Aus/NZ General Discussion

Aug 23, 2012 Patch 1.04 and the No AH Challenge Hello fellow Australians! I have taken a month hiatus from diablo 3 due to a general feeling of boredom and discontent with the game as a whole. I've spent a lot of time thinking about what is wrong with the game and why when I play the fun doesn't seem to be happening. This has been discussed on these forums a million times but I'm going to point out a few things, in order of importance: 1) All classes have essential skills which limit diversity 2) Skills and runes can never be improved once they are unlocked, no 20+ projectile charged bolts for example. 3) Good gear 'never' drops because the AH always has better 4) Gear is boring because there are no truly interesting procs or effects that change play style 5) Testing new builds is too convenient, allowing ‘best builds’ to be determined by the community way too quickly. I've been awaiting patch 1.04 for a long time hoping it will address some of these issues and from the class previews, it just might be the fix I'm looking for. Issue 1) and 4) looks like they'll be vastly improved, though I wish more interesting properties were revealed for non-legendaries too. I know I was insulted when the devs stated that all players just went for the highest damage elemental weapons so they removed the other effects. I would glady sacrifice some DPS for stunning lighting, burning fire, slowing arcane, poison dots and chilling cold weapons for example. I think the new legendary procs will also help in with issue 5) as builds are made to take full advantage of these new properties, the whole process slowed by needing to find the ultimately rare item needed to facilitate these hypothetical builds. To address issue 3) I'm just going to reroll without touching the AH to buy items. I'll allow myself to buy reagents and gems with my excess gold instead. Hopefully my love the game is reignited when I am forced to craft and find items the way the devs intended. I think it's really obvious they underestimated the power of the AH and didn't expect us to be all over it from NM onwards... The reason for that baffles me considering monsters only ever drop gear several levels lower than the play is expected to be at any given moment. The only way to get equal level gear is the AH or crafting and the AH is much more cost efficient... I guess they assumed crafting would be a worthwhile alternative for the seller, preventing the flood of cheap, awesome gear on the AH while levelling. But I guess hindsight is 20:20. In my mind all they need to do to fix this is make monsters drop items closer to the character level more often and make crafting better – which is simply a matter of having some crafted items (rares especially) roll a few predetermined main stats, daibos always rolling dexterity, wands always having intelligence, that kind of thing. Haven’t heard much about this planned for 1.04, but I have hope for the future. Issue 2) is a big one that isn’t being addressed. I have no idea how this could happen given the new skill structure, I suppose skill specific procs on items would be the only way – and a couple of these exist already. But again, I have hope for the future. Is anyone else really excited to redo the whole diablo adventure as it was meant to be? Not what it was?Dynamin12 Aug 23, 2012
Aug 23, 2012 Patch notes for 1.0.4 are now out I am sure you are all aware of the big changes coming in the next patch so here is the link to the patch note thread. I would post it here but there are too many changes to list! So what is the general thinking from the Aus/NZ community on the changes in 1.0.4.?Arcagnion39 Aug 23, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Blizzard, the new Incompetent This happened to me the last time Blizzard updated their OS. Why the hell do they think that shutting Australian players out is ok, its not and I am angry. Its not up to me to go into my computers operating system and write programming, its up to Blizzard to provide the product I paid for!Mich6 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 ...did the patch get pushed? Yeah, so I logged in this morning and noticed that my client is still sitting at 1.0.3 - I thought that was a little peculiar as I believe the maintenance for the Brisbane area was to end around 11:00pm last night (found another thread somewhere that talked about maintenance windows around Australia and New Zealand). Anyway, I found another thread (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368568732) and decided to give these instructions a go. I don't mind redownloading the 8.1GB - if I find out that I did all this for nothing, well, whatever ...I'm all good lol. Can anyone confirm for me if they've successfully installed 1.0.4 or if I'm on a wild goose chase doing a workaround for a patch that isn't even released yet lolmoah5 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Fix for patch 1.04 and it worked This is a share from another thread... posting for all users whom are troubled by the patch. if you want to get on by changing ur files. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669?page=1 this work around is correct. I have windows 7. just to let you know follow these steps: 1. Go in your Diablo III folder. 2. Open the .agent.db file on WordPad.(This file may be hidden and please, do not delete this file) 3. