Mac Technical Support

Jul 24 macOS 10.12.6 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.6 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 Jul 24
May 10, 2012 Improving Your Reports Since there are many diff forums it may be hard to figure out where is best place to post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386228/ Mac Technical Support Post here if its a mac specific bug. Some examples include Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/ Technical Support Post here if it's a Windows specific bug. Some examples include: Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ General Discussion: Post here to give general feedback (non bugs). Some Examples include: Feature requests Gameplay feedback (ie, quests, classes, lore, etc) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Bug Report: Post here for general bug reports not specific to windows or mac. Examples include: Server issues (cannot create game, cannot connect to battle.net, or other server errors/issues. If you cannot tell diff between a server and a tech connectivity issue though possibly better to use mac/pc forums) Gameplay bugs (ie, x ability doesn't work, quest is not completable, etc)MysticalOS3 May 10, 2012
Jul 2 ►►Unable to start Diablo 3 Launcher [Solution]◄◄ I have been seeing reports that players are having issues running Diablo III by clicking the game client's icon in the Diablo III folder, and after having experienced the same by testing on my installation, I have determined the cause and found a series of steps that will resolve this issue for you and allow you to once again use the Diablo III icon to launch your game as you did prior to this patch: 1) Navigate to the folder containing the Diablo 3 game executable and the Diablo 3 Launcher. 2) Delete the file Diablo III Launcher (move to trash via CMD-Delete/Backspace). 3) Run the Blizzard Desktop App. You should already have this as it is required to run Diablo 3 as of 2.0.1. If your BDA is set to automatically apply updates it will download a new fully functional Launcher app and place it where it belongs in your Diablo III directory. If your BDA is set to the Never automatically apply updates option, then you will need to manually click Update and the BDA will then perform the update operation. The issue should now be resolved regarding the Diablo 3 app failing to run the Launcher. It seems that the initial patching download from the CDN servers had a corrupt file (the launcher) which appears fixed as of today and deleting and redownloading it resolves this. Good luck, and enjoy the great loot hunt! :) ________________________________________________ Technical Support MVP Prime Directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law. 4. Smash, Jay, Smash!TheTias36 Jul 2
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including the Blizzard App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Blizzard Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Blizzard App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Blizzard Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
May 9, 2012 Welcome to Mac Technical Support This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss Mac technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum, it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, due to the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we highly recommend contacting us through other means. We have many self-help solutions that can address certain issues without needing to speak with us directly via phone. For these issues, the website will help you locate these solutions and other helpful resources to address your questions. Please see our Customer Support Contact page for details. If you need to submit a ticket, that option will be presented. These changes to the Blizzard website help us serve you in the easiest, most effective way possible. Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Mac Technical Support forum. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with respect and courtesy. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Guidelines below. As a reminder, the Mac Technical Support forum is not an alternative to the a support site ticket, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly.Machkhan1 May 9, 2012
2d Pixelated Graphics after upgrading to 10.12.4 Ever since upgrading to macOS 10.12.4, I've noticed that some of the graphical effects in the game become pixelated. Some examples are the lights attached to buildings in New Tristram, and also Zoltun Kulle in any town (when he's standing by Kanai's Cube). I don't remember seeing this effect after installing 2.5.0, but only after upgrading my OS. My computer is a 2015 27" iMac with an AMD Radeon R9 M395 w/ 2GB RAM.Adeese28 2d
