Wizard

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the wizard forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III wizard class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
May 16, 2012 Vetting a Hero: the Wizard It can be difficult to choose which hero you want to take into battle against the legions of the Burning Hells. To help inform your decision we’ve compiled all of the gameplay and story information you need broken down by class. Barbarian Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor The Wizard Wizards are renegade spellcasters who use their bodies as vessels for arcane energy, forsaking the more careful path favored by other magic users. They manipulate all manner of forces to disintegrate, burn, and freeze their foes, and they can control time and light to teleport, create powerful illusions, and deflect oncoming attacks. Wizards grip wands and staves to focus their less potent magics, blasting at their enemies while gathering the energy or time necessary to destroy them in a dazzling hail of arcane might. With few exceptions, wizard attacks are conducted at a distance, away from danger. As living artillery, wizards are well suited to relying on long-range destructive power. Videos Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise - Wizard story and gameplay pre-launch preview Skill Rune Preview - An example of how skill runes augment an ability like Ray of Frost Wizard Reveal Trailer - The wizard class is revealed at BlizzCon 2008 Diablo III Gameplay Preview - Worldwide Invitational 2008 Diablo III first-ever gameplay trailer featuring the barbarian and witch doctor Gameplay Active Skills Passive Skills Skill Progression Skill Calculator Items Images Artwork Screenshots Character Background ... ...Zarhym0 May 16, 2012
Aug 23 RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) I created this set of tools for my own use and decided that they could be of benefit to others. The tools are designed to remove a lot of the guess work from gearing choices and give you a as accurate an estimate of your wizard's potential in various aspects as possible. What it includes: -Tool to help with calculating the eDPS of various spell combinations -Tool to calculate the APoC and LoH returns of spells and their "spam-ability" -Tool for calculating Mitigation and Sustain -Tool that calculates changes in DPS, Mit & eHP with stat changes. -Tool for calculating Cooldown Reduction and Cost Reduction -Tool for calculating the Firebird 6-piece DoT damage and infinite DoT threshold -Tool for calculating damage within a Tal Rasha 6-piece skill rotation. -Tables for all breakpoints (Yes, they still very much exist in RoS). -Reference page of stats for skills with some notes on behavior (Requires Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet software) Download location: http://www.olynick.net/d3/tools VOD of the Wizard Tools Workshop on April19, 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/vizjereiclan/c/6569262 Let me know what you think. -dolynickdolynick241 Aug 23
31m A little assistance please http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luciffer-1358/hero/80854969 I can complete GR46 but the boss is hard I can play Torment 10 but can not beat the bosses, Diablo, Maltheal, ETC. I realize it may be my playstyle, I'm not a keyboard pounder and I love Disintegrate, it's simple and worked well with Tal's 4 stacks up until now. Before you say I need to switch out to Firebirds, DSO or Vyr's RNG is not my friend on the other sets, I have them all but they have horrible stats. And yes, my weapon is not the best, it does not even have a legendary affix, I have yet to see a better one though, even with a legendary affix, the stats are just to low. RNG right? LOL So, the question, your thoughts on skills I should look at would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a math guy though so if you could keep it simple that would be great, Haha! Thanks in advance ;)Luciffer2 31m
43m DMO 6pc damage increase on 2.4.3 PTR ... Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20362179 Damage increase as noted from 2000% to 2800%. Will this make DMO builds viable / competitive again? Would be great if so.Cratic13 43m
1h Recovery stat low on wizard So I've been farming gear and now at P300, my wizard still has bad recovery and low damage. Here is my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GhostPants-12380/hero/82385719 Any ideas? I've been trying my luck to farm a better weapon like Aether walker or Wand of woh but bad luck with RNG so far at Kadela and the cube and rifts. I can do solo up to T4 and GR20 no issue with my current build/level. I do like meteor and black hole is very flashy fun! What meteor and black hole runes work best at higher GR levels?GhostPants1 1h
1h Why Can't I Play Archon? Apparently it's the best DPS for the wiz, everyyone seems to love it and the game appears to really push that build with the uber powerful buffs it has. But, despite knowing all of that, I just don't enjoy playing an ARPG with long CD's. Under 20 seconds I can manage, but anything more I typically try to avoid. The effect is kinda cool, but I also don't like playing with trans-formative skills like that either, especially when my normal skills are replaced with some fixed set. But anyways, I am hoping someone can change my mind with some incredible fun story :)Alpha2 1h
5h For the good of the class Fazula's has to go Fazula's has become a crutch for every single wizard set we have. Each set should be able to build it's damage up organically instead of relying on this weird, archon hybrid play style whereby archon (and Fazula) is used purely has a damage battery for the core skills. There's been many suggestions by the community about how to buff the Vyr's set to match the damage output of Vyr's match the other sets, and I agree that Vyr's does need a buff. But even if/when Vyr's is buffed to match the damage output of the other sets, we still have the issue of Fazula being a crutch, forcing every set to use archon in one way or another. It needs to be reworked for the good of the class. The current property of Fazula's could be baked into the 6th piece of Vyr's. All sets should be buffed to compensate for the loss of Fazula's. Even if it's just increasing the organic damage multipliers of these sets, that's good enough, but please, as painful as it is. Fazula's in it's current form has to go. It's stifling build diversity.Christos36 5h
10h I've hit a wall I'm a novice at the game. My wizard was doing really well, but now I'm on Act 4 and really struggling. I have 70 paragon levels, but even on "normal" difficulty I cannot get through the Greater Rift lvl 20 solo quest. If someone could look at my character and tell me how to make them better, I would appreciate it. ThanksDragonflight174 10h
11h Me derping through 90, the video So at the end of this run, I remembered that I had Shadowplay installed. So I saved a vid of myself derping through GR90. I had to replace the sound since it had copyrighted crap in it and it doesn't matter anyway. https://youtu.be/0k28TZWtBKM It has a photo finish lol. I can only save last 10 mins with shadowplay so that's all I got. But yeah maybe this can help some people with how they play, and maybe some people can help me with how I play.StoleOwnCar19 11h
