Mac Technical Support

May 10, 2012 Improving Your Reports Since there are many diff forums it may be hard to figure out where is best place to post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386228/ Mac Technical Support Post here if its a mac specific bug. Some examples include Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/ Technical Support Post here if it's a Windows specific bug. Some examples include: Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ General Discussion: Post here to give general feedback (non bugs). Some Examples include: Feature requests Gameplay feedback (ie, quests, classes, lore, etc) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Bug Report: Post here for general bug reports not specific to windows or mac. Examples include: Server issues (cannot create game, cannot connect to battle.net, or other server errors/issues. If you cannot tell diff between a server and a tech connectivity issue though possibly better to use mac/pc forums) Gameplay bugs (ie, x ability doesn't work, quest is not completable, etc)MysticalOS3 May 10, 2012
Feb 4 ►►Unable to start Diablo 3 Launcher [Solution]◄◄ I have been seeing reports that players are having issues running Diablo III by clicking the game client's icon in the Diablo III folder, and after having experienced the same by testing on my installation, I have determined the cause and found a series of steps that will resolve this issue for you and allow you to once again use the Diablo III icon to launch your game as you did prior to this patch: 1) Navigate to the folder containing the Diablo 3 game executable and the Diablo 3 Launcher. 2) Delete the file Diablo III Launcher (move to trash via CMD-Delete/Backspace). 3) Run the Blizzard Desktop App. You should already have this as it is required to run Diablo 3 as of 2.0.1. If your BDA is set to automatically apply updates it will download a new fully functional Launcher app and place it where it belongs in your Diablo III directory. If your BDA is set to the Never automatically apply updates option, then you will need to manually click Update and the BDA will then perform the update operation. The issue should now be resolved regarding the Diablo 3 app failing to run the Launcher. It seems that the initial patching download from the CDN servers had a corrupt file (the launcher) which appears fixed as of today and deleting and redownloading it resolves this. Good luck, and enjoy the great loot hunt! :) ________________________________________________ Technical Support MVP Prime Directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law. 4. Smash, Jay, Smash!TheTias44 Feb 4
Jul 1, 2017 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1, 2017
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including the Blizzard App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Blizzard Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Blizzard App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Blizzard Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
May 9, 2012 Welcome to Mac Technical Support This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss Mac technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum, it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, due to the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we highly recommend contacting us through other means. We have many self-help solutions that can address certain issues without needing to speak with us directly via phone. For these issues, the website will help you locate these solutions and other helpful resources to address your questions. Please see our Customer Support Contact page for details. If you need to submit a ticket, that option will be presented. These changes to the Blizzard website help us serve you in the easiest, most effective way possible. Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Mac Technical Support forum. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with respect and courtesy. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Guidelines below. As a reminder, the Mac Technical Support forum is not an alternative to the a support site ticket, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly.Machkhan1 May 9, 2012
Jul 7 Strange font on launcher window Twice since Wednesday July 3rd, when I have started the Blizzard Battle.net Launcher on my Mac Pro, the font in the window has been strangely corrupted and unreadable. The text in images or in the variable tiles in the window have been fine, as well as numbers, but all other characters have been gibberish, no font or character set that I am familiar with. If I click through to start Diablo 3 or restart the launcher, the problem disappears. I've never seen this issue before. Running a Mac Pro (late 2013) with 32GB, 100GB free on my hard drive, dual AMD FirePro D500's with 3GB, and 3.5Ghz 6-core Xeon E5. Diablo 3 itself runs fine (if you ignore the slight choppiness in video performance the started with the upgrade to macOS Mojave). I have a screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/dZKyG4k Has anyone else seen this issue?Baric6 Jul 7