3d High Sierra 10.13 - Low FPS Since upgrading to the 10.13 GM Candidate Diablo 3 is running extremely poorly in regards to FPS. I used to run it capped at 60fps, now it struggles at the same graphics settings to get 15fps! I'm running on a Late 2016 MBP with the Radeon 460. Anyone else notice poor FPS with High Sierra?Brandonee1 3d
Sep 15 Diablo 3 launching issues When I go to launch the game via the B.net launcher, it starts "fetching patch manifest" and after downloading about 30-ish MBs, it'll let me start the game. However, when I DO start the game, it hangs in the task bar (dock for mac) and is unresponsive. If I force quit D3, it goes right back to "fetching patch manifest" and the problem starts all over again. Any fix that doesn't involve reinstalling the game?Opex1 Sep 15
Sep 15 Mac High Sierra works OK.. so far Just installed the golden master Diablo seems to play OK.. will test it out further tomorrow.GondorNative0 Sep 15
Sep 12 iMac Cursor Disappears Did not see a cause/fix in forums so here's the issue: Wife plays a WD & sometime during play she will lose her cursor - completely! It's invisible! I can take over to get her out & exit the game "by feel" but there's no cure as I can tell. This has happened on two differrent iMacs running different OS, hardware, etc. Restarting the game is the only fix, do you have any idea of the cause? Thanks.GwydionM4 Sep 12
Sep 9 Item Tooltip not showing? I recently opened up D3 to start playing where I left off the night before but I noticed that the tool-tips for items mysteriously stopped working. When I hover the mouse over any item it doesn't do anything. If I click the item and place it back in my inventory it then pops up what should have shown upon the hover. It's really weird since I've made zero changes to anything on my mac or on my game settings. I've noticed as well that clicking on items like waypoints or shrines is extremely difficult and requires a few extra-persistent clicks. It's a really frustrating thing and has pretty much rendered the game unplayable. I've messed with the settings to no end, done a game reset, switched my mouse and nothing works. From what I gather a few people had this issue back in June but it seemed to be on Blizzard's side as it was across WoW, SCII, and D3 and randomly fixed itself. I've had the disappearing mouse cursor happen a couple times in the last week but that was fixed by just relaunching the game. I'm not too sure what can be causing it. I've tried the game in Fullscreen, windowed, windowed-fullscreen and it's all the same. Specs: Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)OptimusGRiME6 Sep 9
Sep 7 Small cursor patch 2.6.0 game unplayable Hi I just installed 2.6.0 with Necro DLC When I start the game my cursor is very small and not aligning with menu items. It's like my game is 1440 resolution by my mouse is on 3000+ resolution. Anyone having the same problems? I can't turn on windowed fullscreen that just makes the screen black. Alt+tab makes the screen black (and is irreversible until force quit). I have tried emptying the cache but that didn't help... Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2,9 GHz Intel HD Graphics 530: Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x191b Revision ID: 0x0006 Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported gMux Version: 4.0.29 [3.2.8] Metal: Supported Displays: Color LCD: Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Rotation: Supported Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPortshroom9 Sep 7
Sep 7 Won't able to launch the game I can't launch Diablo 3 (on MAC OS Sierra 10.12.5), everytime i try to launch the game get stuck....Then, i force the close, send the information to Blizzard and a download a patch (36 MB aprox). This download is happening everytime i close the game....fsrojas22 Sep 7
Sep 3 Mac Osx, impossible to install patch 2.5 Hi, on my MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.12.3, it's not possible to install the new patch 2.5. I just reinstalled the game and it's the same thing, I click on update button, I start the game and when start login, there is a windows who say '' you do need install the new patch before playing'' .... Do you know why ? Thxjr182hendrix1 Sep 3
