Games & Technology

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming, and hardware. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903180496 Further reading - Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Request Sticky Tips & Information Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules Contact List MVP FAQBashiok0 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums!Bashiok0 May 10, 2012
8h Windows 10 Gaming Performance Issues ... I am currently running Win10 Pro Insiders builds (version1709, build 16291.0). I haven't encountered issues with Blizzard App and Diablo 3 64bit. (4790k, z96-g55-sli, 8gb ddr3, hd7870, 850 evo 256m.2) Uninstalled quite a few apps. Disabled some windows services. Turned off most privacy settings and notifications. ... ... Win10 Insiders Hub 16709 upvotes to make graphics driver updates optional 6932 upvotes to add GPU information to the performance tab in task manager 3885 upvotes NVIDIA graphics adapter encounters timeouts, resets, or crashes If having game performance issues, check out following -- https://www.att.com/support/internet/optimize-your-connection.html -- https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372811,00.asp -- https://lifehacker.com/5931743/top-10-ways-to-boost-your-home-wi-fi -- https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759315786?page=1#post-7SilverFox1 8h
1d Diablo 2 Remaster or Remake? I loved Diablo 2, played it for years. That doesn't mean I'm blind to it's many faults. If Diablo 2 is remade with only improved graphics. It will be a huge disappointment. If they are truly making another Diablo 2 my primary concern is who is behind this project and are any of the current Diablo 3 developers on the team or calling any shots behind the scenes? As past has shown the Diablo 3 developers are very defensive about their game and insist it is great and there is this thing of hatred towards Diablo 2 and Blizzard North. What better chance for them to say "see we told you so", when more people are playing Diablo 3 than a remake of Diablo 2. With that in mind this is what worries me when it comes to making Diablo 2 remake a success or a failure. There are many simple things that can be done to make it great like auto gold pick up, shared/larger stashes. But will they be done or simply ignored out of spite? Perhaps they may go a step further and make items BoA and even online only. Will you be allowed to make as many accounts as you could in Diablo 2? If not will they raise the max character slots up from 8 to compensate? What ever happens It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.Archon26 1d
1d Keyboard number keys from 1 to 0 stop working Hello,so I got a problem with the number keys on my keyboard,it occurs at random times,I cannot type the numbers from 1 to 0 only if I replug the keyboard,but if i press shift+a keyboard number,I`m able to write signs such as `!`.I got a razer deathstalker keyboard.Steal7h2 1d
1d Graphics card recommendations @ 2560x1440 I'm looking for a graphics card to use with my Razer Blade Stealth (via Razer Core). For convenience, here are some specs of the RBS: Intel i7-7500U 16 GB RAM LPDDR3-1866MHz Win 10x64 I'm looking for the best value card which can play D3 comfortably at around 60fps at almost maxed settings. Based on my research, GTX 1060 seems good enough to achieve this. Does anyone here have a GTX 1060 and provide some nice numbers?dynamite4 1d
1d Dark Souls + Diablo So I was playing some dark souls and thought of an incredible idea of a hybrid game between dark souls and diablo. By that I mean Blizzard and From Soft collaborating and creating a souls game set in the diablo universe. The town or the safe zone such as majula or firelink shrine from dark souls can be tristram or rogue encampment etc. The character classes from diablo such as sorceress or barbarian could easily be translated to the gameplay of the souls franchise. It can have the same leveling system as dark souls. To get different skills you need to find scrolls for it, and to increase the damage of your skills you need to put points into attunement and faith etc etc. Just like in Dark souls, if you start as a sword and shield character, it's not difficult to switch mid game to a caster. You would simply decide to abandon strength and start putting points into attunement or faith or whatever. Or it could just follow the diablo 2's leveling system with the skill tree and have you select a fixed character class from the beginning. There are so many ways to go about it. Also, imagine the boss fights. With great boss soundtracks like Ornstein and Smough battle, imagine you're fighting Izual with dark souls' close up camera perspective. Then there's Old Iron King fight. That could even be the level where you fight diablo at the end of the game. Here is a fight vs the gaping dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjEb646Bjsc Imagine instead of fighting the gaping dragon, in that chamber we get to fight Duriel. Or how about fighting Mephisto in a creepy atmosphere like the fight vs Gravelord Nito? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqovvj1J-g0 Then there is the setting. From the deserts of Lut Gholein to Rogue Encampment wilderness, those can easily be immersed into dark souls style level designing. The darkroot forests is exactly like the jungle from act 3 of diablo 2. Of course it may be much harder to make areas as interconnected as dark souls 1 world, but diablo universe also has portals anyways that can be cleverly implemented into the world building. Just as Bethesda received the right to the Fallout franchise and made something extraordinary that also played completely differently from the previous fallout games, I think Diablo franchise has a lot of potential outside of just dungeon crawler point and click ARPG style gameplay. To me, from the lore to the theme and atmosphere, Diablo is worthy to be made into something as epic as Dark souls. This is probably never going to happen, but man can you imagine how awesome it would be if they can pull off something like this?SeriusBizNis10 1d
2d Please support Linux I am going to try to be as entitleless about this as possible but here goes. Windows 10 is a spyfest. Windows 7 still holds the lions share command of the market at the moment at less than 50%. Depending on who you ask, Linux is at 3-6% usage share. I just about had it up to here with Windows related SSD issues. There are a ton of companies who support Linux who I dare say are doing great. The list of games that made it big because of Linux: Minecraft Dota 2 Rocket League Ark Survival CS:Go Please support us, we will in turn continue to give you money.PonyKiller1 2d
2d POE hacks cheats maphack exploits Is POE full of hacks cheats maphack exploits like D3 is?ShogunRob14 2d
