Wizard

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the wizard forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III wizard class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
May 16, 2012 Vetting a Hero: the Wizard It can be difficult to choose which hero you want to take into battle against the legions of the Burning Hells. To help inform your decision we’ve compiled all of the gameplay and story information you need broken down by class. Barbarian Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor The Wizard Wizards are renegade spellcasters who use their bodies as vessels for arcane energy, forsaking the more careful path favored by other magic users. They manipulate all manner of forces to disintegrate, burn, and freeze their foes, and they can control time and light to teleport, create powerful illusions, and deflect oncoming attacks. Wizards grip wands and staves to focus their less potent magics, blasting at their enemies while gathering the energy or time necessary to destroy them in a dazzling hail of arcane might. With few exceptions, wizard attacks are conducted at a distance, away from danger. As living artillery, wizards are well suited to relying on long-range destructive power. Videos Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise - Wizard story and gameplay pre-launch preview Skill Rune Preview - An example of how skill runes augment an ability like Ray of Frost Wizard Reveal Trailer - The wizard class is revealed at BlizzCon 2008 Diablo III Gameplay Preview - Worldwide Invitational 2008 Diablo III first-ever gameplay trailer featuring the barbarian and witch doctor Gameplay Active Skills Passive Skills Skill Progression Skill Calculator Items Images Artwork Screenshots Character Background ... ...Zarhym0 May 16, 2012
May 12 RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) I created this set of tools for my own use and decided that they could be of benefit to others. The tools are designed to remove a lot of the guess work from gearing choices and give you a as accurate an estimate of your wizard's potential in various aspects as possible. What it includes: -Tool to help with calculating the eDPS of various spell combinations -Tool to calculate the APoC and LoH returns of spells and their "spam-ability" -Tool for calculating Mitigation and Sustain -Tool that calculates changes in DPS, Mit & eHP with stat changes. -Tool for calculating Cooldown Reduction and Cost Reduction -Tool for calculating the Firebird 6-piece DoT damage and infinite DoT threshold -Tool for calculating damage within a Tal Rasha 6-piece skill rotation. -Tables for all breakpoints (Yes, they still very much exist in RoS). -Reference page of stats for skills with some notes on behavior (Requires Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet software) Download location: http://www.olynick.net/d3/tools VOD of the Wizard Tools Workshop on April19, 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/vizjereiclan/c/6569262 Let me know what you think. -dolynickdolynick242 May 12
6h Question on reroll for vyr/rasha hydra Hey all, I'm trying to squezze in 0.8% (so 1%) attack speed in order to reach the next hydra breakpoint after I roll INT->AS in my weapon in a single swami stack no kills situation (aka guardian). Here is my toon: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/alex-26372/hero/86438837 There are three possiblities, since amulet, RoRG, armor and (soon) weapon all have max AS rolls. 1) Fazula: same rolls as my present one but 47 or more stacks 2) ORotZ: guaranteed rolls but must aim for 8% cd and 7% as simultaneously 3) Gloves: probably the biggest upgrade if I can find ancient ones, since both CD and AS were low rolls in my current normal ones. I've been gambling and rerolling gloves but I haven't even come close to what I'm looking for. Which one of the three do you feel would be easier? Thanks!alex5 6h
6h Solo Wiz advice Hey Can someone have a look at my character/build and let me know what improvements I can make? I've got a reasonable ancient AB bracer and a reasonable ancient PD bracer. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nadir-1822/hero/87217172 I tried the COE build with the PD bracers but I found it took too long for me to get back to archon with the build and i was too squishy without it. I also found that without Ingeom it takes too long to get back to archon which causes the same problem. I can solo speed run GR70 easily and GR 75 but I capped out at GR 82 with this build. Is it time for a full build change or can I keep this build and just tweak it. Any pointers would be appreciated.Nadir7 6h
8h Why arent we able to rearrange Archon skills? I wasnt sure whether i should put this in general discussion or wizzard discussion... but i thought wizzard was more for builds and stuff and since this is more about gameplay (while pretty wizz specific) i put it here. I really would like to be able to change the order of my skills. I have all my movement abilities on 2 since i started playing d3. Now archon has a teleport... on 3. Why.. It just twists my mind and i keep spamming the stupid bubble xD There should honestly be an option to rearrange the skills. Either by pressing s in archon form and just dragging them around, OR you just put the skills where their representative in non-archon form is. So if i have teleport on 2, the archon teleport should also be on 2. The latter should also be easy to implement... Please i really want to play the archon build but i get a bit frustrated when i think about putting teleport on 3 and misclicking the first days i play the next season :/ Thanks for reading. Edit: Fixed a few stupid spelling mistakes and so on. Also right now i am trying to put my teleport on 3 and change the order of my keys, so that 2 is 3 and 3 is 2. That way at least the muscle memory works... but it is still confusing since the skills are not in the order the keys on your keybord are. I would really like a real solution to this and not some work around, thanks :)Yamyatos7 8h
10h New player advice? Hello everyone I am looking to get in to D3 play & I am currently playing a Wiz, whats the best build? Talent/spell choices? ATM I am doing some lightning build..pixeledgamer1 10h
16h Need feedback on my build for completing GR90 Hello fellow wizards, My current build has completed 85.. I wanted to jump to 90 and done maybe 20-30 attempts on GR90 but I have been having some problem surviving mobs and killing them.. It takes me atleast 3 archon cycles to even kill 1. maybe 2 if I'm lucky. Am I just lacking paragon levels? Should I switch to COE (I'm afraid I might not be able to go back to Archon form as fast and die more)? If you also have suggestions with playstyle.. I'd appreciate it. Please provide feedback on my current build. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Marky-1560/hero/87345580 Thanks in Advance! :)Marky4 16h
16h Help with my DB farming Wiz Hello, After playing this game for a little bit now i decide to build a DB farming Wizard Objective: Farm DB in T10+ with ease I came upon the flash fire/ Wand of Woh wizard and saw how little effort this took (even more so when you Number lock or whatever that thing in the options is called) Currently he can do T8 easy but dies easy in T10 The gear i have is just stuff i found and figured it would work. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what else to get/ gear to change/Skills/build Etc Like i said this is strictly going to be my DB farmer in T10Brutal8 16h
18h Question about firebird bonus. About the 6 pieces bonus; when they say it's stack 20 times; is it only the defensive part, or both the offensive buff and the defensive one that can stack 20 times? (is it a 2400% buff? and if soo, how reliable it is?)Kelmort3 18h
21h What elites to avoid in gr pushing? What affixes do you guys skip in higher greater solo rift pushes?Raven3 21h
1d 100 grift NON-archon builds? so my friends are pushing grifts 90+ and i run a delseres build running full tank in order to just run as support. I do absolutely nothing other than A)not dieing and B) giving time warp buff to friends/position with ransors folley/twister I am ok with that for the most part. I would like to be able to contribute some damage though. In solo progression though it doesnt work because of that lack of damage issue. So i hate archon build. It is ok in vyrs set only, but once you add tal rasha it is just to much work for me to care, and to squishy. it is not fun at all. are there any non archon builds that can do high grifts? blizz why you hate wizard so much that there is zero diversity in the builds? why is manald heal archon the ONLY way to play?Albeido1 1d
1d Augmenting question Here is my dilemma, it's better to augment with high level gems but I can't find good groups that need a wiz to allow me to push the gems up and when I do find those groups I've had them inspect my character and complain that I don't have high enough augments. Would I be better served to continue creeping my gems up and hold out on augmentation until I get them to 70 or 75 or am would it be better to augment all my pieces now with 60 - 65 gems and start the grind for gems again? I've maxed out at GR 75 solo at the moment so I'm not what you would call a high end wiz.Nadir5 1d
1d DMO Set Revamp So after starting with a Wizard this season and painstakingly having to try and farm this set... What if you cast slow time and it stays up and follows you, similarly to Archon? I don't believe it would be much of a hassle to make this viable, along with the added benefits of farming with the set, and would make it more useful.DaTruthX140 1d