Sep 3 "Failed to change permissions" on mac When I launch Diablo III on my mac, it fails with the message "failed to change permissions on a critical file. Please log in as an Administrator and try again" I've run with sudo but that did not help. Checked permissions on the folders. Everything looks ok. Old build I guess. I have not played in a while <BUILD>1.0.8.16603 (75916-915981)</BUILD> Blizzard Launcher.log has [UIController] Error occurred Failed to change permissions on a critical file. Please log in as an administrator and try again.... Setup-<numbers>-<more numbers>.log has Failed to Repair file/folder permisions for "/Users/Shared/Battle.net" Any advice?Ninjack1 Sep 3
Sep 2 Tab Since this latest patch 2.60, I can't tab out of the game to any other Apps I'm running. Makes it hard to check builds online and Compare. This used to work Easy As Pie, now it allows you to Tab Once and then not again.albabe0 Sep 2
Aug 31 Can you close frozen game without hard reset? Can you close the game gracefully without doing a hard reset? Command - option - esc doesn't work. My music carries on playing in the background fine, so the machine isn't completely frozen. I've documented the 2.4 spinning ball problem here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20419273233DeadMeat6 Aug 31
Aug 29 Tabbing Between Apps in Sierra I'm having probs since the Patch and Necro. Tabbing to get between Diablo and other Aps I'm running, doesn't always work. It seems to work once and then stops. Makes it hard to research stuff while I'm playing. On a Power Mac 5,1, Sierraalbabe4 Aug 29
Aug 27 Weird behaviour on Mouse Cursor Hey there, my problem is that the cursor has this weird behaviour in fullscreen, windowed and windowed-fullscreen and it´s pretty hard to click on things with this let´s-call-it-bug. The arrow sometimes switches back to normal system cursor and is pretty hard to find in the game. I had it on small cursor and on large cursor, so i made a video with the large cursor, so you can see better what happens. I also made on screen keyboard visible to show that it´s not because of any mac shortcuts. my system is on the latest macOS sierra and this problem exists since a while but atm it´s more often than before. any solution advises? thx in advance The Video: https://vimeo.com/229472670ceyden2 Aug 27
Aug 25 Need help with Registration of actual game I'm having a macbook air and last night it was my birthday so i get this gift from my brother. He ordered Diablo 3 Battle chest (including both D3 and D3 Ros) CDs . So the problem is Macbook air doesn't have a "CD-Rom". I tried to open those CDs in on computer and would find Diablo 3 Setup.Dmg file so that i could copy it and install on my mac but that didn't worked. In CD case I have Diablo 3 code to activate the product. I decided to get help from you guyz so that i can get the latest D3 and D3 ros with Necromancer on my macbook air. I've been big fan of Diablo series and was hell excited for this game. Any helps will be appreciated :DLycan1 Aug 25
Aug 23 Cursor cannot move when typing Cursor cannot move when typing, using G900 and play diablo3 in iMac. Can you suggest any solution? It acts normally several months ago. But recent 2.6 or2.5, my G900 start acts abnormally, cannot move the cursor when I press keys on the key board(e.g. using skills or force move key)Ricmen1 Aug 23
Aug 23 Can't move the cursor when player 2.6.0 I've encounter a few really bad gaming experience recently. I'm using MacOS10.12.6 and just bought a Asus ROG Gladius mouse a few days ago. It turns out that the cursor always stalled while I was playing the game with it. It happened again after I switched to my Magic Mouse 1. I don't know if there's bug or something and it's just annoying. Does anyone have the same or similar problem recently?BartonTam1 Aug 23
Aug 22 Help!! Can't detect latest patch 2.6.1 Macbook pro cannot detect latest patch 2.6.1 HELP!! i cannot Update to the latest patchLimitBreak242 Aug 22
Aug 21 Metal for Mac Curious how Blizzard will support this new API in the future. This may be big for Mac gamers.Ghostpos53 Aug 21
Aug 19 Latency and game locking up I don't know if it's just me but the past few days I have been experiencing issues with massive lag spikes where the game periodically locks up for a few seconds then skips. This happens about once every 10 seconds or so. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because this is not a very enjoyable experience while playing.xXJred20Xx0 Aug 19
