Mac Technical Support

Mar 28 macOS 10.12.5 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve stability, compatibility and security. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.5 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 Mar 28
May 10, 2012 Improving Your Reports Since there are many diff forums it may be hard to figure out where is best place to post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386228/ Mac Technical Support Post here if its a mac specific bug. Some examples include Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/ Technical Support Post here if it's a Windows specific bug. Some examples include: Client crashes Fps or other graphics rendering issues. Install issues Other erratic client issues (such as not launching). Patching issues http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ General Discussion: Post here to give general feedback (non bugs). Some Examples include: Feature requests Gameplay feedback (ie, quests, classes, lore, etc) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/ Bug Report: Post here for general bug reports not specific to windows or mac. Examples include: Server issues (cannot create game, cannot connect to battle.net, or other server errors/issues. If you cannot tell diff between a server and a tech connectivity issue though possibly better to use mac/pc forums) Gameplay bugs (ie, x ability doesn't work, quest is not completable, etc)MysticalOS3 May 10, 2012
Jul 2 ►►Unable to start Diablo 3 Launcher [Solution]◄◄ I have been seeing reports that players are having issues running Diablo III by clicking the game client's icon in the Diablo III folder, and after having experienced the same by testing on my installation, I have determined the cause and found a series of steps that will resolve this issue for you and allow you to once again use the Diablo III icon to launch your game as you did prior to this patch: 1) Navigate to the folder containing the Diablo 3 game executable and the Diablo 3 Launcher. 2) Delete the file Diablo III Launcher (move to trash via CMD-Delete/Backspace). 3) Run the Blizzard Desktop App. You should already have this as it is required to run Diablo 3 as of 2.0.1. If your BDA is set to automatically apply updates it will download a new fully functional Launcher app and place it where it belongs in your Diablo III directory. If your BDA is set to the Never automatically apply updates option, then you will need to manually click Update and the BDA will then perform the update operation. The issue should now be resolved regarding the Diablo 3 app failing to run the Launcher. It seems that the initial patching download from the CDN servers had a corrupt file (the launcher) which appears fixed as of today and deleting and redownloading it resolves this. Good luck, and enjoy the great loot hunt! :) ________________________________________________ Technical Support MVP Prime Directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law. 4. Smash, Jay, Smash!TheTias36 Jul 2
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1
Jun 29 Wrong region/Missing Characters 3/21/17 Hello all, We have been seeing an issue where Diablo III will log in to a different region's server then the one selected. For you example the Americas server is selected but the game logs in to the Europe server. We are working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, we do have some workarounds that will help get logged in to the correct server. 1) After logging into the wrong region, go to the character creation screen. This should be default if there are no characters in this region. 2) Click on the Back button in the lower left-hand corner. This should take you to the login screen. 3) Click on Options on the left side and then Account. 5) Make sure the correct region is selected in the drop down menu then press Accept. 6)Log in to Diablo III If the above does not help try the steps here. 1) Close the Blizzard application. 2) Locate the Diablo III application. Most likely in /Applications/Diablo III 3) Open the terminal and write: cd /Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/ May need to change the path if the game folder is located in a different folder. 4) Then write: ./Diablo\ III -launch 5) Change the region in the login menu.Eloemaz42 Jun 29
May 19, 2016 Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.12. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game performance, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date, especially those using Intel GPUs.Glaxigrav0 May 19, 2016
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including the Blizzard App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Blizzard Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Blizzard App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Blizzard Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