1d Dirty casual needs some help So I'm not exactly a beginner; I've got lvl 70 Barbarian and Monk and I got the Raekkor starter set in season 7? with little difficulty. But this is the first time I've played a wizard, trying to get the last Delsere gift has become a chore. I've stalled out on grifts, lvl 17 I keep running out of time about a minute before encountering the guardian. I get Belial T4 consistently down to about 40% health before dying. So I could use some help with my build. Is it just a matter of grinding for better gear or is it possible to finish this set with the gear I have, just different spells? I don't have any gear that helps Archon so I've been focusing on Slow Time/Explosive Blast but I can't kill mobs fast enough.Rommel7728 1d
1d Firebird archon Looking to use the firebird set for my HC wizard so he has another life w the 2 set. Not sure on how this really works though https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-firebird-archon-build-patch-2-5-season-10 Seems like I have a huge downtime without archon and without a spender so I'm just walking around spamming a crappy primary. Then, even when I am in archon I feel so slow compared to the Vyr set bonus giving teleport with archon that I don't feel like my archon uptime is efficient What am I missing w this build? Not logged on w gear in the profile ATM. In SC I have access to the full item list and cube and tested it, HC have all but missing set wand and amulet so I haven't run with it yet thereAstynax4 1d
2d Help with gear farming Hello I am seeking of some help on farming some gear for my wizard I would like a few primal sets so I can do rift 70 solo my self as well if anyone is interested in helping farm gear and sharing the loot ill be in game my battle net tag is SSEN#1372 anyone is welcome to add me as a friend and help me out I got a few rift keys I can use.SSEN6 2d
2d Online Tool: Weapon Damage Calculator Pallis posted a link to a spreadsheet for a weapon damage "re-roll" calculator a few weeks ago. I have been working with him to create an online tool allowing everyone to do the same thing but a much simpler interface. A beta version is now up and running! I think the original credit for the spreadsheet goes to DrewPWeener#1265. Other people have contributed to updating by fixing calculations such as BDF#1838. If I have missed anyone out, I plan on adding a note at the top giving credit to anyone involved with creating this wonderful tool! http://www.diablohoarders.com/Home/WeaponDamage/ please let me know what you think and any feedback you may have to improve the tool or interface. ************************************** * Suggestions So Far * ************************************** @PieHole - Add a tool-tip pop when hovering over the fields to calculate the percentile rolled compared to its maximum range. @ChangeBooster - Create an area to auto-calculate damage numbers according to Passives and Elemental / Elite bonus damage from gear/weapons.Poltergeist28 2d
2d Archon skill positioning I have read that the default skill locations for archon abilities can not be changed, Is this still the case? I find the setup extremely uncomfortable and would like to be able to move the ability locations. If the skill positions can not be changed then I won't bother to use this skill, ever. I would hate to shelf such an epic skill simply because I don't have the freedom to do something so simple.DarkestLight8 2d
2d Looking for a simpler casual wizard build Back when I first started this game, the Firebird wizard was in vogue and I had a lot of fun with that. Then I switched over to a FC Barb which was fun for a while. Then I put the game down for quite a while and I'm getting back into it. I'd like to play a wizard, so I did some reading. It sounds like Firebird is SO last week, and the latest popular builds revolve around Archon. I watched Deadset's video on the Archon Hydra wizard strategy and my head exploded. I enjoy the game, but I don't have anywhere near the dedication require to learn a build and strategy that complex. Is there a wizard build that is marginally formidable that doesn't require that level of depth? I'm not looking to do GR 95. Maybe half that. I'm mostly looking to have fun and burn off an hour here and there. Thanks for any advice.enchant12 2d
2d Follower with Wyrdward Can MH ring works with Wyrdward? I have Wyrdward on my follower, which has 29% chance to stun. Or does MH only work with my passive?Menie2 2d
2d Primal Starfire Dilemma So I just got a perfect Primal Starfire - it has 1000 INT, 10%enhanced damage, and 10% CDR. Should I roll 7 ias in place of the INT or the enhanced damage? I'm thinking ias in place of INT right?SuusJudex4 2d
2d Zei and Hydra As of 2.5 Live the damage bonus is calculated from the Hydra to the Monster. On 2.6 PTR the damage bonus seems to have been changed for most/all pet to be calculated form the Player to the Monster. Can anyone confirm that Zei is currently working this way on 2.5 live servers? My testing seems to indicate the above, but I might be missing something obvious/dumb. Here are a few screenshots of my testing: http://i.imgur.com/gqmCO8S.jpgDavlok7 2d
2d [2.5.0] (S10) MH Hydra Mechanics + Builds Welcome Wizards, adventurers! A new season, S10, is on the horizon, and a new post is warranted. This post will focus on the MH Hydra, specifically the lightning hydra, which can now proc Manald Heal. Mechanics info summed up from the testing and ideas of many players, also including but not limited to: Adria - Darnet - Tee - Vox - xTonyJ - Christos - Cybah - aloc - MasterJay - StoleOwnCar - Zhanji - Troupster - Bear If you are looking for last season's post on most Manald Heal mechanics, here is that link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109 Definitions Dynamic: MH proc damage will adjust due to the buff or debuff. Same Hydra as cast has it's MH proc damage adjusted dynamically at the time the buff or debuff takes effect. Snapshot: the buff, skill, or item bonus only affects MH damage if the buff was active at the time the hydra was cast. If the buff was not active at the time the hydra was cast, that hydra does not benefit from the buff, skill, or item bonus. Single Stack Swami = One stack of swami, base this is 50 archon stacks with fazulas. One stack icon displayed on UI. Double Stack Swami = Up to two stacks of swami. Note: damage between these two stacks are currently additive. Two stack icons displayed on UI. MH = Manald Heal CHC = Crit Hit Chance CHD = Crit Hit Damage AS = Attack Speed MH Hydra Mechanics Attack Speed is factored in as a damage component for Hydra MH procs. Higher AS will increase your hydra MH proc damage. Hydra MH proc damage scales 1:1 with any AS increase or decrease. Higher AS also increases Hydra attack rate and adheres to Hydra Attack speed breakpoints. See a list of those in the link below: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/15270729572 The 255% Lightning Hydra skill damage (as listed on the hydra skill tooltip) is also factored in to the MH Hydra damage formula. Assuming no changes in dynamic or environmental buffs or debuffs, a hydra that is cast will deal the same amount of MH proc damage throughout it's duration. This amount is an average of damage. Skills and items that have a ranged requirement base their MH Hydra proc damage on the location of the hero, not the hydra. Skills and items that have a location based mechanism base their MH Hydra proc damage bonus on whether or not the hero is located within that spell or effect. Each hydra has 3 heads, this means you can have up to 6 hydra heads active. Each head has 15% chance to proc Paralysis, and therefore MH. (Yes, it's the same chance regardless of which head cast.) Hydra is treated as a speed coefficient = 1 spell. This means when your hydra head procs paralysis it will proc manald heal exactly one time. It does not have a "proc window" mechanism. The extra damage from archon stacks increases MH Hydra damage dynamically. However, the attack speed from Vyr4 that increases your sheet AS (and therefore could be used to increase hydra damage) is a snapshot mechanic. This means the hydra damage that you calculate as gained from AS must rely on single stack swami values. Slow Time: Stretch time - both the benefit to your hydra damage and hydra attack rate require the hero to be positioned within the bubble. However, since the damage portion is snapshot, you need only be within slow time when casting hydra to benefit from this. However, the attack rate of the hydra updates dynamically, so if you're relying on this skill to meet Breakpoints, you'll need to be within the slow time for it's duration. Slow Time: Stretch Time can be stacked twice, by using both the non-archon form slow time and the archon form's slow time. You can get 20% AS gain from this skill when it is stacked up twice. See here for a quick test on that: (https://youtu.be/Xx_PgpYzN1M?t=595) Tasker and Theo (TnT) does not increase the damage of the hydra. However, TnT can be used to push the attack rate of the hydra to higher Hydra AS breakpoints. Note: TnT by itself does NOT increase the base chance for paralysis. This stays at 15%. CHC on gear and from skills (even debuff type skills) does increase MH Hydra proc crit chance. CHD on gear and from skills does increase MH Hydra proc damage. Etched Sigil cast Hydras cannot proc MH. To my knowledge, Mirror images cannot proc MH. These items, gems, gear affixes, and skills increase MH Hydra proc damage and are dynamic in nature: Power Hungry Audacity Starfire Zei's Stone of Vengeance Convention of Elements Bane of the Powerful (Multiplier only) Bane of the Trapped Deathwish Orb of Infinite Depth Slow Time: Time Warp Strongarms (Also noted procs within last 1s of 6s window, confirming increase to 6s duration) Any damage