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to: http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch 4. Save and close the file. 5. when you have done this do a search for this folder C:\ProgramData\Battle.net it will take you to a hidden folder. 6. Once inside the Battle.net folder, select and delete the Agent folder. (don't skip this step) 7. Start the Launcher. and you will be able to play the game just like me. if you did a mistake and deleted the agent.db FILE instead of the FOLDER in the hidden folder. i hope for your sake its still in the rubbish bin. just remeber when following the instructions: agent.db file Agent folder these are 2 different things i hope this helps yaLazyPho18 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Game already running..? When I log in, it says "a new patch is available" and takes me to the game loading page to 'update' but then it says "game is already running" and turns off w.t.f? This happend before, so I did that changing the update server to US server through some coding !@#$... but.. again..? what is going on...Hassassin19 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Latency blues http://delimiter.com.au/2012/05/29/diablo-iii-latency-blizzard-faces-angry-aussie-horde/ may = nothing Aug = nothing truely pathetic, don't insult my intelligence by telling me you can "fix" the lagg without a Australian server.eberhard0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 NZ/AUS time friendly Crafter Linked from http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079609036?page=1#3 +6 Gloves/Boots/Bracers Flawless/Perfect Star Emeralds. I live in Tokyo, so I am only an hour off of my friends down south. I like to get enough viewers on stream to start live auctions and free giveaways and you guys are my best best with the time zone difference. Anyways the detiails on crafts below: As the title claims, I charge nothing besides the required raw materials and the npc crafter fee. I have a stream available on demand. Instagibbed#1994 www.twitch.tv/instagib87 (stream upon request- usually not up unless im doing free giveaways or live actions as I have a monthly bandwidth limit) Flawless star 1.9 *** Perfect Star 5.9 *** +6 Boots/Bracers (with my mats) 180k*** *Use the multiplier from the spreadsheet that is off of my stream site for the price change due to influx* Boots and Bracers are at cost crafting (all you supply is mats and crafting fee) Any tips are appreciated.Instagibbed161 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 What PC hardware are we all using? ... I'm curious too. PC = Self built May 2010. NZXT Lexa Redline case Thermaltake 600W PSU Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6 AM3 PhenomII Quad 965 Black edition @3.4Ghz Kingston 16GB DDR3 @1333 Asus 1Gb GDDR5 Radeon EAH5770 PCI-e x16 1TB Seagate SATAII + 2x500GB Seagate SATA Blu-ray ROM + 16x DVD+RW 20.5" BENQ widescreen LCD @ 1680x1050 + Philips 170B4 @ 1280x1024 Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Basic Dell keyboard Logitech M500 wired mouse Bose CompanionII desktop speakers. Internet - Wired to ADSL2 modem/router. Shared with 4 other PCs and multiple wireless devices (ipods, tablet, DSi, etc) **Edit: Play with all settings on Max.smurfynz34 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 PATCH 1.04 LOCKUPS-GAME CRASH what the hell is wrong with this new patch. ever since I installed this my screen locks up every 1-2 minutes when I am playing. The game is also randomly crashing whats up with that ?RUDEBOY0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 cant dnld patch what willl i do with my life? So patch wont dnld, getting fking loop over and over again and then i suddnly realised......hang on i have a life outside of diablo dont i?......so i spoke to my misses for once, watched a movie and had a few beers, i might even get lucky.........wow thankyou "no patch" my life may be back in order until 2moro..................Willow3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Nice screw up Blizzard!!! Re-install game client to fix patch loop!.... 15 GIG gonna eat into my ISP DL limit.. bastards!TheFunkDr3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Move Server? Hi Guys, haven't been on the forum before so i didn't know that in Oz we should have used the American Server. I started a game with the Asia Server and am now having the Patch Loop problem. I can wait until tomorrow to play, I suppose, but I was wondering if there was any way to move your Hero from one server to the other? I am running the US Client. Having the Hero on the American Server would just solve this for me. Thanks for your help.Sciriez4 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 dual cri ring for monk or DH! GODLY!!! 33 min dmg 79 dex 33 int 163 LOH 111 armor 23 cri dmg 4 % cri offer pleaseshoo3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Diablo 3 wont reinstall I uninstalled the diablo 3 client after suffering the patching loop, and am currently trying to reinstall it, it will not go past 0% for the past 20 minutes. ive tried my disk and ive tried downloading the US client, niether approach works, i am getting very frustrated as this is just the straw that breaks the camels back after the nightmares ive faced with this game over the past 24 hours, first no notice of downed servers, then an hour trying to fix the patching loop now unable to install at all. im starting to lose itSpyda8 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 2 hours played. 