Bug Report

Jan 10, 2017 2.4.3 Known Issues List - Updated 1/6/17 Hello everyone, and welcome to Patch 2.4.3! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 2.4.3 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active in the 2.4.3 patch. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance that are under investigation and (in most cases) are expecting a fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III! Console Newly created characters are not receiving Angelic Wings or Infernal Helms on log in Please note: the Angelic Wings will now be found in the Cosmetics section of your Inventory if any characters had them in their Inventory or Stash prior to the patch. Additionally, any Infernal Helms in your Inventory or Stash prior to the patch will still be there General Players with large friends lists may occasionally only see game icons in their chat feed instead of full names when multiple friends come onlineNevalistis1 Jan 10, 2017
May 19, 2015 How to report exploits, hacks, and cheats Greetings Heroes, I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of our forum policies regarding reporting issues involving exploits, hacks, and cheating: According to the Forums Code of Conduct, under NO circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have his/her thread deleted immediately and may be reviewed for a forums suspension. If you would like to report a hack, cheating, or other activity against the Terms of Use, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. If you've discovered an in-game bug that you feel is sensitive in nature and may potentially be used to exploit game mechanics for personal gain, you may also feel free to contact me directly at tsarnis@blizzard.com with a full report of how to reproduce the issue. Thank you for your due diligence with this. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the appropriate channels.Tsarnis0 May 19, 2015
May 19, 2015 How to Write a Good Bug Report Greetings Heroes, Welcome to Diablo III Bug Report Forums! I am very much looking forward to working with all of you to get any bugs that you may find during your travels through Sanctuary reported to our development team. To get started on this forum, please read through this guide as it explains some Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum. My team and I read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, I will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. I will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Please specify which character on your account experienced the issue you are reporting. If you are posting using a different game account (WoW/SC2/etc.) please include your battletag in your post. Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game. Bug Writing Ok, you found a bug, congratulations! But now what? This guide will explain how to accurately write a bug report. When posting a bug, please begin with a one or two sentence Summary that attempts to accurately describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. I understand that the size of the Summary has to be short, but please do your best. Good summary: The tooltip for the Barbarian's Bash skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with smash After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. Where you in multiplayer? Could you reproduce the issue? Specifics are preferred as we need to know as much as possible about the issue. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a much faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III developers. Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Imgur (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, link to a video as well. Types of Bugs Below are some different types of bugs you may encounter in Diablo III. I also have included the specific information I would like for each bug reported of this type. Combat bugs - These are pretty simple. If there is a broken skill in the game, include the name of the skill and the class that uses the skill. Example: The Barbarian's skill Bash does not knock enemies away. Quest bugs - These can be complicated. For quest issues, we request that you include two things: 1. Please include the name of the quest and quest step that you were on when you encountered the bug. The name of the quest is the name that displays at the top of your quest log, while the quest step is the specific instructions for you to complete in the quest. 