Hardcore

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
Nov 26 Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ1056 Nov 26
Aug 20 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx74 Aug 20
Aug 20 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid163 Aug 20
Jul 17, 2016 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller85 Jul 17, 2016
4m Panther Claws XMog Anyone have this? Anyone willing to share? Anyone know if the chest always spawns by the entrance to the hut like the map I found on google says even tho in the video by Quinn69, he clearly wasn't buy the hut Anyone know if torment level affects spawn rate of chest? /edit Just found them!!!! No where near hut, found in TX..Boxxerz1 4m
2h Dumb deaths? (your own fault) What dumb deaths have you had in HC that are completely your fault? I believe it was season 12 I was playing DH and I was really into pushing boards early in the season. I cleared a GR 97 with impale before taking a break for like 3ish weeks. I came back and augmented 2 gems off my farming DH onto my impale DH (was sick of lvling gems) for one try at GR 98. Well.... that was all fine but instead of practicing a bit I literally augmented both gems then instantly jumped into GR 98 after not playing for close to a month. It.... did not go well. Sadly, I had the damage to do the 98 too :( but I proc'd and instead of leaving rift I decided to stay got into a fight I shouldn't have and died :(. All that gear lost due to just being impatient. Last season I lost 2 crusaders back to back days first week of season. Literally... from nothing more than thinking I was invincible with double death passives and just running into elites with 1 passive down and forgetting to hit Arrkan champ or w/e to keep 2nd passive up...… The first death was bad enough but then literally spent all next day getting my gear back and then within first like hour of being able to farm with condem crusader I died again...…. Was forced to try and farm with hammer sader after that! lol. Was brutal. Didn't die again rest of season though! haha. Learned my lesson.Dukus8 2h
1d Blizzrd killing off HC characters Blizzard servers killing off HC characters, Blizzard servers dropping clients and killing off HC characters, game clients being dropped and characters left in game to be slaughtered, what a waste of my time been playing Diablo franchise for 20 years and this is the last straw wasting countless hours to be killed by blizzards obviously outdated equipment or lack of maintenance,Teufelhundun46 1d
3d Looking for 2 people season 16 opening night We need a necromancer and a barbarian. The general concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVGN51TgVX0 On softcore, it can get you to 70 in about an hour, with practice. Last season, having to group up with newer players, we got to 70 in about 2 hours, give or take, from the season start on both Europe and Americas. (There were some issues, such as not getting a level 70 weapon, and one person each time not getting a legendary from Kadala, and not getting everyone together to be able to practice as a real group). I won't say we were first, as we weren't, but there were only about 20 players on all the leaderboards, HC + SC combined by the time I completed the first four chapters. Now, this process also is viable for HC, with a few slight changes, but requires a monk + barb for defense buffs. Have a monk, but no barb, and missing a necro. (I could always switch to a barb and would need two necros, but barb's the one class I really have no clue about how to play.) And it requires a little practice ahead of time.BehindTimes0 3d
6d diablo immortal hardcore? will there be a hardcore mode for dimmo?Lasagna15 6d
6d Please help identify key HC builds Like most people, I have a lot of post-season mail. I'm trying to be really ruthless with my salvaging, but I'm afraid of destroying items important for the builds I need. So basically, I need to identify which builds are key (just for the 4 classes I've played in HC), what their HC variations are, and thence which items to keep. I'm thinking, I want to keep two sets per class, with a backup of all items for their bounty, rift and Greater rift variations. Then, apart from some key items (Nems, F+R, LoN stuff), I can scrap everything else. Here's my initial list. Please post links (if possible) or just the names of the builds you think I should be keeping for HC. Demon Hunter: UE Multishot for farming; Shadow Impale for pushing; Chakram Marauder for tanking. Witch Doctor: Helltooth Gargantuan for pushing, Helltooth Chicken for farming???, plus something else? Wizard: Tal Vyr?, what else? Crusader: Thorns Akkhan?, what else? As you can see, I'm a bit lost. I find it hard to tell which builds on diablofans are actually good (esp. for HC), and I don't trust that Icy-Veins caters to HC at all. Please help!Starlite13 6d
