Technical Support

May 17, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Before Posting Welcome to the Technical Support forum for Diablo III. This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account.http://battle.net/support/article/contact Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports [/b]should be directed to the bug report forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Please refrain from using profanity in your subject lines or thread body. While we do employ a filter that obscures offensive language this does not give license to use it freely. Please make new posts for your own issue, except where a solution has already been posted. Otherwise, please do not change the subject. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but distinct from the original topic means that replies must either ignore your post or that of the original poster. Please post a subject title that provides a clear indication of the problem you are experiencing. Posting something like "Major problem!! Look inside" does not communicate anything about the issue you are facing. Unless addressing an issue not already covered in the in-game alert or the server status forum, please do not create posts relating to server stability or down time. Please refrain from posting commentary or complaints about the game, the support process, or policy enforcement. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but such posts do not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is OK to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting actual info here on the forums is not permitted. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolution to their issues. To help do this we ask that the above guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to this forum. Lastly, please remember that Blizzard provides these forums as a venue for our customers to discuss our games. Posts can be deleted and users may be banned from this site, without prior warning or explanation, at the sole discretion of the forum moderators.Omrakos2 May 17, 2012
May 10, 2012 Basic Setup Troubleshooting Greetings, This thread is designed to help you troubleshoot and resolve installation, patching and connection related type issues. We recommend taking all the steps below before creating a post or contacting Technical Support. Additionally, we recommend checking out our Known Issues sticky (Coming Soon) to make sure you are not running into an issue that has already been reported. 1. Downloading 2. Installing/Patching 3. ConnectingRoraks3 May 10, 2012
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Troubleshooting Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
2d Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Game Crashing Updated Oct 24th, 2016 We have been receiving reports of freezing/crashing after the Windows 10 Anniversary update which appear related to the Game DVR in Windows 10. We have seen that either deleting the D3Prefs.txt file or changing the Diablo III refresh rate variable to 60 or 59 will help stop these crashes Delete the D3Prefs.txt file 1) Close Diablo III and open the Documents folder in Windows. 2) Open the Diablo III folder in Documents folder. 3) Delete the D3Prefs.txt file. or Change the DisplayModeRefreshRate variable 1) Close Diablo III and open the Documents folder in Windows. 2) Open the Diablo III folder in Documents folder. 3) Open the D3Prefs.txt file with notepad. 4) Change the DisplayModeRefreshRate variable to DisplayModeRefreshRate "60" or DisplayModeRefreshRate "59" 5) Save the D3Prefs.txt file. If the steps above did not stop the crashes please try the steps below. Turn off extended Fullscreen Exclusive (eFSE): Open the Game bar by pressing Win+G when the game launches. Select the settings cog. Uncheck the box labeled "Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified." Restart Diablo III. If the above does not resolve the issue, you can disable the Game DVR entirely via the following: Search for "Xbox" and open the Xbox app (You will need to log into your Microsoft Account.) Once open, click on the settings option on the left (Cog Wheel). Click the slider for the game DVR to turn if off. If disabling the game DVR does not resolve the issue, please ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date: NVIDIA video cards AMD video cards Intel video cards Note: if you are impacted by the issue above, we are looking for examples as we investigate the root cause of the problem. Please post a DxDiag file, using the code blocks button </> to enclose the information in a window, like this: DxDiag here Jagowoshi106 2d