2. Please specify weather this occurred in multiplayer or solo play. Example: During the quest "The Fire From The Sky : Slay a Wretched Mother", you cannot kill the Wretched Mother in multiplayer. Environment bugs - Finally, Environment bugs round out the specific types of bugs I need more information about. For Environment bugs, please describe the issue you found and tell me what level area it is located in. The level area is simply the name of the sub-zone you are in and can be found above the minimap. Every location in the game has a level area, and it helps to know this before I start looking. Screenshots are perfect for Environment bugs as well. They will accurately display the issue you are seeing. Screenshots can be taken by pressing Print Screen and can be found in the Screenshots folder in the Documents/Diablo III folder. Uploading a screenshot to an online photo site like Imgur and linking it back to your thread would help me a lot as well. Example - In New Tristram, one of the houses is bright pink. Crashes Crashes are getting their own section because of their complexity. One major way you can help Blizzard out is by filling out the crash box that appears if you crash. Simply write a description of what happened when you crashed. Were you in multiplayer? Again, specifics are key and can really help us narrow down the cause of any bugs you encounter and get them fixed as quickly as possible. Again, welcome to Diablo III!!! Following these guidelines will allow all of us to work together as efficiently as possible. Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!Tsarnis0 May 19, 2015
2h [BUG] 2 Player bug videoproof with statistics This is for all the wise guys coming here on the forums telling us there is no bug and for Blizzard, which keeps ignoring this since December last year! Watch the entire 41 minute long video of me joining 49 public games. See how many times I find a 4 man group ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RENPp8X1KuY To avoid joining the same group again I searched for different gamemodes in this order: Bounty, Rift, Greater Rift, *repeat* 16x Bounties: 12x2 Players, 3x3 Players*, 1x4 Players 16x Rifts: 11x2 Players, 0x3 Players , 5x4 Players 16x Greater Rifts: 16x2 Players, 0x3 Players , 0x4 Players Private game opened up @17:30 for public Bounties: 1x2 players 39 of 49 games bugged when not counting 3 man games, that's 80% 42 of 49 games bugged when counting 3 man games, that's 86% * = @39:15 the others stated they joined as 2 man team which explains the last 3 man bounty, In none of the 3 man bounties a 4th player ever joined in the game. Already tested things/rumors that do NOT work: -disabled firewall -router reset (ADSL dynamic IP) -cold pc restart, no standby- or powersaving -scan- and repair via bnet-launcher -switching to other characters -dismissing the templar -creating a private game to open it for public then -deleted d3prefs.txt to reset client configuration -using the 32 bit client instead of 64 bit (video was recorded on 64 bit) -whether you join from the standing-character-screen or game-settings menu does not matter -witch doctor voodoo dances around PC Servers: EU, does not matter, US affected too Character: does not matter, affects all, video recorded on "Grumpy" Level 70 female Condemn Crusader on T13 @Forum White-knights, yes I created a new post for this on purpose! Deal with it!GrumpyMurloc1 2h
2h Enchantress Follower keeps resetting skills Enchantress follower has unlock all skills legendary focus but when I open her inventory it only shows 4 skills unlocked, it only unlocks all again if I unequip and re-equip her focus item. Happens enough to be annoying.oobymach0 2h
2h Overwatch GOTY rewards I didnt get my diablo 3 rewards of the overwatch goty. Dont know what to do.Boufleur0 2h
4h RNG Map Generated A Swastika I wanted to report this privately since it's a pretty sensitive matter. However, since there is no way to do that for D3 I have to report it here. Not sure if it's even classed as a bug but I couldn't figure out where else to post it. Anyhow, Eastern Channel Lvl 1 in adventure mode; the map generated a pretty obvious swastika design as part of the layout - sadly not the Hindu version but the other version that is more infamous. Played this level dozens of times on all 3 servers and this is first time I've seen it do this. I'm not offended - as a grown up I understand that with the logical way the maps are generated any design is possible. But thought I should report this in case it happens to anyone else and they aren't as logically minded. I have a screenshot in case a GM or such needs to see it. Again, apologises if this is in the wrong section of the forum.Nikata1 4h
4h Hope of Cain duping items in stash This happened on the latest Xbox One version (as of 2/22/2018). I'm trying to get some ancient fist weapons from the cube using Hope of Cain. I finally got the fists I was looking for (non-ancient, though) and went to my stash to compare to what I already had and was stunned to find that 2 of the crafted items were 100% identical to items already in my inventory...? Pictures... (Note the green star on the left indicating a new item) https://i.imgur.com/SDQWH3Z.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ojMIk39.jpgflarbear1 4h
