Hardcore

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
Mar 23 Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ1072 Mar 23
Aug 20 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx74 Aug 20
Aug 20 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid163 Aug 20
Jul 17, 2016 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller85 Jul 17, 2016
18h Helping newbies ***Disclaimer***I do not think this is a thread already (or at least i did not see one) and if it is then I apologize in advance. I enjoy helping people in the game by PLing, PPLing, gearing, farming, etc. I mainly like helping those who are new to the game or those whom have not played in a while. If you need help with something...AzraellaAsh1295. Please do not make this a full on discussion. Tips for others are welcome and please, be respectful to one another. Thanks and Good Hunting.AzraellaAsh0 18h
23h Risk vs reward This isn't a topic for discussion honestly, I just want the devs to notice it. So instead of smart !@# responses lets just "bump" this. Pretty much everything in life is bases off of risk vs reward, jobs and their respective pay scales, the stock market, EXCEPT diablo 3 hardcore it would seem. Pretty much everyone in my clan with similar level/play time is fully geared, damn near all primals. Yet I have none, not just me either, a couple of the people in my clan that I convinced to roll a HC toon with said the drop rates seem no where near equal, yet HC is far more risky.... lets get some HC drop rate buffs, or at least keep it par with soft coreBankrupt0 23h
1d Thinking about doing SC next season.... Not sure why but I am really sick of HC. Or I shouldn't say that.... I don't know. I do hate SC to the core but I am just kinda over this game. Just want something to do until classic WoW comes out lol. Feel like I have done what I have wanted in HC. I usually push until my character dies but once it's dead I can't even get myself to log into the game anymore. As boring as SC is I kind of want a season where I just super gear out 1 char and just !@#$ around with builds. Not sure why... just sounds refreshing. Leader boards no longer interest me as unless you going to play most of the season someone just going to pass you with more time played.... which really annoys the %^-* out of me lol but I get that's basically what the game is so no reason to really care. Let the down votes commence lolDukus1 1d
1d A dumbass... less of a dumbass kid than U Toying with getting back into this after a decade or more... Yeah I know I'm old. honestly you are too if you're playing this. My brother and I have been entertaining the notion of playing this game as of late. firstly, there is no multiplayer, which means after a certain point, what's the !@#$ing point? that said, one can make a ... holy %^-* i just realized my time is being wasted .... !@#$ you and good day sir. you either get it or you don't. dude... just make a good game bruh...Chronocrat1 1d
3d Mass server drop? Error Code, sitting in a queue for D3 login (lol). Did the hamsters fall asleep? Got a 'temporary outage of the Blizzard service.' Holy crap did every HC person just eat a RIP right now?Squibbles1 3d
3d DC to battle.net I was just grinding some gr70s leveling up some legendary gems in a solo game. Then I get disconnected from blizzard. Log back in after about 3 minutes of being unable to connect to a dead character. I find this upsetting because I was going to push for leaderboards. I would like this character restored. I have lost characters before but never due to a DC....I feel cheated.Krazykilper1 3d
3d Suggestion: All Characters Start Hardcore Okay hear me out before the rage rolls in. As you all know, starting a character gives you a hardcore option and a seasonal option. Cool, allows you to choose the way you play your character. But I have a question or two: 1) Is there any substantial gameplay difference in hardcore, other than the finality of death? 2) If there is no difference, why aren't all character considered hardcore until they die? Losing a character on hardcore can feel like a waste of time, perhaps some people like crushing loss, but a crushing loss would perhaps not feel so severe if you got to keep the character after, also allowing all progress to transfer towards paragon after death, much like seasonal experience does. Is there any reason other vets can see a reason NOT to implement this?AudioElf8 3d
4d Death While Paused? I was doing a simple low level grift, a 65 to level some gems. My son needed my attention to repair his bike. During the repair my session timed out and I'm now looking at a login screen showing a dead character. Has this happened to any one else? I know the rules around HC and won't be looking for Blizzard to do anything but I didn't think it was possible to die while the game was paused.Belsaurn3 4d
