Technical Support

May 17, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Before Posting Welcome to the Technical Support forum for Diablo III. This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account.http://battle.net/support/article/contact Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports [/b]should be directed to the bug report forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Please refrain from using profanity in your subject lines or thread body. While we do employ a filter that obscures offensive language this does not give license to use it freely. Please make new posts for your own issue, except where a solution has already been posted. Otherwise, please do not change the subject. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but distinct from the original topic means that replies must either ignore your post or that of the original poster. Please post a subject title that provides a clear indication of the problem you are experiencing. Posting something like "Major problem!! Look inside" does not communicate anything about the issue you are facing. Unless addressing an issue not already covered in the in-game alert or the server status forum, please do not create posts relating to server stability or down time. Please refrain from posting commentary or complaints about the game, the support process, or policy enforcement. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but such posts do not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is OK to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting actual info here on the forums is not permitted. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolution to their issues. To help do this we ask that the above guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to this forum. Lastly, please remember that Blizzard provides these forums as a venue for our customers to discuss our games. Posts can be deleted and users may be banned from this site, without prior warning or explanation, at the sole discretion of the forum moderators.Omrakos2 May 17, 2012
May 10, 2012 Basic Setup Troubleshooting Greetings, This thread is designed to help you troubleshoot and resolve installation, patching and connection related type issues. We recommend taking all the steps below before creating a post or contacting Technical Support. Additionally, we recommend checking out our Known Issues sticky (Coming Soon) to make sure you are not running into an issue that has already been reported. 1. Downloading 2. Installing/Patching 3. ConnectingRoraks3 May 10, 2012
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Troubleshooting Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Oct 1, 2015 [Solved] Issues What is this [Solved] tag? We have created a way to mark a thread as [Solved]. If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue, you can mark your post, and the entire thread, as [Solved]. How do I mark my Post and Thread as [Solved}? Hover your mouse over the post that solved your issue, and click on the “Mark As Solution” button (it will appear along with the “Reply” and Quote buttons). The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and [Solved] will be added to the Title of your thread. Who can mark a thread as [Solved]? Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. I see a [Solved] thread. Where’s the solution? The first post will have a link, “Click here to see the solution”. That will take you to the post with a green banner, “Marked As Solution”. What if I mark another post as a solution? That one will be “Marked as Solution”, and the previous post will be unmarked. A Note about [Solved] Issues Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Thanks to all of you who post your fixes!Omrakos0 Oct 1, 2015
4d Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Game Crashing Updated Oct 24th, 2016 We have been receiving reports of freezing/crashing after the Windows 10 Anniversary update which appear related to the Game DVR in Windows 10. We have seen that either deleting the D3Prefs.txt file or changing the Diablo III refresh rate variable to 60 or 59 will help stop these crashes Delete the D3Prefs.txt file 1) Close Diablo III and open the Documents folder in Windows. 2) Open the Diablo III folder in Documents folder. 3) Delete the D3Prefs.txt file. or Change the DisplayModeRefreshRate variable 1) Close Diablo III and open the Documents folder in Windows. 2) Open the Diablo III folder in Documents folder. 3) Open the D3Prefs.txt file with notepad. 4) Change the DisplayModeRefreshRate variable to DisplayModeRefreshRate "60" or DisplayModeRefreshRate "59" 5) Save the D3Prefs.txt file. If the steps above did not stop the crashes please try the steps below. Turn off extended Fullscreen Exclusive (eFSE): Open the Game bar by pressing Win+G when the game launches. Select the settings cog. Uncheck the box labeled "Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified." Restart Diablo III. If the above does not resolve the issue, you can disable the Game DVR entirely via the following: Search for "Xbox" and open the Xbox app (You will need to log into your Microsoft Account.) Once open, click on the settings option on the left (Cog Wheel). Click the slider for the game DVR to turn if off. If disabling the game DVR does not resolve the issue, please ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date: NVIDIA video cards AMD video cards Intel video cards Note: if you are impacted by the issue above, we are looking for examples as we investigate the root cause of the problem. Please post a DxDiag file, using the code blocks button </> to enclose the information in a window, like this: DxDiag here Jagowoshi99 4d
Jun 22, 2012 Diablo III common errors and solutions Below are error codes and messages you may experience during installation, gameplay, and client log in. If you are experiencing any of these errors, please follow the steps provided. Installation, Setup and Patching issues "If your installation disc has been ejected, please reinsert and try again. If not, or if you keep seeing this error, log in to Battle.net and install Diablo III digitally" - If you downloaded the installer digitally, this error indicates that it did not convert the files correctly. This can often be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete. To resolve this issue, log into Battle.net and re-run the downloader. Error 108 or "An unexpected decryption error occurred" - This can be caused by corrupted, damaged or incomplete installation files. It can often times be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete. You may be able to fix this by running the downloader and pointing it to the same saved location so that it may scan and download any missing files. Unable to Initalize Streaming - This error can generally be caused by security software on your computer. During this time, however, it's possible that the error is caused by the number of people hitting the servers. Please double check your firewall settings and try again. Updating Setup Files - If you're stuck on "Updating Setup Files" try these troubleshooting steps, as well as these. Some other players have had success with this workaround, but be aware that it is not something we can suggest. Error BLZPTS00007 - This indicates that the Agent support program was unable to run. Try waiting a few minutes, then reattempt. If that fails, restart the computer and try the game again. Should the issue persist, uninstall your current copy of the game and download again from the Battle.net Game Downloads page. Error 3012 and 3014 - Please be sure to uninstall the Beta, and ensure that the Diablo III Beta folder is deleted.Velnrak3 Jun 22, 2012
3d game stuttering after patch. yes my game is stuttering super bad now. tried both reverting 32bit and 64bit. game was perfectly fine solid 150ish fps 2.4.2. hell even on 2.4.3 ptr i was running about 150 fps. but now that its on live im running at 70 and it drops to 20 every 3 ish seconds just standing still. specs: I7 intel 6700, 980TI, 16gb ramBeoArmWar186 3d
Jan 25, 2016 AMD - Desolate Sands crashing The older sticky post we had up for this topic has been removed for the time being as it was advising an unsupported workaround of inserting older driver files into the Diablo III game folder to prevent crashing in certain areas of the game. It now appears that doing so is causing another problem for users who've updated to AMD's new Crimson Edition drivers, prompting the need for those older files to be removed. If you currently use an AMD video card able to use the newer Crimson Edition drivers (currently release 16.8.1), we encourage you to do so as the crashing issue should be fixed with them. If you have a legacy card not supporting the use of the newer drivers, you have the option of using the 16.x Beta Crimson Edition drivers. Note that AMD states "This driver is provided "as is"​ and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes." Please note that this is just for the issue of the game crashing when entering the Desolate Sands area primarily. It is not for another issue we're seeing where the game will suddenly "black" out while the user continues to hear the game sounds in the background. That particular problem is not brand specific, happening to Nvidia and AMD users alike.Omrakos0 Jan 25, 2016
3d Characters Missing or Logging Into The Wrong Region - 1/12/17 Hey folks, We've recently seen some reports of people logging in and noticing that all of their characters are missing. This mainly happens when logging into the wrong region. For example, if your characters are on the US servers and you happen to log into the EU servers, no characters are going to show up because they are saved on the US servers, and not on the EU servers. To resolve this, you would normally just log out and verify that you are logging into the correct region. However, the reports we've been seeing state that setting the client to the correct region in the Battle.net app has not been working. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating the cause of it. In the meantime, if you have verified that your app and game are set to the correct region, and you are still missing your characters, please try the launching D3 manually, since that workaround seems to work. Here's how to do that: 1. Navigate to the Diablo III folder. 2. Locate the Diablo III.exe, right click on it and select Create shortcut. 3. Move the newly created shortcut to the desktop. 4. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties. 5. In the Target field, leave a space after the last quotation mark and add -launch The target line should now look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch 6. Click on the Apply button and use the shortcut to launch the game. When the game loads up, you should see the old login screen which you can now use to log in. Before doing that, check that the correct region is selected. You can seen the region in small font below the login button. If the wrong region is selected, click on Options > Account, and change the region in the Server Region Selection drop down menu. ______________________________________________________ Customer Support Contact InformationDankorii50 3d
4d Logging in to wrong regional server I have downloaded and reinstalled the _EU_ battle net launcher twice and i have reinstalled diablo twice. I checked the battle net launcher login screen so that i'm connected to EU servers and after i login i checked that diablo is set to Europe region. But when i launch the game i get connected to the americas anyway. This is on my macbook, on my PC the game works and i get connected to EU servers. be me be Swedish be in Sweden be on eu Battlenet launcher be on European battle net account with European game keys be playing on americas anyway ples help /swedish plebredji19 4d
Jan 25, 2016 AMD - Desolate Sands crashing The older sticky post we had up for this topic has been removed for the time being as it was advising an unsupported workaround of inserting older driver files into the Diablo III game folder to prevent crashing in certain areas of the game. It now appears that doing so is causing another problem for users who've updated to AMD's new Crimson Edition drivers, prompting the need for those older files to be removed. If you currently use an AMD video card able to use the newer Crimson Edition drivers (currently release 16.8.1), we encourage you to do so as the crashing issue should be fixed with them. If you have a legacy card not supporting the use of the newer drivers, you have the option of using the 16.x Beta Crimson Edition drivers. Note that AMD states "This driver is provided "as is"​ and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes." Please note that this is just for the issue of the game crashing when entering the Desolate Sands area primarily. It is not for another issue we're seeing where the game will suddenly "black" out while the user continues to hear the game sounds in the background. That particular problem is not brand specific, happening to Nvidia and AMD users alike.Omrakos0 Jan 25, 2016
