Bug Report

Jan 10, 2017 2.4.3 Known Issues List - Updated 1/6/17 Hello everyone, and welcome to Patch 2.4.3! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 2.4.3 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active in the 2.4.3 patch. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance that are under investigation and (in most cases) are expecting a fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III! Console Newly created characters are not receiving Angelic Wings or Infernal Helms on log in Please note: the Angelic Wings will now be found in the Cosmetics section of your Inventory if any characters had them in their Inventory or Stash prior to the patch. Additionally, any Infernal Helms in your Inventory or Stash prior to the patch will still be there General Players with large friends lists may occasionally only see game icons in their chat feed instead of full names when multiple friends come onlineNevalistis1 Jan 10, 2017
May 19, 2015 How to report exploits, hacks, and cheats Greetings Heroes, I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of our forum policies regarding reporting issues involving exploits, hacks, and cheating: According to the Forums Code of Conduct, under NO circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have his/her thread deleted immediately and may be reviewed for a forums suspension. If you would like to report a hack, cheating, or other activity against the Terms of Use, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. If you've discovered an in-game bug that you feel is sensitive in nature and may potentially be used to exploit game mechanics for personal gain, you may also feel free to contact me directly at tsarnis@blizzard.com with a full report of how to reproduce the issue. Thank you for your due diligence with this. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the appropriate channels.Tsarnis0 May 19, 2015
May 19, 2015 How to Write a Good Bug Report Greetings Heroes, Welcome to Diablo III Bug Report Forums! I am very much looking forward to working with all of you to get any bugs that you may find during your travels through Sanctuary reported to our development team. To get started on this forum, please read through this guide as it explains some Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum. My team and I read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, I will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. I will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Please specify which character on your account experienced the issue you are reporting. If you are posting using a different game account (WoW/SC2/etc.) please include your battletag in your post. Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game. Bug Writing Ok, you found a bug, congratulations! But now what? This guide will explain how to accurately write a bug report. When posting a bug, please begin with a one or two sentence Summary that attempts to accurately describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. I understand that the size of the Summary has to be short, but please do your best. Good summary: The tooltip for the Barbarian's Bash skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with smash After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. Where you in multiplayer? Could you reproduce the issue? Specifics are preferred as we need to know as much as possible about the issue. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a much faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III developers. Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Imgur (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, link to a video as well. Types of Bugs Below are some different types of bugs you may encounter in Diablo III. I also have included the specific information I would like for each bug reported of this type. Combat bugs - These are pretty simple. If there is a broken skill in the game, include the name of the skill and the class that uses the skill. Example: The Barbarian's skill Bash does not knock enemies away. Quest bugs - These can be complicated. For quest issues, we request that you include two things: 1. Please include the name of the quest and quest step that you were on when you encountered the bug. The name of the quest is the name that displays at the top of your quest log, while the quest step is the specific instructions for you to complete in the quest. 