2d Torchlight 2 comparison to Diablo. I purchased Torchlight 2 from Steam a few days ago, because i was getting bored with my current games..Diablo included. I have to say, it's a huge rip off of Diablo (mainly) and many other games; the monsters, the visual layout, even the music. All of these things are great, mind you (with the exception of character skins.. they are kind of doofy), but the reason why i am so obsessed with this game right now is the Skill Tree, or in the case of TL2, the skill point menu and stat points, enchanting, gemming, reviving, etc. There are less skills to choose from, yet the level of customization of greater.: First I'm going to go over the basics of TL 2 The skills can only be unlocked at a certain level, but you must invest points in them in order to use them, additionally, there are tier levels for the skills (except for passives), it seems like every 5 levels of points invested gives u an additional bonus and they are more or less permanent. There is an option to undo the last 3 upgrades, so there is a little bit of wiggle room for errors. If you're coming only from Diablo, then you must be thinking, "that sucks"... nah, it doesn't.. it's great. It creates a sense of customization that Diablo 3 will NEVER have. Sorry Blizzard, it's true. Diablo 3, or at least thenext expansion NEEDS some sort of skill tree. I've been playing D3 for years now, and i have yet to feel "that magic" like when i play Torchlight. Then there are stat points. You only get 5 points to spend per leve, and the points you invest in work in 2 ways. 1 - They add overall bonuses to stats ex// Strength increases % weapon DMG and critical hit DMG. Makes sense right? Dexterity increases your critical hit chance and dodge chance. Also makes sense right? Focus increases the rate at which you generate resources and magic DMG. Lastly vitality increases HP and uhhh... i forgot... probably armor. 2 - skill points work as a requirement for gear - you can reach a certain level to wear a piece o gear OR you can have the required stats. In other words, you have to think about what you're doing. Right now my class is similar to the Barbarian. I'm duel wielding so my focus is crits and passives revolving around crits. Also, attack speed... definitely attack speed. Enchanting in TL is the equivalent of Kadala and the fat chick that rerolls weapons.. forgot her name. You can enchant any item, but there is a limit to how many times you can do it unless you find a special enchanter somewhere in the missions, or until you get a higher level weapon which is capable of being enchanted multiple times. The idea is to add a bonus/es to an item at a significant cost. The way you earn money in TL was well thought out - i have to actually think about my spending. Speaking of money, when you revive, it is only free if you revive in town. It costs a lot of money to revive where you died, or less at the entrance, but increases depending on how far you've travelled from the entrance. Again, you actually have to think about your spending. Gemming. The gems have pretty simple abilities or unique ones. Elemental dmg has a special effect per element... which im still flabergasted as to why it doesnt in diablo. Why do holy, fire, physical, cold, poison, lightning and arcane all do the same exact thing if not specified otherwise. The 'same thing', btw, is nothing unique at all. Anyway, so these gems add specific effects in weapons, or in armor,. There is also minimum level requirement so you can't throw a high level gem in a lvl 1 weapon when rolling a new char. Lastly there is are the side quest missions - you actually get skill points for side missions!... giving you INCENTIVE... go figure. Anyway, so compare all of these things to the way Diablo is now. Think about how much better it would be if you could actually reroll a character instead of just being powerleveled? The concepts of enchanting and reviving for gold would be harder to carry over however - mainly because of boon of the hoarder. Adding skill trees with tiers would actually be beneficial for diablo and it's developers because It would allow for severely underwhelming skills to have amazing upgrades without having to make an item for it, or adjust it every damn patch. So I'm getting tired of this thread, but the long story short is Diablo is kind of lame and doesn't really feel like an action RPG and never has... can't really explain it. The only thing to do is to compare it to wildly more liked (notice i said liked and not popular) games in the genre, TL2, Baldur's Gate, and Diablo 2! MAKE A SKILL TREE ALREADY.... JUST DO IT!... HURRY UP WITH AN EXPANSION!BBopMcJiggy12 2d
2d Asking for advice So this is my first ever post (hopefully it won't stir up much hate) I've been playing games for a long time. I am 20 and I am at university, which means I can't put that much time into gaming unfortunately :( I also have a job which allows me to save up a fair amount of money. I was hoping that the community could give me some advice relating a question that is often asked between gamers. PC or Laptop? My current laptop is terrible to the point I sometimes don't even know if the lag is because of the bad spec/bad internet (live in UK) or simply God's wrath on the fact I chose night hangouts over more Paragon farming. Before anyone attempts to write an essay I just want to point out that I am in a situation where I move quite a lot; also I take long holidays (implying that the portability factor is quite good) Thanks in advance guys VladimirLivius1 2d
2d lmao blizz >Blizzard is launching a “global diversity and inclusion initiative” aimed at raising the percentage of women and underrepresented minority groups in its workforce and improving the work environment for those groups, according to an internal company email. >Only 21 percent of Blizzard employees are women, wrote company president Mike Morhaime in the email—which a Blizzard rep confirmed to me is real—and “they leave our organization at a higher rate than men.” These numbers, Morhaime writes, are consistent with the game industry at large, but Blizzard wants to improve on them. >Morhaime wrote the company is launching a diversity effort that will first focus on women, but will expand later this year to encompass other “under-represented minority groups,” who make up 14 percent of Blizzard, according to the email. Yeah! don't waste time improving games or public relations! just hire moar womens to train! !@#$ all the guys who already know their %^- from thier elbow! no wonder your reputation is *!@#.RAmarl5 2d
3d So Diablo 3 is dead where do we go in 2017 So like many folks, I've invested a couple of thousand hours in Diablo 3 but have gotten to the point where I can't bring myself to play the same old thing with no real hope of any improvement or real changes going forward. So what else do we look for in 2017? Not really a fan of POE. Perhaps: Lost Ark, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, Guardians of Ember? Time to move on and maybe come back in 2025 for Diablo 4.Blueisyou75 3d
3d Do people still play D2:LoD? I was wondering do people still play Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. Because i'm thinking of repurchasing this game digitally, and I really enjoy playing D2:LoD multiplayer and I don't want to buy a game if it's dead :/Negenity89 3d
