Technical Support

Feb 5 CROWDS on Twitter - Season 7 Ep25: All Good Things About half a year ago, we've begun a little experiment to tap into the potential of the playerbase to help itself when it comes to a variety of issues that may not necessarily require contact with Blizzard customer support, such as technical issues or game-related questions. A number of volunteers, experienced at Blizzard games and interested in lending a helping hand to fellow players, have signed up over the months, contributing to our efforts in seeing our players' problems resolved. This CROWDS program was a player-based support initiative that allowed volunteers to help their fellow adventurers via Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allowed participating helpers to see and respond to tweets that were asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Alas, the initiative has run its course and we are preparing to lay this program to rest as we proceed to look for other ways to improve the reach and efficiency of our support. Before this curtain will close, however, we wanted to run one last season in order to give everyone a chance to assemble one last time, to make use of this tool for a few more weeks, and to have a last shot at qualifying for our rewards. No matter whether you're a veteran CROWDS helper or want to give this a try before the opportunity fades, all are welcome to subscribe to the app and help their fellow gamers! These are the rewards from which you may pick, should you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Vrakthris0 Feb 5
May 17, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Before Posting Welcome to the Technical Support forum for Diablo III. This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues. If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: https://blizzard.com/support/ticket/submit - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Blizzard account.http://blizzard.com/support/article/contact Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Please refrain from using profanity in your subject lines or thread body. While we do employ a filter that obscures offensive language this does not give license to use it freely. Please make new posts for your own issue, except where a solution has already been posted. Otherwise, please do not change the subject. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but distinct from the original topic means that replies must either ignore your post or that of the original poster. Please post a subject title that provides a clear indication of the problem you are experiencing. Posting something like "Major problem!! Look inside" does not communicate anything about the issue you are facing. Unless addressing an issue not already covered in the in-game alert or the server status forum, please do not create posts relating to server stability or down time. Please refrain from posting commentary or complaints about the game, the support process, or policy enforcement. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but such posts do not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is OK to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting actual info here on the forums is not permitted. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolution to their issues. To help do this we ask that the above guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to this forum. Lastly, please remember that Blizzard provides these forums as a venue for our customers to discuss our games. Posts can be deleted and users may be banned from this site, without prior warning or explanation, at the sole discretion of the forum moderators.Omrakos2 May 17, 2012
May 10, 2012 Basic Setup Troubleshooting Greetings, This thread is designed to help you troubleshoot and resolve installation, patching and connection related type issues. We recommend taking all the steps below before creating a post or contacting Technical Support. Additionally, we recommend checking out our Known Issues sticky (Coming Soon) to make sure you are not running into an issue that has already been reported. 1. Downloading 2. Installing/Patching 3. ConnectingRoraks3 May 10, 2012
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Troubleshooting Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Jun 22, 2012 Diablo III common errors and solutions Below are error codes and messages you may experience during installation, gameplay, and client log in. If you are experiencing any of these errors, please follow the steps provided. Installation, Setup and Patching issues "If your installation disc has been ejected, please reinsert and try again. If not, or if you keep seeing this error, log in to the Blizzard App and install Diablo III digitally" - If you downloaded the installer digitally, this error indicates that it did not convert the files correctly. This can often be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete. To resolve this issue, log into the Blizzard Desktop Application and re-run the downloader. Error 108 or "An unexpected decryption error occurred" - This can be caused by corrupted, damaged or incomplete installation files. It can often times be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete. You