20h DMO - Arcane Orbit Play Style Hi guys as you can see i have a decent gear for arcane orbit but i notice that im having a hard time completing GR's 74 and UP im not sure if its my play style or gear that has a problem. and i notice there's a delay in arcane orbit explosion im not sure if this is a bug or a nerf or it is by design, i noticed also that everytime i cast arcane orbit after 5 stacks of dynamo i noticed it does not explode automatically not unless if moved. if someone can give me advice on playstyle and gearing would be much appreciated. Thank you....and btw i hate firebirds XDilov2violate1 20h
21h Archon UI mess So when I tried to play full Archon the confusion sets in when instantly the user interface changes to all runes. WTF? How do I know what they mean? Now that I farmed Archon buff gear would be cool to try a full archon build again to see if I can do much higher GR levels to compare to meteor black hole build.GhostPants1 21h
21h Tal Rasha 2 and 4 pc and thorns Sprinting through mobs on bounties I noticed that every now and then a random meteor would fall on them even though my wiz hadn't attacked anything. Took me a while to realize that it was my accidental amount of thorns were "attacking" mobs that had hit me as I was running by and the TR meteor would drop from that. The thorns either picks a random element or its element matches the original attack's element. It appears thorns proc's the TR 2 pc, but does anyone know if it will proc the 4pc? I know it won't proc the 6pc. It's a curiosity thing...EmmetOtter7 21h
21h Want wizards fixed? Follow #Wizclubrules Please for the love of the class Stop testing anything new blizzard throws our way. They have given us 3 stupid items with stupid over the top (unhealthy) restrictions over the last 3 patches now they are making items entirely based on chance! Just look at what the other classes get. ... Huge damage increases, no passive requirements, no stupid game mechanic requirement, and no stupid chance requirements. No loss of a passive in order to use this items. This is exactly how you design a legendary. ... Huge damage increases, no passive requirements, no stupid game mechanic requirement, and no stupid chance requirements. No loss of a passive in order to use this items. This is exactly how you design a legendary. ... Huge damage increases, no passive requirements, no stupid game mechanic requirement, and no stupid chance requirements. No loss of a passive in order to use this items. This is exactly how you design a legendary. ... Huge damage increases, no passive requirements, no stupid game mechanic requirement, and no stupid chance requirements. No loss of a passive in order to use this items. This is exactly how you design a legendary. ... Huge damage increases, no passive requirements, no stupid game mechanic requirement, and no stupid chance requirements. No loss of a passive in order to use this items. This is exactly how you design a legendary. ... Huge damage increases that are entirely based on chance, Requires a passive in order for it to work (basically a passive loss), Stupid mechanics requirements is what destroys this items. This is exactly how you should NOT design a legendary and this is definitely not play it your way. Blizzard obviously does not play our class at all, they expect you to test their stupid items and then force them onto us. This is exactly why you should not test any new items they give us. They need to test their own items that way they can see and feel exactly how stupid/clunky/over the top they are especially when compared to every other class. ... This type of response is exactly what wizards deserve for testing items we all know are so terribly designed to begin with. ... Wizards are so terribly designed that we have been funneled into a single skill build that entirely erases our skill bar and turns you into an entirely new class in order to play a build that can compete with other classes. This design is so backwards it proves without a doubt exactly how bad the wizard class is designed when they class cant even use there own character/skills to compete. If you truly love this class and want this class to ever get fixed correctly never forget #wizclubrules.Wilson16 21h
23h Hello Hi all! Started playing a bit more after a hiatus (real life...moving, work, etc.). Missed some of my D3 comrades too ;) What's new and good? I saw there is a T-13 and some new builds. Anything I should be focusing on to get back into the game?HosiosLoukas9 23h
1d AP starvation with In-geom? Am I missing something here? I see how this is an amazing item but at what cost? I am using it with a Tal Rasha build and it's really good except I sit at 0 AP when it procs lol. Are you supposed to just stop casting everything else when it procs and let the explosive blast blast away? Am I overlooking more AP generation that I am not using? Thanks!Obiekabie7 1d
1d Meteor Blackhole build I farmed more gear and tested two builds and like the meteor blackhole build as it is lots of fun and works pretty well. My only problem is my recovery sucks. Here is my build right now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GhostPants-12380/hero/82385719 I changed to meteor/black hole because even with the buffs from Vyr set and Chantodo gear the recovery time for Archon was so bad it was tough to use it as effectively. I did rift on T2-T4 and GR 20 no issues so looking for suggestions on my build to improve it so I can farm higher levels.GhostPants10 1d
1d Manaldo Mechanics Just did some Manald Heal testing and here are some findings: 1. Damage is applied even when Paralysis stun effect is ignored due to CC resistance ramp (tested with max CDR cold snap/zodiac to ramp CC resistance to point where Calamity Stuns and Paralysis stuns are ignored) 2. Does not appear to have a cooldown (this is just my qualitative obs watching health bars and dmg from close/overlapping procs). 3. Lightning Hydra (typically thought of as a 'no proc' skill) can proc it. Lightning hydras from images cannot. 4. Storm armor bolts from sky can proc it. Shocking Aspect procs don't appear to proc it (tested with fire forked lightning rune). 5. Yes, it still sucks. It still needs more DPS. It will never be an effective Torment farmer due to low minimum dmg (RNG RNG), terrible AOE, and poor mobility. It will never be effective AOE dps at higher GR due to absolutely terrible AOE/area damage. It will probably never be effective single target dps at higher GR due to low APS/stricken stacking. It has no niche. There is almost no way this ring will be viable unless its weapon dmg is shot through the moon.Vox100 1d
1d Next steps to improve build I farmed rest of TR set and also cubed the Furnace. So far my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GhostPants-12380/hero/82385719 I also have the FB set and Swami hat with Chandolo so could go full Archon route. I have Etch Sigil but had to drop it since my TR uses that spot. Tried to cube it but not show up in choices of cube.GhostPants3 1d
2d Getting Stuck Around GRift 22 I made this Wizard a couple of days ago. I had a weekend free and decided to binge on some D3. I blasted her all the way to GRift 22, and now I'm feeling a little stuck. It's possible I've just hit the slow and steady part and am right where I need to be, but I can't shake the feeling that I need to make some changes, so any help and feedback for a new Wizard that hasn't played this game much since launch is very welcome. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ikob-1503/hero/82425584 Kunai's stuff: I'm still searching for a decent weapon and ring to use in the cube. I did get very lucky though and managed to snag a Swami hat and a Fazula's Improbable Chain. I have not slotted Fazula's in the cube yet. It's still in the stash. I'm not a huge fan of the Archon playstyle where I feel like I'm just trying to survive until my next CD, so I used Hergbrash's Binding to eliminate my need for Familar: Arcanot and slotted Diamond Skin instead. This makes the time between Archons a LOT more tolerable. As for the 2 piece Tal Rasha's, who doesn't like dropping free meteors on things? At least that was the thought process, anyway. When would one make the swap from 2 handers? I had Chantoto's Wand drop, but lack a decent orb. I've been burning through my blood hoping for the other half, but no dice so far. P.S. The forums ate my first post, so I hope this isn't a duplicate thread. Thanks for any and all help!Ikob8 2d
