Mac Technical Support

Dec 8 macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Now Available Apple released an update for macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.2). Patch notes for High Sierra 10.13.2 are found on Apple's website. This macOS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.13.2 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site.Eloemaz0 Dec 8
May 10, 2012 Improving Your Reports Since there are many diff forums it may be hard to figure out where is best place to post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386228/ Mac Technical Support Post here if its a mac specific bug. Some examples include Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/ Technical Support Post here if it's a Windows specific bug. Some examples include: Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ General Discussion: Post here to give general feedback (non bugs). Some Examples include: Feature requests Gameplay feedback (ie, quests, classes, lore, etc) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Bug Report: Post here for general bug reports not specific to windows or mac. Examples include: Server issues (cannot create game, cannot connect to battle.net, or other server errors/issues. If you cannot tell diff between a server and a tech connectivity issue though possibly better to use mac/pc forums) Gameplay bugs (ie, x ability doesn't work, quest is not completable, etc)MysticalOS3 May 10, 2012
5d ►►Unable to start Diablo 3 Launcher [Solution]◄◄ I have been seeing reports that players are having issues running Diablo III by clicking the game client's icon in the Diablo III folder, and after having experienced the same by testing on my installation, I have determined the cause and found a series of steps that will resolve this issue for you and allow you to once again use the Diablo III icon to launch your game as you did prior to this patch: 1) Navigate to the folder containing the Diablo 3 game executable and the Diablo 3 Launcher. 2) Delete the file Diablo III Launcher (move to trash via CMD-Delete/Backspace). 3) Run the Blizzard Desktop App. You should already have this as it is required to run Diablo 3 as of 2.0.1. If your BDA is set to automatically apply updates it will download a new fully functional Launcher app and place it where it belongs in your Diablo III directory. If your BDA is set to the Never automatically apply updates option, then you will need to manually click Update and the BDA will then perform the update operation. The issue should now be resolved regarding the Diablo 3 app failing to run the Launcher. It seems that the initial patching download from the CDN servers had a corrupt file (the launcher) which appears fixed as of today and deleting and redownloading it resolves this. Good luck, and enjoy the great loot hunt! :) ________________________________________________ Technical Support MVP Prime Directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law. 4. Smash, Jay, Smash!TheTias39 5d
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including the Blizzard App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Blizzard Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Blizzard App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Blizzard Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
May 9, 2012 Welcome to Mac Technical Support This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss Mac technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum, it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, due to the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we highly recommend contacting us through other means. We have many self-help solutions that can address certain issues without needing to speak with us directly via phone. For these issues, the website will help you locate these solutions and other helpful resources to address your questions. Please see our Customer Support Contact page for details. If you need to submit a ticket, that option will be presented. These changes to the Blizzard website help us serve you in the easiest, most effective way possible. Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Mac Technical Support forum. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with respect and courtesy. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Guidelines below. As a reminder, the Mac Technical Support forum is not an alternative to the a support site ticket, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly.Machkhan1 May 9, 2012
2h Cursor movement went bad. After updated Mac OS to High Sierra 10.13.2 Supplemental Update, the cursor move slower (bad response to the movement of mouse) when " things are animated ". Last time I encountered this problem, diablo 3 had to be updated (patch updated) so then the problem was fixed.TEERY1 2h
