Technical Support

Jul 5, 2012 Server issues I sent a ticket to support the other day, and while I'm impressed with their responses, nothing can really be done on their part. Here's the conversation between a Blizzard Support employee and myself. Me: Annoyed Blizzard user, clinging on to faith in the company. In fear of being lumped into a category with many others like me, I've come to complain about server lag and latency problems. Let me start off by saying that I have been playing Blizzard games for many years; WC3, Wow, and now Diablo 3. I have had my fair share of lag, but nothing like this. Tonight, while farming Act 3 Hell on my Hardcore Witch Doctor I began rubber banding. Usually I can Spirit Walk to get out of it, but that wasn't the case this time. I sat there, useless, watching my character, one that I invested a lot of time into over the past couple weeks, die. 49 hours of in game time, as well as probably that much again out of game time was lost, because of server issues. I love the idea behind Hardcore, that you only have one chance, if you die you're done. And I've died in Hardcore before. I had a level 58 Witch Doctor die in Act 2 Hell because of my own stupidity. I was mad, sure, but not at you guys. I was mad at myself. And I took that experience as a lesson, made another Witch Doctor, started the long grind through the levels once again, and successfully made it to 60. I was gearing well, about to try my hand at Inferno Act 1 tomorrow, now all of that progress is lost. Let me repeat; I love the idea of HC, and I can accept it if I die from my own mistakes. But, what I have an issue with, is when I die from something not in my control, that's when I get annoyed. I've seen a lot of posts through Reddit and the d2jsp forums talking about Blizzard's server issues and customer service lately, and I've been shaking them off. You've been a good company in the past, one that produces quality games, and I don't have any personal beef with the way you've treated me. But, with that being said, I'm hoping that something can be done. Maybe not for me, but some kind of fix. There have been countless HC deaths over the past week because of server issues, not because of the fault of the player. I hope something can be done. I look forward to hearing your response. Blizz:Thank you for contacting Blizzard entertainment. This is Brian. I am glad you decided to send us your complaint. I have categorized this issue into the Game Play Reports for our developers to be able to look at. You are not the only one that has reported such game behavior and the D3 development teams are well aware that there are players who get pretty severe lag issues. Some of the time it is server side and many times it can be other elements causing the issues. I worked with multiple people last week all having the same issue and then after about 5 days they reported that the issue went away on its own, or one of them said they contacted their ISP who informed them they had a known issue with some of their service. I have had others tell me that a router or modem firmware update resolved issues like this. With such a broad scope of possible elements that can cause the issue it is a hard one to troubleshoot. However we do have some support articles which cover things people have done to help resoslve or at least get their connection be a little better. http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/basic-connection-issues-high-latency Good Luck. Me:Thanks for the response, I appreciate the feedback. While this could have been an issue with my own internet connection or what-not, I know that there have definitely been lag spikes while playing in co-op games where we will both experience the lag. I strongly believe that this was the case in my death. I understand that there is no way to prove it, so I won't pursue any kind of recompense for my unfair death. But once again, I urge that these server issues be fixed. And yes, I know that time is going towards a fix. But in my eyes, and I think it is a shared opinion across the HC community, these server issues should take priority to the new release of content. The old parts, the base of the game, need to be flawless before you can build on top of it. Again, I understand I'm just one more voice here, and I hardly know what I'm talking about, but I'd just like to shed some light on what I believe to be the common opinion of your customer base. Thanks for your response to my initial ticket, I appreciate the personal attention you gave to my issue. Them:Hey there! ^_^ Thank you for your feedback! I personally enjoy to hear all the different ideas and concerns players have about the game and the unique view they offer. We as Game Masters are not developers, and do not create, implement, or otherwise alter any content within the game. Just the same, we are legally unable to accept or forward suggestions regarding the game and its content. I do apologize for the inconvenience, however feedback and suggestions must be put on the forums rather than via Game Master ticket. However, I would hate to see this suggestion go unheard! Could you please let our Development Team know, by posting your feedback within the appropriate forum? Our forums can be found at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/. The Forums are moderated and reviewed continuously by those who do have the capability of making any changes you may want to see, and they are always eager to hear player feedback, negative or positive. So, here I am on what they told me would be the correct "podium" to voice my concerns. To sum it up, I think that the server issues, disconnects and latency issues, should be set as the number one priority. The already existing content should be fixed before the new is released. And when something as bad as this, especially pertaining to Hardcore, arises, it should receive most of the attention. I doubt that my voice will really change anything, but regardless, I'd like my opinion to be heard.Googlepacer2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 AH down? It shows down to me but my friends see it up? what gives?Pistolero1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Someone hack me. I lost everything , it's there any way to get my stuff back or should i just quit ?igna3 