Hardcore

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Hardcore forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Bashiok1 May 10, 2012
Nov 21 Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC [only 1 tip per person] - Never use a wireless mouse / keyboardAltonZ1018 Nov 21
Nov 9 Hardcore FAQ Please Read Hardcore FAQ === How do I make a hardcore character? To unlock the option of making a hardcore character you have to play a softcore(regular) character up to level 10. Once you get to level 10, go back to character creation and create a new character and remember to click the "Hardcore" button under the gender options. (Thanks to Sky for this one) === What are the differences between hardcore and regular(aka: softcore) Diablo 3? The ONLY differences are: -Hardcore achievements -No real money auction house -Different community -If you die, you..... Lose access to your Character Lose all equipped items Lose all items in inventory Lose all items your followers have equipped If it's not listed above it's the same as softcore === I didn't read what was underlined above so I'm curious; do I lose my achievements, stash, my gold, or my artisan progression? No, you lose none of those things. They all persist even if your hardcore hero dies. === Can I share items, gold, artisans, stash between hardcore and softcore heroes? No, nothing is shared between the two game modes ever. You don't use the same auction house and you can't play with other heroes of a different mode. Two Hardcore heroes can play together and share items as long as they are both hardcore though. === My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums? No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it. === How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time? What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot. It is not on by default to prevent new players from making simple mistakes in skill choice (like not choosing a signature on a beginning wizard). Elective Mode is enabled by going into options while in game, choosing the game play section, the checking the box next to elective mode. === Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2? No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out. === Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die? No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town. === Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots? They don't have to. Any time after they are dead you can select the option to "Archive" the fallen hero. This will put them into their own list where you can view them at any time. Heroes on the archive list will not count towards your account's 10 character limit. === How can I talk to other hardcore players while in game? You can join the Hardcore Public Chat Channel by clicking the little gear above the chat window -> Click public chat -> Hardcore. If you change to party chat with "/p" you can get back to hardcore with "/c". Also "/?" Gives a list of chat commands. Please ask any other questions in this thread and we will answer them here. These FAQ will be updated as questions are asked. Thanks for reading, eMLiquid Stay Safe and Honor the fallen!eMLiquid160 Nov 9
May 2 2.0 Patch Q&A for Hardcore Players I see the same questions being asked over and over again in-game, now that the long-awaited 2.0 patch has landed. In the interest of trying to help a few folks, and maybe anticipating some questions they might have down the line, here is my 2.0 Patch Q&A for hardcore players. Probably the question I have been asked the most is... 1. What difficulty level should I start out in? If you're at level 60 and a current, active player with decent gear, you can probably handle Torment-1, but don't start out there! First of all, every single class' skills have gone through very significant revisions, and if you go running off headlong into anything higher than Normal difficulty without pausing first to review your skills and see if they still do what you expect them to do, you could be risking your hero's life. All of the patch notes, and most importantly, all of the class and skill changes can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014 Please take a moment to read through the changes for the class(es) you play and see what the devs have done to your former WOTB WW barb or 100% uptime Archon Wizard. Barbarian changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Barbarian Demon Hunter changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##DemonHunter Monk changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Monk Witch Doctor changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##WitchDoctor Wizard changes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014##Wizard Once you think you've got yourself settled into a decent skills-build, don't forget to spend your Paragon points! Then, start out in a moderate level, Expert or Master, and make sure you're good to go before risking Torment. Elemental damage really hurts now in higher difficulties, so make sure you have your all-res in a good place. 