6d Need Frands Hey guys, getting back into D3 for a bit to try the Necromancer out. Only problem is none of my "friends" play anymore... If you are an active player and looking for someone to run with hit me up Swisha#1734Swisha5 6d
6d ISO friends ps4 hcl Just about to hit level 70, looking for people to play with on ps4.babyd1 6d
Dec 1 need 70 help need 70, pls lvl me i died last night add, on nowJuzamDjinn0 Dec 1
Nov 29 is this the season? IS THIS THE SEASON? [s16] to start playing SC? *serious question* - HC has been less and less active - weeks into new seasons is a barren wasteland :( any hc regulars thinking of playing sc this season? or has anyone made the switch?Gravity10 Nov 29
Nov 28 Hardcore, impossible to play... I just lost my second hardcore hero for error 1016. Impossible to play while this company does not solve its server problems. It's no use coming to ask this or that because it's no use, the problem is yours, and how can not solve it, and easier to blame on a video drive, network, or a problem from my internet provider. It turns out that several friends of my class and who are on my list of friends, have the same problem. While this game continues in this "open beta" it is impossible to play either in Hc or soft. Then do not know why they are losing players, if at least these errors were solved, I would not mind the lack of new content, just let us play, simple.Mazo11 Nov 28
Nov 26 Pay respects - F Fkgoblin16 Nov 26
Nov 26 15 Second HeartBeat Hi - Got DC (I know that is life) and lost my Wizard. I was in a 2 player GR90. The zBarb kept me alive for as long as possible, they told me I died after about 55 seconds. Why can't Blizzard build in a heartbeat so that if it doesn't get a response after a period you are disconnected. This heartbeat obviously has to be more than the 10 second exit timer. I would be happy with 15 seconds. If there is already this built into the system then 55 seconds is just too long!Jamie2 Nov 26
Nov 26 Best Legendary Gems & Gear for DH UE on HC I am currently playing a Demon Hunter on HC. Moved to HC for more of a challenge. I have dies a few times, not doing to bad so far, but i am rethinking my choice of legendary gems and gear for survivabilty. My current character that i am playing is on season hc.Foxfire2 Nov 26
Nov 22 boost How the boost works now? and how long it takes to reach lv 70? im back from long break and boost would be nice. =)Piku4 Nov 22
Nov 21 Need help with my WW barb I've came back recently and decided to try barb, which I haven't touched since D3 came out. I am kind of hitting a wall right now. I got solo GR to 66, but I want to hit, at least, 70. My damage is more than keeping up but I am playing with fire as far as health is concerned. I am thinking of switching IAS on my weapons to VIT, do you think that is the best way to increase my survivability? Any recommendations? Full disclaimer, I don't fully understand all synergies between AS, CDR and Zodiac ring. I got 36.65% CDR and can pretty much upkeep Ignore pain 100% of the time and WotB 90%+ as long as there is something to hit. I've been picking up AD just because I see other barbs on the ladder using it, but again, I don't know why or how effective this is. Can someone more experienced help fine tune my barb before I get myself killed pushing GRs I am not ready for? Thanks for any advice!Dirty7 Nov 21
Nov 20 Conquest: Grift 45 Without Set Items Anyone get this yet? What's the best character to go for?Affiliated20 Nov 20
Nov 20 Lost HC character to internet drop - Solution Hi, Recently just got back into Diablo 3 again, and choose to play hardcore mode. I'm not the only individual to post about having lost their character to legitimate cause such as lag or in my case internet dropping out. Unfortunately my character was lost to a legitimate reason, can anything be done about this? Like an in game pause when the server detects no signal between client and server? At least giving one the opportunity to continue in the situation they were in? Because it rather seems unfair for no work around to be available for this particular scenario, as I’ve invested 50 hours into my hardcore character and took no chances, all ways playing it safe, e.g. staying always above 80% health and escaping. Yet this all became undone to a circumstance completely out of my control. What are other player’s opinion about this matter? My internet is rather stable and barely has any issues yet this has happened to me. Could some sort of simple fix or solution be applied, that people couldn’t abuse and would solve a random disconnect? Regards, AmpzorAmpzor33 Nov 20
