May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
3d Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ1037 3d
Nov 9 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid160 Nov 9
May 2 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx73 May 2
Jul 17, 2016 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller85 Jul 17, 2016
1h I did it!! Guardian! finally! (at Paragon 751) Also... did solo GR 82, my highest solo GR ever. :D Intend to push, was easy (0 augment) might even go 90 this season, or more! :D On the way 2 crusaders died to my own stupidity and 1 died to power outage. And completed guardian on DH, who would have though hey?! :) Might have lost a wizard in bounty as well...Lloyd4 1h
4h Has anyone lost a character in HC Due to a disconnect on Blizzards end? I haven't had this yet but there was a time this season I was facing an elite and my ping shot up and lagged twice on that fight for about 2-3 seconds at a time...I thought I would be a goner. Another time I was just sitting in town and got an "error code 2" and dc'd so I was lucky there...it seems there should be some safe guards in place for HC players to prevent accidental death due to server side technical issuesScorp20 4h
12h Nooooo.... I was just soloing GR 63, fighting an elite, being 1 augment from 3 gem to 55 when.... A power outage happened! :( Needless to say... I probably lost my crusader.. let's find out!Lloyd4 12h
1d Glitched Town Death? Was just playing hardcore seasonal on a Necromancer with my friend.(just got him to buy it, both are Long time fans) When i went back to town after winning a couple duels, all my skeletons turned on me and killed me! I took a little time to leave and he had already left when i went through the portal, where my skeletons went red and attacked me in Act2 What even happened? I am upset to have gotten the $15 necro expansion, and to of convinced my friend to buy the full game to have this be our experence...Doesnt help that blizzard has such a strict no revive policy that i doubt they would do a thing about this insane and game breaking glitch in any way.... I am very upset, and discouragedSkaln10 1d
1d Adventure mode LOCKED !! Okay so ive played season 12 in HC got Paragon 1100+ ... today i log on my account and my adventure mode is locked in HC only... in softcore everything is fine ,,,,, its says i gotta complete the story mode before playing adventure mode but i did that already long time ago. Should i do it again in HC ? last season everything was fine.BigDaddy7 1d
1d Hardcore - Cube question. This is a question for a Character in HC seasonal. If i extract a power with the cube with one Character can i equip the cubed powers with a second character in case the first one dies or do i have to re-do the extracting part on the same powers?serkONE6 1d
1d Hardcore, impossible to play... I just lost my second hardcore hero for error 1016. Impossible to play while this company does not solve its server problems. It's no use coming to ask this or that because it's no use, the problem is yours, and how can not solve it, and easier to blame on a video drive, network, or a problem from my internet provider. It turns out that several friends of my class and who are on my list of friends, have the same problem. While this game continues in this "open beta" it is impossible to play either in Hc or soft. Then do not know why they are losing players, if at least these errors were solved, I would not mind the lack of new content, just let us play, simple.Mazo8 1d
1d When you just laugh at your HC deaths So this is the first season I started HC. I did softcore for guardian first. Meaning no free sets, work my way to 70. Farm gear, and Sweeper build it was by RNG. Was fun. Never played it before. Got a great backup set for blessed shield with perm akarats champ with all diffenet jewelry the works. Minutes afte 1016 dc and death. No sweat I got a back up. Reset the router, rebooted my computer and did a speed test and watched a show on netflix. All good and leveled nack up to 70. Equip my backup gear and decide to farm a new back up set first thing. Walk into a rift. First mob. 1016 DC.... Log in and dead again. I am laughing hysterically at this point in the game. I have yet to reroll a new Seasonal HC. Might work on my non season HC necro (Inarius with stormshield tank who can clear GR 60) but i might just wait a few days because of the luck, bit honestly if I got another 1016 after 10 seconds into a run i would laugh agai. To everyone complaing about "blizz" related deaths and such remember ypu will die in HC. It is a matter of whem, and unless the blizz servers crashed you simply lost a few packets and lost connection for a second and 1016 was their to save that demons day. All in all it was a fun way to go out. (No graveyard because i just delete them from it. Under a hundred hours there is no spoint to have a force ghost. Also I can make a level 1 so any non beloevers can see I do indeed jave seasonal HC paragonViktorLidor0 1d
1d Being a parent compared to D3 HC? I imagine being a parent is sort of like rerolling a toon in diablo 3 hardcore. You just hope you don't !@#$ up twice. Any confirmation?Archon4 1d
