Bug Report

20h Patch 2.4.3: PC Crash Reports Hey all, We've received a few scattered reports of crashes from players and we're attempting to hone in on the cause. So far, we've narrowed it down to the following scenario: When using the 64-bit client and DirectX 11 While the client is in Fullscreen mode When switching focus from Diablo III to another program (or back again) Running on Windows 7 (64-bit) machines with an NVIDIA graphics card If you have encountered a crash in the above scenario, we need your help! Please reply to this thread with your dxdiag results (and please put your results in [code] tags so as to keep the thread tidy). This will help us sort out the issue in a more timely fashion as we identify commonalities between occurrences. Thanks for your help and your patience as we work to resolve these issues!Nevalistis113 20h
Jan 10 2.4.3 Known Issues List - Updated 1/6/17 Hello everyone, and welcome to Patch 2.4.3! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 2.4.3 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active in the 2.4.3 patch. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance that are under investigation and (in most cases) are expecting a fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III! Console Newly created characters are not receiving Angelic Wings or Infernal Helms on log in Please note: the Angelic Wings will now be found in the Cosmetics section of your Inventory if any characters had them in their Inventory or Stash prior to the patch. Additionally, any Infernal Helms in your Inventory or Stash prior to the patch will still be there General Players with large friends lists may occasionally only see game icons in their chat feed instead of full names when multiple friends come onlineNevalistis1 Jan 10
Jan 25 AMD - Desolate Sands crashing The older sticky post we had up for this topic has been removed for the time being as it was advising an unsupported workaround of inserting older driver files into the Diablo III game folder to prevent crashing in certain areas of the game. It now appears that doing so is causing another problem for users who've updated to AMD's new Crimson Edition drivers, prompting the need for those older files to be removed. If you currently use an AMD video card able to use the newer Crimson Edition drivers (currently release 16.8.1), we encourage you to do so as the crashing issue should be fixed with them. If you have a legacy card not supporting the use of the newer drivers, you have the option of using the 16.x Beta Crimson Edition drivers. Note that AMD states "This driver is provided "as is"​ and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes." Please note that this is just for the issue of the game crashing when entering the Desolate Sands area primarily. It is not for another issue we're seeing where the game will suddenly "black" out while the user continues to hear the game sounds in the background. That particular problem is not brand specific, happening to Nvidia and AMD users alike.Omrakos0 Jan 25
May 19, 2015 How to report exploits, hacks, and cheats Greetings Heroes, I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of our forum policies regarding reporting issues involving exploits, hacks, and cheating: According to the Forums Code of Conduct, under NO circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have his/her thread deleted immediately and may be reviewed for a forums suspension. If you would like to report a hack, cheating, or other activity against the Terms of Use, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. If you've discovered an in-game bug that you feel is sensitive in nature and may potentially be used to exploit game mechanics for personal gain, you may also feel free to contact me directly at tsarnis@blizzard.com with a full report of how to reproduce the issue. Thank you for your due diligence with this. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the appropriate channels.Tsarnis0 May 19, 2015
May 19, 2015 How to Write a Good Bug Report Greetings Heroes, Welcome to Diablo III Bug Report Forums! I am very much looking forward to working with all of you to get any bugs that you may find during your travels through Sanctuary reported to our development team. To get started on this forum, please read through this guide as it explains some Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum. My team and I read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, I will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. I will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Please specify which character on your account experienced the issue you are reporting. If you are posting using a different game account (WoW/SC2/etc.) please include your battletag in your post. Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game. Bug Writing Ok, you found a bug, congratulations! But now what? This guide will explain how to accurately write a bug report. When posting a bug, please begin with a one or two sentence Summary that attempts to accurately describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. I understand that the size of the Summary has to be short, but please do your best. Good summary: The tooltip for the Barbarian's Bash skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with smash After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. Where you in multiplayer? Could you reproduce the issue? Specifics are preferred as we need to know as much as possible about the issue. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a much faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III developers. Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Imgur (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, link to a video as well. Types of Bugs Below are some different types of bugs you may encounter in Diablo III. I also have included the specific information I would like for each bug reported of this type. Combat bugs - These are pretty simple. If there is a broken skill in the game, include the name of the skill and the class that uses the skill. Example: The Barbarian's skill Bash does not knock enemies away. Quest bugs - These can be complicated. For quest issues, we request that you include two things: 1. Please include the name of the quest and quest step that you were on when you encountered the bug. The name of the quest is the name that displays at the top of your quest log, while the quest step is the specific instructions for you to complete in the quest. 2. Please specify weather this occurred in multiplayer or solo play. Example: During the quest "The Fire From The Sky : Slay a Wretched Mother", you cannot kill the Wretched Mother in multiplayer. Environment bugs - Finally, Environment bugs round out the specific types of bugs I need more information about. For Environment bugs, please describe the issue you found and tell me what level area it is located in. The level area is simply the name of the sub-zone you are in and can be found above the minimap. Every location in the game has a level area, and it helps to know this before I start looking. Screenshots are perfect for Environment bugs as well. They will accurately display the issue you are seeing. Screenshots can be taken by pressing Print Screen and can be found in the Screenshots folder in the Documents/Diablo III folder. Uploading a screenshot to an online photo site like Imgur and linking it back to your thread would help me a lot as well. Example - In New Tristram, one of the houses is bright pink. Crashes Crashes are getting their own section because of their complexity. One major way you can help Blizzard out is by filling out the crash box that appears if you crash. Simply write a description of what happened when you crashed. Were you in multiplayer? Again, specifics are key and can really help us narrow down the cause of any bugs you encounter and get them fixed as quickly as possible. Again, welcome to Diablo III!!! Following these guidelines will allow all of us to work together as efficiently as possible. Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!Tsarnis0 May 19, 2015
4m Sound Choppy using crusader blessed hammer As topic says when using blessed hammer the sound is very choppy. Other skills to until blessed hammer stops. Played a thorns build in a week and had no sound error at all, never had a sound error since launch of diablo 3. Same error if another player enter a group and running blessed hammer.Redday14 4m
7m Unhallowed essence set dungeon fails @1 left hello, I have running this dungeon for like 3-4 hours now I failed 7 times with 1 monster left and the skull doesn't display on the map, I even ran the entire dungeon after the times ran out to find its place but till nothing this is 100% bugged and waste of time.Deatho0 7m
20m set item achievement Season 9 Champion I did not get the achievement for "conversion incursion" S9 Champion level after converting the green boots (eight-demon boots set Rainment of 1000 storms) in cube. However the boots converted into boots, I did it a second time and boots again & no achievement. Maybe a bug for conversion to get same item, or to convert and get the same item back again... I don't know how many times it will do it but I'm out of material for now to try a 3rd time. So at this point a possible bug. I'm playing a re-birth female monk if that helps. plvl 300+.Hawkdapus1 20m
23m Elite monsters stuck at 1hp Hello I have experienced this bug around 8-9 times today. Happened 4-5 greater rifts in a row. On the picture linked below, you can see 2 elite packs, stuck at 1hp at the same time.. both unkillable. Picture: http://i65.tinypic.com/ayulg3.jpg Now it doesn't matter much to me in those low tiers, but if i was pushing greater rifts and it happened, i would be pretty pissed.. Please hotfix asap :)SkillsBeyond3 23m
45m My game reseted by itself. i was playing today Demon Hunter lvl 70:paragon 340 i think. now when i want to play again all my characters is gone and the game put me to beggin from scratch. is a bug or what. how i can get back my profile with my progress my items and the time spend on farming etc etc....?iPlay0 45m