Oct 17, 2014 OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Stuttering Mouse Cursor Hail and well met, and happy new OS day! We're currently aware of an issue with the Confine Mouse Cursor option for all of our games which will result in a stuttering or jittery mouse on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. We are working closely with Apple to resolve the issue, and hope to have a solution soon. In the meantime, setting your Confine Mouse Cursor option to Off will resolve the issue. We understand that this will result in issues with some games where scrolling is necessary (Heroes/Starcraft II). Should you wish to leave Confine Mouse Cursor on, you may find that enabling VSync reduces (but will not eliminate) the amount of stuttering that you encounter. Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue! We'll provide updates as soon as they become available.Glaxigrav0 Oct 17, 2014
May 9, 2012 Welcome to Mac Technical Support This forum exists to provide Diablo III customers with a place to discuss Mac technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum, it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, due to the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we highly recommend contacting us through other means. We have many self-help solutions that can address certain issues without needing to speak with us directly via phone. For these issues, the website will help you locate these solutions and other helpful resources to address your questions. Please see our Customer Support Contact page for details. If you need to submit a ticket, that option will be presented. These changes to the Blizzard website help us serve you in the easiest, most effective way possible. Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Mac Technical Support forum. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with respect and courtesy. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct and the Forum Guidelines below. As a reminder, the Mac Technical Support forum is not an alternative to the a support site ticket, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly.Machkhan1 May 9, 2012
5h iMac Cursor Disappears Did not see a cause/fix in forums so here's the issue: Wife plays a WD & sometime during play she will lose her cursor - completely! It's invisible! I can take over to get her out & exit the game "by feel" but there's no cure as I can tell. This has happened on two differrent iMacs running different OS, hardware, etc. Restarting the game is the only fix, do you have any idea of the cause? Thanks.GwydionM2 5h
6h Won't able to launch the game I can't launch Diablo 3 (on MAC OS Sierra 10.12.5), everytime i try to launch the game get stuck....Then, i force the close, send the information to Blizzard and a download a patch (36 MB aprox). This download is happening everytime i close the game....fsrojas13 6h
2d Cant launch game Blizzard App wont launch diablo 3. Hi I have a macbook pro OS sierra Just downloaded the game and when I press play the splash icon shows on my dock at the bottom but suddenly disappears. The play button becomes clickable again but no error message is shown it just wont launch the game at all. Ive trolled these forums looking for an answer but have had no luck with any of the posted solutions. wah.Vinny954 2d
2d Dock takes forever after closing out game Anyone else having an issue with the dock not coming back right away after you exit? It takes like a minute or two for it to come back up. I have to use Spotlight Search to do anything...Definitely not normal. Just curious....LordBaldor0 2d
3d Article: The State os Mac Gaming - Metal 2 Mac Gaming article... Mostly about Metal 2, but Last page they mention that Vulkan is gaining traction https://arstechnica.com/apple/2017/07/the-state-of-mac-gaming/GondorNative2 3d
4d Tabbing Between Apps in Sierra I'm having probs since the Patch and Necro. Tabbing to get between Diablo and other Aps I'm running, doesn't always work. It seems to work once and then stops. Makes it hard to research stuff while I'm playing. On a Power Mac 5,1, Sierraalbabe3 4d
4d Freezing/Lazy mouse Hadn't played D3 in a couple patches, and was excited to jump back in for 2.6, but it's currently an incredibly frustrating experience, and I'm on the verge of dropping it again. The issue is that my 3 different Steelseries mice are all consistently experiencing the same issue. Whenever I press keys on my key board, my cursor gets stuck. If I try to move the cursor it sort of vibrates or struggles to move more than a few pixels. I have noticed that it seems to happen more when I'm pressing a lot of buttons quickly. The only thing that seems to fix it is picked the mouse up and putting it back down on the pad. Seems to reset the mouse and the issue at the same time. I'm playing on my MacBook Pro, and have turned key repeat on low and completely off and it continues to happen. I've tried the Sensei, Sensei Raw, and the Rival 700. Again, never had an issues before hopping back on. Last time I played was 2.4 I believe. Please! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to stop playing.pinback5 4d
