Technical Support

Jul 9, 2012 Did you rollback? Logged on this morning and continued the grind with the Witch Doctor when I see the achievement for Puppet Master pop up on my screen, which is surprising since I got the achievement yesterday in a memorable way... A friend who was playing at the time sent me a tell to let me know that by coincidence he was listening to Master of Puppets at the same time. So what's the deal? EDIT: Also missing Not in Vain. At that point I started to worry that all the coin spent on working on Shut Up and Take My Money was wasted, but when I checked where I left off on the list it was the same.Fezzik1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Cant add my friend For some weird reason me and my friend cant add each other. We sent an in-game invite to each other and we were talking on the phone. we tried whispering each other didn't work... We tried talking to each other through general chat and through other chat channels we couldn't see each other talking at all, i'm not sure if this is a bug or something... Help me please...Solitary1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Bugged game various issues. I purchased the Diablo 3 digital download as my very first Diablo game after 6-7 years of WoW. But one of my friends mentioned it could be something to do with a trial or account verification over a 3 day period. It is now my 3rd day on Diablo 3 and it still hasn't changed. I cannot trade people, the option is always faded grey and I can't even click on the option to trade with anyone! I cannot drop items for people or even see other peoples dropped items / trades. I also cannot add friends it always shows up with (error 3). But people can add me to their friends list with no problems? But I can use the Auction House and buy items for gold.... Hmm what the heck?..EmKayz3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 3 days waiting period its been 6 days and i still get the 3 days wainting periond, i cant join chat channels, RMAH i cant trade ingame i cant add ppl wtf.PaTaTePoWa1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 about error 12 no lisence attach to your acc. Before changing your password or contact support with a ticket, just look in your battlenet accout. Look for add game, if no game is inscribe in your account, go add game. They will ask to enter the keycode of the game. Enter your keycode then press enter. It's suppose to fix the problem. This method resolve the problem I had to login for diablo3 with the error 12.Phoenixhawkl3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Game constantly freezing Only in certain areas, my game will constantly freeze up. It pauses for ~2 seconds, goes black for ~4 seconds, then comes back like normal. This is a very large pain when this glitch occurs inside the Crystal Arch. You know, the place where Diablo is. To put things in perspective, I just had this issue FOUR times during the first third of Diablo. Any ideas? Also happens a lot in the Arreat Crater.Ismael4 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Where did my installation go? Haven't played in a few weeks. I go to start it up today, and it's installing an update. Then restarts. After it shuts down, nothing comes back up. I then notice the icon in the taskbar is no longer the Diablo 3 icon, it's the broken file icon and when I click on it, I get the "Can't open this item: it might have been moved, renamed, or deleted." error message. So then I went to the diablo 3 directory and hit the Diablo III launcher.exe file and I get the Install/manual/exit screen. If I hit install, I get, "Data required to install this game could not be found. Please try again. If this error reoccurs, please try install Diablo III as a digital download on Battle.net". What the hell happened to my install?boostin1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Help needed, possible hacker mail recieved!~! I've recieved this e-mail. I can't find out of this is an illigal hacker or this is battle.net This is the mail i recieved. ----------- Greetings! It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fd3%2Fen%2Findex&app=com-d3 Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account. * First and Surname * Secret Question and Answer Show * Please enter the correct information If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation. Regards, Account Administration Team Blizzard Entertainment http://www.blizzard.com/support/ Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012 ---------------------- Can anyone enlighten me on this situation? I think this is a hacker, but i am not sure! Ofcourse i don't sell my account for money, i only have two basic lvl 60's with progress in act 2 inferno, nothing worth money to be honest. If this is from blizz, i think it would have offical banners and stuff, and not a text-only mail. Anyone having the same problems? Or can refer me to a similar thread? Kind Regards,euriek4 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Refund process for digital DL? So yeah, I no longer agree to the terms of service for this game (namely having to play online), and IIRC you have 30 days from the TOS update to request your money back. Couldn't find anything resembling a customer support forum, so anyone here have any ideas? I'm happy to let Blizz erase my Bnet account or whatever passes as a digital 'return', but I'm done with this online-only BS since they can't actually maintain a stable experience. Anyone?MrEdren4 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Battle.net password reset My friend purchased a Digital Copy from the battle.net website. Now his account is locked due to "Suspicious Activity". He is unable to reset his password because he