3d The 4th Coming Since we're bringing up old MMORPGs in other threads, any old school The 4th Coming players out there? I was everyone's least favorite Thief on EA Play, Pe Ell/Damian Wolf on Myth...I was a GM on Xavus before the server owner's coke addiction led to him not paying licensing fees, and played briefly on T4C Trilogy. I expect a lot of crickets, but yeah--anyone out there? :)Lesion17 3d
3d D2 & LoD Remastered So after the success of SC:R & Broodwar I would kindly wonder when our best RPG would have its timely release? Let's be honest that D3 is an adventure game, that easily guides you from points A to B with unlimited destruction on the way - There's no way you can lose (apart from HC) or mess up stats, and it's easy-mode (+T10 withstanding) for a new demographic. Let's push for the re-release of Blizzard's earliest and finest RPG title! I'll start the crowd fund ;) Regards,TWhy20 3d
3d Diablo 4 How about 5 new classes, 4 new acts that would be joined with the current acts and classes, raise the level cap to 80, adding more skills to the current classes, thus upgrading the game to Diablo 4? In my personal experience, with the years of bug solving and balancing, diablo 3, software wise, has become very solid. I haven't had a problem with the game in quite a long time. I say this because I don't see why Blizzard should stop developing for this software that has been working fine for some time. Why scrap that and develop something entirely new you know? Of course I don't know what plans blizzard has for the future of d3,but I believe that they'll soon stop developing content for it and focus on D4 given that there have been news about hiring for an unannounced Diablo project. Anyway, I would be totally fine with that. I think it would be great to keep adding more content to it. I mean, even if they cease development and start d4 development, there are some pillars of the franchise like the barbarian, the wizard that are already there, and will always be there somehow, why not simply add more to that? What I have in mind is some sort of upgrade that would merge d3 with what one might argue that technically would look like an expansion and call it D4. Like a sequel that would take place a few years after the events of d3. What do you guys think? Do you think in the current state new content would breathe new life into the game or it has run its course and should be scraped to start something brand new? What would that brand new look like? I personally like the game quite a lot and the only real problem I have is the lack of new campaign content, story, quests and such.Garrett11 3d
Sep 15 Free diablo 1 and hellfire expansion download So while i was browsing today i came across a site and found this and it says "Diablo Hellfire is completely free. You may play it as much as you like without paying a single buck. In exchange for playing it, you are instead asked for a small favour. You are encouraged to send any comments you might have about this game. " so i downloaded it and to my delight, it works perfectly! so my question is - is this legit legal? if it is, i would like to post the link. Blue please reply. It was found on an old abandonware site.Zekey66 Sep 15
Sep 13 is S11 dead?? .loldudejoey45 Sep 13
Sep 12 Diablo2-like Chest Traps In Diablo 2, chests had a ~5-10% chance of being a trap, which means that when you opened a chest you sometimes heard a sound which indicated that this chest contains a trap and after a few moments a harmful effect happend that could deal damage to you if you were not avoiding it. Some of these traps included Lightning Novas, expanding Poison Clouds, Frost Novas, Fireballs or that Skeletons crawled out of the chest or that the chest started to burn. I think it would be cool if these kind of chest traps would return in D3 as well.clueso14 Sep 12
Sep 12 D3 vs PoE 15 bucks for a new character free for a bunch of new spells, mechanics, systems, and acts for poe.Gaarashatan65 Sep 12
Sep 12 Diabolic Mobile Game Hello Im working on a Diablo-like game for mobile devices Trailer ArcadeMode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aChohHyqUZo Trailer StoryMode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrlba0LG2O8 The game is not done done yet but im confident to get it ready soon. Hopefully you can see in the video im an first hour Diablo-fan and it would be very nice to get some feedback, critics or questions from you guys. regards turboturbomapper1 Sep 12
Sep 11 Diablo 4 - World of Diablo MMORPG in development I have something really huge to spoil here. Blizzard is currently starting to allocate more developers for the future of Diablo series game. They are currently working on an Unannounced Project which I will simply call "Diablo 4" or "World of Diablo" since it's a MMORPG game. It's going to be a MMORPG like World of Warcraft, but with the isometric view just like Diablo and Path of Exile. But they are striving for something that look like to be more in the Lineage Eternal Twilight Resistance or Lost Ark scale (MMORPG, Open-World, Town Hub with tons of players, Trade, PVP, Raid, Dungeon, Loot, Craft, Exploration, ect). It's my personal opinion but I'm pretty confident that DUSTIN BROWDER former Game Director of Heroes of the Storm have switched over to work on this unannounced Diablo project about 6 months ago in December 2016 and quote from him in a YouTube videos "The most ambitious and promising project of my career". I can't wait to see how polished and well balanced this game could be. Finally a Diablo game that will live up to the expectations of franchise fans. I expect nothing less than AAA graphics, open-world, with tons of stuff to do from Blizzard in this isometric dark-fantasy MMOARPG. I think the project is still very preliminary and they are still working on servers stuff and design but I also think that they have a clear vision in mind. To gain back the Diablo fans they have lost with the dissapointment that Diablo 3 was despite the 30+ millions of sales worldwide. I'm guessing we will have a proper official reveal at BlizzCon 2017 or 2018 max and that the game will not be in a playable state before at least 2021 or more. Also, David Bravik, former Blizzard North / Diablo 2 and the first iteration of Diablo 3 (cancelled in 2005) developer recently speaked about the fact Diablo 3 first iteration made by Blizzard North in the 2003-2004 era was an MMORPG much like World of Warcraft, several screenshot of this build have leaked on the web after the departure of Blizzard North employee in 2005. But this game was cancelled for whatever reason and Diablo 3 became what we now know as a 4 player co-op ARPG game. He also talked about Diablo 2 development who had "Town Hub" developped at some point but the feature was cancelled due to the lack of time before official game release. They wanted to put all the players from the public chat channel into an in-game Town Hub instance for trade, etc. PRODUCTION DIRECTOR, UNANNOUNCED PROJECT : https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o8Rq5fwe Lead the developers of one of the industry’s bestselling, genre-defining RPGs of all-time: Diablo! Blizzard is seeking a Production Director to bring the Diablo franchise into the future. Massive multiplayer game development experience Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in working at Blizzard and specifically Diablo What do you think of all this? Personally, i'm very excited and I can't wait to hear more from Blizzard in the coming months about this project.Epsilons102 Sep 11