2. So, what about these account-shared Paragon points? You can hit P from inside a game to access the Paragon interface. You can spend the same points over again into each character you have in hardcore. Here is Blizzard's page with all the Paragon information: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718/ 2a. If I die in hardcore, will I lose paragon levels? You will never lose paragon in hardcore, even if you die and then delete the dead character. The paragon you earn is yours to keep, no matter what. 3. I lost a whole bunch of achievements, and I'm earning achievements again for things I've already done a long time ago. Is the achievement system broken, or what? Actually, it's not. Blizz did remove a lot of achievements because they became outdated with patch 2.0. For example, some of them referenced Nightmare, Hell, or Inferno boss kills. Others referred to crafting materials that have been removed. You still have all of these achievements (even though you lost the points) in your Achievement log (F9 key in-game.) You'll find a new section in the Feats of Strength category with drop-down lists noting all of your previously-earned deeds. The reason you seem to be earning the same ones over again that you had before is because now there is a version of, say, "kill Azmodan on Master difficulty or higher", plus all the variations of the Azmodan achievements such as avoiding his blood pools, taking out the summoning constructs before any minions spawn, et al. So yes, in a way, you are earning the same achievements again, but on Master or higher rather than Hell level or higher. :) 4. Speaking of achievements, I'm in a clan and getting absolutely spammed by achievement messages in my clan channel. Is there any way to turn them off? There are two places where you can turn off (or on) achievement notices for friends and clan-mates. For friends, from in-game, hit ESC > Options > Social and uncheck the "Friend Earns an Achievement" box to turn them off. For clan-mates, go to your clan page (type N in-game) and click on the little round gear-like object on the right-hand side (the tool-tip if you point to it says "News Filters".) Click on the Achievements box to remove the check-mark there, and that will turn off the clan-mate notices. 5. How do I join a clan? There's a button located in the lower right-hand corner of the character selection screen (or you can hit Shift-O from almost anywhere in-game) to bring up the Clans & Communities social interface. Blizz has a nice explanation for all of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/ (Continued below)Galx73 May 2
Jul 17, 2016 ROS: HC Guide to Success Alright with the fast approaching date for ROS release there are a lot unknowns and questions about what will change, so here is some more information about my knowledge of RoS. Here are the main points I'll talk about and what you can do to prepare yourself for a smoother transition into RoS: 1. Paragon and Difficulty Settings 2. Crafting Mats 3. Crafting Plans 4. Act 5 5. Adventure Mode 6. Mystic 7. Bounties 8. Nephalem Rifts 9. Ubers 1. Difficulty Settings We’ve been almost a month into Patch 2.0.x and by far you should have experienced the new Paragon system and new difficulty settings, if you haven’t done it yet, well I don’t need to tell you that you should do it immediately. There are plenty of topics on the Paragon system, so I’ll keep this more on the difficulty settings. Your journey into RoS will start in the beginning of A5 (if you have Diablo already killed) and the first monster you encounter will be lvl61, which means that everything you know about incoming damage in the current difficulty system. If you can comfortably play Torment 1 at the moment, as you progress into lvl63-64 and up you will find it harder to survive on T1 and monsters will take longer to kill. The game changes quite a bit as you approach 70. From what I can tell when you reach level 67 the monsters turn into level 70. It was like this on beta pretty much during my time there and I can’t tell if it is bug or not, but monsters skip 67,68 and 69 and just jump up to lvl70, while you’re still using sub 60’s gear. Suggestion here is to stay on lower difficulties as the incoming damage is very different than at 60. Once you reach 70, don’t expect to be able to farm Torment 1 right away. My suggestion: Don’t start on higher difficulty settings, incoming damage doesn’t compare to Patch 2.0.x 2. Crafting Mats Developers