Hardcore

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
Sep 29 Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ1054 Sep 29
Aug 20 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx74 Aug 20
Aug 20 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid163 Aug 20
Jul 17, 2016 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller85 Jul 17, 2016
10h HC WW Barb, I need your help ! Hey guys, Its been a few years since the last time I posted here, my friend persuaded me to come back to Diablo to try out HC, it should be fun he said. And it is. I went for this build: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/79501-whirlwind-t13-speed-king and let me tell you this, the biggest power spikes were once I got the full Wastes and then after I dropped my BK swords, after that I breezed through everything and my friend hated me for being so fast too. But once I hit GR60 I am afraid to go further as my dmg is no longer that high and my tankiness also isnt as it used to be. I mean I can tank almost anything with Ignore pain but I dont have a 100% uptime .. Then I realized I have to change this build a little so I can go higher GRs right? I have to sacrifice the speed of this build for more tankiness / damage and I looked a lot of barbs online or this forum but none of those builds is considering Hardcore mode and the fact that one of my passive slot has to be mandatory Nerves of steel There are many ways to approach this and I am not sure how. Should I sacrifice Sprint for WOTB and put some CDR on items? I tried Zodiac and it wasnt really helping the CD and uptime. And If I do go for CDR I must sacrifice Vita which takes my RAW toughness without ignore pain so I am not really sure what to do here. One thing is for sure, I dont want to go for Charge or Hota build so dont suggest that, also dont suggest those other two set swords (dont know their name) I want to keep the BK WW build and be able to Solo GR70-80 on Harcdore without worrying about dying. I am open to suggestions, THANKS A TON ! EDIT: also to add, I can only reach maximum furty 100% uptime if I go war cry fury generation talent or hexing pants in cube, both reduces my toughness cause I have to sacrifice either Aquila or some other runeBlade12 10h
1d So you think you can Boost? (Season 15) Season: 15 Difficulty: Torment 6 Class: Barbarian (Hardcore) Build: Whirlwind (Hurricane) Booster Paragon: 1077 Skills... Battle Rage (Ferocity) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Overpower (Killing Spree) War Cry (Veteran's Warning) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Passives... Pound of Flesh Ruthless Nerves of Steel Boon of Bul-Kathos Rampage Kanai's Cube... In-geom Chilanik's Chain Skull Grasp Legendary Gems... Boon of the Hoarder (Rank 50) Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 50) Pain Ehancer (Rank 80) Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (6) - Diamonds/Rubies Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) - Emeralds/Gem of Ease Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Avarice Band Hellfire Amulet Nemesis Bracers Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid Details... Strength: 8710 Vitality: 3971 Damage: 520k Toughness: 16.4kk Recover: 1.2kk Offense... Critical Hit Chance: 49% (70% Buffed) Critical Hit Damage: 230% Area Damage: 94% Cooldown Reduction: 53% Lightning Damage Increase: 40% (Optional) Whirlwind Damage Increase: 15% (Optional) Defense... Armor: 83% Resistance: 77% Life... Maximum Life: 600k Life per Second: 17k Life per Hit: 26k Life per Kill: 8k Pickup Radius: 8 Resource... Fury Regeneration/Second: 15 Fury Cost Reduction: 10% Adventure... Movement Speed: 25% Current HC Power Leveling Message: Sherwin's Hurricane Booster ready to Powerlevel in T6 Rifts ~ Australian Barbarian Boost Count = 106 (Season 15) ~ Room for 3 Greater Rift 70 Build (4 Minutes): Swap Avarice Band for Convention of Elements Swap Boon of the Hoarder for Bane of the Stricken Swap Gem of Ease for Flawless Royal Emerald Swap In-geom for The Furnace in Kanai's Cube Swap Chilanik's Chain for Mantle of Channeling in Kanai's Cube Swap Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) for Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant) Swap Pound of Flesh for Berserker Rage Swap War Cry (Veteran's Warning) for Threatening Shout (Demoralize) Swap Overpower (Killing Spree) for Overpower (Crushing Advance) Swap Ignore Pain (Bravado) for Ignore Pain (Ignorancece is Bliss) Swap Whirlwind (Hurricane) for Whirlwind (Wind Shear) Swap Battle Rage (Swords to Ploughshares) for Battle Rage (Bloodhsed) if using Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) Swap Lightning Damage Increase for Physical Damage Increase Self Boost in Torment 6: Gem of Ease (Rank 25+) on a Level 70 weapon. The Gavel of Judgment, Bracers of the First Men, and Band of Might in Kanai's Cube. Hammer of the Ancients as Main Skill. Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) and Ground Stomp/Leap to keep Band of Might active. Craft a Hellfire Ring and Amulet. Craft Born's Defiance and Cain's Fate set. Add Ruby in Helm. Other Notes: Just the basics to get things rolling without any Augments. Recommend Paragon 800+ to start experimenting with skills, gear/enchanting, stats, and difficulty. We can use Whirlwind without Weapons Master, but Bul-Kathos's Oath takes a few seconds to refill Fury after casting Battle Rage. Constantly having to use War Cry or Threatening Shout. Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant) is active 99% of the time. Watch out for the few seconds when vulnerable. Good luck and have fun!Sherwin0 1d
1d Hardcore hero dead after server disconnection Seriously? Just like in the title, i was doing nephalem rift T13, my build is much stronger than this rift needs (i make GR71 melting it), end of the rift, about the guardian to appear, server disconnection like many times before. But i log in back and my hardcore hero is dead? How is this possible? Its a known issue that their servers are so bad, such a big company, such a popular game and such bad servers, disconnecting all the time. But seriously when it comes to hardcore heroes, and really many hours of playing (i did 170 in that character), it cant be all wasted because of their server issues. Its not my fault that their servers are so bad. I dont understand this, when the connection is lost, the game is gone, how is this possible that i log in back and my hero is dead? I AM THE GAME, when im off the server, how can my hero die? This is unacceptable.Agnyeshka42 1d
2d HC hero rebirth / recover items **Edit: it seems like the best plan is to combine the below ideas into one idea -earn a 'rebirth' ability once you hit paragon levels -upon death, an automatic and random occurrence takes place, returning 6-8 items to player stash -these items are sent directly to the dead players stash, thereby circumventing pk's.. -you must pay to repair the items at 10% cost per usual. Idea: a) HC heroes should earn 'rebirth' ability as follows: -once you hit level 60 (70) and then recurrent every *5 levels; can have no more than 1 available. -can use to revive fallen hero; if used, lose *5 levels of progress and cannot regain/use again until those levels are regained and you acquire new instance of 'rebirth'. -exists on this continuum, progressively. -for those disconnect/bad days... and/or b) Ally in same game can recover gears from fallen hero as follows: -an ally will approach the deceased and click to 'recover'. -at this point the now deceased will be able to select 6-8 of the 13 items (13 slots for gear, i think) and recover those items; or this will be randomized. -those items will be immediately sent to a new stash tab, specific for these items -once taken from stash, the tab is locked/gone. -if the stash tab is full, recovery cannot occur. please leave thoughts so blues can see agree/disagree is fine, be respectful please.InkEyes27 2d
3d Need boost please Anyone able to boost my HC crusader to 70? My save was corrupted Im on xbox one gamertag Reckless_X_ConSkolia62 3d
4d Any Advice? So I'm somewhat new to D3, I've probably got 200 hours or so in the game, I only play hardcore (Love the anxiety) I've got a lvl 70 paragon 400 necromancer which is the highest I've gotten so far. I've managed to get all my base stats damage, tough and recovery reasonably high, however I'm unable to get higher than torment 10, I've spent the last several days trying to farm ancients/primal but cant seem to get lucky, i was just wondering if I'm missing anything. using minion buildJagged4 4d
4d HC BUG! BEWARE! MODS PLEASE LOOK! Hi There, I was running a T10 vault run on my Necro. I had Greed to about 10% and was just standing and dps-ing. My Fatal Damage talent hadn't been proc'd. I was on about 60-70% hp and ate a charge move. Apparently, I don't know if it just necro's talent or all fatal damage talents that are bugged verse Greed but I instantly got destroyed. So beware in vault runs if you are a Necro!! To Mods, is there any way my character can be restored once this gets tested and proven to be a game breaking bug? Thanks.Datsyukian4 4d
4d Anyone to leech of ^_^? So im bored af im waiting for the beta of wolcen lords of mayhem in hope it will be the next arpg game, im done with poe and im bored af, so if theres anyone here which do not mind i'll just stay behind and leech some xp please add me or let me know ^_^Leviathan4 4d