Sep 10 Blizzard soundtracks composers Look at this pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2449859/immagini/varie/d3-composers.png Horrible, eh? It's a long time I'm trying to find a detailed list of tracks composers (mostly for all Blizzard games, like Warcraft, WoW and other Diablo games). Sometimes I can find info, like in RoS but for the most (especially WoW) all the album composers are merged together. Either the Collector Edition discs won't help for the most as there's no a detailed data. So I'm asking: any of you (hey, Blizz, you too!) have any information about the composer(s) of every Blizzard soundtrack? I'd really like to know who composed what I'm listening instead of having a full soccer team next to it. So far I was able to find the following data: - Diablo 1 & 2 (well, easy: Matt Uelmen) - Diablo 3 Reaper of soul - Warcraft III reign of chaos - Taverns of Azeroth All the rest (mostly World of Warcraft) is totally missing. Any help? Thanks.Ebano1 Sep 10
Sep 8 D2 exp west ladder still down Diablo 2 expansion West ladder is it still downmapile81 Sep 8
Sep 6 fan plot for diablo 4! So I won't go nitty gritty on this fan plot of mine but I did think of something that could be very interesting. So as we know in diablo 3 the black soul stone is destroyed releasing all of the demons back on earth, and that our character becomes basically death incarnate with all of his/her power now. So what if diablo 4 was that you played a brand new character that wasn't Nephilim and actually helped your past character fine the demons and slay them once again but when you finally slaw diablo and seal his souls inside the stone your previous character takes it and claims its power as his/her own as a way to defy even the gods themselves. So now this is where another journey begins and you choose to either stay as your character you have been playing or play as an angel or demon and a pact is formed to where angel human and demon join forces to fight a threat greater than anything before. its a silly plot in some ways but I think it could be interesting if it were done right.gora7 Sep 6
Sep 5 Path of Exile is the real D3 Quite surprising actually. Didn't realize this until I decided to give it a try last night, I was instantly hooked and played the game for 7 hours straight o.o For those of you out there who haven't discovered PoE yet and want to play a real Diablo game, I highly recommend it.Spawn38 Sep 5
Sep 5 Blizzard hiring Senior Producer for Diablo II Remaster Well it's happening I guess it was just about time. I guess we can officially once and for good say goodbye to Diablo III. The greatest Diablo game is being remastered. Proof : https://mmoexaminer.com/blizzard-hiring-senior-producer-diablo-ii-remaster/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/6w5tom/blizzard_hiring_senior_producer_for_diablo_ii/ https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oR9k5fw9Boogerman138 Sep 5
Sep 5 Diablo II Remastered Hello Blizzard, hello Diablo Community, recently I noticed the Starcraft I remastered version. I love this idea to "pimp" old games with a new graphic and dont touch the original game design. I would love to see a remastered version of Diablo II. Blizzard do you ever consider to do your Diablo community this favor? +++ Dont let the original Diablo II game design die +++None101 Sep 5
Sep 5 Incoming Diablo 4? So if you guys aren't aware this happened yesterday: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755697077 Holinka left the WoW team to work in another unannounced project. Linking this with the current already known facts (such as Blizzard being searching for people for the Game Director spot), and with the other franchises being in a good shape (Starcraft receiving a remastered version, WoW just received a new patch and a raid that will be open next week, Heroes of the Storm just suffered a massive rework, Overwatch has a solid and locked team with an incoming new map, Hearthstone released a new expansion not long ago...), do you think that this might be a sign that a new saga is on the way? Even though I'm not a fan of Holinka, it still makes my heart beat a little bit faster with the hope of a possible new game and better game overall. Since all the franchises are already in a good status and with a proper development... Can we start dreaming? I confess that I've stopped playing Diablo 3 for a long time but I'm still a huge fan of the Diablo franchise and I can only hope that the next release brings full justice to the game. P.S: I didn't include Destiny on the list for obvious reasons. Destiny does not belong to Blizzard. Also I still find the whole big stage on Blizzcon to be something that was meant for a bigger announcement than just Necromancer. The last year that Diablo got such a big stage was with the announcement of Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls. That was it. And the whole dice theory...Pyro81 Sep 5
Sep 5 Game company using your Diablo name Just wanted to report that this game company listed in this link, is using your name Diablo to pull in customers. I suggest you check this out please. https://www.facebook.com/god.sonetgame/ Best Regards,Night1 Sep 5
Sep 2 Put Diablo 1 on Gameranger Hello, Gameranger is a program that allows games (usually older games) that have had they're online capability discontinued (in most cases) to be played once more online with other players. Lately I've been trying to play Diablo 1 online, and have significant trouble finding a way to do it. Gameranger would be it so easy. It would be great if I could play Diablo 1, with my Hellfire 1.01 expansion online on Gameranger. Some players are at a loss as to what to do off-season in Diablo 3, and this would provide a great option for them. I think it would be really nice if Blizzard allowed Gameranger to host Diablo 1, and would show a lot of people that Blizzard really cares. I don't see how Blizzard would lose out on anything or anyone by doing this. Any thoughts on this?Karrtell3 Sep 2
Sep 1 Masterclass on how to engage your community For the D3 team, this is a short masterclass on how to engage your community in a meaningful way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2i6RDmbNcBlossomDead3 Sep 1
Sep 1 Diablo 2 - TRADING? hey guys i was thinking about getting diablo 2. I dont care about graphics, I care about content. I would like a game I can play with a couple good friends of mine that also allowed me to trade gear with them - even if we are not playing together at that exact time. I just want to trade with my buddies the great loot i find or vice versa at any time. I dont care about botters or 3rd party sites selling gear, it doesnt affect me at all. is trading allowed in d2? thanks! :)Rapture39 Sep 1
Aug 31 2nights major expantion, class?. Im gona go with a Sion Sparker.Ondagubben2 Aug 31
Aug 29 Diablo 3 Hi I Don't Have Reaper Of Souls Version Has anyone Have Diablo 3 only Without reaper of souls update ?AliNuseir1 Aug 29
