Hardcore

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
May 29 Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ1077 May 29
Aug 20 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx74 Aug 20
Aug 20 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid163 Aug 20
Jul 17, 2016 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller85 Jul 17, 2016
14h Public Bounties/Clan Hey so it seems like there is never anyone playing public bounties or rifts HC anymore. Anyone want to party up? Or can you suggest a HC clan I could join? Just looking for some peeps to play with!Farsight1 14h
2d So you think you can powerlevel? (S17) Hardcore... Difficulty: T6 Rifts Paragon: 939 Class: Barbarian Build: Whirlwind Legendary Gems... Boon of the Hoarder: Rank 50 Gem of Ease: Rank 100 Bane of the Powerful: Rank 25 Taeguk: Rank 25 Follower (Enchantress)... Skills: Forceful Push, Powered Armor, Erosion, Focused Mind Kanai's Cube... In-geom Chilanik's Chain Avarice Band Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (6) Bul-Kathos's Oath Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Nemesis Bracers Convention of Elements (Optional) The Star of Azkaranth (Optional) Skills... Battle Rage (Bloodshed) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Threatening Shout (Grim Harvest) War Cry (Veteran's Warning) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Passives... Pound of Flesh Ruthless Nerves of Steel Boon of Bul-Kathos Offense... Critial Hit Chance: 42% Critial Hit Damage: 230% Area Damage: 102% Cooldown Reduction: 57.91% Physical Damage Increase: 33% Whirlwind Damage Increase: 30% Defense... Armor: 15,148 (81.23%) Lowest Resist: 898 (71.97%) Life... Maximum Life: 750k Life per Second: 10k Life per Hit: 8k Life per Kill: 8k Life per Fury Spent: 800 Globe Radius: 16 Adventure... Movement Speed: 25% Bonus Experience per Kill: 6.2k Notes... Diamond in Helm Rubies in Chest Armor and Pants Emerald and Gem of Ease in Weapons Physical Damage Increase for Progression Other Notes... Just chilling.Sherwin4 2d
2d Ironcore (Season 2) *** Community Created: "Ironcore Season 2" *** I've made mention of this in the past, but now that Season 2 is soon approaching, I figured I may as well explain the whole deal. One thing I quickly came to dislike in Season 1 was how often someone would "die," the clan would offer power leveling assistance, and then that same player was back in T6 rifts 45 minutes later doing 8% less damage than they were before. In addition to shared paragon and more death passives, Hardcore mode, something built around the idea of one life to live, became Gear Wipe mode. To move away from that feeling, I've come up with a method of playing that is a bit of a throwback to those who used to play self-found during the AH days. I call it Ironcore, and it goes as follows: **This section has changed after much discussion within the thread** Your first Seasonal character is considered 'Ironcore.' You have one life. After you die, you are free to play however you like from then on. At the start of the season, create one character with an IC identifier in the name (ie: Squirt_IC, SquirtIC, ICSquirt, IC_Squirt) No power leveling. No use of death passives (Spirit Vessel, Unstable Anomaly, NDE, etc). No use of Double Unity rings Go as far as you can No use of second life skills (Crusader: Akarrat's Champion with Prophecy rune) The idea here is pretty obvious. Make death feel like death again. I feel like the Ironcore method fits best in the Season format, where you can pick a class and see how far you go. I'll be making one wizard on the 13th. If I die in a way that is very unsatisfying, I'll likely make a second one, but that's probably it. Obviously, this is a self-imposed rule set. I don't expect anyone to play like this, nor do I look down on anyone for playing how they prefer to play. I posted this only because of the interest some people took when I touched on it before. I'll be maintaining this thread as well as I can throughout the season to track the Ironcore heroes during Season 2. If you're interested in participating, just leave a comment with your status and I'll update this main thread. \m/ Rock on \m/BobWitchDR294 2d