can't locate his Diablo 3 CD-Key. Where to find his Digital Copy CD-Key to reset his password?Piper1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Constant Computer Crashing Hello Everyone I am looking for some advice on how tof ix the problem i am currently experiencing with diablo 3. I will get stretches of time where I can play the game for extended ammounts of time. THis morning I played from about 8am to about 1:30pm without any issues. THen at about 1:30 I got a random crash, crashed my entire computer. Screen went black and maybe and the speakers made a weird buzzing noise. Now whenever it try to log in and play i get about 2 minutes of play time before it does the exact same thing. I had this same issue over the last few days. I have already reset degausing system in my monitor so that isnt an issue. I thought it might be my tower over heating so I moved the tower out from under the desk and have a fan constantly running on it too cool it down. This error only happens when I play diablo 3. If i log onto other online games (World of Warcraft or League of Legends) I can play error free. I have also downloaded the newest driver for my graphics card like the forums have already suggested. I will give you some of the specs for my comp just to see if that might be the problem. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 5/16/2012, 15:05:53 Machine name: MATT-PC Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Studio XPS 8100 BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM Page File: 1968MB used, 14331MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GTS 240 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0607&SUBSYS_073610DE&REV_A2 Display Memory: 4069 MB Dedicated Memory: 997 MB Shared Memory: 3071 MB Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: ACER X223W (Analog) Monitor Model: Acer X223W Monitor Id: ACR0050 Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz) Output Type: HD15 Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.9610 (English) Driver Version: 8.17.12.9610 DDI Version: 10 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 2/29/2012 18:02:00, 17642816 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: evice Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4547-11CF-E456-3A271CC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x0607 SubSys ID: 0x073610DE Revision ID: 0x00A2 driver Strong Name: oem93.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section005:8.17.12.9610:pci\ven_10de&dev_0607 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C Not sure if this imformation will help or not because i am far from computer savy. Any help or advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated. thank you for readingBalbroy7 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Error 32105, Please help! Dear Support, Last night, I played on Asia server, I planed to sell a Flowless star Emerald on AH, A system busy message was displayed. and I sell that emerald again, this time, the star Emerald disappeared and a error 32105 occurred. So I got 2 order ID: 393181044,393173466 and a missing Flowless star Emerald (Green stone), Please help me find my stone back. Please , it is a lot of gold, I can't afford to lose , Please help. Thanks a lot !TrippleKill0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 just bought graphics card will it work??? i got a dell optiplex 360 so am limited to what graphics card i can have, im not a computer with so ofcourse thats why im asking you lot, it does not work on this computer, as waiting for the graphics card to arrive but works on misses lap top, very annoying and will get moaned at alot if i keep going round there just to play my game rather than seeing her, the graphics card i have ordered it 1GB Nvidia GT520 PCI-E for Dell Inspiron / XPS / Optiplex High End Desktop PC replacement graphics card for SFF / Low Profile Low Profile design for Slim line Dell Desktop PC's with a vacant PCI-E slot (Please check with your PC's user guide for availability or type of graphics card slot, if in doubt please contact us) Ideal for HTPC, Gaming and Blu-Ray playback. 1GB GDDR / HDMI, DVI, SVGA Dual Display Output Windows Vista / Windows 7 Certified Direct X 10.1 Graphics Card im not looking for top qualtiy gaming just want to play diablo any replys would be gratefulTrueLad2 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 FPS Drop Here are my specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.7 GHZ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 3 GB RAM I have installed the dual core optimizer and have all of my d3 settings on low. For some reason, whether or not I am in game, around mobs or not, or just sitting at the select game screen, I am sporadically receiving serious FPS drop. My FPS sits at 60 fps while running the game but I am experiencing intermittent drop where for about 15 seconds, I drop for 1-5 FPS and can barely move, then it goes back to normal. But this happens consistently enough, every couple minutes where it is seriously affecting my game play. Any suggestions?oomps2 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Is the Hero List Service down? When I connect to Diablo III on two computers which I have used before, I get my hero list. However, if I connect on a PC which I have not been able to run Diablo III before I don't see my list of heros. I have just checked I can see them on the other machines, but no this one. How do I fix this? Do I just wait and hope it fixes itself?Lozz1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Launcher can not be started /Code BLZPTS00007 Hi, I can not start my game. When I try to start the launcher it tries to update and then I get an error which says that the agent