Jun 22, 2012 Diablo III common errors and solutions Below are error codes and messages you may experience during installation, gameplay, and client log in. If you are experiencing any of these errors, please follow the steps provided. Installation, Setup and Patching issues "If your installation disc has been ejected, please reinsert and try again. If not, or if you keep seeing this error, log in to Battle.net and install Diablo III digitally" - If you downloaded the installer digitally, this error indicates that it did not convert the files correctly. This can often be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete. To resolve this issue, log into Battle.net and re-run the downloader. Error 108 or "An unexpected decryption error occurred" - This can be caused by corrupted, damaged or incomplete installation files. It can often times be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete. You may be able to fix this by running the downloader and pointing it to the same saved location so that it may scan and download any missing files. Unable to Initalize Streaming - This error can generally be caused by security software on your computer. During this time, however, it's possible that the error is caused by the number of people hitting the servers. Please double check your firewall settings and try again. Updating Setup Files - If you're stuck on "Updating Setup Files" try these troubleshooting steps, as well as these. Some other players have had success with this workaround, but be aware that it is not something we can suggest. Error BLZPTS00007 - This indicates that the Agent support program was unable to run. Try waiting a few minutes, then reattempt. If that fails, restart the computer and try the game again. Should the issue persist, uninstall your current copy of the game and download again from the Battle.net Game Downloads page. Error 3012 and 3014 - Please be sure to uninstall the Beta, and ensure that the Diablo III Beta folder is deleted.Velnrak3 Jun 22, 2012
Feb 14 game stuttering after patch. yes my game is stuttering super bad now. tried both reverting 32bit and 64bit. game was perfectly fine solid 150ish fps 2.4.2. hell even on 2.4.3 ptr i was running about 150 fps. but now that its on live im running at 70 and it drops to 20 every 3 ish seconds just standing still. specs: I7 intel 6700, 980TI, 16gb ramBeoArmWar198 Feb 14
Jan 25, 2016 AMD - Desolate Sands crashing The older sticky post we had up for this topic has been removed for the time being as it was advising an unsupported workaround of inserting older driver files into the Diablo III game folder to prevent crashing in certain areas of the game. It now appears that doing so is causing another problem for users who've updated to AMD's new Crimson Edition drivers, prompting the need for those older files to be removed. If you currently use an AMD video card able to use the newer Crimson Edition drivers (currently release 16.8.1), we encourage you to do so as the crashing issue should be fixed with them. If you have a legacy card not supporting the use of the newer drivers, you have the option of using the 16.x Beta Crimson Edition drivers. Note that AMD states "This driver is provided "as is"​ and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes." Please note that this is just for the issue of the game crashing when entering the Desolate Sands area primarily. It is not for another issue we're seeing where the game will suddenly "black" out while the user continues to hear the game sounds in the background. That particular problem is not brand specific, happening to Nvidia and AMD users alike.Omrakos0 Jan 25, 2016
Jan 27 Characters Missing or Logging Into The Wrong Region - 1/12/17 Hey folks, We've recently seen some reports of people logging in and noticing that all of their characters are missing. This mainly happens when logging into the wrong region. For example, if your characters are on the US servers and you happen to log into the EU servers, no characters are going to show up because they are saved on the US servers, and not on the EU servers. To resolve this, you would normally just log out and verify that you are logging into the correct region. However, the reports we've been seeing state that setting the client to the correct region in the Battle.net app has not been working. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating the cause of it. In the meantime, if you have verified that your app and game are set to the correct region, and you are still missing your characters, please try the launching D3 manually, since that workaround seems to work. Here's how to do that: 1. Navigate to the Diablo III folder. 2. Locate the Diablo III.exe, right click on it and select Create shortcut. 3. Move the newly created shortcut to the desktop. 4. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties. 5. In the Target field, leave a space after the last quotation mark and add -launch The target line should now look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch 6. Click on the Apply button and use the shortcut to launch the game. When the game loads up, you should see the old login screen which you can now use to log in. Before doing that, check that the correct region is selected. You can seen the region in small font below the login button. If the wrong region is selected, click on Options > Account, and change the region in the Server Region Selection drop down menu. ______________________________________________________ Customer Support Contact InformationDankorii51 Jan 27
