Wizard

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the wizard forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III wizard class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
May 16, 2012 Vetting a Hero: the Wizard It can be difficult to choose which hero you want to take into battle against the legions of the Burning Hells. To help inform your decision we’ve compiled all of the gameplay and story information you need broken down by class. Barbarian Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor The Wizard Wizards are renegade spellcasters who use their bodies as vessels for arcane energy, forsaking the more careful path favored by other magic users. They manipulate all manner of forces to disintegrate, burn, and freeze their foes, and they can control time and light to teleport, create powerful illusions, and deflect oncoming attacks. Wizards grip wands and staves to focus their less potent magics, blasting at their enemies while gathering the energy or time necessary to destroy them in a dazzling hail of arcane might. With few exceptions, wizard attacks are conducted at a distance, away from danger. As living artillery, wizards are well suited to relying on long-range destructive power. Videos Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise - Wizard story and gameplay pre-launch preview Skill Rune Preview - An example of how skill runes augment an ability like Ray of Frost Wizard Reveal Trailer - The wizard class is revealed at BlizzCon 2008 Diablo III Gameplay Preview - Worldwide Invitational 2008 Diablo III first-ever gameplay trailer featuring the barbarian and witch doctor Gameplay Active Skills Passive Skills Skill Progression Skill Calculator Items Images Artwork Screenshots Character Background ... ...Zarhym0 May 16, 2012
Aug 23 RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) I created this set of tools for my own use and decided that they could be of benefit to others. The tools are designed to remove a lot of the guess work from gearing choices and give you a as accurate an estimate of your wizard's potential in various aspects as possible. What it includes: -Tool to help with calculating the eDPS of various spell combinations -Tool to calculate the APoC and LoH returns of spells and their "spam-ability" -Tool for calculating Mitigation and Sustain -Tool that calculates changes in DPS, Mit & eHP with stat changes. -Tool for calculating Cooldown Reduction and Cost Reduction -Tool for calculating the Firebird 6-piece DoT damage and infinite DoT threshold -Tool for calculating damage within a Tal Rasha 6-piece skill rotation. -Tables for all breakpoints (Yes, they still very much exist in RoS). -Reference page of stats for skills with some notes on behavior (Requires Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet software) Download location: http://www.olynick.net/d3/tools VOD of the Wizard Tools Workshop on April19, 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/vizjereiclan/c/6569262 Let me know what you think. -dolynickdolynick241 Aug 23
33m MH + Rimeheart on PTR I've been trying to tinker this two items but proc'ing Rimeheart(Kanai Cube) is actually more difficult than I thought. Even with frost burn, the trash mobs don't freeze as quite often. So I tested with frost nova + Ice blades to increase the chance of being frozen (Fragments of Destiny & The Shame of Delsere). I see no noticeable procs at all. But the funny thing is that if I just drop one(not two) lightning hydra, it procs MH very nicely. Is Kanai Cube not working properly or what is going on? anybody going sleet storm + rime heart build notice this?jinyonglee2 33m
49m Manald Heal nerfed 25% new PTR patch notes Manald Heal nerfed 25%. PTR patch notes up http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20529333/patch-250-ptr-notes-2-22-2017 Manald Heal - The number of procs generated by channeled skills while using this item has been reduced by 25% The only other changes seem to be Illusory boots fixed for Furious Charge, Whirlwind, Strafe and Tempest Rush. And Juggernaut with Slow Time and Deslere.GAK14 49m
6h Different Archon beams Hey everyone! I'm a relatively new D3 player (though I played D2 for thousands of hours), and I'm having a major issue with my Tal/Vyr Lightning Wizard character. I hope you can see my character without me posting a link or anything, because I have no idea how to do that (strangely absent from the stickied post). I have a pretty standard rotation of spells that works 90% of the time for me: Cast Black Hole (Absolute Zero) on a pack of enemies Cast Arcane Torrent (Static Discharge) at the immobilized pack Cast Teleport (Calamity) to a nearby location Cast Archon (Combustion) to go super saiyan This fulfills the four element maximum for the Tal Rasha set, and - with Lightning Damage on my Nemsis Bracers - allows me to melt everything with the Destruction Wave of Lightning Doom (thanks to Manald Heal). However, occasionally I will enter Archon form after performing this rotation, and my Destruction Wave will not be Lightning Damage. This completely nerfs my damage and nothing even comes close to dying (GR ~80). Below is an address to an image that shows the two beams (I can't figure out this forum's hyperlink code thing). The left image is my uber lightning beam of doom. The right image is the crappy beam of failure. I can't for the life of me figure out how, or why it changes. It seems to happen randomly, and has caused me to fail to complete many Greater Rifts. I double-checked my gear and nothing is adding other forms of damage so I'm super confused. Can anyone explain why this would happen? Thank you in advance for your help. http://imgur.com/a/jZR3jTheprofessor3 6h
8h legendary powers that could be changed When it comes to legendary powers i feel that wizards don't really have many options unlike other classes that's probably why we don't have good LON builds, anyway i thought to make a thread and see what everyone thinks and what items you would like to be changed. Here are some for me Archmage's Vicalyke: Your Mirror image gains the effect of all runes (it would be a decent spell with all runes actually). The Magistrate: Your Hydra now periodically casts wave of force. Nilfur's Boast: Your Meteor gains the effect of meteor shower rune(this one might be abit op so it probably will need some balance). what do you guys think about those and is there any others you would like to get changed ?abdo8 8h
8h Anyone still around? I've came back to Diablo...used to be very active Wizard. Jaetch, Tealdawn, or Jellzroc around anymore? :(Fear17 8h
9h Numlock trick isn't working?? So I just got an ancient Wand of Woh and I wanna play around with a fun explosive blast firebirds build, which is just fine, but the numlock trick isn't working. I bound my explosive blast's secondary key binding to numpad 9, I press 9 on the numpad, hit numlock, then release, but it won't recast after the cooltime is up. It worked about two seasons ago when I played Wizard just fine, but for some reason it isn't working right now. Is it because I have too much cooldown reduction or something? The cooldown is done before the skill is over, so that's the only thing I can think of, but I'm not sure. I've tried it with every number on my numpad so it isn't a button issue. Any ideas?AnnieHastur4 9h