26m Game won't start in 32-bit Mode I've had nothing but issues like most other people with the latest 2.4.3 patch. I've tried launching my game in 32-bit mode but I keep getting this error code: 5BCA4E5C-281B-4205-81D5-5FBD1BAAEB50 Not sure whats going on, game worked great on 2.4.2. I am currently running an NVIDIA 940M w/ latest drivers and the latest Windows 10 update.Ancientfall0 26m
50m Items in stash not loading ? Every time i get into a new game , i have to wait for my items in my stash , inventory , etc to show up so i can see them. I've tried lowering my textures to "LOW" but didn't see any changes. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and looking for answers ! - thanksZorb5 50m
1h Staff of Herding Hi Guys, I'm having problem finding the last piece to craft the "Staff of Herding". The last piece I'm missing is that "Chiltara" have to drop when spawn in the caverns of the frost (Gibbering Gemstone), However I kill Chiltara so many times and nothing called Gibbering gemstone. This might be a bug or something, have same problem with finding wings in the game!!!Rejev0 1h
1h Mysterious Chest Mysterious Chest I'm having issue to find any wings in the game. I've been playing 3 months and found that chest(Mysterious Chest) over 15 times with 3 different characters and no wings but instead i have King's Ghouls blade every time I open the stash. I think the wings are cool but I'm getting frustrated trying to find one. I think there is a bug which is preventing me to get these. The game was bought in US when I was there last year, then I move back to Europe and did not change account location, can this be the reason why I cant get any wings?!Rejev0 1h
2h Diablo 3 was unable to initialize D3D Getting the error in the title and have tried everything I've been able to find on the forums with no luck. Compatibility modes, d3prefs edits, update/uninstall/re-install video drivers, etc... D3 was running perfect on Windows 7. Recent changes were that I updated to Windows 10 and 2.4.2 installed (I didn't try 2.4.1 on W10). All other Blizzard games (and games/apps in general) are running fine :) My DxDiag is below...any suggestions? Thank you!! ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 8/10/2016, 21:24:36 Machine name: CHRISTOPHER-PC Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.160802-1857) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: DELL Inc. System Model: Studio XPS 435T/9000 BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8182MB RAM Page File: 5030MB used, 11344MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: 11.2 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled Miracast: Not Available Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6898) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Type: Full Device Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00 Display Memory: 4850 MB Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB Shared Memory: 3840 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: VS248 Monitor Id: ACI2498 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: DVI Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,amdxc32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1404 (English) Driver Version: 15.200.1062.1004 DDI Version: 11.2 Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1 Driver Model: WDDM 1.3 Graphics Preemption: DMA Compute Preemption: DMA Miracast: Not Supported Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported Power P-states: Not Supported Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 8/3/2015 12:00:00 AM, 1466744 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BD8-11CF-CE76-0A2BBEC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x1002 Device ID: 0x6898 SubSys ID: 0x0B001002 Revision ID: 0x0000 Driver Strong Name: oem51.inf:cb0ae414154a9e8c:ati2mtag_Evergreen:15.200.1062.1004:pci\ven_1002&dev_6898 Rank Of Driver: 00D12001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported DXVA-HD: Not Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled MPO Caps: Not Supported MPO Stretch: Not Supported MPO Media Hints: Not Supported MPO Formats: Not Supported ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_102802B7&REV_1001 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 10.00.10586.0000 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 10/29/2015 12:00:00 AM, 404480 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_102802B7&REV_1001 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 10.00.10586.0000 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 10/29/2015 12:00:00 AM, 404480 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description: Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C920) Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys Driver Version: 10.00.10586.0000 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 10/30/2015 03:17:19, 131584 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF --------------------- Video Capture Devices Number of Devices: 1 --------------------- FriendlyName: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Location: n/a SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_046d&pid_082d&mi_00#6&2e71206c&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\{bbefb6c7-2fc4-4139-bb8b-a58bba724083} Manufacturer: Logitech HardwareID: USB\VID_046D&PID_082D&REV_0011&MI_00,USB\VID_046D&PID_082D&MI_00 DriverDesc: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 DriverProvider: Logitech DriverVersion: 13.80.853.0 DriverDateEnglish: 10/22/2012 00:00:00 DriverDateLocalized: 10/22/2012 12:00:00 AM Service: LVUVC64 Class: Image DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] ContainerId: {DAA74487-E5BF-58A7-9F12-FC68BED2527C} ProblemCode: No Problem BusReportedDeviceDesc: HD Pro Webcam C920 Parent: USB\VID_046D&PID_082D\D95F561F DriverProblemDesc: n/a UpperFilters: n/a LowerFilters: n/a Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\LVUVC64,\Driver\usbccgp ContainerCategory: Imaging.Webcam ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name: Mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Corsair K70 Gaming Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1B09 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x006D FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x006D FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Corsair composite virtual input device Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1BF0 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x006D FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x006D FF Driver: n/a Poll w/ Interrupt: No ----------- USB Devices ----------- + USB Root Hub | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x3A36 | Matching Device ID: USB\ROOT_HUB | Service: usbhub | Driver: usbhub.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes | Driver: usbd.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 30048 bytes | +-+ USB Composite Device | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1B09 | | Location: Port_#0002.Hub_#0007 | | Matching Device ID: USB\COMPOSITE | | Service: usbccgp | | Driver: usbccgp.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 159072 bytes | | | +-+ Corsair K70 Gaming Keyboard | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1B09 | | | Location: 0000.001d.0002.002.000.000.000.000.000 | | | Matching Device ID: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B09&MI_00 | | | Lower Filters: CORK70 | | | Service: HidUsb | | | Driver: CORK70.sys, 10/31/2012 16:55:40, 25600 bytes | | | | | +-+ HID Keyboard Device | | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1B09 | | | | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD | | | | Service: kbdhid | | | | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | | | | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | | | | +-+ USB Input Device | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1B09 | | | Location: 0000.001d.0002.002.000.000.000.000.000 | | | Matching Device ID: USB\Class_03 | | | Service: HidUsb | | | Driver: hidusb.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 38400 bytes | | | Driver: hidclass.sys, 5/28/2016 00:23:26, 155136 bytes | | | Driver: hidparse.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 40448 bytes | | | | | +-+ HID Keyboard Device | | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x1B09 | | | | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD | | | | Service: kbdhid | | | | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | | | | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | + USB Root Hub | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x3A37 | Matching Device ID: USB\ROOT_HUB | Service: usbhub | Driver: usbhub.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes | Driver: usbd.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 30048 bytes | +-+ Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Black | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1532, 0x0029 | | Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0001 | | Matching Device ID: USB\VID_1532&PID_0029&REV_0100 | | Lower Filters: rzdaendpt | | Service: HidUsb | | Driver: rzdaendpt.sys, 8/13/2015 11:36:50, 43720 bytes | | Driver: hidusb.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 38400 bytes | | Driver: hidclass.sys, 5/28/2016 00:23:26, 155136 bytes | | Driver: hidparse.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 40448 bytes | | Driver: WdfCoInstaller01009.dll, 8/13/2015 11:36:52, 1731848 bytes | | | +-+ Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Black | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1532, 0x0029 | | | Matching Device ID: HID\VID_1532&PID_0029&REV_0100 | | | Upper Filters: rzudd | | | Service: mouhid | | | Driver: rzudd.sys, 8/13/2015 11:36:50, 202952 bytes | | | Driver: mouhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 32256 bytes | | | Driver: mouclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 59232 bytes | | | Driver: WdfCoInstaller01009.dll, 8/13/2015 11:36:52, 1731848 bytes | | | | +-+ Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Black Keyboard | | | Location: Razer Keyboard | | | Matching Device ID: {26EA057E-3926-43C6-B752-353F3D0BF493}\HID_DEVICE | | | Upper Filters: mshidkmdf | | | Service: rzvkeyboard | | | Driver: rzvkeyboard.sys, 8/13/2015 11:36:50, 44232 bytes | | | | | +-+ Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Black | | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1532, 0x0029 | | | | Matching Device ID: HID\VID_1532&PID_0029&MI_02 | | | | Upper Filters: rzudd | | | | Service: kbdhid | | | | Driver: rzudd.sys, 8/13/2015 11:36:50, 202952 bytes | | | | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | | | | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | | | | Driver: WdfCoInstaller01009.dll, 8/13/2015 11:36:52, 1731848 bytes ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS/2 Devices ------------ + HID Keyboard Device | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD | Service: kbdhid | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | + HID Keyboard Device | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD | Service: kbdhid | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | + Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys | Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID\IrDeviceV2&Col05 | Service: kbdhid | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | + Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard | Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID\IrDeviceV2&Col06 | Service: kbdhid | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | + Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard | Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID\IrDeviceV2&Col07 | Service: kbdhid | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 36864 bytes | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 62304 bytes | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE | Service: mouhid | Driver: mouhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 32256 bytes | Driver: mouclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 59232 bytes | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1B1C, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE | Service: mouhid | Driver: mouhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 32256 bytes | Driver: mouclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 59232 bytes | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0000 | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE | Service: mouhid | Driver: mouhid.