4d How do you take a death in Hc mode? hello! im an old hc player since launch, and im intrested how motivated players are to make a new charactee when they died? This season 16 i have really enjoyed, and about 350h play times and 10-12 deaths. I usually get mad when i died, once this season i said to myself now i quit! so i deleted 8 loot/alt characters ns/season then after 2 hours i made a fresh char and started again and it was super fun to regear. HartsiaHartsias28 4d
6d Have you ever noticed on the Diablo Profile. On your diablo profile, career tab, under your fallen heroes...it says Stay Connected. Oh the irony.Mfatal2 6d
Jun 8 One restore per season. Y/N? I've played hardcore multiple times and have had characters die before, but to have my game crash only to log back into a dead character made me legitimately angry. Would it really cheapen the hardcore experience if we were allotted one restore per season to account for stuff like this? I think it's worth considering.Phalanx7 Jun 8
Jun 8 I am so drunk... ...and bored.... (just had 6 cider with friend playing Overwatch and I don't usually drink...) does it means it's a good time to push GR?! :o caveat: I already completed guardian.. so.. why not?! :oLloyd3 Jun 8
Jun 8 Your Best HC Necro This is the most challenging class I have ever played in HC. I have lost a couple while learning to cope and it is frustrating. Especially coming from last season with a 0 death DH. What build can I utilize to be able to not die in t13+? How can I fortify my rathma or pestilence to ensure I don't get one shot by those little act 3 volcano things and still be able to do GR90 damage? ThanksDreamWizard0 Jun 8
Jun 6 Zeis stone/serration Does zeis stone of vengeance and serration stack for necro? Also, is pestillience and rathma necros class set?rasta2 Jun 6
Jun 6 1066 error while still connected to Internet I think im going to play something else from now on. Ive died dozens of times due to connection issues not related to my internet. I might be a masochist but even I have to draw a line somewhere. The most enjoyable aspect of Hardcore is dying due to my own mistakes. But you don't even let me do that. This isn't fun anymore.Goat0 Jun 6
Jun 4 New HC Start I have been playing D3 for a long time, but I have only done Softcore until now. Last night I finished leveling my DH in Hardcore and hit 70. Are there specific builds that you can get as a fresh 70 in HC that you would suggest? Thanks!Malystryx0 Jun 4
Jun 4 Unity on follower Sorry....just wanna a dumb question about unity on follower..... That's say If I wear or cube unity for soloing higher grift. that means my follower must have unity too right? But if I increase my follower's hp, will he take more damage? Will that help for soloing higher grift?Sally6 Jun 4
Jun 4 Guardian Completed! Finally got Guardian done Today! :) At p700. Those Galactic Wings are pretty nice! :D Dit it with Shadow DH.. Thanks god for finally getting my (first) ancient Karlei point today! :o And 2 good primal yesterday (for a total of 3), Primal CoE and primal Shadow Armor! :DLloyd3 Jun 4
Jun 3 stacked thoughness = 0 im a DH, i got a GOLDfind build with 36k goldfind, with the gems etc. well i also use GOLDWRAP, and when i reach 1 trillion thoughness it instead marks 0, does it makes me squishy? or invisible? or it simply keep stacking over 1 trillion but i just cant read it cause its too long number?Mcm2 Jun 3
Jun 2 Need help with Guardian (conquests) One need 3 conquests for Guardian. I am currently at Conqueror but planning ahead! :) I already did GR45 without sets I am planning to do Avarice and GR55 with 6 class set. My questions are: - what's the best setup for Avarice? levelled up Boon of the Hoarder to 50, now I just need to know a few good location? I heard that the hall of Adria are good.. but all these walls got me worried, any good open map? - what would be the easiest/quickest second class? Currently playing DH and I already have some Crusader items so was thinking of that. Or maybe Monk. Or Maybe Wizard (my other 3 favourites class). Which one would be the easiest / quickest? Since I have to regear from scratch.... - BTW tried the story mode in under 1 hour. I was shadow set DH with Krem belt (+25% speed).. in 1hour I could only do act 1-3, gave up.... any tip?Lloyd4 Jun 2
Jun 2 Screwed! anyone else get absolutely poned by HC?Odin3 Jun 2
May 30 Indestructable passive is broken? (crusader) Just died. One shot. With indestructable not in cooldown. It gives you 5 second immunity. How is that possible?JackFrost0 May 30