2d Some Wizard skills and items Hello. Firstly i apologize if my english makes no sence, because its not my native language. I wanna say because Blizzard now again makes this horrible design on an item (Manald Heal).... i felt the urge to do... something.. @_@ I would love some feedback from high rank Wizards on this! Also, im no good with numbers/math. So numbers below may be off! Here it goes. __________________________________ Skills Storm Armor: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/storm-armor Now reduces missile damage by 12%? by default. Now stuns or slows ranged attackers for 3? seconds by default.I want a rune for this skill like Ice Armor-Crystalize, maybe not exactly armor also but something with similar benefits. So i suggest give storm armor "Thunder Storm" rune dmg as default. And rework Thunder storm rune to something similar to Ice Armors Crystalize. How about: All enemies within 20? yards from where Storm Armor strikes deals 10%? less damage for 10? seconds. This effect stacks up to 3? times on enemies affected.__________________________________ Archon: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/archon Transform into a being of pure arcane energy for 20 seconds. While in Archon form, your normal abilities are replaced by powerful Archon abilities. Your attack speed, damage, armor and resistances are increased by 50%?. Each hit with archon abilities increases Archon duration by 0.5? seconds. This effect stacks up to 20? times.__________________________________ Sets Chantodo: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/chantodos-will Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 300%? weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 10? times. Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 300%? weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards.__________________________________ Firebird: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/firebirds-plume (4) Set: Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire per second. (remove the 3 seconds part)(6) Set: Your damage is increased by 480%? and damage taken reduced by 12%? for each enemy that is Ignited. This effect can stack up to 5? times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited.__________________________________ Vyr: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/vyrs-sightless-skull (4) Set: Each hit with Archon abilities now also increase your Armor and Resistances by 2%?. (6) Set: Each hit with Archon abilities now also increases your Attack Speed by 2%?, and damage of Archon by 20%?__________________________________ Tal rasha: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-guise-of-wisdom (4) Set: Attacks gives you 15%? damage reduction for 8? seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds.__________________________________ Delsere's Magnum Opus: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shrouded-mask (2) Set: Reduces the cooldown of Slow Time by 50%?(4) Set: You take 60%? reduced damage while you have a Slow Time bubble active. Allies inside your Slow Time gain half benefit.(6) Set: Your active Slow Time bubbles increase your damage by 1000%?, This effect stack up to 3? times.__________________________________ Items Manald Heal: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manald-heal Energy armor gains the effect of all runes Socket Random Random__________ Increase healing from all sources by 20-30%?, and resource regeneration by 20-30%? (can be cubed) Random(current affix on PTR is moved to a variant on Velvet Camaral, see below) __________________________________ Velvet Camaral: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/velvet-camaral Increase chance to inflict Paralyzis to 30%?, and enemies afflicted takes 50-60%? more damage from lightning for 5? seconds.(Current affix is moved to Mykens ball, so it gets both affixes. See below) __________________________________ Mykens ball of Hate: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mykens-ball-of-hate Double the number of enemies your Electrocute jumps to, and Electrocute can chain to enemies that have already been hit.__________________________________ Fazula's Improbable Chain: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fazulas-improbable-chain Increase damage of Archon by 150-200%?__________________________________ Storm Crow: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow Storm Armor gains the effect of all runes__________________________________ Halo of Karini: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/halo-of-karini Your Storm Armor now reduces damage from missile attacks by 50-60%? and automatically casts a Slow Time bubble at your location whenever you take 10%? of your life in damage.__________________________________ Star Fire: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/starfire Blizzard now stacks 5? times Increase Blizzard damage by 150-200%?(move old affix to The Broken Staff, see below) __________________________________ The Broken Staff: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-broken-staff Lightning damage is increased by 8–10%? for every 5? yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 50? yards.__________________________________ The Smoldering Core: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-smoldering-core Lesser enemies are now lured to your Meteor impact areas. Reduces the Arcane Power cost of Meteor by 40–50%.__________________________________ The Grand Vizier: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-grand-vizier Black Hole gains the effect of the Event Horizon rune Increase Black Hole damage by 150-200%?__________________________________ Blackhand Key: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackhand-key This should be reworked to a Necromancer weapon. __________________________________ Deathwish: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/deathwish While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, you deal 50–60%? increased damage and take 25%? reduced damage.__________________________________ Slorak's Madness: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sloraks-madness Removes ramp up time of Channeling Spells. Attacks have a chance to incite paranoia in enemies, confusing them and causing them to be Charmed and fight for you for 5? seconds__________________________________ Nutcracker: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/nutcracker Wave of Force now stuns enemies above 80-83%? health for 3? seconds Increase Wave of Force damage by 150-200%?__________________________________ Eun Jang Do: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eunjangdo Attacking enemies below 17–20% Life freezes them for 3 seconds. Increase damage of Cold skills by 50-60%?