Aug 28 How to convert DIII's sound files? I'm using Ladik's MPQ Editor to browse through Diablo's MPQs (in read-only mode, I'm not modifying them) and I noticed that most of the sound files are in FSB, SMP, SND or MUS format. Some of the music files are already in Ogg format, which I can use. Does anyone know of a good program to convert any or all of these formats into something usable like Ogg or MP3? Windows seems to recognise the SND files as "AU Format Sound", but they won't play when opened in Windows Media Player or QuickTime. I've done a bit of Googling and found FMOD Designer to play the FSB files, but it doesn't seem to have any way of converting them to other formats. This is a lot easier to do with WoW since it stores all its sounds as Ogg or MP3 in the MPQs.Choonster21 Aug 28
Aug 27 For D2 players who want borderless FullScreen Will i play on 1080p monitor, doesn't matter if i change res to 800x600 still shows as a small box on screen instead of full screen, And when i did window mode, and maximize the window, the pixels just looked horrible. But i found a program maybe some of you not aware of, there many others out there like it, but i like the current one I am using, so your choice if you want to use this one or find one you would prefer more. How to set it up Go to link to download borderless gaming, https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases Right click on d2 lod icon, Select properties, in target section, at the end of Diablo II.exe" want a space -w like so. Diablo II.exe" -w then hit ok now change your main monitor resolution to 800x600, now load up borderless gaming app, Always run the program in admin Now load up diablo 2 lod in admin, Once you do that, go back to borderless gaming, below Applications section, you will see Diablo ll, highlight it by clicking on Diablo II, Then click on the arrow that says add, if done correctly Diablo II will be on right side, in Favorites. Once you do all that now hit tools, And click on Full Applications refresh. now you playing in full screen borderless mode and pixels don't look like crap. (^_^) But remember, once you join a new game, will have to repeat the Full Application refresh. Well Not the best well written guide, just did it quick hope it help those who wanted the pixels to not look like crap and wanted borderless full screen.DragonsBlood5 Aug 27
Aug 23 WarCraft III has a new PTR up! Check this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/ There's a blizzard invitational tournament today.CALLMEOCT8 Aug 23
Aug 22 I will admit it Path Of Exile is Horrible!!! Please note my post is my opinion alone and I do not expect everyone to agree with me since everyone has different taste and preferences but I will state my case. Thank god I didn't pay $10 for that beta key and got it free. I played it for a few days and its just horrid. First it starts off epic, stranded on the beach rain storm with lighting striking and producing epic dynamic shadows better than even that of doom 3. Then the rain stops and you never see that effect again for the rest of the game. You go down in caves and you realize how outdated the graphics are. But all of that I could live with I mean graphics don't exactly make games. What I cannot stand is the horrid character animation the characters look like they have arthritis. There is no substance when attacking a enemy it feels like some fake atari game. The so called impressive skilled tree web looked impressive at first until I realize I wasted my points leveling bow and arrow for my tank. I mean I was going strength until i realized it was more effective to use a bow and arrow on your tank than level str points and go melee and then you realize enemies are jumping on you later on so now and arrows are useless. By now the damage has been done. Now I can appreciate Diablo3 for what it is and thank god I don't have to waste time on skill tree and its done automatic. Now the other issue, there is no flag for your party members like there is in Diablo 3. So you cannot just simply teleport to your friends it don't work like that you must manually run and find your friends BWAHAHAHAHA. Are these people for real? There is no floating names about your friend's head so you cannot even locate your friend in camp LOL and it has a ton of people in camp that is not even in your party. When my friend had to deal with this frustration he left in under 10 minutes and uninstalled it. The people who are making this game loves to brag about them being hardcore ARPG fans but they lack customer service skills. Its not about what you want its about customers want and trust me customers do not want that. That hardcore ARPG design is annoying and a massive inconvenience in this day and age. Diablo 2 was good for its time but its horrid in this present time. POE is one of the worst Diablo 2 knock offs I have ever seen. You have never seen such a slow and boring snoozefest in your life. The game it self looks like a 2001 lord of the rings game that I had on my PS2 except the graphics on that was better and animations were light years ahead. All I have noticed about POE is in their general chat every sentence is how Diablo 3 sucks and there is no Blizzard if there is no Blizzard North etc. The game is bad and can get boring quickly. Its an interesting game but feels way to boring and lonely. Admittedly Diablo 3 isn't exactly the fun now as it use to be when I first got it. It has gotten a little stale and boring also but with RMAH I can still farm for my lottery jackpot legendary that I may never get. So RMAH gives me a reason to keep playing D3. POE its just bad in my opinion. Character animation really killed it for me with their arthritis simulation. I now see the lead developer for POE is a clown when he said games today their art are too much like cartoon and that he has the solution. Making it look realistic. I conclude he is clueless about what is great art. No one has mastered great art like Blizzard and Valve. He is right about one thing though great art isn't cartoon but at the same time it isn't photo realistic. Great art is Diablo 3 and Team Fortress 2JOHN38 Aug 22
Aug 21 Pc question .FrogBrew0 Aug 21
Aug 21 what would you like in diablo 4? Okay, so I think we all know diablo 4 will be coming in the next few years (please god not another long wait for more diablo) BUT! what do you want to see in the next diablo? I remember people speculating about diablo 4 many many months ago and one of the ideas or speculations really stuck with me. A "dark souls" esque style game with all the diablo elements in it. now, I know the "dark souls" or "demondarkbloodsoulsborne" genre is getting maybe a little out of hand with all those games but I think it would fit very well in a diablo like setting. main issue would be abilities, some being tossed out the window while others stay. but if they do a "demondarkbloodsoulsborne" style game with diablo I think that would be great with the gameplay style of dark souls being mashed in to the loot farm style of game. buuuuuuuuuut there comes another issue, and that would be maps, because having rng maps would be hard for a game like that imo unless its stuck in some castle labyrinth kind of thing. what do you guys think? and what new interesting twists to the game would you desire if they changed the formula once again!gora12 Aug 21