Apr 10 Need help - power level HC seasonal Can someone please help me out with a power level - I'm currently level 53 in seasonal Hardcore. I wasn't paying attention and my previous character died and I'm finding the grind to level 70 to be a chore. My battletag is WHATABOUT#2232whatabout0 Apr 10
Apr 9 On a Good Day conquest "Six legendary gems to level 40" I have gogok, taeguk, botp, bott, pe, and esoteric at level 41+ and while I did get credit for the Gemocalypse achievement and the "I can't Stop" conquest, I did not get credit for the "On a Good Day" conquest. Is this a softcore only conquest?EmmetOtter12 Apr 9
Apr 8 WHY PLAY HARDCORE - The Definitive Answer A list of reasons of why Hardcore should be the only play style in Diablo. So much so, infact, one wonders if Blizzard will just make two types of "Hardcore" gameplay in Diablo 4, a time-ban upon death and a permanent death. But I digress.. Fear of Death Enhances Play Style - The primary reason why anyone plays is the increased adrenaline. While that seems like a lame answer, it isn't. Having my HC hero with only 1% of health left when getting trapped/bombarded by enemies is far more invigorating than a SC hero where if you die you'll go...meh. And respawn in the same damn place with little penalty given to you. Look, most games in any platform/genre have no real "death" per se. If you die, you can simply restore your last "save", which in some games is a few minutes ago, some literally a few seconds ago. This concept of when you die you die and you must start over was lost in the days of Nintendo when "saves" were few and far between. When its game over, ITS GAME OVER. GAME OVER MAN! Now, having a character die permanently seems like a drastic thing, but there's no denying your enjoyment in a game is highly increased as you fight enemies carefully instead of blindly going up against enemies twice, three times your size and if you die "oh well". No, in HC mode, you will plan, you will strategize, and you will be as careful as if you were there IRL. And that is a good thing. Every action you take has purpose. And it makes traversing the burning hells, sanctuary, and the high heavens much more fun. Paragon Levels is your saving grace in Hardcore - You know what this is. When Level 70 is reached, you start accumulating Paragon levels. These are permanent for your HC characters, meaning, if one hero dies and starts back at 1, they can apply all the points instantly and further, when they are at 70, you start with the paragon level progression as you last had. Why does this matter? Well, this is further enhanced by the fact of getting a lvl25+ gem of ease in your loot always. You can easily get a Level 1 hardcore hero to level 70 on lets say Torment 1 within an hour or two with simple grinding on your most powerful socketed weapon with this gem, as it moves the level requirement to 1. Hence, your Level 1 hero now is dishing out a million points of damage from the get go, and is gaining 2000+ exp per kill, on top of whatever else exp they get from enemies. So your Level 70 Monk was killed to a random pesky unit? All is lost? Not quite...while your on-set equipment may be gone, all you need is to restart with one of your most powerful weapons, an Ancient Legendary weapon works just fine, w/an ease gem and watch as you melt away enemies and gain 10 levels within a minute. And another 10, and another 10, and so on. You'll be back at the exact same level as you were, minus your equipment you had on death, in no time flat. Does it suck losing your equipment on death? Sure...but if you didn't, then HC wouldn't really be HC now would it? But the argument of losing a hero permanently isn't entirely true, following this method. Of course, this is only worth it if you have a lvl25 gem of ease, have a super powerful weapon with a socket, and don't mind recreating your dead hero, or perhaps, you change the gender/name, and give them their own purpose. Get both achievement types during playthrough - This is mostly on Blizzard and as such a cheap reason, but playing on HC will net you both SC and HC, so you don't have to worry about playing the game on SC alone to get those. While I am an achievement junkie I absolutely hate having to do achievements twice. This is primarily the reason I only play Hard/Brutal in SC2 and net them all at once. Same as in any other regular console game, to play on highest difficulty. So save yourself time, go HC and get all the achievements you need. Did I miss something? Anything else Blizzard should include (besides lag protection)? Sound off and I'll add them to the list!!OmegaWeaponX10 Apr 8