2 New Legedaries! Liking new patch! Both found from regular skeletons, one in act 1 the other in act 3. Weird! One is a sick Schafers Hammer!LightBringer11 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 29 hours, gotta sleep *Patch Errors Fix* Ok guys, been up for 29 hours almost 30, I'm dead tired. If you still can not login then it is the patch loop, see my thread here on how to fix it ok: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368568732 I'll try and reply to any further questions in the morning to help people more. If you don't want to change things then it will fix itself in time, just not till sometime tomorrow when all the different servers get patched. Good night sweet forums! and Goodluck!Narull0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Anyone in new zealand able to loggin yet? Anyone patched, logged in an played yet??Raverant26 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Wat the F...? Okay heres wat happened. I ran the launcher and it started to download !@#$ing 2.60GB patch, so I was like wtf??? but I did download it all just in case, and got into menu, and i saw this 1.03 on bottom left corner, drivin me crazy. It keeps on saying that theres new patch for diablo 3 >( and whenever I click ok and continue this launcher thing pops up and tells me that diablo is already running and does nothing. %^-*? can anyone help plzzzzSG394 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 diablo 3 is already running ok, so i change my log in to the US servers (edit the agent.mb' file) and now i see 'diablo 3 is already running' and it closes any suggestions?RobdaFrog1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Patching problems So I load up the game and it say its up to date even though I havn't downloaded it yet then when i log into the game it says a patch is required and then doersn't do anything........Is this the patching loop thing i need to fix?ScottyDont10 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 What time is patch live for SEA? I'm getting the patch loop, tried Narull's fix etc. Doesn't work, and re-downloading the enUS client is not an option for me. What time will the patch be live in our region? EDIT: Turns out I was editting the wrong agent.db file, as there is one in the Diablo3 directory. Even more +1's to Narull for keeping on top of everything for just about everyone.Guyskee35 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Narull, question.. So if i have an asian copy will it automatically update when there server goes live? or will i have to reinstall client anywaysJoePopN1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Why are LoH builds no longer viable? I've seen this said a few times in the Trade/Class channels but I can't see anything in the patch notes along those lines. Maybe I haven't read them carefully enough... but I'm lazy and if someone could confirm or deny it for me that would be great. :)Kalix10 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Perth Diablo 3 Players Hi Guys, anyone from Perth WA playing here? please add me guys - Nikeboy1984#6661 Cyah in the game!Nikeboy19847 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 account hacked YES it happened my computer is 100 percent secure no way it was my fault, amazingly he did it while i was playing got a error code someone has logged into your account from a different computer, i can only hope that blizzard has some form of IP log on every account. ALSO when i finally got my password reset OFC everything was gone and 1 person on my friends list by the name of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx whom quickly removed/blocked me. so now im going through account recovery process apparently 6-12 hours everything is restored. i would like BNET to remove the battlenet usernames from being seeable ingame until that is dont i will be playing with trusted friends only. Also ill find out about getting a authenticator device once it restored, but seriously i was hack and it was no fault of my own (appart from authenticator) which i woulda had if i knew about it lol.Executioner18 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 so what time will we get the patch SEA? My settings are: English (SEA) server - Americas Im still just getting the patch loop. Does anyone know what time (sydney time) the patch will be available for me?Willow6 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Are the Servers still down?? @ 7:23 am est. Hey just wondering are the servers still down? And if so for how long as i have woken early to get a couple hours gameplay in today before work and some quick communication might help me vent some early frustration. P.S Still cannot believe how long i spend searching around forums and not playing this game..schmidty20123 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 new patch what time will aus users be able to log onto Americas battle net after new patch 22/08/2012?DaveyBoy6 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 New Patch There seems to be a new patch, but can't open Dialbo 111 to play. Just tells me it is being attached and to wait, then nothing. Ruins things can't play my game.Azurewrath1 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Help I try to log onto my Diablo III account, then it says i need the new patch and goes amd re-opens a new diablo 3 starter, then it goes diablo 3 is already running. I don't know how to download or