Nov 20 Hardcore on the Switch Hey all, been looking for others to play hardcore with on the Switch. Currently running a paragon 140 Barb that can solo T8 comfortably. I actually can’t even find anyone playing hardcore when I try to play online. Thoughts?AlleyCat0 Nov 20
Nov 19 I had fun in season 15 I honestly had fun this season. Haven't played in roughly a month besides doing challenge rifts once in awhile but played about first month of season and had a lot of fun. I tried sader this season after making one in multiple seasons and then hardly playing it. I gotta say... I actually do enjoy Condem Crusader. Hell... I even made a Wiz this season when I told myself I would never make one again. Sadly... still find them boring but at least I tried it again lol. Had a lot of fun just chilling with clan also. Idk... just felt like an old vet for some reason. I think its because a lot of players in our clan are newer so they all excited trying different builds, pushing, etc. Just kind of had fun being around that environment and remembering that feeling. Finally decided I should probably do at least some GR 90s so I didn't look like a total noob. Wasn't much but at least it something I guess. I know there won't be much for changes but... meh I am still excited for season 16 whenever it is lol. Just wish we had news regarding a future diablo pc title and then I would even be more excited about it. Hope all is well HC fam.Dukus2 Nov 19
Nov 17 Missing Kanai's Cube in Hardcore I've gone through several heros trying to work a hardcore this season. I've finally into Paragon 12 and almost to the end of Act V. In Act III the Ruins of Sescheron for Kanai's Cube NEVER showed up. I did complete Kulle, but he disappeared. Did I miss something? Is this the way hardcore is set up? I don't dare try to go back for it since it would delete all my quest progress to my current point (I've tried previously). How Do I get it?drkenrich1 Nov 17
Nov 14 HC death and 2 questions I lost my DH and I am not sure if I am going to start over this season, but i have 2 questions. 1) I broke the primal barrier with my deceased char - will any new characters made this season have to redo the 70+ grift to obtain primals? 2) If i don't create another HC char, will my items still mail over at season end. Its been years since I have played HC and I don't believe primals were in the game at that time. Thanks in advanceSoretooth2 Nov 14
Nov 14 New to HC, class/build suggestions? Fresh new to HC, what class/build to go with? (SOLO) I have played some about till the release of ROS then I quitted till now I felt that I want to come back. I want to play Hc, but I wonder, what's a solid class/build to start with? as mentioned top, I will ONLY play solo. Thanks.MadSpanker9 Nov 14
Nov 13 So you think you can Whirl? (Season 15) Class: Barbarian (Hardcore) Paragon: 1141 Strength: 11.1k Greater Rift: 91 Solo Rank: 92 Damage: 1.4kk Toughness: 33.3kk Recovery: 1.9kk Skills... Battle Rage (Bloodshed) Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss) Overpower (Crushing Advance) Threatening Shout (Demoralize) Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant) Passives... Ruthless Nerves of Steel Superstition Unforgiving (Optional) Boon of Bul-Kathos Kanai's Cube... The Furnace Mantle of Channeling Skull Grasp Follower (Enchantress)... Charm Powered Armor Erosion Focused Mind Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (6) - Diamonds Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) - Emeralds Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Convention of Elements Hellfire Amulet Nemesis Bracers Gems... Bane of the Stricken (Rank 50) Pain Enhancer (Rank 95) Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 50) Details... Critical Hit Chance: 49.5% Critical Hit Damage: 501% Area Damage: 62% Cooldown Reduction: 54.3% Physical Damage Increase: 37% Whirlwind Damage Increase: 30% Armor: 85.54% Resistance: 76.43% Maximum Life: 910k Life per Second: 17.2k Life per Hit: 30.6k Life per Kill: 10.6k Health Globe: 37k Pickup Radius: 3 Maximum Fury: 125 Fury Regeneration/Second: 17 Fury Cost Reduction: 10% Movement Speed: 25% Notes: Didn't die from disconnection this time. Only need 3 more Ancient items. Augment gear with Rank 70 gems. Sometimes have to watch out for Striding Giant to keep active. Pretty safe build. Some Life per Hit on gear helps.Sherwin8 Nov 13