Jan 25, 2016 AMD - Desolate Sands crashing The older sticky post we had up for this topic has been removed for the time being as it was advising an unsupported workaround of inserting older driver files into the Diablo III game folder to prevent crashing in certain areas of the game. It now appears that doing so is causing another problem for users who've updated to AMD's new Crimson Edition drivers, prompting the need for those older files to be removed. If you currently use an AMD video card able to use the newer Crimson Edition drivers (currently release 16.8.1), we encourage you to do so as the crashing issue should be fixed with them. If you have a legacy card not supporting the use of the newer drivers, you have the option of using the 16.x Beta Crimson Edition drivers. Note that AMD states "This driver is provided "as is"​ and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes." Please note that this is just for the issue of the game crashing when entering the Desolate Sands area primarily. It is not for another issue we're seeing where the game will suddenly "black" out while the user continues to hear the game sounds in the background. That particular problem is not brand specific, happening to Nvidia and AMD users alike.Omrakos0 Jan 25, 2016
1h PTR: Error 34200: Game servers are not available PTR: Error 34200: Game servers are not available. I'm getting this error while logging in to the PTR realm. Is anyone else facing this issue right now?B0T7 1h
7h Game takes me to desktop and then back to game Hi all, I posted this topic a second ago and it looks like it was removed. I have no idea why, I have looked through all of the forum pages and the welcome posts and I do not have an answer to my issue. My game takes me back to the desktop and then back into game. Sometimes this happens rapidly over and over again, sometimes it will only happen once every 30 mins. This is currently happening every time I log into the game. I turned down foreground and background FPS to 50 and disabled vsync, this helped for a sec but didnt help the issue I am having. I have disabled nvidia optimus using BIOS settings and this also did not help. Please let me know if you can help, or let me what to do to get this working. Its a great game and I just want to play. My specs are i7-6700HQ, 16gb RAM, GTX 1070 - Laptop.midnightL7 7h
8h Dashing Strike Rubberbanding For the past couple weeks or so, I have been noticing some horrible rubberbanding on my LoN LTK Monk. I speed farm very fast on this build, so this is very noticeable. What happens, is when I am spamming Dashing Strike while my Ingeom is procced. I notice that I will either dash to a weird location, or that I will kind of rubberband. It used to be a very smooth animation and I would go in the direction that my mouse was pointing.. Simply not the case anymore. Is there anything I might be able to fix that could be causing this issue? I thought that it could possibly be a latency issue, but my latency is consistent with what it has always been. Even though it is higher than I would like it to be, which is between 95-110 ms.Gimpzor33 8h
8h Error: BLZBNTBGS80000021 (3003) error will not log in battlenet hi, since 9am i have benn tryin to log on to battle net to play diablo3. Error: BLZBNTBGS80000021 this error comes up and will not let me log in. i live in korea and all the people that live in korea cannot log into america battle net and cant play the game. its almost 8:30 pm now its been 12 hours. please tell me when battle net will let me log in or whats going on. ive been waiting 12 hours for an asnwer please let me know.bumkey36 8h
12h Disconnects every 2-5 minutes So I am another one who is experiencing this problem - again. However, I am running the same game, same patch, same OS on two different systems connected to the same router on the same high speed business internet connection. One system works, the other does not. So I am calling BS on any fix that requires a reboot of the modem- both systems use the same modem/router and I've measured the same throughput on each system. Both systems are running the same OS - Windows 10. Both systems use the same mouse, keyboard and monitor - via a switch. Yet one system works and the other does not. Just sayin'Split294 12h
12h Error 5012 problem to add friends Do you guys have the same problem?Shadow11 12h