debuffs such as Elemental Exposure or Cold Blooded Mantle of Channeling Oculus Ring These items, gems, gear affixes, and skills increase MH Hydra proc damage but require snapshot: Black Hole: Spellsteal Taeguk Magic Weapon Unwavering Will Familiar: Sparkflint Gogok (Hydra damage AS portion only. The Attack rate portion is dynamic) Pain Enhancer (Hydra damage AS portion only. The Attack rate portion is dynamic) Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan (Note: this item can also decrease MH hydra damage because of the legendary effect) These items, gems, gear affixes, and skills do not increase MH Hydra proc damage: Elemental % damage on gear Hydra %Skill Damage (on gear) Enforcer Gem Furnace (in cube) Bane of the Powerful (elite damage portion only) Arcane Dynamo If you'd like to look at the source of this info or any of my tests please look at my [2.5.0] testing playlist, or reference the MH hydra thread below, where other testers contributed: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KocceLYhS4KU2a0hVSa8JU https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753187415 The 2.5.0 MH proc 25% "channeling" nerf: The nerf reduced the length of time in which MH can proc once paralysis occurs (to 1.125s down from 1.5s). To restate, the proc rate was NOT nerfed. It affects not only the skills listed on Mantle of Channeling / Taeguk, but also spells which have a speed coefficient > 1. Skills such as: Disintegration Wave (Archon Beam) Arcane Torrent: Static Discharge Electrocute So for your speed farming builds using archon that would destroy almost anything in less than 1.125s anyway, the nerf has little to no impact. Its only for higher GRs, RGs, or high HP mobs that youll notice the drop in procs / damage. Hydra Combination MH proc BUG: When Hydra is used in combination with any other lightning skill to proc MH, Hydra takes precedence, and will interrupt and even prevent your other skills from proccing MH. This has been tested for both single target and multi-target. Bug report: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753677495 What does this mean? Likely if you are in a group speed setup and you are the Single target DPS, if you want to deal more MH damage with the lightning beam, you'll have to withold casting your hydra (trash clearing). If you want to deal single target MH hydra damage instead, cast hydra (for RG and maybe elites that are at low density). MH Hydra is in a weird position with the MH Hydra bug. Players will have to either work around this bug or neglect it entirely when pushing in a group setup. Wizard might end up simply buffing the WD and helping the barb pull in adds. Possible solo builds also suffer greatly here. It's the reason why my non-archon builds only include the lightning hydra, and not other lightning skills. This isn't to say a solo build with hydra and (likely) archon wouldn't work, skill placement just wouldn't be very efficient. Builds Starting with limited listings, but will update with any other meta defining or really unique / interesting builds as the season progresses. Here is the playlist for my builds in 2.5.0: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq ----- Non Archon Builds: [2.5.0] FB6 Hydra MH solo (with build guide - GR90+): https://youtu.be/99MSj2kW65s?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88755 http://www.d3planner.com/918609998 [2.5.0] Tal6 Hydra MH solo (GR90+): https://youtu.be/OZb_Q-1g9F8?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88756 http://www.d3planner.com/740723551 Both should be able to hit about GR90 once fully augmented, good gear, 1200+ paragon, etc. The Tal6 has higher damage potential, but has much lower defense, and is harder to manage resource with as well. Between the two, I prefer the Firebird non-archon build so far for soloing. [2.5.0] Tal6 Electrocute Multi-Purpose Farming (TXII) - Guide + Gameplay https://youtu.be/TB-lZhfiOqo?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88758 http://www.d3planner.com/933982528 Super fun farming build. Broken Crown / DB farm / Gold farm / Key & legendary farm capable. Can do up to T12 4p fairly readily. Basic idea: blow up packs of enemies with Manald Heal and Electrocute. Use high AS gear + paragon + Legendary gems to proc MH more regular. Optional Swap: Swap out Gogok for Wreath of Lightning. Wreath spreads PE quicker, but lowers your base AS breakpoint. I've found it better in high density rifts, where Gogok seems better for low density rifts. I've been running with Ice armor swapped for BH:Supermassive, since you don't need Ice Armor if using Wreath. Nice for grouping ranged packs. Lots of utility and room for swaps. Hope you like it. =) [2.5.0] Tal6 Electrocute MH - Low GR Speed Build + Guide (GR50-60) https://youtu.be/6RBNKBWfVO0?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq http://www.diablofans.com/builds/89642 https://www.d3planner.com/247511230 Tal6 Electrocute MH for low gem leveling. Hybrid build (group or solo). Works best at GR 50-60. Main focus is trash clearing, which makes it a great complement to the Shadow DH and Archon Wiz / In-Geom builds, since these builds tend to focus more on elites. Runs should be in the 2-3 minute range. ----- Archon Builds Zhanji, Bear, and Troupster's builds are a good starting point if you're itching to get started with archon. They put together two ranged builds, one with zodiac and one with CoE. https://youtu.be/S2V5ZyKKqMo Zodiac: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/87336 CoE: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88079 [2.5.0] Tal/Vyr MH - T13 Comfort Build + Guide (Archon) http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90351 https://www.d3planner.com/722646684 https://youtu.be/OkXPh6SLSWo?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq Torment farming build. Great for T13, and would work great early season for farming T11/T12 as well. I did not like having to manage archon in torments, turns out having near perma-archon in a highly mobile setup is what made it work for me. Build also has more AS for quicker paralysis / MH procs, and doesn't have a range requirement. For footage, I removed INT from paragon, and only assigned 100 points to other categories. Gameplay shown at 12k INT. Threw in a GR 70 run at the end to show you can use it for quick, efficient, low GR gem leveling as well. [2.5.0] Tal/Vyr MH - Archon Beam for Lower Speeds This is the speed build I've been running for lower speeds with just the archon beam. Can be used in casual (non-meta) group comps and also in solo. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/89064 http://www.d3planner.com/794197806 https://youtu.be/z-y3CsWkQoE?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq The core build sacrifices Starfire for quicker startup with Pig sticker (or any dagger with AS / CDR). Nemesis and In-Geom for quick runs. Stretch time and deflection. Cast slow time when in archon form, but typically do not cast this spell when outside of archon, since it will consume extra zodiac if your in-geom is down. Alternates/Variations: Use starfire instead of pig sticker for extra ranged multiplier. Time Warp instead of stretch time for extra damage option. Use ABB bracer instead of Nemesis for more defense. Optionally you can also swap Power hungry to Galvanizing ward. This will lower damage slightly, but help with tankyness, since ABB doubles shields. If missing quad gloves (no AS on glove), then roll AS on your second ring or Amulet (wearing a RoRG with INT / AS / CDR is acceptable in this case). For slightly higher speeds where you want more power - run pig sticker with starfire in the cube (no in-geom) It's fairly easy to roll an ancient dagger with appropriate stats (took me about 45 upgrade rares to get one with adequate affixes though), so this will be good to start with earlier in the season. [2.5.0] Tal / Vyr Ranged MH Hydra w/ Zodiac - Variation for Group Speed GRs http://www.d3planner.com/791818321 This is likely the build I'll likely be running at the beginning of the season for group speed runs (3 to 4 player with support). You can swap out Teleport for Spellsteal or Event Horizon, per your preference. Wearing RoRG (INT / AS / CDR) is acceptable until you find a good Manald. Depending on what level of clear you are at for speeds, consider swapping out Stricken for Trapped. This will get more damage for the rift, and should be the better option if you are already killing the RG quickly (~45s). [2.5.0] (GR100+) TalVyr MH Hydra - Melee Fragment CoE - Group Build + Guide http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90066 https://www.d3planner.com/141482274 https://youtu.be/BqTX_AnZtzs?