May 28 Death Save Passive Deaths I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I'm a little tired of losing my Hardcore characters to the game itself screwing up. This most recently happened before posting this, as I was battling a GR Guardian at 65. Necromancer, running full Ancient gear for the bonus, and I was running my death save passive (Final Service), just to be safe. As I was fighting the RG, I made sure to keep and eye on my death save proc, so as to not be killed. Didn't matter, he one shot me, even with the death save. I'm sorry Blizzard, but you really, REALLY need to fix issues like this. According to many members of my clan, this happens on a semi-regular basis. Deaths to game side issues on Hardcore is unacceptable, especially a broken code (which, hey, this IS a broken code issue) on a skill that is there to prevent death. I get lag; there really isn't anything that can be done to prevent that...but the game itself messing up? That's on you. Final Service reads "When you take lethal damage, you are sustained preventing ALL damage for 4 seconds. In addition, you consume minions to heal for 10% of your Life per minion. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds." I did not have the Final Service debuff, and I was one shot. From full life, to dead. Anyone else have or have had this issue? I don't want to be whiny, but this is something that we as players can't control. We can't make the game recognize our skills or whether or not they are working. So how, in good faith, can we expect to run and push higher Greater Rifts, if we have to fear death even with out passive Death Saves?Sadisticus2 May 28
May 28 Game Freeze Death: always As the title suggests, I haven't really played enough HC to get the chance to die to any actual mechanics, human error, pushing too high too soon. I've only played a few seasons in HC because I always die to the same thing-- a random game freeze which lasts just long enough (maybe 8-10 secs) for me to come back to everything that happened during that time all applying at once and blowing me up. The odd thing is that it only happens in HC. In normal mode I can push the game/my computer/my connection-- whatever to it's absolute limits and it continues to run fine, it may stutter here n there with my character rubberbanding a few feet backwards, but never a full stop freeze. I've also noticed that over the seasons now I've lost a few different characters in the same place Act 4 in one of the RED heaven maps. Idk if they have a specific name but its not shown on the rift level label in the top right. This season I wanted to get the new wings, so for my third conquest I opted to make a HC monk to run the GR45 no set items (Super Human). After leveling up I decided to collect as much replacement gear as I could, knowing that the inevitable freeze death was looming. I even made almost a full set of lvl 1 (70) gem of ease gear, so I could quickly replace my monk in the event of such an untimely death. While spamming T6 for keys and running empowered rifts to level gems, I managed to get a decent (and VERY tanky) collection of ancients which steered me into a LoN EP build which hopefully I successfully link right here https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Spoonofdoom-1322/hero/111386513 I made it ridiculously defensive and it paid off, as at about GR38 I got my freeze, and while I waited to get my controls back I spammed everything and when it returned I had destroyed everything with a 7 sided strike and was fine... I quickly ran to a safe spot to return to town and before I could it stuttered and froze again, and returned with my mantra cheat death having procced and me at low health- I killed the one mob that was chasing and portaled out. I exited the game and restarted, hoping to get a different map but I got it again, feeling like I had no choice but to try to progress, I skirted the edge of the map just trying to get to the portals to other maps, and it worked. On my next few GRs in my climb I had to do it again, until I eventually got some different maps. I had no issues with my final GR45, and I avoided using speed pylons since it felt like that was also a factor in all of my previous season deaths. Got my wings and back to normal mode, which is unfortunate because HC has a fun factor to it that I just can't reach because I'll never get the chance to push and die to my own mistakes... idk if certain maps have memory leaks or if its some kind of overload of area damage spikes, no clue... I've thought about posting about it here in the past but I just figured it would just get hit with the standard "it's part of the game, you took your chance with hardcore just deal with it"Spoonofdoom5 May 28