get the patch any other way. Help!Stalker2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 authenticator on blackberry Friends recently got hacked, They obviously suggest its a good idea to use the authenticator, in which I download and install on my blackberry. Problem is it doesnt work on my blackberry bold 9700 just get an error msg "Check the reception in your area..... the server may be unavailable...." And yes I have reception and have tried it for the last 2 days. Dont see why I should play without it. Anyone else have issues with blackberry battle.net app?Mercury10 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 WTS Frigid Gash http://imgur.com/vY5yJ Check it out. Random name generator sometimes has some good ones. This cracked me up. Anyone else get some good ones?freebeema3 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 First Time Diablo III Hey guys hows it going? this is my first time playing a Diablo what do you guys recommend any tips things i should know before getting startedHayabusa12 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Why do aussies buy gold from botter? Why support them? There is a gold seller here, his name is Feartec. All it takes is a single look at his profile and you would know that he is a botter. Why support botters?? He can deny it or whatnot but profiles don't lie and he has killed 113,000 elites... I have 300h of play so far and have killed 8000 elites..so to get 113k elite kills that means you he has spent 14 times as many hours as me. That's 4200 hours over 3 months...or equivalent to 46 hours a day.... Why do you guys buy gold from him?MimiCucu4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 1.0.4 Auction House Updates (finally!) Just thought I'd post again for those who like to avoid general(shiver) finally getting some good AH updates in 1.0.4! What do you all think? its not perfect but its way better then it was! and hey gold for $1 a million on the RMAH, the sellers on here might go away!(keep dreaming narull) ...Narull9 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Disapointed with D3 I finely made it to 60 and found item drop is so bad you have to farm for gold to get any good or even a half good item ????. This make this game suck, How do you expect people to progress in this game with out getting some good drops to help?? Being killed over & over by elite & other mobs that gang up on you. It would seam that Blizzard is still thinking inside a small box. D3 is only half as good as DL0D2 in terms of item drop & rate that you can use. What is with the same repeated game play for every difficulty = small thinking box again. You should of made each level of difficulty a new main boss up to killing Diablo in Inferno that would be better than repeating over and over the same game play. Sorry Blizz but 10 years to make this lol more like cashing in on peoples Hight expectations of a good game.BoyZie24 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Inferno ghom help Currently need help with ghom. since i play wizard build of blizz/hydra, his poison gas just eats my hp away in seconds. Tag: nitronium#6160 Cheers nitroNitronium2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 FEARTEC: 2 MILLION GOLD GIVEAWAY =CLOSED= The winners are malice & NegativeBeat! ===========THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED========== ************************************************** Proudly sponsored by my gold selling service!!! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6308362249 ************************************************** Fun little competition! I'll pick the best 2 addons to the following: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue... . . . . . Disclaimer: I have a great sense of humour, but keep it within forum rules... No 'Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I'll fk you with a rake' comments.Feartec21 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Need suggestion: Inferno Diablo w/ Wizard Need suggestion... at the moment struggle at fighting the clones in Diabloe fight Phase 2. Phase 1 is easy, but in phase 2 I got instane killed everytime by my clone. Tried time bubbles, diamond skin, teleport, keep running, etc... no luck. The worst is even playing with friends, they all also instane killed by my clone too. Does anyone get luck to finish Diablo especially on a critical mass build?wkthyk17 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Introducing the Paragon System! (woot!) So for all who haven't seen the post yet check this out! God damn I'll admit I'm excited, an extra 100 'lvls' free magic find? Hell yes please! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517/Introducing_the_Paragon_System-8_20_2012 Check it out guys! This should be awesome. Whats your thoughts on it? (I'm sure someone won't like it for some reason, I look forward to seeing why XD )Narull15 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 FEARTEC#6296 is a botter so why buy from him? All it takes is a single look at his profile and you would know that he is a botter. Why support botters?? He can deny it or whatnot but profiles don't lie and he has killed 113,000 elites... I have 300h of play so far and have killed 8000 elites..so to get 113k elite kills that means he has spent 14 times as many hours as I did. That's 4200 hours over 3 months...or equivalent to 46 hours a day.... Why do you guys buy gold from him? The dude currently has 15k elite kills but if you check his old post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5959926342 He had 113k+ kills. If you add the known number together then you get 113k + 15k = 128k elite kills, which is impossible for a human being. This proves that he has multiple accounts and that he is a botter.MimiCucu15 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 free boss kills I'm bored atm anyone need a boss killed for them?Lumtar2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 free farming act 2 im gonna farm act 2 soon, any1 who wants to join just add me or just add me if u wanna farm some other time Jaydawg#6763JayDAWG2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 WTB Upgrades for Barb Hey all, Just trying to upgrade some of my Barb gears atm and am sick of scoping the AH for overpriced jargon... so I'm coming here in the hope for fairer and better deals! My budget isn't ridiculously high (around 13mil total), but can still get a handful of decent items from the AH with this amount so presume on the forums i can get as good or better deals. My main wants: Weapon (1H) - main stats looking for (in order of preference): 800+ dmg 500+ base LoH Crit Dmg Socket Str (ideally 150+ if it doesnt have some of the above stats) Vit Chest - main stats looking for (in order of preference): 70+ Res all 200+ combined base Str/Vit 2+ sockets 300+ life regen Ring - main stats looking for (in order of preference): 250+ LoH 5%+ IAS Res All Crit Chance 100+ Str Crit Dmg 80+ Vit or % Life Socket Amulet - main stats looking for (in order of preference): 350+ LoH 7%+ IAS Res All Crit Chance 100+ Str Crit Dmg 80+ Vit or % Life Socket Feel free to check out my profile and compare what you are wanting to offer or if you think you have gloves/boots/shoulders/bracers/pants/shield that i may find useful - as a general rule i am looking to better the main Barb stats of: Res all, IAS, Str, Crit chance+dmg and Vit. Shoot me a PM, post in this thread or in game at husckain#1793 with your item details AND your price (please don't ask me to offer, tis your item, you're the seller, you should know the value you're wanting :-D)Husckain4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Full patch note! Under http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147 Way too big to copy and paste!SlaX1 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 20, 2012 HC Seller: Needed Anyone want to sell some of my extra gear on the HC AH? 50/50 on the gold, Items are low & usually 20k-100k but you can sell them for what ever you want. AlvisAlvis1 Aug 20, 2012
Aug 20, 2012 Put FEARTEC the gold botter out of business.. All it takes is a single look at his profile and you would know that he is a botter. Why support botters?? He can deny it or whatnot but profiles don't lie and he has killed 113,000 elites... I have 300h of play so far and have killed 8000 elites..so to get 113k elite kills that means he has spent 14 times as many hours as I did. That's 4200 hours over 3 months...or equivalent to 46 hours a day.... Why do you guys buy gold from him? The dude currently has 15k elite kills but if you check his old post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5959926342 He had 113k+ kills. If you add the known number together then you get 113k + 15k = 128k elite kills, which is impossible for a human being. This proves that he has multiple accounts and that he is a botter. So only god know many elite kills he actually have....MimiCucu5 Aug 20, 2012
Aug 20, 2012 ~ I really wish they'd let you delete posts.Affirmative2 Aug 20, 2012
Aug 20, 2012 FEARTEC: 5 MILLION GOLD GIVEAWAY 16/8/2012!! CLOSED FOR NOW ***************************************************************************** Proudly sponsored by my gold selling service!!! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6308362249 $1.25/MIL - Half the price of RMAH! = 10c/mil discount for return customers! ***************************************************************************** Giving away 5 MILLION GOLD to celeberate today's AWESOME sales figures. Today I sold 140 MILLION GOLD So to thank you all for your help, I'm giving away 5 million gold!!! THE FIRST 10 PEOPLE TO BE NOMINATED & POST IN THE THREAD WILL RECEIVE GOLD! --------------------------------------------------------- Here's the catch: You have to nominate a person to give it to, and get them to post in this thread! -------------------------------------- Step 1: Post in the thread with the name of your friend! Step 2: Get your friend to post in the thread and saying who referred them :D Step 3: Friend receives 500 THOUSAND GOLD =============================== Terms and conditions: - Only allowed to nominate one person, or be nominated. This is about giving to those in need! - YOU CAN'T NOMINATE EACH OTHER. (Once you nominate someone, you are ineligible to receive gold) ================================= CAN THE PEOPLE'S WHO'S NAMES ARE IN BOLD PLEASE ADD ME TO FRIENDS! Kalix #1100 nominated Arcagnion (who has not yet appeared here) Madman #1924 nominated V3rM1n80r1 #6206 l2am #1817 nominated Mines #302 Darksider #6667 nominated Kalix #1100 (but Kalix has nominated someone??) I nominated TIENBULA#6570 TIENBULA#6570 nominated Meimei#6449 (not yet here either) chess #1900 nominated Bashiok (not here either) kyokei #1158 nominated malice #1232 haja #6128 nominated Windslot (not here) DREWZTEN #6823 nominated devourer (not here)Feartec24 Aug 20, 2012