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq Melee Fragment CoE Archon MH Hydra build for group play. Harder build to play, considering you have to maintain your rotation even with strict CDR requirements, move through the rift and coordinate with your group all during. Some benefits I feel the melee version affords: Higher defense / restoration with Barrier Blades and Safe Passage Can stand in the pull spot more often outside archon to help survive, this also depends on elite affixes - I found desecrator and arcane to be too high damaging. You'll probably still have to dodge molten explosions. Easier to maintain double bubble positioning on RG. Stacks Stricken faster, hits max on blading, so more consistent in terms of scaling damage (will work better for high HP RGs in my opinion). Cold archon beam won't proc paralysis, which is great for helping your barbarian and not incuring additional CC resist penalty on mobs. Some ancillary tasks of the STDPS role during the rift portion: Pick up globes when barbarian isn't near Aggro monsters from opposite direction barbarian is pulling Buff the WD with Stretch time Finish off low HP elites if they are in low density - communicate with your group if staying or skipping Survive / Live so you can make it to the RG without holding back the group and losing time. I didn't mention in the guide, but it might be possible to unassign Area Damage from paragon, that way you'd have 0% AD. This might reduce server lag when in high density. Use force stand to help cast blades. Particularly useful for gaining shield when no enemies nearby, or when in density and you can't click on target accurately. Alternate skill swap is trade out Safe Passage for Twister:Gale Force. This would buff the Witch doctor's damage 15% when you are out of archon, but you wouldn't gain as many archon stacks, plus it costs gear affixes (must roll APoC), and lessens mobility and defense. Spectral blade legendary damage % doesn't matter for this build. You can use an ancient Fragment even if it has a low legendary damage roll. Use Serpent's Sparker or Fragment of Destiny, whichever is better. Play in the video just below 13k INT / level 100 gems. Completed both 97 and 99 rifts, and can definitely go higher. RG at the beginning of video is from a GR99 as well. Here is (a rather long, 27m) Stricken theorycraft in which I optimized the Melee Fragment CoE build and compared it with the Ranged Starfire / Zei CoE MH Hydra build. https://youtu.be/3yax0WlOogM?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KlTnEHs10e4TORyKmbYBQq Summary: I think Melee is better due to higher multiplier by the 4th (sometimes even the 3rd) archon cycle. Additional thoughts: Melee better for Power pylon or Saxtris stricken stacking. Ranged harder to manage the max range multiplier bonuses (compared to melee maintaining melee multipliers). Ranged incurs more travel time. If Ranged not even hitting AS BPs of the melee build, even more stricken stacking advantage for Melee. ----- Below are my current Lightning Hydra archon test build listings. If you happen to get a chance to run any of these, let me know if they hold up or not. Thanks! Here is the ranged cold archon (with Zodiac) where we use Trapped instead of Gogok. The intent for this build is pushing group GR. [Credit Christos and StoleOwnCar for help & ideas]: http://www.d3planner.com/636195453 Below is melee archon v1 (fast stricken stacking) zodiac build. Might not be enough to overcome the loss of multipliers, but so far has been fun to at least test out. Intent again is for pushing group GR. http://www.d3planner.com/274047014 https://youtu.be/8rv7mCqnSa4?list=PLsBZISJpoL0KocceLYhS4KU2a0hVSa8JU Melee archon v2: http://www.d3planner.com/298710738 Including Time Warp instead of Stretch time Swapped out Gogok for Taeguk V2 stacks stricken slightly lower than before due to the loss of Stretch time. loss of hydra damage is at least 5% from not having stretch time, which is something to consider, along with the aforementioned that time warp debuff is additive. However this setup would buff the WD at least 20% damage, still be able to hit 3.33 hydra breakpoint, and kill the RG reasonably quickly. Kill speed on RG should be similar to that of ranged zodiac setup (one that uses gogok) with the added benefit of clearing the rift portion faster. CoE blades / Fragment of destiny test build idea: Use Fragment of Destiny and Spectral blade. This will give max stricken stacking when outside of archon. You'd swap out Starfire to fit in Fragment. Swap MM for Blades. Ranged would still be highest damage i'm thinking but if you wanted it so that you didn't have to transition into ranged position before lightning cycle, melee might work too. Ranged: http://www.d3planner.com/955340660 Melee: http://www.d3planner.com/843601759 ----- Thank you for reading, have fun in season 10! Please comment and share your thoughts, and remember: Embrace the madness within. Surrender your self. Be one with the hydra. =)Cratic163 2d
3d Quick question about IAS If you're running the solo push build, i.e. Starfire/Aether Walker, how much more IAS is necessary from gear (rings, gloves) to be optimal assuming that you have 7% IAS on your weapon and Tal's chest?Bulvai5 3d
3d Wizard stickys So after a long time away I can understand why the guides and builds threads and things were taken down, however, why have no new ones come up to fill the void? Some of the more serious players and those with strong working knowledge, i urge you to band together and perhaps we can consolidate the wizard knowledge into a good guide and have it stickyed. To that end, if you have a guide perhaps post up in here or link to guides you know that work well and we can build anew, some farming specs and grift specs and current top tier stuff. I will try to work on getting it all together with the help of the community. I think i might re-do my solo leveling guide, perhaps tailor it to hardcore or something to help starting wizards out. Many of the builds in the early levels have not changed much but the gameplay has indeed shifted. I don't know if people would get any use out of it but it's a start i guess. TL;DR In this thread: Post links to current awesome builds (farm spec, 4p grift, op) Post links to mechanics clarification (such as how archon stacks work or MH or such) Post links to wizarding guides I will look through them and compile for an epic stikey if possible. Maybe even write your own and post it up to help things move along.Amos7 3d
3d Manald Heal + Zei's Stone of Vengeance? My question is simple ZEI'S STONE OF VENGEANCE gives ... Manald Heal says: ... my question is simple, 1 - if i stun enemies with passive of Zei's Stone of Vengeance and not with passive paralysis, can enemies get stunned again like a stack with eletric damage and get manald heal damage, or 2 - if i stun enemies with zeis stone do i have to wait until stun ends and stun with eletric damage to get manald heal damage? i'm thinking that zei's stone of vengeance is delaying the electric stun (because the non eletric stun), and thereby slowing down the damage of the mandal healing. Tell me if stun can stack, because i've seen enemies getting stunned and not getting manald heal damage. sorry for bad english, forum of my country knows nothing.Herculys2 3d
4d What attributes do wizards need? I have a level 19 wizard and im just wondering. What attributes do wizards need when it comes to equip? Like vitality + dextirity or what? Also, what kind of weapon do you suggest? One hand wand with a shield or book or two handed staff ?Vm4n6 4d
4d Feedback pls. Few days farm after 2+yrs Hello lads. So there's been a TON that has changed since I've played D3. To be honest, it's been longer than 2+ years however I did play again for a little bit when RoS came out but not for to long. Anyways I quit well before greater rifts/legendary gems, ancient's and etc etc came out. Maaaaaaaaaaaan what is up with the CRAZY high numbers on everything now? It's insane. While there was a ton of new stuff to learn, I found that the crafting cube would be my best friend. Without looking up any builds, this is kind of what I've found/gone with. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SrslySam91-1775/hero/89068625 Now, I am probably looking to change out Ranslor's and *possibly* my belt (fazula's) so that I can either 6 pc vyr's or my firebirds. But I really enjoy the Ranslors, it makes grouping/farming outside of my archon really easy and fun. I'm not to sure what to do about my source (etched sigil) because honestly I find that it has great synergy and works really well with my current build. Casting a ton of tornado's along with my bracers that groups enemies up together, not to mention the extra fire damage along with everything..I do a good bit of DPS. The hardest part right now for me is figuring out what item's to socket, and what stats to give up on my jewelry for sockets. My amulet for instance, I'd like a socket. But is it worth giving up the crit damage? Also, should I be looking for a different source to use? Obviously for my Fazula's I would extract the passive if I got a set belt or whatever - honestly right now it's difficult for me to choose which one to use, the one that has the -60% cost of disintegrate is really good because I channel it for free outside of archon, and I've been running a build right now where I don't really *need* to use that -60% channel cost, but it's kind of niche and nice to have. My weapon I know prob isn't the best, however it's really one of the only ancient wands I've found that has such good stats. It stinks that the passive is useless..but the stats are great for me. I can solo T8 greater rifts with ease right now, and I haven't tried anything higher yet. I imagine I could go to at least T10 pretty easy, but I want to see what I should be looking to upgrade next. Manald heal appears to be the flavor right now, if I went with that ring..how much would I need to change? I don't have as much + fire damage right now so it would be easier to change out I suppose, and then it would be easier for me to change up bracers too. My ring of royal grandeur though has good stats, so I will most likely keep it on. I'm using the zodiac ring for the CDR passive from the cube. ALSO - I do have the swiftness legendary gem, gogok or whatever. Would it be worth to lose the 49% crit damage from my ring to get a socket for that? Or should I swap out my rank 25 Mirinae? (15% on hit to smite nearby enemy for 4500% wpn dmg as holy and heal for 3%) Sorry for the wall of text. Thank you guys in advance for any help! Just kinda slowly farming and crafting, I'm enjoying the current build and I have most of the core pieces I was looking for. So now I just need to know really if there's any other big items I should be on the lookout for :DSrslySam913 4d