May 27 PowerLevel DeletedBigbangdeath0 May 27
May 26 Do you need a Power Level? Hey Everyone I am an aspiring NA streamer looking to make a name for myself and offer my skills to anyone who is needs it. I am a professional Hardcore Season power leveler I have helped hundreds of people get to level 70 and some gear on top of that. Whether you are paragon 1000 or never played before I will get you to 70. - Get to 0-70 in 15-20 minutes - Additional T10 full clear rifts to get you some gear - Hangout have some fun! - Live on twitch.tv **Requirements from you** - Drop a follow on my twitch at twitch.tv/zeroskillsgaming - Watch or lurk in my stream during your power level - Play on PC NA servers If you feel like you want to skip the grind and get a power level from me join my discord and @ me in the diablo 3 channel! discord.gg/h3r3nS7 I hope to see you there!ZeroSkillsTV2 May 26
May 24 anyone else stream game play? Hey homies, working on na hc seasonal gameplay before and after work. I play EST time. Currently enjoying my necro but if you look at my profile, I have been a DH fan for a while now. Current DH is mainly nekked Looking for hc streaming buddies - feel free to add/msg me. Can't plvl yet but will be able to soon! Always down to do whatever if I am online. Been playing for a while and can't seem to kick my diablo addition ;-) at least for now I am willing to put up with the grind since it is a new season after all. See you guys on the interwebs. I am alternating streaming on twitch and dlivetv atm. Feel free to add me and msg me that you found me here and I can host your game play on my channel when I am afk. https://twitch.tv/alexkluew https://dlive.tv/alexkluew Alexgetaclue0 May 24
May 23 Game Stutter It’s ridiculous how laggy this game is. My computer can run adventure mode at torment 16 with max settings with the same frame rates as it can on the lowest settings. My computer can also run other blizzard games at max settings and run perfectly smoothly. I prefer to play hardcore, but pushing greater rift keys higher than 80 is insane, since i’m constantly pausing the game to make sure I haven’t procced my escape death. What’s the problem?Nemesis0 May 23
May 23 Dreaded DC finally got me! :( Was doing my first ever T16 split bounty run with a random who turned out to be #2 monk on the leaderboard! :o haha Was doing good with my Demon Hunter shadow set... just completed last act bounty and then, suddenly..... Nobody is moving, my ability are not triggering... Noooooo... The dame came back alive on the screen showing my, now, defunct hero on hero selection... :(( I got 3 gem at 65.. didn't have the 3 gem to 70! so much effort wasted! :( Oh well.. one small hiccup to guardian! :o Oh well the guy kept the loot box for me though, nice! :) EDit: lucky me, my Shadow DH only had one gem levelled up!, so I still got 2 other gem 60! :DLloyd0 May 23
May 23 buds for hc seasonal looking for a group of buds to play with for seasonal/hardcore. im an alright player i think, not the worst not the best. i usually like to play supp monkGaarashatan1 May 23
May 22 Public Hardcore Discord! Anyone interested in starting a public hardcore only discord for the public? I find games in general more fun when there is a ton of people hanging out on discord talking about random stuff. Maybe such a thing exists or maybe its something we can try to get popular moving forward?Raserei0 May 22
May 22 WHY PLAY HARDCORE - The Definitive Answer A list of reasons of why Hardcore should be the only play style in Diablo. So much so, infact, one wonders if Blizzard will just make two types of "Hardcore" gameplay in Diablo 4, a time-ban upon death and a permanent death. But I digress.. Fear of Death Enhances Play Style - The primary reason why anyone plays is the increased adrenaline. While that seems like a lame answer, it isn't. Having my HC hero with only 1% of health left when getting trapped/bombarded by enemies is far more invigorating than a SC hero where if you die you'll go...meh. And respawn in the same damn place with little penalty given to you. Look, most games in any platform/genre have no real "death" per se. If you die, you can simply restore your last "save", which in some games is a few minutes ago, some literally a few seconds ago. This concept of when you die you die and you must start over was lost in the days of Nintendo when "saves" were few and far between. When its game over, ITS GAME OVER. GAME OVER MAN! Now, having a character die permanently seems like a drastic thing, but there's no denying your enjoyment in a game is highly increased as you fight enemies carefully instead of blindly going up against enemies twice, three times your size and if you die "oh well". No, in HC mode, you will plan, you will strategize, and you will be as careful as if you were there IRL. And that is a good thing. Every action you take has purpose. And it makes traversing the burning hells, sanctuary, and the high heavens much more fun. Paragon Levels is your saving grace in Hardcore - You know what this is. When Level 70 is reached, you start accumulating Paragon levels. These are permanent for your HC characters, meaning, if one hero dies and starts back at 1, they can apply all the points instantly and further, when they are at 70, you start with the paragon level progression as you last had. Why does this matter? Well, this is further enhanced by the fact of getting a lvl25+ gem of ease in your loot always. You can easily get a Level 1 hardcore hero to level 70 on lets say Torment 1 within an hour or two with simple grinding on your most powerful socketed weapon with this gem, as it moves the level requirement to 1. Hence, your Level 1 hero now is dishing out a million points of damage from the get go, and is gaining 2000+ exp per kill, on top of whatever else exp they get from enemies. So your Level 70 Monk was killed to a random pesky unit? All is lost? Not quite...while your on-set equipment may be gone, all you need is to restart with one of your most powerful weapons, an Ancient Legendary weapon works just fine, w/an ease gem and watch as you melt away enemies and gain 10 levels within a minute. And another 10, and another 10, and so on. You'll be back at the exact same level as you were, minus your equipment you had on death, in no time flat. Does it suck losing your equipment on death? Sure...but if you didn't, then HC wouldn't really be HC now would it? But the argument of losing a hero permanently isn't entirely true, following this method. Of course, this is only worth it if you have a lvl25 gem of ease, have a super powerful weapon with a socket, and don't mind recreating your dead hero, or perhaps, you change the gender/name, and give them their own purpose. Get both achievement types during playthrough - This is mostly on Blizzard and as such a cheap reason, but playing on HC will net you both SC and HC, so you don't have to worry about playing the game on SC alone to get those. While I am an achievement junkie I absolutely hate having to do achievements twice. This is primarily the reason I only play Hard/Brutal in SC2 and net them all at once. Same as in any other regular console game, to play on highest difficulty. So save yourself time, go HC and get all the achievements you need. Did I miss something? Anything else Blizzard should include (besides lag protection)? Sound off and I'll add them to the list!!OmegaWeaponX12 May 22
May 20 Just lost my barb to a 15 second D/C =( Just lost my barb to a 15 second D/C =( Anyone able to help me out?DraveThe1 May 20
May 20 Who's coming back for S17? Permanent LoN is something I wish they added in the main game as a game mechanic rather than a ring set. Class sets literally pigeon hole you into 1 skill and any skill with no class set suffers. This season actually has me looking at Diablo 3 again. I haven't played for a long time. One other HUGE QoL change would be autopickup and autosalvage of items so the game sticks to its true fast paced action style instead of pausing every pack to pickup deaths breath and some crafting materials. It feels very frustrating to do that.Raserei7 May 20
May 18 1 hour HYPE train!!!!! S17!!!! I am very hyped for S17 and how everyone gets LoN automatically! What do you all think will be super powerful combos for LoN? I'm thinking LoN Blessed Shield Crusader LoN Multishot DH LoN Pet Anything LET THE GAMESSSSSSSSS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!Raserei2 May 18