have decided that once you reach level 60 a new set of crafting materials will be required to craft and enchant level 61 through 70 gear. Here is what those new crafting materials are: Reuasable parts: These are the result of salvaging white items you find at lvl 61+. Arcane Dust: This is the material that comes out of salvaging blue items in stacks 1 to 3 per blue item Veil Crystal: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ yellow items and it comes always as a stack of 1. Forgotten soul: This is the result of salvaging lvl 61+ legendary items and also a drops from Rift guardians, but about that a little later. Forgotten souls are used in enchanting legendary items or crafting the new legendary recipes at lvl 70. Mystic eats them for breakfast and you will most likely be hungry for them constantly. Death Breath: This is the analog of Demonic Essence and drops at lvl 61+ elite packs and it’s drop rate is based on the difficulty settings. It’s a crafting mat that is required to enchant and craft almost every item at level 70. All of these crafting mats are used in crafting and enchanting new end game gear at lvl 61+. In my opinion the most used crafting mat besides Forgotten souls is Arcane dust and it was the mat I was always missing for my enchanting and crafting. Old crafting mats can't be converted to the new ones. Suggestion: You should pick up and salvage every item you find on the ground, it will be used. 3. Crafting Plans Crafting plans that you have found now will not automatically upgrade to their level 70 versions. Each of the plans you can craft now has its level 70 version and it will need to be found before you can craft it. They also come with new set bonuses and special legendary affixes for the most part. There are many new recipes that are level 70 exclusive that are not dropping at the moment. In order to craft any of these new items you will need: - White version of the item you crafting – example Cain’s helm will require lvl 70 white helm - Special crafting reagent that drops from rare spawns (purples) or bosses –Cain’s craft requires Maghda’s soul, a crafting reagent that has a chance to drop from Maghda. My experience shows that difficulty doesn’t reflect on the drop rate and it’s very low. - High level gem and/or decent amount of gold and crafting mats (Veil Crystals, Arcane Dust and/or Reusable parts) – example with Cain is that it requires highest possible gem in the game, which is Flawless Royal and costs about 9.8mil to craft (as of last beta patch). There are 48 new crafting reagents as far as I could tell and there is already a list of locations and monsters that drop them. Once RoS is released and confirmed nothing has changed, I’m sure that topic will be bumped.silentkiller84 Jul 17, 2016
3h HC newbie questions Hi! My main toons are softcore, but I want to explore HC a bit. A few dumb questions as a beginner: (1) I only freed up one character slot for my HC toon. If this toon dies, will all my HC progress be wiped out? I.e., will my mats, stashed items, campaign progress (finished campaign so that I can start in adventure mode), etc. be gone? (2) I think paragon level, cash, and artisan levels are kept, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!churinga5 3h
2d T13 Goldwrap T13 Goldwrap. Second time I've died speed running with goldwrap on Ulliana monk. Any tips? This time I got killed by a blood spring...RushaDuke4 2d
4d Is there a list 4 BiS items 4 Gem of Ease? Like most of you, I find myself sharding legendary after legendary. While stockpiling Forgotten Souls has it's perks, I wonder what items I should maybe watch out for. Rather than gain 3x Forgotten Soul from xxxx Ancient Item, should I hold onto it for a future leveling alt? I know many (most) of you have logged more hours than I and have more wisdom in this area, so I thought I would ask if anyone has a list or knows of one. I did some brief googling, but most results were a couple-several years old. Unless otherwise told, I would be seeking items that can be equipped by any class. Thankspalatinae12 4d
5d Anyone else already bored of season 12? Tomorrow ends week 3 of season 12, which I suppose is a good amount of time. I was gone for 6 days last week so feels more like end of week 2 for me. But have been bored of season after 1 week. Reached Guardian day 4. Tied my prior season highest clear the same day I think maybe the next day. Did a GR 97 this morning but felt nothing by it. Just feels like a damage creep induced clear. I guess it's 11 GRs higher than what I did in season 10 last time I played this build so I suppose I am about exactly where I was in season 10. But if I have to level one more damn gem I will lose it lol. I really do love this game but can only stand grinding rifts for a couple weeks before I would rather do almost anything else. I knew this going in though. I am happy Blizz buffed sets to make more sets viable and I originally thought I would be psyched to try a different class/build. But honestly the thought of grinding for gear and leveling gems for another character makes me sick haha. Doesn't help I play DH who with upgrade to UE Multishot farms everything so damn fast playing any other character just hurts. Friends basically quit playing as well. Ah well was fun while it lasted.Dukus25 5d