55m Unhallowed essence set dungeon fails @ 1 I completed this dungeon twice at ~7:30 pm eastern time with time to spare and 1 monster left. The last two tries I had ~1 minute left to get mastery. Ran through the whole dungeon and got to 1 monster at 20sec or so left. Then the timer expired. I then walked through the whole dungeon and there was no monster left. I also opened the map to see if a skull is left before the timer expired and could not see any.gable8 55m
1h Simplicity's Strength not adding bonus Simplicity's Strength does not seem to add bonus. It no longer shows on character sheet, and it doesn't seem to buff my attacks or heal anymore.PotatoPicker0 1h
1h Barbarian Leap Bug - Character Stuck Barbarian gets stuck in place while spamming the Leap skill. I'm playing hardcore seasonal, and this has happened to me twice so far. I'll get stuck in place upon landing after casting Leap and be unable to attack, move, Leap, or cast Town Portal. The first time this happened (playing the character Cur) was in the Tower of the Cursed in Act 3 on T13, and it just happened again in a GR64 (playing the character Mongrel) - both times with one other player in the party. On both characters I was doing a leapquake/seismic build with full Might of the Earth and In-geom, Lut Socks, and Band of Might in the cube. Leap rune is Death from Above. The first time it happened, my character died because my buddy was too far away to save me and my defensive buffs wore off. The second time it happened my buddy was able to clear the area to keep me alive. I waited for a few minutes just to see if it was some sort of lag issue, but I was never able to get out of that spot. Leaving and rejoining was the only thing that fixed it. Again, this has only happened to me twice this season, and I've been playing since the beginning of the season. I have no idea how to reproduce it, and, as I'm playing on hardcore, I'm not sure I want to know how to reproduce it. :)Oki0 1h
1h Uliana's fps bug? when you equip the 2 piece Uliana's my fps drops from 144 to 60fps im not sure if thats how its coded to do so but I feel thats really weird and its annoyingSinjo0 1h
1h Lost character Hello, I have login to the EU region to play but my character was deleted. I had demon hunter level 33, if i connect to the Americas region i can see my character. i never played on the Americas region before that. why is my character doesn't appear on EU region?TaZMania7 1h
1h Lag Bug - Uliana's Shoulder Piece Female Monk For some strange reason my frame rates drop in half for me and my friends whenever I use Uliana's shoulder piece on my female monk, but not on the male monk. I think it's some sort of rendering bug with how shoulder pieces clips on the female monk. It matter however low I change my graphics settings either, it just cuts down to 30fps.Alex1 1h
2h Deathseer's Cowl invisible on Monk I like the look of Deathseer's Cowl but it isn't showing on my monk character's head. It's visible on other classes' heads but not the male monk.Stormageddon2 2h
2h Uliana's shoulders causing lower fps I have noticed that in 2.4.3, transmogging or equipping uliana's strength (shoulders) causes my frames to drop. I noticed this first after switching up my mog from sunwuko's shoulders to uliana. At first i didn't know what was going on and thought it was some particle effects that was causing it so I dropped down my settings. I'm running an i5-4670k with 24 gigs of ram and an asus 1070 dual oc. It was also happening in pub 4 player games occasionally so avoided doing that for awhile. I then noticed that when i popped epiphany, my frames would go from the 24 that i would get in large crowds back up to the 100~ that i would used to get, at which point i suspected my mog. I went to the mystic and messed around with my pieces until i found out that when i had uliana's either selected or actually transmogged, causing it to appear on my character, my frames would drop from 140 to 50. Changing dyes didn't work, nor did changing other graphical settings so I'm confident that it is something in the shoulders thats causing the bug. For now I will simply not use the shoulder graphic, but i thought i should spread the word in case anyone else suddenly got intermittent drops and are playing with monks or is a monk.Sendokage3 2h
2h Anniversary event Demon Portrait Anniversary event Demon Portrait is glitched or bugged. I have sent photos to blizzard technical support showing I have killed the final three monsters on my list. These monsters will not count on my list. Gorestone lvl 7 , Bloodgutter lvl 6, and Blackstorm lvl 10. Please fix this before the event ends so I can receive my portrait.Thegrinch3220 2h
2h lost barbarian First sorry abaut my poor english My level 47 level barbarian is lost. I am sure i did not delete. How to recall tis characterDRABALUR1 2h
2h Don't know if bug or not. My monk has these equipped http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gloves-of-worship The effect of the ten mins from shrines seems to sporadically work. Sometimes it works for every shrine, other times none at all. It also seems to never work in rifts (but that could be normal, I don't play much so I do not know)Bilesuck1 2h
