Hardcore

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
Nov 30 Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ931 Nov 30
Oct 29 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx72 Oct 29
Jul 17 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller84 Jul 17
May 11 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid154 May 11
2h First Steps in to HC Just thought I would say hi to the HC community. Have been playing Diablo since D1 and have never really done the whole HC thing. Saw the blizzcon stuff about the necromancer so decided to dust of D3 but wanted something different. So have finally decided to take the leap in to HC. Going with a barb for my first chara, want the extra protection to avoid dying :)Moojor17 2h
2h What was your most stupid way to die I got killed while leveling by a falling tree... :-)Gwayne41 2h
2h Finding that Balance Hi guys. Just got into HC and I dont see myself going back to sofcore no matter how many times I die! i'm fairly new to the game and even newer when it when it comes to HC game play. I'm noticing my play style is needing to change drastically from how I play softcore. Part of that change is needing to shift from being all out offensive to being a bit more defensive. However, I'm having trouble finding the balance of the two. Can anyone give me advice on what to look for that would tell me whether I need to decrease my defense in order to increase my dps and vice versa?Carnix16 2h
6h Make Ferawesomnality Great Again (MFANGA) So they're finally bringing back MY favorite class from D2...the Necromancer and I, for one, am stoked. To honor this moment (and the fact that I've rediscovered my love of the Monk thanks to Fishy) I would like relaunch this doomed-to-fail rankings thread. You all know the rules...so tell me your favorite class and what aspect of another game you'd like to see D3 include.marmoset21 6h
1d How many Deaths to "DDos" this season alone? This season I have died to supposed DDOS attacks five times so far. That is more than all other seasons combined, and I am only counting times where there were mass disconnects, It seems like this happens twice a week. How are we supposed to play this game on Hardcore if we are constantly dying from disconnect without warning? Right now it is so hard to get a group together because no one wants to play DPS and lose a fully Caldessaned character because D/C's are so frequent. The time it takes to level gems: If you were to assume 100% success rate and that you are only doing gems to Caldessan on your main character + 3 DPS gems and you wanted this character to be competitive, as most of us do that play regularly. Then in order to just get your fully ancient geared character to a level where they can DPS for leaderboards position solo or group -> 16 Gems, 13 for Caldessans @ level 90 This means you have to run a minimum of 360 Greater Rifts @100% success paying for the empowered every time- and this is the best possible situation. The fastest groups will only get 1 GR key a minute. That means 6 hours nonstop of rifting just for the greater rift keys no breaks. That is a lot of time played just simply for the leveling of the Caldessans, much less the very necessary bounty runs to reroll gear in order to get the desired stats. Now lets take a look at how many D/C's there has been this season as recorded by my clan leader, who does, despite popular belief sleep from time to time. "Aug 2 - We are currently investigating reports of login issues. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and we hope to have this resolved soon! Aug 2 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games. Aug 3 - We are currently investigating reports of login issues. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and we hope to have this resolved soon. Aug 3 - We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. Aug 4 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games. Aug 23 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games. Aug 24 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games. Aug 24 - We are currently investigating a new series of DDOS attacks against network providers, affecting latency/connections to our games/Bnet Aug 24 - We are aware of an issue that is affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. Aug 30 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games. Aug 30 - We're currently investigating a new DDoS event that is impacting player connections. Updates to follow! Aug 31 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games. Sept 9 - We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. Sept 13 - We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. Sept 16 - We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. Sept 18 - We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. Sept 18 - We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games." ^ This is Blizzard's CS Twitter Account tweets after DC's this season. I want to be clear, I am not saying Blizzard is to blame for the DDOS attacks against them, whether or not the groups doing the DDOS feel Blizzard has provoked them. What I will say though is that this part "attack against network providers" they keep repeating to us is malarkey.. yes I went there. 