5d Lots of death this season, need tougher build I love Diablo and have been a loyal gamer since D1 in 1998. But this season I seem to be dying alot, due to higher GR and speed builds for bounties, (I hate Mathael) Since I lost my Monk with two primal weapons, I need to rebuild and was thinking of a tougher class that could survive better. The old sader thorns build was good and could survive lag spikes, but thorns is no longer viable for pushing anymore. Maybe a pet WD build? What do you guys thinkGOLDFARMER6 5d
5d Repost from technical forum: Death and d/c Got an in-game error while playing less than an hour ago and lost my HC seasonal, customer support recommended I post here to see if it was a widespread disconnection issue or just me. It was error 1001 or something and after I got it I was unable to get back into D3 for a few minutes. I had to totally leave the launcher and relogin to the launcher before it would let me back into the game. Kept hanging on 'authenticating credentials'. So now I'm out my H/C seasonal toon (what an inglorious death), did this happen to anyone else?Cee3 5d
6d lookin for hc clan looking for a hardcore clan!MrLuke3 6d
6d Guess who's back Hope you guys have been doing good. 6 months since I played. Are the peeps still around? Off for a week and have just completed a new pc build to coincide with my week off. No idea if the game has changed in any way that would be appealing. Tempted to try out necro. But maybe will try out destiny 2 instead. Idk. But I will log in to play with the old vanguard if you guys are still here. And catch up. Hoping to hear from you guys. PS: woah I was away long enough that my profile became unavailable for viewing. This a new thing? Looks like I'll have to log back in to d3 ;) Regards, H4mzH4mZ2 6d
Dec 11 Ah, had my first death today. This season marks my first foray into playing hardcore (at the behest of a friend of mine). I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. What got me in the end...was my three year old! She wanted to sit on my lap and "play" the game with me. Told her to just hit spacebar since it doesn't do anything. Friend and I get to the end of the rift and I get caught in the laser blast from Orlash and his clones. Tried to dash out but couldn't... ...and only after I died did I notice my daughter had hit enter at some point and started typing stuff out. Whoops. RIP...now it's back to the grind!OhMyItsAPie2 Dec 11
Dec 11 Help! New! Where do I start? I have everything except the Necromancer. I love the idea of the HC character. I've played some on my xb1 with it but I want to know, where the heck do I start?SuperMage1 Dec 11
Dec 11 Didn't lose internet but server crashed? Lost my character because of blizzard server crashing... my internet was up and running 100%. Pandora still playing and I'm here now, not even 2 minutes later. I already know that the character is dead and will most likely be turned down. It's sad that a blizzard server error killed my character. All my gems gone in a blink of an eye because of something out of my control. Cool game.CatsVanBags9 Dec 11
Dec 10 New Hardcore New Hardcore (Diablo,Gothic,Sudden Strike Mix)Im renegade Starcraft II Diamond 4vs4 https://www.epicwar.com/maps/277353/ Some one said humans are weak. Me think it will be great challenge for HC players. GL@HF Humans winners send me replay PLZ or Picture with stats on the end. (Casualties) I have no battlenet for Warcraft so im unable to Test it:-/ ThxMasakrul1 Dec 10
Dec 10 Came back after a few seasons Quit back when Blizz had all the DDOS attacks, LON bombsader has always been my main. So I see no one runs LON saders anymore? It was always the safest HC class that could speed clear before. My plan is to get a sader going(already died a few times), then gear a necro as a support? How are necros in HC solo? Does this sound feasible?CrankyPants1 Dec 10