__________________________________ Light of Grace: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/light-of-grace Ray of Frost now pierces. Ray of Frost gains the Sleet Storm rune (= can now attack both with ray + sleet storm) __________________________________ Fragment of Destiny: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fragment-of-destiny Primary Skills attacks 50% faster and deals 150–200% increased damage.__________________________________ Telrandens Hand: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/telrandens-hand Familiar now summons all Familiars to your side__________________________________ Gesture of Orpheus http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gesture-of-orpheus Reduces the cooldown of Slow Time by 30–40%. Your damage is increased by 50-60%? when you have a Slow Time bubble active__________________________________ Archmage's Vicalyke http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/archmages-vicalyke Mirror Image last until they die, and you automatically replaces one of your images if you die. This effect may occur once every 25–30? seconds.__________________________________ Dark Mage's Shade http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dark-mages-shade Automatically cast Diamond Skin when you fall below 60%? Life. This effect may occur once every 6–8? seconds.__________________________________ Broken Promises http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/broken-promises Your Critical hit chance is decreased by 6-8? times, but your Critical hit Damage is increased by 3-4? times.__________________________________ The Oculus http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-oculus Teleport gains the Calamity rune, and each enemy hit restores 1? Arcane Power.__________________________________ Winter Flurry http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/winter-flurry Frost Nova gains the Frozen Mist rune. Frozen Mist damage is increased by 150-200%?__________________________________ Mirrorball http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mirrorball Your primary skills now attack in 3? directions.__________________________________ This could be extended..DeG5 2d
2d I Quit Diablo 3 Because of Firebirds Ive been very vocal about the game, I've been around for a long time but there comes a time when you just have to move on and let the developers continue to dig their own whole to live in. I hope blizzard is watching the number of people that leave because of these continuous changes that nobody wants in the end will hurt future D4 sales alot more than they realize. Its one thing to add content to a game, its another to continuously change it and force the community to accept these changes. Games are not supposed to be an endless BETA, i did not pay for a beta i paid for a full game. A full game doesn't have its content changed, they just add to it. I should be allowed to quit for a year and come back and find my characters exactly where i left them. The only difference is that they might be less powerful if more powerful new items were added to the game. Thats how a completed game works, what we have is an endless beta. I wish those who are left the best and i definitely will miss the wizard community and the early era's of the class. I'm sure ill lurk the forums here and there out of habit but i deleted all my characters to prevent me from coming back. The dev's would have to reverse there ways in a future patch for this to happen. For those who do not believe me that never seen me before here is a photo. http://imgur.com/a/thEvA Original Post: ...mat8228478 2d
3d Archon vs Black hole build for Wizard So I did some farming and better gear. Archon is super tricky and confusing to use and Black hole does little damage! My build thus far: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GhostPants-12380/hero/82385719 I have 2 piece Vyr and 2 piece Firebird set to get best of both sets thus far. Any ideas on how to improve my build? What legendary gems would you put in sockets?GhostPants0 3d
4d Firebirds + Etch Sigil on Cube I have a question guys Does the fire skills that were launched from etched sigil triggers and benefits the 6pc firebirds buff? for example i have Meteor (Fire), Arcane Torrent (Fire), Blizzard (Fire), Disintegrate (Fire), on my Action bar then i Cast disintegrate on the elite then my other fire spells like Meteor (Fire), Arcane Torrent (Fire), Blizzard (Fire) pop's up from etch sigil will those fire spells that where fired from etched sigil triggers the 6pc fire birds bonus and benefits from it?ilov2violate8 4d
5d 2.4 Wizard Wishlist Blizzcon is coming and I'm hoping for some good news (really any news) on how they plan on balancing wizards into group play. Hopefully they do a tavern type talk like they did last year and we can put in some suggestions. My QoL wishes Legendary Gems in Kanai's CubeReason - Switching back and forth between characters to find my bane of the trapped (because it's "best" for most builds/classes) gets very annoying on top of server stress from entering/leaving game. Putting them in the cube clears that up since it's account wide. It also frees up some stash space. Right now, we have 20 Lgems and counting that spots cleared up in stash by moving them to the cube After paragon 800, +2 to main stat instead of +5 (Vit still does +5 up to 50 stacks then +1 after)Reason - Paragons rule the leaderboards this allows some more casual players compete. This will narrow the gap between the high paragon levels and mid paragon levels. Buffing Goblin ShrinesReason - I haven't seen one since they were nerfed. I'm doubting they even exist anymore. Goblin shrines were fun. Place them outside of rifts making bounties more worth running since you can double up on farming mats. Remove/Cap +XP gearReason - You should have noticed a huge gap between those who solo and those who group play. +XP is already granted for playing in groups and even more when you can run with 2-3 XP players. Capping or even removing will lower the gap a decent amount. Remove Caves from Grifts tile options.Reason - These maps are quite challenging. They usually have multiple dead ends and loops which kill your chances at completing a Grift successfully. Furthermore, they usually have a very poor density making it even harder on tap of the map layout. Removing them from the tile options should reduce fishing and server stress. Update sets/items with pointless general affixes (I.E. +MF on Cain's set)Reason - affixes like +MF, +GF, and +MS should be removed off set bonus/gems. Since these affixes fail to give the same bonus as going up in a Torment level. Changing a Topaz in helm to RCR and Emerald to Area Damage will give more bonus than other affixs. Additional Legendary Gems for weaponsReason - Emerald is by far the best option to put in the socket on our weapons. Legendary gems offer some diversity there. They should probably beat an emerald after level 50-ish. Sage set now actually gives double DBsReason - T9/10 are not worth running when farming death breathes. I can clear faster and net more DB because it's not a true double of DBs. Allowing 4 DBs when 2 drop naturally would make T9-T10 worth running IMO. My Wizard wishes Wand of Woh rolling Melee redux as an additional secondaryReason - Wizard does not have the 30% damage redux that other melee classes have. This is a big hit on the rarest item for wizard since it requires us to go melee. Adding melee redux as a secondary for this item (since it really is special) would allow us to run this item in higher grifts. Updated affixes for: Slorak's, Valthek's Rebuke, Smoldering Core, Broken Staff, Autumn's Call, Starfire, Blackhand KeyReason - These items either have bad affixes or no affixes. Slorak's - Channeling spells no longer have a ramp up (item now can roll +Dis, RoF, or AT) Valthek's Rebuke - Energy Twister now travels at half or double it's normal speed and circles around you (think Arcane Orb) Smoldering Core -let this item affect elites or redesign it to all meteor's now come in a shower (Meteor Shower becomes bigger) Broken Staff - Mirror Images now deal X% of you damage Autumn's Call - Blizzard now stacks X times Starfire - Star Pact no longer drains your AP and damage increase is calculated at your MAX AP pool Blackhand Key - Removes the Cooldown on blackhole but costs 25 AP Magic Weapon and Familiar work like Laws with some type of active buffReason - I know somewhere at sometime someone said that these were going to be looked at. I feel 2.4 should be the right time or "soon" as you guys put it. Cast MW or Familiar and forget it is really really boring. Making them like Laws and Matras would be nice. Make most/all of them buff party to make us wanted in group play. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16773747583#8 Reworked Firebird's setReason - DoT is boring. Hit a marker then stay within distance and watch it die. This set needs to be redone completely. There are alot of good posts in the past about possible changes. AW procs F/R bonusReason - Simple: It just should. It's a teleport is a "spender" once AW is equipped. Tal's buff can restackReason - Why the buff falls off to begin with is begin with is beyond me. Change the icon for buff bar to be slices of pie in colors if it would be too hard to see which needs to be restacked. Tal's 4pc should be changed from a specific element to All Resist and amount should be comparable to straight damage mitigationReason - Most classes get mitigation to all forms and a flat redux, but wizard get a buff to 4 elements and less overall. If you get a wasps or bogan greater rift, might as well restart because you are automatically SOL not to mention majority of RGs are of the poison element. PROC-COEFFS worked onReason - They were nerfed to the ground because of CM. CM is gone, but proc-coeffs were never adjusted. Diamond Skin to work like Ignore PainReason - Shields do not scale well in greater rifts and this skill is one of the least used skills in the game. Please just make this skill work like Ignore Pain. Give it a cooldown. Unruned - Become encase in a diamond shell decreasing incoming damage by X% for X seconds Healing Cocoon - Gain X life per second while Diamond Skin is active Cutting Diamond - Gain X% damage while Diamond Skin is active Encasement - Project your shell outward. giving all allies w/i your extended shell diamond skin benefits. (this will look kinda like a slow time bubble) In The Rough - decreases cooldown by X seconds The Shining - While diamond skin is active, your Arcane Power o Critical Hit is doubled Item to make non - mammoth hydra worth usingReason - All hydras are crap compared to Mammoth hydra. Please update Magistrate or add a new item to make non-mammoth more competitive. New Affix can be Aerial attacking hydras now cast Arcane Orbs of their element. Channeling plans (would be nice to know how they are going to fix skills that don't work with the gameplay)Reason - Channeling spells honestly feel like they have no place in the end game. It requires us to stand still but the game meta is to move and kill fast while channeling is for long battles. I'm really curious on how you guys plan on making this spell work because it's really it's core principles that don't work with the game. EVERYONE would like to see a channeling set. A complete overhaul of our armoursReason - Our Armors are really not that great. Outside of Energy Armor (runes Prismatic and Force Armour) they provide little to no defense. They really need to be looked at. There are multiple posts in the past on the ptr and wizard forum on possible changes or ideas. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15005461524#7 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13595440012#1 Other's wishes Proctection Bracers - Suggested by JennyReason - Channeling makes up 1/2 of our spenders and they are almost usuable because we can not stand still to take damage Gain a Shield for 300% of your Life after casting a Signature Spell. (this has a 3 second cooldown) or While Channeling all damage is reduced by 30% APoC is a secondary roll on Wizard Helmets, Wands, and Sources - Suggested by TheDutchManReason - Could open up the ability to spam more and some builds we wouldn't be required to use MW-Conduit or Familiar-Arcanot or Storm Armor-Power of the Storm Passives need a overhaul - Suggested by MuzReason - We have really good passives (Audacity, Elemental Exposure, Illusionist to a degree), but majority of our passives are lackluster. I will post other threads with previous ideas. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13568066930#3 Wizard set helms changed to Wizard Hats - Suggested by MalakaiReason - they should capable of rolling APoC and Max AP. It can be build-limiting at times always having to choose Magic Weapon: Conduit for just about every single build that uses AP regularly.kasper301615185 5d
5d Firework wiz If you tired of firebird Archon, check my so-called firework wiz, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Th3Dimension-1151/hero/4368330. She passed 77 in one run. Easily can push to 80+.Th3Dimension7 5d
5d How to get better DPS and stats Hi all, I just leveled up a new 70 level paragon wizard and need help getting my poor DPS stats past 199k. My other stats for toughness 14M and Recovery ~1M are better. I am trying to farm better gear for my wizard but it is slow process even though I can solo T1-T4 fairly easy and lower GR below 20 without getting killed much. Problem is when I play in groups, the folks are like Paragon 800+ and can blast through GR 50+ which get me instantly killed. Here is my wizard so far: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GhostPants-12380/hero/82385719 Looking for ideas on build gear, paragon point usage, active/passive skills and so forth. I also leveled a monk, crusader, demon hunter and witch doctor but so far my wizard and DH are better at surviving up to T6 and GR 20. Plus they are the most fun to play. Monk really sucks even though I tried hard to build him up good it was taking forever to complete bounties and rifts. The wizard rocks!GhostPants7 5d
5d mantle of channeling This is my first post on the forums. I'm not sure if this is where suggestions go but I'm going to throw one out. Was thinking since electrocute is like a channeling skill why not have it buffed by mantle of channeling. With the reworked Manald heal might be cool.Beniah2 5d