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Windows 8 and D3 Anyone else running Windows 8 and also playing D3? I am able to play, but sometimes I randomly get launcher errors.JNG5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Consistent Time Outs - Time Warner California Ever since yesterday I haven't been able to stay connected to Diablo for more than 5 minutes! I would get disconnected every time! I tried again this morning and same thing. Anyone else in the Los Angeles area with Time Warner cable experiencing disconnects?FILIPSON1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 So how's the stuttering fix coming? Nearly two months in, and I'd like to play this game without getting dizzy after an hour.Mugwump5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 RMAH Transaction failed Not sure if this is the right forum to post or not, but two of my Auctions on the RMAH failed, do I get those items back or are they gone for good.Terror4 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Error 3007/InternetDisabled So I'm playing diablo 3 and have mumble open, these are the only programs I have running. I'll be playing for varying periods of time when "error 3007" pops up and my internet completely shuts down and I have to power-cycle the modem/router/computer to get it up again. No one else I know seems to have this issue while playing, and it only happens while running D3.Vorlock1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Whats with these responses to Tickets?? quest The item i cant find is the waypoint i saved myself in inferno i had passed the 7. blood and sand quest in inferno on my wizard and got to the desolate sands.. got both waypoints in the desolate sands now i try to go back to where i left off in act 2, and i have to repeat going through the aquaducts all over again.... i already did this. i thought completing quests and collecting waypoints saved my progression??? it took 5 hours and 500,000 gold in repair bills to get through the aquaducts... now i have to do it all over??? i got the waypoints.. .i should be saved into the next quests...i got the waypoints. i need this to be fixed.. (6/23/2012 10:44 AM) #1 6/23/2012 10:44 AM Customer Service Representative Due to security concerns, there is a processing time involved in the approval of accounts upgraded through our website. If you have recentl Due to security concerns, there is a processing time involved in the approval of accounts upgraded through our website. If you have recently upgraded an account and find that you still do not have full access in game, this is due to the fact that the account is currently pending approval for the online upgrade. We are currently investigating an issue in which some Diablo III digital purchase approvals are taking longer than 72 hours, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. While we expect that you will be able to advance past level 13, and progress beyond the Skeleton King after maintenance this Tuesday, June 26th, other restrictions (like picking up dropped items) may remain in place until the delay is fully resolved. Thank you for your patience. (6/26/2012 12:35 AM) #2 6/26/2012 12:35 AM Im flabergasted. How is this in any way helpful to the technical problem i have experienced playing your game?? the answer has nothing to do with this at all? Like ok , i got ALL waypoints, and ALL checkpoints, logged off and came back later, and i couldnt return to the same quest where i left off. This is a major bug, and needs to be fixed. Can i get some clarity on what Valtharoki was thinking when he/she wrote this response to my problem? or do you not care enough about your customers to even get a actual response? I cant even re open my ticket saying issue hasnt been resolved... the customer rep forced it resolved without my permission. What does having a level 13 and getting passed the skeleton king have anything to do will being in act 2 inferno and the game glitching out and not saving my progression?Muchisimo2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Alienware M17x R4 having constant stuttering! Hi, i am using the latest model of Alienware M17x R4 and i am facing constant irritating stuttering effect or i called it a "slow motion effect" when the character is moving around. Example: Character is walking smoothly for 10s then suddenly the slow motion/stuttering effect appears for 3-5s before going back to smooth mode again for 20s.. and then the stuttering/slow motion effect appear again. It's a non-stop effect and is very irritating. I've tried all in-game settings & none works even if i've set everything to Low. My HDD read response for Diablo 3 is 1-3ms max. Here's the laptop's key specs: OS: Windows 7 Ultimate Proccessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820QM CPU @ 2.70GHz Memory (RAM): 16GB Graphics: 2GB Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M Hard Disk: 2TB Sata Raid 0 5400RPM My laptop's specifications are definitely way above the minimum/recommended/maximum requirements to get the best performance out in diablo 3. But i am getting the performance of a 10 years old laptop. Wrong Investment :'( . Are there any computer pros out there can advise? Or blues?BuLiuMing0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Lag spikes Since yesterday I've been having lag spikes, everything was fine but just when I was finishing a SB run the problem started, I've not been able to play today cause every time I face some mobs I start getting lag spikes and die, anyone know what the problem could be?Centellardo2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Well, Blue Screen again.. >.> Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 124 BCP1: 0000000000000000 BCP2: FFFFFA8007110028 BCP3: 00000000BE000000 BCP4: 0000000000800400 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\070512-15022-01.dmp C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-20248-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt Thank you >.