2h Cache Plans I have done multiple Act Caches and have not receive the Sage lvl 70 plans. idk if this is bugged or im just RNG unlucky.Zelos1 2h
3h Flail of ascendent Pls fix the flailSaToX1 3h
4h Pvp whitch doctor bug If you kill an enemy with Haunt they wont be able to respawn unless they leave the game and re-enter the gameEybay0 4h
4h Two Gamebreaking Wizard Bugs Needs Attention I've created Videos demonstrating the bugs because I really want these fix before the season ends. ... ... Please blizzard do not let these bugs continue through the entire season. These bugs are not your typical bugs these are game breaking to the point that you will find your self getting very frustrated from deaths that are not your fault and in the end people will either just rage quit or get on the forums angry and start posting badly out of anger. I can attest to this, this bug has cost me many 78+ grifts because of deaths that shouldn't have ever happened. The electrocute bug is just as bad because it really hurts your healing/shielding and all DPS related to procs/gems. This is the best Primary Skill for Manald Heal and being that Manald Heal is brand new to the game this bug is a major build breaking bug.Jumpman11 4h
4h Dying in Grift. This has happened couple of times for me this week. After dying in grift it does not give an option to resurrect, only thing that fixes this is relogging, which leads to the Grift closing. Now i am sorry, this picture has been taken with phone's camera, not screenshot ^^' http://imgur.com/a/zK2kgPlatypus0 4h
5h Blood Shard Vendor Items stuck at Level 16 I am playing a Lvl 70, Paragon 10 Crusader Seasonal character, and the Blood Shard vendor has been only offering items for lvl 16 characters almost my entire play through.Easybakeoven2 5h
5h Lost caracter Hello. When I reconnected I lost my character . I hade a lvl37 crusader . Plz helpJumuga2 5h
5h q button has a 1 sec delay why ? there is a 1 sec delay on the q button is this why im dieing so much ? its funny how i hit the q button then i die. why its this i thing blizz wants us to die.. has anyone else noteds this ? you cant say its my net becouse i have 4g. this was happying with d2 as well. fix this bug plz.chaos1 5h
6h 5 extra stashes + 1 = 5 So I already have 5 extra stashes earned from previous seasons. This time in Season 9 I once again earned my extra stash but it is not available to be purchased in the stash. Is this a bug or is it intentional that we can`t have more than 5 extra stashes? In the future by purchasing Necromancer class we won`t get extra 2 stashes with this bug or limitation.DSTAR2 6h
6h Game didnt reward for enchanting a socket Enchanting a stat into a socket is the only quest left on my s9 list I have enchanted a socket twice now and I still did not get creditNinjadave1 6h
7h You cannot change your skills while in combat I was in single player mode, doing a bounty for Diablo in Act 4, Pinnacle of Heaven area. When I tried to change skills, I couldn't. Then I went back to town and tried. Still couldn't. The last enemy fought was in Silver spire level 2, one of those mallet lords. Finally after killing diablo and going back to town, i could change my skills again.bloocow1 7h
7h Goblin portal on death (Vault) - lost loot Me and my friend just met a Menagerist treasure goblin in the frost caverns lvl 1 (Act 3). Said goblin opened a portal on death (yay), which both of us acc clicked. When we got back to the cave NONE of the goblin loot was there! Not only is it frustrating, to say the least, to lose loot from a goblin. But to lose the pet you get from a menagerist goblin is infuriating!Memoria1 7h
7h F Ребят что делать? у меня жуткая задержка игры. Играю на варваре 70лвл в великом портале. Играть не могу почти умер поставил игру на паузу.RamsyBoltan0 7h
7h Invicible monster Hi, Sometimes in rifts (happen in greater rifts too), a monster appears to be invicible and keep hitting you. More than to be invincible you can't click on him and your skills go trhough it. Generally the concerned monsters are summoned or revived by one another.SexitoR2 7h
8h 2 seasonal characters got deleted? I was logging to the D3 this morning and two of my seasonal characters got deleted by the unknown reason?TienTran1 8h
9h Friends list missing Hey guys, I was just sent here from ru support community to let you know that we still experience problems with missing list. So there is no friends on my profile page at http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/Jaguar-2213/friends Support game masters also checked that from their profiles and it does not work for them too.Jaguar0 9h
9h stash deletion My issue is for Diablo 3 on the PS4. It is more confusing than anything and it may not be a bug. Issue is as follows. Hardcore character, paragon 150+ dies. Sad day. But I have multiple hardcore characters so no biggie. Start new character. 66% of my stash has been deleted but not all of it and not just things found by dead character. Also, my horadric cube skills aren't....gone? They're changed. Skills I never put in my cube are now available to me and the ones I put in are now gone. Not sure what to make of this. Thanks.Wulfshield1 9h