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 32256 bytes | Driver: mouclass.sys, 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 59232 bytes ------------------------ Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives ------------------------ Drive: C: Free Space: 18.0 GB Total Space: 476.4 GB File System: NTFS Model: Crucial_CT500MX200SSD1 Drive: D: Free Space: 266.3 GB Total Space: 1907.7 GB File System: NTFS Model: ST2000DM001-1CH164 Drive: I: Free Space: 637.1 GB Total Space: 944.5 GB File System: NTFS Model: WDC WD1001FALS-75J7B0 Drive: J: Free Space: 4.1 GB Total Space: 9.3 GB File System: NTFS Model: WDC WD1001FALS-75J7B0 -------------- System Devices -------------- Name: Registers Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3423&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_13\3&11583659&0&A2 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A35&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E9 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 35328 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_340A&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_13\3&11583659&0&18 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A38&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D1 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 35328 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: SM Bus Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A30&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FB Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3C&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D7 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 95584 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: LPC Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A16&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&F8 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\msisadrv.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 18784 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A44&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E2 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: Standard SATA AHCI Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FA Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\storahci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 133984 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3410&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_13\3&11583659&0&48 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A36&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&EA Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 35328 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: Registers Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3438&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_13\3&11583659&0&A3 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3A&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&EF Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 95584 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A39&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D2 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 35328 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_340E&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_13\3&11583659&0&38 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2380&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\4&380C3CBC&0&00E4 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\1394ohci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:22, 235520 bytes Name: High Definition Audio Bus Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA50&SUBSYS_AA501002&REV_00\4&22063C0D&0&0118 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\amdkmafd.sys, 8.14.0001.6003 (English), 6/3/2015 09:35:36, 31992 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:18, 79872 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\drmk.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:19, 97280 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\portcls.sys, 10.00.10586.0212 (English), 3/29/2016 03:34:50, 333824 bytes Name: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_02\4&22BD4E0B&0&00E2 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rt640x64.sys, 9.01.0402.2015 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 589824 bytes Name: IO Hub to ESI Port Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3405&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_13\3&11583659&0&00 Driver: n/a Name: Registers Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3422&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_13\3&11583659&0&A1 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A34&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E8 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 35328 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: Registers Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_342E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_13\3&11583659&0&A0 Driver: n/a Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_90\3&11583659&0&F0 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A48&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E4 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3408&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_13\3&11583659&0&08 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A40&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E0 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A37&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D0 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 35328 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 454496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 500064 bytes Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_03\4&1325EDAB&0&00E3 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 16224 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 52064 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 28512 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ataport.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:23, 192864 bytes Name: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00\4&22063C0D&0&0018 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, 8.01.0001.1500 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 21631512 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2erec.dll, 1.00.0000.0024 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 52248 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\amdacpksd.sys, 2.15.0030.0019 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 306424 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiumd64.dll, 9.14.0010.1128 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 8867048 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiumd6a.dll, 8.14.0010.0513 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 8981312 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atitmm64.dll, 6.14.0011.0025 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 199704 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdpcom64.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 88032 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atimpc64.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 89560 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll, 7.15.0020.1301 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 1256472 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiumd6a.cap, 8/8/2015 10:05:32, 3437632 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atimuixx.dll, 6.14.0010.1002 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 38424 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.exe, 6.14.0010.1001 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 375832 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvsva.dat, 11/4/2015 22:24:18, 157144 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvsvl.dat, 11/4/2015 22:24:18, 204952 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_cik.dat, 5/29/2015 02:00:42, 234420 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_cik_nd.dat, 5/29/2015 01:58:32, 232752 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativce02.dat, 8/8/2015 10:05:38, 100816 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdmmcl6.dll, 1.06.0000.0000 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 59416 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiesrxx.exe, 6.14.0011.1199 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 255512 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atieclxx.exe, 6.14.0011.1199 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 681496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atidemgy.dll, 4.05.5693.38038 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 451096 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atio6axx.dll, 6.14.0010.13399 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:18, 30762496 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticalrt64.dll, 6.14.0010.1848 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 71192 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticalcl64.dll, 6.14.0010.1848 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 64536 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticaldd64.dll, 6.14.0010.1848 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 15725592 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.blb, 8/8/2015 10:05:04, 660928 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdmiracast.dll, 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 471352 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdhdl64.dll, 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 143376 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsa-thunk64.dll, 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 111640 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdmantle64.dll, 9.01.0010.0077 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 6486032 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mantle64.dll, 9.01.0010.0077 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 136216 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mantleaxl64.dll, 9.01.0010.0077 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 102424 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativce03.dat, 8/8/2015 10:05:38, 169152 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_vi.dat, 5/29/2015 02:10:58, 322868 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_vi_nd.dat, 5/29/2015 02:08:18, 321200 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_cz_nd.dat, 5/29/2015 02:21:32, 255808 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amde31a.dat, 8/8/2015 10:03:56, 167456 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\detoured.dll, 2.01.0000.0207 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 12824 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdgfxinfo64.dll, 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 213520 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atieah64.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 168984 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_FJ.dat, 5/29/2015 02:17:24, 250884 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxy_FJ_nd.dat, 5/29/2015 02:15:12, 249088 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdocl12cl64.dll, 0.08.0000.0000 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 27544600 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdicdxx.dat, 8/8/2015 10:03:58, 833798 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiicdxx.dat, 11/6/2014 11:53:26, 737410 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atidxx64.dll, 8.17.0010.0625 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 12062080 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiumdag.dll, 9.14.0010.1128 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 7484112 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiumdva.dll, 8.14.0010.0513 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 8009376 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdpcom32.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 81200 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atimpc32.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 81200 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiadlxy.dll, 7.15.0020.1301 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 935448 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiadlxx.dll, 7.15.0020.1301 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 935448 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiumdva.cap, 8/8/2015 10:05:36, 3471376 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ativvsva.dat, 11/4/2015 22:24:18, 157144 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ativvsvl.dat, 11/4/2015 22:24:18, 204952 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdmmcl.dll, 1.06.0000.0000 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 48144 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atioglxx.dll, 6.14.0010.13399 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:18, 25308696 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atidxx32.dll, 8.17.0010.0625 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 10191296 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\aticalrt.dll, 6.14.0010.1848 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 60952 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\aticalcl.dll, 6.14.0010.1848 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 57880 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\aticaldd.dll, 6.14.0010.1848 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 14310936 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiapfxx.blb, 8/8/2015 10:05:04, 660928 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdhdl32.dll, 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 132120 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\hsa-thunk.dll, 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 111128 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdmantle32.dll, 9.01.0010.0077 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 5077016 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mantle32.dll, 9.01.0010.0077 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 122392 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mantleaxl32.dll, 9.01.0010.0077 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 96776 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\detoured.dll, 2.01.0000.0207 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 12816 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdgfxinfo32.dll, 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 198680 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atieah32.