15h ERROR STARTING Hello! can't log into the game, error D19A9D93-AF6F-46BC-A4D9-334060CBD335. Reinstallation did not help(grab41k1 15h
15h Timeouts and Disconnects Anyone else getting random timeouts and disconnects periodically? Maybe once every half hour to full hour? I'm not having any network issues whatsoever and have done plenty of tests to ensure such a claim. But while I'm playing D3, I can be in the middle of a Rift and just get randomly "timed out" and I seriously have no logical explanation for it. Just wanting to see if anyone else has experienced this lately. Seems like it just started either yesterday or today with no prior problems at all.ShockZero185 15h
16h Diablo's mouse cursor changed to an ugly white thing. Instead of the bronze arrowhead looking icon my mouse cursor has become a large traditional mouse cursor. I've tried running the repair and when that didn't work a fresh install. Its very annoying, and while not game breaking it bothers me greatly.Farg5 16h
18h Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista "Starting later this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, the games will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule, and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game." Your games Minimum requirements state that your games will run on : Windows® XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Diablo-III-System-Requirements) So now if we want to continue to play your games we are going to be forced to upgrade to other operating systems? I say that is bull since according to what your site says is the min. requirements are. Your company makes billions of dollars but is to cheap to support your games that people have PAID for and have been playing since the 2000's. So now we are going to be forced to pay more money to play your games. Such BS lmfao Also, from stuff ive read, alot of the people that upgraded was tricked into upgrading since microsoft rigged its little red X box.TheRugester23 18h
18h admin need help plz im on xbox one a while back i joined a havked lonby by accident i didnt know this could happen my paragon shot up high and i quit playing the game because of it.. id like to start fresh on paragon level if that was a possibilitiy. my xbox one gamertag is NYconcretejungl plz and thank youNYconcrete1 18h
1d [64bits] FPS drop with twisters on screen Hello, Since the 64bit client when I encounter Sand Shaper or Saxtris and they start spamming theirs twisters/tornadoes then my FPS goes down like crazy. In town I get like 120-140FPS and with 3 twisters I have like 10FPS. Every time.Tares2 1d
1d Game stutter Game Stutter: Here's what I have found: -This is intermittent -This is an issue that has arrived several times in the past (from older threads posted by other players). -The stutter occurs consistently 2-3 seconds every time it initiates. -Across all characters and play modes. Here's what I have tried: -Turning sound off, to see if there was a certain sound causing the conflict. Nada. -Updating v.card driver for my NVidia gtx 970, I have the most recent one that I have installed fresh, deleting all previous drivers. -Still ongoing. -Shut off DVR option in both Xbox app and V.card, NVidia calls it shield. Nope. -Played around with the video settings, even turning everything to bare bones bottom, still happens. -This is the only game this happens with, and happens to be the one that I want to play. Far as I can tell, this problem started happening about 2 weeks ago. Here's my setup: i7-6700 @3.40GHz 8GB Ram 64-bit Win 10 Home NVidia gtx970 with most recent driver (2.14.2017) Any insight would be fantastic. Just got my Monk to a gentlemans' T9 and would like to keep progressing without this little thing messing things up in a big way. ~cheers -MikeChikaka1 1d
1d Lag badly since new 2.4.3 patch. lagging since new 2.4.3 patch. Was lagging in PTR too. Why is that? wasnt lagging in previous patch.johnywallker114 1d
1d Lag/Input Delay Since 2.4.3 Since this new patch I have noticed quite a bit of a delay when attacking and receiving damage from enemies. I regularly notice a .5-1s delay when attacking enemies and damage will intermittently stop registering and then register all at once. This is extremely frustrating in high grifts.. I have tried the trouble shooting tips and installing the game again, but havent been able to resolve this issue. Hope you have some suggestions, i would love to play without lag. I can provide full system specs as well, but I cant remember the exact way they are requested. The basics: Windows 10 6600k gtx1070 ... ...ryannoceros3 1d
1d Crusader Sound Issues My brother and I have been playing, and as soon as he changed his Crusader to the common Blessed Hammer build, we both noticed our sound was cutting in and out, stuttering a lot. This must be a technical issue, as I have not run into it before, nor has my brother.DingleBerrez28 1d