11h Weapon choice for Manald heal build Sorry if already solved but I am trying to get to the best weapon choice for my build. I am using pigsticker, but I saw people using fulminator, or even thunderfury, I guess looking for electric damage to proc paralisys. Can you guys please support me with theory of the best choice for my build as best weapon?fmorishita11 11h
14h Sharing "Blizz' Sale" LoN Rime/Manald variant edit: now an arcane build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CptKrnch-2154/hero/85132586 Does T13 Kanai: Rimeheart* Shi Mizu's Haori Manald Heal* Skills: L. Arcane Torrent - Static Discharge* R. Diamond Skin - Enduring Skin 1. Magic Weapon - Force Weapon 2. Blizzard - Frozen Solid* 3. Familiar - Sparkflint 4. Magic Armor - (which ever preferred) Paralysis* Unstable Anomaly Evocation Audacity Items: Legacy of Nightmares rings* Deathwish* Etched Sigil* Hershbrag's Bindings* Mantle of Channeling* Dark Mage's Shade* w/ Topaz Aquila Cuirass Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer Gems: (recommended, not necessary) Taeguk* Bane of The Stricken Gogok of Swiftness Instruction: Spam Static Discharge, let the Etched Sigil cast Blizzard, if you cast it manually you lose Aquila Cuirass - freeze and paralyze til everything dies Hold off using Diamond Skin or healing until Dark Mage's Shade proc's, Shi Mizu's Haori is proc'd, pop Diamond Skin again before it wears off, then heal - wash, rinse, repeat Difference from original Rimeheart Blizzard build: Swapped RoF - Sleet Storm for AT - Static Discharge, swapped BH - Absolute Zero with Familiar - Sparkflint, and kanai'd Obsidian Zodiac with Manald Heal Another Variant - "Elemental Armeggedon" Meteor Apocalypse instead of Sparkflint or Black Hole Blizzard - Lightning Storm instead of Frozen Solid Ray of Frost - Sleet Storm instead of Arcane Torrent Bon appetite...CptKrnch8 14h
15h Help with new Woh build Hello Fellow Wizards. I finally got my WoW to roll ancient so I decided to put together a build I had been thinking about for a few days. It's a hybrid build. It tanks/it provides utility/and does decent AOE damage. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/massiveattak-1795/hero/2950895 None of this gear is great atm. It's got a lot of synergy though even with crap gear. My main goal here is to proc Manald Heal as often as possible whilst controlling the flow of battle. Any suggestions to improve this goal will be appreciated :). For Bracers I think Ancient Parthan Defenders would help me a lot between Halo and manald stun procs - I just don't have a good drop for it yet. For Amulet I think ess of johan or Eye of Etlich are good options too - also just need to find good ones. I really wish I could sneak Diamond skin into this build - I could literally spam it with the amount of arcane power I generate. What do you guys think?massiveattak1 15h
15h Archon Questions Couple quick questions; 1. Why is Pig Sticker preferred over starfire? For example in using my starfire with the CDR on there it allows me to open up the space for another weapon in the cube. 2. What is the reasoning behind using combustion on the archon? If the goal is to upkeep archon as much as humanly possible, wouldn't it be more beneficial to use the rune to lower the cooldown time 20 seconds? As well in turning all archon power to lightning which the build is all based around? Thanks allDOBBIN2 15h
16h best roll for this gloves? Hi Guys, best roll for this gloves? i got now this stats with my old gloves: - 2.10 IAS - 3.75 IAS with 100 achorn Stacks (need 4.0 ias for more procc?) - 59% CDR - 55% CC - 360% CD old globes here: - 900 int - 890 vita - 49% CD (rolled) - 10% CC new gloves here: - Int 997 - 31% CD - 8.5% CC - 7% CDR i can roll INT for 7% IAS (to get 4.0 IAS) or i can roll CD up to 50%... :)mäse0 16h
16h Wizard Manald Archon Question Finally got me an ancient Tal Rasha's Allegiance amulet. Stats are 954 int, 6 AS, 96 CHD with a socket. I know AS is good for this build. Should I change the 954 int to CHC or the AS to CHC? I just didn't know if losing the 965 int for CHC is better or worse than 6 AS for CHC. And is does anyone know of a tool that is useful to seeing these types of differences? Thanks in advance!Glarnak2 16h
17h No set conquest Got my full set of stashtabs last season I'm bored so wanted to do this one just for giggles. Anyone with a build that I could give it a go with? Only requirement I have is that it does not have Archon on the skillbar as it would make it to easy. Actually I would like to try it without MH even. I'll try and slap some 'build' down myself, but I gladly use someone else's as developping stuff is not exactly my forte :DSardaukar9 17h
17h Balance our buff spells Wizards have 3 Armor spells, magic weapon and familliar as buff spells and most of them are pretty useless so i was wondering since we have a patch on the way if it's possible to take a second look at those spells. Storm Armor could use some defensive aspect added to it after all it is called an armor spell so how about ranged damage reduction baseline ?. Also all runes of ice and storm armors are very weak maybe 1 out of the 10 runes is usable. Magic weapon and familiar could have some fun aspects added to them, Magic weapon: Increase weapon damage by 20%. Fire Rune: Ignite targets for 300% weapon damage over 5 seconds. Cold Rune: chance to duplicate your cold spells for 50% damage. Arcane Rune: every 500 arcane power spent will spawn an arcane hydra nearby(this hydra doesn't count to your maximum number of active hydras) Lightning Rune: your lightning spells will also cast chain lightning General Rune: every attack performed will grant you a shield equal to 5% of your max health. Familiar: Mimics your attacks for 25% damage. In addition restores 2% max health and resources per second while active. Fire Rune: +20% fire damage and you fire spells explosion radius is increased by 2 yards. Cold Rune: +20% cold damage and your cold spells now freeze enemies this can occur once every 6 seconds. Arcane Rune: +20% Arcane damage and your arcane spells now reduce the attack speed of enemies by 10%. Lightning Rune: +20% lightning damage and your lightning spells now stuns enemies this effect can occur once every 6 seconds. General Rune: Spells cast by familiar deal 30% damage and now restores 4% max health and resources per second. What do you guys think about our buff spells ?abdo4 17h
