Aus/NZ General Discussion

May 26, 2012 left forum left forumdarren444 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 I want my thousands of gold reimbursed I'm not joking. The amount of money I've spend on repair because the ping is so bad that this game becomes unplayable is bull. I want my gold reimbursed for blizz's lolfail servers.Cruelthulu0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 was D3 worth the wait? Over ten years I've waited, but now that it's finally here I can't help but feel disappointed. I mean, here's a game I can't play unless I'm online - even if I only want to play single-player - which quickly eats up all my bandwidth, not to mention the issues with lag time. (My Demon Hunter often gets stuck in a Crazy Freakin' Teleporter) Then I discover that customising my character has been substantially compromised - I don't get to assign stat points, or pick skills and talents as with D1 and D2; in D3 the game does all that for me. I feel like D3 is really just a primer for WoW, a game I have avoided in much the same way I avoid crack !@#$%^-, and for similar reasons. *sigh* Still, it's not all bad. I bought D3 from an excellent store that has a 7 day money back guarantee, so no harm done there, and I hear that Torchlight 2 is on it's way, so that's good news. Still, i was SO looking forward to this game….ah well, what was it Ned Kelly said? Such is life.ntraill12 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Australian Lag Solution Hey guys, Just finished D3 finally, took so long because of the stupid lag... But I have found a solution... www.pingzapper.com (Free Trial) use that... I went from 800+ping to 220 ping. It's the only solution to the lag I have found works... I am not advertising for them nor gaining anything from telling you about this. I just want other Australian's to experience diablo 3 how it should be experienced. Reply if it works for you...Joshtech7 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 a word to blizzard on latency first, let me start by saying i absolutely love diablo 3, totally addicted. that said, australian/new zealand latency can make the game almost unplayable at times. at most times i play during the day i get around 200-300ms ping which works fine for me, i can live with it and the only real thing i have to change is to move away (vault on my demon hunter) when an enemy is about to hit me a little early, otherwise i will still take the hit. this doesnt bother me. what DOES bother me is when it gets to around 7:30-8:00 onwards (i live in sydney) i get over 1k ms. basically i cant play after dinner because everything freezes up, jumps and i just die. i realise this is probably due to the servers becoming crowded or something and i know blizzard is working to try to fix this (atleast i hope so). i still think it would be nice to have our own oceanic server, which should stop the huge lag we get. could this be something blizzard could look into? then though we would still have our characters on a US server, and would have to transfer them somehow.. still, i would like to know what blizzard is doing regarding this issue. also, if anyone can further explain why i only get bad latency at this time of night, that would be great.kamikaze0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Error 3007 in the middle of last boss fight. Blizzard you owe me like 15 potions...Berwyn19 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 LF Three other's nightmare mode Level 39 Barb, 15khp, looking for Damage to join. Doing act2 nightmare to onwards. Can't seem to find a full group with public games. add me in game. joe#1986Joe0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 How many of you are NOT having latency issues I keep seeing all these forum posts about huge amounts of ping and it kinda bugs me that people whinge about lag and whatnot. I have 250ms ping on average, during the beta I even dipped into 180 for a time. At the most i might go up to 500-600, but I still dont have lag issues. Once in a while I rubberband back about 3 steps, but its not game breaking. Combat is fine, no lag related issues with that (which you should have no lag anyway) Im even playing with 2-3 mates when i play through the game, they dont have any issues either. not even when theres some 40 monsters on-screen and we go rushing in to clean them up. Fantastic game Blizzard, been waiting 11 (or so) years for this, I remember playing the Diablo 2 demo way too much, forced my Barbarian up to level 13 by roaming the cold plains killing all the Fallen, Gargantuan Beasts and Dark Hunters (which would only give 1xp at that stage) Eventually I bought the full game + expansion and it still is one of the best games I have played. Great job on trying to get it running quickly after the launch hiccup, Havent had any issues with my game since the initial login. Cant wait to see what else you bring to the table with this one :)Shrapnel11731 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Awesome. Just awesome... Downtime again. I think we're at 5 out of 6 nights this week so far (I don't recall one Monday). I bought the game on Sunday. Right after install, was getting booted every 10 mins. Fixed that, but every day since then there has been server downtime during Ozzie prime time. On top of that, I'm hearing absolutely horrible things about Oz lag spikes making higher difficulties impossible to play. I loved D2 - really loved it, so I've taken the D3 forums with a mountain of salt (seriously you guys... chill) and tried to judge by my own experience. Except so far my experience is that since I generally get to play for a couple of hours a night, tops, with server downtime EVERY DAY THIS WEEK fully half my available playing time is being taken from me because Blizz insists that online SP is the only way they can make all the money. I don't want to be an over-entitled elitist nerdrager, I really don't, and I know that Blizz is beyond rich and my little $80 does not make a difference to them one way or the other, but if they do this again over the weekend so help me god I'm