4d Invisble mouse cursor MacBook Pro Invisible mouse cursor on MAC! I read about fixing it on Pcs, but I use a MacbookPro! How to fix that?? Can someone help me? :)linavet2 4d
4d Metal for Mac Curious how Blizzard will support this new API in the future. This may be big for Mac gamers.Ghostpos49 4d
4d D3 playability on new Mid 2017 27" iMac I've been contemplating between building a new PC, or buying the new 27" iMac. I was wondering what people's experiences have been with D3 on the new iMac, and how much, if any, one had to lower the graphics quality to experience smooth 60fps gameplay (due to the 5k screen). Thanks for any input.Teddy3 4d
4d Pixelated Graphics after upgrading to 10.12.4 Ever since upgrading to macOS 10.12.4, I've noticed that some of the graphical effects in the game become pixelated. Some examples are the lights attached to buildings in New Tristram, and also Zoltun Kulle in any town (when he's standing by Kanai's Cube). I don't remember seeing this effect after installing 2.5.0, but only after upgrading my OS. My computer is a 2015 27" iMac with an AMD Radeon R9 M395 w/ 2GB RAM.Adeese21 4d
6d Crashing ~1-2 minutes after beginning a new game Well it *was* working well again... Then this morning happened. I have written fairly extensively about this problem before, so I won't belabor the point too much, but basically it's a problem where within 1-2 minutes of opening a new game, my screen goes berserk or the game hangs or it quits itself or something like that. It can make the game entirely unplayable. I was at one time thinking it was my graphics card or my computer BUT I have checked the minimum requirements for a Mac and my graphics card meets them. And I can go several months happily playing with no problems and then there will be a software update and suddenly these problems happen. For example, after the first patch after 2.6 was released these issues went away and I could play just fine. Then I installed the latest update this morning, after it was downloaded. And now I am back to crashing again and not being able to play. So... I don't know what it is but at this point I am pretty frustrated and thinking it is something server side because it seems to either be fixed or unfixed after updates. I am gonna go try to play for the third time this morning but yes, this is frustrating, and yes, I have reinstalled the software and done other things you list to try to solve this. I don't know why it happens; wish I did. Then I could ask you to please fix X, Y, or Z. Please fix this! It's frustrating and obviously I hope to be able to play for the XP bonus weekend. Thank you so much!ThGreenAnole0 6d
6d Game crash at entry Switching over to the European region circumvents crashing. Creating new characters or switching to older ones of every class under my original account (Americas) doesn't alleviate the problem. If I'm lucky enough to see my characters in town I receive a disconnection notice followed by a code 1016 prompt and then a crash. I've switched around all display settings with no change in results. Been playing on the same computer since D3 released, started crashing last week. I am somehow able to enter Challlenge Rifts more often than not and play on the Americas server.REESESFECES4 6d
Jul 9 Can't get game on External Monitor Im using my Macbook air to run Diablo 3. But i have a 11 inch screen. I cant seem to pull up diablo 3 on my external 29 inch monitor. Please helpYouTried2 Jul 9
Jul 6 Mouse Mapping Bug for Mac Using an external monitor on my retina mac pro, OSX 10.10 for D3. Since Necro beta-test there has been a serious mouse mapping error. Hovering on the topmost button "Options" of the full game menu highlights "Exit Diablo 3". Similarly, it persists in all aspects of the game and makes hitting any button or aiming impossible. It made the beta unplayable for me, and was reported then. It's now been incorporated into the normal D3 game and is unplayable.LiTieKuai3 Jul 6
Jul 6 Mouse stops working after you press play For mac Diablo mouse stops working after you press the play button to start game. mouse has newest firmware mouse moves a tiny bit in the middle of the screen thats it..calltrex4 Jul 6
Jul 5 Dark graphics on 2017 iMac 27. Just purchased the 2017 iMac 27 w/ Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB video memory. The machine handles 4k easily for me with refresh rates in 50's. Bad news is the graphics while equally as detailed as my Dell UHD32 is extremely dark. I mean the only area lighted is immediately around the character. That is with max gamma selected on D3 video settings and max brightness selected in System Preferences. As an aging gamer I don't think I can continue to enjoy the game without improving the graphics. Anyone come up with improvements? Thanks!slobote7 Jul 5