Aug 16 Help with game loading on MacBook Pro I have a I Imac at home and a MacBook pro I play Diablo on. Works seamlessly on my Home Comp but I keep getting a "Unable to log on" error when I try to open Diablo on my laptop. I have recently downloaded the Necromancer edition on the home computer and have not used my lap top since. The first time I tried to open the game it gave me the log in error message, will not even show the Blizzard Icon opening on the tray! I am wondering if I need to purchase the Necromancer for the lap top as well? Or how can I get the game to load on the lap top for the install to even begin? ThanksMunchkin1 Aug 16
Aug 16 Stuck on hero retrieving Stuck on hero retrieving while login in. Only Americas region. Login to EU region is just fine. Please help me solve the issue. Already did the repair tool. STarted affter abrupt disconnect 20 minutes agoeaks3 Aug 16
Aug 16 Giant cursor This just started for me last night, I logged into the game and my cursor is huge. In game, it is more than half the size of my entire character. It looks awful. I had been playing earlier with no issue. I've tried everything to get rid of it including: adjusting cursor under mac preferences, checking the large cursor check box in game settings (which I originally had off and now does not change the cursor size, but it does make it lag and shake when it moves), alt-tabbing, different windowed modes and full screen, different game resolutions, different system resolutions, lock cursor check box, vertical sync check box, restarting Diablo 3, restarting my Mac, disconnecting my mouse, resetting the game settings from launcher, and various combinations of the above. I even tried reinstalling, but didn't help. macOS Sierra 10.12.6 MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MBSumanye0 Aug 16
Aug 12 iMac Freeze About once a day when I try to start the game (Diablo 3), at the screen which comes just before "Resume Game", the screen freezes and I have to press Option+Command+Esc in order to stop the process and free the screen. This freeze started to occur after I installed OS 10.12.1 (Sierra) in my iMac. Now the version is 10.12.6 but it still happens. The freeze does not happen every time. "Stopping the process" is not an elegant way to deal with the problem.ingy0 Aug 12
Aug 11 Freezing for a second I am playing on a 2017 MacBook Pro with the 560 4GB card. I have all the graphics turned down and am getting 60 FPS. The game keeps freezing for a split second and then catching up. I have 250 Mbps internet with 50ms latency. I don't think it's anything to do with hardware. It seems to freeze and then catch up. I might freeze and then run faster than normal or I might warp around the screen especially if I am about to die. Some of the issue my not be related but it wasn't an issue last time I playing which was 2 seasons ago.Strider0 Aug 11
Aug 3 Freezing/Lazy mouse Hadn't played D3 in a couple patches, and was excited to jump back in for 2.6, but it's currently an incredibly frustrating experience, and I'm on the verge of dropping it again. The issue is that my 3 different Steelseries mice are all consistently experiencing the same issue. Whenever I press keys on my key board, my cursor gets stuck. If I try to move the cursor it sort of vibrates or struggles to move more than a few pixels. I have noticed that it seems to happen more when I'm pressing a lot of buttons quickly. The only thing that seems to fix it is picked the mouse up and putting it back down on the pad. Seems to reset the mouse and the issue at the same time. I'm playing on my MacBook Pro, and have turned key repeat on low and completely off and it continues to happen. I've tried the Sensei, Sensei Raw, and the Rival 700. Again, never had an issues before hopping back on. Last time I played was 2.4 I believe. Please! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to stop playing.pinback6 Aug 3
Jul 30 WIll not let me play I go to character select, I click enter game or whatever and then it goes to the loading screen with the 5 diamonds at the bottom as in its loading.....and just sits there for like 5 minutes then says: Network Disconnect - The game connection has been lost: Your client has been disconnected from the server I have tried full screen, windowed, setting everything back to defaults, uninstalling, turning sound off and so on. I have a 2016 Macbook Pro with the new menu bar (doubt that is the reason) Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Version: 10.12.6 (16G29) macOS Sierra Please, for the love of god, can anyone help me? Just bought the game and cant play it.CPTStephen1 Jul 30