2d battle.net app crashes on Mac osx battle.net crashes immediately on mac os x after blizzard patch update Also can't create a support ticket as blizzard's support page crashes every time after jumping through all 30 hoops and finally getting to "create ticket" button. THis happened after trying on my Mac and on a PC. pretty janky, Blizzard.FunkyPants2 2d
4d Pixelated Graphics after upgrading to 10.12.4 Ever since upgrading to macOS 10.12.4, I've noticed that some of the graphical effects in the game become pixelated. Some examples are the lights attached to buildings in New Tristram, and also Zoltun Kulle in any town (when he's standing by Kanai's Cube). I don't remember seeing this effect after installing 2.5.0, but only after upgrading my OS. My computer is a 2015 27" iMac with an AMD Radeon R9 M395 w/ 2GB RAM.Adeese34 4d
4d High Sierra 10.13 - Low FPS Since upgrading to the 10.13 GM Candidate Diablo 3 is running extremely poorly in regards to FPS. I used to run it capped at 60fps, now it struggles at the same graphics settings to get 15fps! I'm running on a Late 2016 MBP with the Radeon 460. Anyone else notice poor FPS with High Sierra?Brandonee27 4d
5d Starter Edition won't upgrade to Standard Downloaded the client on the night of the 14th and used a guest pass to register. Apparently there is only 1 client to install the game (no distinction between starter/standard) On the 15th, logged in to battle.net and entered the standard account. I can clearly see the the copy of Diablo 3 as "Standard Edition". Launched the game, logged in and can still see the "Upgrade banner" on the top right. Went all the way to the black king, and as soon as I did the last blow, I got a big dialog prompting me to upgrade. Did download the client again, installed second time, no dice. Completely removed the game, installed from the hard copy DVD that I bought, still getting the same "upgrade now" banner. Haven't been able to find a similar post, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something. Did send an email via the "Customer Services" option within the game and awaiting for a reply.Cue109 5d
Jan 8 Diablo III freezes after beating Dark Lord Same bug described here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760678215 In my case, the game hasn't crashed, but I also couldn't couldn't pick anything from the ground after his death. I had to force close the game. Based in the text from the page below, I assume that macOS is freezing while it had to play the old cinematic, since it doesn't even start to reproduce. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_(Diablo_I)#Diablo_III macOS: 10.13.2 (17C88) Diablo III: Latest version at the momentVitorMM1 Jan 8
Jan 8 New iMac Pro now Gamers choice? The new iMac Pro (Not shipping until December) looks like a Beast Machine! I'll bet a few will get it just to do gaming on! Any thoughts?GondorNative10 Jan 8
Jan 8 Can you close frozen game without hard reset? Can you close the game gracefully without doing a hard reset? Command - option - esc doesn't work. My music carries on playing in the background fine, so the machine isn't completely frozen. I've documented the 2.4 spinning ball problem here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20419273233DeadMeat7 Jan 8
Jan 7 "Agent Wants to Make Changes?" On startup of the blizzard app.. I keep cancelling. What is going on? Is this a phishing scam/virus? Picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84326627@N00/38288191675/in/dateposted-public/GondorNative10 Jan 7
Dec 29 iMac Cursor Disappears Did not see a cause/fix in forums so here's the issue: Wife plays a WD & sometime during play she will lose her cursor - completely! It's invisible! I can take over to get her out & exit the game "by feel" but there's no cure as I can tell. This has happened on two differrent iMacs running different OS, hardware, etc. Restarting the game is the only fix, do you have any idea of the cause? Thanks.GwydionM6 Dec 29
Dec 29 Mac Pro digital sound output in 5.1 Does this HAVE to be done via HDMI?ViolateThis6 Dec 29
Dec 28 Diablo 3 always crashing on macOS High Sierra Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls is crashing, about 20 seconds after I launch into the game. macOS 10.13.2 intel HD 4600 intel i5 4670 8gb ram 5222371C-B1D0-4667-A289-CE8D192493EESupremo0 Dec 28
Dec 27 How to run 2 game clients at once How do u run 2 game clients on a mac if u have 2 different diablo 3 accounts? So that u can drop items and pick them up on another account.Shocker42022 Dec 27