2d HC error day 14,3,2018 at 15,30 am playing D3 hardcore, he was dropped from the game to the menu again to sign up for the account. the character has died in the meantime. error message 32 or 132. I ask for this character to be restored.KOCKA2 2d
3d Please, help me quit this stupid game! Hi Gang, Help me find a way to quit this stupid game. I've been playing since launch and like an addict, I keep coming back. However, I keep running into the same disappointment. I can't play softcore because I will literally die of boredom. So, I love hardcore. Only problem, it doesn't love me. Death by crash is the stupid death. Yet, it always seems to find me at the worst times...like at the beginning of season when I don't have any Gem of Ease leveled or any gear deleveled. So, basically, when the game crashes for whatever reason, my character doesn't "crash" buts stays motionless in the game rendering it vulnerable to all attacks. Why isn't there some kind of safety net there? That kind of death is simply stupid. If something that's not related to the game crashes, it should cut things off where the crash happened. The character should not be sitting motionless and vulnerable to any and all attacks. That's dumb! I'm not a D3 basher either. I've been loyal since launch. I'm just tired. Can someone help me quit this game! Please. I don't seem to have the will power to to do it on my own. Just quietly delete my account. Anyone! Help!Matt686865 3d
3d RIP Lythande The grenades were made. Fire was the element. The demons, the undead, the beasts with unspeakable names, they were going to fall. One by one or en masse, I would take them, every last one. Transported to the halls of the Angels, the infestation was horrendous. They were every where but they would go down, just like the last ones. Just like the ones tomorrow. But alas, the fickle gods of the datastreams would chuckle at my hubris. They would say, oh, no, this day, the fallen heroes would embrace one more of their own. Though she had slain many of these beasts, a hunter always knows "somewhere, down that lonely road, my time will come." A soldier lives, and wonders why. RIP Lythande. 3/14/18CaiusMartius0 3d
3d zDPS builds Do group need a zDPS hero? I have a zDPS Crusader and I did once group and sleep through a relaxing GR70 with a random Wizard. Was wondering if it was worth asking for a GR group... On one hand I'd like to give my zDPS build a spin, build looks interesting. On the other hand I wonder, who cares about zDPS? As a side note: got 60% cooldown reduction and Taunt, Condemn, Judgement, Law Of Something are all skills that I equipped that can both group monsters, CC them and protect my team mates.Lloyd1 3d
3d They should add feature to combat DC deaths (HC) I know you will probally see this as a rant but after losing my Witch Doctor due to a lantency DC I had an idea. The way he died was sad I dced right after pulling an elite I didn't even get a chance to use an ability so with the 10 second run he was RIP, it wasn't even a GR just T10 farming. Now I know why there is a 10 second run off and in fact I support the run off because I remember D2 people would alt f4 when in a screwed situations to cheese dying. However in this situation if my WD had even casted a single ability that elite would have died long before killing me, instead he just died standing still doing nothing. My idea is simply if the server loses contact with the player for more then lets say 2 seconds it starts casting spells at the nearest enemy (if any). The priority could be very simple Longest cd spells> Resource expenders> resource generators dont cast movement or defensive abilites. This script would be very easy to write I cant imagine the block for it being more then 10 lines. This would create a situation where players who alt f4 to cheese death would still die but players who actually DCed might survive a fate of slowly being slapped to death over 10 seconds. Perhaps the player would still die because the elite was molten and they are not moving or there was an arcane on his feet but at the very least he would have a fighting chance (no pun intended).Ultima27 3d
4d So if you Computer locks up is your toon dead I'm still new to Hardcore and was doing a Normal grift last night when my computer locked up. If I was on my Hardcore toon would that be my loss since I was going for a shot when it happened or does your toon survive in some cases. Or can someone die from a dc or lock up?Whithul5 4d
4d Monkey King Builds Is there a way to post your Hardcore build on this forum?Token1 4d
4d I converted some players to HC I saw some of my friend online levelling up new heroes in softcore seasonal. Come to HC I said, I will power level you up, I said! Now all 3 of them have 150 paragon levels in their HC heroes, and some sweet loot, and can't be bothered go back to softcore! :p I feel a little guilty after the fact though, when I realized one of them is a busy mom with little kids. Kids and HC is like fire and oil, not a good mix :SLloyd0 4d
5d New to Hardcore Look for a class to power through story to unlock adventure mode. any suggestions. iv played all classes in softcoreZkyge2 5d