4d Blackhole bug? Hey idk if this has been posted at all and I am to lazy to scroll down past 10 posts but has anyone noticed that when using the arcane damage blackholes mobs will live with 1 hp until the effect is over?Fontss10 4d
4d Wave of Force Ignored? Wave of force in my opinion is such a cool skill, but yet there are no supporting legendaries at all. Why not? the runes are unique with themselves. Its just sad that there are so many things close to good builds, but then there is no support Anyone else? would you like a WOF build? got any ideas for Items?xDawn0fKaosx16 4d
4d Need help mastering Tal's set dungeon Hello All. I'm having a very difficult mastering the Tal's set dungeon. Can someone or anyone look at my wizard and offer some advice? I sure would appreciate it, this is getting very frustrating. I keep getting bitten by the rockworms is the main problem. I seem to be able to get the 4 stacks pretty much whenever, it's getting bitten that's killing me. Thanks for any help. Btw this wizard is wearing the death breath's farming set, just cuz I was db farming when I made this post. Thanks again. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jaris-11987/hero/87660392Jaris10 4d
4d is cdr dynamic? This seems like a bit of a silly question, but is cdr dynamic to ability cd's? I was thinking the cdr from gogok in particular, do i need the stacks up before activating an ability to benefit from it?Icemephit2 4d
5d Primal LON Wiz My first attempt at Primal Lon Build using lightning. Easily clear t10, have not tried much else. Would like a Primal Aquilla for chest. Any ideas guys to improve this build? It is a load of fun with lightning hitting mobs all over screen. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/profitz-1700/hero/88302464 the above is my seasonal wiz sun. just noticed my gear changes to last one i wore in game. got on my db farm gear now. i guess there is no LON wiz build this season good enough to compete.profitz5 5d
5d GR20 Solo, Need to Increase DPS Hello everyone, I'm trying to complete Season 10, Chapter IV, and all I have left to do is to clear Greater Rift Level 20 Solo. I've tried about five times now and I can always get the Rift Guardian to appear in time, but I've never been able to kill him/her in time. My second last attempt, I failed by one second. One second! Most frustrating. You can view my Wizard here, but I suspect simply getting my DPS up would do it: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juxtapose-1171/hero/84470957 I've also been using this build to take advantage of the Set pieces I have: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-arcane-orb-build-with-the-dmo-set-patch-2-5-season-10 My Wizard is a tank, she never dies (I died a few times to Belial, and that was it), but I find killing things takes a bit, thus my thoughts about increasing DPS, but I'm not sure how to do it. I swapped Teleport out for Blizzard and that's what got me to within a second of completing the objective (added DPS). I've been gambling for Wands and crafting some, but they're never higher damage than my existing one. I'm also using the Templar as my companion. Thoughts, tips, and advice are welcome!Juxtapose3 5d
5d Idea for Wizard revamp Foreword: I know a lot of class is in a bad position and need a revamp. I am not posting this to try to get wizard revamp ahead of anyone. I am doing this because I play wizard a lot. I love the pre-set wizard, but I cannot play the current wizard because I don't like the skill Archon. Resource: Problem: Mana and Arcane power is almost the same. There is no different in gameplay. By adding max mana or AP on critical, can both eliminate the need to use a generator. So it serve no propose in differentiating the classes. Suggestion: Rework the resource to Arcane instability. "Old spender skills" now generate Arcane instability. "Old Primary skill" now dispense Arcane instability. At max Arcane instability it will cause wizard skill to have a 20% chance to fail and use basic attack (not primary) instead. Interaction: All secondary skills now work with depth digger. (as they generate Arcane instability) Mantle of the Rydraelm: Instead of having a 20% chance to fail an attack, your armor skill is destoryed when you reach maximum Arcane instability releasing all the power in a brust of wave of force (Resetting Arcane instability to zero) Jang's Envelopment: When you reach maximum Arcane instability, you can cast Blackhole freely for 5 seconds The shame of Deselere: Your primary skills now attack 50% faster and deal 200% increased damage, but now generate 9-12 Arcane instability. For more revamp suggestion of all class please visit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yt78Dk2L4wjuXgEBiOyGuqM8y-E5_Nft1idKvCDY8yw/editXelNagaIvan12 5d
5d make me a new wizard set dev team!!!!! Make me a wizard set that increases my damage the lower my base health pool is. I want to make glass cannon nuclear powered DPS wizard that can die from a goblin fart. Make it just for me so i can make my ultimate low vit build. Me love you long time. #1 wiz in blizzard cafeteria YORIYORI7 5d
5d Getting a Primal weapon Hey fellow wizards, I guess like many others I'm trying to get a primal weapon. So far I've spent: ~ 600 bounty mats (120 reforge tries) ~ 10 000 Death Breath (400 upgrades from yellow to legendary) ... and got zero primals. None. Not a single one. So I was wondering, which is the most efficient way of getting primals? And if it's a reforging using bounty mats, which weapon is better to reroll for a Hydra build — Seprent Sparker or Starfire? Is there any difference between these two in terms of default stats, e.g. that Starfire always rolls with +AttakSpeed or something like that?Anike18 5d
6d What is wrong with the Wiz? What [removed language] is the problem with teleport? Its almost unbearable, does anyone work at Blizz anymore? [Edited for language - Moderator] Zaino2 6d
6d Do you know me! Only handful people I still recognized - Amos, Vox (my gosh I can't believe you are still playing), Yori, and MasterJay (you too, my gosh...). What other games have you guys been playing while you have been out of the game? I'm surprised I still remembered the pw to get in the forum. Is this game still fun?yodatoy51 6d
May 20 Teleport and walls Is it normal that I can't TP through wall because the door (that can be 20meters away, or even on the opposite wall) is closed ? I mean, this is TELEPORT, why would a door block me when it's not even on the wall I want to go through ?Akai10 May 20
May 20 Back after 1 year quick question on melthiel Hello everyone, I am fighting melthiel as i always did but i noticed that i cannot avoid anymore his red wigns attack by standing behind him ... he always hit me ... something has changed in previous patches ?rickmage0 May 20
May 20 Archon: how 30% and 6% stacks are applied? Hi, could someone clarify the following issue for me? 1. I figured that neither archon skill 30% damage buff or stacks 6% buff is displayed in my dps stats. The only reason why dps is increased is due to increased attack speed my Vyr's set gives. 2. That said, I am wondering in what way 30% damage and 6% per stacks are applied? I have a 45 Stacks Fazula's belt and I enter Archon form. Is my initial archon damage multiplied by: a. (100% + 30% + 45*6%) = 400% = 4 b. 1 * 1.3 * (1+45*0.06) = 4.8 c. Some other formula I do not know or see.Cuthalion3 May 20
May 19 A fix for teleport...? Before any comments 'archon already too op u want to buff it even more to make it faster ooo' I don't play archon I don't like it and it should be nerfed. Back to specific teleport skill So I have a feeling the teleport skill uses pathfinding for it's destination. For me that often results in failed casts, I'm getting blocked on wall because some doors didn't get destroyed and then cooldown drops and I'm frustrated. That worked better and smoother in Diablo 2. A change would be nice :)Kaelos2 May 19
May 19 Returning player, build/farm help! Hello gents and ladies. Been a little bored recently and saw the new necro class coming, so I decided that maybe I should pick up D3 again. Last time I played was to go through act 5 I think - however I'm still running a t-fury/MM build. It actually still does well in farming T3-T4, but I don't know what to farm now or where to farm. I guess greater rifts are the place to be - but what should I be looking for? I know about the new legendary gems or whatever, and that they can only drop from GRIFTS if I remember right. However I just don't know what to look for in an item at the moment. Is frozen orb viable again yet? From what I've read on here I guess that archon is the new flavor build? I might level up my monk to 70 again maybe and play him - but he's pretty dated. Wizard is where all my gear is at, I don't really have much Monk gear (but I do have a decent bit of lvl70 plans that I could craft) so tbh I'm just looking for any advice on builds, or what gear to look for, what farming I should be doing atm etc. I did find a ring of the zodiac yesterday, with decent stat rolls (I think crit/iAS and a socket) so I assume that everyone is still doing crit/crit damage right? Trifecta's aren't really the thing anymore and instead a socket is preferred for the legendary gems? I did go find the cube also yesterday, and was looking up some recipe's. I know there's a lot posted here and I've tried my best to look at builds and etc, I'm just very far behind and it's kind of overwhelming to try and figure out where to start :D. Ty for any help in advance!SrslySam918 May 19
May 19 So ... I'm back to D3 and Wizard. Posting just to let you know. :)RoGeR11 May 19