5d Manald heal and Vyrs So I tested out manald heal with Vyrs archon today. The results where a little disappointing to tell the truth. The damage seems to be there. It's not as high as firebirds archon (obviously) but it does seem like a healthy damage boost up. The issue is that the procs themselves are so sporadic and. Most importantly, in order to utilise the ring properly you need to drop halo. It's s huge defensive loss. I tried the build with both blood bracers and APD (procing with stuns) Tried with high hp and galvanising ward, and I just couldn't survive easily at all. Even with defensive gems. I know vyrs archon on live with galvanising ward and blood bracers has cleared 84 (EU) with CoE so perhaps it's just my play style and the terrible ptr lag that let me down. Ultimately howeve I found that APD was the way to go. I almost cleared gr80 and played terribly throughout so it's definitely possible. I've cleared a max of 83 on live with Vyrs and do feel this build is stronger so I should be able to hit 83-85 with practice. The build is here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#megQSf!Vihb!bYZccZ http://ptr.d3planner.com/755511187 The only way to stay alive is to jocky between packs of stunned mobs, it's very active and aggressive in comparison to halo Vyrs where you'd remain in the thick of packs and soak up the damage thanks to mitigation. You have to keep on teleporting between packs. Calamity rune in teleport is an absolute must. AW or some other form of teleport reset is needed also, as you'll need to teleport between packs as soon as archon drops to keep APD up and to keep alive. But the damage does seem to be there. Archon blast is also meant to be freezing mobs with Vyrs but doesn't currenttl (it's a bug that I've raised here. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752367339 If you care about Vyrs archon please raise awareness for this bug, as the extra freezes will help this build immensely) If someone with more skill and less ptr lag then me (im from uk) would like to test this build out further and provide feedback that would be much appreciated.Christos6 5d
6d Intermediary Firebird Build With the help of the RoRG, I'm able to barely get my full set bonus on the Firebird set. My suspicion is that assigning my skills according to the optimal Firebird build is a bit premature until I have my full gear, or at least real close to it. So my question is simply how can I build my Firebird until I get more optimal gear? I don't think it will help looking at my wizard at the moment because I was in the middle of switching my gear when I last logged off. I was doing a Tal's meteor wiz and could do GR40 in about 6 minutes. Should I stick with that until I get more gear together? or do an intermediary firebird? If the latter, help or pointing me to a guide that goes over it would be much appreciated. I'm a casual player so apologies in advance for noobing it up.Deak21122 6d
6d S8 Conqueror - 5min TXIII Rift solo with Wiz? I'm currently trying to get the stash tab in season, true solo. That means without any kind of group play involved. Task: T13 Normal Rift in under 5 Minutes true solo with my Wizard I'm close to P700 in season right now and have everything ready for Conqueror, including conquests (I did cursed chest with a weird Disintegrate build on the first try with 380+ kills and the GR75 solo, a walk in the park with FB). Now I'm stuck at this dumb time trial thing. I once had a dream rift with a crowded graveyard map and six pylons, two of them (shield and conduit) right at the entrance and I did it in under 4 minutes... hell yeah, but on T12 -.-" I tried the T13 rift a lot of times and failed - honestly, it's always the time related stuff I fail at and the very reason why I failed to get the tab twice. I don't want it to happen a third time, not if I'm that close and still have time. I don't care if I have to fish for a good map or need to farm for certain items (don't mind the profile, I have a lot of decent stuff stashed, like a 3k ancient InGeom) or if I simply need more paragon ranks... I will do that. But fishing for the godly rift is kinda annoying, so if I get one, I want a build that is reliable and gets the job done no matter what - it must be able to do it solo, that's the only condition. So I guess it's time to ask the guys with more insight. Any ideas?Lexa7 6d
6d Death Diggers and Spectral Blade Is Spectral blade with the siphoning blade run effected by the effect from the legendary, Death Diggers, at all? I have that legendary in my Kanai's Cube, but i'm not sure if combining it with my wizard is viable or not.degrootpeeps3 6d
6d Getting into the meta Hey guys, Every season I seem to have the same problem. I never break into the group meta. I usually play Barb and this season I leveled a wizard and have been doing some pushing using a FB build. I'd like to start doing some GRs but I don't know how to get "into" the meta. I am not sure what variations I should make to the build for grouping or whether I am ready to start, and I don't know how to find groups. I joined a seasonal GR community, but they are regularly looking for peeps to do 90s and I dunno I am ready for that. I just started playing the season a couple weeks ago so I am probably behind compared to others. I would appreciate any help or advice on the build or breaking into some groups, or if my gear is still too far off let me know that too. I haven't played a wiz since vanilla so any advice on build etc is welcome as well. Thanks! My wiz: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gulelin-1980/hero/1626920Gulelin5 6d
Dec 1 Over Archon - help! Hey guys, I started playing season 8 like two weeks ago, and based on the drops I got I "finished" my FB/Archon build seen here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wardein-1631/hero/81858205 Problem is I don't really like it and I don't know what to do. I don't really like explosive blast. I don't like Archon. I don't like Arcane Torrent. I want to use black hole supermassive and drop meteors and blow up groups of enemies. Instead I stand there torrenting and exploding to get my 20 Archon stacks and THEN I get a power window and it's really not fun. But from everything I can find it seems like this is "the best". So I started a monk last night. But I hate to leave my Wiz. Is there a Tal Rasha build that compares to FB/Archon or is anything I do differently with my Wiz going to be a huge downgrade? I'm a pretty uninformed player and would greatly benefit from some more expert advice.Wardein14 Dec 1
Dec 1 Firebird cant clear GR 80 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shortizz-6452/hero/81053115 Any advice on where i can improve further? Struggling at 80+ GR.Shortizz8 Dec 1
Nov 30 DMO - Arcane Orbit Was it nerfed? i tried doing DMO - Arcane orbit on GR 70 i can finish it but im having a hard time. if you can critique my gear and add suggestions i would be happy to listen.. thanks BTW i also have firebirds but every ones using it so i just want to be different XD.ilov2violate1 Nov 30
Nov 29 Make Wizards Fun and Versatile I have been using Wizards all the way since D3 launch, ROS expansion, and every single seasons. Its a positive sign that developers are slowly listening in to players' feedback that i noticed over the past few seasons. So i hope my input today will be highlighted and hopefully see changes that will make our Wizard group of players happy and having fun with the class. 1) Make every active skill able to select element of choice - I think this will also benefit the flexibility of skill/builds for all other classes. I have no idea why developers didn't think of this since the beginning, but its never too late to improve. 2) Fix VYR set - VYR set has already been re-designed, added set pieces to make it supposedly the best set to use when it comes to playing Archon build. But we all know what's going on now, that is nobody uses VYR now except for fun runs when things get boring. And please, for goodness sake, Firebird-Archon is fine, but the logic should be VYR is BEST for Archon builds (p.s. stop making Firebirds difficult to use!). 