may be able to fix this by running the downloader and pointing it to the same saved location so that it may scan and download any missing files. Unable to Initalize Streaming - This error can generally be caused by security software on your computer. During this time, however, it's possible that the error is caused by the number of people hitting the servers. Please double check your firewall settings and try again. Updating Setup Files - If you're stuck on "Updating Setup Files" try these troubleshooting steps, as well as these. Some other players have had success with this workaround, but be aware that it is not something we can suggest. Error BLZPTS00007 - This indicates that the Agent support program was unable to run. Try waiting a few minutes, then reattempt. If that fails, restart the computer and try the game again. Should the issue persist, uninstall your current copy of the game and download again from the Blizzard Game Downloads page. Error 3012 and 3014 - Please be sure to uninstall the Beta, and ensure that the Diablo III Beta folder is deleted.Velnrak3 Jun 22, 2012
Jan 17 Screen Flicker Diablo III Screen Flicker Hi folks. I have a screen flicker problem that just started today. I don't think it is the last update because I played for a day fine on that. Nothing else flickers, just D3. Anyone else having this problem?Odin19 Jan 17
Jun 14 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jun 14
Nov 6 Characters Missing or Logging Into The Wrong Region - 3/21/17 Hey folks, We've recently seen some reports of people logging in and noticing that all of their characters are missing. This mainly happens when logging into the wrong region. For example, if your characters are on the US servers and you happen to log into the EU servers, no characters are going to show up because they are saved on the US servers, and not on the EU servers. To resolve this, you would normally just log out and verify that you are logging into the correct region. However, the reports we've been seeing state that setting the client to the correct region in the Blizzard app has not been working. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating the cause of it. In the meantime, if you have verified that your app and game are set to the correct region, and you are still missing your characters, please try the launching D3 manually, since that workaround seems to work. Here's how to do that: 1. Navigate to the Diablo III folder. 2. Locate the Diablo III.exe, right click on it and select Create shortcut. 3. Move the newly created shortcut to the desktop. 4. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties. 5. In the Target field, leave a space after the last quotation mark and add -launch The target line should now look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch 6. Click on the Apply button and use the shortcut to launch the game. When the game loads up, you should see the old login screen which you can now use to log in. Before doing that, check that the correct region is selected. You can seen the region in small font below the login button. If the wrong region is selected, click on Options > Account, and change the region in the Server Region Selection drop down menu. For Mac users please try the steps here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753695395#1 ______________________________________________________ Customer Support Contact InformationDankorii147 Nov 6
1h Error Code I cant seem to start D3 and keep getting the following error code: D7092D91-4DB7-4B98-BED0-BC86487B4A0D, any help?? thanks in advancecommandoreg3 1h
4h auto-loot, scripts, pets, mats check boxes, (Thread LOCKED) Posted Feb-17-2018 I cant find the checkbox for auto loot death breath I'm rather new to the game, I've looked through good but I cant find the button to pick up mats as well, my minion picks up only gold? I was also wondering if my minion or myself are not allowed to enable this option via game does blizzard allow the use of an aide like some type of program, script etc. to do this and only this job of auto picking up my mats? Also I don't want to get any users into trouble ban/temp ban so plz do not post post cheats, hacks, trojan horses or malicious programs, I just want information. I think I found an answer to one of my question but I still need information regarding if there is some checkbox somewhere I can tick or a set that I can equip which allows me or my pet to loot mats. Cheating Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673 You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.Unboundlopez2 4h
4h Getting 12-15 FPS Just got D3 today on PC after having played for a time on PS4. I was so excited to see the game on my PC. Boy was I wrong. I am getting 12-15 FPS in town, I have not even tried going out in the world at this point. I have adjusted settings, restarted multiple times, checked my drivers, turned off the sound (which i really should not have to do to be fair), I am out of ideas. I am posting a DXDIAG here as well. Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz 47 °C Skylake 14nm Technology RAM 12.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1196MHz (17-17-17-39) Motherboard HP 825B (U3E1) Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 530 (HP) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (HP) 45 °C ForceWare version: 390.65 SLI Disabled Storage 238GB SAMSUNG MZVLV256HCHP-000H1 (Unknown) 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) Help me out please.Naevius1 4h