Dec 8 Battle.net crash Was running a regular rift with 2 other friends (that live in completely different areas) and the game had a spike. Normal spikes are not super uncommon to happen to me, but this one did not last a second or two. one of my friends who was less geared died within the first 7 seconds. what was weird about the spike was my character could still move and so could my health bar, but none of the monsters. i ended up getting away and using my potion in time, but than the lag brought me back to my original spot. i began running again but i was still taking damage by the invisible monsters around me. I went to press my potion again but it was still on cool down from the beginning of the spike. Died after about 15 seconds of what was a very odd monster lag and was followed by a complete disconnection from the server. i checked my internet and i still had full connection. attempted to log back on to see my dead character followed by an error code 1016. Being a bit frustrated by the lag i switched over to Overwatch and was also kicked off of there. I believe this was a battle.net issue because it effected me and my three friends at the same times in different regions. I know the policy on hardcore characters, but we would like to know if something could be done since this matter was out of our hands (and service providers). Also would like to know if anyone else experienced the same problem! Thanks!Scrizzy3 Dec 8
Dec 6 Just started HC hi guys just started a seasonal HC tonight. played D3 seasonal during season 4 then quit after the season ended due to feeling bored to the game. saw people playing the game again so decided to go for it but decided might as well try HC too. do we have a Discord channel for D3 HC community? ThanksƐXƗŦ1 Dec 6
Dec 6 server death another server disc there goes my barb.. love pushing just to have the servers crash. guess my season starts overTar1 Dec 6
Dec 6 I'M DONE I'm done. Another server disconnect death. Server error. !@#$ this %^-* i am out.Have fun playing this !@#$ty crappy optimized game. Sofcore is boring as %^-* pushing gr? Whats the point? Then got to hardcore was havin fun but no. Blizzard !@#$ty servers dont work for me. 2 deaths in 2 days for servers errors. I am %^-*ing done !@#$ this %^-*. Have fun.DeckardCain23 Dec 6
Dec 6 Whirling Dervish and Stone Golems Both of these enemy types reflect projectiles and one shot you. These kind of mechanics need to go... They nerfed reflect damage way back when because it wasn't fair... This type of damage is also not fair.... You open a shrine with nemesis and attack, BOOM, proc... and maybe an accidental attack kills you 3 seconds later... I have had so many deaths from these monsters its crazy. Please change these reflects to monsters dmg not player dmg.Raserei8 Dec 6
Dec 6 Hardcore Hey anyone want to start a brand new hardcore character? If so add/message IArePotatoIArePotato3 Dec 6
Dec 4 1016 death Bull!@#$ i call bull%^-*, connection issues when playing a GR. Never had one before and now my char is gone, i know i dont really care what bothers me is that customer suport cant rollback or even investigate the issue due to its hc... i dont mind dying with a hc char i kinda like it but only when i die, i was killing sh*t when i got the d/c. and there were post on their site about conections issues... i know i cry so flame me plox but i think its unfair and i would never create a sc char ever so dont ask me to go back to sc cause i havent been there since diablo 1....JimmiTheHand4 Dec 4
Dec 4 Looking for HC clan Looking for HC clan to chill/GR with. Aussie player for hours there would be better.Venz0r2 Dec 4
Dec 4 ISO Legendary Gem advice Seasonal Uliana Monk I really like Icy Veins and use it often. They recommend Trapped, Swiftness and Stricken and I see those 3 being very good for pure offensive builds. The problem is that I play Hard Core and cannot afford to be full offense. I have pushed into the GR50s with the above 3 gems, but I fear I won't get much further without adding a good amount of Effective Health (aka Toughness). I've been away from D3 for a few years, but iirc back in the day we all used 2 defensive (regen and non-physical damage reduction) and 1 offensive gems. So, here is what I am wondering ... should I keep with the 3 already mentioned that I am currently using - OR - replace one (probably Stricken) for a defensive gem and if so, regen plus bubble or non-physical damage reduction plus resist - OR - ??? Thankspalatinae9 Dec 4
Dec 3 First time diablo player Hey yall Im finally trying out the Diablo series. It seems great! But my hero is super OP and Im playing HC Hard. Will this game get harder? Im already half done with act 2.Wynning2 Dec 3
Dec 3 Automatically disconnected at midnight? Hi, Blizzard, A few minutes ago at 3 am Eastern Time, which is midnight Pacific time, the system automatically logged me out of the game and displayed an error code of 1016. At that time I was challenging high level greater rift. This automatic disconnection has killed my hardcore hero. Since I always play online songs while gaming (just to make sure my internet connection has no problem), I have no doubt that this death is caused by the Blizzard Server. Also this midnight time point has made this disconnection very questionable. Would you please provide me a reason. Thanks.Aurora6 Dec 3