100% malarkey - A couple people in my clan that were disconnected had roommates or wives playing a Blizzard game, were not disconnected. So if they are sitting on a computer next to a person and one gets DC'd, the other doesn't that means that it is not an attack on the ISP, but rather on Blizzard. If this isn't enough evidence for you to conclude that these groups were attacking Blizzard and not the ISPs then lets look at one of their Twitter pages http://imgur.com/IUUij41 They aren't shy about what they do, which I believe is sort of the point. Blizzard, like any large company is going to take steps to deflect liability, I think the general Blizz Customer understands this. (edit: continued next post)Darth67 1d
1d The hate is strong... The hate is strong on the general forums…. Nice to see some of the “old timers” posting here. A lot less hate… if Haters don’t like the game and think D2 was the greatest thing since sliced bread why don’t they play it and stop !@#$%ing? Or is it just that generations way of dealing with things? In my opinion this was the best ~$60 I have spent in a long time.MaddogXXX27 1d
1d Any friendlies wanna help? LF friendly player to plvl me up. Late to season :(Miasma12 1d
1d newbie here asking tips i have the game about 6 months.im still enjoying it but i really want to try hardcore mode.but my problem that always made me ignore this mode is that im afraid to lose my character and all my hard work due to a bad internet connection.specifically disconnecting from service.is there any safety net for losing a character due to dc? does blizz supp ressurect your character or something? disconnecting from service is very rare for me but sometimes when the weather is bad we may be blacked out for a second.and thats all that needs to lose your hardcore character.can you pls tell me your opinions?JackFrost17 1d
2d Looking back on happier times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNn62tpA-QI "I didn't even see my life drop!"Endeavor21 2d
2d Hello sweeties Ah, yes. A RoRG drop and then another. Two bounties in a row with RoRGs. So nice. So very nice. Just need 3 more items and I will DESTROY ALL!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PS: That's not a Dr. Who reference (I haven't watched that since the Tom Baker days)EmmetOtter12 2d
3d HC Seasonal Monks?? HC seasonal monk (very low paragon) -- but looking for some other monks to rift / bounty ... add me if you would like! Xcessive#1293Xcessive2 3d
3d Stash tips Hey long time player (and also long time breaker here, just hit by the forum bug and nostalgic of my Wizarderess) In softcore I have relatively little trouble managing my stash. One of each item at most. But in HC I have much more problem. Since death in unavoidable I try to have 2 or 3 spare of each set and cool items. As I play more and more classes (4 so far in HC) my stashes get really full... :S How do you guys with multiple HC characters in multiple classes do? How many spare do you have? for each set? what about ancient cool legendaries/Lloyd10 3d
3d Lag fix. Disable Microsoft .NET framework. /lagRav1n7 3d
3d Recommended HC Barb build Hello all, I have been away from D3 HC and recently came back playing a barbarian. Can someone please answer these 5 questions I have about how to make a great HC Barbarian: 1. What skills to use? 2. What armor to wear? 3. What weapons to use? 4. What gems to use? 5. How to allocate Paragon Points; in what order? Doing research on the internet, it is hard to find Hardcore Season 8 Barbarian builds which show you exactly the 5 things I'm looking for. All too often, you don't find many HC builds and the ones you do find only have 1-3 of the 5 things I want to know on my list. If I was rich, I would pay money for a D3 Barbarian expert to travel to my location and spend a day consulting with me on how to best develop a HC Barbarian. Thanks for your time and help!Hardrake2 3d
3d WD HC help for PS4 Hey everyone, Just started playing diablo 3 again and made a WC on HC. Shes lvl 54 and im looking for end game build and gear tips. Ive realised that the console version dont have seasons and such but im wondering if the same advice works for consoles. And recomendations and advice would be great!Harvey2Tall2 3d