4h No 4 player games after latest patch Cant seem to find any 4 player games on any of the games wether it be rifts, grifts or bounties. Or players cant connect to each other.AlterEgo24 4h
5h start game it wont let me start game anyone know whySilentSword3 5h
5h leaderboard clan tags I notice if you clear a gr you can have 2 leaderboard records if you have changed clans. Is this a bug or a feature?Massaker0 5h
5h Unkillable mobs I running into monsters that just won't die. I get them to 1 HP but they won't die no matter how much I nuke them repeatedly. When they can't die, they just stand there. It's impossible to complete bounties and rifts if the game makes them so they can't be killed.Kanchusimi6 5h
6h Can't create game !?!?! I can log into character screen but i cant create a game. ''The game servers for your game mode may be unavailable at this time''. I play solo adventure in private.... Come on Blizz!!!Savvy5 6h
7h Broken Matchmaking - Can't Join Public Games Whenever I attempt to join a game through matchmaking (any difficulty, with any number of people playing in any difficulty) it takes 10 seconds to 30 seconds to find a game, gives up and creates a new game. Before, I would join, it would take 1-3 seconds and then instantly join an open game. The ONLY thing that I did was purchase the Necro. A day or two later the game patched and then this problem seemed to start. Several other people on Looking For Group chat have said they are experiencing the same problem with no resolution.Mazhron19 7h
8h Goblin event: no Insufferable Miscrant pairs? Everything is in the title : why aren't the Insufferable Miscrants concerned by the Double Goblin event currently happening ? Last time this event happened (November 2017), no exception (or restriction whatsoever) was specified regarding this type of Goblin. Is this a new rule for this event ? Thanks for your answer.KveldUlfr3 8h
9h 更新之後的公開.. 更新之後,公開只能雙人?這到底是哪個豬頭的主意><" 這主意真是笨到無可救藥!天殘哭麻衣1 9h
12h Weird floor textures I get this here and there either with the PTR or checked servers. Sometimes the flooring textures like at the vendors at the various map locations appear distorted or not there at all. I think it maybe my nvidia optimizations (geforce software tweaks Diablo for a better imagine.) Usually a restart of the game gets rid of them. My computer or the gpu isn't over clocked and running cool and I update the video drivers regularly.Ozkar0 12h
15h Bug Born's set lock lvl 21 and not 70 Bonjour tout le monde, tout mon set Born's est bloqué au lvl 21 et pas au lvl 70 de plus, je ne peux pas redrop les items du set lvl 70 et j'ai besoin de ces items, aidez moi !TOTO4UN1 15h
17h Public Group Search Fail Since last maintenance, XIII Group public search is pretty bad, 9 of 10 times only 2 players joins. Its been long enough. Fix it.Wheninrome1 17h
21h 4er Grp suche Buggy ? Kann seit dem letzten Update keinen Öffentlichen 4er mehr machen, da ich immer nur zu 1 Spieler komme. Ist aber nur im GR Mode.Bigone0 21h
23h Diablo 3 Servers - Cheating With an extremely fast PC and an extremely fast connection, there is a serious data inconsistency between the Diablo 3 Server and the Diablo 3 Client. This disconnect leads to the following: Dead mobs attacking 2 to 5 seconds after they've died, killing the player. New mobs attacking, killing the player, before they've appeared on screen. The game needs to process everything on the Client, so that nothing is out of sync. Making everything be processed on the server makes the game unplayable at higher levels where the difference between life and death is determined in hundredths or thousandths of a second.Battleskarge1 23h
1d Error 317002 Hi! It happened 5 minutes ago. I've tried to start a game with any hero on my list, there's always the same error. I don't have updates to do, I've already deleted the cash and tried to repair the game, without solutions. Is it temporary?Fupp18 1d
1d error 317002 I keep getting error 317002 when trying to enter any game on any character. I have also tried to repair install and no luck. Haven't played d3 in a while and was pumped to play some...can i get a blue post on what the current issue is and when it will be resolved?DrowsY0 1d
1d Item Picture Had this happen a few times. Looks like the texture just unwrapped. https://imgur.com/a/RzTeLTweep3 1d
1d Game mode problem I am unable to create a gam with my "current game mode error" . I have updated my client and yet I cant start a game.Pwner1 1d
1d Code 317002 server trouble When clic Play, said message server trouble and the code 317002 ...Driad0 1d
1d Código 317002 No se puede iniciar la partida, dice que los servidores no están disponibles, arroja el código 317002felipe0 1d