5d zDPS Pacman Barb - LFG? Hey, I'm thinking about making a zDPS Pacman Barb to help grind out some paragon. But I don't know anyone to do that with (my friends aren't really the end-game type). Is that something that people in HC would quickly make use of? Or are there too few people playing HC and/or likely already have zDPS they run with. Just throwin' some feelers out there.Spoon1 5d
5d REFUND NECRO, DONT PLAY A BUGGED CLASS. I want a refund. I payed $15 for a class that has had a know bug for months now. It is my fault for not doing research ahead of time, but as long as blizzard has been around, their games have earned my confidence. But lately it seems as if they have stopped caring about certain things. Final service has been bugged apparently for around 6-8 months. It doesn't activate sometimes and there is an AMPLE amount of evidence to prove its defective. I literally was one shot without the passive activating, mind you I had just entered the game and the character has cleared GR 78 duo with ease, and i've popped final service twice before, so I know what happens when it activates. This time there was nothing i could do at all. As soon as i was hit, i died and no passive activated. I dont want anything but a refund. Not asking for a character revival or anything like that. There just isnt any need to pay for something that doesnt work as intended. Not gonna quit the game, just the class and will maybe buy again if bug is fixed.KAKOSPAZ3 5d
6d Dear Blizzard PLZ! Dear Blizzard! Tonight during the game, throwing away the game, my internet was okay with the Blizzard server was the fault! When I got back my HARDCORE character died! I know everywhere is that you can not get the character back! But the good man sees my soul if he does not die of my fault! then please do not at least do not mind the game and give me back my character that Blizzard has !@#$ed!Becos4 6d
6d Ranged attack reduction and other things Still fairly new to +60 GR running as I've only recently come back to the game after a long absence. Now playing PS4 version rather than PC. So I'm playing a Crusader new season Roland Sweeper build. He's not perfect still missing a few Ancients here and there I also play completely solo with this guy. I'm finding the the ranged attacks from spear chucking Goatmen and Succubi Blood Star pretty brutal after 65. I'm about paragon 455. On entering a map I've been almost one-shotted several times, (thank you passive for saving me) Is it worth re-rolling stats on gear to get ranged damage reduction? Would it make a whole lot of difference? Any other tips on surviving GR 65+? I'm using the Templar follower with the freeze block shield and cool down reduction sword. I'm sat around level 78 and just completed GR 66 on the Leader Boards and my goal is to get to GR level 70 this season as a noob I think this is realistic. I've noticed that the gear of some of the other players is pretty poor or the combination is pretty random. One guy was running around with rare level 40 ring? Also a lot of folk have only increased their legendary gems to around 30 and yet seem to be progressing well. How are they surviving? Is it group play vs solo?Skafloc5 6d
Mar 11 Why do people with bad connections play HC? I don't play hardcore, I personally don't see the point of it since death is inevitable in any video game and in my opinion, part of the fun (pushing yourself to see how much you can push beyond limit before you die). But today I was kinda curious about having a go at it, I'm not likely to even get to 70 knowing my own recklessness. So anyway! I came here to read up and literally every death is either due to some bug (old event cut scene not pausing the game) or a DC. It made me think, In all of my time playing diablo 3 I have never DC'd due to any failure of the game itself, it's always been the mt personal connection was interrupted or something blizzard had planned. So why do there seem to be so many deaths due to DCs here, It's making me feel like it's not even worth trying hardcore even if only for Sh*ts and giggles.Lynexia24 Mar 11
Mar 9 Seasonal Help Needed Please Hello everyone, I have no friends playing HC in season and lost my DH last night. Is there anyone that is willing to PL me and make a new friend? Jhahn #1298Jhahn4 Mar 9
Mar 8 Can I use maphack in singleplayer - campaign? As the title says can I use maphack for SP? Or can I use it on non HC? I want to be easier to get passed through levels. I've completed the game once and I want with other heroes to complete it. Also I don't want to get banned for using maphack. For that I'm asking you. Thanks in advance.ShAdow12 Mar 8
Mar 5 Hardcore = you vs the internet Nuff said. You should never, ever die in this game, ever, unless your internet drops you.Praetorian4 Mar 5
Mar 4 Diablo 3 HC server outage Hey blizzard you just froze diablo3 hardcore servers just now and you killed me and 2 of my mates..... refresh our heroes as they were your servers doing....anjo13 Mar 4