Nov 8 So you think you can Boost? (Season 15) Season: 15 Difficulty: Torment 6 Class: Barbarian (Hardcore) Build: Whirlwind (Hurricane) Booster Paragon: 1077 Skills... Battle Rage (Ferocity) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Overpower (Killing Spree) War Cry (Veteran's Warning) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Passives... Pound of Flesh Ruthless Nerves of Steel Boon of Bul-Kathos Rampage Kanai's Cube... In-geom Chilanik's Chain Skull Grasp Legendary Gems... Boon of the Hoarder (Rank 50) Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 50) Pain Ehancer (Rank 80) Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (6) - Diamonds/Rubies Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) - Emeralds/Gem of Ease Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Avarice Band Hellfire Amulet Nemesis Bracers Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid Details... Strength: 8710 Vitality: 3971 Damage: 520k Toughness: 16.4kk Recover: 1.2kk Offense... Critical Hit Chance: 49% (70% Buffed) Critical Hit Damage: 230% Area Damage: 94% Cooldown Reduction: 53% Lightning Damage Increase: 40% (Optional) Whirlwind Damage Increase: 15% (Optional) Defense... Armor: 83% Resistance: 77% Life... Maximum Life: 600k Life per Second: 17k Life per Hit: 26k Life per Kill: 8k Pickup Radius: 8 Resource... Fury Regeneration/Second: 15 Fury Cost Reduction: 10% Adventure... Movement Speed: 25% Current HC Power Leveling Message: Sherwin's Hurricane Booster ready to Powerlevel in T6 Rifts ~ Australian Barbarian Boost Count = 106 (Season 15) ~ Room for 3 Greater Rift 70 Build (4 Minutes): Swap Avarice Band for Convention of Elements Swap Boon of the Hoarder for Bane of the Stricken Swap Gem of Ease for Flawless Royal Emerald Swap In-geom for The Furnace in Kanai's Cube Swap Chilanik's Chain for Mantle of Channeling in Kanai's Cube Swap Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) for Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant) Swap Pound of Flesh for Berserker Rage Swap War Cry (Veteran's Warning) for Threatening Shout (Demoralize) Swap Overpower (Killing Spree) for Overpower (Crushing Advance) Swap Ignore Pain (Bravado) for Ignore Pain (Ignorancece is Bliss) Swap Whirlwind (Hurricane) for Whirlwind (Wind Shear) Swap Battle Rage (Swords to Ploughshares) for Battle Rage (Bloodhsed) if using Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) Swap Lightning Damage Increase for Physical Damage Increase Self Boost in Torment 6: Gem of Ease (Rank 25+) on a Level 70 weapon. The Gavel of Judgment, Bracers of the First Men, and Band of Might in Kanai's Cube. Hammer of the Ancients as Main Skill. Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) and Ground Stomp/Leap to keep Band of Might active. Craft a Hellfire Ring and Amulet. Craft Born's Defiance and Cain's Fate set. Add Ruby in Helm. Other Notes: Just the basics to get things rolling without any Augments. Recommend Paragon 800+ to start experimenting with skills, gear/enchanting, stats, and difficulty. We can use Whirlwind without Weapons Master, but Bul-Kathos's Oath takes a few seconds to refill Fury after casting Battle Rage. Constantly having to use War Cry or Threatening Shout. Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant) is active 99% of the time. Watch out for the few seconds when vulnerable. Good luck and have fun!Sherwin2 Nov 8
Nov 8 So you think you can zBarb? (Season 15) Season: 15 Paragon: 727 Class: Barbarian Mode: Hardcore Status: Guardian Skills... Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Mob Rule) Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) War Cry (Veteran's Warning) Sprint (Forced March) Passives... Nerves of Steel Weapons Master Inspiring Presence Relentless Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (4) - Diamonds Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) - Amethysts Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Mantle of Channeling Leoric's Crown - Diamond The Ess of Johan Oculus Ring Nemesis Bracers Cube... In-geom Chilanik's Chain Band of Might Gems... Gogok of Swiftness Gem of Efficacious Toxin Iceblink Notes: Cooldown Reduction is at 61.43%. More than 1 million maximum life. Pickup Radius is a bonus. Furious Charge for mobility. Ground Stomp for combat. Keep Ignore Pain active all the time on other group members. Keep Sprint going for group most of the time. Usually cast Ignore Pain, Sprint and then War Cry. Need to stop Whirlwind every time we either use Ground Stomp or Furious Charge. Reached GR85 in group as a zBarb. Other Notes: Completed Season 15 journey (Guardian status) with more than 30 hours of game time. Can solo GR80+ with Whirlwind build without any Augments. Also started boosting other players and counting.Sherwin2 Nov 8