5h Corsair CUE Integration From the current patch notes: "Support has been added for the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) SDK and Razer peripherals Supported backlit keyboards will respond to certain in-game situations like Legendary and Set item drops, characters leveling up, and more Players will need to update their firmware for supported devices to use this feature" How in the _hell_ do I turn this off? And why would I ever want a game to change the configuration on _my_ hardware, without _my_ permission? I can't find any settings in game that seem to control this, and no settings in the Corsair Cue software seem to control this. I don't care that this ability is available, I'm very upset that I seem to have no control over it, and never gave my permission for it to happen in the first place. Unless this is one of those "you agreed to the terms of use, therefore you agreed to allow us to monkey with the settings on your hardware" kinds of things.Vramin85 5h
12h Game crash every time I try to launch it I haven't played since last November/December, but I happend to lauch it yesterday to collect my season stuff, everything worked fine. But now today when I try to launch the game there will be just this error code: B9F63113-7C54-4F64-AB0A-F495E0AF4314 I even tried to uninstall/install but it was all in vain, since the error still occured.MagicApeball0 12h
13h strange performance issue hello all recently booted up diablo 3 in windows to mess around a little bit, and the game ran fine for a while, and then i started getting weird laggy pauses in the game accompanied by stuttering/buzzing audio. This affects my entire pc not just diablo 3 itself. i have to restart to make it go away, it continues even if i close the program. I watched the task manager's performance tab and only my HDD ever maxed out or came close. I dont have this problem with any other game or program. i have tried lowering video settings, changing resolutions windowed, bordered fullscreen etc. lowering audio channels, disabling sound etc should be able to run just fine, i have a 6600k and an r9390 8g vram 16g ddr4. . anyone have any ideas? thank you very much for any help.BigDaddyKane1 13h
13h How does D3 perform on Ryzen 2400G Vega graphics ? Yep, its still integrated graphics but according to several benchmarks its quite powerful - actually i only find Destiny 2 tests however iam really curious how this would handle D3 ? Maybe someone who already purchased that APU can give some insight on FPS and settings used on 1080p ? That would be nice - ty.NINEGRAVES12 13h
15h Blizzard news - how to add comment? I would like to add my comments to some news from Blizzard .. https://news.blizzard.com/en-us however i cant .. since release of diablo 3, i keep getting same error .. https://imgur.com/a/pAYWE i am getting so many errors on blizzard pages and never got actual help .. only "clear cache". From time to time, when i reinstall windows, the first thing i try when i get back online and install browser, firefox btw, i try blizzard pages .. it never works. Would like to know, whats the problem .. is it my account?sh3riff1 15h
17h Will a NVIDIA NVS 3100M graphics work ? I looked at all the requirments nuthing bout this 1 ????? need to know thinkin about buying !!!Razzor6 17h
18h Diablo 3 Crashing During Launch Hello, I've tried various steps from here including updating drivers and such. Diablo 3 worked just fine up until about a week ago and it's been completely unusable on my PC since then. I suspect there's an issue with the MSI software somewhere, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I've also disabled the Razer Chroma SDK as well as following suggested fixes here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758316199. Thanks for your time! https://pastebin.com/embed_js/F3DthLxG https://pastebin.com/embed_js/Hj4y7xerGormion8 18h
18h Game completely locks up after character selection 4 out of 5 times i start up the game lately, i select a character, get past the load screen, and this happens. had to take the pic with my phone. was the only way i could get an image of whats happening. https://imgur.com/a/VubmD note that my character is missing from the center of the screen, and the ability bar is empty. and it stays like this forever, i cant minimize the game to close it, cant open task manager to force close it, nothing. the only thing i can do is hard crash my pc. EDIT: also, scan and repair works. but only once. if i try to load the game up a second time, or after a reboot, it happens again. EDIT2: scan and repair doesnt work anymore...Moysa14 18h
1d greater rifts I HAVE JUST HIT LEVEL 70 AND TRIED A GREATER RIFT AND I STARTED AT LEVEL 45 WHICH I FINISHED WITH ANOTHER PLAYER. NOW I AM RESTRICTED TO LEVEL 45 SOLO AND DIDN'T EVEN GET IN THE DOOR. HOW DO I RESET MY RIFTS TO #1 SO AT LEAST I HAVE A CHANCE.RADGAR312 1d