10h did not receive the first haedrig’s gift (s9) hello! after finishing chapter 3 in the current season i only received one haedrig’s gift. now i am on chapter 4 already. is this normal? as i understand one is to receive a gift after chapter 2 as well as after 3. i only got shoulders & feet - in other words, the 2nd gift. since i have no other seasonal character (eu, soft core) it has certainly nothing to do with a mix-up involving several characters. it would be terribly nice if someone could fix this quickly. support told me to create a post here - hope this leads to a quick fix since i do wish to continue the journey. the ticket numbers are EU57475415 & US58594655. greetings UPDATE: so far i only played in single player mode (as far as my seasonal character is concerned). i had to do some research about how one claims a gift. i got the mail for the 2nd gift and i got shoulders & feet. it remains uncertain what happened to the first gift (i.e. the mail). it is possible i did not spot it or that it never showed up at all. are gift-mails supposed to be sort of "stock piled"?thrillhouse6 10h
11h You can do this blizz Flail of the ascendend still buggy pls fix it im baggingSaToX0 11h
11h My templar companion can't wear any shields ! Hi, I do maybe a mistake but when i want put a shield in his inventory, the slot is in red with error message. However it's a shield!!! I've try different shield but he can't just wear his start shield. Thank you.GanJay2 11h
11h Charactermove Hello! I started playing Diablo III a few days ago. I have a Wizard. But when i was logging in to my account today my character was gone. I usually play in Europe but my character wasn't there. But i did find her in America. Can you somehow help me get my characters back to Europe? br Fredrik.bENGAAAN1 11h
12h No Haedrig’s Gift After Chapter 2 As the title stated, I didn't receive any Headrig's Gift after completing chapter 2. A mail is supposed to arrive right? Nothing came for me.Zephyranthes6 12h
12h Town Portal bug There is a bug with town portal where if you are immune to crowd control you can still be interrupted.. most often the cause of the interruption is dodge but have seen some cases where people were interrupted with 0% dodge chance.. This is an extremely important issue for hardcore players because it tends to be how we get out of a rift safely if a DPS procs.. Now because of this issue we also are staying away from utilizing skills that provide dodge chance which are hugely beneficial defensively. I will literally not be able to play Innas Palm without this fixed because you have low CD and limited dashes so you absolutely have to be able to port out and I have really been looking forward to playing Innas.. Please Address this issue: this was fixed the day I reported it on PTR.Darth0 12h
14h Sound Sutter in 2.4.3 2.4.3 has been great so far, but I've noticed a stutter with my sound now. It only seems to happen when I'm in combat but it's very distracting. I've tried changing the sound channels but it has no effect. Anyone else have this issue?sobakasu18 14h
15h Flail of the Ascended not working When I use Shield Glare when using Flail of the Ascended no damage is done. I did not have this problem before the patch. Is this a known issue or is there a problem with my end of the game?Trivaz129 15h
15h Heart of Fright graphical error I noticed there are a line of pixels on the side of the heart of terror crafting material when I was dragging it around. Has anyone else noticed it? file:///C:/Users/willi/Documents/Diablo%20III/Screenshots/Screenshot000.jpgHyssa0 15h
15h The Cursed Eternal Shrine Bounty Bug Hello, I have ran into this bug a few times in the past few days of playing and it REALLY sucks. It is tagged with the Cursed Eternal Shrine Bounty and happens in the Ruins of Sescheron map location. It is simply not here and can not be done. Every time that I have encountered this bounty it is no where to be found. I have explored the entire map thoroughly, even tried going into the maps beyond and next to this area to search for it and still nothing. Also, because of the way the bonus bounty moves around, this bug can ruin a bounties focused game very early on. Can you guys please fix this? or at least disable this type of bounty for this location until it is fixed? I am getting sick of doing two or three Acts, then getting this one and getting stuck because of it. ThanksMrMadness22 15h
15h Falling Sword + fatal damage = bug Took fatal damage at the same time I was trying to activate Falling Sword in a GR. Outcome was me dead, screen not set to half-tone (greyed out), and no countdown timer for revive options. Others in GR attempted to resurrect, but no 'accept' window came up. Had to quit game with GR at 97%.Quietus0 15h
16h Hammer Stops Doing Any Damage Just fought the Stoneslinger. As soon as he summoned the first fissure, my hammer stopped doing any damage to him. It seems that once I got my 2x Hammer multiplier from the fissure, that's when the problem started. Not sure what eventually fixed the problem, but it seems that when i eventually landed a Falling Sword on just the boss mob, the issue cleared.Etelen0 16h