1d i get this, or something like this.. C510F1A0-3E4D-451B-A2F4-2C1E39233F37 when i try to login no overlays installed, worked before today, i could play on t6 rifts on my seasonal WD i shutdown my computer nightly fresh windows install current drivers ran game repair to check for issues. have done virus checks, sfc /scannow reset gfx settings. did i miss anything?Twospirited5 1d
1d D3d11.Dll not found d3d11.dll Game will not launch error = Unable to locate component This application has failed to start because d3d11.dll was not found. Windows Vista. FYI Idid uninstall and reinstall game.FurryFingers8 1d
1d High VRAM usage Hello, When using 64bit client, I've noticed that after some time my VRAM usage goes around 3,9GB with GTX970. Normally I would not care, but after some time in game I start to get this 1-2s stuttering from time to time which is quite annoying.Tares2 1d
1d Constant crashes, freezes, BSOD I keep getting part of the way through desolate sands then I get freezes, crashes, and one time a BSOD. I had one or two crashes before this area too. My system info MSI 980Ti SLI AMD 9590 32 GB RAM Windows 10 64bitShinyPants1 1d
2d Constant disconnection from server After streaming the fist and second day of Season 9 - about 12 hours worth - I go to play on day 3 and get disconnected from the server, since I am rifting right now I see the disconnect after about 1-3 min of game play. It does not matter if I start the rift or or if I am joining any one. I contacted support through the IM interface. Closed my community chat, gave them all the documentation they wanted, and guess what I found on my own, that when I run a trace route on their IP it can not be resolved. Even winmtr can not resolve their host. As of right now I am fully up to date with all drivers, was before the new patch dropped, and and going to try re-installing the client. I find it funny that after 2 days of great game play now the whole thing is broken. I am posting here in hope that some one will get this fixed, because it seems I am one of a very few experiencing this issue.Daarkwind10 2d
2d Can't click or interact with enemies/items after 20 minutes Bought a new Windows 10 PC. Installed Battle.net, then DIII. Waited till game was at 100% installation to play. After 15-20 minutes, without fail, the game becomes completely unresponsive. Enemies stop moving, I can't interact with items, menu buttons are unresponsive, etc. I have to Alt-Tab out of the program to shut it down. Please help!LewsZephyr1 2d
2d Achievement Bug Somehow I am not able to get [I'll be your wingman] and [History of Tristram]. I did manage to find 'the hanging tree' twice, but I could not get a lore book after blowing skeletons. Same to wingman, my enchantress did kill magda(no thorns, no area damage, nothing) but it didn't give the credit for it. I tried all bosses on normal, yet it only scored butcher, kulle, and belial. Fix this pz blizzard.GMdest0 2d
2d Diablo 3 mouse problem I bought the 3 diablo 3 steelseries mouse, and it worked initially however while trying to install the steelseries driver engine for it thingy it stopped working. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1049753-Steelseries-Diablo-3-Gaming-mouse-issue. that guy has a similair problem to me. I also pressed that button (idk why it would matter) Anywho, the led light keeps blinking. And the d3 logo coloring doesent work anymore, mouse does not seem to wkrAnuiran94 2d
2d Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista Can you be more specific about this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753158765 ... What is the reason for such change? When is this coming EXACTLY? How suddenly all "the games will not run on them"? The above pretty much sounds like "go buy new windows!". Edit: More info in this thread - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753158995Skelos14 2d
2d Screenshots (Issue) Hello there! I've been trying to take a few pictures in D3, but to no avail... They are not in the Battle.Net folder (where D3 is located) and neither are on "Documents/D3/Screenshots", they simply don't appear and I don't know where else to look... Some help will be really appreciated! The only thing when I use the Print Screen button is just a fraction of a second stop, like it actually took the picture but nothing else, with no results. :'( PS: I used the "Scan and Repair" option too, but nothing either. Oh! And I have Windows 8.1, for more info'!Undirys7 2d
2d Game crashing dispite trying everything. So just to say it. I've been through everything on the forums. Every time i play i get disconected. I tried router management, windows controls, I even uninstalled and reinstalled as a last resort which seemed to help a bit but continued to persist shortly there after. i deleted the d3xd in docs. This has persisted for the better portion of a week rendering the game unplayable. If anyone can provide me advise or something i can try that isnt* listed in the forums I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.MoonHeaven7 2d