5d PS4 Players New to the console, and I only play HC along with my girlfriend. Having a hard time building gear sets as I can't find anyone to run anything with. Currently working on a hammerdin, anyone wants to toss me some junk holler at me, will gladly return the favor or run with you anytime. My psn tag is jvmccann. Hit me up, thanks!Leafi1 5d
5d Which cls has most revive/invincible chance? I knew wizard has 3 revive chances and 1 sort of invincible chance: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King( has chance to revive ) Passive skill Unstable Anomaly( revive ) Firebird set effect( revive ) Diamond Skin( absorb huge amount of damage ) Is other class has more chance?Ildun18 5d
6d So you think you can Rank Top 20 (Season 8)? Profile (SherwinJTB): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sherwin-6277/hero/81786690 Class: Barbarian Paragon: 870 Greater Rift: 77 (Solo) Rank: 18 Gear Bonuses: +13320 Strength Reduces cooldown of all skills by 52.3% +997 Resistance to All ELements Regenerates 46329 Life per Second +4234 Vitality Gear: Death Watch Mantle St. Archew's Gage Leoric's Crown (Diamond) Aquila Cuirass (Diamonds) Chilanik's Chain Pox Faulds (Diamonds) Illusory Boots Sanguinary Vambraces Overwhelming Desire Oathkeeper (Topaz) Hack (Topaz) Set: Legacy of Nightmares Gems (Rank 70+): Bane of the Stricken Boyarsky's Chip Bane of the Trapped Inventory: Bottomless Potion of Regeneration Skills: Frenzy (Maniac) Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Ignore Pain (Iron Hide) Overpower (Crushing Advance) War Cry (Impunity) Threatening Shout (Demoralize) Passive (Nerves of Steel, Superstition, Tough as Nails, Relentless) Kanai's Cube: Bastion's Revered Pride of Cassius Unity Follower (Templar): Unity Oculus Ring The Ess of Johan Coven's Criterion The !@#$%er's Sickle Enchanting Favor (Your follower cannot die) Follower Skills: Heal, Loyalty, Onslaught, Guardian Notes: Pride of Cassius is in Kanai's Cube as crafting for 6 seconds is the most time consuming. Having some Physical Damage on Bracers and Amulet helps. Threatening Shout (Falter) does not reduce damage taken. A little annoying when the Templar stuns the Rift Boss. Nemesis Bracers helps if there are Pylons/Shrines around! Sometimes killing white trash mobs is more than enough when there's a good crowd. Other Notes: Currently have over 1.6 billion gold and 15 Puzzle Rings remain. Going overseas to Philippines in December.Sherwin7 6d
6d Zdps Monk lookin for grifts Zdps Monk lookin for groft buddys for 75-80s vcurently add me!KtHoskins0 6d
6d want my stash tab Looking to finish up conq. objectives for the stash tab,was wondering if there are others that would like to join. add me aerialattack#1720aerialattack1 6d
6d S7 (and S8?), HC, Solo-only Due to my crazy schedule, looks like I'll be solo only this season. If anyone else wants to have a solo-only, HC leaderboard for Season 7, I'm happy to maintain this thread for that. I'll be running a monk and starting some time between 5pm US west coast time today, and Sunday morning. Regardless of whether the leaderboard gets posted, feel free to spin tales about your solo-only adventures in Season 7 below. Edit: Leaderboard (Grift 60 or higher) -------------------------------- *. CyLaNt - S2/M2 FOK DH, Grift 87, 14:55, p 867*"exception of a couple runs with some clan members" (rank 10, S7 solo HC US DH leaderboard) 1. Rougal - HT WD, Grift 84, 14:10, p1074 (rank 26, S7 solo HC US WD leaderboard) *. Berronax - HT WD, Grift 82 13:23, p650 "I did do bounty runs in a group" (rank 107, S7, solo HC EU WD leaderboard) 2. Tunguska - HT WD, Grift 81, 14:42, p752 (rank 63, S7 solo HC US WD leaderboard) 3. Tracon - UE DH, GR 78, 14:13, Paragon 740 (rank 121, S7 solo HC US DH leaderboard) 4. Blimpy - SWK LTK Monk, Grift 71, 14:38, p720 (rank 265, S7 solo HC US monk leaderboard) *. Sherwin - Thornzy Barb, Grift 68, 14:31, p?, "mostly solo" (rank 325, S7 solo HC US Barb leaderboard)Blimpy49 6d
Dec 1 Housekeeping Help Got the bug for the game once again and decided to install D3. But I have a ton of garbage in my stash and on every single hero and I'm looking to trim that down to just 1 non-seasonal hero for each class (my extra's will probably get rebirthed for seasonal play or visit a nudist beach in France). I've already made my decision on the monk (keep the Ranged WoL Inna set) but what should I keep for Wiz, Barb, Crusader, DH and Doc? Don't just go by what you see in my profile because every one of those heroes inventory is stuffed with junk. I'm leaning towards keeping a marauder DH and a helltooth/manajuma chicken run doc (unless Blizz nerfed the fun out of those) but I'm not really firm on that. The rest I'm completely up in the air about. Thanks in advance for positive help.EmmetOtter14 Dec 1