Nov 7 public games where is all games? i can't find eny public games. im back from long breakPiku3 Nov 7
Nov 5 Why there is no one on playstation? After I returned to diablo 3 again to ruin my life I Just decided to have a go on playstation to be able to play offline. I have no idea on pc but on ps there is at most 100-150 active players on ps. I lost many wizards but finally got one to reach to level 70. Currently soloing safely on t4 with tal rashas till I get two pieces of firebirdy. There is no lagging as I play offline. But for online many May know we have to pay sony monthly subscription which I never do :) Do you think Will there be any improvement on consoles or diablo Will go on as A pc dominant game.?Atraphoenix4 Nov 5
Nov 5 Starting a HC/Seasonal toon Hello, I haven't played this much in the past 4 years but I was going to start again. Would anyone like to run new toons to level 70 and gear up and do Greater Rifts? Hit me up in game AzClockwork#1839AzClockwork0 Nov 5
Nov 5 Starting a hc character Anyone wanna join me ? Let me knowNavybluefish2 Nov 5
Nov 4 Power Cube, gloves of worship not working. Just wondering have I done something wrong for gloves of worship buff to not be working? They say 10min shrine buffs but they were only lasting 30seconds or so.Shampsie3 Nov 4
Nov 4 Need Conqueror Help! HC Seasonal Crusader (Paragon 645) here. How can I sync up with some other players to get/provide help with conqueror tasks? I need to kill Malthael in 90 seconds and I just don't have the single target DPS to do it fast enough... not even close. Any groups, communities, other forums?Eredani3 Nov 4
Nov 3 AFK death - really?! I went AFK on pause while in a GR, and took longer than intended to return. When I came back, my text box reads: " MtnNinja has engaged a Spine Lasher! You are now Away: AFK [MtnNinja]'s Hardcore Barbarian, Stormlord, has died at Level 70 after 62 Hours 29 Minutes of battle. His deeds of valor will be remembered. You are no longer Away. " How exactly does that add up?MtnNinja3 Nov 3
Nov 2 Hard to find non-seasonal HC players I took an early dirt nap this season and ran back to non-seasonal with my tail between my legs. Since then I've been improving the gear of some older characters, and just generally enjoying having paragon levels. But it's hard to find people to play with to share bounty runs and GR runs. If you're playing non-seasonal HC and are looking for someone, add me. I'm happy to powerlevel and help gear if need be.Coriolanus6 Nov 2
Oct 31 Console to PC Good day, slayers of hellspawn. I played D3 on console for a long time and recently got a new gaming laptop so I want to switch back to PC (144fps > 60fps...) I want to do something different by switching to HC, freshen things up a bit. I got so burnt out on SC. It just wasn't "exciting" anymore. I hope these are not considered stupid questions but.... 1) Is there a larger community on PC than console? I know on console, many times, I will look for a game and find nothing. Especially playing HC, I'm hoping to find people *frown* 2) This whole "extra tab" things I read about for seasonal characters. This isn't even a thing for console, so I'm trying to understand. I get how you get it but what happens to the tab at the end of the season? I assume it rolls into your non-seasonal stash? If so, is there a "finite" amount tabs you can have? 3) Is cheating as bad as it is on console? I saw plenty of paragon 10000 people and it just ruins the fun when they come into your game and lay waste to everything.Mattelot5 Oct 31