1d Cannot Purchase RoS Digital Deluxe I'm trying to purchase the Reaper of Souls Digital Deluxe and it won't let me. Keeps saying 500: Internal Server Error. Error code: BLZWEBBMPZAZB.steepedshot5 1d
1d Diablo III is unable to retrieve necessary Data (new problem) Network is issue free, 47/25 up/down speed. Worked 6 hours ago. Tried restart. Blizzard there is a problem USA East coastMurray60 1d
1d Stash Tab Can someone help me Every since the season ended In my stash where you would purchase more tabs is missing completely bank . Thank you for your time.Scopeshadow8 1d
1d crash game crash when i log into my characterReaper10 1d
1d Restore hero (accidentally delete wrong one ) Hi Team , Good day , Sorry i accidentally deleted a wrong hero . As usual stash is full as always . As you know this is an anniversary event . Force myself to delete one hero just to play level 1 hero to get the butcher . Once i finished the Event . I decided to delete the level 1 hero and rebirth my crusader unfortunately doesn't work . Firstly i thought deleted heros all item will apply to my mail box but is not . Blizzard please give me back my crusader all my hard work gold , white and mats is in that Crusader stash ( under the name of ghost ) . After loyalty investing so much time on this Diablo 3 is all gone now .WIth the love of the game . If you can at least mail back all item or rebirth my Crusader would be very very very appreciate . Hope to hear good news soon from you guys . thnakssupaworm17 1d
2d Patch 2.6.1 Stuttering Lately, I've been having some issues with the game stuttering. The audio will cut out, and my FPS will drop dramatically. I believe it's due to an issue with the game's audio, or else with the game reading my HDD. I've tried numerous different "fixes" I've found, but nothing has solved it yet. I've disabled startup programs, disabled windows applications, checked my drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled, used the Blizzard repair tool, and I've tried running the game with various audio and graphics configurations. I've also tried both 32-bit and 64- bit, but the issue persists on both clients. Here's my spec for reference: OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU: Intel i7 4770K Motherboard: Sabertooth Z87 RAM: 32 GB DDR3 GPU: dual Radeon HD 7970 (issue persists with CrossfireX enabled and disabled)Junior0 2d
3d Check point fail GR Check point fail : Error Hi Blizz , Good day , Im reporting today check point fail on GR . Gameplay necromancer GR 105 suppose to be my push solo new record for tonight but fail. Necros travel to second door of the GR then through the half of the map i got 3 Champ and 1 Elite on point . Then kill by one of them . Revive twice i choose revive on point or *CHECK POINT * i chooses check point to prevent wasting my time i end up at the Town portal WTF * this is not cool . ( i have to travel to second map to meet those E and champ again - again i die i chooses check point again for the second time and end up to town portal . Sorry bout my language . i did twice in the game . SO hard to get a good map after 50 run end up fail >_< Can you please fix this ? this not the 1st time i think this is the 5th time This is really not cool and not fair . I play so hard to enjoy the game as a loyalty player . Instead of letting those botting in the game to earn the rank might as well fix this problem again and again ( this issue always happened when almost end of the season = yes happened to be last season too 2.6.0 ) Please reply i need an answer Thanks your loyalty playersupaworm3 3d
3d Constant disconnects and 1016 error after 2.6.1 So here's the deal. I've always played D3 without any problem related to connection whatsoever. Since 2.6.1 came, I'm getting constant disconnects while playing, even when I just enter the game, I get the infamous 1016. Is there any way I could make this error stop? I've asked other players and they don't seem to have this issueDaveMustaine20 3d
3d Slow cursor Cursor movement sluggish. Cursor movement in "finder" (Mac OS)normal. Also normal in WoW. However, in D3 cursor very slow. What can I do?Kai1 3d
3d Black screen and crash even after install Hey all, I tried open up D3 for the first time in about 3-4 weeks and just straight up won't work. After I press play on the B.Net client it just turns the screen black. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to task manager. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue persists. Heres the Dxiag https://pastebin.com/umEx1gjG and here's the D3Pref https://pastebin.com/rU8hYd8J Thank you in advance.WelshEdderz1 3d
3d Diablo 3 retail has stopped working This has been going on for a couple of days Diablo III crashes upon startup Getting the error "Diablo 3 retail has stopped working" As it crashes the screen is sometimes completely black only able to move my cursor or it gets up to the D3 in game login screen then crashes List of what i've done: I've updated my Nvidia drivers I've changed whether it starts up in 32bit I've tried windowed mode Reinstalled battlenet and diablo III several times Tried changing my firewall's inbound/outbound rules Repaired the game several times Turned streaming off I reset in-game optionsResolance6 3d