6d Looking for a mate to play with :) Hey i want to play some hardcore i have a necro lvl 2 paragon but im also willing to create a new one and we could run through the story i also have discord if you wana talk while playing :D ( im 18 m from germany but i can talk and understand english ^^ )Kill0or2 6d
Oct 13 Anyone else a bit nervous playing HC now? Just about every serious HC player I know this season has 1016 ripped at least once. And for those of you that don't know, a 1016 error is a d/c. Blizzard doesn't care if their servers/telaphony fail us. They are happy with their work. Please know they provide a very slender service to us playing D3. With the player base getting smaller and smaller by the month and year, the server quality is dropping severely as well. I can't play SC as it gives no joy. So HC it is. To die from multiple d/c deaths makes this great game not fun any more.Chetanji12 Oct 13
Oct 12 POE HC is a better HC model Just something to think about. /peacewahskcirt22 Oct 12
Oct 9 Hard to find non-seasonal HC players I took an early dirt nap this season and ran back to non-seasonal with my tail between my legs. Since then I've been improving the gear of some older characters, and just generally enjoying having paragon levels. But it's hard to find people to play with to share bounty runs and GR runs. If you're playing non-seasonal HC and are looking for someone, add me. I'm happy to powerlevel and help gear if need be.Coriolanus5 Oct 9
Oct 8 Starting a hc character Anyone wanna join me ? Let me knowNavybluefish1 Oct 8
Oct 8 Rethink the RG Pop Ups When playing HC and doing Bounties I find it stressful that when in the middle of a fight the RG pop up takes over my entire screen. I would prefer if it was a popup like a party join, so that it doesn't interrupt your game play which could result in a death.Jamie1 Oct 8
Oct 8 Died while drunk new player here yesterday I got drunk and later that night started playing,saying !@#$ it,I'll try going into torment 8 GR s. pulled two elite packs,failed to execute rotation correctly got killed,because my passive was on cooldown. just throwing it out there,don't play while drunkTseredian11 Oct 8
Oct 6 New Concept - Naked Hardcore Bored. Unwilling to risk my existing HC characters to lag death. So I decided to up the challenge by playing "naked hardcore". Here are the rules: 1. Start at level 1. You can do season rebirth or new toon...your choice 2. No armor (gloves, boots etc.) 3. Weapons and offhand are allowed 4. Rings and amulets are allowed 5. I've been playing with any gems allowed as well, including high-level gems from my stash. This is not easy. My first toon died at level 23 because I upped the difficulty level to Expert and got zapped by one of those arcane spinny things. My next attempt is currently at level 46 in Hard. I think it's fairly obvious that ranged has an edge here. I'm doing a Necromancer, with a lot of Corpse Explosion and Bone Spear. The key is max diamonds in rings, amulets and shields, where possible. I'm embracing death, instead of fearing it. So far. I'll probably be pissed off later tonight.Snackular1 Oct 6
Oct 5 Murdered by Windows Sticky Key... first time that ever happened to me.maddsloth0 Oct 5
Oct 4 Unstable Anomaly didn't proc, wizard died Was doing greater rift, Torment X, had Aquila Carcass and the ring in a Cube that reduces damage taken by 80% while your storm shield electrocutes enemy. Got Raziel as a rift guardian and he one shot me and my cheat death passive didn't proc. I guess next time, if I decide to play wizard I gotta be sure to have at least 2 pieces of Firebird set on me, for resurrection ability.LuckyTiger10 Oct 4
Oct 4 advice for GR pushing Playing impale Demon Hunter. Managed to clear GR 72 in 7 minutes just an hour ago. Thing is,I'm really scared to move forward,I already lost one crusader due to stupid lack of attention and it's not like i'm an experienced player,this is like my 4th character in diablo,so it's pretty likely I'll make lots of mistakes while pushing. How much toughness do I need to push for lets say,80 or even 90? Right now,my toughness,while full buffed is sitting at 500 million with Fan Of Knives + bladed armor which is up 80% of the time. without it at 400 million. The only item I'm missing for my build is Traveler's Pledge which is quite slippery,been trying to get it with all means for a while now. Elites that explode on death,if I stand in explosion, it instantly triggers my awareness passive. damage shows 463k in town.Tseredian8 Oct 4