18h CoE Manald Gambler's Spec: Solo/2P I know everyone's caught up by the Hydra changes, so I'm going to post this before the season's out so maybe people can both try this and offer their own input. I've been playing around with a Tal/Vyr manald spec that I tweaked a bit. It's a departure from both the generic CoE group spec and the zodiac solo spec. I've been playing with it in solo, and then using it to great effect in 2p runs (and also carrying pubs through 90+). Here's the d3planner (this just uses my character, but the rolls obv aren't perfect): http://www.d3planner.com/206077663 I was about 1:40 from derping my way through a 100 solo the first time I used it. I hadn't been able to duplicate anywhere close to the success I had then with some number of keys, but considering how easily I was keeping ahead of the timer, it's quite possible. It's a fishy build... but you're fishing for similar things to what you'd fish for with the generic zodiac setup anyway. For 2p, I am convinced that this is also by and far our strongest spec. For 2p, you will be running this with a zbarb. I have some videos of both the 100 solo (unfortunately split into two pieces) and various 100 2p attempts (3 of which were within seconds of completion). I can post them depending on interest. This is an extremely demanding build (solo and 2p) because: 1. You spend a lot of time out of archon 2. You still need to keep track of enemy positions and watch out for oneshots and ranged mobs 3. You need to stutter step and cast barrier blades constantly 4. You need to cast freeze on anything that might gib you from range while you're out of archon. 5. You're actually ironically more squishy in archon after the double stacks wear out than you are out of archon. 6. While doing all of the above you need to make sure you keep track of elite positions VERY carefully while keeping gogok up and landing on the same CoE cycle every time. 7. You have approximately 4 seconds to decide where to aim, and then 4 seconds that actually matter. So given the above, why would you want to run this solo? Because given an oculus ring on the ground, you can literally oneshot a yellow. No I'm not kidding. In 4 seconds you will take a yellow at GR100 solo from 100%->0% health. It's that strong. If you're prepared to fish a bit, you can kill things that are far above your dps threshold using this. RGs can die in about a minute when running this solo. The key for heated engagements is dropping yourself off at an area where there are just a few enemies. Then coming back in for the burst. For 2p, on the other hand, this build becomes extremely powerful and easy when paired with a zbarb. One of the things you need to watch out for solo is vortex and root because although you have all of that shielding, it doesn't help if you get oneshot. With a zbarb, this build is still mentally taxing thanks to all of the things you need to manage, but it becomes almost stupid easy to survive. As long as you're casting barrier blades, you can trivially facetank many threats that would kill a normal manald wizard while they're getting back into archon. Let me wrap up with key points: 1. Restart your client computer, etc. I'm not sure if manald misses procs due to lag, but you really only have 4 seconds where your procs actually matter. You don't wanna miss them. 2. At 100+ you need to be killing ~2-3 elites at once. Pray for good affixes and keep track of their positions. 3. Your barrier blades can help you tank both more and less than you think they might. 4. Blizzard will handle most other threats (including ranged mobs) if you use it properly. 5. Sometimes Manald just won't proc during your lightning cycle. You're probably screwed.StoleOwnCar6 18h
20h Etched Sigil in MH Archon Wiz I've been testing out different configurations for MH Archon Wiz. My recent tests involve using Starfire and cubing Etched Sigil. The crowd control while off Archon is leaps and bounds better with and without Ranslor's (free blizzards/twisters and black holes!) and it makes the few seconds waiting for Archon to come back on considerably more fun (and safer). I do, however, have an important question: Do Etched Sigil free-casts trigger the obsidian ring of the zodiac? In my testing it 'feels' like they do but I am not sure given that the procs off of arcane torrent are pretty quick. OROTZ does say that it procs off of a resource spending attack so a free cast might not trigger it.Atreus1 20h
20h GR 97 DOWN... At last...took about 100keys...finished at 13.38..not a really good map but good mob type...it is clear that this build can clear 100+...Leontokardos1 20h
1d Need advice on MH - AT - TAL6 build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChevyChase-11175/hero/84298860 I'm using MoC and Deathwish to make AT more effective. I also need to use Hergbrash's bindings to keep casting cost low enough that AQ stays up. I also have TAL Head, chest, gloves, source & legs. My question is: should I use RoRG and replace the amulet with the Traveller's Set (and MH) or keep the Amulet (which I can't seem to enchant with as socket after dozen's of attempts) and use Halo + CoE with MH in cube. Or I could use RoRG and the amulet and replace another piece of TAL's with something you can recommend. So far I'm really enjoying this build and have done solo GR's in the mid 50s with no issues. Also since I'm using EB - chain to proc fire, is it worth using Orb as the cubed off-hand or would I be better off with Starfire. I find as the GRs get higher I'm spending more time kiting from afar rather than jumping into the fray. Last question I'm using BoT and Tag since I'm channeling. I've seen many with BoP or PE, why should I use those?ChevyChase7 1d
1d Primal amulet/ring/gloves = almost impossible Hello fellow wizards, It's gonna be almost impossible for anyone to get good(i.e. usable) Primal amulet/ring/gloves in 2.5, so please support the thread I made on PTR section. Link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753288322 Thank you. There are few reasons why it would be almost impossible to get good Primal amulet/ring/gloves in 2.5(season 10). 1. How many ancient tal rasha amulet or traveler's pledge or compass rose or manald heal have you found in season 9? 2. Out of all ancient amulet/ring/gloves you've found in s9, how many were usable? e.g. i mainly played wizard in s9, i'm p1430 and i've found total of ~20(~5 each) ancient tal rasha amulet, traveler's pledge, compass rose, manald heal so far. and out of 20 ancients only two were usable and rest were junk. i.e. average person would find ~2 primal tr/travelers ammy or compass/mh by the time they reach ~p1400 in season 10, and the chance of it being usable is extremely low. so 99.9% of players in s10 will never get good Primal amulet/ring/gloves. Problem is that amulet/ring/gloves have too many unnecessary useless stats compared to all other items, and that's most people have decent ancient helm/pant/boots etc but not many have good ancient amulet/rings/gloves. Things will be even worse in s10, most people will probably find some decent Primal chest/belt/bracers etc but hardly anyone's gonna have good Primal ammy/ring/gloves UNLESS Blizzard remove some useless stats on ammy/ring/gloves in 2.5. i.e. no one wants: - amulet with resist or armor or vit or life or or regen or life per hit or resource - ring with armor or vit or life or regen or life per hit or resource - gloves with resist or armor or regen or life per hit or resource I've played zmonk since season 4 and obviously know that ehp(resist, armor, vit, life) or recovery(regen, life per hit) or rcr would be useful for support classes but we don't need these stats on ammy/ring/gloves because it's very easy get enough ehp/recovery through plenty of other gear. But most builds need crit chance and crit damage on amulet/ring/gloves..OV3RL0RD3 1d