< need help!!! Appriciated if you guys can take some time on this.. tyvmGigatergar1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Gold spam in chat makes trading impossible. Please do something about the gold spammers in the chatrooms. The spammers in trade chat have made it literally impossible for us to buy or sell items to each other at times. Any time we post an item, it immediately gets flooded out of the screen by gold spammers on trial accounts. I would suggest not allowing characters below a certain level use chatrooms, but I've seen some spammers that were level 18. Please, pretty please, do something about this. It was annoying last week, unbearable a few days ago, but if you go in there today you will see that the spam is almost overwhelming as everyone's block list is now full.Diezel8 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 recent high latency issues, i've been playing the game for well over a month now but as of recently, in the past week, my latency has been so high the game is unplayable?? my computer is pretty much brand new and my connection is strong. any ideas or suggestions??beachtek5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 I cannot log in for 2days, error 3007, help!! Urgent help needed! nothing is updated or changed in my Mac. But i cannot log in Diablo3 starting from This tuesday, 7/3. I tried to reboot network, router but no gains. i also checked my battle account in web, everything is normal. anybody help?! cheers!manyuet2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Constant lag. Seriously. Everything is turned down to low. Absolutely no programs but Diablo 3 running and yet I have 1000ms constant. I know the servers have had a lot of stress on them but quite frankly you should've anticipated that and done something about it. This is pathetic. And it's ruining what is most likely an amazing game!thawn7 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Chat Issues Blizzard PLEASE address chat-spamming!!!!!!!!! This is a technical issue with a technical answer - implement simple timed-ban chat filters for repetitive multi-line text!!!! -Can't communicate with friends -Can't communicate consistently through any public channel -Miss story dialogue (not that I give two !@#$s, but your STORY is getting pushed out of the way by spam bots) -Can't sell or buy reliably outside of AH (I'm sure this doesn't bother your "vision" of the game - but I'm a player and it's ruining my "experience" If you need technical advice setting up chat filters, hit me up. Otherwise stop worrying about stuff that people AREN'T complaining about (MF), and please fix CORE USER-EXPERIENCE ISSUES like this.Joshuabees0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 A few AH issues after patch I could have sworn last night when I went to sleep I had 6 items up on the AH, now when I log on there are only three one of which says expired but is not in my completed tab so that I can repost :/MaliciousJ74 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 AH unavailable, but not according to status I was having some weird AH issues like other people described: auctions disappearing and such. Some of them reappeared, also I wasn't able to create a new auction, then after several tries I was. Now it says the auction house is unavailable, even though the server status page lists it as up. What's going on?PvtDeth19 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Network disconnect death Just died on my lvl 43 hardcore character due to a network disconnect, pretty frustrated about it... I doubt there's a chance of me getting it back. I am pretty certain it's not on my side, my internet is running fine here, would Blizzard be able to restore my character, this wasn't a lag death but an entire disconnect which is just stupid... Edit: Info about my death. Was up to Act 2 Nightmare, where you have to open the portals to fight Khule (?), just read others have been dcing in nm as well. >.<Exbajalator0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Videocard ?? - nVidia Quadro NVS 160M work? My laptop is the Dell Latitude E6500 with the Intel Chipset 4 - integrated video card. Needless to say the Chipset 4 isn't supported and will not function with the game. The Dell laptop had a motherboard upgrade with the video card nVidia Quadro NVS 160m. Do anyone know if this card will work? I don't want to go through the trouble of buying and installing a new motherboard only to find out that the card doesn't work. According the "unsupported video card" section on the forums the "Nvidia Quadro NVS" and Nvidia Quadro NVS 130M" are not supported ,however, this specific card is not on the list. Any thoughts?MarkS1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Banned after being hacked? In EU... I'm NA? I was hacked during the recent fiasco.... and it looks like it's stemming from a really old WoW account compromise that I thought was dealt with months ago. I've recently scanned my system, changed my password and added an authenticator just to stop any more violations. Unfortunaly I just received an email from Blizzard EU (odd because I play on NA), telling me that my account has been closed, and that due to privacy issues they can't even tell me what happened. I've had this game for less than 2 weeks and Blizzard is telling me that my 60$ they will keep, but the game I bought is no longer usable. I'm by no means a hacker, and I'll admit it was stupid of me to think the WoW thing would never resurface, but my SC2 account has been fine since beta..... so I thought it was over. (I only tried a free WoW pass for a few days and stopped playing because it wasn't a game I enjoyed). I've submitted a ticket to both NA and EU battle.net to review the situation so I can get my account back..... but I'm really steamed right now. When my WoW account apparently got hacked, it was months after I had stopped using it, and I actually thought the violation emails were phishing emails... so I tried to go onto my Battle.net account to see if I could deactivate it from there.... but I don't think I could. Has anyone else been banned during this fiasco? Does anyone know of something else I can do to try and get my account put back in good standing? I really don't want to demand a refund, I want to play Diablo 3......but I'm not a hacker, and I haven't done anything wrong. Being treated like is insulting :( I would have appreciated that they could have at least contacted me to see what was going on.TheAlchemist4 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Crashing after exiting cellar with leah I have