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 152592 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdocl12cl.dll, 0.08.0000.0000 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 22327320 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIODCLI.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 59928 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIODE.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 341528 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 673816 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiu9p64.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 130104 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiuxp64.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 162272 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atig6txx.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 165400 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiglpxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 78360 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticfx64.dll, 8.17.0010.1404 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 1466744 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdxc64.dll, 8.18.0010.0041 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 9191344 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\aticfx32.dll, 8.17.0010.1404 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 1213224 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdxc32.dll, 8.18.0010.0041 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 7575696 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OpenCL.dll, 2.00.0004.0000 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 73752 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdocl64.dll, 10.00.1800.0008 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 47795720 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdocl_as64.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 1196072 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdocl_ld64.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 1070632 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\clinfo.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 243736 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\OpenCL.dll, 2.00.0004.0000 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 68120 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdocl.dll, 10.00.1800.0008 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 39723024 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdocl_as32.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 1004072 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\amdocl_ld32.exe, 8/9/2015 01:10:12, 807464 bytes Driver: C:\Program Files\AMD\amdkmpfd\amdkmpfd.stz, 8.14.0001.6028 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 82704 bytes Driver: C:\Program Files\AMD\amdkmpfd\amdkmpfd.itz, 6/4/2015 01:56:58, 1988 bytes Driver: C:\Program Files\AMD\amdkmpfd\amdkmpfd.ctz, 6/4/2015 02:05:54, 9805 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atig6pxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 83992 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiu9pag.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:36, 112400 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiuxpag.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:13:38, 144608 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atigktxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 150552 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\atiglpxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6463 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:14, 78360 bytes Driver: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Multimedia\AMDhwDecoder_32.dll, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 217624 bytes Driver: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Multimedia\AMDhwDecoder_64.dll, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:10, 255000 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\coinst_15.20.dll, 1.00.0005.0009 (English), 8/9/2015 01:10:16, 874520 bytes Name: High Definition Audio Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3E&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D8 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:18, 79872 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\drmk.sys, 10.00.10586.0000 (English), 10/30/2015 03:17:19, 97280 bytes Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\portcls.sys, 10.00.10586.0212 (English), 3/29/2016 03:34:50, 333824 bytes Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A46&SUBSYS_02B71028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E3 Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 10.00.10586.0545 (English), 8/3/2016 06:22:39, 331616 bytes ------------------ DirectShow Filters ------------------ DirectShow Filters: WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,10.00.10586.0063 WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,10.00.10586.0063 WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,10.00.10586.0063 MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,10.00.10586.0063 Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,10.00.10586.0000 WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,10.00.10586.0000 WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,10.00.10586.0000 DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.10586.0000 AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.10586.0494 Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,12.00.10547.1000 AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,10.00.10586.0000 StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.10586.0494 MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,10.00.10586.0000 ATI MPEG File Writer,0x00200000,1,0,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 AMD Video Decoder,0x00200000,1,2,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,10.00.10586.0000 SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.10586.0494 Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,12.00.10586.0035 Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,12.00.10586.0035 ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 AMD MJPEG Decoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.10586.0494 Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,, Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 AMD Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 ATI MPEG Multiplexer,0x00200000,2,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,10.00.10586.0000 WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.10586.0000 VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax, File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,10.00.10586.0000 AMD Video Scaler Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,10.00.10586.0494 Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,, Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,12.00.10586.0035 WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,10.00.10586.0000 MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,10.00.10586.0000 DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,10.00.10586.0000 SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,10.00.10586.0063 Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,10.00.10586.0063 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,10.00.10586.0000 StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.10586.0494 Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,, AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 AMD Video Rotation Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,12.00.10547.1000 StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.10586.0494 AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,10.00.10586.0071 BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,10.00.10586.0000 MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices: Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 Video Compressors: WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,10.00.10586.0000 WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,10.00.10586.0000 MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,10.00.10586.0000 DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,10.00.10586.0000 MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Audio Compressors: WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,10.00.10586.0063 WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,10.00.10586.0000 ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,13.30.0000.41120 IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Audio Capture Sources: Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C920),0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,10.00.10586.0000 PBDA CP Filters: PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,10.00.10586.0000 PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,10.00.10586.0000 PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Midi Renderers: Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 WDM Streaming Capture Devices: HD Pro Webcam C920,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 WDM Streaming Rendering Devices: HD Audio HDMI out,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 HD Audio Speaker,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 HD Audio SPDIF out,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 BDA Network Providers: Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,10.00.10586.0000 Video Capture Sources: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs: VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,10.00.10586.0000 BDA Transport Information Renderers: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,10.00.10586.0000 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,10.00.10586.0000 BDA CP/CA Filters: Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,10.00.10586.0000 Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,10.00.10586.0000 PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,10.00.10586.0000 XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,10.00.10586.0000 WDM Streaming Communication Transforms: Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,10.00.10586.0063 Audio Renderers: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 DirectSound: Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 DirectSound: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.10586.0071 ---------------------------- Preferred DirectShow Filters ---------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DirectShow\Preferred] <media subtype GUID>, [<filter friendly name>, ]<filter CLSID> MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1Payload, MPEG Video Decoder, CLSID_CMpegVideoCodec MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1Packet, MPEG Video Decoder, CLSID_CMpegVideoCodec MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_LPCM_AUDIO, Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2AudDecoderDS MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2AudDecoderDS MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2VidDecoderDS {78766964-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject {7634706D-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_mp4s, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject {6C737664-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, DV Video Decoder, CLSID_DVVideoCodec {64737664-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, DV Video Decoder, CLSID_DVVideoCodec {64697678-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject {64687664-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, DV Video Decoder, CLSID_DVVideoCodec {58564944-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject {5634504D-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MP4S, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVR, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVP, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MJPG, MJPEG Decompressor, CLSID_MjpegDec {44495658-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVA, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_mpg4, Mpeg4 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MPG4, Mpeg4 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_h264, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2VidDecoderDS MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2VidDecoderDS MEDIASUBTYPE_WMV3, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_mp43, Mpeg43 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg43DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MP43, Mpeg43 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg43DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_m4s2, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMV2, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MSS2, WMV Screen decoder DMO, CLSID_CMSSCDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_M4S2, Mpeg4s Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WVP2, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_mp42, Mpeg4 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MP42, Mpeg4 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMV1, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MSS1, WMV Screen decoder DMO, CLSID_CMSSCDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WVC1, WMVideo Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_AVC1, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2VidDecoderDS {20637664-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, DV Video Decoder, CLSID_DVVideoCodec MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG_LOAS, Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2AudDecoderDS MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG_ADTS_AAC, Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2AudDecoderDS MEDIASUBTYPE_WMAUDIO_LOSSLESS, WMAudio Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMAUDIO3, WMAudio Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject WMMEDIASUBTYPE_WMAudioV8, WMAudio Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MSAUDIO1, WMAudio Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_RAW_AAC1, Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder, CLSID_CMPEG2AudDecoderDS WMMEDIASUBTYPE_MP3, MP3 Decoder DMO, CLSID_CMP3DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1AudioPayload, MPEG Audio Decoder, CLSID_CMpegAudioCodec WMMEDIASUBTYPE_WMSP2, WMSpeech Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMSPDecMediaObject WMMEDIASUBTYPE_WMSP1, WMSpeech Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMSPDecMediaObject --------------------------- Media Foundation Transforms --------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\MediaFoundation\Transforms] <category>: <transform friendly name>, <transform CLSID>, <flags>, [<merit>, ]<file name>, <file version> Video Decoders: AMD D3D11 Hardware MFT Playback Decoder, {17796AEB-0F66-4663-B8FB-99CBEE0224CE}, 0x4, 8, AMDhwDecoder_64.dll, 1.00.0000.0001 Microsoft MPEG Video Decoder MFT, {2D709E52-123F-49B5-9CBC-9AF5CDE28FB9}, 0x1, msmpeg2vdec.dll, 12.00.10547.1000 DV Decoder MFT, {404A6DE5-D4D6-4260-9BC7-5A6CBD882432}, 0x1, mfdvdec.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft H265 Video Decoder MFT, {420A51A3-D605-430C-B4FC-45274FA6C562}, 0x1, hevcdecoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT, 0x1, mp4sdecd.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft H264 Video Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSH264DecoderMFT, 0x1, msmpeg2vdec.dll, 12.00.10547.1000 WMV Screen decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSSCDecMediaObject, 0x1, wmvsdecd.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject, 0x1, wmvdecod.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 MJPEG Decoder MFT, {CB17E772-E1CC-4633-8450-5617AF577905}, 0x1, mfmjpegdec.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Mpeg43 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg43DecMediaObject, 0x1, mp43decd.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Mpeg4 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject, 0x1, mpg4decd.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Video Encoders: H264 Encoder MFT, {6CA50344-051A-4DED-9779-A43305165E35}, 0x1, mfh264enc.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 WMVideo8 Encoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVXEncMediaObject, 0x1, wmvxencd.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 H263 Encoder MFT, {BC47FCFE-98A0-4F27-BB07-698AF24F2B38}, 0x1, mfh263enc.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 WMVideo9 Encoder MFT, CLSID_CWMV9EncMediaObject, 0x1, wmvencod.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder MFT, {E6335F02-80B7-4DC4-ADFA-DFE7210D20D5}, 0x2, msmpeg2enc.dll, 12.00.10586.0035 H265 Encoder MFT, {F2F84074-8BCA-40BD-9159-E880F673DD3B}, 0x1, mfh265enc.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Video Effects: Frame Rate Converter, CLSID_CFrameRateConvertDmo, 0x1, mfvdsp.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Resizer MFT, CLSID_CResizerDMO, 0x1, vidreszr.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 VideoStabilization MFT, {51571744-7FE4-4FF2-A498-2DC34FF74F1B}, 0x1, MSVideoDSP.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Color Control, CLSID_CColorControlDmo, 0x1, mfvdsp.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Color Converter MFT, CLSID_CColorConvertDMO, 0x1, colorcnv.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Video Processor: Microsoft Video Processor MFT, {88753B26-5B24-49BD-B2E7-0C445C78C982}, 0x1, msvproc.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 Audio Decoders: Microsoft Dolby Digital Plus Decoder MFT, {177C0AFE-900B-48D4-9E4C-57ADD250B3D4}, 0x1, DolbyDecMFT.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 MS AMRNB Decoder MFT, {265011AE-5481-4F77-A295-ABB6FFE8D63E}, 0x1, MSAMRNBDecoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 WMAudio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject, 0x1, WMADMOD.DLL, 10.00.10586.0063 Microsoft AAC Audio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSAACDecMFT, 0x1, MSAudDecMFT.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 A-law Wrapper MFT, {36CB6E0C-78C1-42B2-9943-846262F31786}, 0x1, mfcore.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 GSM ACM Wrapper MFT, {4A76B469-7B66-4DD4-BA2D-DDF244C766DC}, 0x1, mfcore.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 WMAPro over S/PDIF MFT, CLSID_CWMAudioSpdTxDMO, 0x1, WMADMOD.DLL, 10.00.10586.0063 Microsoft FLAC Audio Decoder MFT, {6B0B3E6B-A2C5-4514-8055-AFE8A95242D9}, 0x1, MSFlacDecoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0122 Microsoft MPEG Audio Decoder MFT, {70707B39-B2CA-4015-ABEA-F8447D22D88B}, 0x1, MSAudDecMFT.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 WMSpeech Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMSPDecMediaObject, 0x1, WMSPDMOD.DLL, 10.00.10586.0063 G711 Wrapper MFT, {92B66080-5E2D-449E-90C4-C41F268E5514}, 0x1, mfcore.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 IMA ADPCM ACM Wrapper MFT, {A16E1BFF-A80D-48AD-AECD-A35C005685FE}, 0x1, mfcore.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 MP3 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMP3DecMediaObject, 0x1, mp3dmod.dll, 10.00.10586.0063 Microsoft ALAC Audio Decoder MFT, {C0CD7D12-31FC-4BBC-B363-7322EE3E1879}, 0x1, MSAlacDecoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 ADPCM ACM Wrapper MFT, {CA34FE0A-5722-43AD-AF23-05F7650257DD}, 0x1, mfcore.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 Audio Encoders: LPCM DVD-Audio MFT, {068A8476-9229-4CC0-9D49-2FC699DCD30A}, 0x1, winmde.dll, 12.00.10586.0494 MP3 Encoder ACM Wrapper MFT, {11103421-354C-4CCA-A7A3-1AFF9A5B6701}, 0x1, mfcore.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 Microsoft FLAC Audio Encoder MFT, {128509E9-C44E-45DC-95E9-C255B8F466A6}, 0x1, MSFlacEncoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 WM Speech Encoder DMO, CLSID_CWMSPEncMediaObject2, 0x1, WMSPDMOE.DLL, 10.00.10586.0063 MS AMRNB Encoder MFT, {2FAE8AFE-04A3-423A-A814-85DB454712B0}, 0x1, MSAMRNBEncoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder MFT, {46A4DD5C-73F8-4304-94DF-308F760974F4}, 0x1, msmpeg2enc.dll, 12.00.10586.0035 WMAudio Encoder MFT, CLSID_CWMAEncMediaObject, 0x1, WMADMOE.DLL, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft AAC Audio Encoder MFT, {93AF0C51-2275-45D2-A35B-F2BA21CAED00}, 0x1, mfAACEnc.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft ALAC Audio Encoder MFT, {9AB6A28C-748E-4B6A-BFFF-CC443B8E8FB4}, 0x1, MSAlacEncoder.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Microsoft Dolby Digital Encoder MFT, {AC3315C9-F481-45D7-826C-0B406C1F64B8}, 0x1, msac3enc.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Audio Effects: AEC, CLSID_CWMAudioAEC, 0x1, mfwmaaec.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Resampler MFT, CLSID_CResamplerMediaObject, 0x1, resampledmo.dll, 10.00.10586.0000 Multiplexers: Microsoft MPEG2 Multiplexer MFT, {AB300F71-01AB-46D2-AB6C-64906CB03258}, 0x2, mfmpeg2srcsnk.dll, 12.00.10586.0122 Others: Microsoft H264 Video Remux (MPEG2TSToMP4) MFT, {05A47EBB-8BF0-4CBF-AD2F-3B71D75866F5}, 0x1, msmpeg2vdec.dll, 12.00.10547.1000 -------------------------------------------- Media Foundation Enabled Hardware Categories -------------------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\HardwareMFT] EnableDecoders = 1 EnableEncoders = 1 EnableVideoProcessors = 1 ------------------------------------- Media Foundation Byte Stream Handlers ------------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\ByteStreamHandlers] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\MediaFoundation\MediaSources\Preferred] <file ext. or MIME type>, <handler CLSID>, <brief description>[, Preferred] .3g2, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .3gp, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .3gp2, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .3gpp, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .aac, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .ac3, {46031BA1-083F-47D9-8369-23C92BDAB2FF}, AC-3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .adt, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .adts, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .am?, {EFE6208A-0A2C-49FA-8A01-3768B559B6DA}, MF AMRNB Media Source ByteStreamHandler .amr, {EFE6208A-0A2C-49FA-8A01-3768B559B6DA}, MF AMRNB Media Source ByteStreamHandler, Preferred .asf, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .avi, {7AFA253E-F823-42F6-A5D9-714BDE467412}, AVI Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .dvr-ms, {65964407-A5D8-4060-85B0-1CCD63F768E2}, dvr-ms Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .dvr-ms, {A8721937-E2FB-4D7A-A9EE-4EB08C890B6E}, MF SBE Source ByteStreamHandler .ec3, {46031BA1-083F-47D9-8369-23C92BDAB2FF}, AC-3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .flac, {0E41CFB8-0506-40F4-A516-77CC23642D91}, MF FLAC Media Source ByteStreamHandler, Preferred .m2t, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .m2ts, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .m4a, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .m4v, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mk3d, {1F9A2C18-D89E-463E-B4F4-BB90152ACC64}, MKV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mka, {1F9A2C18-D89E-463E-B4F4-BB90152ACC64}, MKV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mks, {1F9A2C18-D89E-463E-B4F4-BB90152ACC64}, MKV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mkv, {1F9A2C18-D89E-463E-B4F4-BB90152ACC64}, MKV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mod, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mov, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mp2v, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mp3, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mp4, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mp4v, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mpa, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mpeg, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mpg, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .mts, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .nsc, {B084785C-DDE0-4D30-8CA8-05A373E185BE}, NSC Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .sami, {7A56C4CB-D678-4188-85A8-BA2EF68FA10D}, SAMI Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .smi, {7A56C4CB-D678-4188-85A8-BA2EF68FA10D}, SAMI Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .tod, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .ts, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .tts, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .uvu, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .vob, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .wav, {42C9B9F5-16FC-47EF-AF22-DA05F7C842E3}, WAV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .wm, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .wma, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .wmv, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred .wtv, {65964407-A5D8-4060-85B0-1CCD63F768E2}, WTV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/3gpp, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/3gpp2, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/aac, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/aacp, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/eac3, {46031BA1-083F-47D9-8369-23C92BDAB2FF}, AC-3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/L16, {3FFB3B8C-EB99-472B-8902-E1C1B05F07CF}, LPCM Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/mp3, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/mp4, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/MP4A-LATM, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/mpa, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/mpeg, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/mpeg3, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/vnd.dlna.adts, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/vnd.dolby.dd-raw, {46031BA1-083F-47D9-8369-23C92BDAB2FF}, AC-3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/wav, {42C9B9F5-16FC-47EF-AF22-DA05F7C842E3}, WAV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-aac, {926F41F7-003E-4382-9E84-9E953BE10562}, ADTS Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-m4a, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-matroska, {1F9A2C18-D89E-463E-B4F4-BB90152ACC64}, MKV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-mp3, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-mpeg, {A82E50BA-8E92-41EB-9DF2-433F50EC2993}, MP3 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-ms-wma, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred audio/x-wav, {42C9B9F5-16FC-47EF-AF22-DA05F7C842E3}, WAV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/3gpp, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/3gpp2, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/avi, {7AFA253E-F823-42F6-A5D9-714BDE467412}, AVI Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/mp4, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/mpeg, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/msvideo, {7AFA253E-F823-42F6-A5D9-714BDE467412}, AVI Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/vnd.dece.mp4, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts, {40871C59-AB40-471F-8DC3-1F259D862479}, MPEG2 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/x-m4v, {271C3902-6095-4C45-A22F-20091816EE9E}, MPEG4 Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/x-matroska, {1F9A2C18-D89E-463E-B4F4-BB90152ACC64}, MKV Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/x-ms-asf, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/x-ms-wm, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/x-ms-wmv, {41457294-644C-4298-A28A-BD69F2C0CF3B}, ASF Byte Stream Handler, Preferred video/x-msvideo, {7AFA253E-F823-42F6-A5D9-714BDE467412}, AVI Byte Stream Handler, Preferred -------------------------------- Media Foundation Scheme Handlers -------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\SchemeHandlers] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\MediaFoundation\MediaSources\Preferred] <URL type>, <handler CLSID>, <brief description>[, Preferred] file:, {477EC299-1421-4BDD-971F-7CCB933F21AD}, File Scheme Handler, Preferred http:, {44CB442B-9DA9-49DF-B3FD-023777B16E50}, Http Scheme Handler http:, {9EC4B4F9-3029-45AD-947B-344DE2A249E2}, Urlmon Scheme Handler http:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred httpd:, {44CB442B-9DA9-49DF-B3FD-023777B16E50}, Http Scheme Handler, Preferred httpnd:, {2EEEED04-0908-4CDB-AF8F-AC5B768A34C9}, Drm Scheme Handler, Preferred https:, {37A61C8B-7F8E-4D08-B12B-248D73E9AB4F}, Secure Http Scheme Handler, Preferred httpsd:, {37A61C8B-7F8E-4D08-B12B-248D73E9AB4F}, Secure Http Scheme Handler, Preferred httpt:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred httpu:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred mcast:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred mcrecv:, {FA6D33D4-9405-4BA5-9983-12604AC8E77A}, Miracast Sink Scheme Handler, Preferred mms:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred ms-appdata:, {CFC81939-3886-4ACF-9692-DA58037AE716}, MsAppData Scheme Handler, Preferred ms-appx-web:, {8DB0224B-3D65-4F6F-8E12-BEB4B78B8974}, MsAppxWeb Scheme Handler, Preferred ms-appx:, {8DB0224B-3D65-4F6F-8E12-BEB4B78B8974}, MsAppx Scheme Handler, Preferred ms-winsoundevent:, {F79A6BF9-7415-4CF3-AE10-4559509ABC3C}, Sound Event Scheme Handler, Preferred rtsp:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred rtspt:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred rtspu:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred sdp:, {E9F4EBAB-D97B-463E-A2B1-C54EE3F9414D}, Net Scheme Handler, Preferred ------------------------------------- Preferred Media Foundation Transforms ------------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\MediaFoundation\Transforms\Preferred] <media subtype GUID>, [<transform friendly name>, ]<transform CLSID> {E06D802C-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}, Microsoft Dolby Digital Plus Decoder MFT, {177C0AFE-900B-48D4-9E4C-57ADD250B3D4} MFVideoFormat_MPEG2, Microsoft MPEG Video Decoder MFT, {2D709E52-123F-49B5-9CBC-9AF5CDE28FB9} MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_DDPLUS, Microsoft Dolby Digital Plus Decoder MFT, {177C0AFE-900B-48D4-9E4C-57ADD250B3D4} {7634706D-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT {73616D72-767A-494D-B478-F29D25DC9037}, MS AMRNB Decoder MFT, {265011AE-5481-4F77-A295-ABB6FFE8D63E} MEDIASUBTYPE_mp4s, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT MFVideoFormat_DVSL, DV Decoder MFT, {404A6DE5-D4D6-4260-9BC7-5A6CBD882432} MFVideoFormat_DVSD, DV Decoder MFT, {404A6DE5-D4D6-4260-9BC7-5A6CBD882432} MFVideoFormat_DVHD, DV Decoder MFT, {404A6DE5-D4D6-4260-9BC7-5A6CBD882432} {63616C61-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Microsoft ALAC Audio Decoder MFT, {C0CD7D12-31FC-4BBC-B363-7322EE3E1879} MFVideoFormat_MP4V, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT {53564548-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Microsoft H265 Video Decoder MFT, {420A51A3-D605-430C-B4FC-45274FA6C562} MFVideoFormat_MP4S, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT {53314356-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVR, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVP, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_MJPG, MJPEG Decoder MFT, {CB17E772-E1CC-4633-8450-5617AF577905} {43564548-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Microsoft H265 Video Decoder MFT, {420A51A3-D605-430C-B4FC-45274FA6C562} MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVA, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject {3F40F4F0-5622-4FF8-B6D8-A17A584BEE5E}, Microsoft H264 Video Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSH264DecoderMFT MEDIASUBTYPE_mpg4, Mpeg4 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MPG4, Mpeg4 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_H264, Microsoft H264 Video Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSH264DecoderMFT MFVideoFormat_WMV3, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject {33363248-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT MEDIASUBTYPE_mp43, Mpeg43 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg43DecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_MP43, Mpeg43 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg43DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_m4s2, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT MFVideoFormat_WMV2, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_MSS2, WMV Screen decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSSCDecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_M4S2, Mpeg4s Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4sDecMFT MEDIASUBTYPE_WVP2, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_mp42, Mpeg4 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MP42, Mpeg4 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMpeg4DecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_WMV1, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_MSS1, WMV Screen decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSSCDecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_MPG1, Microsoft MPEG Video Decoder MFT, {2D709E52-123F-49B5-9CBC-9AF5CDE28FB9} MFVideoFormat_WVC1, WMVideo Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMVDecMediaObject MFVideoFormat_DVC, DV Decoder MFT, {404A6DE5-D4D6-4260-9BC7-5A6CBD882432} {0000F1AC-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Microsoft FLAC Audio Decoder MFT, {6B0B3E6B-A2C5-4514-8055-AFE8A95242D9} {00007361-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, MS AMRNB Decoder MFT, {265011AE-5481-4F77-A295-ABB6FFE8D63E} {00002000-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Microsoft Dolby Digital Plus Decoder MFT, {177C0AFE-900B-48D4-9E4C-57ADD250B3D4} MFAudioFormat_AAC, Microsoft AAC Audio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSAACDecMFT MFAudioFormat_WMAudio_Lossless, WMAudio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MFAudioFormat_WMAudioV9, WMAudio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MFAudioFormat_WMAudioV8, WMAudio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_MSAUDIO1, WMAudio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CWMADecMediaObject MEDIASUBTYPE_RAW_AAC1, Microsoft AAC Audio Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMSAACDecMFT MFAudioFormat_MP3, MP3 Decoder MFT, CLSID_CMP3DecMediaObject MFAudioFormat_MPEG, Microsoft MPEG Audio Decoder MFT, {70707B39-B2CA-4015-ABEA-F8447D22D88B} {00000031-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, GSM ACM Wrapper MFT, {4A76B469-7B66-4DD4-BA2D-DDF244C766DC} {00000011-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, IMA ADPCM ACM Wrapper MFT, {A16E1BFF-A80D-48AD-AECD-A35C005685FE} WMMEDIASUBTYPE_WMSP2, WMSpeech Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMSPDecMediaObject MFAudioFormat_MSP1, WMSpeech Decoder DMO, CLSID_CWMSPDecMediaObject KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_MULAW, G711 Wrapper MFT, {92B66080-5E2D-449E-90C4-C41F268E5514} {00000006-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, A-law Wrapper MFT, {36CB6E0C-78C1-42B2-9943-846262F31786} KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_ADPCM, ADPCM ACM Wrapper MFT, {CA34FE0A-5722-43AD-AF23-05F7650257DD} ------------------------------------- Disabled Media Foundation Transforms ------------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\MediaFoundation\Transforms\DoNotUse] <transform CLSID> ------------------------ Disabled Media Sources ------------------------ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\MediaFoundation\MediaSources\DoNotUse] <media source CLSID> --------------- EVR Power Information --------------- Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality) Quality Flags: 2576 Enabled: Force throttling Allow half deinterlace Allow scaling Decode Power Usage: 100 Balanced Flags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 50 PowerFlags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 0 --------------- Diagnostics --------------- Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: AppHangTransient Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: SC2_x64.exe P2: 3.5.1.45186 P3: 57a13640 P4: unknown P5: unknown P6: unknown P7: unknown P8: P9: P10: +++ WER1 +++: Fault bucket 126657670131, type 5 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER2 +++: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER3 +++: Fault bucket 126901375010, type 5 Event Name: WindowsUpdateFailure3 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 10.0.10586.494 P2: 8024001e P3: 0AE2DB80-C029-46EB-85E9-601C264BE697 P4: Install P5: 200 P6: 0 P7: 8024000b P8: UpdateOrchestrator P9: {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} P10: 0 +++ WER4 +++: Fault bucket 126657670131, type 5 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER5 +++: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER6 +++: Fault bucket 126657670131, type 5 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER7 +++: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER8 +++: Fault bucket 126657670131, type 5 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: +++ WER9 +++: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: MpTelemetry Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 2152759308 P2: unspecified P3: ScanFile P4: 4.9.10586.494 P5: Windows Defender (77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24) P6: unspecified P7: unspecified P8: P9: P10: Pyrre19 2h
3h Is there still no fix for Stash items not loading ? been having this problem for the 1+ years ive had this game on pc ... still no fix ?Zorb1 3h
3h Timeouts and Disconnects Anyone else getting random timeouts and disconnects periodically? Maybe once every half hour to full hour? I'm not having any network issues whatsoever and have done plenty of tests to ensure such a claim. But while I'm playing D3, I can be in the middle of a Rift and just get randomly "timed out" and I seriously have no logical explanation for it. Just wanting to see if anyone else has experienced this lately. Seems like it just started either yesterday or today with no prior problems at all.ShockZero120 3h