Dec 2 1016 related HC death, with a twist I was with a friend, about to 2 man ubers on T10, when I open a portal to fight Leoric and Magda. His barb was keeping us both alive with War Cry while my Uliana's monk supplied damage. He 1016 errors out the moment I click to begin the fight, and much to my dismay, I enter the fight alone. I couldn't survive long enough to kill both bosses by myself, and I died to Magda. So my question is this. Would it be foolish of me to request a rollback of my monk because the person keeping me alive 1016'd out of the game and not me? Any feedback is appreciated, honestly. I've lost better characters in the past, so I can suck it up and start over fresh if need be.BlackMage2 Dec 2
Dec 1 Rank 1 Clan Looking To Add a Few Players Hello everyone, I’m ChoseN from nCg. We’re looking for active hardcore seasonal players who have goals of farming efficiently and taking leaderboard spots. We are very active and our roster is in good shape but it can never hurt to add a couple more good players. If you’re interested the best way to get in touch is to add me on Discord @ ChosenBrad#3140. Good luck this season!ChoseN0 Dec 1
Dec 1 HC armory needs to be separate from character Topic says it all... but what would it take to make it happen? Unless you are happy to play HC and not push the limits, it can be frustrating to set up a few builds on the one character - RIP - then have to rebuild your builds in the armory again for new character... same gear... same stash... seems a bit silly reallyNickBaldyM7 Dec 1
Nov 30 RIP, Barbãr (23hr 51min) Well, I figured that with some long-overdue buffs to the Barbarian in Patch 2.6.1, I would give the character class a spin (literally), by making my very own Whirlwind Barbarian. Although the overall speed and damage-potential was amazing, I must admit, the "spin-to-win" play-style was not particularly engaging compared to, for example, a Multishot Demon Hunter. Nevertheless, I will miss my female Barbarian, Barbãr, even though I hardly knew her. I was still in the painstaking process of acquiring gear that would allow for permanent Wrath of the Berserker, and so Barbãr died in a Greater Rift 60 speed run, to a random disconnect. No lag. Just instantly disconnected. I logged in a moment later, praying for a miracle, but it seems as though the RNG gods felt like giving my Barbarian the middle finger one last time, delivering a swift and cruel death onto her. RIP, my friend. May you break bread and drink beer with the Ancients in the afterlife.HelloKitty6 Nov 30
Nov 30 Random freezing anyone els having random 5-10 sec freezing problem with the gameMaikel2 Nov 30
Nov 30 Heart Pounding Moments Last night, while I was getting a little more sleepy and lazy with my play, I accidentally got pulled into some nasty environmental effect (laser + desecration) from multiple mobs. My health literally disappeared, I thought I died, and I didn't have my on-death trait slotted... But somehow I survived the careless moment with less health than I could see... haha My heart was pounding and once I finished clearing the pack, I had a good laugh. I'm always afraid of dying to a d/c, but moments like these are so damn satisfying on hc. So glad, I decided to give d3 another chance after launch to play some hc. I can't imagine how this game would feel without those moments of intense excitement and fun. ps: This happened mostly cause I'm reaching those levels (64) where my leveling gear that gives me tons of bonus xp, is starting to make me too vulnerable. I would love to ride it out a bit longer and get to 70 on this character, but I'll probably trade it out for some better stats for the end of my road to 70.Loboling4 Nov 30
Nov 29 Good builds that can survive disconnects? My Internet is pretty good but I'd like to have a good chance to come back to a character still alive if something does happen.Russell8 Nov 29
Nov 28 [Future] Hardcore Death Forum Blizzard would you please consider in the future creating a forum (Hardcore Death Forum) where people can post complaints about their Hardcore deaths, demand rollbacks, or whine about how they should get their character back? You could also consider after signing the waiver, another waiver pops up with the following statement flashing in neon yellow: "Blizzard will not restore your character for any reason!" and you must click accept again. You'd think after 5yrs there wouldn't be a constant stream of these posts...yet here we are. The only posts about hardcore deaths accepted in this forum are those celebrating the death of a fallen hero. Leave the crying at the door.Shark17 Nov 28