Aug 18 Much needed updates! I think i speak for everyone when i say Modders in non-seasonal on all consoles game play to over-powering not worth playing game !!! CHEATS MUST BE STOPPED.GodClan0 Aug 18
Aug 18 Much needed updates! Modern in non-seasonal consoles game play to over-powering not worth playing game !!!GodClan0 Aug 18
Aug 17 StarCraft Remastered (D2 next?) For you StarCraft players how does the remaster look?Avalon13 Aug 17
Aug 17 D3 Logitech ARX applet? I was wondering if there is any interest in making an applet for the logitech ARX control for D3. Or if one already exist. Anyone know anything about it?Davefin3 Aug 17
Aug 16 Similar games to D3, but more skill based? Got Diablo 3. Been playing it for a couple of days now. It's the first RPG of its kind that i played (isometric, mouse-focused control, loot and stats heavy). It's pretty fun, but i would probably enjoy it a lot more if it were more skill based and not so much focus on grinding to level up and find better gear in order to progress. My all time favorite RPGs are Dark Souls 1 & 3. I love how those games reward technical skill more than having a character with good gear and stats. Defeating enemies and winning battles is so effin satisfying in those games because you know you earned it after all the hard work you put in to become skilled at the game. So my question is, what games are similar to Diablo but demands more skill from the player to progress in the game? (PS: Took a quick look at Victor Vran and Grim Dawn. How are those games?)Mikekey4 Aug 16
Aug 15 Why I feel D4 isn't likely to be nearby If you guys ever wanna see D4, I'd seriously consider you all stop bagging D3. ~ big thing to project at people, but it's also true and here's why.. The unfortunate reality of today's mass social era, is that most people now disregard official news as being merely 'factoidal'. Everyone has access to everyone else through online socialisation, so they look to that as 'first hand' and the resulting opinions that are offered to be something they can gravitate around, or understand easily, as 'authoritative'; when truth is its neither and often far from the truth, too often personally motivated. Sometimes even down-right inconsiderate. What happens is business in this industry tend to react by hedging their bets, shortening their margins and big projects that would've, normally, gotten the big-ticket. Now get shoe-horned into tighter project streams and budgets. The most valuable information they can glean, is that they no longer have the audience they once thought they enjoyed. A few years ago, when mass social online was waxing; the fact so many people were "talking", meant there was still an audience. It's not like that anymore, too many realities have compacted that opinion. How many franchises don't we see anymore since 2012? Of the ones we do, how many actually fit expectation? - over the course of 3 or 4yrs, highly anticipated games literally end up releasing very differently to their reveal announcements. Developers are announcing projects earlier so they have the space to change their targets, if they feel the trends going against them. You guys gotta start being a little more realistic about what you say, because it's word-of-mouth now. The concept that "if you can beat everyone off with a stick, it'll force developers to scrap and start anew", just isn't the case anymore. The business end of this industry dictates everything and they won't put ten's (sometimes hundreds), of millions of dollars into producing high risk. Therefore meaning diminishing returns for the end consumer (you) as they condense and down scale their vision to fit their projection. It's not just you all that's affected, their creative freedom is too. And the fact is, a lot of you are still here, still playing and reporting the most un-objective opinions; is highly counter-productive to your current desires, not just desires going forward into more content, expansion, or even new games in the series. For example, why complain there's fewer players to play with in a game or on a platform, when you literally promoted that exact scenario? Ya know, there's a motto I enjoy in life that helps me immensely and it goes, "If you cannot help, then at least do not hinder, and do no harm" - I do my best to be aware of that. If you've thrashed the game to death, then there's nothing wrong with taking a break and doing something else. It's been suggested by many, often and it's wisdom offered, I feel many take for granted. I've gone and come back to this game, many times over the years. However, when asked about my absence (from within the game, not the forums), I simply state burnout, because it is just that. There's nothing valuable or constructive about hanging around to drive others away, negatively impact on their experience, or harm general perception of the community and game it's attached to. Contradicting people that are reporting they are enjoying themselves and virally repeating why you are not has nothing but adverse effects on the whole thing. You'll end up even less happy with the result, if after that point you're even still around to face that reality. In short, don't get beleaguered by your doubts, people place their trust in that. Maintain your objectivity and good things will come from that.Paladinrja20 Aug 15
Aug 14 Got back into D2 recently after years... Of neglect and I'm having a blast playing it. I never really sat down and played the campaign through thouroughly as i was rushed through everytime. Took me about 3-4 hours to finish act 1 and do 4 andy runs(i know I'm a complete noob at d2). What i noticed about d2 is it seems like much more of a challenge even on normal difficulty(when compared to d3) and when you get an upgrade it's very satisfying. I had to use all my antidote potions, most of my mana/health pots and barely beat andro(first time through). D3 is a walk in the park compared to this game. I can see why i had soo much fun playing this game back in the day(and i think im enjoying it more than i did back then) but I'm sad i hadn't got into it sooner. Here's to hoping blizzard announces d2 remaster soon but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I haven't had this much enjoyment with a game in a long time...i can see why soo many people still play it!quick5ilver7 Aug 14
