Wizard

Apr 11, 2013 WTS Int/Vit Trifect Ring and Int/6CC Lacunis! Both pieces of gear are currently on my wizard, here's the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/phildaflip-1516/hero/12562982 Add me in game phildaflip#1516 Ring BIN 250m Lacunis BIN 200m BIN 400m together! c/o 300m togetherphildaflip5 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 Does Archon really need armor? Like the topic says. Do I really need it that much? I was stacking everything besides armor and noticed I went under 3k. At the moment I'm doing perfectly fine on MP10, but am worrying I made a big mistake for not stacking Armor. Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jedah-2479/hero/2277292 Sorry, fully buffed profile atm, servers are down on the eu side. My armor is 2990 orso it says in the menu.Jedah3 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 Life steal and AP on crit Do these work with AOE abilities like Blizzard? Do they work with Hydras?Maddhawk4 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 Looking to upgrade 114m budget. What should i upgrade next? I am trying to decide i just can not find anything to upgrade or help me out. Can anyone give me any ideas?BoatsNhoes4 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 Need a wizard build to fight nightmare diablo I'm open to any suggestions here. I have a level 52 wizard and I'm getting my butt kickedTarvish8 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 mp10 kd2 archon vid 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJESAzFgdr8&feature=youtu.be just figured i'd show people that mp10 archon is more than doable. its a sh1tty free fraps so its only 30 seconds but ive got 2 more videos uploading after this ill post, one of them shows an eilte pack.. only part of it tho like the first 4 seconds but that elite fight was only about 20-25 seconds long. anyway here's first vidlameboi4 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 skorn or chantodo set? I cant decide if i should get rid of my high-end skorn and use the chantodo set instead. thoughts?sector494 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Ruby vs emerald? Can anyone tell me why people have recently decided to socket ruby instead of emerald for their weapon? I tried it myself and I haven't noticed a boost in sheet dps. Thanks,solomon11 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Arcane orb should be the new Frozen Orb Make Arcane Orb alittle bit better to where you cna make build for it like the gold old forzen orb days in d2... i mean i still use it on my blizz wizz but just wish it had alittle mroe to do that just shoot it and send it through monsters make it have alittle something special to put it over the top... the damge on it is sooo awesome it just seems like its a waste make a build focused on it... if u guys know any builds based off of it already let me know... dont get me wrong i love using it to mow things down while my blizz dps them down but it has no fun to it lolGhostnasty0 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Guys, willing to let go of my WD gears. I still have not reached plvl 100 with my wiz. I hardly play WD. so, I'm offering my whole WD gear sets. They are good, really good and it was recommended by ofgorten (one of the most active Godly wds during his playing time). I know some of you are rolling WD after you reached plvl100 wiz. I still got about 17 lvls to go with my wiz which will be a long time? Hence, get these gears while they are available. I am leaving the link to the WD forum post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328593 I might give wiz "discount" if I know you.yodatoy6 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 What to upgrade?? Need som help on my gear, what do you think i should go for next? What is my best slot to upgrade? Have 948 All ress buffed and 209k dps with 46k hp, so i survive a great deal of pain, but i really want to up the dps. Have 1B gold to spend. BelzbubBelzbub0 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 wts trifecta+loh ring Somehow i got into possession of this ring: 9as, 31cd, 5.5cc, 218 loh + some useless affixes willing to sell for a fair price. Honestly i have no idea where the price should be as it has no int/vit/ar or avg dmg. The closest on AH was like 1B+ but damn, i'm not gonna ask even close to that amount. Let me know if you would be interested.Notrius0 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 3.28 aps with bubble (über question) If I put on a helm with 8 more aps, can I lock them forever?Tmayorga6 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Official- 301,001k+ dps is THE way. Just kidding. Just getting back to Carnac for making fun of my posts. Sorry for wasting the forum space.yodatoy16 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Chantodo debuff ? Hi folks, Chantodo set should be the best choice for CM wiz, however I see that blizz defuffed Chantodo will's, can some body answer why: 1. Chant mainhand has just 1 random affix but on site it stated that should be 2? 