just got the game today and was working perfectly until I go up the ladder from the cellar then walk up the path and then crashes. Anyone got a clue why this happens?Zyekoo0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 unable to change language after 03/07 patch anyone facing same problem? unable to change language after patchingDIABLOKILL3R10 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Auction House items and history gone!!! Logged in today, and the Auction house took a while to load. After it was done, i checked my completed Tab to notice there was no history of completed items there nor the items i had previously listed. I haven't logged in for two days, so all my auctions should be in completed tab. Mind Boggling!BurstLimit1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 RMAH Hey guys , sry if this is the wrong place to put this but ATM I couldn't find a better place to discuss about this. I've purchased 2 items recently with PayPal but I was shocked today when I checked my bank account and there were actually 4 records saying the authorization to blizzard rather than 2. Even though 2 of them are still pending. I just wanna some help on this in terms of what should I do to make sure those extras won't be charged since I have already paid them. Or what should I do to get this fixed?IMAgine0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Auction Bug! Lost 60 Million!!! I made two large bids yesterday and both were ending in the middle of the night. The bids were for a total of 60 million. I log in this morning and both items are no longer listed in the auction history and my gold is gone ... nothing in inventory, nothing in history, nothing ... all gone. What the heck happened, and how do I at least get my bid money back?????IUandUofM5 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Auction House cnt open pls say reason i sell a lot thing inside, don't mising, a lot of money ah -_-LaiHoiXi2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Antialiasing increasing load stutter. So, I just wanted to point out that I have noticed that any forms of anti aliasing seem to exacerbate existing stutter. I'm pretty sure my gpu is not crapping out on me when walking through new areas, which leads me to believe that the way anti aliasing itself is implemented. Comments? Anyone running it smooth with in game aa, fxaa, or any forms of msaa?tehxdemixazn3 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 port triggering Hey, Could you help me . I am noob when it comes to seting up this port triggering. Btw. is it better for game to trigger ports or forward ? I added two serivece in my triggering section and here it goes how it looks Service Name | service type | Inbound connection | Serivce user diablo 3 | tcp: 80 | tcp/udp 6889-6999 | any diablo 3s | udp: 1119 | tcp/udp 6889-6999 | any does it look like it should ? i cant add tcp service type 1119 its tells me that other service use those ports range . And no this port triggering didnt help me yet game still is laggyisosBob3 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Auction Error lost gold Tried to purchase a stormshield for approx 10m and received an error 31701(not sure if exact error code). Lost the gold and no item. Please resolve asap.MrToboi9 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Patch Looping, Unique I've already patched, but the loader constantly tries to patch and will never actually load the game on its own. I can press "Play" but it won't actually load the game unless I do a weird trick with task manager: The "agent.exe" file seems to have two sizes of memory usage, one at 9K memory and one at 46K memory. It will start at 46K every time I open Diablo 3 which seems to prvent the game from starting - I have to end the 46K process twice, at which point it reverts to 9K agent.exe, and the game loads fine. Does anyone know WTF is going on, and what I can do to get the loader to realize it's already patched and not have to open task manager every time I want to open the game?RonPaul6 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Error 10001 We are being force-fed the general chat now? Cant leave it or when you attempt to you get error 10001. Also thanks for fixing the balancing issues in the classes, but not the dc and 3007 issues. What good is it if my monk is now balanced with a barbarian if I cant play for more then 10 minutes at a time? SMHMavorick4 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 @ Blizzard. Hey Blizz, So i was putting some shoulders up on ah today i canceled it to put it up for more gold and relisted it after i relisted it i was gonna put something else up and i noticed the shoulders were gone, they weren't even in my completed Section i did not get any gold back its not in my Bags / Stash, So my guess was the gold farmers / bots took it and the gold spammers are back in trade spamming all day Encase you guys weren't aware.Thorr1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Auctions missing Went to bed around 1am est with 5-6 items on the RMAH, now have 1 and the others have disappeared. Same on the gold AH, 10 items for sale now 7 items missing. Something tells me your systems are a bit borked and you should fix them. Also if you could return my digital items to me, that would be great.Fallakin8 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 error 33000 I can't put anything new up for auction even though the auction tab says I only have 4 auctions going. Also, only 2 of my auctions are showing up when it says I have 4. Whats going on?MotherofKhan0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Missing Auctions 7/5/2012 7:17 central Missing Auctions 7/5/2012 7:17 central I logged on to check my auctions and it seems a lot of my auctions have disappeared. The log doesn't show me selling anything and they didn't come back to my auction queue. The count out of 50 in my auction queue seems to be off too. It shows I have two auctions out of 50 when I have a few over ten. This is affecting the real money auction house auctions too. I logged out and back in several times and my auctions were still missing. Please give me the gold and U.S. Dollars for the items or give me the items back. Taking these items is like stealing since they are worth real