Nov 27 Looking for friends looking for people to gear with i am at torment 2 -3. i don't mind making another class and us leveling from 1-70 again it would be fun. i got a mic if anyone wants to chat but I'm not much of a speakerNeko2 Nov 27
Nov 27 Cheap DC Death to Death Hey Bliz, Hey gang, you can't kill my characters any other way than cheap DC deaths. I make solid, well played HC characters and when there's any kind of PC crash, you default with the game instead of my character. So, my PC crashes and my character sits there for the standard 10 seconds and dies. Wow, gang, that's genius!!! Who thought of that? It's so customer orientated. So, the last 4 or 5 deaths have been PC crashes. What a team you all have...hard at work insuring the customer has the best gaming experience. I'm just memorized by the customer satisfaction effort going on here. Give yourselves a pat for me, please. You deserve all the "raises" you have coming to you. In the meantime, I'll just love that gloriful DC death. What a fun challenge it is not wanting to throw the PC out the window because my HC character died from a PC crash. It's some of the most awesome gaming experience I've had in recent years. Thanks gang! You're the best! Making any more games with this kind of gaming experience? Please, keep me posted. Signed, Rant overmatt628682 Nov 27
Nov 27 Season Conquest - Worlds Apart Just seeing if anyone wants to group up to tackle this conquest (10 bosses in 20min). Add me in game - rogers#1948Rogers0 Nov 27
Nov 26 dead by serverrproblem not fair! i didd because of lost connection to the server *Blizzard this is not okay revive my player!!Atqshk15 Nov 26
Nov 25 Cant play 1 of my normal hc-char I dont can open my 52 hc-char, all other hc-chars are ok. This char have level-gear on and i dont like to loose him. What can i do ???JixX1 Nov 25
Nov 25 looking for ppl to play with (= im looking for people to play with, start new char in hardcore. boring playing by myselfMrLuke1 Nov 25
Nov 24 trying out hard core but... the drops here are crap...400+ lvl's and still no socket gift smh... seems like ya just build up gear, so when you die you can outfit the next easier... ok, done !@#$%'inCaptCaveMan9 Nov 24
Nov 24 No more DC deaths? I was doing a XIII Rift last night and tagged a gob shrine. As soon as I did, my internet started lagging really bad. The culprit was my kid in the next room downloading a game and it caused me to DC. I didn't get kicked out of Bnet though. I instantly logged back in and had to start a new game. My toon just fine. I haven't played since season 5 so my memory is a bit fuzzy. Was it always like that? If your toon isn't in a bunch of danger will the game just reset? I had finished a Grift a couple days ago as well and DC'd as soon as I killed the guardian and was looting my gear. Didn't get a chance to upgrade a gem :( Oh well, if it keeps my toon from being murdered, im a fan.Carnedge4 Nov 24
Nov 22 Greater Rift Build Discussion [HC] In your opinion, do you think there are enough theorycrafters out there to justify that the builds in the top100 are the only builds that work that well or do you think there are undiscovered builds that can top leaderboards still out there? For example, DH impale and multishot are very strong but marauder set also received a large buff. Cluster arrow is non-existent on the leaderboard. It takes a lot of time and effort to test stuff like this... Im curious to what you all think. I made all 7 classes this season and I plan on gearing them all and trying outside the box type builds eventually. (Trying to reach 1000 para first)Raserei2 Nov 22
Nov 22 Crash GAme Crash R.I.P none enemy attack me....... When this Beta Game will by fixed ?DevilJin5 Nov 22
Nov 22 Sad frog :( Sad frog... I got off work 40 minutes ago but ofc on the day of the new season I got a last minute project dropped on my desk. With 1 minute left until work was over! Sad frog sad cuz sad.Issac2 Nov 22
Nov 22 Can someone help me getting back on my feet? I'm really sad, died because of computer update. My fault for forgetting to turn it off. Still deciding if i should start again. I am not motivated to go thru 1-70 again. Took me many hours. Would someone be able to help me get back on my feet and give me a quit boost? Would really appreciate it!!GodMode2 Nov 22
Nov 21 HC death due to bnet connection issue Just died in a rift because bnet connection is messing up. All my other online programs are running fine. As i type this the bnet app is connecting, disconnecting, and trying to connect again. Dying due to an issue on my end is fine, but on blizzards end kinda blows. Alot. Is there anything that can be done from your end blizzard? Thanks.Jaydef141 Nov 21