getting my money back. That's not what I want. If I wanted $80 and not D3, I would have kept the cash in the first place. I just want to play D3, please. I add my voice to the masses - Blizzard, please give us an Australian server - even staggering your downtimes so that a time zone other than this one can cop a prime time shut down for once would be a step in the right direction. For some reason, I find myself thinking of the words of one Jules Winfield, who said, "It's shxt like this that's gonna bring this situation to a head, man! Look, I ain't threatening you or nothing, all right? You know I respect you and all. But just don't put me in this position, all right?"Godeater12 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Anyone play on Asia server? I live in WA getting 200-250 ping on Asia server compared to 350-400 on the Americas server (I'm on wireless). The only down side is that few people speak English. Is there anyone else out there playing on Asia?Llamasaur10 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Aussie Underdogs, We Want You! Heya all Mayo from Aussie Underdogs here. As leader of our D3 section i would love to see more Aussies join us on our adventures through Diablo and with upcoming pvp would love to have some people keen on this. What we are looking for: Looking for active, mature players to join our ranks whether it be just for the casual hack n slash or for more serious pvp once released What we have: Our own website/forums http://www.au-clan.net/ Our own team speak server capable of hundreds of players we also have many active gamers allready amongst the ranks playing Diablo/WoW/SC2/Battlefield and LoL As for myself i have clocked over 90 hours on barb since release currently farming and working my way through inferno http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8743/barbarian.png http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8648/barbarian2.png Would love to meet more Aussies in the depths of Hell whether it be me helping u out or u helping me out! I hope this doesnt break any Battle.net forum rules as all im hoping to achieve here is to help grow the aussie Diablo 3 communityMayo23 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Am i the only stupid one not using a follower So I am in nightmare, made it to level 40 well into act 2. Had a few deaths, some lag related, some stupid and some just pure difficulty. Was telling my mate about how I die a fair bit, but I was getting better and the deaths weren't so frequent. Much better kiting/gear/build skills setting in. He asked me which follower I was using, I should use the templar (I am wizard). Low and behold, since normal i have not hired a follower. What a dipsh!t? So tonight I think I might hire that meatshield and see what happens!Slabocans24 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 SERVER SHUT DOWNS Please exclude Australia from the USA timed server maintainence server shut downs. All very convenient to shut them down at 1 am for a few hours in the usa but that makes it 6 pm give or take our time. I would think most of us play it after 7 pm at nights here is OZ. So exclude us or give us our own servers peasekiwioz7 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Auction House broken?? Hey guys/gals, the last couple of days I've been unable to buy anything from the auction house (gold) other then weapons/amour :S Basically when I try to find them I fill in all the search criteria, press search and then nothing comes up in the auction area :S Which is particularly annoying when trying to fill socketed items as I cant find any gems, and the gem drops seem to be very sporadic. I have previously sold and bought items gems/artisan pages.. If anyone else is having the same issues or knows of any way to fix it I would be very grateful to hear from you. -RevReventon77914 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 character stats..! im almost at 100% for magic items to drop in the stats so really almost every box i open or monster(s) i kill they drop alot of magic equipment, im trying this out cause ive never done it before...has anyone else tried this..? my next character ill try 100% gold find to see if there is any difference..! edit - i was banned for 72 hours but amazingly after those 72 hours everyone has complained less..!AnonymousOne0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Log in today, and my Character is gone... Log in today and my character is gone, no hero in my list. What the hell is this! Is this part of their improvement plan? I was 30% through Nightmare. Happen to anyone else?Jman3 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Lag or Mechanic? I've got an issue that's been bothering me for quite a while now. Just today i got teleported backwards and insta-gibbed by one of those act 2 plants. That's lag, and probably rubberbanding. but what i see on a consistent basis is that some mob or the other rears up for a huge swing, and i try to run away once i see it started. The swing comes down a second later, I'm half a screen away, and I still take the hit, often putting me at red or killing me outright. the only way i've been able to mitigate those swings is SS (for DH) and serenity (for monk) It's kind of irritating to know that you've "dodged" the attack, just to be hit anyway. Is that lag or part of the game mechanic, since i've seen some posts somewhere that say hit calculation is when attack animation starts. that just seems stupid to me.CHENZ6 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Diablo 3 Sydney Facebook to monitor stock Since we are not sure when sydney stock will be available, let's help each other to monitor via this facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diablo-3-Sydney/236179559829688Zhon0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Can not list gems for sale Does anyone for else get the same issue?kira4 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Help please! idk if its like conjestion from all the australians trying to play but i can ping any ip around the world get a stable ping