can not be started. (Code BLZPTS00007) I tried several things, like rebooting/reinstalling the client. does not work. help please.Ehrenfeld3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Game crashes every time I click "start game" This has happened before over a month ago, the only that fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That takes way too long though. Any reason why this randomly started happening?Derek1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Error 3003 and update errors all of a sudden I just got done cleaning some malware off my computer but now I'm encountering a different sort of problem. I'm getting error 3003 when I try to connect to b.net (it stays at Connecting to Battle.net server... for a few seconds before I get the error). This just started happening about an hour ago and I have no idea why it started doing this all of a sudden. I even tried putting my PC in my router's DMZ, to no avail. Other internet functions seem to work fine (browsing, netflix, posting this topic) but I can't connect to D3. EDIT: I forgot to mention I also occasionally get an error on the launcher, "An unexpected error occurred while updating required files. Please try again." It doesn't happen every time. Regardless, the "Play" button stays greyed out for a lot longer than it used to. I don't recall doing anything in my cleaning other than running Malwarebytes/Spybot/CCleaner and fixing some suspicious entries in my HijackThis log. So any suggestions would be welcome.sovereign1102 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 RMAH doesn't see my PayPal account on bnet!! Hello, I have fully verified PayPall acc with credit card etc. I have set PayPal as default payment method and I have sms alert turned on. But when I wanna sell something on RMAH, game tells me that I dont have any payment method chosen adn then redicrecting me to bnet site. But I have everything SET and paypay is curently my default payment method. What should I do? Ive delete this payment method and then add again but nothing :/. I have created a ticket but bnet support doesnt know nothing about this...zaboleq0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Update fail loop. Run Diablo III Launcher as administrator. Game is up to date. Play now. A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied. Click OK Game closes or stops responding. Diablo III Launcher intialized. "game is already running." or "Game is up to date." and cycle ensues. Simultaenously, Windoze says "Diablo III has stopped working, Windows can check online for a solution to the problem. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Diablo III.exe Application Version: 1.0.3.10235 Application Timestamp: 4fe14230 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725 Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000222b2 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Additional Information 1: c2a8 Additional Information 2: c2a8c718731fef45c93d04acf896c02f Additional Information 3: 39b4 Additional Information 4: 39b4183dbe64d792822765a9a74f4e1c Persistent cyclical error do i have to re-download the game. Additionally, from the Logs folder Blizzard Updater Log.html ... repair-on-demand.txt ... from the debug in Diablo III\ seems all good until ... Right click runs Diablo III.exe as Administrator Works!>?!> but not when running Diablo III.exe as normal priv or launcher as either. go figure. Problem solvedalienguts0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 greyed out box in launcher Anyway to fix this issue? pic of the problem http://i.minus.com/ibpNLttwEPhHhM.jpgClockwork9 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 y i cant use battle.net balance Why cant i use battle.net balance to buy blizzard products... I have 30bucks blizzard currency in my account right now. I am trying to buy the discounted WoW but...theres no payment option for that and the sale is almost done...Biyu881 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Missing movie clips I finished Act IV in Inferno. When I tried to view all the movie clips from the login screen, I found some clips are missing. Like Act II only shows 2 cut-scenes, no HD clips. I have been playing on two different computers, I wonder if this is caused because of this computer didn't record all of my boss killings in previous acts? So the clips are not unlocked on this computer? Any suggestions to fix this please? Thanks!!Alex0 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Blizzard plz delete my post in general chat Help me plz, I am close to die That is the thread i created to get help from someone or some people to clear inferno before i actually pass out. It seems that the community is only there for amusement or trying to proove i am wrong and lying. There fore i am not interested in doing anymore posts over the furoms. Lost faith in the community.interQctoad1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Intolerable local lag since today, 7/8/12 Not sure what's going on, but since today the game has had lag that makes the game unplayable for me. Massive 20-30 second freezes, stutters and other odd behavior. I've restarted my PC several times and everything is fine for me with other games, confirming it's a problem on D3's end.Moontouch2 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 GTX 275 Having random graphical issues Every once in a while, sometimes every 10 minutes or so, my screen does really wierd things like go mostly white, or silvery, or green, or sometimes I see an exploded part of the screen or npc character. I go into my video options, switch the textures from Low to high or high to low and then it brings everything back to normal. What kind of troubleshooting