1d Wand of Woh questions I rolled a wizard for this season. Currently building toward a lighting tal/vyr cookie cutter build, but ATM I found a relatively decent Wand of Woh. My question on the wand is: just how many EB's fire off if I'm using chain reaction? 6 blasts or 12? It's hard to tell from the audio, but I think it's only six. If it's only 6 blasts, I'm probably better off using a different rune, right? It is quite impressive when in a rift and you hit the cooldown reduction shine... double bass drummer on steroids 8) I also need to roll it to get a socket, what would you give up to get the socket? Area damage?INeedNoPants11 1d
1d make other builds viable beside archon please I just hate archon, it is just too short to play with fun, so at least try to buff some other builds.Tom0 1d
1d why am i so weak ok I cant figure out why I'm so weak I try to run a gr 60 and get one shotted by everything please helpwarmouse3 1d
1d [2.4.3] (S9) Manald Heal Builds + Mechanics Gather 'round fellow wizards, it's a new year, and time for new builds. =) Season 9 brings the Manald Heal ring (pff Manald, right? ...WRONG). Manald Heal can deal tremendous amounts of damage if used properly. GR builds with MH will be clearing in the 90+ range. While I still think Paralysis chance should be adjusted a tad higher, and some item interactions could be better, overall I feel MH is a great improvement for the wizard class, introducing many new builds that are approaching FB archon levels of play. Big thanks to anyone and everyone who assisted and researched manald mechanics or gave advice for making these builds better. Including but not limited to: Vox - Malakai - GBrav13 - TinneOnnMuin - Christos - StoleOwnCar - MasterJay - aloc - Angry - Davlok - Adria - Wudijo Loves! Without further - lets dive in. Here is the playlist for my build videos if you'd prefer that method. Note there are some videos below that are not mine though. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy ----- Mechanics. General list of Manald Heal (MH), Paralysis, and other related mechanics, mostly taken from the Manaldo thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752207091 Edit (1/31/2017): Important testing just in: These do not increase MH proc damage: Elemental % damage on gear Skill % damage bonuses Furnace Elite damage Powerful (BoP gem) Elite Damage These do increase MH proc damage or Crit chance: Powerful (BoP gem) Multiplier Sunkeeper Elite Damage Unity Elite damage Strongarm Bracers Audacity Power Hungry Bane of the Trapped Zei's Stone of Vengeance Starfire Orb of Infinite Depth Slow Time: Time Warp Black Hole: Spellsteal Taeguk, Magic Weapon, Sparkflint, Unwavering Will Stone of Jordan Elite Damage Bane of the Stricken Deathwish Pig Sticker - Beast Damage Pig Sticker - Human Damage Elemental Exposure Bone Chill Cold Blooded Glass Cannon Pinpoint Barrier (+5% CHC buff) Conflagration (+6% CHC debuff) Deep Freeze (+10% CHC buff) Iceblink (+10% CHC debuff) Broken Promises Gem of Efficacious Toxin Convention of Elements Lightning phase Oculus ring spawns Bastions of will set Endless walk set For more info on the tests I did to find the above, see these links: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=8#post-160 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=11#post-203 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=11#post-220 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=14#post-264 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=15#post-284 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752649109?page=15#post-285 All my d3planner links now updated, in general, try for AS or INT on amulet. Bracers updated to not have Lighting %, the exeption being Archon builds. These will still need to have Lightning % on bracer to tell the Vyr2 bonus to assume that type of damage when in archon. Continuing with MH mechanics: Paralysis applies on cast. MH damage appears to be applied on hit (based on testing, deals damage in line with spell damage ticks). Paralysis is a static 15% chance to stun. Chance is NOT multiplied by skill proc coefficients. MH can deal damage multiple times per Paralysis proc, assuming the player is channeling or continually attacking the target. If Paralysis rolls "true" on cast: multiple spell ticks per attack cycle can be sent that will apply paralysis to any enemy hit. Spells of speed coefficient = 1 can only proc MH from the first cast that procs paralysis. If that cast has the ability to tick or deal damage multiple times, MH can proc up to that many ticks from that cast. So, for example, with Spectral blade, MH will only proc on the first cast upon paralysis, but MH can proc up to 3 times from that one cast. For spells of speed coefficient > 1: Per target, if an enemy is affected by paralysis, they can take damage from MH within 1.5s of time. Any spell damage tick that hits them can potentially proc MH, assuming that spell is allowed to proc MH (more on this below). MH can only proc on targets that have had paralysis applied to them. Damage from MH is applied instantly, from the same cast / tap of a spell that procs paralysis. You don't really need to hit twice to proc MH (though it can proc MH more times on targets already affected by paralysis for speed co > 1 spells). MH can proc on different targets at near the same time. See: http://imgur.com/v6mDX6N Paralysis passive or a hellfire amulet with Paralysis is required for MH to work. Any skill that can proc Paralysis can proc MH (Note: does not include MW:Electrify). This means you must use lightning skills to deal MH damage, and the skills have to be cast by you. Additional damage from non-lightning sources does NOT proc MH any faster. MH damage is applied even when Paralysis stun effect is ignored due to CC resistance ramp (Credit Vox and Adria). CHC on gear and paragon will increase MH proc crit chance. Crit chance is not included in damage formula (Manald Heal can critically hit). CHD on gear and paragon will increase MH proc crit damage. CHD from Emerald in weapon will increase MH proc crit damage. MH likely has no ICD in place. MH does NOT proc area damage. Skill damage on gear does not increase MH proc damage. MH does NOT proc from Etched sigil casts. AT:SD can proc Manald in sets of two at the same time, on the same target. See: http://imgur.com/cY1Txhx Electrocute chains can proc Manald in multiples of two at the same time, on the same target. See: http://imgur.com/tHDwcSB Shame of Delsere AS bonus does affect (increase) the rate at which MH can proc. Items that deal lightning damage do NOT proc MH. (Fulminator, Shard of Hate, Thunderfury, etc.) Wreath of Lightning does NOT proc MH (but can still proc Pain Enhancer). Wyrdward % chance to stun is multiplied by spell proc coefficients. Wyrdward % chance to stun does not apply towards increasing Paralysis chance, and does NOT assist in proccing MH. Same thing with Zei's stun: multplied by proc coefficients. Does NOT help proc Paralysis. Does NOT assist in proccing MH damage. Delsere 6 piece bonus will NOT increase the damage of MH. Dovu Energy Trap does NOT increase the duration that MH can proc. (Credit Adria) Mirror image spell casts cannot proc MH. Still to confirm: Using multiple paralysis capable skills, how do they interact with MH procs? For 2.5: Hydras & ranged and pet buffs (gems / skills) ----- The fact that MH can't proc Area damage means it may not scale into the highest of group GR. When you combine this with archon builds having a hard time getting stacks at the higher GRs, the wizard class might not make it into the group meta as a DPS role. This isn't to say it