1d Bag Hello again you have a problem with two players on errands in DiabloRus87Artem0 1d
1d After Patch 2018.02.20 i can´t play greater Rift´s, normal Rift´s are possible. Everytime i start a greater Rift, the game frozze in the first secound - End there is no mather between solo or Group Play, it frozze all the time! sry 4 my bad englishRekodai1 1d
1d Some Hordes I can't recive achievement "Some hordes" long time. I think this achievement have a bug, please fix itAlexarian3 1d
1d Multiplayer Bounties HI! Multiplayer Bounties teams you up with only one other player... and it doesn´t matter how many times i try... Please fix this asap... /MarkusMrCrown10 1d
1d Profile paragon lvl discrepancy I was asked by Game Master Rhikalos to post this as a bug. He stated in his response today: "Hiya FX, Game Master Rhikalos here! I appreciate you taking the time to seek me out and I thank you for your patience. I understand that you were having a bit of trouble on how your online profile for D3 was displaying your progress and I'd love to make sure we can get any issues with this sorted out. ^_^ Checking in on how things were looking including my own profile I have noticed some numbers that might not quite add up and that it may not be displaying your overall progression on all characters. I don't know if this intended or will properly adjust once Season 13 goes live but just case this is a bug you will want to go ahead and report this here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/5386229/index For now I hope you have a good rest of your day but if you do have anything else that comes up don't hesitate to seek us out again!" My experience: After logging into blizzard.com, selecting Diablo 3 and selecting my profile, the account shows all my seasonal characters and shows that the paragon level doesn't match my current level of 709 vs 525 when season 12 ended. I only started playing Diablo 3 the beginning of January 2018 and created only seasonal characters. I understand that season 13 starts this Friday and wondered if the profile will only represent seasonal progression or shouldn't it show both seasonal and non-seasonal progression? I thought that all seasonal characters are switched back to non-seasonal once a season ends. Thanks, FXFrungix2 1d
1d Poor Text Format Creating a necromancer, and the text doesn't quite fit the screen properly. 1440 Res. https://i.imgur.com/kgjsts0.jpgJakeJigsaw2 1d
1d offset bug Hi, after latest patch Diablo Shop - Overseer Lady Josephine offset bug. https://imgur.com/a/rHAaiNihlathak1 1d
1d Patch/Update stuck I have my Battlenet Client setup to automatically update, and load future patches. However, for what ever reason today the Diablo 3 patch/Update was stuck with the remaining at 1.30 MB remaining @0 B/s. It had been at this point for about 3 hours, before it finally finished. This is a reoccurring issue, and is not isolated to this game. This has happened to the Updates for Wow, Diablo 3, and SC2. I have followed all the trouble shooting tips and directions (Cleaned out the cache, reinstalled the client, etc etc) but this keeps happening every week since the beginning of January. Is there a permanent solution to this bug/problem? (Sorry if this is in the wrong forum)SUASPONTE1 1d
1d treasure chest I have bought diablo 3 deluxe ver. you get one treasure chest with it and can buy 3 tab for a total of 5 tabs. I as so bought and extra treasure chest when the auction house was around I think it cost 1 mil for the treasure chest and bought 4 tabs with it that gave me 2 treasure chest. then I bought deluxe ver. reaper of souls that came with a extra treasure chest and 3 tab bought one extra tab and beat a lvl hell some thing to get one extra tab a total of 5 tabs so now I have 3 treasure chest with all tabs to them. then I bought necromancer which come with a treasure chest which I should now have 4 of them buy only have 2 of them." I did get all of my stuff from my lost treasure chest" since I bought them with the game please restore them fix it or refund me something as I paid cash money for 3 of them and one with gold at the time of auction house which I paid money from there to buy gold for the treasure chest tks samuel hidalgosdevour2 1d
1d Mobs not appearing dead Some mobs don't appear dead after I kill them, They still have the glowing animation and just stand thereWalker123t0 1d
1d can not report bug from in game p.s. I can not report bug in game no tab for it ???????????????sdevour1 1d