Oct 30 A script that beeps when your latency spikes To be honest, I wish there was a built-in function or a more elegant solution for preventing lag-related deaths, but here is what I am currently using to help me realize when my latency spikes. When you play D3, you can run the script and it will bring up a small black window that runs in the background and will beep if your latency spikes. This script only works in Windows 7 or above. This script is not for you if: You don't know what Powershell is or how to use it. You have any reservations about elevating the execution policy of Powershell. You don't know the implications of elevating the execution policy of Powershell. You can't read through the code in this post and understand exactly what it does. You have ANY trouble whatsoever in following the instructions below. Steps 1-6 only need to be performed once 1. Locate PowerShell. The easiest way to do this is to press "Start" and simply search for "PowerShell". Do not click it yet. On windows 7, it is located here: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0" 2. Run PowerShell as Administrator. Right click PowerShell in the start menu and select "Open File Location" in the window that pops up, right click the "powershell" icon, and select "Run as Administrator" A black window should appear. If it is blue, you did it wrong. 3. Set the execution policy to "Remote Signed" Type or paste the following string into the window without the quotes: "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned" 4. Close the PowerShell window 5. Save the script. Open Notepad and paste in the code contents of this post. Save file as "Ping.ps1" You probably need to have file extensions enabled to do this. Look it up. (control panel/folder options) 6. If any part of this was difficult or unfamiliar to you, please stop now and reset your PoweShell execution policy. Instructions are down below. 7. Right click this script file, and select "Run with PowerShell" write-Host "" write-Host "" write-Host "This script will measure your ping times to Google" write-Host "in an effort to detect when you have general ISP latency" Start-Sleep -s 10 write-Host "" write-Host "If your ping time is greater than 200 ms," write-Host "you should hear a beep like the following:" Start-Sleep -s 10 write-Host "" write-Host " *Beep* " -foregroundcolor Yellow -backgroundcolor Red [System.Media.SystemSounds]::Hand.Play(); Start-Sleep -s 5 write-Host "" write-Host "If you did not hear a beep, check your 'System Sounds' settings" write-Host "and re-launch the script to be sure you can hear the beep" Start-Sleep -s 5 write-Host "" write-Host "" write-Host "To exit, press Ctrl+C, or simply close this window" write-Host "" write-Host "" while($true) { $Ping = "8.8.8.8" $Connection = (Test-Connection -ComputerName $Ping | measure-Object -Property ResponseTime -Maximum).Maximum $ResponseTime = ($Connection -as [int] ) if($ResponseTime -gt 200) { [System.Media.SystemSounds]::Hand.Play(); write-Host "Response time for Google is $ResponseTime ms" -foregroundcolor Yellow -backgroundcolor Red } else { write-Host "Response time for Google is $ResponseTime ms" } } Instructions to reset your PowerShell execution policy: (in case you got half-way though and changed your mind) 1. Locate PowerShell. The easiest way to do this is to press the "Start" button and simply search for "PowerShell". Do not click it yet. On windows 7, it is located here: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0" 2. Run PowerShell as Administrator. Right click PowerShell in the start menu and select "Open File Location" in the window that pops up, right click the "powershell" icon, and select "Run as Administrator" A black window should appear. If it is blue, you did it wrong. 3. Set the execution policy to "Restricted" Type or paste the following string into the window without the quotes: "Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted" 4. Close the PowerShell windowVitaKaninen17 Oct 30
Oct 29 POE HC is a better HC model Just something to think about. /peacewahskcirt29 Oct 29
Oct 27 Diablo 3 stream on facebook I currently have a diablo 3 stream running on my facebook page with a link to this diablo 3 website. The facebook page name is YaphetS diablo 3.Naz0 Oct 27
Oct 25 HC WW Barb, I need your help ! Hey guys, Its been a few years since the last time I posted here, my friend persuaded me to come back to Diablo to try out HC, it should be fun he said. And it is. I went for this build: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/79501-whirlwind-t13-speed-king and let me tell you this, the biggest power spikes were once I got the full Wastes and then after I dropped my BK swords, after that I breezed through everything and my friend hated me for being so fast too. But once I hit GR60 I am afraid to go further as my dmg is no longer that high and my tankiness also isnt as it used to be. I mean I can tank almost anything with Ignore pain but I dont have a 100% uptime .. Then I realized I