does terrible damage, I'm just saying the scaling of the damage is limited by these mechanics. ----- Attack Speed & Most known suitable skill choices. Since Paralysis is decoupled from proc coefficients, this makes skills with speed coefficients > 1 more appealing. This means, AT:SD, Electrocute, and Disintegration Wave (Archon) all are prime picks. It also makes stacking AS to meet higher breakpoints incredibly appealing for both: Proccing Paralysis more often. Proccing MH damage more times within each Paralysis window. MH can proc very rapidly at high attack speeds. In slow-mo vid testing, the lowest time noted between MH procs on the same target was .066 seconds (less than a tenth). This was from a Tal/Vyr archon test at the 15 ticks/s Breakpoint. This is why all the builds listed below utilize attack speed. You'll want to hit max AS rolls on all gear required + Paragon. Breakpoint tables and charts for speed co = 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 can be found here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/8770117237#post-11 Above post is by APO. Breakpoint table for Shame + Fragment (or just Shame) can be found here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20042886074?page=5#post-84 Above post is by Dolynick. You can also use the wizard tools that are stickied on the forums: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/10971757476 Post by Dolynick. I use my own custom spreadsheet that I've built up over time. Just easier for me at this point. =) As an aside, I think that it would be great if we had a disintegrate lightning rune of some sort, as suggested by RoneNeffect here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752207091?page=2#post-28 This would allow disintegrate builds to exist with MH that aren't archon based. ----- Torment & Bounty Builds. Your bread and butter, these are hopefully entertaining enough to keep you interested, while still making farming an easy task. If you're like me, and don't like archon as much for Torment farming and bounties, these might pique your interest. [2.4.3 PTR] (TXIII) Tal Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW http://www.d3planner.com/197686568 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85734 https://youtu.be/dRhrQq3hNOg?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Get close in to dense packs and proc Pain Enhancer with Frozen Storm and Chain Lightning. This will bump you up a breakpoint or two and get you quicker paralysis and MH procs. PE bleed helps take out low HP mobs as well. Big multpliers from Tal6, Bastions of Will (F&R), Trapped, and Audacity. Power Hungry included as well for the off chance you get a proc at range. All the crowd favorites for easy farming: Aether Walker for mobility, Nemesis Bracers for extra elite pack spawns with pylons, Goldwrap Hoarder for easy defense, and Corruption shoulders for increased pickup radius. Keep FN:Mists and EB:Chain Reaction on autocast, and coast through the rift, casting Teleport and Chain Lightning. Shame of Delsere is Mandatory for AS bump and AP gains. Myken's is also required for the chain to same enemy effect. Boot slot is fairly open. Nilfur's is a go-to, but you could opt for Ice Climbers if you prefer. Keep homing pads on swap and make sure to bring out your cosmetic pet for additional gold pickup. Alternate Jewelry is Endless Walk + RoRG. Typical solo clears for this build will be in the 2.5m to 4m range. [2.4.3 PTR] Tal Electrocute Manald Heal Bounty Build http://www.d3planner.com/780054573 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85746 https://youtu.be/KF2axNupOMI?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy For TX to TXIII bounty farming. Well balanced - can handle single target boss fights, or crowd clearing bounties equally. The basic idea is to leverage multpliers and elemental damage bonuses to clear 4p games well. To handle bosses, engage them at range. To handle normal mobs / group clearing, engage close up. Similar to the build above, we use Frozen Storm + PE to get more MH procs when engaging groups of enemies. Multipliers: Tal6, Endless Walk, Trapped, Audacity, Zei's, Power Hungry Elemental Bonus: Starfire Mykens for chain to same. Defense is provided by Ashnagarr's Blood Bracers + MW:Deflection + Galvanizing Ward. Use Calamity to stun enemies as needed. Aether Walker for mobility. RoRG to meet 6 set bonus. When at range, Trapped is procced by Paralysis. Test run as seen is performed on T13 solo, since it's on the PTR (not many people on doing publics). Picked a few randoms out of each act. Handles T13 solo easily, even at my power (12.5k INT). Should be easily capable of 4p TX in early season. After you augment, and get better gear, expect to be able to clear up to T13 4p fairly handily. I killed Malthael at the end just for funsies. Found a menagerist goblin during the run with the Friendly Gauntlet drop. Blast! Why?? [2.4.3 PTR] (TXIII) (650+ DB/hr) Tal Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW + Sage's http://www.d3planner.com/243624048 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85922 https://youtu.be/bdtnKUUIPSQ?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Death's breath farming build that can clear TXIII in 3-4 minutes. Average DB per run will typically be between 35 and 50. In place of Goldwrap + Hoarder + Boot slot we place Sages + Wreath of Lightning. Energy Armor is used instead of Frozen Storm. I prefer the Pinpoint barrier rune for this one, but you can slot Force armor or prismatic if you want the defense. Attack speed is slotted (as is Pain enhancer + Wreath of lightning) to give quicker paralysis procs. Enchantress is recommended. Even with the ABB + GW combo, still a very touch and go build, so take care when engaging enemies. [2.4.3 PTR] (TXIII - 200p @ 3min) {HC} Tal Electrocute Manald Heal + AW for Hardcore http://www.d3planner.com/584412299 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85928 https://youtu.be/WbL0Uvj06TI?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Hardcore build for those who want more defense in their farming build. As seen, the clear speed is slightly slower on TXIII, but does include more defense for torment farming. A few swaps compared to the SC TXIII rifting build: Uses ABB + MW:D + GW to get massive shields. Slots OID for added defense, especially needed when engaging elites and the RG. Homing Pads for quick escape if you proc, or just at the end of the rift. Ice Climbers so Frozen doesn't necessarily wreck you. Black Hole for CC'ing monsters - especially good for swapping Nemesis bracers in for pylons, just pick up gold and cast BH before clicking the pylon. Keeps you from getting insta-gibbed. Avarice Band for easy pickup. Still slots Goldwrap + Hoarder for huge defense when picking up gold. Alternate Shoulder + boots combo is Firebirds for the extra second life. ----- Greater Rifting (GR) Builds. The main event so to speak, MH offers up many builds that can reach GR90+ with relatively low effort in gearing. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR94+) Tal AT:SD Manald Heal + Aquila + Deathwish http://www.d3planner.com/359733445 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85735 https://youtu.be/GvUH_UsIkjg?