1d Is The Crystal Prison currently bugged? Is The Crystal Prison currently bugged? I ask because it's part of the last achievement I have to do in that section (I have seen all the ultra-rare Act I-V events multiple times) and I've farmed Pandemonium Fortress Level 2 hundreds of times, and have never seen it. I have also reloaded the Adventure Bounty maps probably as many times and have yet to see it show up. What I have seen is the Ancient Prison, which follows a similar format, and I'm wondering if Blizzard replaced the AP with the CP and never updated the Achievement. P.S. I have found the CP before, way back when, but I'm referring to a recent Seasonal Character (12) and a total inability to get that Event for the Achievement recently.TheVinman0 1d
1d Ancient Waterways Crashing.... I had a problem with Desolate Sands crashing, zone in and just hung there , could hear everything but couldn't move, now I have not changed anything on my computer and now I can zone in and run around kill mobs no problem at all , so I am guessing Blizzard has fixed the issue even if they say it was on our side =P Now my new problem is the game locks up in the Ancient Waterways, I can run and kill mobs get the zone almost cleared then BAM lock up just as I was killing snakes not sure why it locks up at that point. It has happened 3 times so far and getting frustrating =( I can't even close the game and when I alt + tab out can't get to desktop , I have to hit windows key to shut down any programs to restart computer. So now with new patch I have this problem and guessing 2 more years will go by before it is fixed =) (hoping not but been there done that with the Desolate Sands) =PAngel1 1d
1d Death Breath Hi ! From time to time elits don´t drop death breath, other loot drop. This don´t happen often, but it happens. Same with Vidian. Bug or "micro" latency ? Since it happens so randomly, recreating this is impossible for me. Your´s Humiz Edit: I play on EU servers and playing season 12Humiz3 1d
1d D2 banned from the realm Please, I have D2 and D3 , and just now I was Baned or restricted to connect to battle net and I can't play the game. I have payed and I play legal on internet. What the hell happend.. Please solve this.. FitchThePitchFicThePeach9 1d
1d Weapon disappeared Yesterday, I got a Ancient Vengeful Wind with Increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind by 7. It was equipped on my Monk and I went to the wardrobe to change set. After I change my set the weapon disappeared. It is not in my bag or stash. What happened to my Ancient weapon?Rickard0 1d
1d Achievements Bug I have problems with the achievements of the Cooperative-> Act 5-> Alteration of order->: Do not mark me "The war that time forgot" and "The trap of time" being that I have done it at least 3 times each. I need help please, my battletag is Ripper#1540, Server America.Ripper5 1d
2d Unkillable opressor bug in 2017 This old bug prevent you from completing bounties in act 4. For example there would be a quest to kill all remaining enemies after "Cursed Shrines" bounty and there is a little chance one of the opressors will fall down and playing stun state animation, triggering total immortality to every player and pets attack. He won't move, he won't do anything, infinite stun and immortality. Seocnd example is another bounty to kill unique mob "Torchlighter", obviously he is opressor as well and there is a little chance he will fall into that too. That happend several times since i last reported it.viske2 2d
2d Grandmaster Achievement Not Awarded I just killed Malthael on my Monk (Cadrach). I was awarded the "Must Be The Feeling" achievement for completing Act V. As I scrolled down the Monk class achievement list, I noticed that I had not been awarded the "Grandmaster" achievement for completing Act IV.Pythlyt2 2d
2d am i doing something wrong or ... bug ? don't know how many people have asked this but 2018 is the year i star playing Diablo 3 cause of the necromancer pack , long way since the last game for me was Diablo 2 . What happen is I'm exploring every single corner in every single dungeon of every single zone , and some of them doesn't show as explored so I don't unlock the achievementRoBE2 2d
2d Goblin bug - 2x goblin buff The goblin called "insufferable miscreant" doesn't spawn in pair. I've encountered him like 3 times at least, each time there was only one while the event buff should have made them spawn as a pair. All the other goblins spawn right - as a pair.Andurin3 2d
2d Primals Not Dropping It has been over 2 weeks, thousands of legendarys and hundred Ancients, And I haven't gotten 1 primal. Last primal I got I was in 800 paragon, now I'm 1100 and not getting any primals. I have a friend I play with and he gets a primal just about every day, and only plays about 30 min to an hour at mostBlazzëd2 2d
2d Keine Beute in der Herausforderung Keine Belohnung in der Herausforderung, weder einzeln noch in der Gruppe. gefordert sind 5:57 und gemacht hab ich sie, einzeln in 5:10 sowie 4:57 in der Gruppe. Bekommen hab ich dafür nichts, ansprechen konnte ich die Nette Dame. Eine Truhe wollte sie mir aber nicht geben.RaSch1 2d