money.Jakeofcats0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 AH errors I'm having 31073 errors. Also items in my completed tab said 28/50 but only show 7 items. The log, which previously had my recent transaction is now no longer there. The bracer which i recently bought is gone from log but still in my bank. (?) Edit: Log is now showing correctly but "auctions" tab is blank... I have 4-5 items selling.Kayz1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Problem with trade I cannot add friends and trade items and even tho my account got verified (i got the blizzard email) . Please refer me to a bug fix or somethingtomepajk2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Confirmation sms Is there an alternative to confirmation sms in RMAH? Because I was able to setup sms-confirmation (by waiting for an hour with webpage open for blizz sms), but I can't use RMAH becouse I don't receive any sms or receive it after an hour or even more... and until then then the auction creation fails :/ (I am from Lithuania and probably that is the main reason for the sms lag) Is there some kind of virtual phone number I can create to receive messeges?Justas0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 [SOLVED]Game freezes for a second then fixes? Is that pinned topic about this? This only started happening today. I'm in the boss battle with Iskatu (whom I have already beaten) on hell, playing through act IV again to try to level up one last time before inferno, but it keeps freezing randomly. The audio keeps going but after the game resumes, I have usually died because I can't control my character. This happened 3 times in a row now and I'm getting really annoyed. This boss battle is usually very easy but with it freezing I can't use revenge or anything. Help? EDIT: Yes, that pinned topic was about this...thanks blizz! Still got some expensive repairs though >.>Destroyer0 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Language limitation MUST be removed. This makes no sense... years waitting for SC2 and I was forced to play it in spanish, this ruined the game experience for me, and I was not the only one. Now with D3 the same, my box game does not say ANYWHERE about the language limitations, in my account my region is marked as "global", I can actually choose and download the english language but can't use it, there are so many of us frustrated, it's ridicoulus that we as customers can't play in the language that we enjoy most. we are not demanding extra/impossible things... we are demanding things that has been taken away, what's with the greed Blizzard? It's ok to protect your products but you are being unreasonable. We are not a minor group, we are many, so let's keep demanding for what's right by making noise 'till Blizzard hears us and do something about it.Chabi911 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Account reset? Hi, since the last update I just lost everything. It's like my account had a reset! No contact, no caracter and no auction house history....NOTHING!! Somebody know about something to do with this?? Thanks!Franck2 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Gold When will the continous gold spam be addressed and eliminated. It's gotten to the point where it is nearly impossible to follow the chat because every few seconds a gold spam bot takes up 7-10 lines of chat and scrolls the entire chat window. I find it very unsettling that this is still continuing this far after the game launched. I suggest either limiting the level at which you can join a new channel or limiting the lines of text you can use to chat with.Llauorn1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Physics Lag Hello, I'm experiencing a lot of slowdown in the game whenever a few physics interactions start going on (like seeing a building crumble or breaking more than a couple sets of pots and vases). No other game gives me this kind of trouble when it comes to physics, and I'm pretty sure my processor should be able to handle this kind of stuff especially on the low setting. dxdiag: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 5/15/2012, 18:02:38 Machine name: MBP483 Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Apple Inc. System Model: MacBookPro8,2 BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8102MB RAM Page File: 2434MB used, 13769MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Sound Tab 3: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6741) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6741&SUBSYS_00E2106B&REV_00 Display Memory: 707 MB Dedicated Memory: 1008 MB Shared Memory: 3795 MB Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: Color LCD Monitor Id: APPA004 Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz) Output Type: Internal Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1119 (English) Driver Version: 8.950.0.0 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 2/14/2012 20:17:04, 957952 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2401-11CF-8477-E820BEC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x1002 Device ID: 0x6741 SubSys ID: 0x00E2106B Revision ID: 0x0000 Driver Strong Name: oem54.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_VancouverA:8.950.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6741 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported DXVA-HD: Not Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Headphones (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1013&DEV_4206&SUBSYS_106B1D00&REV_1003 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 11/20/2010 03:44:23, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Cirrus Logic, Inc. HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: Speakers (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1013&DEV_4206&SUBSYS_106B1D00&REV_1003 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 11/20/2010 03:44:23, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Cirrus Logic, Inc. HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1013&DEV_4206&SUBSYS_106B1D00&REV_1003 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 11/20/2010 03:44:23, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Cirrus Logic, Inc. HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description: Microphone (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)) Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 11/20/2010 03:44:23, 350208 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)) Default Sound Capture: No Default Voice Capture: No Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 11/20/2010 03:44:23, 350208 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name: Mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Apple Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x05AC, 0x0245 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Apple Multitouch Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x05AC, 0x0245 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Apple IR Receiver Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x05AC, 0x8242 FF Driver: n/a Poll w/ Interrupt: No ----------- USB Devices ----------- + USB Root Hub | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x1C2C | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub | Service: usbhub ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS/2 Devices ------------ + HID Keyboard Device | Vendor/Product ID: 0x05AC, 0x0245 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard | Service: kbdhid | + Terminal Server Keyboard Driver | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd | Upper Filters: kbdclass | Service: TermDD | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x05AC, 0x0245 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse | Service: mouhid | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x05AC, 0x0245 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse | Service: mouhid | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1BCF, 0x0002 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse | Service: mouhid | + Terminal Server Mouse Driver | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou | Upper Filters: mouclass | Service: TermDD -------------- System Devices -------------- Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&EF Driver: n/a Name: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family DRAM Controller - 0104 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0104&SUBSYS_00DC106B&REV_09\3&11583659&0&00 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller - 1C22 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB Driver: n/a Name: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family PCI Express Controller - 0101 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0101&SUBSYS_00DC106B&REV_09\3&11583659&0&08 Driver: n/a Name: High Definition Audio Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D8 Driver: n/a Name: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Device ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4331&SUBSYS_00D6106B&REV_02\51A28FFFFF29E4CE00 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C49 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C49&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&F8 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 1C14 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C14&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_B5\3&11583659&0&E2 Driver: n/a Name: Broadcom SD Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16BC&SUBSYS_000014E4&REV_10\4&156C1148&0&01E0 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) Management Engine Interface Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 - 1C12 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C12&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_B5\3&11583659&0&E1 Driver: n/a Name: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Device ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B4&SUBSYS_16B414E4&REV_10\0000C82A14018DE500 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D7 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 1C10 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C10&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_B5\3&11583659&0&E0 Driver: n/a Name: LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_5901&SUBSYS_590011C1&REV_08\4&1894CFE3&0&00E2 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2C&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D0 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C01 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C01&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FA Driver: n/a Name: High Definition Audio Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA90&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\4&1583EBD0&0&0108 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C27&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E8 Driver: n/a Name: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family PCI Express Controller - 0105 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0105&SUBSYS_00DC106B&REV_09\3&11583659&0&09 Driver: n/a Name: AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6741&SUBSYS_00E2106B&REV_00\4&1583EBD0&0&0008 Driver: n/a ------------------ DirectShow Filters ------------------ DirectShow Filters: WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514 WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514 WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514 MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7600.16385 Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7601.17514 WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7601.17514 Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 ATI Ticker,0x00200000,0,1,Ticker.ax, DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514 Video Memory Render Filter,0x00200000,1,0,VideoMemoryRenderFilter.ax, Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7601.17514 AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,6.01.7140.0000 AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514 ATI MPEG File Writer,0x00200000,1,0,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 ATI MPEG Video Decoder,0x00400000,1,2,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MMACE ProcAmp,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll, DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 AMD MJPEG Decoder,0x00800001,1,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 ATI MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 ATI MPEG