2. Please specify weather this occurred in multiplayer or solo play. Example: During the quest "The Fire From The Sky : Slay a Wretched Mother", you cannot kill the Wretched Mother in multiplayer. Environment bugs - Finally, Environment bugs round out the specific types of bugs I need more information about. For Environment bugs, please describe the issue you found and tell me what level area it is located in. The level area is simply the name of the sub-zone you are in and can be found above the minimap. Every location in the game has a level area, and it helps to know this before I start looking. Screenshots are perfect for Environment bugs as well. They will accurately display the issue you are seeing. Screenshots can be taken by pressing Print Screen and can be found in the Screenshots folder in the Documents/Diablo III folder. Uploading a screenshot to an online photo site like Imgur and linking it back to your thread would help me a lot as well. Example - In New Tristram, one of the houses is bright pink. Crashes Crashes are getting their own section because of their complexity. One major way you can help Blizzard out is by filling out the crash box that appears if you crash. Simply write a description of what happened when you crashed. Were you in multiplayer? Again, specifics are key and can really help us narrow down the cause of any bugs you encounter and get them fixed as quickly as possible. Again, welcome to Diablo III!!! Following these guidelines will allow all of us to work together as efficiently as possible. Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!Tsarnis0 May 19, 2015
6h Act 3: Turning the tide/Protect and Serve bug While assisting the recruits in the Turning the tide/Protect and Serve quest (story mode questline in act 3, 2nd catapult) The progress bar stops moving, even though there are recruits. I verified that it's the correct catapult (the previous one was complete, the 3rd one was not started) This happened to me 2 times this week. 2 different toons, both seasonal. Tried zoning to no avail. Had to leave and recreate the game.Archangel19 6h
9h Count of bounties completed discrepancy There is a massive discrepancy between the number of bounties completed recorded on my profile and those counted toward the total for the achievement for completing them. My profile currently lists over 8600+ bounties completed but the count for the achievement is only 5200~ why the discrepancy and how can it be fixed please.Andy1 9h
11h No credit for Maghda in Season Journey I killed Maghda twice on Master difficulty last night (2018/8/19). My crusader, Alromid, was level 70. I did not get credit for 'Leader of the Coven' in Chapter III of the Season Journey. Both cases were solo, private games. I was using a templar follower and a build close to the one suggested by Deadset for "Levelling and Fresh 70 Crusader" (https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-1-season-14). I did not have any other current seasonal characters.harfang2 11h
13h Ebenezer Samuel Hello Together, i´m not amused. I search Ebenezer Samuel since two Years and i can´t find him.. I know Act I. , Road to Old-Tristram I´ve searched in Story and Adventure mode. I´m really pissed. Greetz from GermanyBlackStar4 13h
13h Bug - Bounty NH - Hrugowl the Defiant Northern Highlands Bounty - Hrugowl the Defiant Boss spawned right at the edge of Northern and Southern Highland and I've accidentally killed him while in SH when the bounty wasn't displayed on screen. Now when in NH, the bounty still asks for Hrugowl to be eliminated, but the boss is not present anymore.Istar13071 13h
16h Vidian doesn't drop Death's Breaths Hi! Title says it all, in TXIII the other bosses drop 3 Death's Breaths while Vidian doesn't drop any.Naoki1 16h
19h NO REVIVE AFTER NECRO DEATH Cant revive after death - necro bounties Torment XIII(70). No revive window.Draxxell0 19h
19h Unable to revive in softcore Pushing with my corpse lance necro and died without the option to revive. played something like 4k hours and never seen this. Not sure how it happened. Here is a video of the incident. https://plays.tv/video/5b78aa9e69b3f49828/barf-broke-the-game-again-barf1 19h
21h huge life regeneration bug hello diablo 3 devlopment team, so my wizard has life regeneration gear and yet nothing is healing my character at all! i've been having issues for at least 2 months straight. is there something you can do about fixing this horrible bug? i blieve my gamer tag is thepresident#11223thepresident3 21h
22h New character same paragon level as old. I was playing between two chacters an older higher level Paragon Barbarian, and a new wizard character. I was swaping treasure, but that being said, suddenly new chacter kept its level 30 but was at the same Paragon level as the older chacher along with associated increase in stats, when I wanted to build him up from (somewhat) scratch. Common bug or new?Badger2 22h