3d Can't change skills I log in to every character i have trying to change skills but i can't roam through every skill, i can only choose between 4 on the same "page".ChrisVel2 3d
4d Game freezes for about 5-10 secs randomly Diablo 3 keeps freezing randomly for about 5 secs in Grifts/Rifts/Bouties, it happens more regularly in Multiplayer mode. When it freezes, the whole screen is locked up, mouse and keyboards become disabled. System: core i7 Nvidia 965m dual SLI I have tried every single advice from the technical support, forums, etc, however it still freezes. Things that I have tried: - Upgraded my graphic card driver to the latest (didn't work) then downgraded back to old version(still freeze), and then back again - Disabled wifi and used a network cable instead - Changed power management to run PC in maximum performance mode - Disabled CPU throttling - Run D3 in different settings including lowering all graphics and frame rates to lowest - Disabled suspected window services, reinstalled windows - Tried resetting modem - Disabled IPv6 ... Can you please help me solve this since this issue has made the game become unplayable? What else can I do to solve the issue?ken55 4d
4d GPU (Video) Processing Question - (Solved) I have 2 monitors and like to see what's taking up CPU power, so I keep my Task Manager opened, on the second monitor. When Diablo 3 is running, it takes up very little CPU, but now I'm noticing awful lot of GPU power. Why is my GPU suddenly spiking up to 98% when running patch 2.6.1.48432? It wasn't this high before. When I go to the PTR (Patch 2.6.1.49177), and launch the game, it minimises my Task Manager, so I can't see how much GPU Diablo 3 is now using, and no matter what, I can't get it to show on the second monitor while the game is running. My system spec's are: I7 5930 CPU: 32gigs Ram: NVidia 1080 Video Card: 4k 28" Monitor: Win 10 Pro 64bit Note: To Players running 2 monitors, take a look and see what your GPU is doing while the game's running. I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing. BTW: I'm not questioning the use of my GPU, but how much it's actually using.Rogue7777715 4d
4d game glitching/rollbacks...ect where can i get some help with this problem? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20761687549 game is increasingly frustrating to play.... i just cant nomore im not the only one either. i even got a new computer on the weekend, and it still dose this annoying AF. feels like im connected to servers in australia. im realllly having a hard time enjoying D3 now let alone anything else btard has to offer as of late.ChampionNova6 4d
5d Game freezing after 2.6.1 + restarting Hi, Ever since patch 2.6.1, whenever I start a game, it loads and freezes right there at the very beginning in town (I can't even make one step, but I can move my mouse). I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the game (Windows says that it's not responding). Then on my second start, it works. I can still play, but I have to go through those steps every time to access the game. If there are additional steps or information you need, simply let me know (it's my first time posting in this section). Thank you for your help.QBBQ85 5d
5d Horrible lag spike/freezes, is it packet loss? Hi all. I have read a ton of comments and posts about people having their game freeze for 1-15 seconds every 30-60 seconds in all instances of the game. It's happening to me to as of lately and I wonder if it is packet loss. I ask the question here because I am not tech savy enough to tell on my own. When this occurs, the game freezes but I continue to hear sound and it lasts for several seconds and then resumes, basically a huge lag spike. I ran a ping test (hopefully correctly) and these are my results. Is anyone able to tell me if this is packet loss and if the solution is to call my ISP? Thanks in advance! :) |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 10.0.0.1 - 0 | 809 | 809 | 2 | 7 | 152 | 3 | | 96.120.8.173 - 0 | 809 | 809 | 10 | 26 | 257 | 11 | |te-0-0-0-9-ur02.lewistown.pa.pitt.comcast.net - 0 | 809 | 809 | 11 | 23 | 216 | 13 | |te-9-1-ur01.lewistown.pa.pitt.comcast.net - 0 | 809 | 809 | 18 | 31 | 218 | 22 | |hu-0-15-0-0-ar01.mckeesport.pa.pitt.comcast.net - 0 | 809 | 809 | 26 | 42 | 245 | 30 | |be-7016-cr02.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 809 | 809 | 33 | 49 | 257 | 46 | |hu-0-10-0-3-pe07.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 809 | 809 | 31 | 47 | 283 | 57 | |as4436-1-c.600wseventh.ca.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 809 | 809 | 32 | 48 | 247 | 36 | | 37.244.4.33 - 0 | 809 | 809 | 95 | 110 | 267 | 109 | | No response from host - 100 | 164 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 164 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 164 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 37.244.0.103 - 0 | 809 | 809 | 95 | 111 | 287 | 99 | | 24.105.30.129 - 0 | 809 | 809 | 95 | 112 | 292 | 110 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provideralexleight13 5d
5d Wings Can you get wings after just buying the normal game, without paying another €19,99 for some packs? And if so can you do it when playing with someone else in campaign mode?Zypaz2 5d