3) Firebirds set - The mechanics have been confusing from the start, and you guys just keep twisting it around for many seasons and unable to feel satisfied. Look, this is supposed to be BEST set for Channeling builds, and with the latest twist that needs 3 different skills, I rather use Tals. This is dumb, please just get it right, cuz it ain't Archon's fault for being too strong for this set but rather VYR set is BROKEN! 4) DMO set - It was a fun and refreshing set to use for resource-costing spell casts for a short while until Tals and Firebirds took over. Look, it ain't their fault, its just that you guys plant this seed and failed to water and tune it every season, so its simple become a wittered plant. 5) LON set - This is supposed to be the most GG set for all classes, having considering the toughness to get all 13-pieces of ancient gears of different types. Why wizards use this? Cuz its simply too under-powered for the effort put in! Its ridiculous that channel skills take way longer time to kill mobs with Firebirds gear. **Gentle reminder: it ain't Firebirds fault, just need to power up LON!! 6) Gear combos just to make a build - The finest example is Archon build. Just look at the amount of efforts require to use it decently, not just about achieving high GR clears. You need: a) VYR or Firebirds full set, b) Compass rose+amulet for power boost, c) Chants set for that big damage wave of force, d) zodiac ring for faster CDR, e) swami helm to keep you alive when Archon dies off, f) orb of depth for extra defence+offence%... just too much gears required!! 7) Passive skills - a) Blur is sort of 'compulsory' for much needed defence, but why only 17%?? Is that some developer's lucky number? Listen, its not sufficient! b) Elemental Exposure, 4 elements hogging 4 out of 6 skill slots to max it out at only 20% damage and its only additive and not multiplicative, cant even feel the increase of DPS! I'll stop from here, the above are probably a load of stuffs developers should look into it to make Wizard a better class to play with. Hope fellow Wizard users will contribute as well. Cheers and peace out!Chamelenia0 Nov 29
Nov 29 Blighter Does anyone else just leave the game when they see Blighter as the GR boss lvl 80+? No matter what I do, how often I move He one shots me. I can hardly stand still long enough to throw an energy twister. How in gods name do you beat this bastard?DaMinks10 Nov 29
Nov 29 Manald Heal Affix Adjusted on PTR Enemies stunned with Paralysis also take 13,000-14,000% weapon damage as Lightning , up from 3000-3500%. Quadrupled the affix damage. I'm still not sure it's usable. On the bright side, it's better than Rimeheart, now.Venaliter17 Nov 29
Nov 29 Question about Augmenting I know that to get my gear augmented I need these gems Level 30 for weapon Level 40 for Rings Level 50 for Armor But, I see some people that have level 85 in some gear I guess me question is, Do the Gems stack? Say someone ads a 50 to their chest armor Can they later add another 30 or 35 to get that 85 or Does the new gem eliminate the old one so to get an 85 You have to level a whole new Gem to 85 sorry if this seems like a stupid question, just curiousLuciffer2 Nov 29
Nov 28 How to GR with Firebirds Hey guys ! I created a wizard Firebird/Chantando and i really love it. Even with barely 6p FB and 2p weapon i can TXIII/GR without much problems. However i find myself wasting TONS of time trying to regroup multiple packs of elite.. Sometime they follow... Sometime they don't. Is there a technique ? Oh also i am barely at 55% cdr (my wiz was naked 12 hours ago) but i find myself waiting a really long time for my archonte... I use the time betweed archonte to stack 20 chantando and Flame blades but i still have to wait a long time. For exemple i missed a group of gob because i used archonte on an elite group right next to them. An add flee and aggro the pack right when my archonte ends... Hope you can help ty !Kaäl2 Nov 28
Nov 28 Enchanting Favor, all RNG, correct? I mean, there's no particular place to farm or anything like that to increase my chances of finding this thing, right? I've been pretty lucky on my Seasonal Wizard... I have a Woh, Ancient Sun Keeper, I just got a Furnace last night (not ancient, but still) but I can't seem to get my hands on any of the follower relics. Not that I have very many Paragon levels to my name yet, but after having so much early success, it's really frustrating that I can't seem to get my hands on one of these things regardless of which follower. Obviously I would prefer the templar, but I'd be happy to see any of them at this point. Just verifying that I have no other options but to keep grinding along, waiting for it to drop...Cryme17 Nov 28
Nov 28 Halo of Arlyse: Myth or Reality? In the past week i've been playing only to get this ring, its the only thing i need and it NEVER drops, NEVER, i have every single ring droppable by a wizard in the game and not HoA, i've spent more than 20,000 Blood shards gambling for it, over 250 Death blows upgrading rares and nothing, is this ring even on the game anymore or it got removed? I simply can't believe, i simply been farming solo GR 53 non-stop for blood shards and the chance to drop it but NO, it never drops, seriously is this some kind of ultra legendary rare blizzard mythical ring or something? i just can't believe it.Handlock10 Nov 28
Nov 28 Wizard, item efficiency... Must change item efficiency. My idea. Primordial Soul Elemental Exposure's damage bonus per stack is increased to 10%. -> Elemental Exposure's damage bonus per stack is increased to 15%(damage X 60). + Performing an attack has chance to hurl a Cold Blooded / Conflagration / Paralysis / Temporal Flux.(Cold Blooded / Conflagration / Paralysis / Temporal Flux) Halo of Karini You take 45-60% less damage for 3 seconds after your Storm Armor electrocutes an enemy more than 30 yards away. -> You take 45-60% less damage for 4 seconds after your Storm Armor electrocutes an enemy more than 30 yards away. + attack speed 45-60% increase Myken's Ball of Hate Electrocute can chain to enemies that have already been hit. -> Electrocute can chain to enemies that have already been hit. + Electrocute 150-200% increased damage Winter Flurry Enemies killed by Cold damage have a 15-20% chance to release a Frost Nova. -> 60% less damage for 4 seconds. 60% increased cold damage for 4 seconds. rotates : less damage, cold damage.(Convention of Elements) Deathwish While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, all damage is increased by 30-35%. -> While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, all damage is increased by 75-100%. Starfire Lightning damage is increased by 10-15% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards. -> Lightning damage is increased by 10-15% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards. + Primary : Lightning skills deal 15-20% more damage.레환사0 Nov 28