May 19 Delsere set dungeon Complete all tasks in 4:30. All goals completed. Your time 4:29. Fail. How? I enjoy playing solo and have never completed any set dungeon. Finally learned how to do everything and this happens. Any ideas? Getting very frustrated and too old for heart attack now.zinethar1 May 19
May 19 MH Wizard Build help Im looking for some help on my wizard, i keep dying over and over again on some rifts, but in others i sweep through them. Heres my character https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arcane-1782/hero/78207018Arcane3 May 19
May 18 [2.4.3] (S9) Manald Heal Builds + Mechanics Gather 'round fellow wizards, it's a new year, and time for new builds. =) Season 9 brings the Manald Heal ring (pff Manald, right? ...WRONG). Manald Heal can deal tremendous amounts of damage if used properly. GR builds with MH will be clearing in the 90+ range. While I still think Paralysis chance should be adjusted a tad higher, and some item interactions could be better, overall I feel MH is a great improvement for the wizard class, introducing many new builds that are approaching FB archon levels of play. Note: if you're looking for any Season 10 / MH Hydra related mechanics, I've started a new thread for those: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753695205 Big thanks to anyone and everyone who assisted and researched manald mechanics or gave advice for making these builds better. Including but not limited to: Vox - Malakai - GBrav13 - TinneOnnMuin - Christos - StoleOwnCar - MasterJay - aloc - Angry - Davlok - Adria - Wudijo - xTonyJ Loves! Without further - lets dive in. Here is the playlist for my build videos if you'd prefer that method. Note there are some videos below that are not mine though. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy ----- Mechanics. General list of Manald Heal (MH), Paralysis, and other related mechanics, mostly taken from the Manaldo thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752207091 Edit (1/31/2017): Important testing just in: These do not increase MH proc damage: Elemental % damage on gear Skill % damage bonuses Furnace Elite damage Powerful (BoP gem) Elite Damage These do increase MH proc damage or Crit chance: Powerful (BoP gem) Multiplier Sunkeeper Elite Damage Unity Elite damage Strongarm Bracers Audacity Power Hungry Bane of the Trapped Zei's Stone of Vengeance Starfire Orb of Infinite Depth Slow Time: Time Warp Black Hole: Spellsteal Taeguk, Magic Weapon, Sparkflint, Unwavering Will Stone of Jordan Elite Damage Bane of the Stricken Deathwish Pig Sticker - Beast Damage Pig Sticker - Human Damage Elemental Exposure Bone Chill Cold Blooded Glass Cannon Pinpoint Barrier (+5% CHC buff) Conflagration (+6% CHC debuff) Deep Freeze (+10% CHC buff) Iceblink (+10% CHC debuff) Broken Promises Gem of Efficacious Toxin Convention of Elements Lightning phase Oculus ring spawns Bastions of will set Endless walk set For more info on the tests I did to find the above, see these links: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=8#post-160 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=11#post-203 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=11#post-220 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=14#post-264 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=15#post-284 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=15#post-285 All my d3planner links now updated, in general, try for AS or INT on amulet. Bracers updated to not have Lighting %, the exeption being Archon builds. These will still need to have Lightning % on bracer to tell the Vyr2 bonus to assume that type of damage when in archon. Continuing with MH mechanics: Paralysis applies on cast. MH damage appears to be applied on hit (based on testing, deals damage in line with spell damage ticks). Paralysis is a static 15% chance to stun. Chance is NOT multiplied by skill proc coefficients. MH can deal damage multiple times per Paralysis proc, assuming the player is channeling or continually attacking the target. If Paralysis rolls "true" on cast: multiple spell ticks per attack cycle can be sent that will apply paralysis to any enemy hit. Spells of speed coefficient = 1 can only proc MH from the first cast that procs paralysis. If that cast has the ability to tick or deal damage multiple times, MH can proc up to that many ticks from that cast. So, for example, with Spectral blade, MH will only proc on the first cast upon paralysis, but MH can proc up to 3 times from that one cast. For spells of speed coefficient > 1: If an enemy is affected by paralysis, they can take damage from MH within 1.5s of time. Any spell damage tick that hits them can potentially proc MH, assuming that spell is allowed to proc MH. Note that MH does not proc on every tick. There exist gaps in time where no procs occur during a proc set window. For more info on these gaps, please reference this comment: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=22#post-422 MH can only proc on targets that have had paralysis applied to them. Damage from MH is applied instantly, from the same cast / tap of a spell that procs paralysis. You don't really need to hit twice to proc MH (though it can proc MH more times on targets already affected by paralysis for speed co > 1 spells). MH can proc on different targets at near the same time. See: http://imgur.com/v6mDX6N Paralysis passive or a hellfire amulet with Paralysis is required for MH to work. Any skill that can proc Paralysis can proc MH (Note: does not include MW:Electrify). This means you must use lightning skills to deal MH damage, and the skills have to be cast by you. Additional damage from non-lightning sources does NOT proc MH any faster. MH damage is applied even when Paralysis stun effect is ignored due to CC resistance ramp (Credit Vox and Adria). CHC on gear and paragon will increase MH proc crit chance. Crit chance is not included in damage formula (Manald Heal can critically hit). CHD on gear and paragon will increase MH proc crit damage. CHD from Emerald in weapon will increase MH proc crit damage. MH likely has no ICD in place. MH does NOT proc area damage. Skill damage on gear does not increase MH proc damage. MH does NOT proc from Etched sigil casts. AT:SD can proc Manald in sets of two at the same time, on the same target. See: http://imgur.com/cY1Txhx Electrocute chains can proc Manald in multiples of two at the same time, on the same target. See: http://imgur.com/tHDwcSB. EDIT: After testing consecutive procs from AT:SD I found that the MH procs from AT:SD seem to average out over time to match tick rate of the spell, but this still makes damage more bursty. Shame of Delsere AS bonus does affect (increase) the rate at which MH can proc. Items that deal lightning damage do NOT proc MH. (Fulminator, Shard of Hate, Thunderfury, etc.) Wreath of Lightning does NOT proc MH (but can still proc Pain Enhancer). Wyrdward % chance to stun is multiplied by spell proc coefficients. Wyrdward % chance to stun does not apply towards increasing Paralysis chance, and does NOT assist in proccing MH. Same thing with Zei's stun: multplied by proc coefficients. Does NOT help proc Paralysis. Does NOT assist in proccing MH damage. Delsere 6 piece bonus will NOT increase the damage of MH. Dovu Energy Trap does NOT increase the duration that MH can proc. (Credit Adria) Mirror image spell casts cannot proc MH. Still to confirm: Using multiple paralysis capable skills, how do they interact with MH procs? For 2.5: Hydras & ranged and pet buffs (gems / skills) ----- The fact that MH can't proc Area damage means it may not scale into the highest of group GR. When you combine this with archon builds having a hard time getting stacks at the higher GRs, the wizard class might not make it into the group meta as a DPS role. This isn't to say it does terrible damage, I'm just saying the scaling of the damage is limited by these mechanics. ----- Attack Speed & Most known suitable skill choices. Since Paralysis is decoupled from proc coefficients, this makes skills with speed coefficients > 1 more appealing. This means, AT:SD, Electrocute, and Disintegration Wave (Archon) all are prime picks. It also makes stacking AS to meet higher breakpoints incredibly appealing for both: Proccing Paralysis more often. Proccing MH damage more times within each Paralysis window. MH can proc very rapidly at high attack speeds. In slow-mo vid testing, the lowest time noted between MH procs on the same target was .066 seconds (less than a tenth). This was from a Tal/Vyr archon test at the 15 ticks/s Breakpoint. This is why all the builds listed below utilize attack speed. You'll want to hit max AS rolls on all gear required + Paragon. Breakpoint tables and charts for speed co = 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 can be found here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/8770117237#post-11 Above post is by APO. Breakpoint table for Shame + Fragment (or just Shame) can be found here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20042886074?page=5#post-84 Above post is by Dolynick. You can also use the wizard tools that are stickied on the forums: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/10971757476 Post by Dolynick. I use my own custom spreadsheet that I've built up over time. Just easier for me at this point. =) As an aside, I think that it would be great if we had a disintegrate lightning rune of some sort, as suggested by RoneNeffect here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752207091?page=2#post-28 This would allow disintegrate builds to exist with MH that aren't archon based. ----- Torment & Bounty Builds. Your bread and butter, these are hopefully entertaining enough to keep you interested, while still making farming an easy task. If you're like me, and don't like archon as much for Torment farming and bounties, these might pique your interest. [2.4.3 PTR] (TXIII) Tal Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW http://www.d3planner.com/197686568 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85734 https://youtu.be/dRhrQq3hNOg?