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR90 @ 12k INT This build leverages the fact that AT:SD can proc MH twice on the same target at the same time. We slot high AS + PE like the Torment farming builds do to hit increased breakpoints. Tal6, Endless Walk, Deathwish, OID, Mantle of Channeling, Trapped, and Audacity make up the bulk of your damage multipliers. Taeguk is great for the extra damage boost. Typically MH doesn't proc immediately when engaging enemies, so dropping stacks isn't so bad of a thing. The idea is to clear the rift faster, spend a little more time on an RG (RG with adds like Saxtris would be king), but overall spend less time in the rift compared to having Stricken. Aquila is placed in the cube for extra damage reduction. With OID, Tal4, Mantle of Channeling, and the Halo + APD combo this makes for a very tanky build. LoH on weapon / bracer adds nice recovery. Resource is managed with many sources: RCR on Shoulder, Paragon, Topaz, and (possibly) source. APoC MW:Conduit +Max AP from paragon and source. These allow you to keep up Aquila at all times, even on single target. Blizzard: Snowbound is used to assist in PE procs, keep up the Tal4 bonus, and is great for helping proc Trapped at range. Feel free to sub whatever cold spell you prefer though, as this is fairly optional. The RCR roll on source is not 100% required, VIT is a good alternative if you feel fine with Aquila buff uptime. Same thing with LoH on bracer vs VIT, I prefer the LoH for the good recovery. Another potential swap is to go without MW:Conduit, and slot FN:Bone chill or ST:Stretch time. This would give more damage, but at the cost of having to need density to keep up your Aquila buff. So, this is more of an advanced option. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR90+) Tal AT:SD Manald Heal DPS Group Build + Guide http://www.d3planner.com/428954774 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85948 https://youtu.be/5D0iIhlZCGg?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows a 2p GR85 clear. This is a Tal6 AT:SD MH build for group. Core damage comes from MH / Paralysis with high AS gear / skills. Stacks as many multpliers as possible to achieve huge damage. Core play involves keeping your Tal bonus up, popping slow time when support pulls in density, casting Spellsteal for big buff in time for CoE lightning phase. Works well with heal + pull support builds, since AT:SD allows you to stand in place. For added damage, defense, and group utility, we use the OID and Crown of Primus with Slow time. I think the Primus + OID combo offers more defense and group utility overall than a Hergbrashes + Furnace + Force Armor setup would be able to. Elite damage on the furnace setup would be slightly higher (~8.3% according to sim), but overall the ST + OID combo provides more damage and utility for clearing the rift. May not be the highest Damage build for a group compared to Firebats WD, but it's mighty fun, and works well at these GR levels. Wudijo's Tal6/Vyr4 MH Archon Meta Guide - the "Lightning Wiz" https://youtu.be/YSWV5xjk7yQ Take a look at this video guide for more info regarding the current Tal6/Vyr4 MH archon meta builds (as of 2/15/2017). The video description includes links for d3planner with Torment and GR speed farming variants, and the solo build. Thanks to Wudijo for putting out this very detailed and impactful guide. [2.4.3] Firebird Archon Fire and Lightning Group Build (by StoleOwnCar) http://www.diablofans.com/builds/86483 http://ptr.d3planner.com/510299188 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMAYECGxv48 https://youtu.be/yyeHQ_SlIA0 While it is FB archon based, this variation for group by StoleOwnCar uses the Manald Heal ring to deal lightning damage. GR100 in first video. GR95 cleared in 9 minutes at ~1700p shown in 2nd video. Skills MW:Ignite, Chantodos Wave of Destruction, and Mammoth Hydra are used to ignite elites for the 6 piece FB bonus. Mammoth Hydra continues igniting and dealing damage when you go into archon. CoE for even larger damage multiplier. AT:SD is also a high damage dealer in this build when outside of archon. You need max CDR on every slot, and the ideal elemental % distribution will be 20% fire (on bracers), this is to give chantodos fire damage. Attack speed is highly valued. If you find a pair of gloves with CDR/IAS/CHC/CHD, you're lucky. Weapon benefits from having IAS on it too. It will increase your manald bursts considerably with more IAS. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR93+) FB AT:SD Manald Heal + Aquila + Deathwish http://www.d3planner.com/987377148 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85738 https://youtu.be/aVRXM0yZSLs?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR89 clear. Similar to the Tal Rasha AT:SD Manald build, here is the FB version which is more tanky, but dishes out less damage. This is due to having a lower damage multiplier and lower base AS breakpoint than the Tal setup. Suprisingly, being able to stand and channel longer due to the DR somewhat makes up for the lower damage. It's a little more clunky than the Tal build, less mobile, and less efficient, but it works. Defense for the build is provided by FB6, Safe Passage, OID, Aquila, Halo + APDs, and Mantle of Channeling. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR89+) Vyr6 Manald Heal :{Ranged}: Zei + Starfire + EE + Zodiac + AW + Crystal Shell http://www.d3planner.com/510924647 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85741 https://youtu.be/KqNx41mwCkY?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows gameplay - GR85 @ 11k INT. Lost this particular rift due to bad RG - but at 4-5m ahead of the timer, can easily clear once you get a good RG spawn. This build uses Starfire + Zei + Power hungry with Archon beam attack to deal damage with MH at range. Primordial Soul + EE is used in place of UA to get even more damage at range. DS: Crystal shell + Zodiac + Aether Walker are used to gain additional defense when outside of archon. APDs are also procced by Calamity when outside archon. When inside archon, Ice Reflect and Cold Archon attacks are used to freeze and proc APDs. Planner shows two variations: high paragon and low paragon. I included LoH on weapon for both of these since I felt the recovery was needed. As far as gameplay goes, use the beam and make sure you are standing next to enemies whenever possible to get extra stack buildup from your blast attack. Attack the RG from range. Make sure you have Cold (or arcane) damage on wand. Be sure to also use cold archon for the stuns (with lightning % dmg on gear). Ice armor is the Ice Reflect rune, not Crystallize. +Max AP is recommended on paragon, wand, source. Potential swaps for Crystal shell include DS:Shards, ST:Exhaustion, and BH:Spellsteal. If you want to go more tanky, you can swap out endless walk for Halo of Arlyse + Hellfire with UA (or any of the other 4 passives & swap out that one for UA). Use Ice Armor: Crystallize with this swap. This will get you up to about GR80. Special thanks to Christos, TinneOnnMuin, and aloc for their help on this build. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR91+) Tal Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW + EW http://www.d3planner.com/438406970 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85743 https://youtu.be/3z_P0FR1Dw8?