should I do? Try lowering all settings and then slowly increment until the problem stops? Anyone else seeing these strange effects?POLYBUS3 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Unexpected Error so i go to the game client and it says updating setup files then goes straight to a screen with a blurred out "Play" button. and after waiting about 30 seconds it says initializing down at the bottom. about 10 seconds later an error message comes up that says an unexpected error has occurred while updating required files. please try again. PLEASE HELP i have no idea what to doiLukiee5 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Can't see public games When i got to Act 2 on nightmare, the quests I can pick to start a public game with have stoped advancing. I can only pick the first quest on act 1, or a quest before it. I can still continue my game solo (currently on blood and sand), but even when I open my game to public I have yet to have someone join. How can a start playing public games again? Have a level 60 character and am able to pick any quest I want with him.Tobeapunk1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Severe Latency spikes/random disconnects Hey guys, I'm having terribly issues trying to play D3 =\ First off, I've been getting Error 3007 and followed all of the port forwarding guides and even did some other things which greatly reduced the amount I get DC'd. Right now my main problem is random latency spikes. I'll be running around with 100 or so MS than all of the sudden I get a HUGE lag spike of about 8-900MS for a few seconds and than back to normal.... this happens every 15-20 seconds or so and if I weren't playing with any friends would render the game pretty much unplayable =\ It's not my computer, router, or internet. I've run speed test and I'm getting 10mbs or higher on average, I've talked to my roommates and no one is even on the internet at the time I'm playing so no one is downloading anything. I just picked up a ATI Radeon HD6980 in January, running a quad core intel processor with 8gb of RAM and it plays any other game just fine! If anyone has any help/suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!! Also I've never tried contacting blizz for tech support, but I'm guessing this is how you do it and just wait for them to reply? Thanks, OdaOdarion161 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Poor Video Caching/Rubber Banding Post-1.02b Beginning today (post-patch 1.02b), I have been experiencing a combination of a few issues which make the game unplayable. It is important to note that prior to today I have experienced zero issues with the game. Behavior: - Travelling to a new area via waypoint ("new" = unexplored since creating the game) takes 4-5 seconds. Previously this was nearly instantaneous. - While travelling, even in small zones like Bastion's Keep, there are periods of 'rapid catch-up' after a delay, as though the game is taking too long now to cache unexplored regions/models. -*- An extension to the behavior above is rubber banding of creatures I encounter as well as Followers / pets of my own. My latency display has not changed (it hangs around 200, which it has always been). What I have done in an effort to repair the issue: - Re-launched the game - Rebooted my PC - Re-built the Battle.net directory under ProgramData (renamed it and permitted the game to generate anew) - Updated my Catalyst Version to 12.4 (from 12.3) - Uninstalled & reinstalled the game My video card (not present in the list of unsupported video card types): AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Device ID: 6739 Vendor: 1002 **Edit: Further efforts to resolve this issue: - Installed Catalyst driver hotfix 12.4a - Freed up several GB of HD free space -*- Deleted contents of C:\Windows\PreFetch, C:\Windows\Temp, & %Temp% -*- Fully defragmented HD storing D3 contents - In D3 config file, lowered 'Hardware Profile' from 4 to 2 What finally seemed to have an effect, after all was said and done, was going into in-game options and reducing the fixed max FPS from 150 (which was set by default after video card detection) to 50. Even 60 was still stuttering. My card works fine running games w/ similar or greater demands. This is a recent issue with Diablo 3.Fragged5 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Concern: RMAH / VISA Cards and Hacked Account Im concerned about linking my Visa card to my account to use the RMAH in case someone hacks my account and abuses my Visa card on the RMAH - buying a bunch of stuff - transferring it to someone elses account and reselling it .. whats the though from Blizzard here? I dont use Paypal myself - and if im going to do this - ill remove my card from my blizz account between purchases... Adamadamoe4 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Lag is ruining the game I have lost 8, that is 8 of those treasure goblins or pygmies. Not because I am not able to kill them but because of lag stutter. One minute I am wailing on a treasure goblin, it stutters from the attack to an extended frozen picture and then a tiny trail of coins with no goblin or pygmies anywhere to be seen. It is hard enough to get gear, throw a lag stutter and you lose even more. This also has resulted in several deaths including 2 hardcores on another account. It is really starting to discourage me. Is there anything that can help, positive not is that this is actually the only real problem I have with the game. Everything thing else is gravy.fatdaddycool1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Input Lag on Radeon HD 5450 I'm getting quite a bit of input lag when playing this game. I've tried searching for solutions and modifying the display settings which helped