no packet loss, i can play any other game smooth as silk. Logs onto diablo 3 gets 300-1000 ping spikes and like every 1-5 seconds stuff warps/freezes then u die, it sometimes gets that bad that i run 5 steps then re appear back when i initially run from 5-6 times in a row. Finding inferno very hard at the moment with it like this. No its not my connection ive fully tested it so WTF idk. if i play asia server i still get a higher then average ping but alot less spiking/warping like im losing packets. Are the servers overloaded? do i need to forward a specific port? WTF AM I MISSING lolExecutioner1 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Serious Questions: Getting a refund. Hi, Ok here is it... http://sea.battle.net/support/en/article/contact 1-800-041-378 To people that are actually wanting to refund just call the Australian support number and ask them for a refund. They confirm your details and its done... Money is refunded in 5-10 working days to bank/pay pal. Edit: People that bought annual passes this was posted by a blue in general forums... You can't get your annual pass refunded... Unless you want to play WoW that much... i'd still call and give it your best shot... ... It was fun guys :) Thanks! laters...Reckful63 May 26, 2012
May 25, 2012 Launcher cannot update.... The game launcher cannot update itself. It stays at 0% and game could not start. Anyone else got this problem????BigMaster3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Can you access your heroes from other PCs? I'm at my brother's house and we both have D3. When I logged in neither of my heroes appeared. I thought the point of having it all online was so you could access your toons from anywhere. Am I failing at something?Denim16 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 What's the worst elite combo? I vote for... Invulnerable minions Extra health Vortex MortarJoe19 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 MUSIC - Diablo encounter is that WOW music? (lol)Mitosis0 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Question reguarding chat options I am under the impression that all of my chat chanels are locked to my region. Being Australian i can only comunicate with locals? If this is true what is the point of a trade chat if i can not chat with the community. . .Godraw1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 How to lower your lag by editing PC registry This is on you tube. This guy is a savior! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rhWeL4L_pI This is magical - it halved my average ping which made the lag much more wearable, and put me lag free for much greater periods of time. Tell your friends about this. Be sure to thank the man for the help.Hanos3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 The Only Latency Fix. We dont have the populations to justify a Aus based server. Even if we did, our auction house would be so sparsely populated, it would gimp us. Fact it, we have about the same amounf of people playing this game as their are in say.... texas. The only way ive fixed it, and the same way i did it in WoW is a ping tunnel. Easy to use. Install the software. Select your server. I use fox 1. Select your game, and click go. Run game like normal. My ping went from 450 and erratic to 250 and stable. Im not affiliated with them, or any other. Im purely private, but TBH im sick of our forum being full of !@#$%ing and whinging about the pings, and would love to see it evolve into something better. $7 a month is literally nothing to pay. Right or wrong, its the solution we have. http://lowerping.com/jakstas41 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 30k damage demon hunter LF inferno group Hey guys, im a skilled player looking for a good group that use vent/skype/mumble to farm inferno with.Sinzz0 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Any other aussies get hacked? Darn they got me while I was at work today... :( my 46 monk is nakedHgryB4Dinner53 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Account hacking (obviously going on) Hi all, after having 2 posts already deleted by Blizzard and a ticket that hasn't yet been answered i want to know how wide spread is this account hacking thing? I want to know if the breach was on there side because i don't believe for a second my account was worth targetting a level 49 monk with really nothing special gear wise. What i am worried about is the breach of personal information, my name, country, telephone number, credit card information?OHYEAHH18 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 HC Witch Doctor Solo Stream Starting Now! Hey all, Pouncival here yet again to bring you some more Witch Doctor Hardcore Solo action. I just got off my "normal" job, and I have been anxious to try and finish up Normal mode with my Witch Doctor and Start Nightmare. Going to be streaming for 2-3 hours, and I'd love for you to stop by and hang out with me for awhile as I battle the minions of hell! http://www.twitch.tv/pouncivalgaming Pull up a chair, grab a drink, and enjoy a few hours of Hardcore Demon bashing!Pouncival0 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Replaying and difficulty im just asking as it seems like a lot of of diablo players are playing on a harder difficulty just arfter the beat the game, what i whant to know is, is there a point to this?Dragsaw12 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Can I get a refund... Hi, I am from NZ and purchased the game from DSE however due to terrible lag I simply cannot play this game and certainly not worth my stress over it so I simply ask you Blizzard how can I get my refund back since the store will say no, becase the game is opened used etc...Gru3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Again shutting servers down WTF Blizzard! Its great friday night after 9pm US wants to shut servers down again. Thanks for ruining my evening.Wints14 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Unplayable lately the latency is between 600-1300ms rendering Diablo 3 unplayable.Mracehigh15 