1d Seasonal Character not saving progress Hello! The issue that I am experiencing is on my seasonal character. I complete seasonal challenges and earn the rewards once they are completed. Only to find when I log off and log back on that the most recent ones I completed have gone from red (completed) back to grey. This is also affecting the loot that I received on the tasks themselves. Any guidance would be great. Thank you!AaronLinn1 1d
1d Заруинил задачу в 4 главе сезона по незнанию Здравствуйте,по незнанию заруинил задачу в 4 главе сезона, ту, в которой нужно дойти в одиночку до великого портала 20 ур (зашел в пати, где проходили 50й ур портала). Можно ли это как то откатить? Или уже никак? Очень хотел бы завершить сезон.Balalikeer1 1d
1d Plague of Burrowers I got a bounty for Plague of Burrowers and it won't complete. I've killed maybe 12 burrowers and the chest is still red. I didn't finish it in the bonus timer but it should have completed and given me the reward.bobsmithm2 1d
1d Unable to leap HC leap/quake Barb During a normal nonseason rift my character was stuck in one spot. The run animation was working, but the character was not moving. I was able to spin around in all directions running and not moving. When I tried to leap out, nothing happend. All of my cool downs were up. This led to the death of my character by arcane sentry. My internet connection was fine the entire time. The location was in a graveyard stetting with flat ground all around with paths that I could jump to. There were only four monsters and one elite around. clipping issue maybe, the elite was not a waller I'm pretty sure.bloodytalons0 1d
1d 0 Games found at all levels all the time Hello everyone, Recently got Diablo 3 and noticed one thing, I have 3 different characters lvl 12 lvl 57 lvl 60. I cant find a single game on any act or difficulty. This simply cant be as most of my friends see dozens of games. I get invites from people fine and can join their game. Always get 0 playing this quest When I make a game, nobody seems to join ever unless I invite. I do have setting set to PUBLIC game. Tried uninstalling game didnt help. Digital version.Sup3r1oR6 1d
1d Stickey keys since last update Hi, Before this last update (i think about a week now) if i kept a keyboard key pressed while clicking my mouse it would use the spell under my mousebutton, after releasing the mousebutton it would go back to the pressed key on the keybord. However, since the update I have to double click to unlock the keyboard and sometimes it hangs on the right mousebutton instead of returning to the depressed keybord key. Since I play HC this is valuable time lost that could get me killed and prevents me from playing at this momentDarkWanderer2 1d
1d Lost of Bane of Trapped after update I have a level 78 Bane of trapped in the Stash, after the previous update, it just went missing, i looked through all my items. also when i do the GR, it will not drop that Bane of Trapped any more.PurpleBlood3 1d
1d Inventory problem Recently I have had a problem with a number of items in my inventory which cannot be sold, moved, or interacted with in any way. Why? Is this an error which can be resolved or will it continue until there is no longer any usable space in my inventory? Oh, and by the way, you customer support is terrible.Iceman3141 1d
1d s sHaTgT1 1d
2d BOUNTY: A PLAGUE OF BURROWED The bug it's still there! I killed 6/6 and the boss never showed. I had to kill 8 out of 6, then the boss showed up!MeM1 2d
2d Crystal Prison event didn't work I encountered the Crystal Prison event in Act V for the first time today, but it didn't work correctly. The sub-quest text said "Go to the Crystal Prison", and it stayed that way when I clicked the prison, and when I defeated the unique Oppressor. The Resplendent Chest became accessible and opened fine, but still no change to the quest. So, no XP reward, no achievement credit. A few other things to note: - From a nearby walkway I was able to see the platform on which the unique Oppressor was waiting to get spawned in. I tried to to shoot a Ray of Frost with Black Ice at him, but couldn't damage him (makes sense). - Also on that platform were a bunch of Shadow Vermin. They were *still* on that platform after I killed the Oppressor. - I was playing on Normal Hardcore difficulty, so killed everything very quickly and at range -- I think I used Archon Form. - I'd cleared almost everything else from the dungeon level before trying to activate the event. (All but the last platform.) - I did not return to town between finding the event and taking it on. This was done with a level 55 Wizard with Templar follower, v2.0.4, on Windows 7 x64. I have a screenshot as evidence that the quest text wouldn't update.Starlite26 2d
2d esoteric alteration gem doesn't show up this was my 2nd gem, acquired on a different toon. i see it when urshi allows me to upgrade it, but cant see it to use it.bluemango2 2d