Jul 30 Issue on Digital Purchase Dear Sir, I had paid for the Diablo 3 digital copy. Somehow, I don't have the game key to download the Diablo 3. I also received the purchase receipt via email. Now, the bank confirmed that you had charged me the bill but I cannot play the game. It is unfair that you didn't provide me the game key in the email. How can I get the game key? Thank you.Derek71 Jul 30
Jul 26 FPS Getting Throttled/Slowed Down Since Updating to patch 2.6.0 (2.6.0.46568) Once I load into town my FPS drops/throttles down to 10 or lower making the game un-playable. I am running at 1440x900 (fullscreen) my native resolution with all graphic settings at low or off. MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) On macOS Sierra 10.12.6 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB Intel HD Graphics 288 MBfattymac0 Jul 26
Jul 25 Numlock-based ability spamming under OS X There is a common method used by Windows(tm) Diablo players to automate abilities using the Numlock key - Teaguk stacks using repeated application of Sweeping Wind in the case of properly geared Monks as an example. How is this can this replicated in the Mac client?Ruin20 Jul 25
Jul 24 MBP CMD-Tab back into game resolution issue 2013 MBP retina, I have my display settings to Scaled, more space. ("Looks like 1920x1200") When I start up Diablo 3, it displays great. (Full Screen, any resolution I choose, 2048x1280 normally selected). I can CMD-Tab out, as soon as i hit it, D3 briefly zooms in an I am unable to see the entire render, then jumps to the desktop. No issues so far. The issue is when i CMD-Tab (or click on D3 in my Dock), when in 2048x1280, i see most of the screen, with the top and right side slightly cut off (I'm assuming what portion that is cut off is the 248x80 difference is display settings). If i have a larger resolution selected, the visible portion of the scree in larger, but more is cut off (the difference between the selected resolution and the 1920x1200 i have selected in display settings). If i choose a lower resolution, i see all of the screen, but now have black bars on the top and right, presumably the same difference between the D3 resolution and the desktop resolution). If i select the default display of 1440x900, this issue doesn't exist. I don't want to keep my MBP on this setting, nor do I want to adjust it every time i want to play D3. Seems like if a 1920x1200 resolution was added to the D3 display setting this would not be happening. I have tried the "defaults write com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault 1" in terminal and it didn't change anything. This same issue happens with all Battle.net games. I have to change the resolution, then change it again to fix the issue.DragonRydrz0 Jul 24
Jul 24 Screen Resolution in 2.5.0 Hello. I have iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015, native resolution is 5120x2880 pixels. And choose "Best for display" Resolution in macOS System Preference > Display. Until 2.4.3, Windowed (Fullscreen) game option respects macOS resolution settings. But in 2.5.0.44247, macOS resolution settings is disabled and turns dot-by-dot resolution while gameplay. (with very small and low-speed mouse-cursor) I found old-post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/11915051681 and tried "defaults write com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault 1" and "defaults delete com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault". But these effect nothing. How do I avoid disabling macOS screen resolution settings with Windowed (Fullscreen) game option as in 2.4.3?tarot61 Jul 24
Jul 24 New character fail after Necro install I have been unable to create a new character after installing and purchasing the Necromancer update. I get the never ending colored beach ball of despair immediately after hitting the "Create" button. I've tried rebooting and force quitting the launcher app, but get the same results. Any ideas would be much appreciated - Thanks!VladInOC2 Jul 24
Jul 23 Installation Language Problem Language input issues. I haven't played for over a year. Go to install and can't move past the first option for language input. Nothing to click. The can't progress. Tried a few options I've seen posted on here. No joy. Any help appreciated. ThanksHitman1 Jul 23
Jul 22 Locks up Mac on Loading Hero List As of new necro patch, sometimes (probably 20-30% chance) when loading D3 it locks up my Mac on Loading Hero List step. Does the same thing to my wife's Mac. You can't tab out, you can't kill D3, we have to do a hard reboot of the machine. Very annoying.Bearking1 Jul 22