Nov 27 Regarding current 4p team comps and FB wizard This is just a bit of a rant. Am I the only one that thinks that out of all possible 4p combinations for a dps wiz to run with, any party involving an FB doc is by and far the worst idea? To me it seems like FB doc and FB wiz just synergize terribly. Just from my personal experiences running the party. Here's my rant section: - FB wiz doesn't have issues killing large mobs as is. - The FB doc literally leeches away stacks while the wiz is out of archon because they kill large mobs so fast. - So when you go back into archon there's just one freaking elite (or 3 blues, whichever) - But unlike gen monk you don't actually have much single target dps, you depend on arch stacks to do more damage to large HP mobs. - The party has to gear for glob pickup to feed globs to the FB doc, which takes away a very valuable damage increase for you in the form of barb's Bash Onslaught. 10% chc is HUGE. - Since there's no IAS booster in the party, your archon timings are stupid tight with BoP on, and any little teleport or mistake at the boss spirals outwards into close to a minute or more just down the drain at a boss fight because you might have to reorient your archon timings. - The doc's WoD doesn't provide enough mitigation to be worth a crap for you. - So stuff takes ages to die and then the boss takes a ridiculous amount of time because neither of you is really just a single target monster, especially not with the party building around having gmonk to take care of that part and you've lost 10% chc for globe gen. To me this just doesn't make any sense. IMO, if you're going to run 2 dps and a wiz, why not run with a gen monk? Wizard kills mobs quite well and the gen monk won't necessarily leech that many stacks while you're out of archon. Plus since the party no longer has to generate globes for the doc, the barb can run bash onslaught, so the boss will go down very quickly. I'm not sure why there are so many of these wiz/doc comps out there. I did manage to do 97 with my FB wiz in one said party in seasons, but it seemed like an uphill struggle and a matter of luck (we got power pylon right at the end).StoleOwnCar1 Nov 27
Nov 27 Firebird Archon I have full Firebird and Chantodos and absolutely destroy everything while in Archon form, but while not in Archon form...the mobs probably heal more than the damage I put out. Is this normal and I have to use Archon form in a more thoughtful manner or am I doing something wrong?IronSolari7 Nov 27
Nov 27 Ahavarion spear question Good day, fellow wizards. I play as a seasonal crusader and once in a while I get to play with support wizards on pugs, who like to cube Ahavarion. Anyone know what the procc coefficient on this spear is and whether it can be triggered if the enchantress wears it? As a LoN bomber it is quite possible to wear ancient gloves of worship and a 10 min empowered shrine buff is OP as f**k for crusaders.Romano0 Nov 27
Nov 26 CoE Not to sound like a broken record but... Is there a best place to farm CoE = Convection of Elements ring? I have one on my non-seasonal char but, I have yet to see one in season. I play Kadala alot, 95% of the time on rings and amulets looking for better. I've wasted 10's of thousands of blood shards. And a ton of death breaths trying to upgrade rares I collect. I just seem to keep getting the same 5 or 6 rings. I've probably collected 20 focus rings, maybe more. And just as many puzzle rings which is fun but... Any suggestions would be great.Luciffer7 Nov 26
Nov 26 Control impairing effects - mechanics. Anyone got data on this? How different rolls stack and how it applies? For example if you have a 40% roll does that mean you spend 40% less time CC? Im debating augmenting a new tals helm with it as a secondary for my tals channeling build. Getting tired of the huge number of monster CC effectsGbrav139 Nov 26
Nov 25 Tal Rasha's Spark Orb (An Archon-Less Build) I've been playing this build on the PTR and have been clearing GR65 - GR70 with non-optimized gear, it's a lightning based build, although it doesn't make use of the new manald ring, which although recently buffed is still too random (15% chance) to be of much use. The build uses tal rashas huge damage bonus at 4 stacks, coupled with some damage boosting skills to dish out lots of damage with a nearly endless AP supply. The build is actually better in group play, because you will be able to stay at maximum range to deal maximum damage. Skills 1 - Arcane Orb (Spark Rune) 2 - Energy Twister (Gale Force Rune) 3 - Storm Armor (Shocking Aspect Rune) 4 - Magic Weapon (Deflection Rune) LC - Magic Missile (Glacial Spike Rune) RC - Wormhole (Spell Steal) Passives 1 - Galvanizing Ward 2 - Astral Presence 3 - Unwavering Will (Solo) Power Hungry (Group) 4 - Elemental Exposure Cube 1 - Star Fire 2 - Ranslors Folly 3 - Halo Of Karini Gems: 1 - Esoteric Alteration 2 - Zei's Stone of Vengence 3 - Bane of the Trapped Gear Head: Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom Neck: Tal Rasha's Allegiance Ring 1: Convection of Elements Ring 2: Ring of Royal Grandeur Feet: Nilfur's Boast Weapon: Unstable Scepter Off Hand: Triumvirate Shoulders: (Whichever) Bracers: Ashnaganrr's Blood Bracers Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride Belt: The Shame of Delsere Hands: Tal Rasha's Grasp Follower: Templar Neck: ESS of Johan Ring 1: Occulus Ring Token: Enchanting Favor Follower Skills Intervene Loyalty Charge Inspire Playstyle: A note at the front that range is your friend in this build. If enemies are getting too close, you are dealing less damage out and taking more damage in. Proper use of skills is key and as I said at the beginning, playing in a group makes this considerably easier. This build works by using the huge damage bonus from tals and coupling it with Wormhole Spell Steal rune to boost your damage for each enemy pulled in by Wormhole plus the bonus damage from your triumvirate and the arcane orb spark rune, which gives up to a 30% boost to your next lightning skill. Energy Twister is your initiator, used in conjunction with ranslors folly to pull large groups of enemies together, making them prime targets for wormhole, spark and your falling meteors. Glacial spike rounds out your damage tree and is used with The Shame of Delsere to rapidly replenish your AP and freeze targets at range. Your damage goes up rapidly with range, as both starfire and zei's stone function best at >40 yards Your buffs are magic weapon with and storm armor. While on the whole Halo of Arlyse + Ancient Parthan Defends is a better mitigator of damage at melee range, Halo of Karini is better at range, offering a full 60% reduction rather than just a 60% melee reduction as Arlyse does. Your energy twiser and can be cast in a way to pull enemies out and away from you, exposing them to greater damage and ensuring your storm armor is hitting at >30 yards. Alterations You can go more damage heavy with force weapon instead of deflection. You can add movement speed and escape with scramble instead of shocking aspect and you can switch out Ashnaganrr's Blood Bracers with Ancient Parthan Defenders with paralysis instead of galvanizing ward and possibly the new manald ring (assuming you are running paralysis) for CoE since Spark is your main damage dealer. Just note that if you are using the Ancient Parthan Defenders, you will need to be within 25 yards, which negates your Karini and Reduces your outgoing damage. You may at that point decide to use Arlyse instead of Karini, but beware ranged attacks as they are not reduced by Arlyse. Notes: 1) Your wormhole will have an ~11 second cooldown (assuming max paragon CDR and no other CDR on gear). Make it count, you should only be targeting large groups of enemies (>10 enemies) 2) Use twister to pull enemies away from you so they are at maximum range, allowing you to dish out as much damage as possible. Where you click to fire twister is where the pull will occur, so target away from you to pull enemies away. 3) Use glacial spike to not only restore AP, but also to freeze select enemies. Elites, Rares, Bosses and Guardians are not effected by the pull of ranslors folly, so target them with spike and then bombard them from range. Questions / Comments are welcome!jackpot5481 Nov 25