Mar 2 leaving HC., was fun ~ welp time has come for me to finally depart from the Hardcore scene, lastnight was a killer night, yet again blizztard service has let me down, killing off another 200+ hr char of mine this time(thats 4 total-680hr, 490hr, 205hr, and this one), with 6 primal's and my first ever 100's gems, took me a long time to get that far she had 4.7m dmg highest toon ever was really nice ~ https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChampionNova-11788/hero/95289554 i've had it with the HC server blips and hiccups. i know, i KNOW it's not my end before you say so, know that i STREAM, and i can see live network activity and loss/gain of packets and traffic. see how its taking up CPU, and other resource(s). its also funny how when "my connection" messes with diablo, i never loose frames, or have any dropp% in network connectivity to streaming yet my instance of diablo will have the "lag" effect in game going on. e.i., i roll back when using a skill, i shoot my skill off nothing happen's... i hit mobbs 2 secs later it registers.. i mean the list goes on, yet NOTHING happening with my watcher on or dropping%/frame, stream lag...NOTHING...... so totally my end yeah. never mind the people im connected to in chat apparently i live in australia, all i see are australians talking and when i say something about it they give me shyt?! yeah nice NA connection, i thought they where suppose to be finland/eu connection... i won't fight 100000 times just to hear trolls on this dank forums say "its your connection im fine" no, no it's not. funny how JUST diablo is the only game i ever play that has the issue's and its only been worse SINCE the "migration". blizztard wont ever fess up for it either. lets face it Diablo servers where taken away its a dying game. so im done, btard u won, lost another player ~ i wont be telling my friends or recommending the game as of the service(s) have been poor all around. i'd say thats a bad thing marketing wise, since word or mouth and telling "friends/family/people" would be great for business, well i wont be helping. GL to the rest of you remaining HC players !ChampionNova10 Mar 2
Mar 2 RG fight preparation As the purple bar gets near the end, I find myself skipping mobs and bosses in mid section and have to find the exit. After I find the exit, I go back and try to finish the last pack near the exit knowing that I will proc cheat death several times during the fight. However, I still lost couple of toons as I was fleeing toward the portal with 2nd blast. Do you guys use different RG fight strategy (answer only if you are pushing)?redz067 Mar 2
Mar 2 Battle.dead update So i pushed a little bit on 78 greater Rift with my Witchdoctor today and OUT OF THE NOWHERE a Battle net notificaction pops me back into windows.... First thought.. WTF DEAD RIP. Pushed >>>no<<< in 0.000001 seconds to get back into the game. So i get back into the game for a microsecond and it pops UP AGAIN, and so on until i push the yes button. I barely survied with my hourglass proc. Any suggestions what i can do about it to get rid of this windows pullbacks?Antares3 Mar 2
Mar 1 To Split Haedrig's gift HC After reading quite a bit on the forums I have come to a desire to share my haedrig's gift between different toons. 2 gifts (4 piece) I want to give to my Crusader on Seasonal SC for better farm later during the season, its a chore to farm for me on the Crusader comparing to other classes but I loved the class since it came out and at that time I mostly played on PS3 and still love playing it. The last gift I want to give to my Wizard on HC. 1. They have changed the Firebird's 2 set bonus to the cheat death meteor thingy so love that, am I right? will this work? 2. What are your suggestions? how do you see this option? I am almost complete with 2nd chapter of the journey and would get the first gift soon. I am a relative noob at this, mind you. Played insane amount of D2 when I was a kid but without the multiplayer, being in a low internet facility country. Even D3 on PS3 I played all on Single player and solo bounties cause of the high ping and relative !@#$ internet back home. I am in China for my studies and this is the second season I am getting to play :).ZedSharif4 Mar 1
Feb 28 How to make me NOT play DH again Hi, It's been a while since I posted... before today I mean. But I'm having a really hard time to play a non-DH character. I really want to do Something else but I always default to DH because I know the class and it's a no-brainer. Do you have a tip for "people like that" ? I enjoyed monk and crusader a bit a while back and I tryed the Necro this season... but I don't like "Killing stuff in a 10 second window". So, what I think I will do next season is, not creating DH at all... not for farming paragon, not for giving me a kickstart... Nothing. But other than that, I really don't know what to play. I would like to play Something with a good thoughness that can endure few hits and stay in the crowd. Thanks in advance and have a great day! stay safe and alive =PRizar11 Feb 28
Feb 28 How do people get to rift 90 in one day there is a new season and people are already paragon level 600 and rift 90 with only 15 hours of playing, I thought hardcore and new season you start over how are they so far?FUZE5 Feb 28