Dec 1 LF T13 5 min Rift carry I suck. I'm not even gonna try to deny it. I drive like a grandma. Speed runs are my bane. Can trade a few Puzzle Rings or Power Level if needed.BobWitchDR8 Dec 1
Dec 1 Gonna need some help... I was running fine thinking I was gonna get a brand new shiny stash tab. Then I popped into a GR 58 and was greeted at the door by a yellow guy and his blue buddies. I wont lie, I panicked and died. I was bummed out for sure but I came back strong and was running T10 rifts and GR53's comfortably. While running around looking for the cursed peat for Stars Align last night I lost the connection and didn't make it. What I need for the tab: T12 rift under 6 - done T13 rift under 5 - May have this one too. I didn't see it pop but my achievements show on 12/1 I got "Professional Rift Runner" for rift under 3 min. I can't tell because I have one left in Destroyer so I can't see Conqueror. GR60 solo Greed T13- Done Izual T13- Done 2 conquests At this point I think the hardest thing for me will be the GR60 since I can get help with everything else. I'm just not sure I will be able to level gems or even have enough normal gems to augment my gear. I have a complete set of backup gear but only one piece is ancient i believe. I always play solo but I think I may not have enough time for that now. Maybe 20 days or so left in the season??? Not sure. I've never been power leveled so I may die doing that idk. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.Ponder4 Dec 1
Nov 30 Plvl plz currently 55 or even play with me Anyone care to help =) currently just grinding away like a peasant hahaha add me if you'd like to join inURbad#1483inURbad0 Nov 30
Nov 30 Best 2 man team? Playing hardcore with my girlfriend, on ps4. She prefers demon hunter but will play anything that isn't melee oriented. What is best 2 man team for pushing grifts? Want to get practice in before seasons hit consoles. Any advice that includes reasoning would be much appreciated. Thanks!Leafi1 Nov 30
Nov 30 looking for people to play with :( i recently started to play d3 again i always wanted to play hc in d3, so im raising a monk as my first character it's been easy so far, got to paragon 70ish (yea i know, it's low) but running grift and adventure mode by youself gets old pretty quick ive searched some communities and guilds, but none of them seems to respond to my message/application general chat is completely dead for hc, there is no public games anyone interested to play together?razr5 Nov 30
Nov 30 things you shouldn't do I just recently switched from Playing D3 on the xbox 360 to the pc and decided that I was going to pretty much only play HC so I'm still not very far in yet but already find myself making decisions that will get me killed. Such as chasing a gob through quite a few mobs and an elite pack of "very fast" with minions. almost didn't make it out of that one. what are your horror stories of near fatal or super fatal mistakes?VekoEros5 Nov 30
Nov 30 Hello there Lookin for fellow hardcore gamers to play with. add me I'm geared pretty well just want more people to play with I will help y gear as well kthoskins#1771 also when is this gonna work again my d3 crashed or somethingKtHoskins0 Nov 30
Nov 29 Died due to Bug, Have video Proof.. Well title says it all... https://www.twitch.tv/potusppanda/v/98040891 Skip to 8:22m mark... Game was running fine until then... Did my first rift just fine then couldn't move like 1m into my second rift...Even had shield buff and got disconnected with 40s left on buff.. I thought the game was supposed to log you out after such amount of time of being disconnected...How was I able to stay logged in, with the buff and my Awareness buff and still die? Contacted support and gave them my info along with video..Told me that they couldn't do anything about it and to make a suggestion on the forums... No wonder this game is dying..No content and the only excitement comes from playing HC...Yet I don't even want to play HC anymore when they are having stupid issues like this...Things always seem to go wrong when they have updates of some sort...and guess what started today...Blizzcon week and OW Open..Like are things that screwed that other games are causing issues within other games.. I'm confused and getting sick of getting screwed out of my competitive nature because Blizzard keeps having issues. I'm tired of not being compensated for their mistakes EVEN WITH FREAKING VIDEO EVIDENCE. Support stated they have no way to restore things outside of WoW...No wonder your other games are dying Blizzard...You don't have ANY TRUE SUPPORT for the competitive players..who are most likely the ones keeping your games alive with THEIR MONEY. Done with Diablo now....You can take your seasons and your game and shove it blizz, as you've told me to do with my(your) issues 4 times in a row now... When you want to restore what you've wronged then I'll come back..but I doubt it'll happen this season so bye bye.PotusPanda8 Nov 29