Aug 13 Diablo 4 - What do we expect? - #2 [Old conversation reached the maximum of 500 replies] http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20744734292?page=1 My main issues with Diablo 3, and what I think must be done in Diablo 4 to make it awesome. Important Fact in D3: Rifts, Grifts and Bounties were implemented in D3 because the fans disliked the static world of Diablo 3, and the developers wanted to preserve the hard work put into the static world of Diablo 3 AKA "Story-Mode". Rifts, Grifts and Bounties should not come back in D4... Rifts and Grifts are entirely detached from the game-world. Grifts are timed, and timers have no place in a game like Diablo. Further, Grifts only promote support classes to boost damage-classes to achieve leaderboards. Bounties should be implemented into the actual game world. Bounty-Like objectives would be linked to killing Bosses and this is explained down below in the Boss-Section. What should NOT be repeated in Diablo 4? Quick list before we get into more substance: No Boss-Fight cut-scenes (of any kind) that interrupt game flow in ANY fashion No Boss-talk like Azz-modan aka "the most (retarded) great general of all time" No Butterflies No Ponies or TeddyBears (aka PR-stunts that went horribly wrong) No colorful Hidden Maps that trigger Epilepsy (aka PonyLevel) again PR-stunt going wrong No exaggerated explosions and effects when all we do is hit monsters with swords, axes etc. (Caster classes obviously can have more effects that are linked to the element (Fire, Cold, Lightning, Poison) No 4-Player restrictions in a 8+ player game. (do not allow consoles to gimp the PC version EVER AGAIN) No Billion or Trillion Damage numbers anymore No free sets or items in a loot driven ARPG No wow-leveling model (aka everyone is 70), instead we want a capped max level like in the previous games, and getting max level is reserved for people putting in the effort and time. At the same time, reaching max level should not enable you to play endgame, it should make it simply more efficient. This means that casuals and noob-sauce can play endgame but are also encouraged to become normal players, or go back to candy-crush on their phones. No death-timers where the player must wait more than 1 second to revive. Any death timer where the player must stare at the screen, forcing the player to alt-tab out of the game to go surf the web for 30 second is absolutely ridiculous. Who had the idea to implement something like this into an ARPG? Seriously? No purely Static Maps and Areas EVER AGAIN in an ARPG No "Random Tiles in Static Maps" EVER AGAIN - Nice try though... NOT... No alienation of all Diablo 1 and 2 fans EVER AGAIN. No detached game aspects that are entirely separate from the Diablo-World (aka Rifts,Grifts, Bounties). No "Smart-Loot" (as it only made the loot hunt even more boring and unexciting) No Main-Stat anymore per character, and all stat-types should give benefits to all classes the same. No scaling off of Main-Hand-Weapon only: Allow all item slots to contribute to killing power. Having all the power scale ONLY based on the main hand weapon is really boring. When we take off the main hand weapon, we deal basically no damage. But what about the skills choices we made and what about the character development we went through? does that not count at all? No 10+ difficulties breaking the community into 10+ "realms". Give us a normal classic difficulty aka Normal->Nightmare->Hell, and the majority of players in end-game should be in Hell difficulty, but allow Nightmare difficulty to yield some items that are also end-game items. In seasons, we should have to play through all difficulties because the character leveling should be more like D2 and less like D3 (aka WOW), where everyone reaches a flat 70. Alright, now lets get to it, for those that want to read some more :) The World: The Diablo 4 world should be dark, frightening, gory and give the same feel D1 and D2 gave. Now... when i say "dark" I do not mean literally dark so we can't see anything. By "dark" I mean medieval dirty world, that has been splattered by gore of countless battles. Creepy light-effects such as torches on walls illuminating the objects, monsters and the player. Why? Because the gates of HELL opened up and the world is breaking apart. During our travels through the world, we should see the remains of heroes and monsters that were slaughtered by others. We should encounter horrible and gory areas where heroes and normal diablo world inhabitants were killed or converted to become evil. The world could even bring back memorable areas and structures from D1, and D2, even if they are not part of the quests. But how cool would it be if we find the Tower from D2 and the end dungeon on the last floor has again a mini-boss that drops runes again among all the other loot. How about revisiting Travincal, The Arreat Summit, The chaos Sanctuary? (Those areas could be side-areas to give the player a feel of "I have been here before, what a creepy experience that was, and now I am here fighting all over again"). Diablo should feel like a Diablo game, and I remember when I started up D2 for the first time, and I immediately felt "at home" as it felt very "Diablo", even though it was different from D1 in some ways. Itemization: Items must be "down to earth" and we do not want damage numbers in the billions or trillions. Keep it normal and simple, and allow for PVP to be possible without one-shotting players. The damage and defenses should NOT come entirely from the weapon damage. Instead the source of damage should be 50% from the "player-build" and 50% from gear and other things like charms. Defense should be 30% coming from "player-build" and 70% from items. It should be possible for players to play the game comfortably in the hardest difficulty with average gear. But if players want to be efficient with Bosses, Mini-Bosses and to reach the deepest dungeons, they must find the best gear in the game. (This is how D2 was) Act Bosses and Mini-Bosses should drop loot like in previous Diablo games. Bosses could be set up that the player must kill 3-4 unique or champion bosses on the way to the Boss (Think of this like bounty objectives). Those unique monsters and champions could drop "Key Fragments" and once you have 4 Fragments of a key, you can open the gate to the boss in that act in order to kill the boss for loot. Also a cool thing would be that some Bosses could require the player to spin a "wheel of fortune" and depending on the "roll" the player must fight certain mini-bosses before being allowed into the quarters of the End-Boss. The "rolled" mini bosses could also have hordes of monsters fighting on their side, and the Mini-Bosses could have "Mini-Mini-Bosses" that give Auras to the hordes and the Mini-Bosses, so the player must eliminate key-targets first to make the hordes being able to be one-shot. So the player must asses the situation and fight strategically and very targeted in order to be successful in the fight. (Much better than just MOWING down monsters, before the graphics card can even display the monster) Quests should often include things like the requirement to open seals and fight mini-bosses before fighting actual Bosses (aka Diablo fight in D2). Quests should have random aspects to the quest, that varies every time the player loads a game. For example, one time the quest is to get an important scroll or artifact to some NPC in town, but in order to open a gate to the dungeon where the scroll lies, the player must eliminate SuperUnique Mini-Bosses A, B and C. But in the next game, the mini-bosses that must be hunted are A, D, and E. Also there should be quests that are not mandatory for the regular quest-path. D2 had many quests that were not mandatory, but completing them gave perks such as permanent resistances, permanent extra-skill-points, permanent