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR87 clear. With the increase to small mob progress on the PTR, Electrocute is pretty good at pushing higher GRs. This Tal build skips most elites. It's very much a melee electrocute build. Includes PE for higher breakpoints. Stricken is fairly mandatory for the RG with this build. Halo + APD combo is the bulk of your defense, so you really have to look for good mob types. The double second life from Unstable anomaly and FB2 bonus come in handy for this reason. Frost Hydra is placed to proc Trapped and the Tal4 bonus. Could be any cold spell (as preferred) though. Absolute Zero, Snowbound, and Frozen solid are also good options. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR91+) FB Electrocute - Manald Heal + AW + OID + Aquila http://www.d3planner.com/150952173 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85744 https://youtu.be/IWm2dsvg7lU?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR87 clear. Super Tanky FB electrocute build. Typical FB style of play - kite to density, consume the density with the elite giving FB6 buff, then possibly finish off the elite. Aether Walker for high mobility. Lots of defense to be able to ignite easier (have to get close to hit them with EB). Cast Apocalypse only when needed, since it does cost significant amount of AP. Make sure you're channeling into density (for high AP returns) when casting. Though they are close, I prefer this FB electrocute build over the Tal Electrocute build for GR. AW definitely makes it easier to find and ignite elites, and the defense is great. ----- XP Speed / Gem Leveling Builds for GR. Gems, gems, who has the gems? [2.4.3 PTR] (GR75-85+) Tal AT:SD Manald Heal + Ranslor Gem/XP Speed http://www.d3planner.com/973776741 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85745 https://youtu.be/F5U09GwJZaQ?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows GR80 @ 6m. This build can handily take on GR75-85+ for gems/xp. Timed 6m on a good run, but can take as long as 8.5m if you get a bad rift. Keep in mind you can always reduce your GR a few levels to increase your clear speed, if your gear is unoptimized. Pain enhancer allows for quicker Manald Procs. OID + Esoteric + Halo/APD for defense, allows you to engage most elites. Ranslor pull is amazing for assisting in APD procs and quick trash kills, even with a bad mob type (shamans, wasps, etc.) Aether Walker for increased mobility with Conduit + RCR on shoulder, paragon, and Topaz in helm to handle AP costs. I've placed Illusory boots for positioning within enemy hitboxes and ability to run through waller, but you can opt for other boots, probably Nilfur's, if preferred. [2.4.3 PTR] (GR60-75+) Tal Electrocute Gem/XP Speed w/ Manald Heal http://www.d3planner.com/975016649 http://www.diablofans.com/builds/86592 https://youtu.be/lpt3-4E-D28 (4p GR 60 2m clears) https://youtu.be/l_Ob2-8CnAc?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy (3.5m GR70 solo clear) This build is quite adept for clearing lower GRs (even in group play) fairly quickly. The extra defense from ABB + GW + OID help to keep you alive to get that "no death" bonus gem roll. Edit (1/17/2016): updated build to include FB 2pc from shoulder / boots. The double second life helps even more with staying alive during the rift. Thanks to Malakai for core ideas. Altered his original build to be melee oriented (with PE). With the additional placement of Gogok, the build is very capable at getting Paralysis and MH procs in a timely fashion. AS rolls are mandatory, and Enchantress is recommended. Wish I could have included nemesis, but the drop in defense was too much with that swap. Alternate gems to Gogok would be Zei's or Powerful. [2.4.3] Tal Electrocute MH - Velvet Camaral + Black Hole (GR60-70 Speed Build) http://www.diablofans.com/builds/87727 http://www.d3planner.com/937253882 https://youtu.be/IxepJ52VPCI?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy A fun speedy build for GR65 ish and below for those quick gem-ups. VC works well at these levels, however, RG kills, especially if you try and push higher than ~GR65 start to take a long time. Video shows 1 GR65 run, and then 1 GR 60 run. Gear is at the end. The Halo of Arlyse + APD combo along with the double second life (UA + FB2pc) help ensure you stay alive for that extra bonus gem roll. I recommend you bring a friend to kill the RG for you if you want to run GR70 speeds. This build handles the trash at that level still fairly efficiently though. Wanted to get this out as I know many of you have been asking what I would do if I would slot VC. [2.4.3] Tal Electrocute MH - Velvet Camaral + EW (GR65-75) Speed Build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/87819 https://youtu.be/PgaBvtEAbKQ?list=PLsBZISJpoL0I1rZLcEc1Q5jQ1QKzkW8qy Video shows 2p GR 70 carry @ 5m. fun build, capable efficiently up to about 75 solo. More glassy, but still agile, and more damage with the EW. Can use ABB instead of Nemesis if preferred. ----- Here's to hoping these ideas help your wizard in the upcoming patch. Happy new year, and Good luck in season 9!Cratic377 1d
1d BIS MH Archon Gear/Stats http://i.imgur.com/vuBmu1s.jpg BIS pig sticker, obsidian ring and gloves are pretty easy, but not 100% sure about the BIS TR ammy and MH. TR Ammy = dmg, cc, cd or cdr, cc, cd or ias, cc, cd? MH = dmg, cc, cd or dmg, cd, cdr or ias, cd, cdr or cc, cd, cdr? (if u already have BIS gloves/ammy oc) I think dmg, cc, cd on ammy + dmg, cd, cdr might be best setup(2.1 aps, 62.60% cdr, 58.0% cc, 430% cd, +210-420 dmg). What do you think?OV3RL0RD28 1d
2d RIP Gen Monk, Hello Lightning Hydra Wizard Hey guys, Zhanji Bear and I did some more testing on the PTR which I think will make you excited. I did a writeup on my site, which has a link to the corresponding video and builds. TL;DR Gen Monk might finally be out of the top push meta https://troupster.com/diablo-3-rip-gen-monk-season-10-hello-lightning-hydra-wizard/Troupster71 2d
2d Archon attc. Speed que Hi. İ m playing talrasha vyr manald heal set. How much attack speed minimum should i stack? Ty in advance.Shazam9 2d
2d Energy Twister vs. Blizzard Is energy twister preferred to blizzard because of its proc coefficient or its ranslor effect?Atreus8 2d
2d What should i roll on my weapon? Hello I'm currently using lightning build (6 tal, 4 vyr) and i got a weapon with: - 1539-1868 dmg - 6% dmg - 962 int - 7% cdr. I don't know what will be the best to roll on it. Will it be %DMG to max, CDR to max or Attack Speed instead of INT? Or should i roll Exp per kill for like more healing from orbs? I have total of 10.4k INT, paragon 809 and it's on HC. Thx in advance guys.Necrofacer2 2d
3d Wizards Hello all, Just getting back to D3 after a year or so layoff... I tend to make a barb and a wizard every season but it seems as this season everyone has a wiz? Not sure what to start off with, was just wondering what builds are the funnest / most efficient in season 9 ThanksDOBBIN3 3d
3d MH Wiz and Arcane Power on Crit I recently found an ancient source that didn't roll APOC and CDR. At first I was hesitant to use it but I decided to test it in a couple of runs. I've found that I can reliably get back to archon form before running out of AP. I've tried it with ranslor/twister and ABB/APD/blizzard and I've had no issues with it in 80s solo. The benefit is 900+ vit which is considerable (especially when I run galvanizing ward / ABB). What do you guys think regarding APOC? From my testing it seems superfluous once you breach 62% CDR.Atreus10 3d