Feb 28 Completing the Campaign on Hardcore I'd suggest that any softcore-only players out there try to tackle the entire campaign at least once in hardcore mode. HIstorically, I'm a softcore-only player in all video games, but I decided to give it a shot during the lull between seasons. It was a very satisfying experience to kill Malthael in the end, possibly moreso than when I killed him for the first time on softcore mode. (Also, here's a shout-out to Comcast for never disconnecting me from the game even once during the attempt.) The male Crusader occasionally discussed the real possibility of death in battle with Kormac and admitted at one point to having no apprentice yet to carry on his name if he died in battle, so I was glad that I chose him for the task: ...Cobaltus6 Feb 28
Feb 27 Crusader I am considering playing a Hardcore Crusader Invoker Thorns character. I am looking for thoughts and advice. Thanks. P.S. I am a senior citizen and my reflexes are not what they used to be.Omulane3 Feb 27
Feb 26 I love Hardcore and I died last night Season 13, Bell Monk on Hardcore, three days into the season I died at Paragon 505. I was mad but got back on and had built a whole stash tab of spares. Suited up and was doing T11 in no time. I love this game and Hardcore mostly because of the friends I have made on Hardcore. I do wish monk was tougher. BryceGOLDFARMER3 Feb 26
Feb 26 HC Reset Group HC Reset Group LF wiz/necro/monk/WD, Discord is necessary. Add me on Bnet if interested. Region: NA Flux#1561Flux5 Feb 26
Feb 26 HC New Season - Join Me hi, doing crusader T4 rifts, looking for ppl just as strong. Rowesy#1515Rowesy1 Feb 26
Feb 26 What's your season achievement so far? I started playing Saturday night. And by Sunday night I could solo T8 and GR 35, and did the first 4 chapter of season journey. P147 so far... Oh and I also spend most of my Sunday levelling up friends in Master difficulty. As I was P0-40 myself... what a drag :( Oh, and my friends all had a death, but I didn't! :pLloyd0 Feb 26
Feb 24 NS HC.... My post in the Clan forum hit nothing...so I'll give it a whirl here: Anyone have a Clan that is non- seasonal HC? If so I'd like to find a group to play with. I'm an old man, and I putter at my own pace so the Elite Leaderboard Smasher Clan is probably not the one for me. I've found some Communities to join, and play in so far. I'd like to find a small group of old farts - since the younger players are so obsessed with SPEED RUNSSSSS!!!!!!!!. Anyone like minded? I have a private TS server for VoIP. Add me if you like RokNRoleplay#1670RokNRoleplay5 Feb 24
Feb 24 Looking for people to level up with season Looking for people to level up with my Btag is buster#1698 P.S. I am rolling a monkBuster0 Feb 24
Feb 24 Need 2 Season 13 1-70 & Farming Group I will be playing z-necro along with a friend playing rat necro. We will be grinding all weekend looking for two others to fill our 4 man group to start season at 5pm PT. Prefer to find other serious players looking to rush to 70 and start grinding GR's. Ideally would like to find a zdps barb and competent dps player. I'll be on about 60 min prior to the start of the season. Add me if you are interested. Btag: elduche#1764elduche8 Feb 24
Feb 23 S13 reset group Looking to get a group together for the start of season 13 on hardcore, february 23rd @ 5pm pst. Will be rushing to be the 1st team to have the complete free set from season journey done I’ve got 1st in leaderboard before doing this and i’d like to do it again Will be playing DH or Necro depending on what the group need, I can use skype or discord, but i’m fine with using whatever you guys wanna use. Serious players only please, would be nice to start as soon the season hit and rush it until we’re at least para 200Jarlaxle14 Feb 23
Feb 23 Starting HC! So i play mosrly softcore, but decided I wanted to get some achievements in HC. I rolled a HC necromancer. Used the challenge week cache on it (I am saving season for softcore for guardian faster) i gambled my 500 blood shards and got the circle ring for the cube already. I take this as a sign from the gods to give HC a try. I know I need to play a lot different in playstyle, and that it will be a long hard road ahead of me. What I was wondering if there were any good necromancer guides for HC. I prefer Rath or Inarius. I can only find SC version of them. I know some obvious stuff like lower difficulty level, defense gems, cheat death passive, and such. Is it possibly to safely farm T1 at all. In all yellows though? I know my sets will drop there and Kadala. Or should I stay clear of that? I am spoiled to Soft core and only have done HC in d2 minus a monk I tried with a group of friends in d3 where someone tried to power level us and did a total party wipe on floor 3 T6 due to grotesques.ViktorLidor9 Feb 23
Feb 23 your 1-70 plans Hello fellow Nephalems :D, do you guys have any plans for this weekend? I hope a lot of us are 1-70 #nolife tonight! -how do you plan to level? rifts, bounties, halls of agony in A1 on repeat? -got any snacks you will have ready for the grind? If you didn't read online or realize and its not to late - do the Challenge Rift immediately after creating your seasonal character, should make levelling that much easier with the completion mats. Having the forge maxed and able to craft a couple 70 items to roll -levl req could make this the fastest 1-70 on opening night yet (i hope) lol.. goodluck everyone ,have lots of fun :)! I hope this season is a very active one even with not much change.Gravity3 Feb 23