2d Mobs not dying I restarted my game and mobs refuse to die. They have no life left and they don't move. The game does not recognize them as dead. The second I logged out they flashed dead and complete but I was unable to complete the quest.Stilicho1 2d
3d Demon Hunter, Sentry, Placement bug Under certain circumstances, you cannot place a sentry despite having more than enough hatred. Seems to occur while using various offensive abilities. (I'm not talking about while being deuffed like during knockback or frozen). I believe it should work the same way as Smoke Screen in the sense that you can use it at any point in time while attacking.Ligh7bulb1 3d
3d unable to access second line in inventory when opening my characters inventory I'm only able to access the top line .. when hoovering over the second line the cursor changes and I'm unable to select the items.JPSMIRK1 3d
3d Caldesann's Despair did not work... I was used Kania's Cube to do the Caldesann's despair. I put in 3 Flawless Royal Emerald's A Level 42 Legendary gem and my Natalya's slayer had the orange border. The transmute button light up and I hit it. It used all the mat but did put Caldesann's Despair on the weapon. I tried it again with a Lvl 30 gem and the same mat's. It consumed then all again but again it did not enchant the weapon.pheonixsang4 3d
3d Summoner of Destruction at pandemonioum gate My Gargs and garg dogs are not attacking the Summoner of destruction at the pandemonium gate in act 5, takes a Loooooooong time to kill as none of my pets attack...MeezyF0 3d
4d Bag slots not useable I installed the special edition of Reaper of Souls, and then the last 5 or 6 bag slots to the bottom right stopped working.. I have some gems in them and can't move them or pick them up.. When I click on any of the bad slots, the game sound mutes till I click on the ground ingame.. Anyone know how to fix this.. I have run the fix bugs thing in options,, It reports that no bugs found.. I did not have this problem till I installed the exp pack..Romzarah5 4d
4d Armory Gem Management Currently when saving my builds in the Armory I notice a clunky management of gemstones. Even though I am careful to place replacements back in the stash (not Inventory slots), gems are always returned in the Inventory when switching the builds. Could the code be improved to track where the replacements are placed? Or maybe allow us to define which gems to be used? As is the implementation can very easily help you dispose of useful gems.BlossomDead4 4d
4d Princess Lilian I want to addres this bug/glitch whatever you wanna call it.. I have been farming for the past 7-8 days, 15-16 Hours a day to even try to get a rainbow goblin to appear. Have been in around 300-350 whimsydale's give it or take.. solo-group and invite's, but Princess Lilian still hasent spawned for me and for my friends. Anyone knows whats up with this? Btw im playing on EU server. I would be glad to get some clarification on this matter, thanks in advance :)SuperNova14 4d
4d stuck in eternal woods got stuck in eternal woods, underneath world as crusader. I cant movement skill move, i can not attack anyone .. other then thorns damage.Bruticus1 4d
4d Multiple Caldesann buffs on different items I've tried to apply an intellect augment on an ancient piece of armor, while having an intellect augment on my weapon. First, I've buffed my weapon with using a 73 lvl legendary gem and flawless royal topaz. After some time I've buffed my helm for intellect (again using and flawless royal topaz) with another legendary gem and the buff moved to helm... same intellect and same damage of course remained. Is this normal? https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/ScramMaster-2607/hero/109382940 The buff that was previously on my Blood Brother weapon is now on the HelmScramMaster3 4d
4d No mailbox on PC. no mailbox at all. non seasonal OR seasonal has nothing. I just finished chapter 1 of season 14 and have no way to retrieve the rewards.Lorraine4 4d
4d Bounty: The Lost Legion Even though we cleared the room, we could not complete the step "Destroy the Lost Legion of the Fallen" or open the chest at the end. I believe someone in our group left in the middle of the event script to join for a boss (Adria). Returning to this area would not let us complete this step, or the Act V bounty.Roshen12 4d
4d Tearing with Gsync Monitor I recently started playing Diablo 3 again since I've purchased the Acer Predator XB271HU however it doesn't appear that Gsync works properly with this game unless Vsync is turned on in game. I've enabled Gsync for both fullscreen and windowed. Tried overriding the settings in Nvidia Control Panel. Capped my FPS in game to 140fps(refresh rate is 144hz but set to 143hz in game). But it seems that the only way to eliminate the tearing completely is to turn Vsync on which kind of defeats the purpose of Gsync. Also it looks like the majority of the tearing happens at the bottom of the bottom of the screen. Does anyone else with Gsync(or maybe even Freesync) have this issue as well? Is there a fix besides enabling Vsync? Thanks!madcowz642 4d