Jul 4 Paragon Control +100 Not Working ... The new ability to add 100 paragon points by holding Control is not working as intended on Mac. Simply holding control doesn't even add a single paragon point. The following does work, however your character does not stand still when you do it: Shift+Control Control+Option I'm running the latest version of macOS, and I use the Apple Keyboard (Gen 1).Nahydrin4 Jul 4
Jul 2 I solved my D3 Launcher issue. I had a problem after I purchased the Necro addition. After I purchased and downloaded the new data, my launcher seemed to be completely broken under D3 tab. It would just sit there and spin. I did not have a play button or the big orange box I read about. I tried deleting the cache and reinstalling the Launcher/D3 several times. Nothing worked for me, but then I had an idea. It worked! 1: Open up the Blizzard Launcher 2: Log out of your account 3: Click on the region drop down box 4: Choose a different region than normal 5: Log into the different region(should look fixed now) 6: Log out and go back to your normal Region 7; Continue your adventures :)Lowthos1 Jul 2
Jul 2 BLZBNTBTS0000005C " Failed to run a required program (Agent). Please wait one minute and try again. If this error reoccurs, please restart your computer and try again. BLZBNTBTS0000005C " I have tried all the suggestions to repair this problem on my MAC yet nothing has worked, don't know what else to doTatts611 Jul 2
Jul 2 necro patch ...then i did what the forums suggested..and first was "waiting for update to finish" so i read your advice..did what you said...deleted launcher...turned off security...rebooted...followed reinstall advice using a mac..current operating system...necro build wont load...and now everything i do makes it worse..now when i open blizzard app..click on "install" the little blue triangle just keeps spinning till i get the "oops" crap ...RoninMG3 Jul 2
Jul 2 Patch 2.6 not loading 2011 iMac Core i7, MacOS 10.12.5 Blizzard app says, "Waiting on another installation or update . . . ." It doesn't make any progress. Nothing happening now for almost half an hour. Any help appreciated.Cuchulain10 Jul 2
Jul 1 FYI - macOS 10.13 - unusable in beta 1 For those who are thinking about it - my current experience to save you time or for those just wondering. Hardware - MacBook Pro 15 Retina (late - 2013) - 16GB RAM. OS - macOS 10.13 beta 1 (WWDC build) - with APFS no encryption. Battle.net installs - OK. D3 installs - OK Playing D3 - it doesn't work in this beta. FYI - hearthstone plays OK. Trying to play D3 is impossible, mouse just about moves, esc key fails to work sometimes. I've not had time to investigate things like AFPS, or other bugs yet. This post mostly about saving others sometime.capsule2566 Jul 1
Jul 1 New character fail after Necro install I have been unable to create a new character after installing and purchasing the Necromancer update. I get the never ending colored beach ball of despair immediately after hitting the "Create" button. I've tried rebooting and force quitting the launcher app, but get the same results. Any ideas would be much appreciated - Thanks!VladInOC1 Jul 1
Jul 1 Command-Tab on Mac Used to be able to switch between D3 and other applications; this no longer works.Kronos3 Jul 1
Jun 30 Hanging at retrieving hero list OSX I have a mid 2015 macbook pro. I recently started playing D3 again after a long hiatus. My problem is that when I go to play, it does the checks and Retrieves the Hero list (gets the green check next to it), but doesn't move to the next screen. I have no way to switch out of the program to try and kill the task either, everything that would normally work doesn't. I have to force a shutdown and reboot to get back up. At this point, I'll be able to login 1 time and after I quit the game, I'll have the same problem the next time around.fffizzz7 Jun 30
Jun 30 No Metal :sadface: Output of otool -L reveals /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics Among a bunch of others, but, sadly, no Metal yet :( At least we have 64-bit going for us, which is nice.Shadywack3 Jun 30
Jun 29 MAC and error code BLZBNTAGT0000096A My MAC seems resistant to the Necromancer, it will not load, telling me that the system is waiting for something else to load. I follow all instructions including making certain all Diablo items are no longer running on my computer and still I get the BLZBNTAGT0000096A error message. Anyone else??? Did I completely loose Diable 3 trying to get the Necromancer???Tralfaz1 Jun 29
Jun 29 Unable to purchase Necromancer pack Click purchase button but no reaction and got stuck. Kindly helpgordonkch1 Jun 29