Jun 28 Poor Performance on newest iMac Have been on my 2019 iMac (3.6 i9, Radeon Pro Vega 48, 1Tb SSD, 40Gb) for about a week now, and it's been a huge upgrade for all my games except Diablo III. I first noticed a big performance drop a few months back when I switched from Sierra to High Sierra, and under Mojave those issues remain. The frame rate will randomly drop by half or briefly freeze altogether, causing a noticeable lag or stutter. No amount of fiddling around with game settings has had any effect on this (apart from setting sound channels to 128, which will absolutely tank FPS for some reason.) All these issues become noticeably worse in multiplayer. This game also causes my GPU to run full blast at all times, which seems weird given its age and (presumably) undemanding nature. I have tried running it at lower resolution than the native 5k, but this produces undesirable video artifacts in some haze/glow effects (most readily reproducible in Belial's death animation) so I am wondering if there may be an issue with the video card itself. Seriously though, why is a five-year-old game running so poorly on a brand new Mac? WoW is running great, for what it's worth.Grotticus8 Jun 28
Jun 26 OSX 10.15 Beta not working installer Mac OSX 10.15 Beta - Battle App installer not work..... any solutions??? Any help??Grayscale6 Jun 26
Jun 11 Unplayable on MacOS Mojave Installed Mojave today and the game is not playable. Graphics are choppy with lots of mini-freezes. Can't play hardcore like that :-( It appears the problem lies more with Apple than Blizzard as they must approve new drivers from the video card manufacturer. In either case, I'm not hopeful that this will be fixed and it looks like the end of the line for me with Diablo. I'll check back in the future...in the meantime, GL fellow adventurers! Specifications iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1JCRUZ23 Jun 11
Jun 8 Cursor not working I am not able to move the cursor on my game.Achilles38 Jun 8
Jun 3 MAC BOOK PRO Cursor Issue Hey there! I have a MacBook Pro and I loaded Diablo III on to the HDD everything went well... now that I have loaded myself into the game I have no mouse activity. I see the Cursor on the screen but cannot use it to move the character. The keyboard works fine and the esc button gets me out. But need to know if there is some sort of solution. thanks CabojoeeCabojoee4 Jun 3
May 26 Diablo 2 - Mojave Does anyone know if D2 is playable on the new Mac OS? I'm itching to get back into the game but my old D2 CDs don't work and I want to confirm that it works before buying online...Angelofstorm11 May 26
May 25 Game does not launch? I've tried multiple times to access the game after logging in from the Blizzard App. I've downloaded all the updates, but when I click play my screen becomes black and I have to literally re-start my mac in order to get out of the game. Please advise on any solutions?MARKO1 May 25
May 22 Failed to start Diablo III Launcher Clicking on Diablo 3 launcher = "Launch Failure - Failed to start Diablo III Launcher" So I can't play. I need to download the diablo 3 launcher I guess. I'll have to figure out where to get it at Blizzard (Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 15", 256gb ssd) always running latest OS, and updated Launcher as needed/requested.. I like to stay up to date.GondorNative1 May 22
May 15 Что за беда с персами .Doom4hik2 May 15
Apr 21 Character transfer PS4 to MAC Is it possible to transfer the character, I played as, on PS4 to my Mac?Danil5 Apr 21
Apr 12 Screen Resolution in 2.5.0 Hello. I have iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015, native resolution is 5120x2880 pixels. And choose "Best for display" Resolution in macOS System Preference > Display. Until 2.4.3, Windowed (Fullscreen) game option respects macOS resolution settings. But in 2.5.0.44247, macOS resolution settings is disabled and turns dot-by-dot resolution while gameplay. (with very small and low-speed mouse-cursor) I found old-post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/11915051681 and tried "defaults write com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault 1" and "defaults delete com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault". But these effect nothing. How do I avoid disabling macOS screen resolution settings with Windowed (Fullscreen) game option as in 2.4.3?tarot66 Apr 12
Apr 11 Error code: 319045, And F13 doesnot work Please fix error code 319045。 And key F13 (PrintScreen) doesnot work. Thanks.Christmas1 Apr 11
Apr 7 Regular crash on macbook pro Hi! As the title says, Diablo 3 crashs all the time and I don’t know why. Sometimes, immediately after the crash, the game starts à short update that lasts a few seconds. It doesn’t make sens since the game certainly doesn’t need to update every day. Actually, I have macOS High SIerra version 10.13.6 Here is the specs of my mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011) Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 4 Go 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphic Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 Mo C02G87LQDRJC Thank you and have a nice day!Norwood1er1 Apr 7