2. Chant has 63lvl, but why IAS has just 10% cap? why it is not 11% as on other 63lvl wands? why it's so defuffed...Alec4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Wooo for AH downtime logged in today to find out I snagged the ammy in my profile for 19mil :P gotta love 2000 gold starting bids with no buyouts. Now to sell my tals ammy with a 2k dps loss for over 100mil :)garyt2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Upgrade Source or Wand? Hey guys, Not really sure where to go next in terms of DPS. I was thinking of upgrading my wand or source, dont have enough money to do both. What do you guys think?Wildcard4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Need more armor I know my armor is kinda low but i'm not sure what pieces i can change to up it. I got lucky enough with my crafted shoulders and bracers that imo it's not worth crafting tons more pieces just for armor along with current stats. Other than swapping my zuni chest for a high armor tals i'm not sure what i can do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Sevaut1 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Wondering what I should upgrade next So I've got about 120mil budget right now, wondering what I should try to upgrade. I'm running the standard CM/WW build, but am only at the 2.5 break point. I don't really intend to go up to 2.74 - that is unless you guys convince me too. My general thoughts on upgrading: 1) I have a lot of MF, I don't play enough to fly through para levels so I've kinda done this to help improve my leg drops. 2) Should I just spend all my money on Gem upgrades? 3) I'm thinking the most likely upgrades are my Will and Force. Except the Force would be out of budget. 4) Get rid of BT for the high int/vit rare pants with AR and sockets? 5) Craft away $ trying to improve bracers/gloves? One last point I've got a bid on some Zuni boots with higher armor, will put me over 4500. I figure that's probably around enough armor for now, I'll focus on increasing my damage. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.!Galactica3 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 1.08 best archon party? i'm thinking of 1 monk = overawe/flesh is weak/cyclone strike 1 monk = transgression/guiding light/flesh is weak 1 sns wiz = bone chill 1 archon wiz = cold blooded i could be wrong but hey feel free to chip in your OP/IMBA 1.08 archon partypichapie20 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Gear Swapping - anybody else still do it? This is more for the mid-tier, non godly wiz's out there -- but I was curious to see what your guys opinions were on gear swapping..I know its poor, but it allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds (high dps and high mit, albeit in a slightly less effective manner) that is usually only reserved for the cream of the crop wiz's. In my case, I run with 280k dps unbuffed (~400k buffed with mw elect, follower, deepfreeze) but with 775 all res 4280 armor and 40k hp.. This allows me to melt through huge packs of trash mobs on mp10 (very exhilarating) , but with this low of res im usually forced to kite/reposition against tougher elites (rd/elec/plagued/hord/fast - succubus, flaming guardians, phasebeasts, firebats, spear chuckers, fat magic douches) and go into a panic in attempt not to die. Dying pisses me off to no end, so lately ive been just switching to a 95int 65all res 7ias/42cd/4cc ring, a 600armor 72res wh, and high armor high vit bt's. This drops my dps to 250k unbuffed (330 buffed) while boosting my armor to 4850, all res to 850, and life to 42k.. The way I see it, the time I lose from less damage is more than made up by not having to reposition while maintaining an uninterrupted onslaught - and I have a far less risk of death. So what are your guys thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Never tried it? Refuse to do it? Give zero fukcs on the matter? Im curious to know if what im doing is useful or absolutely retarded.GrizZ5 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 50 essences per hour group http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r748tpJz4U im usually playing a cm, but gave my wd a try with my cm mate.WatchMeBlink2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 AH is on..but where is my chant wand?! damn...disappearedVoid5 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 How much gold have you picked up? Im not very proud of it... since it actually means I played alot since may 15 but anyway, I love this game so why feeling bad about it? Ill start : 120.7m picked upQuetzal17 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Pleas I need good advice for my CM buid Hi fellow CM wizzies! Ok, I need some help. I've been one of those, 'lets go for what my paper details tell me' type of guy. Starting to realize that this might not be the best way to go and enhance my build. Currently, I really just want to farm MP 10. I feel that running with one partner has been the easiest and fasted way to go through MP 10. But, I have been forced to use Crystal Shell and Prismatic Armor in order to do this. I see all the top wizzies going completely SNS. I have tried it, but I just die way too much. I try either DS or SA, at least one, still I die a lot if I use Crystal Shell or Prismatic Armor. What should I do? I've been thinking Nat set would be cool with the extra CC. But it seems like everyone is going zuni. Am I over analyzing everything? It would just be nice to talk to some top wizzies and get some solid advice. I was thinking of Nat set with BT pants/lacunis. Any info or opinion would be greatly appreciate.dmGinC16 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 new to lvl 60 wiz needs some advise on gear I just got to lvl 60 and now looking in to what I should do to improve my gear, I have ok gear but looking to gear up now that I'm at the lvl cap. any suggestions?AdRAGOn2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Wiz PvP: What would you nerf and buff? If you had to make a wish list for each class, what skills would you like to see weaker and stronger? For pvp only, the skills remain the same during farming. Wizard weaker: storm armor (sorry follow wizs) stronger: meteor Monk weaker: wave of light stronger: spirit regain after killDH weaker: impale stronger: spike trapsBarbs weaker: sprint should have a cool down stronger: more cc breakers WD weaker: It is a tie. spirit barrage should not go through walls or slow time should be