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Anyone else getting disconnected constantly? Since servers have come up, I'm having constant disconnects and just cant do anything. whenever I do end up playing for a bit once I get dc'd I end up where I was when I first logged on and have no progress from what I've done. this happening to anyone else?hyper90 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Authenticator Region Question I have an American Bnet account from my time overseas, now that I'm in New Zealand do I purchase a NZ Authenticator or do I need the American version?Saranis1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Fix barbs PLZ BARBS ARE A MELEE CLASs rly we need to use a ranged build... RLY BLIZZARD?Cirox5 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Server Shut down Times Ive looked in the server shut down maintenance section in the forum but nothing seems to be up to date, anyone know of anywhere else you can find upcoming server shut down times? Maybe there unscheduled, i dont know but it would be nice to know... Yes, yes i know they have a count down in game, but i always seem to not see it lolWrothmor19 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Short story while you wait for maint.. Get home from late shift, cook tea and log on to finally play some D3 after looking forward to it all day. Log in, loving my new Wizard on act 3 normal; carving my way through everything without breaking a sweat, "God this game is awes..."SERVER SHUTTING DOWN IN 15 MINS....................................................................... I'm not going to say it, as the board rules censor me, but anyone else in a similar predicament can likely guess what I'm thinking right now.. (The gaming life of a second rate worthless Aussie customer.)Jondomonium3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 server down notification broken? told us server down and got disconnected bt once we press resume game...we're back into the game? huh? whats going on here blizzard?SleepyFace0 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 looks like latency is getting better? Hey mates, I have the feeling that the latency has improved a little lately. I live in Sydney, my ADLS2 service is provided by Internode (very reliable, btw), and I can see my latency going sometimes under 200ms. It was about 180ms sustained this afternoon. Previously, my average latency was more something like 250ms, with a range going from 230 to even 500+ some times (not considering some huge but temporary spikes at 1000+). So maybe it has nothing to do with the game, perhaps a better routing somewhere, but have you observed something better since yesterday? ps: rants about the latency are always very welcome, but please be innovative, thanks.Malkomitch1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Did you test this game with simulated lag? Just out of interest, I'm wondering how you tested this game. Did you simulate the latency that would be present for Australian players? At first, I thought the minor lag issues weren't too intrusive and were more of an annoyance than a hindrance. Now I'm in Hell difficulty, and repeatedly I've dying due to a failed Revenge (spamming "2" repeatedly in desperation and it just won't go off) or my personal favourite: Rubber-banding back into a pool of death I had just run out of. Even on the rare occasions when I have a steady 250ms latency, these issues don't disappear. But with my more common 350ms average, the game is getting truly unplayable. While I have no problem with Diablo 3 being an online game, I have to question the logic behind designing it as an offline game.Boon3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Sorry if this is old Hey guys, with tax time coming up soonish, I am just wondering if any money we earn in D3 needs to be reported? If it does - does it affect your jobs taxable income - or is it considered a completely new job? Thank you.Avenger4 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Offline Client Just an idea. I know that at this stage a single player client much like Diablo 2 is pretty much out of the question. But is a Global server for solo peeps with no AH possible? I figure the main reason for no off line client is ignorance and poor design but there are options. Except for Diablo 3... I mean seriously, the designer reason was so effing stupid this man had to be on drugs. Why is D3 not a local client?Palathas6 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Will Diablo 3 for consoles require internet? I own it for PC, and apart from my own belief that playing Diablo 3 with a controller would suck tremendously, I think that this is an extremely valid question. Can a blue answer me this - will Diablo 3 for consoles require a constant Internet connection in order to play it? I think that with the response from PC games about this requirement, this is a very fair request, and very fair for those console owners who are holding their breath for the announcement that is certainly on its way.HazBeard17 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Strange ping and lagacy?! I just play the game in past 2 hour. My ping shows green around 260-330 which should not lag in the game. However, I still facing delay, like character backward when walk or hit creep but only damage after 2 sec. Just wondering if anyone have the same issue. Because it's not the 1st time happened to me. I'm sure my desktop meet the game requirement and have no other program running.UnIVerStAR2 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Diablo 3 can't install(hard copy) Ok so i installed diablo today and then when all theese issue were going on i thought maybe i should uninstall then re install,so thats what i did,alll files even remotly close to diablo 3 have been deleted but now when i try and re install i use the disk and it loads and says the game is up to date,so i click play and it just freezes,please somebody help me :"CForsaken17 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Items for sale http://martiandiablo.tumblr.com/ Jasian#6509Jasian9 May 25, 2012