have to change this build a little so I can go higher GRs right? I have to sacrifice the speed of this build for more tankiness / damage and I looked a lot of barbs online or this forum but none of those builds is considering Hardcore mode and the fact that one of my passive slot has to be mandatory Nerves of steel There are many ways to approach this and I am not sure how. Should I sacrifice Sprint for WOTB and put some CDR on items? I tried Zodiac and it wasnt really helping the CD and uptime. And If I do go for CDR I must sacrifice Vita which takes my RAW toughness without ignore pain so I am not really sure what to do here. One thing is for sure, I dont want to go for Charge or Hota build so dont suggest that, also dont suggest those other two set swords (dont know their name) I want to keep the BK WW build and be able to Solo GR70-80 on Harcdore without worrying about dying. I am open to suggestions, THANKS A TON ! EDIT: also to add, I can only reach maximum furty 100% uptime if I go war cry fury generation talent or hexing pants in cube, both reduces my toughness cause I have to sacrifice either Aquila or some other runeBlade20 Oct 25
Oct 25 Can we only have one of each cube power? Can we only have one of each cube power? eg, 1Wepon, 1armor, 1ring active at a time? Or can i extract other armor powers in addition to the one from gloves that I just did. Thanks.Shampsie2 Oct 25
Oct 22 Hardcore hero dead after server disconnection Seriously? Just like in the title, i was doing nephalem rift T13, my build is much stronger than this rift needs (i make GR71 melting it), end of the rift, about the guardian to appear, server disconnection like many times before. But i log in back and my hardcore hero is dead? How is this possible? Its a known issue that their servers are so bad, such a big company, such a popular game and such bad servers, disconnecting all the time. But seriously when it comes to hardcore heroes, and really many hours of playing (i did 170 in that character), it cant be all wasted because of their server issues. Its not my fault that their servers are so bad. I dont understand this, when the connection is lost, the game is gone, how is this possible that i log in back and my hero is dead? I AM THE GAME, when im off the server, how can my hero die? This is unacceptable.Agnyeshka43 Oct 22
Oct 21 A Challange for the seasoned veteran New Season Hardcore Max Difficulty available no items Campaign mode start from level 1. No DeathsGoVegan0 Oct 21
Oct 21 HC hero rebirth / recover items **Edit: it seems like the best plan is to combine the below ideas into one idea -earn a 'rebirth' ability once you hit paragon levels -upon death, an automatic and random occurrence takes place, returning 6-8 items to player stash -these items are sent directly to the dead players stash, thereby circumventing pk's.. -you must pay to repair the items at 10% cost per usual. Idea: a) HC heroes should earn 'rebirth' ability as follows: -once you hit level 60 (70) and then recurrent every *5 levels; can have no more than 1 available. -can use to revive fallen hero; if used, lose *5 levels of progress and cannot regain/use again until those levels are regained and you acquire new instance of 'rebirth'. -exists on this continuum, progressively. -for those disconnect/bad days... and/or b) Ally in same game can recover gears from fallen hero as follows: -an ally will approach the deceased and click to 'recover'. -at this point the now deceased will be able to select 6-8 of the 13 items (13 slots for gear, i think) and recover those items; or this will be randomized. -those items will be immediately sent to a new stash tab, specific for these items -once taken from stash, the tab is locked/gone. -if the stash tab is full, recovery cannot occur. please leave thoughts so blues can see agree/disagree is fine, be respectful please.InkEyes28 Oct 21
Oct 16 Need boost please Anyone able to boost my HC crusader to 70? My save was corrupted Im on xbox one gamertag Reckless_X_ConSkolia62 Oct 16
Oct 15 Any Advice? So I'm somewhat new to D3, I've probably got 200 hours or so in the game, I only play hardcore (Love the anxiety) I've got a lvl 70 paragon 400 necromancer which is the highest I've gotten so far. I've managed to get all my base stats damage, tough and recovery reasonably high, however I'm unable to get higher than torment 10, I've spent the last several days trying to farm ancients/primal but cant seem to get lucky, i was just wondering if I'm missing anything. using minion buildJagged4 Oct 15