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Get close in to dense packs and proc Pain Enhancer with Frozen Storm and Chain Lightning. This will bump you up a breakpoint or two and get you quicker paralysis and MH procs. PE bleed helps take out low HP mobs as well. Big multpliers from Tal6, Bastions of Will (F&R), Trapped, and Audacity. Power Hungry included as well for the off chance you get a proc at range. All the crowd favorites for easy farming: Aether Walker for mobility, Nemesis Bracers for extra elite pack spawns with pylons, Goldwrap Hoarder for easy defense, and Corruption shoulders for increased pickup radius. Keep FN:Mists and EB:Chain Reaction on autocast, and coast through the rift, casting Teleport and Chain Lightning. Shame of Delsere is Mandatory for AS bump and AP gains. Myken's is also required for the chain to same enemy effect. Boot slot is fairly open. Nilfur's is a go-to, but you could opt for Ice Climbers if you prefer. Keep homing pads on swap and make sure to bring out your cosmetic pet for additional gold pickup. Alternate Jewelry is Endless Walk + RoRG. Typical solo clears for this build will be in the 2.5m to 4m range. [2.4.3 PTR] Tal Electrocute Manald Heal Bounty Build http://www.d3planner.com/780054573 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85746 https://youtu.be/KF2axNupOMI?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy For TX to TXIII bounty farming. Well balanced - can handle single target boss fights, or crowd clearing bounties equally. The basic idea is to leverage multpliers and elemental damage bonuses to clear 4p games well. To handle bosses, engage them at range. To handle normal mobs / group clearing, engage close up. Similar to the build above, we use Frozen Storm + PE to get more MH procs when engaging groups of enemies. Multipliers: Tal6, Endless Walk, Trapped, Audacity, Zei's, Power Hungry Elemental Bonus: Starfire Mykens for chain to same. Defense is provided by Ashnagarr's Blood Bracers + MW:Deflection + Galvanizing Ward. Use Calamity to stun enemies as needed. Aether Walker for mobility. RoRG to meet 6 set bonus. When at range, Trapped is procced by Paralysis. Test run as seen is performed on T13 solo, since it's on the PTR (not many people on doing publics). Picked a few randoms out of each act. Handles T13 solo easily, even at my power (12.5k INT). Should be easily capable of 4p TX in early season. After you augment, and get better gear, expect to be able to clear up to T13 4p fairly handily. I killed Malthael at the end just for funsies. Found a menagerist goblin during the run with the Friendly Gauntlet drop. Blast! Why?? [2.4.3 PTR] (TXIII) (650+ DB/hr) Tal Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW + Sage's http://www.d3planner.com/243624048 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85922 https://youtu.be/bdtnKUUIPSQ?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Death's breath farming build that can clear TXIII in 3-4 minutes. Average DB per run will typically be between 35 and 50. In place of Goldwrap + Hoarder + Boot slot we place Sages + Wreath of Lightning. Energy Armor is used instead of Frozen Storm. I prefer the Pinpoint barrier rune for this one, but you can slot Force armor or prismatic if you want the defense. Attack speed is slotted (as is Pain enhancer + Wreath of lightning) to give quicker paralysis procs. Enchantress is recommended. Even with the ABB + GW combo, still a very touch and go build, so take care when engaging enemies. [2.4.3 PTR] (TXIII - 200p @ 3min) {HC} Tal Electrocute Manald Heal + AW for Hardcore http://www.d3planner.com/584412299 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85928 https://youtu.be/WbL0Uvj06TI?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Hardcore build for those who want more defense in their farming build. As seen, the clear speed is slightly slower on TXIII, but does include more defense for torment farming. A few swaps compared to the SC TXIII rifting build: Uses ABB + MW:D + GW to get massive shields. Slots OID for added defense, especially needed when engaging elites and the RG. Homing Pads for quick escape if you proc, or just at the end of the rift. Ice Climbers so Frozen doesn't necessarily wreck you. Black Hole for CC'ing monsters - especially good for swapping Nemesis bracers in for pylons, just pick up gold and cast BH before clicking the pylon. Keeps you from getting insta-gibbed. Avarice Band for easy pickup. Still slots Goldwrap + Hoarder for huge defense when picking up gold. Alternate Shoulder + boots combo is Firebirds for the extra second life. ----- Greater Rifting (GR) Builds. The main event so to speak, MH offers up many builds that can reach GR90+ with relatively low effort in gearing. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR94+) Tal AT:SD Manald Heal + Aquila + Deathwish http://www.d3planner.com/359733445 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85735 https://youtu.be/GvUH_UsIkjg?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR90 @ 12k INT This build leverages the fact that AT:SD can proc MH twice on the same target at the same time. We slot high AS + PE like the Torment farming builds do to hit increased breakpoints. Tal6, Endless Walk, Deathwish, OID, Mantle of Channeling, Trapped, and Audacity make up the bulk of your damage multipliers. Taeguk is great for the extra damage boost. Typically MH doesn't proc immediately when engaging enemies, so dropping stacks isn't so bad of a thing. The idea is to clear the rift faster, spend a little more time on an RG (RG with adds like Saxtris would be king), but overall spend less time in the rift compared to having Stricken. Aquila is placed in the cube for extra damage reduction. With OID, Tal4, Mantle of Channeling, and the Halo + APD combo this makes for a very tanky build. LoH on weapon / bracer adds nice recovery. Resource is managed with many sources: RCR on Shoulder, Paragon, Topaz, and (possibly) source. APoC MW:Conduit +Max AP from paragon and source. These allow you to keep up Aquila at all times, even on single target. Blizzard: Snowbound is used to assist in PE procs, keep up the Tal4 bonus, and is great for helping proc Trapped at range. Feel free to sub whatever cold spell you prefer though, as this is fairly optional. The RCR roll on source is not 100% required, VIT is a good alternative if you feel fine with Aquila buff uptime. Same thing with LoH on bracer vs VIT, I prefer the LoH for the good recovery. Another potential swap is to go without MW:Conduit, and slot FN:Bone chill or ST:Stretch time. This would give more damage, but at the cost of having to need density to keep up your Aquila buff. So, this is more of an advanced option. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR90+) Tal AT:SD Manald Heal DPS Group Build + Guide http://www.d3planner.com/428954774 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85948 https://youtu.be/5D0iIhlZCGg?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows a 2p GR85 clear. This is a Tal6 AT:SD MH build for group. Core damage comes from MH / Paralysis with high AS gear / skills. Stacks as many multpliers as possible to achieve huge damage. Core play involves keeping your Tal bonus up, popping slow time when support pulls in density, casting Spellsteal for big buff in time for CoE lightning phase. Works well with heal + pull support builds, since AT:SD allows you to stand in place. For added damage, defense, and group utility, we use the OID and Crown of Primus with Slow time. I think the Primus + OID combo offers more defense and group utility overall than a Hergbrashes + Furnace + Force Armor setup would be able to. Elite damage on the furnace setup would be slightly higher (~8.3% according to sim), but overall the ST + OID combo provides more damage and utility for clearing the rift. May not be the highest Damage build for a group compared to Firebats WD, but it's mighty fun, and works well at these GR levels. Wudijo's Tal6/Vyr4 MH Archon Meta Guide - the "Lightning Wiz" https://youtu.be/YSWV5xjk7yQ Take a look at this video guide for more info regarding the current Tal6/Vyr4 MH archon meta builds (as of 2/15/2017). The video description includes links for d3planner with Torment and GR speed farming variants, and the solo build. Thanks to Wudijo for putting out this very detailed and impactful guide. [2.4.3] (GR94+) Tal6/Vyr4 Manald - No Halo - APDs + Ice Reflect + Trapped/Zei's/Gogok http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85740 http://www.d3planner.com/748302147 https://youtu.be/4uRRz4UrcPw?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy https://youtu.be/B5iUz0LQyBk?