Dec 20 I gave up I went to the dark side. =[ I run bootcamp with Win10p and I've tripled my FPS on max settings. (That killed me to write...) Last time I used winblows was back in Win98, Win7 pissed me off and never looked back, until now. This game is stellar (on Windows platform). The subtle flames, the shadow effects, when boxes get smashed and then the different attacks. Wow! Well, here I am, trying to figure out a crap OS in order to play D3. But play D3 I shall! Perhaps D4 will be playable on native macOS, but sadly D3 will have to be moved over to the fail column. Just doesn't work anyway other than in the windows environment. I haven't played it in Fusion or anything, just native booted into Windows and enjoyed it that way. (Enjoyed, hehe) Anyways. See you ingame! If you find the mac client failing you, give up and go bootcamp to play, macOS for work and everything else... =[SheykhSleky2 Dec 20
Dec 16 macOS High Sierra Slow Cursor, Unplayable Loaded 10.13 and now the in-game cursor moves 10% of normal distance.Koreldyre12 Dec 16
Dec 15 Tabbing Between Apps in Sierra I'm having probs since the Patch and Necro. Tabbing to get between Diablo and other Aps I'm running, doesn't always work. It seems to work once and then stops. Makes it hard to research stuff while I'm playing. On a Power Mac 5,1, Sierraalbabe6 Dec 15
Dec 13 in gr i dc from team speak and the game web browser is offline for 10 minutes as well pPavloGolubev3 Dec 13
Dec 3 Macbook Pro recommended settings I own a Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2015 with the following stats Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB When I opened the game for the first time I set everything to OFF or LOW, the framerate is perfect as is, but the avatars look like paper origami. What settings and resolution do you recommend? I'm looking for something that balances graphic quality and framerate (I play on fullscreen)Lumen0 Dec 3
Dec 2 Mouse Issues I am using a Macbook Pro About a month ago I started diablo up and my mouse stutters all over the place randomly. If I hold down the left mouse button it seems to be okay, but as soon as I let it go it stutters all over again. I tried buying a new mouse, replacing my moousepad, reinstalling diablo 3, and reinstalling Razor synapse. Using other mice. It doesnt matter what moouse I use it is the same thing,,,, HELPGreezon16 Dec 2
Dec 1 Character fades I'm playing on an iMac with High Sierra OS. I find that sometimes, my character starts to disappear, and I only see it's weapon. I have to restart Battle.net for my character to be whole again. What's up with that?Chiakopf1 Dec 1
Nov 28 New iMac High Sierra crash with D3 New iMac with High Sierra 10.13.1 crashing/restarting computer while playing D3. Latest version of both. "Your computer restarted because of a problem." no explanation or anything.Nstanley691 Nov 28
Nov 23 crashes when I load into game I'm not sure how to post my specs from Mac... but after the update for the client and for diablo 3 reaper of souls my game loads slower and on top of that.... even after the games has loaded. It crashes when I ente actual games... I've tried tweaking my display and repairing the game updating etc. but it keeps crashing right before I load into games. This didn't happen up until the new patches were applied. PLEASE HELP.biceratops25 Nov 23
Nov 19 Battle net launcher won't open I am trying to play game and battle net launcher starts to open then just closes. I have tried restarting computer.AckAttack8 Nov 19
Nov 18 Diablo 3 not starting up After the latest update, D3 wont start up. When I open it the Blizzard app says its starting up, but then this goes away, and nothing happens. I have tried updating to High Sierra. I have tried turning off startup items. i have tried turning off firewall. I have tried permissions. Im getting nowhere. It was working fine the last time i played it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I even went ahead and paid for the Necromancer extension, thinking that might jumpstart something. Nope. Please help. iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 GBJuicyChog0 Nov 18
Nov 15 Crash creating new necro my game Crash everytime i try to create a new Seasonal necromancer. Making me force restart. I can create all other characters thoughgraf1 Nov 15
Nov 10 Cannot level past 60. I recently upgraded to Reaper of Souls but I still cannot level past 60. How can I continue my Monk's skills? Is there a way to turn off the Paragon leveling up thing? Please help.strwbrrtsnm0 Nov 10
Nov 1 macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Now Available Apple released an update for macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.1). Patch notes for High Sierra 10.13.1 are found on Apple's website. This macOS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.13.1 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site.Eloemaz0 Nov 1