Multiplexer,0x00200000,2,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514 WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514 VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.17514 MMACE SoftEmu,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll, File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514 iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514 ATI Video Scaler Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MMACE DeInterlace,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll, Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514 AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll, Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514 AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 ATI Video Rotation Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0000 StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7601.17514 BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 IL FL Studio DXi,0x00200000,1,1,FLSTUD~2.DLL,1.00.0013.0000 IL Multi FL Studio DXi,0x00200000,1,1,FLSTUD~1.DLL,1.00.0013.0000 WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices: Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Video Compressors: WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7600.16385 MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Cinepak Codec by Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Xfire Video Codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Audio Compressors: WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385 WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385 ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,12.03.0000.20214 IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Ogg Vorbis (mode1),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Ogg Vorbis (mode2),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Ogg Vorbis (mode3),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Ogg Vorbis (mode1+),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Ogg Vorbis (mode2+),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Ogg Vorbis (mode3+),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Audio Capture Sources: Microphone (Cirrus Logic CS4206,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Cirrus ,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 PBDA CP Filters: PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528 PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528 PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Midi Renderers: Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 WDM Streaming Capture Devices: HD Audio Microphone,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 HD Audio Digital in,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in),0x00200000,1,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 WDM Streaming Rendering Devices: HD Audio Headphone,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 HD Audio SPDIF out,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 HD Audio Speaker,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 BDA Network Providers: Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Video Capture Sources: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in),0x00200000,1,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs: VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514 BDA Transport Information Renderers: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514 BDA CP/CA Filters: Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17528 PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17528 XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17528 WDM Streaming Communication Transforms: Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Audio Renderers: Headphones (Cirrus Logic CS4206,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Cirrus ,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 DirectSound: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 DirectSound: Headphones (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 DirectSound: Speakers (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Speakers (Cirrus Logic CS4206A ,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514 --------------- EVR Power Information --------------- Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality) Quality Flags: 2576 Enabled: Force throttling Allow half deinterlace Allow scaling Decode Power Usage: 100 Balanced Flags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 50 PowerFlags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 0SmokinJoe4839 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 AH Bugged So when you bid on an item, then try to use the "buyout" option afterwards, it takes back your bid.... but doesn't give you any money back... but then says you aren't winning, but it also says you have a bid at the buyout price..... Okay, this makes 100% senseAndrew1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Data Validation Failure Since Tuesday ive had this happen about 6 times i have made no changes or additions to my computer in the last few weeks. the game freezes anywhere for 5 mins to 30 mins play time task manager reads the program is running fine when i tab out of game message reads Diablo III was unable to validate core data files any help would be greatWessar1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Why asia hardcore game is routed US server? Why asian hardcore user encounter disadvantage /w ultra high latency? Always 4~10 hundred ms. Latency is very important on Hardcore play.MaidenDying1 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 When is the launcher gonna be fixed? Since Patch 1.0.3a the only way i can get into D3 is to ctrl alt del and kill the battle.net Agent 32. process while the launcher is open. and having to do that all this time is starting to get really irritating =P iv even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the same thing. Any advice on when this is gonna be fixed would be greattly appriciated. thanks! I Play U.S Server.Burrmab3 Jul 5, 2012
Jul 5, 2012 Why can't i talk on general chat? Everything I write gets deleted immediately when all these spammers are allowed to post rubbish and get away with it. Some friends messed around with my account and im worried it might have blocked me or somethingNexuS1 Jul 5, 2012