Oct 3 Starting over Never played much hardcore, but figured I'd give it a try this season. So I died, and I'm wondering how you guys recoup after dying... I wrote in the chat after I created a new character, and someone was nice enough to plevel me. Luckily I collected a full set of Jade harvester before I died, but I was using the helltooth from the headric gift. I'm not used to this set/build, so I'm gimped in the torment level I can run. Seems the gems are the biggest loss though..CUinHell2 Oct 3
Oct 2 DC death last night,T13 rift. got disconnected. reconnected and character alive. continued playing,after 3 hours dc again,log in,character dead. Well,at least I was on my speed farming gear and impale gear survived in stash. Leveled back up with gem of ease https://i.imgur.com/MI2Pf2H.jpg?1Tseredian0 Oct 2
Sep 29 18 and 22 years dong this Feel robbed on those 4 years waiting for that eventual hc, brevik always wanted the games normal mode to be hardcore. Those who know what I'm talking about, your deeds always remembered.TheChemicals0 Sep 29
Sep 27 So you think you can barb? (s14) Season: 14 Paragon:743 Strength: 9398 Damage: 1,262,589 Toughness: 862k Recovery: 1,582,389 Greater Rift: 100 Solo Rank: 69 Details.. Crit chance: 50.50% Crit Damage: 567% Area Damage: 132% Cooldown Reduction: 7.2% HOTA Damage: 13% Fire Damage: 19% Armor: 84.4% Lowest Resist: 74.18% Life: 912,086 Skills Hammer of the Ancients (Smash) Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) Battle Rage (Bloodshed) War Cry (Impunity) Call of the Ancients (Together as One) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Passives Nerves of Steel Ruthless Berserker Rage Rampage Kanai Cube The Gavel of Judgement Aquila Cuirass Band of Might Templar Heal Loyalty Charge Guardian Follower gear Enchanting Favor (cannot die) Thunderfury Oculus Ring Wyrdward ring The Ess of Johan Freeze of Deflection Gear Immortal Kings (Diamonds + Amethyst in helm) Istvan's paired blades (Emeralds) Endless Walk set Convention of Elements Fury of the Ancients Bracers of the First men Legendary Gems Esoteric Alteration Bane of the Trapped Bane of the Stricken Notes- This for me is a big deal due to the fact that I only put in 30 hours this season and managed to hit my 100 with under 800 paragon and sub optimal gear. I only have 1 piece of gear with Caldesann's Despair on it and it was only to complete the season journey. I want to throw a shout out to Sherwin since I 100% stole his format for this post. I felt good enough about what I accomplished that I wanted to share it! I only have 1 seasonal character and he has all the gear and build I used if you want to check it out. Good luck out there and fight the good fight!Dartok12 Sep 27
Sep 26 So you think you can zBarb? (Season 15) Season: 15 Paragon: 727 Class: Barbarian Mode: Hardcore Status: Guardian Skills... Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Mob Rule) Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) War Cry (Veteran's Warning) Sprint (Forced March) Passives... Nerves of Steel Weapons Master Inspiring Presence Relentless Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (4) - Diamonds Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) - Amethysts Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Mantle of Channeling Leoric's Crown - Diamond The Ess of Johan Oculus Ring Nemesis Bracers Cube... In-geom Chilanik's Chain Band of Might Gems... Gogok of Swiftness Gem of Efficacious Toxin Iceblink Notes: Cooldown Reduction is at 61.43%. More than 1 million maximum life. Pickup Radius is a bonus. Furious Charge for mobility. Ground Stomp for combat. Keep Ignore Pain active all the time on other group members. Keep Sprint going for group most of the time. Usually cast Ignore Pain, Sprint and then War Cry. Need to stop Whirlwind every time we either use Ground Stomp or Furious Charge. Reached GR85 in group as a zBarb. Other Notes: Completed Season 15 journey (Guardian status) with more than 30 hours of game time. Can solo GR80+ with Whirlwind build without any Augments. Also started boosting other players and counting.Sherwin0 Sep 26
Sep 23 the lag death i was playing HC mode when i started to lag. I as quickly as i could, paused the game and hit exit game several times and waited about a minute before it decided to exit. when i got back on my character had been slain my a zombie...really guys thanks for the crappy death that cost me hundreds of hrs. im sure im not the first either. that's a issue you guys should fix to insure my characters aren't dying in a poorly constructed fashion.JAHofheinz12 Sep 23
Sep 22 Looking for Hardcore group for Season15 Will start playing at the start of season 15 (8pm est time). I'm looking to create a group for lvling or join an existing one. Thanksheroshiro1 Sep 22