4d Elite in rift wont die elite in rift wont die no sign of dying no health decrease no matter how many time i hit it, it just stands there, just stands there while i spend my time trying to kill it, no health decrease, ive never seen this creature in rifts before and ive done alot of rifts, I went off diablo, playing it to report this.Warrier0 4d
4d Trouble getting achievement I'm (relatively) new to Diablo 3 and working on some achievements, I've run into an issue where I've definitely been to all the locations for the achievement, "The Bone Collector," but it's not registering. https://imgur.com/a/htD4jN0 As you can see, if you look in the top right, I'm in the location it says to explore, and yet it isn't counting it as explored. I have gone through the area multiple times, and exited it via the pillar at the end, but to no avail. I'm wondering if this is a bug other people might know about?Divock2 4d
5d Stuck in place when hitting blood shard cap. I was recently killing a blood thief and I hit the cap on blood shards and when it said I hit the cap my character was stuck in place and both blood thiefs got away because I could not move. I teleported to town and spent some blood shards and everything was fine after spending shards. This happened in season 14 and the game version is 2.6.1.51663. I had just killed 2 blood thiefs and this only happened when I hit the blood shard cap.Velyan0 5d
5d Gibbering Gemstone Hello, I am farming for the Gibbering Gemstone for some time... i tried every method there is online and worked for others... and no drop from her... i killed her over 100 times... I think the Chiltara drop is bugged. ThanksGrimReaper3 5d
5d The Apothecary's Brother Find Rike's Brother.... The NPC that follows you (Rike) got stuck at the very end when he was about 15 feet from his brother on the ground. It appears that the "hallway" passage made him stop short. 4000XP down the tubes. :(Protostar63 5d
5d game doesnt open but says already running I log in but when i get to start game it refuses to open on screen and then says game already running and I cant play cuz game is not on desktop cant find it . But it says game already running ???Menok1 5d
5d skill Akarat's Champ ending prematurely Account: AussieJester#1862. Seasonal Crusader: BlackAdder. During grifts skill Akarat's Champion ends prematurely. Skill suddenly shows as not active with about 33% of cooldown remaining. I have CDR of >56% so should be able to have it on permanently. I was NOT using numlock. Mainly happens in grifts above lvl90. Since last report on this issue I bought more ram & a new keyboard with no change.AussieJester5 5d
5d "Kill Cadhul the Deathcaller" Bounty Because Cadhul is instance locked (he is invincible until you kill his followers) the yellow "loser button" that pops up when you take too long to find someone NEVER POPS UP! IMO this is an inconsistency within the game and should be changed. <3 the dev team and look forward to D2 remaster/D4. Thanks!Groinhammer0 5d
5d Pets not attacking Sin hearts My gargs and garg dogs aren't attacking the sin heart after killing Cydea in act 3, campaign mode...MeezyF0 5d
6d Erste Etappe Seasonreise keine Belohnung Hallo liebes Support-Team, nachdem ich die erste Etappe der Saison erledigt hatte, ging bei mir der kleine Briefumschlag unten links auf. Ich klickte auf Gegenstände ins Inventar legen (das war leer zu dem Zeitpunkt). Leider habe ich aber dann keine Belohnung erhalten(die Set-Teile). Ich hoffe Ihr könnt mi helfen.. Vielen Dank schon einmal!!!Annika2 6d
6d Invisible mouse D3 only: "fixes" don't work Invisible mouse issue under Windows 10 Pro. I've tried changing all of the setting as described in the one article about 'no mouse in all blizzard games". No problems in HoTS. Also tried disconnecting/ reconnecting mouse. Shutdowning down ICUE (Corsair), using different USB port. I haven't played D3 since the lastest season ended. Started it the other week and it was fine. Only Video drivers for GEForce have changed and apparently are the culprit, if not the game itself. I'm going to force another download an update of the video drivers. If that fails I'll remove the game and redownload it. Any suggestions before I waste a few days doing this? Thank you.JackReacher1 6d
6d All of my account info is gone Logged in to play, but everything from my account is missing all of a sudden. Logged out, back in. Still the same. Checked Overwatch, all of my stuff is still there, so... I mean... =/FunkyMonk3 6d