able to slow it. Haunt should not be allowed to be recasted until it crits. stronger: I think most of their skills are strong enough. Maybe have toads or acid rain do more damage to increase build diversity.Weasel7657 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 to OS chants cm wizzies with good cd ammy try or simulate them marquise rubies.... damn i never though id gain another 3.5k dps just switching from my emmy to my ruby. finally hit 250k dps vs elites (240k paper) with that little switch. guess me switching to a 99cd ammy and not having that stupidly high cc (55%)made the ruby viable.ximae8 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Returning to the game after a break. I have a 60 wiz that i just restarted playing with. I've read the build threads and i'm quite sure my gear isn't really good for anything anyone is talking about. What shuold i strive for? I only have 1 million gold saved up. What should i aim for? I'm mindlessly killing stuff in inferno (which i never finished before i left because it was too hard) act 3 just making my way to act 4. I just need a push in the right direction and what i should be doing. Thanks -PokPokir2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 I play a Barbarian, but I enjoy playing Wiz.. So, can anyone help me out? Here is a link to my wizard. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tritoch-1733/hero/10060820 I cannot even do MP1 with this guy (he is in the wrong spec, I was toying around with him trying to do something else) as the freeze lock explosion build. I guess my question is simple, am I missing something crucial in my gear that's causing things to not work out smoothly?Tritoch4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 account bound mempo of twilight? Where to get it? I see a lot of wizards having wearing one. It's not in the crafted helms section of the game guide eitherRaincloud4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Just soloed mp 10 ubers, kinda disappointed. So I just bought a unidentified chants wand that had 1027.5 dps .25 to aps 10% increase aps I know it's not the greatest but go the job done. So why am I disappointed u ask? Cuz all u really need is: Use force armor 1000 plus Loh Enough dps to kill them fast enough And stupidly fast attack speed I found armor, resistance didnt really help. Force armor made up useless. I did it with 33k up. Why I don't like this is... I have the awesome set up wih my wizard, it's great and works awesomely. All this work I put into it to do mp10 ubers really means nothing since all I need now is this wand. I'm going to try to do it with my set up now, but I see it beig very difficult. Thanks for listening to my vent.Tmayorga11 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Price check on Nats Reflection Hi, I'm wondering how much my ring is worth. I'm broke and would love to sell something of value so I could upgrade my other items. 89 Dex 81 Int 39 Cold resist Attack speed +9% Life on hit +327 life 194 Life regenKerTiZ1 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 energy twister w/ storm chaser so you can release giant twister with signature spells after casting energy twisters. you can stack 3 wind charges apparently, but do they actually increase the damage of the giant twister when you release it with 3 charges? i see no difference in damage with stacked charges. is this true? or broken? or am i just getting the lowest possible dps roll each attack? anyone have a damage mechanics guide?Thoronir1 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 1.08 : Any benefits to running Death Blossom? Was just thinking, since mobs density has been increased, would the effectiveness of Death Blossom skyrocket?Xephon5 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 wts storm crow in my profile most likely just leave an offer and ill get to it, or you can add me. gonna make a new post later/friday because ill be parting with some of my excess wiz gear. also the entire monk is officially for sale, dunno if anyone cares.lameboi0 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Anyone selling wiz set for around 400-500m ? If there is please leave offer hereChris0 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Stepping down the DPS ladder... I got rid of my Quad-Pox which cost me 7.5k DPS, I gained 1.5% CC (59.5% now) and another 216 LoH (went from 582 to 798) With new group changes, I don't see any incentive at all to hunt the high DPS numbers, it's all about not dying and supporting the group even further. And no, I'm not confirming that CM's are sidekicks, but let's face it, we're not doing much DPS.. I'm 1.4k DPS from 300k Unbuffed, and I don't crave that milestone at all, next upgrade would be new Lacuni's which will cost me another 3k dps but add Armor.Niko39 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Wts StormCrow 8% Lightning Dmg Int - 92 Vit - 95 LoH - 460 APOC - 10 Dmg against elite - 4% 22% Cast fiery ball PM meSpitfire5 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Fuhgedabout archon - SNS-Teleport http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1bzv51/fellow_wizards_108_ptr_teleport_mechanics/Carnac7 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Trying to bring Forked Lightning back Yesterday I came up with this build that was fairly effective on MP8-10. You can literally survive forever without anything touching you, and with a LS weapon a Calamity port against multiple enemies after a hit that triggers Illusionist will heal you to full. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UQgliT!TWd!ZccYbc The only thing I'm trying to work in is burst damage because I had trouble with treasure goblins. There's a few options for this and requires tweaks to the slots occupied by Blizzard and Venom Hydra: 1. Frost Hydra and Molten Impact 2. Snowbound and Liquefy 3. Stark Winter and Star Pact 4. Stark Winter and Archon Arcane Destruction (CM instead of Illusionist) 5. Frost Hydra and Disintegrate Anyone else have any ideas? This was working very well just needed more burst DPS.DoctorDoom33 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Those on PTR... How is the "fix" on teleport where we can teleport to "any" area as long as there is a path. and hows the damage reduction on safe passage now? :D Thanks.Liquid13 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 hey mr void im coming for mp10 billael today if the ah ever comes up... got him to about 15% running prismatic cuz the c-unit one shots me.. soon as i can rock the mempo (hopefully i sniped this apoc -5 meteor chants force b4 AH went down, pretty sure i was last bid) he's goin down ^_^lameboi5 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Piehole spotted tanking MP10 Electric/Plagued Elite mob like a boss last night. I was there. He stood right in the middle of three pools and just tanked it like it was nothing. I saw it, and I must report it. Aimless would have been very proud. Also - note to everyone out there. Pie brings much Demonic Essence luck on any runs you take with him. We got 6 in less than thirty minutes, and we were just goofing around in the Keeps. Now, his luck with Resplendent Chests is less than stellar, but no big deal. Had a Witch Doctor join us last night - first time I have played with one. Geezus all those spells and summoning stuff, I couldn't see what the heck I was supposed to be shooting. I swear I tried to kill a bunch of bears or pigs or something.kcbandit19 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 WTS Best Wizard Set:Chan Zuni Tal MoT WH LP Best Gear Set for Wizard,Zuni pox:85Int 72Vit 62RAE 6CC 33CD 7AS,Tal's Allegiace:267Int 71Vit 9CC 62CD 7AS 6Fire Dmg Chantodo's Will: http://i.imgur.com/YUkLCrQ.jpg Chantodo's Force: http://i.imgur.com/3yMQsUM.jpg Zunimassa's Pox: http://i.imgur.com/IWlgibl.jpg Zunimassa's Trail: http://i.imgur.com/SBKUqnc.jpg Tal Rasha's Allegiance: http://i.imgur.com/09aI7Rm.jpg Mempo of Twilight: http://i.imgur.com/Zo2EfGV.jpg Lacuni Prowlers: http://i.imgur.com/k4Wfezv.jpg The Witching Hour: http://i.imgur.com/gc0DFdS.jpg More infomation about best gears,Please contact me Battle tag:MneMosyne#3510MneMosyne4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Price check on witching hour first off, i want to apologise for a p/c thread. i usually check against the AH but its currently down. anyway, found a witching hour with the following stats and after a ball park figure on what its worth INT - 95 poison resist - 32 all resist - 79 attack speed - 9 crit damage - 38 MF - 13 (wish it was a vit or armour roll) the only reason i think it may be worth a bit is the AR, i know last time i looked they were pretty pricey anyway, and rough ideas will be appreciated. thanks in advance wazzWAZZ6 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Low dps CM? We can even you out If you're like me and in not in a very good position in regards to dps (be it that your poor and cant afford to add dps or whatever other reason) but you can survive on the higher mp's and keep things frozen well but farming them just goes by too slow. If so then visit my post on the looking for group forum where you can find someone that is willing to run with you while you freeze and they dps on high mps. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569597901 Run with some of the guys that replied to the post :)shankluu6 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Help me gear check pls Hi guys, i just spend 30mil on my whole wizard set. I am pretty much 170k dps. Is it going to be very very expensive to upgrade to 200k dps? I want only Cm and farming only with pretty decent eHP and 200k dps. So what should i change. I have 2.31 atk speed breakpoint, 40k+ hp, 170k dps and 600 resistsJababa2 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 My HC Baby :) - Also, Your Fav Items Well, after losing my 6 month old HC CM wizard to a client failure :( , I decided to reroll a meteor build just until I got back on my feet financially I was lucky enough to be checking the AH at the exact moment this came up and was the first of my CM brethren to get my grubby mitts on it http://tinypic.com/r/24yyf46/6 So I guess it's back to being a CM wizard for me :D Topic: Your favourite item on your wizard, and how you came to be the owner of itTheDutchMan4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Fixed Teleport on PTR Some of you probably haven't had the chance to test PTR yet but are curious about the fixed teleport. Here's how it works.. Remember these kinds of paths? ----------------------------------------------------------- | | | ---------------------- ----- ---------------------- | | | | --------------------- Normally, you'd walk past the bend and wait til you reach the straight before porting. Otherwise, you end up stuck with a wasted cooldown. With the fixed teleport, you can zip through these without problems (^__^) The fixed teleport is awesome! It would be silly not to use it. But.. We use teleport to quickly move from one mob to the next. With the adjusted density, you can't walk 20 yards without bumping into another large group. So now I'm torn between the new Teleport (that isn't that essential anymore) or MW-E (to melt mobs faster) LT;DR: Fixed teleport is awesome but with the density adjustment, might be unnecessary. It's funny how we were so reliant on the broken Teleport, and now that it fixed, we might not need it anymore. LOL Overall, I'm happy with the changes. They might be minor, but they're really effectiveValcrist1 Apr 10, 2013