Sep 21 Unlocking Adventure Mode I need someone to run the last quest for me so I can unlock adventure mode, any takers?ImXTooNinjax2 Sep 21
Sep 21 Old Player Returning for good Hello, I'm playing Diablo 3 again. It looks like none of the old guards are here any more, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm acrimony. I played as a HC Barbarian for a year or so before the constant disconnections made it impossible for me to play (and keep my Barbarian safe). I did reach Paragon 87 in less than 200 hours before I lost him. I've learned a few things: - There are ladders now! - I have over 200,000,000 in gold still left over. What do I do with it without the Auction House? - Communities are apparently a major part of the meta-game now. Can someone explain how this works? Thanks for any help in advance. Cheers.acrimony21 Sep 21
Sep 20 HC players hiding where? I'm getting back into hardcore and was wondering is everyone playing T10+? I don't see any open pub games in T6 or lower, no rifts or bounties. This post is right after the end of s14 so many everyone is organizing their stash? Also what are some good communities to join both season and normal? I know the HC community is great I was apart of it a few years ago. -MoonMoonWater5 Sep 20
Sep 19 cou de' ta i am hereby demanding a cou' de' ta at blizzard. they need to reform the item dropping process in diablo 3 so that new legendaries drop. i am the president of the united states.thepresident5 Sep 19
Sep 18 DH's everywhere Playing HC on Americas and it seems most of the players are DH's like me. Is that a coincidence or is it the preferred option for HC?Scourge8 Sep 18
Sep 17 Going to run solo in S15 With a WD. Should be fun. The conquests are bad. I'm not going to do the campaign in an hour and I hate set dungeons, so that means the bosses in 20 mins as well as the easy ones. Chicken build I guess.Scourge2 Sep 17
Sep 13 Apparently According to a post in GD this is the 6th Anniversary of D3! I've gotten thousands of hours of fun and entertainment from this game. Many thanks Blizzard! It would seem an appropriate time to reflect back in time... I remember when movement speed was capped at 15%. I remember when there were only 4 acts. And not many people played Act 4 because it was so dangerous I remember when it took a well-coordinated team and strategy to beat Ubers I remember when there was an EmettOtter I remember when nobody ever played the Caverns of Araneae map I remember when "Crypt Runs" were *the* thing. I hated them and skipped. I remember when Belial would get your palms sweaty. Every time. I remember someone on my FL who got ripped off billions transferring gold to HC I remember running the Dahlgur Oasis 100 times to find a Leoric's Signet. Found 2 I remember when each and every item had to be salvaged individually I remember when town vendors were somewhat useful I remember going to the Caldeum Bazaar frequently. Haven't been there in ages I remember no cube, no paragon, no pets, no enchants, no Saders, no... I remember where many of my deaths were and how they happened I remember when Phase Beasts were a serious problem in Act 3 I remember helping to level many people in the Fields of Slaughter. A few died I remember when PKing was around. I never suffered at the hand of a PK. Aholes I remember when I got a Cain's Set plan in Act 2. OMG, the luck! I remember when a Skorn was BIS. With Life Steal! Could go on. What your memory?JCRUZ26 Sep 13
Sep 10 Just got the game, anyone for hardcore? Looking for people to play with, hardcore seasonal mostly. 21+Nickiamx2 Sep 10
Sep 9 A weird death...... I was soloing a 106, during the middle of the grift I had to go, I press the ESC button instead of leaving the game, I swear the game was really paused, and 1 hour later I came back and my toon ripped......can somebody please explain to me what the !@#$ was going on...…?Sally4 Sep 9
Sep 7 Bounty: Watch Your Step... Safe? Is the act IV bounty Watch Your Step safe to do? Will it kill me if I don't do it right?LeginNoslen14 Sep 7
Sep 7 Disconnect Scare I was playing my HC Crusader last night and Steed Charged right off the game map into literal whiteness. When the map finally drew under my character, I was in the middle of a pack of elites. I popped my defensives and starting spamming attacks to the degree the game would let me. Then, the game session crashed, as my Internet had gone down. Fortunately, my character was still alive when I was able to log back in like ten minutes later, but it was tense there for a while. I do not think Blizzard should change their policy regarding HC deaths due to disconnections. However, I can see how it must be really frustrating to lose a HC character that way due to no fault of one's own. Just to confirm, if you have only one HC character on your account, and he dies, your shared stash still persists until you create another HC character, right?Cobaltus7 Sep 7