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy (EDIT: 4/6/2017): Added this build back in. This Aether Walker Zodiac build by Cratic is best described by Dragonfire: ... Dragonfire says Trapped works great up until about GR 92. He recommends replacing Trapped in my build above with Stricken if you want to push higher than that. He estimates stricken will get you up to about GR96 with this build. It is recommended that you swap to the CoE variant (as listed below) if you are trying to push as high as you can go. As mentioned, the above build is a great way to get used to Aether Walker. Tal / Vyr MH Archon CoE Solo Guide by xTonyj: https://youtu.be/NhDecAZRcEU Tal / Vyr MH Archon CoE Group Guide by xTonyj: https://youtu.be/3qWsuWudnsc Adding xTonyj's guides for CoE manald group and solo to the listings. These seem high damage, but pretty hard to play, and the solo build especially will require a lot of fishing. Solo CoE Aether appears to be more powerful than the zodiac variants. [2.4.3] Firebird Archon Fire and Lightning Group Build (by StoleOwnCar) http://www.diablofans.com/builds/86483 http://ptr.d3planner.com/510299188 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMAYECGxv48 https://youtu.be/yyeHQ_SlIA0 While it is FB archon based, this variation for group by StoleOwnCar uses the Manald Heal ring to deal lightning damage. GR100 in first video. GR95 cleared in 9 minutes at ~1700p shown in 2nd video. Skills MW:Ignite, Chantodos Wave of Destruction, and Mammoth Hydra are used to ignite elites for the 6 piece FB bonus. Mammoth Hydra continues igniting and dealing damage when you go into archon. CoE for even larger damage multiplier. AT:SD is also a high damage dealer in this build when outside of archon. You need max CDR on every slot, and the ideal elemental % distribution will be 20% fire (on bracers), this is to give chantodos fire damage. Attack speed is highly valued. If you find a pair of gloves with CDR/IAS/CHC/CHD, you're lucky. Weapon benefits from having IAS on it too. It will increase your manald bursts considerably with more IAS. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR93+) FB AT:SD Manald Heal + Aquila + Deathwish http://www.d3planner.com/987377148 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85738 https://youtu.be/aVRXM0yZSLs?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR89 clear. Similar to the Tal Rasha AT:SD Manald build, here is the FB version which is more tanky, but dishes out less damage. This is due to having a lower damage multiplier and lower base AS breakpoint than the Tal setup. Suprisingly, being able to stand and channel longer due to the DR somewhat makes up for the lower damage. It's a little more clunky than the Tal build, less mobile, and less efficient, but it works. Defense for the build is provided by FB6, Safe Passage, OID, Aquila, Halo + APDs, and Mantle of Channeling. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR89+) Vyr6 Manald Heal :{Ranged}: Zei + Starfire + EE + Zodiac + AW + Crystal Shell http://www.d3planner.com/510924647 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85741 https://youtu.be/KqNx41mwCkY?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows gameplay - GR85 @ 11k INT. Lost this particular rift due to bad RG - but at 4-5m ahead of the timer, can easily clear once you get a good RG spawn. This build uses Starfire + Zei + Power hungry with Archon beam attack to deal damage with MH at range. Primordial Soul + EE is used in place of UA to get even more damage at range. DS: Crystal shell + Zodiac + Aether Walker are used to gain additional defense when outside of archon. APDs are also procced by Calamity when outside archon. When inside archon, Ice Reflect and Cold Archon attacks are used to freeze and proc APDs. Planner shows two variations: high paragon and low paragon. I included LoH on weapon for both of these since I felt the recovery was needed. As far as gameplay goes, use the beam and make sure you are standing next to enemies whenever possible to get extra stack buildup from your blast attack. Attack the RG from range. Make sure you have Cold (or arcane) damage on wand. Be sure to also use cold archon for the stuns (with lightning % dmg on gear). Ice armor is the Ice Reflect rune, not Crystallize. +Max AP is recommended on paragon, wand, source. Potential swaps for Crystal shell include DS:Shards, ST:Exhaustion, and BH:Spellsteal. If you want to go more tanky, you can swap out endless walk for Halo of Arlyse + Hellfire with UA (or any of the other 4 passives & swap out that one for UA). Use Ice Armor: Crystallize with this swap. This will get you up to about GR80. Special thanks to Christos, TinneOnnMuin, and aloc for their help on this build. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR91+) Tal Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW + EW http://www.d3planner.com/438406970 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85743 https://youtu.be/3z_P0FR1Dw8?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR87 clear. With the increase to small mob progress on the PTR, Electrocute is pretty good at pushing higher GRs. This Tal build skips most elites. It's very much a melee electrocute build. Includes PE for higher breakpoints. Stricken is fairly mandatory for the RG with this build. Halo + APD combo is the bulk of your defense, so you really have to look for good mob types. The double second life from Unstable anomaly and FB2 bonus come in handy for this reason. Frost Hydra is placed to proc Trapped and the Tal4 bonus. Could be any cold spell (as preferred) though. Absolute Zero, Snowbound, and Frozen solid are also good options. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR91+) FB Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW + OID + Aquila http://www.d3planner.com/150952173 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85744 https://youtu.be/IWm2dsvg7lU?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR87 clear. Super Tanky FB electrocute build. Typical FB style of play - kite to density, consume the density with the elite giving FB6 buff, then possibly finish off the elite. Aether Walker for high mobility. Lots of defense to be able to ignite easier (have to get close to hit them with EB). Cast Apocalypse only when needed, since it does cost significant amount of AP. Make sure you're channeling into density (for high AP returns) when casting. Though they are close, I prefer this FB electrocute build over the Tal Electrocute build for GR. AW definitely makes it easier to find and ignite elites, and the defense is great. ----- XP Speed / Gem Leveling Builds for GR. Gems, gems, who has the gems? [2.4.3 PTR] (GR75-85+) Tal AT:SD Manald Heal + Ranslor Gem/XP Speed http://www.d3planner.com/973776741 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85745 https://youtu.be/F5U09GwJZaQ?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR80 @ 6m. This build can handily take on GR75-85+ for gems/xp. Timed 6m on a good run, but can take as long as 8.5m if you get a bad rift. Keep in mind you can always reduce your GR a few levels to increase your clear speed, if your gear is unoptimized. Pain enhancer allows for quicker Manald Procs. OID + Esoteric + Halo/APD for defense, allows you to engage most elites. Ranslor pull is amazing for assisting in APD procs and quick trash kills, even with a bad mob type (shamans, wasps, etc.) Aether Walker for increased mobility with Conduit + RCR on shoulder, paragon, and Topaz in helm to handle AP costs. I've placed Illusory boots for positioning within enemy hitboxes and ability to run through waller, but you can opt for other boots, probably Nilfur's, if preferred. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR60-75+) Tal Electrocute Gem/XP Speed w/ Manald Heal http://www.d3planner.com/975016649 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/86592 https://youtu.be/lpt3-4E-D28 (4p GR 60 2m clears) https://youtu.be/l_Ob2-8CnAc?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy (3.5m GR70 solo clear) This build is quite adept for clearing lower GRs (even in group play) fairly quickly. The extra defense from ABB + GW + OID help to keep you alive to get that "no death" bonus gem roll. Edit (1/17/2016): updated build to include FB 2pc from shoulder / boots. The double second life helps even more with staying alive during the rift. Thanks to Malakai for core ideas. Altered his original build to be melee oriented (with PE). With the additional placement of Gogok, the build is very capable at getting Paralysis and MH procs in a timely fashion. AS rolls are mandatory, and Enchantress is recommended. Wish I could have included nemesis, but the drop in defense was too much with that swap. Alternate gems to Gogok would be Zei's or Powerful. [2.4.3] Tal Electrocute MH - Velvet Camaral + Black Hole (GR60-70 Speed Build) http://www.diablofans.com/builds/87727 http://www.d3planner.com/937253882 https://youtu.be/IxepJ52VPCI?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy A fun speedy build for GR65 ish and below for those quick gem-ups. VC works well at these levels, however, RG kills, especially if you try and push higher than ~GR65 start to take a long time. Video shows 1 GR65 run, and then 1 GR 60 run. Gear is at the end. The Halo of Arlyse + APD combo along with the double second life (UA + FB2pc) help ensure you stay alive for that extra bonus gem roll. I recommend you bring a friend to kill the RG for you if you want to run GR70 speeds. This build handles the trash at that level still fairly efficiently though. Wanted to get this out as I know many of you have been asking what I would do if I would slot VC. [2.4.3] Tal Electrocute MH - Velvet Camaral + EW (GR65-75) Speed Build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/87819 https://youtu.be/PgaBvtEAbKQ?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows 2p GR 70 carry @ 5m. fun build, capable efficiently up to about 75 solo. More glassy, but still agile, and more damage with the EW. Can use ABB instead of Nemesis if preferred. ----- Here's to hoping these ideas help your wizard in the upcoming patch. Happy new year, and Good luck in season 9!Cratic433 May 18
May 18 orb of infinite depth icon stack I'm playing as lightning archon build so I had the "orb of infinite depth" cubed and I'm using explosive blast this way I can get 60% damage reduction but I'm I suppose to see an icon of stacks when it works? because I'm not seignior anything. ThanksSenju10 May 18