Oct 29 10.13 Graphics Problem, Game Crashes 1-5 minutes into game, graphics suddenly disappear; missing characters, effects, textures. https://imgur.com/keA5Ef4 Zoning, leaving/rejoining games does not help. Happens Every game, shortly after which game completely crashes and exits to desktop. late 2012 iMacKoreldyre10 Oct 29
Oct 27 2.6.1.47710 not playable After patching, I can still login, but I'm not able to click anything. I tried different mouses, even with trackpad. The cursor is movable. The keyboard is responsible. I can't create game, can't even exit. If I hit alt-tab, whole screen goes dark with only mouse movable. I've to hard restart machine every time. Reinstalling the game doesn't help. My system is mac.wolf0 Oct 27
Oct 26 Diablo 3, Metal, 64 bits Hi there, I just wanted to know if you have some news to share about the implementation of Metal. Metal in World of Warcraft is awesome, and I just wondering if Metal is still in progress in Diablo 3. Thanks, ;) Take care,Niska4 Oct 26
Oct 25 Giant cursor This just started for me last night, I logged into the game and my cursor is huge. In game, it is more than half the size of my entire character. It looks awful. I had been playing earlier with no issue. I've tried everything to get rid of it including: adjusting cursor under mac preferences, checking the large cursor check box in game settings (which I originally had off and now does not change the cursor size, but it does make it lag and shake when it moves), alt-tabbing, different windowed modes and full screen, different game resolutions, different system resolutions, lock cursor check box, vertical sync check box, restarting Diablo 3, restarting my Mac, disconnecting my mouse, resetting the game settings from launcher, and various combinations of the above. I even tried reinstalling, but didn't help. macOS Sierra 10.12.6 MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MBSumanye1 Oct 25
Oct 22 How do I uninstall all of the PTR files cant get into a ptr game so just want to uninstall but its complicated on a macBobby4 Oct 22
Oct 20 Game crashing on launch and unable to log web ticket Hey all, Could really do with some help. I've done all the recommended troubleshooting steps and been trying to log a web ticket with Blizzard but it keeps timing out, so I'm pretty stuck. When I try and launch Diablo 3 from the battle.net app, the game immediately crashes, just saying 'The application encountered an unexpected error'. I have previously (most recent was last year) successfully downloaded and played Diablo 3 on this laptop. I'm playing on a Mac. I've followed all the recommended troubleshooting steps, including deleting and re-downloading the game. When I tried this a couple days back, the game launched and I was able to play for a while (although it took several tries to purchase the new DLC using the in-game store, as the store kept crashing – but not the game. Not sure if this is related). However when I tried to play again yesterday afternoon, it was back to crashing without launching, and hasn't worked since. I've also noticed that often during this time, especially after crashing, the launcher indicates that a patch or update needs to be downloaded, and then makes the game available to play without anything having been downloaded. Again, not sure if this is related. Any help much appreciated! Even if just a way of getting through to Blizzard!mfftwd6 Oct 20
Oct 19 Code 1002 Log In Problem Unable to log in from 12 noon till now. Error code 1002. Been logging in all the while until now. Using iMac OS X Yosemite V 10.10.5. Tried unsuccessfully the Blizzard self help. Please help.flim1 Oct 19
Oct 18 Westmarch Heights Lag I searched Westmarch Heights and it appears the lag problem was prevalent 3 years ago. After the maintenance, this map prevents skills and teleport even in lowest settings of graphics and particles. (I shouldn't even have to do such a thing in an optimized game. I use Low settings anyway because I play on a macbook.) I experience this in any character, to be honest. It happens as soon as I appear in the map. Steps to reproduce the problem: Teleport into it. I doubt an image is going to showcase the problem. I would need a video. The awkward thing is that it doesn't even crash. Mechanics just... stop working. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a hardcore character and this is pretty disabling for seasonal characters. Info on Mac: OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 8 GB My network is through ethernet, better than Wi-Fi, anyhow if that changes anything.icosahedron0 Oct 18
Oct 9 Trouble closing Blizzard app Just as the title topic says, I can't get the app to close and wind up shutting down my mac and restarting. Anyone else?Xunii0 Oct 9