May 17 2 Player group builds? (S17) Do you have any tips on 2 Player group builds? I did some searching, And I either found very minimum of "group" builds in general or no hardcore specific builds at all. According to Icy-veins only group builds for S17 are: Wizard Star Pact Monk Inna support Barbarian Raekor support and Necro + LoN command skeletons / corpse lance. And that's it. At first I liked N6M4 build for DH but that relies on companions so it's impossible in group. In S16 with friend we played: me Wizard FB Meteor and him WD Haunt set (I don't know exact name of build). Note: neither of us likes playing monk, crusader or necro, which, I know, does not leave much space. Our target is not exactly GR120+, like, creep up to GR 100 by end of season would be great achievement, but is not that necessary, so I'm not looking for exactly "The TOP" tier builds, just if there is some combination of builds that are at least a bit able to complement each other that would be nice. Thanks!Strix3 May 17
May 17 Hellfire Amulet:Spirit Vessels Passive I crafted a Hellfire Amulet and it came with Spirit Vessels (cheat death passive). Cool, I have a free passive skill slot now for my WD. An Oppressor did a slam and it didn't proc, I was shocked! I stared at my death screen in disbelief. I'm not upset at all; just wondering if it happen to anyone else. CheersFitzpatrick6 May 17
May 16 S17 SPEEDS 4 party? 2 sup and which dps for LON season? fast's paragon builds?ChrustAA1 May 16
May 14 Hardcore Rebirth/Stash Question I have one HC character on nonseason. Let's say that I place all of his items in the nonseasonal HC shared stash and then rebirth him to play him during Season 17, changing him into a seasonal character. Will the items in the nonseasonal HC shared stash disappear once my only nonseasonal hardcore character is changed to seasonal? Or will all of those items still be there when Season 17 ends, and that HC character is changed back to being nonseasonal?Cobaltus5 May 14
May 13 Toggle HC and SC banner So, after the season has ended I found myself going through all of my toons, organizing, and generally prepping for the new Season 17 (hell ya). I have been developing my softcore banner and it looks good. However, when I logged onto my Hardcore toon, the SC banner remains. Now, to me, when I am logging onto my toon that has one life I would like my more intense, TO THE DEATH banner or something cool displayed or automatically toggled. Just a thought. . .Storkfeeder0 May 13
May 6 What char to play in HC S16 Hello guys Didnt play D3 for a while. Now i wanted to start a new character im HC. But the question is. What class should i pick ? For good t13 farming and higher gr +-70 Is the ww barb a good choice ? Or the Jade WD? I'm searching a build with good toughness . And no Dh pls.played him a few seasons and want something new. What would be the best choice ??Neroangelus2 May 6
May 6 Help with Hardcore Heya guys, im playing Diablo 3 at PS4 and I need someone with good heart to help me level to 70, already died twice, just wanna help to lvl to 70 for me and maybe my wife, anyone could lend me a hand, PS ID is Krohor ^^ thx in advance ^^Dharkor2 May 6
May 4 So you think you can Whirl(Hurricane)? S16 Paragon: 1395 Class: Barbarian Strength: 13660 Tier: Greater Rift 70 Speed Skills... Battle Rage (Swords to Ploughshares) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Overpower (Crushing Advance) Threatening Shout (Falter) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Passives... Ruthless Nerves of Steel Boon of Bul-Kathos Rampage Kanai... The Furnace Frostburn Skull Grasp Gems... Taeguk Bane of the Powerful Gogok of Swiftness Gear... Wrath of the Wastes without Shoulders Mantle of Channeling Bul-Kathos's Oath Pride of Cassius Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Convention of Elements Nemesis Bracers The Ess of Johan Notes... Follower is optional. Rubies in Chest Armor and Pants. Diamond in Helm. Emeralds in Weapons. Cooldown to Skills at 57.91%. Cold Damage Increase at 60%. Whirlwind Damage Increase at 30%. Area Damage at 119%. Pickup Radius at 14. Maximum Life at 700k. Complete Greater Rift 70 under 2 minutes.Sherwin8 May 4