with it a little but I'm still experiencing enough to make the game unplayable. There is no noticeable lag when using my brother's computer(same computer but with a Nvidia 550 Ti) so I'm wondering if there's any way to solve this problem. Thank you.Nate6400 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Lag when playing for first few minutes How do I fix this?? I have an i3 2120, 8gb of ram, an amd 6850. I SHUOLD NOT BE LAGGINGAlphasone1 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 BLZPTS00002 error I would have posted on my account that is having the D3 problem but well my WoW account there went dead and suddenly my Diablo account will not work. I know correlation is not causation but is the fact that i cannot post threads, or anything on my other account due to letting my wow account run dead? got to 53 on my Witch Doctor then my wow account goes dead and i get this error, tried the million and one fixes but all the same response....Dyosa5 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 FPS at 0 / Stuttering video lag Hello all, Since the last patch, I have been experiencing very bad performance while trying to play Diablo, which kind of made me give up playing. But today I was craving to play it again only to discover that I am still having this problem. My game will run smooth for a minute, then get laggy and "Stutter" for a couple of seconds, then go smooth again, and it just keeps repeating in that cycle. Also, if I hit Ctrl + R, my FPS is registered at 0. I've messed around with all the video options and I just can't seem to make Diablo run like how it used to when I first started playing, which was very smooth and nice. My computer runs WoW, Skyrim, and some other games very smoothly so I don't understand whats happening! Thanks for helping in advanced :) ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 7/8/2012, 14:10:48 Machine name: FAMILY-HP Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: p6654y BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/07/10 08:41:32 Ver: 6.04 Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM Page File: 2606MB used, 5582MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GT 520 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1040&SUBSYS_26301462&REV_A1 Display Memory: 2770 MB Dedicated Memory: 978 MB Shared Memory: 1791 MB Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: X183H Monitor Id: ACR0068 Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.790Hz) Output Type: HD15 Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 8.17.0013.0142 (English) Driver Version: 8.17.13.142 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 5/15/2012 03:48:00, 18044224 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5300-11CF-5C77-3D061FC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x1040 SubSys ID: 0x26301462 Revision ID: 0x00A1 Driver Strong Name: oem66.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section015:8.17.13.142:pci\ven_10de&dev_1040 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= D3D9 Overlay: Supported DXVA-HD: Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2AB1&REV_1003 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6132 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 6/8/2010 03:21:02, 2394216 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): NoRakzor2 Jul 9, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Terrible Latecy problems starting today (7/8) Hello. This morning I was playing diablo just fine. however i joined a public game and midway though a butcher run, i started to get intense lag spikes (game said 1k+ms but i was frozen completely) at that point i had trouble with authentication servers where i couldn't even log on. I reset my router and my modem, then proceeded to try again. same result, basically getting time outs when i'm in the game. I tried other online games and applications. Ventrilo is working fine, mumble, skype, league of legends, mass effect 3 multiplayer, vindictus, DOTA 2, Roomate is connecting to servers just fine on his own with standard ping. Yet every time I try to join a diablo game or play one...the game freezes up. I don't lag when it comes to battle.net's chat itself however I can't play a game at all.Laetus5 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 did i just lose 1.4 M? I was just bidding on a weapon and had bid 1.4 M on it. Looking at the status, it said that the current was 1.4 million and that I was still winning but by a hair. I wanted to rebid so I clicked on the bid button. An error came up and it now says that I am NOT winning and the bid is now at 1.470 M. I go to send my money back to my stash so that I can rebid AND IT IS NOT THERE!! Did I lose all my money? If i did, then I am done as it took me a week to get 1,400,000 gold, and I am not going through that again only to lose it. I am getting severely ticked as that is twice now that I lost money in the AH, the first time it was not that much though, but if I now lose all that gold, then this game is going in the GARBAGE! Can someone please tell me what happened to my gold?abb13 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Installer stuck at 6%.... Twice. Deleted the programdata/battle.net file after I ended the install the first time too.. w7 64bit all up to date. stuck at 6% again. :| halp?RaVaGeSpEeD5 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 i purchased items from ah and they never made it to my stash what do i do?chadnewton1 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Game crashes on AH I opened the game, everything was fine. The moment I went to AH, I was fine.. but as soon as I switched to USD currency.. game crashed. Opened the game back up, went to AH, immediate