Oct 4 Mac Osx, impossible to install patch 2.5 Hi, on my MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.12.3, it's not possible to install the new patch 2.5. I just reinstalled the game and it's the same thing, I click on update button, I start the game and when start login, there is a windows who say '' you do need install the new patch before playing'' .... Do you know why ? Thxjr182hendrix2 Oct 4
Oct 3 Cursor issue When I switch between 'Fullscreen' and 'Windowed fullscreen', everything pretty much appears similar EXCEPT the cursor which triples in size. I've tried several things such as changing the resolution, toggling the 'Large cursor' option or even unchecking 'Shake mouse pointer to locate' in my mac's system preferences (as suggested in blizzard's support page), but nothing seems to decrease the size of my cursor in-game. Is there any way I can play in windowed fullscreen without having to drag around a huge cursor? I play on a 13'' macbook pro.Balimia1 Oct 3
Sep 27 Mac High Sierra works OK.. so far Just installed the golden master Diablo seems to play OK.. will test it out further tomorrow.GondorNative1 Sep 27
Sep 15 Diablo 3 launching issues When I go to launch the game via the B.net launcher, it starts "fetching patch manifest" and after downloading about 30-ish MBs, it'll let me start the game. However, when I DO start the game, it hangs in the task bar (dock for mac) and is unresponsive. If I force quit D3, it goes right back to "fetching patch manifest" and the problem starts all over again. Any fix that doesn't involve reinstalling the game?Opex1 Sep 15
Sep 9 Item Tooltip not showing? I recently opened up D3 to start playing where I left off the night before but I noticed that the tool-tips for items mysteriously stopped working. When I hover the mouse over any item it doesn't do anything. If I click the item and place it back in my inventory it then pops up what should have shown upon the hover. It's really weird since I've made zero changes to anything on my mac or on my game settings. I've noticed as well that clicking on items like waypoints or shrines is extremely difficult and requires a few extra-persistent clicks. It's a really frustrating thing and has pretty much rendered the game unplayable. I've messed with the settings to no end, done a game reset, switched my mouse and nothing works. From what I gather a few people had this issue back in June but it seemed to be on Blizzard's side as it was across WoW, SCII, and D3 and randomly fixed itself. I've had the disappearing mouse cursor happen a couple times in the last week but that was fixed by just relaunching the game. I'm not too sure what can be causing it. I've tried the game in Fullscreen, windowed, windowed-fullscreen and it's all the same. Specs: Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)OptimusGRiME6 Sep 9
Sep 7 Small cursor patch 2.6.0 game unplayable Hi I just installed 2.6.0 with Necro DLC When I start the game my cursor is very small and not aligning with menu items. It's like my game is 1440 resolution by my mouse is on 3000+ resolution. Anyone having the same problems? I can't turn on windowed fullscreen that just makes the screen black. Alt+tab makes the screen black (and is irreversible until force quit). I have tried emptying the cache but that didn't help... Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2,9 GHz Intel HD Graphics 530: Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x191b Revision ID: 0x0006 Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported gMux Version: 4.0.29 [3.2.8] Metal: Supported Displays: Color LCD: Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Rotation: Supported Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPortshroom9 Sep 7
Sep 7 Won't able to launch the game I can't launch Diablo 3 (on MAC OS Sierra 10.12.5), everytime i try to launch the game get stuck....Then, i force the close, send the information to Blizzard and a download a patch (36 MB aprox). This download is happening everytime i close the game....fsrojas22 Sep 7
Sep 3 "Failed to change permissions" on mac When I launch Diablo III on my mac, it fails with the message "failed to change permissions on a critical file. Please log in as an Administrator and try again" I've run with sudo but that did not help. Checked permissions on the folders. Everything looks ok. Old build I guess. I have not played in a while <BUILD>1.0.8.16603 (75916-915981)</BUILD> Blizzard Launcher.log has [UIController] Error occurred Failed to change permissions on a critical file. Please log in as an administrator and try again.... Setup-<numbers>-<more numbers>.log has Failed to Repair file/folder permisions for "/Users/Shared/Battle.net" Any advice?Ninjack1 Sep 3