Apr 7 nm can you not delete posts thats weirdMallakai1 Apr 7
Apr 6 Getting a Tab Need a little help if possible. I play hardcore only. Solo only. I seem to be unable to get a tab after a season. This season I finished the story. Did all required tasks and got all armor and wings. I asked for help in getting a tab. I have never gotten one. A helpful person told me I need to "conquer". Well, what is that. I ran through the settings modes. Did "adventure" all the way at L4 torment. And played campaign until now I am near paragon 400, I am only shown as L21 after a greater rift. I guess I will play on and hope something happens. Thanks, if anyone has an ideaChezzwiz3 Apr 6
Apr 5 Hardcore, Softcore, Seasonal Why even bother! Hardcore, Softcore, Seasonal why even bother! Scaling is so screwed up in this game, especially low levels, when you cannot find someone to lvl up and you grind it out yourself. You reach a point where your gear is far superior to lvl your on, and "BAM" the scaling goes berserk and you run for your life. Nothing changed except your BS scaling bliz. Used to reasonable many seasons ago, now I come back, useless, the excitement, the thrill its gone. All because you listened to some moron thinking the changes would be good! Guess go back to COD!bonehead2 Apr 5
Apr 4 Need help with Tabs Hi, I play hardcore, solo, and have never gotten a tab. This current season I have gotten all prizes, wings but no tab. A helpful person said I must "conquer". Well, conquer what or where... I finished hardcore L70. Then did adventure mode at T-L4, and now I play campaign mode. Very soon I will pass paragon 400, but after a greater rift I am shown at only L21. I thought tabs were given when all prizes were won, including wings, but I appear to be wrong.... Is this just a hardcore thing where no tabs may be won? As you can see I do not ask many questions but advice would be appreciated if anyone knows about this. ThanksChezzwiz4 Apr 4
Apr 3 So you think you're a Guardian? (S16) Also known as... So you think you have Armory? So you think you can rank Top 100? Journey: Guardian (Season 16) Class: Barbarian (Hardcore) Build: Whirlwind Paragon: 762 Tier: Greater Rift 89 Solo Rank: 99 Skills... Battle Rage (Bloodshed) Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Overpower (Crushing Advance) Threatening Shout (Demoralize) Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant) Passives... Ruthless Nerves of Steel Superstition Relentless Boon of Bul-Kathos Kanai's Cube... The Furnace Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan Skull Grasp Gear... Wrath of the Wastes (6) - Wearing 5 set items because of Seasonal event. Mantle of Channeling Pride of Cassius (6 seconds) Convention of Elements Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Nemesis Bracers Hellfire Amulet Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) Gems... Pain Enhancer (Rank 70) Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 25) Bane of the Stricken (Rank 25) Notes: The last thing we did for journey was level up three gems to Rank 70. Swap Relentless for Rampage to run GR80s. Swap Striding Giant for Insanity to run GR70s (Primal). Aim for 57.91% Cooldown Reduction to Skills. This includes Diamond in Helm. Status Importance... 1. Cooldown Reduction 2. Critical Hit Chance 3. Strength 4. Vitality 5. Resistance 6. Critical Hit Damage 7. Whirlwind Damage 8. Physical Damage 9. Area Damage 10. Attack Speed Other notes: Sometimes lurking around in the Community Channels. Good luck to everyone!Sherwin8 Apr 3
Mar 31 Died, Need Some S HC Help 1-70 Looking for some friendly Help. Been a while since I don't play. Started going solo and died at level 52ish. Anyone able to help me 1-70? Let me know so I can add and possible times. I'm on a few times a day and just want some people to play with.CrippledKT2 Mar 31