crash. Any fix?Stillfly0 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Game lag and stuttering Hey guys, I just got a brand new laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Y480) and i bought Diablo 3 My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 640M LE. I find that Diablo 3 lags a bit when i play. I have it at the right resolution (1366x768) and I have also installed the latest driver for the graphics card. Any suggestions?Ravi6 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Disconnection only when game paused. Hello, so is this happenning to anyone else too ? I can play the game continuously without having any kind of disconnection issues, but as soon as i want to afk for let's say 10-15 minutes and hit escape to pause the game, i would come back and always see "disconnected from the server" message or something like that. It also doesn't seem to happen if i actually stay in the game and not alt-tabbed. So could this be because my background frame rate setting that is at 5 fps making me disconnect and i should up it to the 30fps ? (Pretty sure that is not the problem, never seen something related to fps causing problem with an internet connection). Thanks and sorry i know my english is not good :)Rahzael13 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Frame-rate issues... So if I run the game with V-Sync off and everything maxed out, the screen tearing becomes so bad that it has a strobe effect. So even with everything maxed out, there isn't enough strain graphics wise to prevent tearing. But if I turn V-Sync on, I have to lower the graphics to prevent loading hiccups because even though my computer is decent, it isn't a GTX 690 1,000ghz 50gb RAM comp. Has anyone else had this problem or is there any rumor something is going to be done about it? Thanks!DarkAuroris0 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Input limit reached... Some1 can tell me what this mean! I get often the message "Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions" ??DDanger1 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 will this video card work with diablo 3 i pass all the specs on systemrequirments labs but i dont see it on any of the list AMD radeon hd 6530dInin0 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Level 60 Wizard Deleted ? I was enjoying playing my level 60 wizard last night, and when i woke up this morning my wizard is not in my character slot.. ive read other posts tried switching regions but i am unable to find my character, i am playing on the American Server if that helps.. when i look at my profile on diablo 3 it shows that ive used a wizard and says ive spent 171 hours and 45 minutes playing on it.. like this is ridiculous how does a character just disappear ? all my items on there... going to upload screen shots of thisGhost2 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 iphone authenticator keeps changing serial I tried the iphone authenticator recently and it keeps changing the serial number, I have had it last at max 2 days on one serial number before it changes again. How does it get this serial number? is it passed from the server or generated based on the device?laughingdata0 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Traceroute Ping vs In Game Ping Everyone please make sure you know that there is a difference between your traceroute vs in game ping. They can easily say there are no problems on their end by getting you to do a traceroute up to their servers and post your results. Unless you modify them to look fake then almost everyone will have acceptable latency results. I have done many trace routes with pings under 125, yet my in game ping continued to be over 200 in WOW. The only time traceroute will ever show a problem is that if there is a hop where it times out (besides of course after it reaches attens.net), then they know there is something down in between your pc and their servers. Their servers create artificial lag (just the same way WOW servers do and WOW in fact has a meter that shows your latency and world latency, world latency ALWAYS being much higher) and this always increases depending on how many people are playing the game and server load based on their hardware. You could call this your latency vs world latency. Just keep that in mind when the thread started by Bashiok doesnt go any further than what he said ", while we've been looking at our own service for any causes of latency issues (and have yet to find any)". This is pretty much saying IMO that yeah we are going to say we are looking into it and deal with anyone who has completely dropped hops in between traceroutes. Just to give you an example of how their backend could cause problems, look at what they have to manage and tell me there is no way it could be on their end when synchronising information: They use 20, 000 systems and 1.3 petabytes of storage to power their gaming operations. This includes 13,250 server blades with 75,000 CPU cores total and 112 terabytes of RAM. It's interesting that this whole wonder is managed by just 68 people. Keep in mind this is an older article and stats have more than likely changed. http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/The-Story-Behind-Blizzard-Entertainment/1802849Maydie2 Jul 8, 2012
Jul 8, 2012 Gold disappearing from account. Twice now I have logged out of my account to find that ALL of my gold was completely gone! I still have all of my items, but each time I had over 200,000 gold. I have not given my account information to anyone else...I just want my gold back :( Is anyone else experiencing this? Logged into my account 10 minutes ago. Jumped on the auction house, looked at my balance and it said 0 gold.VERATULE22 Jul 8, 2012