3h The application has encountered an unexpected error, never opens. i just reinstalled the game after encountering this problem apon my first installation. 73232786-995C-440C-ACA6-D58F2A3B995A that is the code i'm provided. the game never opens after clicking play, it says the game is running on battle.net for a moment then i get the error message.posthuman4 3h
3h Razer Chroma Freezes Mouse After updating to patch 2.4.3 I was pleasantly surprised to discover my keyboard and mouse becoming Diablo-themed! However, then my mouse stopped working in game. The only fix was a computer restart. I tried multiple times and went through uninstalling/reinstalling peripherals and Razer softwares to no resolution. I tried 32 bit Diablo, but that caused freezing too. The only way for me to run Diablo 3 is with Chroma Apps turned off in the Razer software. I have Razer: Mamba Tournament Edition Blackwidow Tournament Edition Tartarus Chroma Firefly The latter two do not change to the Diablo 3 Chroma colors. Let me know if I can provide anything else. P.S. Love the new patch. Being able to play is good, so this isn't a big deal to fix. The colors are just a nice bonus, so please don't make this a priority for the devs. Many other things to work on.... like more legendaries ;)Poindaxster9 3h
3h High latency Issue I've been directed from the website to the forums in order to seek solution about my high latency (ms) in game. My computer processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processors and the graphic card is NVIDIA GetForce GTX 660 Currently the game is unplayable to me due to such high latency it actually freezes (over 2000 ms).Winchester5051 3h
5h Cannot play by Hammerdin in party (lags) Hello! I have a top dps crusader, but i cannot play as dd in a party, because, Hammerdin is not optimized for a group gameplay. Always, we have a huge lags. It can be 15 seconds or more, but, as result, no one wants to play with crusader. I`m already closed gr100 in 4 player group. Boss without minions was killed by me less than 2 min. I`m using a lightning rune (not Holy) for more damage for bosses/yellow elite. It`s a good alternative for a monk, but lags make game impossible. For that reason, I cannot undestand a potential of that build. I hope, that Blizzard can fix that problem!!! Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Borfet-2710/hero/67496997Borfet2 5h
7h High Latency for Msia playing in US server Hi, since the latest server maintenance last Tuesday, it seems that I was not able to play smoothly due to a really high latency.... the game is 3 month old and I could not believe im still having issues playing this game.... Are there any players in the country (Malaysia) who is currently having this issues as well? If yes, pls list down your names and area you're from, and if this affected a lot of players I will proceed to lodge a formal complain to the Malaysian's Ministry of Consumer Affair.TheArcadian189 7h
7h Razer Chroma for FireFly and Man O' War Headsets Missing Will other Razer Chroma app profile be added for Firefly mouse pad and Man O' War 7.1 headset. It would be neat to have all 4 of these in sync, right not its only my Mamba Mouse and Black Widow keyboard. Wonder if this is a D3 feature they didn't care to add or is it Razer doesn't expose the ability to control the headset and mouse pad? If its Razer then I will submit feedback to them, but seems like Blizzard should be able to take advantaged of all Chrome peripherals.VAsHachiRoku3 7h
7h CGI cinematics don't trigger/unlock 2.0.1 Ever since i updated to version 2.0.1 my cinematics disappeared. I thought, that's okay, I will play through the game and unlock everything again. So, I reset the progress, deleted the D3Prefs.txt file and I started playing. The intro CGI animation played and then the little movies where your character talks play just fine. However, at the end of an act, the end of act CGI cinematic does not trigger nor play. Furthermore, when you go to the main screen and go to the cinematics menu, you can see that the end of Act cinematic is not unlocked. Only the short cinematics are there. This happened for ACT I, II and III. I went to the forums and I found suggestions about setting the value of PlayedCutscene0, 1, 2 and 3. I tried doing that, but I can see that the minute I launch the game, the values reset to their old numbers. I can also see there is an extra line for Act 5. PlayedCutscene0 "15" PlayedCutscene1 "0" PlayedCutscene2 "0" PlayedCutscene3 "0" PlayedCutscene4 "0" So I try changing PlayedCutscene1 to 15 but the minute I open the game - it changes back to 0. Can anyone help me? I am running a Macbook Pro Retina on Mavericks 10.9.1. Tried repairing permissions and even "locking" the D3Prefs.txt file.. but the game still changes the values upon launch. Please don't tell me to go watch the videos on youtube... I have a feeling this will effect the expansion and watching cinematics is part of the campaign experience. Thank you!ladiciuus97 7h
12h High Latency After Patch Hello, I need assistance. Every since the patch a few days ago Diablo 2.4.3.43048 has been totally unplayable. It lagging up to the point of disconnection sometimes. I thought i had a problem with our connection so i did some troubleshooting and it ended up me having to call our ISP to check for problems. No problems was found on our connection. Overwatch is getting disconnected from time to time but the ping is low so is playable, Heartstone and HotS is totally fine. https://s23.postimg.org/hx15fc0rf/Screenshot000.jpg As you can see through my screenshot my ms is blasting to 1k sometimes 1.5k and the lowest it goes down to is 300ms which is still unplayable I tried some fixes that was provided to other players but to no avail. Still having the same issue. Can anyone help?ZephyrRebel25 12h
16h High Latency Spiking from 100+ to 1k+. Sky Broadband Philippines Looking-Glass result: PING: PING 130.105.204.235 (130.105.204.235) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 130.105.204.235 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2998ms 24/01/2017 07:05:51 UTC -------------------- TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 130.105.204.235 (130.105.204.235), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 24.105.30.2 (24.105.30.2) 0.805 ms 0.788 ms 1.041 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.0.102 (37.244.0.102) 1.149 ms 1.203 ms 1.254 ms 4 37.244.0.34 (37.244.0.34) 1.274 ms 1.405 ms 1.447 ms 5 xe-9-3-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net (4.53.230.237) 0.840 ms 0.854 ms 0.861 ms 6 * * * 7 IPS-INC.ear3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.14.45.50) 150.938 ms 150.975 ms 150.978 ms 8 130.105.0.49 (130.105.0.49) 151.468 ms 151.497 ms 151.510 ms 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 24/01/2017 07:05:51 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Tue Jan 24 07:05:51 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 24.105.30.2 0.0% 10 1.3 3.2 0.6 13.9 4.8 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 37.244.0.102 0.0% 10 1.3 1.3 1.2 1.4 0.0 4.|-- 37.244.0.34 0.0% 10 1.1 1.2 1.1 1.5 0.0 5.|-- xe-9-3-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net 0.0% 10 0.9 2.4 0.8 16.0 4.7 6.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 7.|-- IPS-INC.ear3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net 0.0% 10 151.1 153.7 150.9 164.9 4.8 8.|-- 130.105.0.49 0.0% 10 151.4 151.4 151.3 151.5 0.0 9.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 24/01/2017 07:05:51 UTC --------------------JACKAL0 16h
17h Screen Not Centered? Since I started playing Diablo in the beginning, it has run perfectly well for me. Ever since this latest patch, things have been off. There was a lot of lag, and I followed some forum advice and that has helped. However, ONLY in Diablo, my screen is off center. On the right side is a thick black strip, and the left side is cut off, there is a portion of my portrait and dialogue box which go off screen. I tried to change the in game resolution, but anything that gets it centered becomes laggy again, and anything that plays well is off center! Any ideas!? Thank you!Keela1 17h
22h Error 3007 nonstop since update Ok so, my game was running fine, as is my internet connection still. I was playing with no issues, and then I had an update. A few hours later I try to log on and play and it keeps error 3007 disconnecting. I've reset my modem, my router, flushed the dns, uninstalled diablo and battlenet, and checked all the system services and background programs. I tried running 32 and 64. I've tried all the solutions i've found searching through the forums. I even gave it almost 24 hours to see if it was just a bug caused by high volume of players, but i can't play longer than a minute or two before it crashes again. There is nothing wrong on my end. So what did the update break and how do i fix it?Talutushihna1 22h
1d Consistent crash everytime leave a game Everytime I leave a game, d3 crashes with unexpected error. Consistently, without fail. I have a GTX 470 running on windows 7.Teagray11 1d
1d 64-Bit client appears to be eating inputs. Preface: Based on what we can tell, this is not latency based, however it cannot be 100% ruled out. In talking to a friend of mine, we appear to be experiencing a similar event where everything is occurring as it should and for whatever reason, when we go to issue an action to our character, whether that be Vault or Dashing Strike etc, our characters just stand there until we issue the command again as if the original input was ate. I have not been able to recreate this in town (tested for about 15 minutes) and it appears to only happen for us while we are actively engaged in combat, whether that be in rifts, GRs or just doing bounties. A reddit post I made last night appears to show that there are others experiencing similar oddities. What would be the best approach for trying to test and nail down what would be causing this?Menagese15 1d
1d How many days does it take to load balance? i loaded balance to battle.net through paypal 3days ago 6/12 11AM pst and it is still in queued. did anyone else wait that long or waited longer?AgentTK126 1d
1d Unable to Complete Bounty and Immortal Mobs I'm experiencing the following 2 annoying problems, and I think they are related. My connection is fair, <100ms ping. (1) I was in the process of completing the Bounty: Kill Fangbite, Act V, which also required 100 kills. I killed the boss, but I think the game froze in accounting for all the mobs that I killed afterwards. Background: T6, the boss Fangbite spawned near the area where Malthael's ghost or whatever spawns to say a one liner per script. The game stuttered just prior to spawn of Malthael which my client tends to do occasionally whenever some major NPC or event spawns. Though the game registered boss kill, the game stopped registering mob kills afterward. Maybe the boss kill happened too fast for game to register and continue counting the mob kills? Anyway, this is annoying because it was the last bounty for Act V. (2) There has been many times when a mob that was supposed to have been killed, usually in a pack, does not die. It is the sole survivor, and it keeps following my WD and pets around on the map. It keeps attacking whatever target it has been aggro'd, whether it be one of my pets or my toon, but I cannot target or re-kill the mob. The only way to resolve this is to teleport out, after completing the zone, and move on to the next area. The above is usually no big deal, except that it gets annoying when it's constant attacks interrupts my attempts to teleport or start damaging my toon. I'm not sure whether this may be reconstructed on your end, but I speculate some interruption or latency between my client and game server that screws up registering of events. With my current gear, my WD can mow through these mobs relatively fast, and perhaps that also creates occasional interrupts in syncing. Please look into this.Chronor0 1d
1d Working SLI Profile x64 Client You are welcome guys, took a little while but I got it. Requires Nvidia Inspector. DX10/11 Compatibility bits: http://imgur.com/VFaAf9P SLI DX10/11 predefined Bits: http://imgur.com/4y4LE2R You will need to add the x64 executable to the existing Diablo 3 Profile. SLI.nip <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <ArrayOfProfile> <Profile> <ProfileName>Diablo III</ProfileName> <Executeables> <string>diablo iii.exe</string> <string>diablo iii launcher.exe</string> <string>diablo iii64.exe</string> </Executeables> <Settings> <ProfileSetting> <SettingNameInfo /> <SettingID>10512710</SettingID> <SettingValue>134226165</SettingValue> </ProfileSetting> <ProfileSetting> <SettingNameInfo>NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10</SettingNameInfo> <SettingID>271830722</SettingID> <SettingValue>3</SettingValue> </ProfileSetting> <ProfileSetting> <SettingNameInfo>NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode on DirectX 10</SettingNameInfo> <SettingID>271834323</SettingID> <SettingValue>4</SettingValue> </ProfileSetting> </Settings> </Profile> </ArrayOfProfile>Maleficus4 1d