3d Help with my build So I have a wiz that acording to to my profile does 4109655 dps/w unwavering will. With magic weapon it boosts me to 4.7 and change, I get destroyed on TX. What am I missing? My build is meteor and lightning based. Does anybody have any tips because at this point Im paragon 785 and i have seen some wizs in the 6 mil range at my level. Or am I just having to pray to RNG gods lol.kingcye5 3d
3d Firebird's Finery 4-set bonus works on HC? So I made a thread regarding this set on reddit a few days ago and also spoke with the support to try get an answer with no luck sadly. Here's the thread on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/20ehsb/firebirds_finery_does_the_set_bonus_apply_on/ I play hardcore myself and I would really appreciate it if I could get a confirmation by a dev if it actually works on hardcore. You would assume it would revive you on hardcore.BigBaba24 3d
4d Marvel at Fuczzang's WR GR103 clear! I really love watching the Wizard play (so much better compared to the stand in the middle of a huge pack and spam FB-Archon build we had before) the Tal/Vry/MH build. I saw this WR clear live and wanted to share with all my fellow wizards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhN8ua_fvM His exact build: http://www.d3planner.com/515076642 I am in awe of the skill involved in playing this build properly. Kiting enemies, CC, selecting when to fight, kill the big bad rift guardian, it has everything. I am also unsure of all the negativity from players of other classes towards the Wiz. I am like, if Wiz was not currently on top, something else would be and would that then be op? How far down would you go in eliminating fun to play classes? Wiz is also notably absent from the 3 and 4 man meta groups as the damage just drops off after a point. I hope no nerf happens to this build, it's a lot of fun to play (even for low skill players like me).VuNaMi9 4d
4d DMO from strongest to weakest? I recall back in the day, DMO was a beast in solo (arcane orb)... 2nd only to LoN bomb crusader, and in groups, twister DMO was the solo DPS and could carry well into 115+ What's happened these last few seasons? DMO AO can't push 90's anymore? and I know twisted sword was nerfed so in groups it's useless now. Did the skills/set change? Or was it just twisted sword nerf + nobody using DMO + AO in solo?Armisal4 4d
5d Noob question of the day So I have finally conceded that to push higher GR's Im going to need to play Achron. So I started and all is going well, except for one question which I can't seem to find the answer on. Why is it, sometimes when I come out of Achron, I can immediately cast it again and other times the normal cool down seems to apply? Thanks in advance.FrogSkin4 5d
5d Wreath OF Lighting & Paralysis just wondering... Can Wreath of Lighting proc Paralysis?DMS2 5d
5d WtW Error I got a Woke the Wife error when it felt like my sub 2 minute Rift achievement was a go, and my Archon timeout canceled my town portal.DraydenMoss0 5d
5d Older Wiz Build Questions - Thanks in advance http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BoogieSpense-1822/hero/85932643 If anyone could be so kind, I haven't played in about 2 years, getting back on the horse. Is my wizard (or monk if you want to look at both and comment) build viable anymore? If not, what should I do to improve? Any advice would be appreciated.BoogieSpense1 5d
6d Unstable anomaly doesn't work with firebirds? I just lost a HC hero :( RIP I assumed that I effectively had 3 lives, the normal one I can't lose, one from unstable anomaly, and a third from firebirds meteor. I was chasing a goblin in a rift, killed it then an elite pack managed to get me. Firebirds proc'd. About 30 seconds later, another elite pack came. I killed them, and they had molten affix. As soon as they died I ran away from the explosion, but another mob had knockback affix (plus arcane sentry) and pushed right into the explosion, survived with like 1% life then arcane got me. Dead, and perma dead too - unstable anomaly did not go off. In future, should I swap unstable anomaly for another passive when I had firebirds?Hexlord12 6d
6d Weapon bleed and Pain Enhancer Curious if anyone knows whether the chance to inflict bleed affix rolled on a weapon can proc Pain Enhancer blood frenzy. A decent Ancient Pig Sticker dropped for me yesterday 2,601.8 DPS 1362-1679 Fire Damage 930 Int 958 Vit 10% CDR 38.8% chance to inflict bleed Obvious choice is to roll bleed for AS, but was sorta curious whether the bleed with PE blood frenzy could be useful at some point (next patch hydras?). In which case I'd keep the bleed and roll off vit for AS. The vit would be great for solo but for group it's not really needed and I could try to squeeze as much DPS as possible. Checking for any opinions before I roll it. Thanks!mcdundee4 6d
6d Guidance to clear GR70+ Hi - working on completely finishing off seasonal journey (conquest) and am getting so close (down to 2 last achievements). My current mission is trying to solo GR70 and just can't quite get there - I barely clear 66 and 67 just kicked my butt. I was hoping i could get some tips to put me over the top. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lexicross-1762/hero/1744783Lexicross5 6d
6d A Weird Firebird Probably not technically correct but it's 4fire/2vyr with 'some' MH ring. I think the arcane torrent/static procs the MH ring damage, however when in archon form only fire damage is dealt, so no MH. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DaveJr-1928/hero/62520129DaveJr4 6d
6d IMPROVE FIREBIRD SET FOR REGULAR MONSTERS Firebird's set kills elites very quickly but regular mobs very slowly. This discrepancy is extremely large and detracts from game enjoyment. Please change the 6 piece set bonus, reducing the max stack size from 20 to 10, but double the damage bonus and damage reduction bonus per stack. That way, the set will stay the same for elites, but will do more damage when fewer regular monsters are ignited. Thank you.Endum0 6d
6d Pig Sticker vs. Starfire Hey guys, has a consensus emerged regarding which is better between the Starfire and the Pig Sticker? I'm still not sure which is better between: A) Faster Attack Speed and and Extra Roll or B) An extra cube slot (partial to in-geom) Any thoughts?Atreus9 6d
6d Bane of the Trapped or Stricken? Which Gem would be more beneficial? -Paralysis Procs Bane of Trapped - Aura of control impairing -Increased damage to monster under crowd control abilities. -Stricken is Additional damage per hit -Fast AS Procs quicker damage -Constant Damage on Elites/HerosCalarian8 6d
Feb 16 Magic Missile and Shock Pulse at same time I have my two mouse buttons assigned to MM and Shock Pulse at the same time Only one skill seems to work at any time, and it seems sort of random. Can I not use these in parallel?qed2 Feb 16
Feb 16 Archon beam Hi guys i m new to this talrasha manald set. My que is while i m in archon form i m pretty sure i m hitting the mob but i do no dmg. Am i missing something about the set? Ty in advance.Shazam3 Feb 16