Mar 20 What is the best way to buy D3 on Mac I want to buy D3 but the shop page is not terribly clear on what to do. First, I know this is not a "technical" support question but I as a non-account holder I can't post anywhere else and I've tried to connect with Blizzard over email and Twitter for 3 days now and haven't received a response. Basically, I just want to buy the whole game, at once, if possible. The shop page shows Diablo 3 (self-explanatory), then Reaper of Souls (what's that?), then something Battle Chest (which I think is D3 + Reaper of Souls?) and then in-game content called Rise of the Necromancer. So, to get the full game, what combination of this do I have to purchase to get everything, in game, as it stands today? AND... is there a digital copy out there somewhere of just the whole game, in one shot. Through research I've found the Eternal Collection but that only seems available on Consoles? Not sure. Anyways, thanks for any help and clarity anyone can provide. Who thunk buying a new game and getting support would be this challenging huh?Shae1 Mar 20
Mar 5 Black Screen on Start Up Game was running fine until a few minutes ago. Left to make dinner, came back and tried to start it up again and nothing. I just get a black screen with the spinning rainbow wheel and nothing is responsive. I've tried reinstalling everything, resetting the game options, clearing the caches, and everything else on the troubleshooting page here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34772 At this point I really don't know what to do with it. The only other info I can give is if I try to launch the game while it it reinstalling before it hits the optimal zone, it launches zoomed in to the top left corner and then I get the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.Momonomo31 Mar 5
Mar 4 Diablo 3 Battle.Net launcher stuck on Update I followed the directions here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9454615601 (applying global permissions to enclosed files for the D3 game, Battle.net and Blizzard folders) and that does not work. When I open Battle.net or click on the Diablo 3 launcher I'm prompted for my password which I enter, the Launcher looks like it quits and reloads itself, there's an 'Update' button instead of a 'Play' button. When I click Update, I get a message: "Please try again after logging on as an administrator" With a help link going here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/cannot-access-or-modify-a-required-file-or-folder That eventually leads to this forum.. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing the game and that worked once but after I quit the game and came back it's back to the same broken Update button.fredelement45 Mar 4
Feb 25 Season 16 not working I have Patch 2.64 installed but I am not seeing the benefits i.e. ring of Grandeur or any others. Do I have to do anything special to make it happen? I had the Season 15 benefits. I mostly play solo. Thanks...ZinjianZool3 Feb 25
Feb 22 MacBook Air 2018 - Optimal Settings Hi all, I'm new to Diablo and have one of the new Macbook Air's, released late 2018. I've searched the forums for some guide on optimal settings but I haven't found a relevant thread. I was hoping that someone might have some advice on the optimal settings to get the best performance out of one of the new MacBook Airs. Device detail: MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 RAM: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB At the moment, I have played about 15m using the default settings (which is largest resolution, everything set to high). It plays quite well, but I haven't seen a lot of action and it is a little jumpy in general when moving around. I don't have a lot of time available for gaming and I suspect going low on everything and then choosing a smaller resolution will improve this greatly and I will tweak settings until I find something that works. But I thought maybe someone else has spent a bit of time doing this and could potentially save me some tinker time and help me maximise my time smiting evil. Thanks in advance.Mnky2 Feb 22
Feb 22 Diablo 3 on 64 bit yet ? Saw an old thread from 2017 about this. Diablo 3 on 64 bit yet ? Running Metal/Apple ?? Did Windows D3 users base finally go 64 bit as that was the hold-up in old thread ? !!KillerB2 Feb 22
Feb 22 Metal for Mac Curious how Blizzard will support this new API in the future. This may be big for Mac gamers.Ghostpos56 Feb 22
Feb 11 D3 Working on my MBP ... finally?!? I have to admit that I agree with all the people complaining about this issue... Blizzard screwed us on this last update for Season 16 and forces your hand to get it working. Admittedly, Apple has done the same thing because my iTunes stopped working properly in Yosemite and I was told to upgrade to get it to work?!? Seriously... Anyway... here is my solution! It may or may not work for you but this was the only way for me to get it to work WITHOUT buying anything new! FIRST - What is your computer? Can it be upgraded to mac o/s 11.11.6? ... mine could, I just went to 11.11 when it first came out and it blew chunks so went back to a stable build, Yosemite! IF YOU CANNOT UPGRADE TO 11.11.6 THEN THERE IS NO SOLUTION FOR YOU ASIDE FROM UPDATING YOUR COMPUTER... sorry. Now here is where I wanted to NOT lose my Yosemite because I have everything working flawlessly in it... well not iTunes or D3 but I could live without them. I have a mid-2009 MBP and added a 256G SSD drive last year... LOVE IT! Definitely worth the money. Here's how I play D3 now! 1. Clear hdd space, enough to make a partition 40-50G. I still have like 60-80Gigs free after the new partition was created so I kept free disk space. 2. Reboot and select recovery on boot up (hold option at start up). 3. Recover Yosemite to the new partition. 4. Upgrade to El Capitan on new partition. 5. Installed D3 and VIOLA!!! Everything worked great! This stinks because it takes up hdd space but if you want to play on your mac... then this is what you have to do! cheers!Jagered724 Feb 11