Mar 29 HC WW Barb, I need your help ! Hey guys, Its been a few years since the last time I posted here, my friend persuaded me to come back to Diablo to try out HC, it should be fun he said. And it is. I went for this build: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/79501-whirlwind-t13-speed-king and let me tell you this, the biggest power spikes were once I got the full Wastes and then after I dropped my BK swords, after that I breezed through everything and my friend hated me for being so fast too. But once I hit GR60 I am afraid to go further as my dmg is no longer that high and my tankiness also isnt as it used to be. I mean I can tank almost anything with Ignore pain but I dont have a 100% uptime .. Then I realized I have to change this build a little so I can go higher GRs right? I have to sacrifice the speed of this build for more tankiness / damage and I looked a lot of barbs online or this forum but none of those builds is considering Hardcore mode and the fact that one of my passive slot has to be mandatory Nerves of steel There are many ways to approach this and I am not sure how. Should I sacrifice Sprint for WOTB and put some CDR on items? I tried Zodiac and it wasnt really helping the CD and uptime. And If I do go for CDR I must sacrifice Vita which takes my RAW toughness without ignore pain so I am not really sure what to do here. One thing is for sure, I dont want to go for Charge or Hota build so dont suggest that, also dont suggest those other two set swords (dont know their name) I want to keep the BK WW build and be able to Solo GR70-80 on Harcdore without worrying about dying. I am open to suggestions, THANKS A TON ! EDIT: also to add, I can only reach maximum furty 100% uptime if I go war cry fury generation talent or hexing pants in cube, both reduces my toughness cause I have to sacrifice either Aquila or some other runeBlade23 Mar 29
Mar 27 Primal solo 70 GR? If I die & I have primals unlocked already do I need to solo 70 all over again, TY!SeaBigBear3 Mar 27
Mar 22 Wht If The new seasonal char u made is U! xxGoVegan1 Mar 22
Mar 22 Gem lost upon consuming Ancestors' Grace Someone in my clan claimed that gem being lost when Ancestors' Grace is destroyed has been "patched." Thus claiming that the gem will end up in my inventory or mailed to me. Can someone confirm this, please?Ghost2 Mar 22
Mar 22 Server dissconnet we were just speed running GRs, and the whole game froze and everyone lost their guys. Maybe all of Australia? did the whole server dc and kill everyone? is there anything that can be done about thisBigMattyKane5 Mar 22
Mar 21 So you think you can Whirl(Hurricane)? S16 Paragon: 1395 Class: Barbarian Strength: 13660 Tier: Greater Rift 70 Speed Skills... Battle Rage (Swords to Ploughshares) Whirlwind (Hurricane) Ignore Pain (Bravado) Overpower (Crushing Advance) Threatening Shout (Falter) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Passives... Ruthless Nerves of Steel Boon of Bul-Kathos Rampage Kanai... The Furnace Frostburn Skull Grasp Gems... Taeguk Bane of the Powerful Gogok of Swiftness Gear... Wrath of the Wastes without Shoulders Mantle of Channeling Bul-Kathos's Oath Pride of Cassius Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Convention of Elements Nemesis Bracers The Ess of Johan Notes... Follower is optional. Rubies in Chest Armor and Pants. Diamond in Helm. Emeralds in Weapons. Cooldown to Skills at 57.91%. Cold Damage Increase at 60%. Whirlwind Damage Increase at 30%. Area Damage at 119%. Pickup Radius at 14. Maximum Life at 700k. Complete Greater Rift 70 under 2 minutes.Sherwin7 Mar 21
Mar 19 Cheat Death What is going on with the Cheat Death. I ask some people when playing if they had seen the same thing I seen this season. I don't know if it is me, but my Cheat Death has only kick in about 3 times this season. Plus that is when I first started out. I have seen people at 2200 to 2500 on paragon in HC. 250 to 300 hrs on they characters. I have played HC for about 5 seasons and never seen this before. Plus it is a lot people up there on paragon too. Even last season wasn't like this. I know it could have something to do with the new buffs. But everybody dies in HC at least once or twice or more every season. Yes I had one death this season and it was my fault too got to agreedy. Plus I was at lvl 25 or 30 when it happen. I build all my characters the same way no matter if I'm in SC or HC. Plus it has been this way for every season I have played, I don't change gears. So is just me seeing this or is there other people that have seen too. That where the cheat death doesn't kick in as much as has in the past.BigRed2 Mar 19
Mar 18 Death for no reason What happens when you have enough toughness to get hit multiple times by an elite mob before you'd be close to dying and then you get one shot from full hp by a white mob while BoM and AC buffs are up? Has anyone experienced this?AuthenticX1 Mar 18
Mar 18 diablo immortal hardcore? will there be a hardcore mode for dimmo?Lasagna21 Mar 18