Nov 29 Set Dungeons . . .meh. I will be the first to admit. . .I am very lame at Set Dungeons. Always have been. If I pass them - it's pure luck. . .If I master one (VERY rare) then I am normally so frustrated that I never set foot in them again. The only reason I do them at all is because it is required as part of the seasonal progression. I wish this was not so. I wish the Devs would remove this requirement. . .and make them optional. But make them more rewarding for those who choose to frustrate themselves. Right now there is no real incentive to do a set dungeon other than the absurd requirement to do so in order to progress in the season. If they removed them from the game altogether that would be cool too. . .but hey- just uncouple them from seasons and I will be happy. Or at a minimum- have the Slayer and Conqueror levels be 'complete' a set dungeon. . .and Guardian be 'master' a dungeon.WhiteOwl6 Nov 29
Nov 28 D2 Ladder reset More hype than anything D3 has ever brought lol. Just go to the D2jsp forums and look at all the different sub forums and read the hype for another reset. More hype and posting/action than D3 has seen since launch! Wake up blizzardBrbWiFeNaKeD6 Nov 28
Nov 28 Augments and hardcore Just some random thoughts I felt like posting lol... So I've been playing quite a lot this season and spending a ton of time investing into augments. Which crept a disturbing thought into my head for the past few days. Could augments actually be a "good" thing for hardcore and what hardcore needed? I find them tedious and annoying as much as everyone else but at the same time I realized that augments is pretty much the only thing of value associated with my characters that I would really hate to lose. Blizzard has removed and nerfed everything else about our characters to the point that until they added augments, dying in hardcore became a minor setback as opposed to a big deal. Leveling to 70 is nothing. You keep all paragon. Great ancients are hard to replace but everything else rains from the sky and is fairly inconsequential. You can quickly get back to where you were minus a few gr levels. The only thing left are these stupid augments which are a giant pain in the butt to accumulate and certainly make me more wary about dying. In some weird twisted way, they also give a permanence of sorts to your character (like we had stats and skills in D2) because you can't just swap around augments between different pieces of gear and different builds. They really do define your main character from your alts. The carebear in me hates having such a massive investment tied into a single character instead of it being account-bound (and I'm not even sure that it's a good system at all) but I can sort of appreciate the side-effect that it has had on hardcore mode. And mine aren't even high level. I decided that lvl60 augments would be my speed-sweet-spot based on how much I play (mostly solo) so that i don't burn myself out too fast. Anyone else had similar thoughts?Pzypro8 Nov 28
Nov 28 So you think you can Power-Level? Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sherwin-6277/hero/81263056 Paragon: 803 Gear: Wrath of the Wastes (6) Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) Nemesis Bracers (Bracers) Pride of Cassius (Belt) Skull Grasp (Ring) Convention of Elements (Ring) Hellfire Amulet (Animosity) Gear Bonuses: +10270 Strength +5043 Vitality 44.9% Cooldown +836 Resistance 12 Yards Pickup Gems: Bane of the Stricken (Rank 50) Pain Enhancer (Rank 50) Wreath of Lightning (Rank 50) Skills: Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity) Whirlwind (Wind Shear) Ignore Pain (Iron Hide) Sprint (Run Like the Wind) War Cry (Invigorate) Battle Rage (Bloodshed) Passives: Ruthless, Nerves of Steel, Relentless, Boon of Bul-Kathos Kanai's Cube Powers: The Furnace, Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac Notes: Critical Hit Chance is maximized for Battle Rage (Bloodshed). Obsidian Ring helps keep Ignore Pain and Wrath of the Berserker active. Topaz in Helm to reduce cost of Sprint and Whirlwind. Emeralds in Weapons and Rubies in Armor/Pants. Tested in GR35 (Torment 8) and can complete within 2 minutes.Sherwin7 Nov 28
Nov 27 Need Paragon Levels Booster. :) Please Hello ! Can someone nicely person come and boost my paragon levels littlebit.( atm 78). Bigger its better ;) hah - MarkusMarkus3 Nov 27