Feb 6 Running D3 in 10.10.5 Yosemite worked til now Edit: I see that, to my surprise, as of a year ago the minimum system requirements are OSX 10.11, despite my being able to run on 10.10.5 until now. I do not plan on updating my OS, so I am wondering if this patch has finally broken the game for 10.10.5 and if anyone else is in my position and has found a workaround for running it in Yosemite. I understand it is not officially supported. Thank you. BorisBoris4 Feb 6
Feb 4 Black screen when starting up game following patch Hey, Blizzard. I've been playing Diablo 3 for the last three weeks with no issue on my Macbook Air (OS X Yosemite). I updated the game this evening, and now I only get a black screen with a scrolling rainbow wheel when I try to open the game from the Battle.net interface. I tried restarting and the scan and repair feature, but to no avail. I am using my laptop keyboard and a Logitech mouse. Any help is appreciated; thanks!MortySmith8 Feb 4
Feb 4 Where is the D3Prefs.txt File on macs? *HELP* There is a workaround that has worked for me concerning unsupported video cards on the Mac that I worked out from the info for the PC workaround (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903520596#1) Hey Guys, I'm trying to work around a non supported graphics card. I found the work around below but where is the D3Prefs.txt file on a mac? When I look in the folder below its empty? On the Mac: 1. You're going to have to show hidden files/folders, I used Onyx. 2. Go to your home directory (i.e. your name), then find the grayed out folder Library (it's normally hidden). 3. Traverse to Application Support > Blizzard > Diablo III 4. Open D3Prefs.txt with your text editor and follow the same steps as the PC stuff: Change: - DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1) - HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1) Save the file and close it. 5. The one last thing I had to do was play it in windowed mode: Added Change (in D3Prefs.txt): - DisplayModeWindowMode "1" (from 0 to 1) Save the file and close it. This should prevent the black screen and initialize the first cut scene, you can proceed to watch it, or escape out of it and then you'll be presented with the login screen for D3. As long as you play in windowed mode, you should be able to play if you were running into the black screen.bigPToronto60 Feb 4
Feb 2 BLZNTAGT0000032A - Battle.net not updating I haven't played in yonks, so I'm updating, but it's not working. I'm on a Macbook Pro, OS X 10.11.6. I click on Battle.net, it says it's updating and gets to 70% or so (that's an eyeballed estimate based on the progress bar), then it freezes and gives me BLZ . . .32A error, saying it'll keep trying in the background. It's been two days now, though, so I don't think it's happening. I went through the steps in https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/12986 and I have no idea what I'm doing on step 4. I read through https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/12674389999?page=1 as well--I tried the first solution; no luck. The next solution I tried was "Resetting permissions." I can't reset the permissions on the Blizzard folder in the /users/shared folder--"read and write" is greyed out on "everyone." Not really sure where to go from here... suggestions?Marmosette8 Feb 2
Jan 28 BLZBNTAGT000008A4 Hello, I tried to install Diablo 3 again on my macbook. It downloaded everything fine. But, the last 124mb will not be downloaded. I always get the message: Failed to download files from Blizzard. BLZBNTAGT000008A4 I tried all the suggested solutions and none of them work. My mac is updated to the latest versions as well. I would be more than happy to hear any news on this. Best regardsGivious2 Jan 28
Jan 22 Pixelated Graphics after upgrading to 10.12.4 Ever since upgrading to macOS 10.12.4, I've noticed that some of the graphical effects in the game become pixelated. Some examples are the lights attached to buildings in New Tristram, and also Zoltun Kulle in any town (when he's standing by Kanai's Cube). I don't remember seeing this effect after installing 2.5.0, but only after upgrading my OS. My computer is a 2015 27" iMac with an AMD Radeon R9 M395 w/ 2GB RAM.Adeese50 Jan 22
Jan 18 Mac High Sierra load issues Game not loading on mac High Sierra. Patch update loaded last night. Blizzard main screen opens. Upon Playing game, a black screen opens & freezed. Tried the Options “scan & correct” etc etc..no dice. Pleasefix. Do not want to lose my character.Donamatirx1 Jan 18
Jan 17 My client won't update My client is still 2.6.1. I'm connected to the Americas. I manually check for updates and it tells me my client is up to date but I see posts that 2.6.4 is live. I'm running 10.13.6. Why won't my client update to 2.6.4?Silmarien1 Jan 17
Jan 12 Screen enlarging and freezing Screen on Mac enlarged and freezes when trying to pick new character.murfdogg0 Jan 12