Mar 17 How to stop disconnects & lag. 1) turn off your router for 5 minutes and turn back on. (This will clear the router) 2) Open an Administrator Command Prompt a) type without the quote, add space after the g in ipconfig " ipconfig /release " hit enter let run. b) type without the quote, add space after the g in ipconfig " ipconfig /renew " hit enter let run. c) type without the quote, add space after the g in ipconfig " ipconfig /flushdns " hit enter let run. type 'exit' and hit enter when done with these instructions. You will find lag and 1016 error disconnects happen less frequently. also do this once a week and your HC play will be more profitable!Chetanji9 Mar 17
Mar 16 Many years gone by, same old complaints seriously, i don't play for like 4+ years, come back to check the hardcore forums on a whim and every topic is the same old dumb !@#$..... I DIDNT" REALL YDIE PZL REOLL ME BACK IT WAS LAGX OR BUGZdarkmatter3 Mar 16
Mar 13 Seasonal Journey completed All the way through guardian! I play solo so sometimes the conquests are hard. I wanted to say something....econrad4 Mar 13
Mar 13 East servers for west players generally havent ever really been that notably different until a couple weeks ago, but I would highly recommend people play on the one of the two if in Americas that you get lower ping on because the further servers seem to be unstable -- for groups usually go with the DPS' server what can you do tho.Darth1 Mar 13
Mar 10 HC NS Any HC NS players out there? If so and looking for other players hit me up,I'm only para 1200,have dh,sader,monk .Battletag aerialattack#1720,am on central time.aerialattack1 Mar 10
Mar 7 my hardcore seasonal stream www.twitch.tv/meditation101 Har har har !GoVegan0 Mar 7
Mar 6 Primal Grand Vizier GR Boss dropped a nice Primal Grand Vizier but I just can't see it being a better alternative to my Deathwish and Etched Sigil combo. I already have the GV cubed for my Firebirds meteor build. Anyone know or think it could be a viable alternative to DW and ES? Or know of a build that uses Grand Vizier in the weapon slot?Skafloc0 Mar 6
Mar 6 Enter the HARDCORE Noobie guide to hardcore mode. Some people may be scared to enter the hardcore mode in fear they will loose everything. It’s actually not that bad. Check it out and enjoy eazy out https://youtu.be/Yfy0MbScNagEazytarget1 Mar 6
Mar 2 So you think you can Torment? (S16) Background: Near the start of Season 16 I was approached by another player in game. I was found from the Barbarian Leadarboard using the Whirlwind skill. The person asked a very specific question. The question was in the line of the following statement: "What is the best way to Whirlwind through Torment 13 Rifts?" The best way I can show others or guide them through this build needs to be simple. No Augments or Area Damage on gear in Season 16. We will talk about what gear to wear and how to enchant this gear. It is very possible to complete Greater Rift 60 within 2 minutes as I have already achieved GR70 within 2 minutes while Paragon 1246. Twitter Screenshots: https://twitter.com/sherwinjtb/status/1099084046771019776 Season 16 Event (Ring of Royal Grandeur): Mantle of Channeling Due to the seasonal event, we are able to add another item to our Armory. We prefer Mantle of Channeling for the Reduced Damage, but Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan is another option with greater risks. Legendary Gems: Taeguk (Rank 90) Bane of the Trapped (Rank 64) Bane of the Powerful (Rank 83) Keep in mind that the Legendary gems we use listed above is for speed runs. We use different gems for progression (Bane of the Stricken, Gogok of Swiftness, and Esoteric Alteration). Gems: Rubies in Chest Armor and Pants Diamond in Helm Emeralds in Weapons For a slower and safer run, we can still use Diamonds in Chest Armor and Pants. Diamond in Helm is preferred. Emeralds in Weapons for more damage, but we can squeeze in a Gem of Ease for more Experience. Bracers: Nemesis Bracers Nemesis Bracers to spawn more Elites. Finish the Rift sooner with more enemies to kill. Lacuni Prowlers is also optional in places such as The Vault or Greed runs. Jewelry: The Star of Azkaranth Convention of Elements or Skull Grasp Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Great! We don't have to farm Infernal Machines to craft Hellfire Amulets. The Star of Azkaranth is great for being immune to Molten Explosions and anything Fire. Convention of Elements or Skull Grasp depending on what's already in Kanai's Cube. Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for more Cooldown. We prefer Ignore Pain and Wrath of the Berserker to be active all the time. Set: Wrath of the Wastes (Everything, but Shoulders) Bul-Kathos's Oath We would normally put Mantle of Channeling in Kanai's Cube, but Season 16 allows us this extra slot. Wrath of the Wastes is our Whirlwind build set. Our weapons of choice is Bul-Kathos's Oath because of the Fury generation. We don't really like Istvan's Paired Blades. Kanai's Cube: In-geom Chilanik's Chain Skull Grasp The next thing we have to keep in mind is what items to Extract Legendary Powers. We use In-geom (10 seconds Cooldown) for speed and The Furnace (50% Elite Damage) for progression in the Weapons slot of Kanai's Cube. Chilanik's Chain (40% Movement Speed) for speed and String of Ears (30% Reduce Melee) for Progression on the Belt slot. Skull Grasp (400% Whirlwind) or Convention of Elements (200% Damage) for the Jewelry slot. Enchanting: Aim for 40% Physical Damage Increase (Amulet and Bracers) Aim for 30% Whirlwind Damage Increase (Helm and Boots) Aim for 57.91% Cooldown (Shoulders, Weapons, Gloves, Rings, Amulet) Aim for 16 Pickup Radius (Shoulders, Gloves, Helm, Chest Armor, Pants, Boots, Bracers) Critical Hit Chance (Helm, Gloves, Rings, Bracers) 500k-600k Life 10k-15k Strength 15k-20k Life Regeneration 30k Life per Hit 500-1000 life per Fury Spent Toughness is going to be an issue here depending on Experience. 500k Life is more than enough to run through Torment 13, but the more the merrier. Life per Hit is our most important Life gains. We can use Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid or Bottomless Potion of Regeneration. We can probably survive without any Life per Kill or Life per Fury spent. Life Regeneration can help with some lag issues or longer fights. Follower (Enchantress): Smoking Thurible (Cannot Die) Azurewrath (Lightning Damage) Wyrdward (35% Stun) Oculus Ring (85% Damage) Overwhelming Desire (Bounty Reward from Act 3 or 4) Followers can be useful every now and then. The skills we use on our Enchantress includes Forceful Push, Missile Ward, Erosion, and Focused Mind. Skills: Battle Rage (Bloodshed) - Area Damage Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) - Restore Life (Hurricane is also optional if we have enough Life per Hit) Ignore Pain (Bravado) - Movement Speed (Iron Hide if not enough Cooldown) Ovwerpower (Crushing Advance) - Toughness War Cry (Veteran's Warning) - Movement Speed with Chilanik's Chain Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) - Movement Speed and Damage (Striding Giant for Progression) Passives: Ruthless - Damage Nerves of Steel - Survival Boon of Bul-Kathos - Keeps Wrath of the Berserker active Rampage - Toughness and Damage (This skill is practically useless in Progression)Sherwin3 Mar 2
Feb 28 3rd Conquest for a solo wizard? Looking to get Guardian. The leveling of gems and the GR55 with 6 sets conquests are pretty straightforward. Is there another conquest doable in S16 by a solo wizard? The others look pretty much undoable.econrad3 Feb 28
Feb 26 Missing Dmg Output Hi all, I'm a jade harvester wd. I was playing for an hour today when my soul harvest ability stopped doing any dmg. Of course the mobs were affected by both locust swarm and haunt, yet nothing happens. I wear ok-ish gear. (JH set, ring of emptiness, travellers pledge...) I quit the game and logged back in but the result remains the same. Did anyone ever experience the same issue? What can be done? Thanks!Fichtelzwerg5 Feb 26
Feb 26 Hardcore character dead with game closed? Character died when exiting out of a rift? I hit the exit button and the game closed then later when I reopened the game it said my character was dead? I figured if the game was closed and exited that my character couldn't die?EverangeR2 Feb 26
Feb 26 Hardcore 3.0 NextGen Ideas Just wanted to capture some thoughts and suggestions Blizzard might want to use for a 3.0 major patch for Diablo 3, specifically, related to Hardcore mode. This is just a basic idea, but if anyone has additional ideas feel free to sound off below. Current Mode Benefits - Specific Hardcore achievements and heightened play style New Mode Benefits: Increased gold and experience, scaled. That is, if you play on Normal (100% exp/gold), you instead get 150%, assuming perhaps a 1.5x increase. This would be scaled, such that, if you play on Expert at 200%, you would instead get 300%. As Torment difficulties go up, so does the benefits as the added risk of dying increases. Additional hero models. You can customize your hero with a variety of unique customizations including, but not limited to, Face, Height, Weight, Hair, Eyes, Skin, etc. Now, while this could easily be used on any game mode with a 3.0 update, it may have more benefit for Hardcore being that if they die, that unique character would appear in the halls. A fun customization feature. Increased Rare/Immortal/Set item drop chance. The simple fact of Hardcore being so extreme should account for you getting a higher chance at better items than standard gameplay. I would argue this