2d Teleporting Problem Since the new season patch my WD is having trouble teleporting without being stopped and made to do it again. I push the M key select a location and during the countdown I am usually interupted. Im would appreciate fixing this, its annoying. JackJPCruzin0 2d
3d Multiseat diablo 3. I would need a way to start diablo 3 just like i start Heroes of the storm with the support64 launcher which starts straight to logon screen. i can play 2 persson on my pc with 2 windows 7 and2 keyboard-mouse, we would love to play diablo 3. How can we laucnh the game to login screen? Our problem is that the launcher says the game is already running on the computer since it detect the game on the other windows instance.Tangerine5 3d
3d Can't View Profile on Battle.net I can't see my profile for some reason. When I click the button it says that I may need to look at another region (i.e., Europe or Asia). My settings show that I'm in the America's, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also, I've been playing the PC version for the past several weeks (logged in as early as last night), so inactivity isn't the issue. Any help would be appreciated.Kingdom8991 3d
3d Crash after hibernation or idle The game crashes after my computer goes into hibernation or idle. It is only recoverable by switching off the computer and then back on again at the power switch. Several occasions I have paused the game and needed to resolve another problem and when I come back to the game the screen is black with no option to recover or error message. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.AscottRio5 3d
3d Can't press and hold an attack while holding right mouse button. Can't press and hold an attack while holding right mouse button. For example while in archon, I can not press and hold arcane blast and channel disintegration wave. When trying to do so it will only do one arcane blast and then stop. Instead of doing the attack every time its ready, without the need to repeatedly press the key. That is just one example. I can't do this with any attack/skill combo.shoted0 3d
3d Accidently disable the intel graghic card need help I did that and my screen went black non of the buttons do nothing does anyone know how to fix this I googled it and what not and the only post I could find was saying I had to take pop the battery out a nd pop back in in a minute what you thinkrideoutslair1 3d
3d PC crashes only when idle in auction or game. Okay, so I have Win7, 12gb dd3 ram, icore7, ATI Radeon HD 4800 series gfx card, newest driver. Whenever I'm in the auction for about 5minutes or idle in game for 5minutes, my pc shuts completely off while running D3. I never had this problem before. I can play D3 for hours on end without a crash, only happens when the char is not moving it seems. Any advice?kaspir2 3d
3d Games freezes briefly, everything vanishes, then resumes My game randomly freezes, mostly in act 3 areas, then all the walls and models disappear except for the floor, then 2 seconds later, everything catches up. Ive never had this problem in the past. i74970k 4ghz 32gig ram 1800mhz GTX 980ti and my game is on an SSD Nvidia 144hz gsync monitor Win10 most recent update I super overwhelm this game and my graphics drivers are up to date. Any thoughts? EDIT: I recently had the game crash and it says "application blocked from accessing hardware."Damnation58 3d
3d Dose Diabol 3 support 21:9 screens? Looking to get this: https://www.amazon.com/Microboard-M340CLZ-3440x1440-REAL100HZ-Monitor/dp/B01M5DVR94/ref=sr_1_1?tag=linus21-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1481404269&sr=8-1&keywords=microboard+34 And want to know if I will have any issues with playing Diablo 3 on it, thank you!SeaBigBear5 3d
3d im haveing some problems please help my ping is good 90-140 usualy my internet is med speed but I'm having lag problems while walking threw town my toon seams to studer sometimes and act 2 greater rift lvls the ones with walls on both sides lags like hell for some of reason I don't understand if u could help me that would be greatrideoutslair9 3d
3d is there a trick to NOT get reported ? like putting nonsense symbols after each other ? -i tried 10x in a row to report someoneRUNtoFUN1 3d
3d Diablo III was Unable to locate the build info Diablo III was Unable to locate the build info... i get this error everytime i try to start the gameN3da1 3d
3d Patch 2.4 inventory and stash wont load At first my game was doing the freeze every two minutes thing then they came out with the new update and when im in town I can not do anything cause I can't see what I have or things to buythebesty198949 3d
4d Error Getting error 1016 just after disconnectBGCATHUNTR3 4d