Jun 29 Update issues...unplayable Updated to D3-Necro and now my "Blizzard app" is stuck at 0% download.Agonize0 Jun 29
Jun 29 Updated Mac for D3/Kernal Panic Updated my 2010 imac to current 10.12.5 because d3 would NOT open with 10.12. Got everything updated. Tried to open, D3 went to NOT RESPONDING then a kernel panic crashed the whole thing. Help?Kultain0 Jun 29
Jun 29 Patch update] The blizzard updater is stuck or stopped at 7%. Its been there for 45-60 mins. I tried rebooting the app and my I-mac, no luck.MrGoozy1 Jun 29
Jun 28 Small cursor patch 2.6.0 game unplayable Hi I just installed 2.6.0 with Necro DLC When I start the game my cursor is very small and not aligning with menu items. It's like my game is 1440 resolution by my mouse is on 3000+ resolution. Anyone having the same problems? I can't turn on windowed fullscreen that just makes the screen black. Alt+tab makes the screen black (and is irreversible until force quit). I have tried emptying the cache but that didn't help... Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2,9 GHz Intel HD Graphics 530: Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x191b Revision ID: 0x0006 Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported gMux Version: 4.0.29 [3.2.8] Metal: Supported Displays: Color LCD: Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Rotation: Supported Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPortshroom8 Jun 28
Jun 28 Stuck on fetching patch manifest Hi All, My macbook air used to run reaper of souls without problems until recently. I had to reinstall my battle.net app, and soon after that, my game isn't running anymore, stuck on an eternal beach ball error, and force quit prompts the game to download a 33.5 Patch Manifest task, and the status is always "Updating". After the supposed update, I then go on to have the same error over and over again. Please help. :) Thanks!DeathPants2 Jun 28
Jun 28 New client update - unable to launch game Since the D3 client was updated to show the buy the Necromancer splash screen, the button to launch the game is gone so it can't be played. I won't be buying the the add on until this is fixed.Galeforce4 Jun 28
Jun 28 will not launch or update I just bought the update and the launcher is still stuck showing the buy the update screen and clicking on it just tells me I have bought it I tried to use the manual install client but that also does not work just opens the battlement launcher and under DIII in the games tab it just displays the get the necro update with no option to manually force a clean install of the clientWindshadow1 Jun 28
Jun 28 Apple to Phase Out 32-Bit Mac Apps https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/apple-to-phase-out-32-bit-mac-apps/ Does this mean we will finally get a 64 bit client of Diablo 3 for Mac?Kakaratto12 Jun 28
Jun 28 Screen Resolution in 2.5.0 Hello. I have iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015, native resolution is 5120x2880 pixels. And choose "Best for display" Resolution in macOS System Preference > Display. Until 2.4.3, Windowed (Fullscreen) game option respects macOS resolution settings. But in 2.5.0.44247, macOS resolution settings is disabled and turns dot-by-dot resolution while gameplay. (with very small and low-speed mouse-cursor) I found old-post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/11915051681 and tried "defaults write com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault 1" and "defaults delete com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault". But these effect nothing. How do I avoid disabling macOS screen resolution settings with Windowed (Fullscreen) game option as in 2.4.3?tarot60 Jun 28
Jun 27 This looks VERY interesting! Nvidia NOW And in the video he mentions Blizzard - or a Blizzard game (I think)- not Diablo however http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/06/26/first-look-nvidia-now-brings-premium-gaming-to-macGondorNative0 Jun 27
Jun 24 Character Slots; Mouse Hi! I would like to ask some help regarding my characters on log in. Occasionally they would rearrange themselves after I have reordered them upon logging back in; they usually go back to a certain order, I don't know why; it's kind of annoying really, any thoughts? Also, I noticed since the season started my mouse pointer had become about 50% smaller; I had tried to adjust my settings in-game to no avail. Have you guys changed the mouse pointer for some reason? It's really hard to note its location especially when my screen is filled with a hundred monsters and a dozen skills. Thanks in advance!SethMD3 Jun 24
Jun 23 The Rise of Necromancer for Mac I've just seem the news about the release on 27th, but I noticed that it will be released to PC, PS4 and XBOX one, my question is PC also means Mac (computer in general) or like Overwatch you won't realease it for Mac?Immortal3 Jun 23