Apr 29 HC People are the best... For some reason I am suddenly (after months of inactivity) suffering from recurring Diablo addiction. I am blaming Patch 2.6.5, even though it's not released yet... Yesterday I logged in, deleted 6 characters and created a new heroes, which I chose Hardcore and Season without thinking (was planning SC, haha, but old habits got me) and I was like, damn I made a new HC Wizard, oh well, let's roll with it... Then, tentatively, I asked the chat for plevel... little did I know... Almost instantly I got invited! :O Now it's a good time to let you know... It was 3:30 AM, I was tired but just not wanted to sleep. And also my highest solo GR ever might be around GR90, me think... can't remember, was a while ago, with comdemn crusader. Anyhow, this guy (P950) does 3 T6 rifts, got me to 70. Then I ask if I can suck more. Sure he said. Then does a full clear T13 rift, a complete T13 bounty (5 acts + cube), and 2 GR 90!! my highest solo GR ever and he just carry me along... :o I ended around level P300 and 5:AM. Then I though why not, and completed Chapter 4 of season journey by 6:30 AM.... Also, when I had to Hope of Cain with the cube for chapter 4 I got... A bloody Aether Walker! OMG! :o Well I guess I might be able to do full season journey in time! :D Blessed be thy name dear Snoop! :)Lloyd2 Apr 29
Apr 29 Disconnection Deaths. Blizzard needs to fix this problem. I have had 3 deaths due to game errors and latency spikes from the game. I have tested that it is the game because i have 2 PC\s right next to each other. One was on Apex which was my brother playing and the other was on Diablo 3 which was me. We have the same build on our PC's due to me building them. Apex was not lagging or spiking/frame frozen while Diablo 3 was completely frozen. This caused me to die in HC while this disconnection happened. Main Point: Find a way to fix disconnection deaths in HC, I just lost a godly weapon that was near perfect despite only being ancient. Natural roll of 7% AS and 10% Dmg... Find a way to fix this.... btw gonna keep posting because im heated...DiabolicHemp5 Apr 29
Apr 27 Suggestion: All Characters Start Hardcore Okay hear me out before the rage rolls in. As you all know, starting a character gives you a hardcore option and a seasonal option. Cool, allows you to choose the way you play your character. But I have a question or two: 1) Is there any substantial gameplay difference in hardcore, other than the finality of death? 2) If there is no difference, why aren't all character considered hardcore until they die? Losing a character on hardcore can feel like a waste of time, perhaps some people like crushing loss, but a crushing loss would perhaps not feel so severe if you got to keep the character after, also allowing all progress to transfer towards paragon after death, much like seasonal experience does. Is there any reason other vets can see a reason NOT to implement this?AudioElf10 Apr 27
Apr 26 Death While Paused? I was doing a simple low level grift, a 65 to level some gems. My son needed my attention to repair his bike. During the repair my session timed out and I'm now looking at a login screen showing a dead character. Has this happened to any one else? I know the rules around HC and won't be looking for Blizzard to do anything but I didn't think it was possible to die while the game was paused.Belsaurn5 Apr 26
Apr 25 On a Good Day conquest "Six legendary gems to level 40" I have gogok, taeguk, botp, bott, pe, and esoteric at level 41+ and while I did get credit for the Gemocalypse achievement and the "I can't Stop" conquest, I did not get credit for the "On a Good Day" conquest. Is this a softcore only conquest?EmmetOtter14 Apr 25
Apr 23 Mass server drop? Error Code, sitting in a queue for D3 login (lol). Did the hamsters fall asleep? Got a 'temporary outage of the Blizzard service.' Holy crap did every HC person just eat a RIP right now?Squibbles3 Apr 23
Apr 23 Thinking about doing SC next season.... Not sure why but I am really sick of HC. Or I shouldn't say that.... I don't know. I do hate SC to the core but I am just kinda over this game. Just want something to do until classic WoW comes out lol. Feel like I have done what I have wanted in HC. I usually push until my character dies but once it's dead I can't even get myself to log into the game anymore. As boring as SC is I kind of want a season where I just super gear out 1 char and just !@#$ around with builds. Not sure why... just sounds refreshing. Leader boards no longer interest me as unless you going to play most of the season someone just going to pass you with more time played.... which really annoys the %^-* out of me lol but I get that's basically what the game is so no reason to really care. Let the down votes commence lolDukus4 Apr 23