extra-stats for allocation. This was awesome! Now make plenty of those extra quests and make them more difficult than the regular mandatory quests. I remember getting powerful enough through leveling in D2, and once i was ready, I would go back to do some of the special quests to get my extra stats, extra skill-points, and extra resistances. All Maps in the game world should be randomized every time a new game is launched. Acts, Areas, Dungeons, Surface Areas, all must be randomized every time. Further we want "deep dungeons" - Those will be deep randomized dungeons (with specific themes according to Act, such as "The Pit" in D2) in various areas and acts of the game, that get harder the deeper you go. Loot drops and xp is increased the deeper one goes. There should be a final dungeon floor that is very hard to "clear" but should be doable easily once players are fully geared in the best gear the game has to offer. Towns must have bonfires in town and the towns should give the feel of safety. Towns must also be better designed and formed than in D3. In D3 towns, there are way too many single-paths rather than open space. Camera-View: The distance to the player model (distance between camera view and the player model) must be increased. It is WAY to close in D3, 99% of the world architecture is not visible because the camera is so close. The camera distance to the player was WAY better in D2 than it is in D3. Please do not repeat the same camera distance in D4. The camera distance during the Belial fight is MUCH better than during the rest of the game. Player-Builds: D4 must have a sense of "this is my build" and we want it to feel unique from other players to the highest possible extend. This is only possible if the developers give us powerful skills to choose from, and then let US find out combinations that are powerful. It is VERY important that developers do NOT design any builds, instead developers give us the bits and pices and lets US create builds. In D2, developers DID not create ANY builds, they just gave us skills to put points into, and people were able to build hybrid builds etc. Builds must be player-creations (NOT DEVELOPER CREATIONS) This can be achieved by any point allocation systems, Skill-Trees or whatever "pick and choose" allocation system you guys will put in. Just dont make it so ridiculously trivialized like the D3 Skill system. We do not want Set's that are linked to single Developer-Designed builds! Allow people to specialize in for example Fire-Mastery by truly letting players customize a FireBuild. Allow all classes to be end-game viable while wearing a shield. But also allow glass cannons to succeed by giving abilities to glass-cannon style builds that allow the player to survive through player-skill. Design D4 in a way, where players that play together, can truly work together to fight the evil hordes. For example, every class should have a skill that blocks monsters or certain attacks from reaching or closing in on a player. So players must work together to shield and protect each other from harms way, while at the same time dishing out damage to down the monsters. UI-Clutter: It is very important in D4 to not have a mini-map present at all times, instead, allow players to either have it or minimize it. Allow players to use the map feature however they want. Further, Ensure that the interface does not interfere with fierce battle. Too often i click random "sub-Menus" or other crap simply because my mouse hoovered over the portrait of a fellow-player in the middle of a battle. Allow players to either ENABLE or DISABLE "notification popups" such as "WOOW! you just picked up 500 gold, congrats on the achievement". Also notifications of "kill streaks" or ANY kind of popup, should be able to be turned OFF in the menus. The majority of players DO NOT ENJOY the popup and achievement SPAM on the screen. All the screen spam is really taking away from the "Diablo" experience. Diablo is not freaking Street-Figher or some POKEMON game. Character progression and leveling: No endless paragon (except if it gives cosmetic rewards only past a certain level cap) Instead we want a set max character level (like D2 had lvl 99) and ensure that by reaching 65-70% of max character level, it allows players to play the endgame (highest difficulty) to the fullest extend. Playing in the mid-level difficulty should allow for some end-game items to be able to drop already, and the system should be designed that playing mid-level difficulty should not feel like "i am a noob, and everyone else is in hell difficulty". In D2 for example, many endgame items were obtainable in Nightmare before reaching Hell difficulty. This is a very important thing. Leveling higher than 75% of max character level adds further power & defense, but is basically just "icing on the cake", and it only allows to be more efficient in killing bosses and all other monsters, and it also allows for being tougher and be able to take more incoming damage without having to worry too much. Players that spend a lot of time playing, should be able to reach high or max character level if they choose to devote the time in doing so. It should be a "status symbol" aka "I invested a lot of time playing" and my reward is that i can play much more efficiently and can down the hardest content on my own with ease. I truly "PWN" the hardest difficulty. Its something that all "casuals" can look up to, and it works like a real motivator to play the game. No "Main-Stat" system anymore, so gear can be used universally by all classes in most cases. This allows for crazy builds to emerge, other than those forced by the developers. Let's keep in mind that Developers did NOT create ANY builds in D2, and all the builds were created by Fans by theorizing potential builds. And that worked well in my opinion, because although some classes were WAY more powerful than others, at some point it did not matter anymore, because if a monster is killed with a 10k hit vs a 4k hit, as the monster dies with one or two hits anyways. I believe its much easier for developers to adjust individual skill damage, rather than balancing 9999 items, because in D3 items dictate the damage WAY too much. Its either have the item, or dont do any damage. (and this sucks) This basically ties into the belief that character damage should be 40-50% coming from character development, skill choices, skill boosting through point allocation, Skill-synergies, and the rest should be coming from gear. Game Music - The Game Music is not bad by any means in Diablo 3, but it feels "too epic" and too "WOW" IMHO. I do not ever feel "creepy" or "hopeless". Diablo 1 and especially Diablo 2, had truly amazing Background-Music for a game like Diablo. It was a "perfect" match. So maybe in Diablo 4, we could have Matt Uelmen compose the music? How awesome would that be... ?!. Let's keep in mind, that every composer has a STYLE, and Matt Uelmen has the "style" needed for a game like Diablo. His style is unique. He is your guy to make it happen! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Uelmen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVMe1pMI1C0TOPCommander19 Aug 13