Sep 6 Hardcore yes, frustrated a little. In the past two weeks on the Oz servers I have lost 3 top toons. I don't mind losing to a fair battle but on a server disconnect, very frustrating. I know it wasn't my internet because my Battle.Net chat didn't miss a beat and everyone in the game got thrown back to the menu. The gear can be recovered mostly but the augments! /endwhinge. :-)Jamie1 Sep 6
Sep 5 feedback Hello so i just want to post to see what i should work on for my hardcore dh any feedback would be nice and besides the obvious as in caldesanns and my legend gem levels,having a hardtime trying to figure out if i should use essoteric+mutilation guard or 1 of the 2.. also profile isnt updated i have m6 on with coe in cube and BotP is out for essoteric.Ryusoushen8 Sep 5
Sep 5 I Got Bored. So I Died. No Big Deal. GR60 (T13). Rift Guardian at half health. It was a poison globe spammer. Died once. Firebird resurrect cooldown on 35 seconds. 15 seconds left to complete rift. Had successfully teleported out. Go back in or not? I went back in and died. RIP. But I was getting bored anyways so no biggie. Wanted to see how far I could push before dying permanently. Eh. Time to play another game until Sept 16 (when a new season begins).MarigoldRan3 Sep 5
Sep 4 Is hardcore dead? Doesn't seem like anybody plays public games in HC seasonal, I remember a few seasons ago there were plenty of people. What happened :(Ambush18 Sep 4
Sep 4 So you think you can Powerlevel? (Season 14) Season: 14 Paragon: 998 Class: Barbarian Strength: 8452 Vitality: 6450 Build: Sherwin's Hurricane Booster Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (6) - Diamonds Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) - Emerald & Gem of Ease Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Hellfire Amulet (Passive Skill) Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (Keep Ignore Pain and Wrath of the Berserker active) Nemesis Bracers (Spawn Champions from Shrines/Pylons) Convention of Elements or Skull Grasp Gems... Gem of Ease (85) Boon of the Hoarder (50) Gogok of Swiftness (25) Pain Enhancer (25) Skills... Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Threatening Shout (Grim Harvest) War Cry (Veteran's Warning) Battle Rage (Bloodshed) Passives (Pound of Flesh, Nerves of Steel, Weapons Master, Inspiring Presence, Boon of Bul-Kathos) Kanai's Cube (In-geom, Chilanik's Chain, Avarice Band) Details... Attack Speed Increase: 35% Critial Hit Chance: 40.5% Critical Hit Damage: 322% Area Damage: 70% (50% Base) Cooldown Reduction: 50.29% Physical Damage Increase: 38% (40% Max) Whirlwind Damage Increase: 26% (30% Max) Armor: 17.7k (83.57%) Lowest Resistance: 1103 (75.91%) Maximum Life: 1 million Life per Second: 10.7k Life per Hit: 40.5k Life per Kill: 11.1k Healing Bonus: 114.1k Pickup Radius: 5 Movement Speed: 25% Bonus Experience per Kill: 5349.4 Notes: Can ignore Enchantress as we're playing in a group. Threatening Shout to gain Fury. Life Regeneration and extra Run Speed is a bonus with Grim Harvest. Luckily Gem of Ease is difficult to lose as we don't really progress in Greater Rifts with it. This post is dedicated to all the players I've powerleveled (boosted). HC Powerleveling Community: Fastest powerlevel ever! What build are you using? Can anyone powerlevel me? Anyone free to boost? Let me know if you also need a powerlevel! Thank you... Other Notes: Managed to duplicate my build 6 times this season. Augmenting is good, but Paragon leveling is permanent. You don't have to wait for Ancients/Primals to have a good build.Sherwin13 Sep 4
Aug 31 Event of disconnection Hi guys, I would like to know when my connection is lost for a while, -does some of my further attacks applied in the game? -does my char move far or closer to enemies? -do enemies surge forward to me (when my char is standing on place)? -a completed normal rift is about to close does my char will be returned to town if he/she survives the dc (if the previous statement works)? If these does work in game can be the game freezed to conserve a char death? Thanks in advance, Regards, GyusziHUNGyusziHUN4 Aug 31
Aug 30 Rip add another death to the fun but fking !@#$%^- grotesque deaths haha in a narrow coridoor to lmaoRyusoushen0 Aug 30
Aug 29 What class has the most cheat deaths? What class has the most "cheat death" skills? I know they each have one passive cheat death. But the crusader, for example, also has the Prophet rune on Akarat's Champion. Does having multiple cheat death skills make a class more hardcore viable than others?Altranova5 Aug 29