1d Possible solution to rubber banding I've been having bad lag and rubber banding since November last year, and I got fed up with it when 2.4 since I really wanted to enjoy the new patch. Blizzard wanted to blame my ISP, and told me to get a VPN. Got a VPN, seemed to fix the problem but only until I rebooted or turned my computer off. When I turned my PC back on, rubber banding was back, even with the VPN. Uninstalling and reinstalling the VPN fixed the problem again. Sounds strange, right? Gets stranger... Recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and much to my surprise the problem was gone when a fresh install of D3 finally finished downloading. I wasn't going to question it, just accept it. Until the problem came BACK after I restarted my computer for the first time in Windows 10. I've discovered something interesting, and I can't promise this will work for you, but you can try it. Go into Device Manager (right click my computer/this PC, click properties, then select device manager from the left), Expand the network adapters section and find the network adapter you use to connect to the internet for D3 (you might have wired and wireless adapters, you need to select the one you're actually using) Now right click and Uninstall. It will ask if you want to remove the device from your system, click yes. Finally, up top click Action, then scan for hardware changes. This will automatically add the adapter back to your computer. Now, WITHOUT RESTARTING YOUR PC (even if it tells you to), start up Bnet/D3 and if your problem is the same as mine, your lag will be gone. It will be back again as soon as you turn off or reset your computer, but you can fix it by once again removing and re-adding the network adapter. Please let me know if this works for you. I have no idea what the technical rationale is here but it's working for me.Kohmei59 1d
1d Diablo 3 Randomly Freezes for 10sec. Hey guys I am pushing on average 115fps on the counter. Then for no reason at all, the game will freeze for about 10 sec or so on average and then resume. This has killed me several times and I cannot find out what is causing this.WildKoala55 1d
1d Starter Edition when i have bought the game!? i need help, i have bought the standard edition of diablo 3 via digital copy but is says i have a starter edition which means i cant go pass the the first boss "skeleton king" i have tried everything i could think of PLEASE any help will be appreciated and i dont want my money to be wasted your sincerely NoCommentNoComment45 1d
1d Creating D3D graphics error? Hey, After the last patch, the game was no longer able to play, and would always create a grey box, and a message saying there was the D3d error. Here are my D3prefs. PreferencesVersion "42" PlayedCutscene0 "15" PlayedCutscene1 "15" PlayedCutscene2 "23" PlayedCutscene3 "143" DisplayModeFlags "0" DisplayModeWindowMode "0" DisplayModeWinLeft "320" DisplayModeWinTop "160" DisplayModeWinWidth "1280" DisplayModeWinHeight "720" DisplayModeUIOptWidth "1280" DisplayModeUIOptHeight "720" DisplayModeWidth "1280" DisplayModeHeight "720" DisplayModeRefreshRate "75" DisplayModeBitDepth "32" Gamma "1.100000" MipOffset "0" ShadowQuality "3" PhysicsQuality "1" ClutterQuality "0" Vsync "0" Letterbox "0" Antialiasing "0" LowFX "1" LimitForegroundFPS "1" MaxForegroundFPS "150" LimitBackgroundFPS "1" MaxBackgroundFPS "8" DisableTrilinearFiltering "0" ColorCorrection "1" MipBias "0.000000" ReflectionQuality "0" TonemapExposure "1.900000" TonemapContrast "1.500000" TonemapSaturation "1.000000" TonemapGain "1.000000" HardwareClass "2" PCIVendor "4318" PCIDevice "2592" MasterVolume "1.000000" EffectVolume "0.800000" MusicVolume "0.800000" NarrationVolume "0.800000" AmbientVolume "0.800000" ChannelsToUse "32" ReverseSpeakers "0" QuestSubtitlesEnabled "0" CinematicsSubtitlesEnabled "0" EchoQuestDialogToChat "1" MuteSound "0" MuteEffects "0" MuteAmbient "0" MuteVoice "0" MuteMusic "0" If you can help, that would be greatHydropotamus105 1d
1d Help pls every time i try to make a new toon my game crashes and disconnects... any ideaspengie1 1d
1d What type of DRM Battle.net - Diablo 3 What type of DRM's Battle.net use? Kernel mode driver DRM? Does it use disk bandwidth?Makados1 1d
1d What happened when Hardcore session gets DC? When the reason is: 1. Blizzard fault, such as: server suddenly down, etc. 2. My internet down. What happened to the character when: 1. They are on the town. 2. They are on the safe zone outside of town. 3. They are fighting weak enemies which have zero damage to the character. 4. They are fighting decent enemies which take looooooooong time to kill the idle character. My guess right now is, Any character I've playing with when the DC happened will be counted as death. True? Sorry for bad English, lol...Mikelodeon4 1d
1d Game-play freezes and unresponsive Hi, My issue that I have is that during game-play the game freezes but not my character, I am able to move around but not interact with anything and only use my mouse skills but unsure if I am hitting (barbarian character) anything or what I am trying to hit is still there. After some time the game starts up and it is a lottery if I am still alive. I have started alt tabbing out as I am not even sure that escaping to the menu actually pauses the game. This has happened a few times, one evening a week ago and this evening. Currently in Act 2, single player campaign. My specs: Win 10, i7 4790, 16GB Ram, GTX 970, SSD and connecting to the American server. 64 bit client.Bullion1 1d
1d Game keeps Freezing after patch 2.4 Been playing D3 for a yr. or 2 without an issue. But after this patch Im freezing constantly the game is unplayable. I have tried everyting on my end. I know it isnt on my end I havent done anything new (software, hardware etc.) since well before patch and everything worked fine. What can be done?Bowzee232 1d
1d Network Problem High Latency since the new patch. Network Problem High Latency since the new patch. It so not cool cant even play the game in 5 mins. It started with good latency then it spikes to 1k 2k 3k.. then it will hang and disconnected me on server. Heres my Traceroute and etc TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 130.105.235.58 (130.105.235.58), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 24.105.30.3 (24.105.30.3) 6.475 ms 6.468 ms 6.476 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.0.100 (37.244.0.100) 1.232 ms 1.269 ms 1.326 ms 4 37.244.0.32 (37.244.0.32) 1.240 ms 1.290 ms 1.352 ms 5 xe-9-3-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net (4.53.230.237) 0.930 ms 0.971 ms 0.982 ms 6 * * * 7 IPS-INC.ear3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.14.45.50) 150.987 ms 150.950 ms 150.965 ms 8 130.105.0.49 (130.105.0.49) 151.555 ms 151.579 ms 151.579 ms 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 23/01/2017 05:55:16 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 130.105.235.58 (130.105.235.58) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 130.105.235.58 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3002ms 23/01/2017 05:55:16 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Mon Jan 23 05:55:16 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 24.105.30.3 0.0% 10 0.6 2.1 0.6 7.4 2.4 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 37.244.0.100 0.0% 10 1.3 1.3 1.2 1.4 0.0 4.|-- 37.244.0.32 0.0% 10 1.3 1.4 1.2 3.0 0.5 5.|-- xe-9-3-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net 0.0% 10 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.0 6.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 7.|-- IPS-INC.ear3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net 0.0% 10 151.0 151.0 150.9 151.0 0.0 8.|-- 130.105.0.49 0.0% 10 151.4 151.4 151.3 151.6 0.0 9.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 23/01/2017 05:55:16 UTC --------------------Rage240 1d
1d the diablo 3 server is not available at this time.... I'm getting this every time on ps4... the diablo 3 server is not available at this time.. What should I do?tierone1234 1d
1d How to show profile from asia server? I purchase a global edition and is playing in the asia server. When I first log in I entered the US server before i change to the asia server. I do not pay the US server. In the forum, I am unable to display my profile from the asia server. I cannot see any setting that can change it. Please inform me how I may put my profile up from the asia server. Thank you.LUCSAMI11 1d
1d FPS issues First I know this is the wrong forum for this but I haven't received any responses to my other post so thought I'd try my luck here. For what reason I truly do not know and if it IS something simple then I just don't see but no matter my graphic settings I never get an FPS above 50-60. Which wouldn't be an issue and sounds decent if it didn't consistently drop to below 20 whenever I have a skybox or medium-heavy action going onscreen. I don't have a bad card either Nvidia GTX 960 and from what I've seen I should have no problems with it. I've also noticed in my task manager it's saying I have 2 cores and 4 logical processors, nay be irrelevant but I don't know. OS: windows 10 64bit Processor: AMD A8-760k Radeon R7, 10 Computer Cores 4C+6g (4cpus), ~4.1GHz Memory: 10240MB RAM DirectX 12 If I left out any info please tell me I have tried almost everything.Rax4 1d
4h Have better support for wifi crashes You should really implement a system when a persons wifi crashes. Mine went down to to a power surge that randomly happened and now I've lost everything on my HC seasonal. I don't think I can play anymore after the character I've cared the most on is ripped away just because my powergrid just randomly shot my wifi. It isn't fair and I've lost a lot of my will to play your game. If I died to my own stupidity I'd accept it as my own fault. But this had nothing to do with me and it hurt... a lot.Perfect1Up7 4h
1d Network Disconnect error post-2.4 patch I was playing the game earlier today before the patch dropped. However, post-2.4, I am unable to successfully connect to a game. It fails if I create a game myself or if I try to join a game that a friend hosts. It hangs at the loading screen for minutes on end until it finally loads to the game up to show me "Network Disconnect: The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server." My friends tell me that it initially shows me loading into an Act, but then after a minute or so says I'm back in the Menus (though on my own client, I'm still stuck on the loading screen). I attempted to log into the European region to see if I was able to connect there, but there seems to be an error where it's saying that I have to redownload the patch even though I already have it. The battle.net launcher says I'm up to date, so in that regard, I'm stuck in an endless loop. This is my Looking Glass result: PING 84.106.70.158 (84.106.70.158) 56(84) bytes of data. traceroute to 84.106.70.158 (84.106.70.158), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 Blizzard (Blizzard) 0.464 ms 0.502 ms 0.679 ms 2 * * * 3 12.129.199.181 (12.129.199.181) 0.269 ms * * 4 206.16.68.41 (206.16.68.41) 0.380 ms 0.407 ms 0.484 ms 5 12-122-254-229.attens.net (12.122.254.229) 1.053 ms 1.058 ms 1.072 ms 6 cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.123.132.210) 5.231 ms 4.942 ms 4.841 ms 7 ggr2.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.122.129.97) 5.061 ms 4.119 ms 4.091 ms 8 las-bb1-link.telia.net (80.239.193.213) 1.947 ms 2.150 ms 2.356 ms 9 nyk-bb1-link.telia.net (213.155.135.116) 89.165 ms 89.188 ms 89.134 ms 10 nyk-b3-link.telia.net (80.91.245.80) 89.576 ms 89.600 ms 89.373 ms 11 liberty-ic-302304-nyk-b3.c.telia.net (62.115.13.74) 89.334 ms 89.345 ms 89.408 ms 12 us-nyc01b-rd2-et-3-1-0-0.aorta.net (84.116.135.74) 182.998 ms 183.020 ms 182.902 ms 13 nl-ams09b-ri1-xe-10-0-0.aorta.net (84.116.130.18) 182.609 ms 182.633 ms 182.608 ms 14 nl-ams05a-rc2-lag-105-0.aorta.net (84.116.130.65) 182.814 ms 182.807 ms 182.807 ms 15 213.46.182.94 (213.46.182.94) 183.033 ms 182.970 ms 183.069 ms HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1. Blizzard 0.0% 10 6.8 1.2 0.4 6.8 2.0 2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3. 12.129.199.181 0.0% 10 0.5 0.7 0.4 2.5 0.6 4. 206.16.68.41 0.0% 10 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.6 0.1 5. 12-122-254-229.attens.net 0.0% 10 1.1 6.5 1.1 35.9 12.0 I have tried power cycling my router and deleting the battlenet cache on my PC. I also ran a scan and repair, the result of which was nothing to repair. Is this just from the servers getting slammed from people logging on for the new patch, or is there an issue here that I can actually fix myself? If it's just a matter of waiting for the servers, that's fine, but I don't know if there's something else I can try right now.FAE173 1d
1d D3 unable to play I keep getting error codes 3005 and 3007 ive done the steps and i can play any other game fine, im connected to ethernet. not sure what else to do. sometimes i can join the servers but it kicks me shortly.Fidgett1 1d