Nov 26 Client Crashes Be careful, my client's crashed repeatedly over the past few days. Today it killed 2 of my characters. Stay safe.Anubis3 Nov 26
Nov 24 Back again I have returned after a year off. What should i fear in hc nowdays? Last time i played that spinner guy in oasis was one shotting people.TheChemicals5 Nov 24
Nov 23 Barb build with a mix of toughness/damage? Hi there :) Im more or less likeley playing casual this season,so im not about pushing the highest grift leaderboard place. Is there a good barb build with alot of toughness which is atleast able to get some higher ( NOT the highest ) grift level? Thanks for any help :)Enterich13 Nov 23
Nov 22 Wife hit P100 and proud of her! When she started playing Diablo she was terrible in every way, created a sc wizard and kept dying. One day i convinced her to try HC, she started out with a WD, and lost about 3 or 4 wds before hitting 60. Once she hit 60 she just owned everything. Considering the fact that she didnt know much English. She had many close calls in which she would say "Honey i am going to die" and I would risk my WD to reach her and get her out of trouble. She had only two D/Cs and somehow got very lucky and lived. With the help of some good friends, HojoKing, Kwartz, ChronicManGG and many others she reached p100 a few minutes ago. Her profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vicky-1625/hero/31432739 Screenshot: http://s23.postimg.org/mhislpa8b/972433_4634796406748_304198868_n.jpgTEDDYBEAR26 Nov 22
Nov 21 D1 Tristram Adventure on PTR Just completed the D1 event on the ptr, it's pretty cool. Very much true to the original feel of d1. You get a special reward at the end if you make a lvl 1 character and complete it with him/her, though I'm curious what others thoughts are on that.Endeavor11 Nov 21
Nov 20 Inefficiency is boring... Human psyche is a powerful thing. Here I am on a witch doctor capable of doing GR60 / TXIII..... Now if I want to play a different class, I feel like its an absolute waste of time to doanything other than TXIII or GR60+... XP is worthless, drop rate bad.... Anything that is super inefficient feels bad... The game seems to be about grinding paragon levels and higher GR for higher paragon levels rather than item finding. Sure, items drop and maybe I get a set piece that is 25 intellect higher than my current, but ultimately, once you get into your "clearing set", you are done with finding items and its on to grinding paragon. In my opinion, its fun... but could be better. Maybe more depth to paragon levels or something... If you think about it, our characters are only 3 months long.... Not many play non-season.... There are a ton of options to make our characters ultra powerful with a more in-depth paragon system... Greater rift is endless, why not paragon power as well? +5 primary stat every few hours isn't gonna cut it long term.Raserei5 Nov 20
Nov 19 Need Powerlevel please Good Afternoon gents. I am a little late to the season and I was hoping to get a power level if anyone is up for it. Relots#1316Relots0 Nov 19
Nov 19 HC Power Leveling Hey everyone!! Whenever you get hit with that waller / frozen / arcane / molten - and didn't have quite enough time to get away... well death sucks. But what sucks a little more is grinding back up the ladder to 70. To help remedy this, there is a community in Reaper of Souls called HC Power Leveling. I'd love anyone interested to join so we don't have to worry about sifting through the SC peeps. Having some group help on the grind back up to 70 can be a real relief, especially since it takes a decent bit of time to run the story over again. Also!! It might be nice to get 2 or 3 other characters up to 70 just in case you lose 1, or perhaps just another type of class to play. Either way, hope to see you in game! :DFooJee78 Nov 19
Nov 18 Is there a chart for G rift scaling? Has anyone figured out the way that monster damage and health scales in GR 50+ I just did 50 with my HT doc, not too great I know but still getting her geared up. I finished in about 11 minutes so probably could go a level or two higher and want to farm for ancient gear to really push to 60+ Just wondering if there is an accurate chart that shows you about how much more health and damage that demons do per G rift level. What I already know is that winged assasins and exorcists kill me with two shots at GR 50 but when will they "one-shot" me? Thanks ahead of time.Jiraiya31116 Nov 18
Nov 16 LFM - Let's build a GR team! Need Team Players! I play a wizard. Looking for members to farm and practice GR70-80, gem leveling etc. Alternatively, wizard loot share rifting. Meta: Cyclone Monk - zdps RC Spear Barb - zdps Twister Wizard - zdps Firebird Wizard - DPS Discord Voice Chat RSVP TomCanadian#1119TomCanadian12 Nov 16