5d Starter Edition when i have bought the game!? i need help, i have bought the standard edition of diablo 3 via digital copy but is says i have a starter edition which means i cant go pass the the first boss "skeleton king" i have tried everything i could think of PLEASE any help will be appreciated and i dont want my money to be wasted your sincerely NoCommentNoComment60 5d
5d Reviving my Class Character Hello Technical Support. The last time I played Diablo III was way back 2013 or 2014. As this is the case, I checked if I can still revive my former Class (i.e. Monk and my class name is Ichinivla). The Blizzard site reported that my account was inactive for a very long time. Is there a chance I can still revive my Class and play again Diablo III with new patches and everything? Please help me...Ichinivla3 5d
5d Season 12 End I recently completed season 12 and although all of my items rolled over as well as experience, gold, etc. My seasonal rewards are not available, i.e. the Set items for completing the first for chapters. They are not available to my character or in my mailbox or stash.Brains1 5d
5d Data Retrieval Error Last week I was able to play just fine, but right now I can't even get the game to start. I always get the "Data Retrieval Error" message, any way I can fix this? Already tried deleting bnet cache, and the secondary logon fix. Still nothing.Cheese6 5d
5d Creating D3D graphics error? Hey, After the last patch, the game was no longer able to play, and would always create a grey box, and a message saying there was the D3d error. Here are my D3prefs. PreferencesVersion "42" PlayedCutscene0 "15" PlayedCutscene1 "15" PlayedCutscene2 "23" PlayedCutscene3 "143" DisplayModeFlags "0" DisplayModeWindowMode "0" DisplayModeWinLeft "320" DisplayModeWinTop "160" DisplayModeWinWidth "1280" DisplayModeWinHeight "720" DisplayModeUIOptWidth "1280" DisplayModeUIOptHeight "720" DisplayModeWidth "1280" DisplayModeHeight "720" DisplayModeRefreshRate "75" DisplayModeBitDepth "32" Gamma "1.100000" MipOffset "0" ShadowQuality "3" PhysicsQuality "1" ClutterQuality "0" Vsync "0" Letterbox "0" Antialiasing "0" LowFX "1" LimitForegroundFPS "1" MaxForegroundFPS "150" LimitBackgroundFPS "1" MaxBackgroundFPS "8" DisableTrilinearFiltering "0" ColorCorrection "1" MipBias "0.000000" ReflectionQuality "0" TonemapExposure "1.900000" TonemapContrast "1.500000" TonemapSaturation "1.000000" TonemapGain "1.000000" HardwareClass "2" PCIVendor "4318" PCIDevice "2592" MasterVolume "1.000000" EffectVolume "0.800000" MusicVolume "0.800000" NarrationVolume "0.800000" AmbientVolume "0.800000" ChannelsToUse "32" ReverseSpeakers "0" QuestSubtitlesEnabled "0" CinematicsSubtitlesEnabled "0" EchoQuestDialogToChat "1" MuteSound "0" MuteEffects "0" MuteAmbient "0" MuteVoice "0" MuteMusic "0" If you can help, that would be greatHydropotamus121 5d
5d PTR Account Reset How to reset PTR account with no copy?Osey10 5d
5d End of Season 12 Paragon Points I just checked my toons, since Season 12 has ended, so I could apply the Paragon points I acquired during the season....I didn't have all of the Paragon points I had only 47 Paragon points. Where are the rest of my points? I had over 400 Paragon points on my seasonal characters.Thelenna1 5d
6d BLZBNTAGT00000BCA BLZBNTAGT00000BCA, I cannot update diablo III, can someone tell me the problem here? it keeps saying "Whoops! looks like something broke. Give it another shot." and I keep doing that but it keeps popping up on the Fetching Build Configuration part, not even 1% in. Will someone please tell me what is happening?Arcus3 6d
6d Adventure mode blocked Today i entered to play, and soon after some guys invited me in a party i realized that i had all my items in mail...ok i was not that bad, i manage to put them all in the same place...but then i was left alone, and wanted to enter again...bam the adventure mode was blocked, for no reason. Please, any ideas?Andrei1 6d
6d Diablo 3 battle chest Hello I bought diablo 3 long time ago and installed in my computer,it played well, but recently i have purchased something called diablo 3 battle chest and it said it includes diablo 3 and reaper of souls in one,so i install the dvd and end up with just diablo 3 as before,can someone tell me whats wrong with this battle chest? I am new to this community so can someone please tell me, did i buy a wrong game,i just want the reaper of souls upgrade from the battle chestjohnsmith14 6d
6d Campaign progress is not saved Hello, I have been playing in a party of two since two weeks ago. Each time we leave the game to increase the difficulty, we lose more than half of our progress. For example, we started the campaign with Wizard characters, we were at approx. 70% progress in Act I, but when we relaunched the game we were rolled back to the Search the Royal Crypts quest. That happened twice. We started with new characters today, we made some progress in Act I again, and after leaving the game we we rolled back to the Captain Rumford quest, at the start of the game. What's happening? Has anybody encountered this issue before?Katarin331 6d
Feb 11 Necromancer Purchase I purchased the necromancer package, and I logged on to diablo 3 asia server but didn't receive anything. Would I be able to receive the in-game goods when the patch 2.6.0 is live on the asia servers?Vanquisherx81 Feb 11