should scale based on difficulty, such that, the drop chance would be increased by 1% scaled such as if Standard Normal drop chance for a Rare Sword is 2% for condition xyz, then Hardcore would have this at 3%. Scaled upwards by +1% increase per difficulty, a Torment 1 difficulty would have this at +5% drop rate. Unique set items. Hardcore players also should have the chance to get special unique set loot once they hit Level 70. Another "thank-you" for sticking around with a Hardcore character till then. Special PvP battles whereby a Hardcore hero can fight another Hardcore hero, and only 1 survives. As it stands now, PvP is for anyone, but no deaths are permanent. This would be a special condition only for Hardcore heroes who wish to battle to the death. The victor would, beyond some sort of bragging rights, some sort of unique tracker to identify how many hardcore heroes they've taken out. Thoughts?OmegaWeaponX7 Feb 26
Feb 26 Wizard Shield questions Running Firebirds with the usual items for a Meteor build this season. The only real difference is that I've added Blizzard to Meteor and Arcane Torrent for my 3 fire skills for firebirds bonuses to proc. I was still getting destroyed a lot and relying on the Firebirds revive to save me more times than I was comfortable with in HC. So I've switched my Ancient Parthan Defenders to Ashnagarr's Bloody Bracer and changed a passive to Dominance and changed Magic Weapon to Deflection. I've noticed a huge drop in near-death incidents. What I'm wondering though is how does the shield buff from Ashnagarr's work with both Dominance and MW Deflection? Do the skills stack together or if they don't should I just have one skill rather than both and which one? MW Deflection appears to be the better one. Currently around tier GR 59 and Paragon approx 485. thanks in advance.Skafloc0 Feb 26
Feb 24 Just like the old times.....lag. Worst lag I've seen this season. ~9:03 EST. Goodnight all.Shire2 Feb 24
Feb 22 Claiming Haedrig's Gifts I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this, but I think that it should be changed if it can. I am aware and understand that you can only claim one Haedrig's gift set. I completed the first 4 chapters of the season journey on the softcore side, and thought that I would be able to claim the Haedrig's Gift sets on HC. Is that something that is even possible? If it is, I would like to be able to claim them since I already completed the objectives on softcore. Even though I will never claim them, I don't have the opportunity to get them on HC now.ShadeSlayer7 Feb 22
Feb 21 Can anybody help me get to lvl 70? I'm just beaten guys, I lost lvl 60 character, and this is like a 4th character this season, by being stupid and don't have the spirit to carry on… I have completed the last season just to see my strongest character die at the end with the set that I got for winning the season 15... Can anybody just find it in their heart's and give me a boost… And before anybody asks this, I would rather stop playing then switch to soft...TheEvilAlex3 Feb 21
Feb 21 Stupid death Hello everyone, I'm really new to hardcore mode, so i tasted my first death. A stupid one. I was at normal difficulty, act 2, with my monk (lv 43). It was night, after a terrible day at work (busy as hell) so i was playing without paying so much attention to the game. My character was strong so Nothing to alert me when i was playing. Then a rare mob comes with lots of normal ones and my life was getting up and down but, hey, i can handle it...i was saying myself. Suddenly, the message showed up : 'you're dead". .... But, i create a new char in HC seasonal because i really enjoy this mode. I read lots of topics about things to do or not but i wonder how much this game is played. Current players still play HC mode ?Shigu1 Feb 21
Feb 21 Crusader Death (Eridani) - 130 hours and i totally believe that's not a lot of hours for most of you veterans here, but the sting is real. i haven't looted any primals, haven't completed a whole set yet, but got to bank a few greens with this first character. i wasn't drunk, felt good about my AOE build on Greater Rifts, but died to a bounty Urzael. to be more specific, i had killed him, his death announcement was in my message box, but either i was "standing in fire" or on fire at the time, but i died shortly after he did. 130 hours ago, i returned to this game after years away and enjoyed a character that banked legendary and green gear for other alts, and put up a decent start of 220 paragon. my next crusader will be also named "Eridani", because that is our crusader way, from apprentice to master. live and die. brothers.Kwan13 Feb 21