Jan 8 Cursor doesn't work Hi. We had problem. We got a new update and we wanted to play but while we are in game in full screen, our cursor isn't working its like stuck. It react on clicking, but not for moving. In minimalist window is works normally. We got two MacBook and this problem is in both of it. We try reset game, mouses, reseting computers.. Can you please help? thx PS: we had same problem in Starcraft 2Balush14 Jan 8
Jan 3 stuck on updating blizzard agent on macOS High sierra 10.13.16 ,.... had to reinstall the game since the game was not launching .. deleted every folder related to blizzard and battlenet as well as diablo 3 , now the setup is stuck on updating blizzard agent and is not moving forward .. i have check the network there is not issue , tried connecting through a lan cable , able to go online but updating agent still stuck 50% please help me fix thisBlade2 Jan 3
Dec 24 New iMac 5K keep crashing... Hi: Just replaced my old iMac 27" (late 2012) with a new 5K one (mid-2017) and I find that I can not get Diablo III to load successfully. Played fine on my old one, the fan would just run like mad but it never crashed. I managed to play 10min on the new one, using one of my older characters, but the new Necromancer is not loading. It starts, allows me to choose my character and then crashes and returns me to the desktop. I have tried this at the default resolution (2560x1440), and the higher (3200x1800). Since the computer is new and just came yesterday I bought it with the default 8GB memory (knowing I would be upping this soon) where my older iMac has 24GB. Could this be it? Will I have more success once I update the memory to 24GB or higher? Thanks in advance for the help. I don't play as often as I did years ago, but not being able to play at all now is bugging the hell out of me.Impaler8 Dec 24
Dec 24 Why You don't test this game on Macbook ????? Why you don't test this game on MacBook??? Is this too difficult for you? Update breaks mouse and you don't tested this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ShadowDragon0 Dec 24
Dec 21 Mouse Problem Mouse not working on new patchRam4 Dec 21
Dec 17 Mouse cursor frozen (iMac) After the recent update (~1hr ago), the mouse cursor is frozen. The mouse moves until the connecting screen. After that it is frozen. Keyboard works. On screens where the cursor is above something, the item beneath does light up and I can click it. If I place the cursor over the 'resume game' button and click, the game attempts to load but is frozen. I was playing before the update with no problem.Kaleva19 Dec 17
Dec 17 Mouse stops working after you press play For mac Diablo mouse stops working after you press the play button to start game. mouse has newest firmware mouse moves a tiny bit in the middle of the screen thats it..calltrex26 Dec 17
Dec 17 Mouse Issues I am using a Macbook Pro About a month ago I started diablo up and my mouse stutters all over the place randomly. If I hold down the left mouse button it seems to be okay, but as soon as I let it go it stutters all over again. I tried buying a new mouse, replacing my moousepad, reinstalling diablo 3, and reinstalling Razor synapse. Using other mice. It doesnt matter what moouse I use it is the same thing,,,, HELPGreezon26 Dec 17
Dec 17 cursor freezes cursor freezesStingernav1 Dec 17
Dec 17 Mouse/Cursor Issues on MacBook Pro I have a MacBook Pro and I've read previous post about slow or lagging mouses but my cursor is completely frozen. The touchpad and mouse suddenly stop working when I open up Diablo. Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it as I can't changed any settings in the game without a mouse. Anyone know a solution?Zenith1 Dec 17
Dec 17 Game won't start on MacOS Mojave(10.14) Hey, returning player but I got a new computer, MacOS Mojave running (10.14) just downloaded blizzard app and installed Diablo III +RoS and I've been trying to fix it all day. Any suggestions? I've restarted the computer several times, even disabled firewall but nothing works. I am really clueless, tried launching it via battle.net, diablo III launcher and just clicking the game itself in its folder. Full accessability permissions on aswell for all three of those. I can't launch the game, there is no error message at all, the game appears in my dock but when I right click it it says 'Application not responding' so I have to force quit it because it never launches due to this.Torurusu4 Dec 17
Dec 17 Mouse hangs to screen edge on Mojave Beta Diablo has become almost unplayable on Mac: mouse hangs and freezes for a few seconds whenever it reaches the edge of the screen. I can still move it, but it resets its position many times per second. Buttons freeze as well, both mouse and keyboard. I'm under Mojave Beta so I know this could be the culprit by itself, but it's better to point out the problem. I'm running the game on a MacBook Pro 2017 15", currently at 1680x1050 resolution (which is bad, but looks like performance issues are pretty common these days on Mac). This happens regardless of the mouse I'm using. Tested with a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum and a Corsair M65 Pro RGB.Asterion2 Dec 17
Dec 16 No curser movement with MAC update Is anyone having curser issues with the new MAC IOS update? My curser does not move at allMn892 Dec 16
Dec 12 Mojave 10.14.1 Game Freezes and crashes after playing for 2 mins every single time. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB how can I fix this issue? I'm tired of the game constantly crashingEugenius0 Dec 12