Jul 21 Won't install due to no default language Hello, I cannot get the Battle.Net to update/install Diablo 3. I already have it installed, but I haven't played it in about a year. I went to try and update/install it and it go to to the screen to confirm and select default language (which nothing is selectable/shown). When I try to continue the next screen gives me the error that I have to select a default language. However, like I said - it isn't showing me the option in the previous screen. I've read the forums and tried switching the language and restarting, no luck. I'm on a Mac, running 10.12.2 and the Battle.Net is 1.3.1.6061. No file vault turned on. Please help as I can't play/install the game.Kolden4 Jul 21
Jul 18 Cant launch game Blizzard App wont launch diablo 3. Hi I have a macbook pro OS sierra Just downloaded the game and when I press play the splash icon shows on my dock at the bottom but suddenly disappears. The play button becomes clickable again but no error message is shown it just wont launch the game at all. Ive trolled these forums looking for an answer but have had no luck with any of the posted solutions. wah.Vinny954 Jul 18
Jul 18 Dock takes forever after closing out game Anyone else having an issue with the dock not coming back right away after you exit? It takes like a minute or two for it to come back up. I have to use Spotlight Search to do anything...Definitely not normal. Just curious....LordBaldor0 Jul 18
Jul 16 Article: The State os Mac Gaming - Metal 2 Mac Gaming article... Mostly about Metal 2, but Last page they mention that Vulkan is gaining traction https://arstechnica.com/apple/2017/07/the-state-of-mac-gaming/GondorNative2 Jul 16
Jul 16 Invisble mouse cursor MacBook Pro Invisible mouse cursor on MAC! I read about fixing it on Pcs, but I use a MacbookPro! How to fix that?? Can someone help me? :)linavet2 Jul 16
Jul 15 D3 playability on new Mid 2017 27" iMac I've been contemplating between building a new PC, or buying the new 27" iMac. I was wondering what people's experiences have been with D3 on the new iMac, and how much, if any, one had to lower the graphics quality to experience smooth 60fps gameplay (due to the 5k screen). Thanks for any input.Teddy3 Jul 15
Jul 14 Crashing ~1-2 minutes after beginning a new game Well it *was* working well again... Then this morning happened. I have written fairly extensively about this problem before, so I won't belabor the point too much, but basically it's a problem where within 1-2 minutes of opening a new game, my screen goes berserk or the game hangs or it quits itself or something like that. It can make the game entirely unplayable. I was at one time thinking it was my graphics card or my computer BUT I have checked the minimum requirements for a Mac and my graphics card meets them. And I can go several months happily playing with no problems and then there will be a software update and suddenly these problems happen. For example, after the first patch after 2.6 was released these issues went away and I could play just fine. Then I installed the latest update this morning, after it was downloaded. And now I am back to crashing again and not being able to play. So... I don't know what it is but at this point I am pretty frustrated and thinking it is something server side because it seems to either be fixed or unfixed after updates. I am gonna go try to play for the third time this morning but yes, this is frustrating, and yes, I have reinstalled the software and done other things you list to try to solve this. I don't know why it happens; wish I did. Then I could ask you to please fix X, Y, or Z. Please fix this! It's frustrating and obviously I hope to be able to play for the XP bonus weekend. Thank you so much!ThGreenAnole0 Jul 14
Jul 14 Game crash at entry Switching over to the European region circumvents crashing. Creating new characters or switching to older ones of every class under my original account (Americas) doesn't alleviate the problem. If I'm lucky enough to see my characters in town I receive a disconnection notice followed by a code 1016 prompt and then a crash. I've switched around all display settings with no change in results. Been playing on the same computer since D3 released, started crashing last week. I am somehow able to enter Challlenge Rifts more often than not and play on the Americas server.REESESFECES4 Jul 14
Jul 9 Can't get game on External Monitor Im using my Macbook air to run Diablo 3. But i have a 11 inch screen. I cant seem to pull up diablo 3 on my external 29 inch monitor. Please helpYouTried2 Jul 9