Games & Technology

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming, and hardware. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903180496 Further reading - Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Request Sticky Tips & Information Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules Contact List MVP FAQBashiok0 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums!Bashiok0 May 10, 2012
3d Battle Brawlers (Competitive RTS Steam) I must say, I had NO IDEA what this game was and just so happened to try it. I think this game has to be the most fun I ever had! Usually these kind of games have one or two "cookie cutter" unit builds but this game has SOOOOO many units that there are endless possibilities on how to win. To top that off, you start with random units every match in which you can reroll every 60 seconds. If you are looking for a very FUN strategy game, FREE.... Check this out.... The game might come across as pay2win... Trust me, after playing 50+ hours I will say that it isn't pay2win at all. What matters is your skill.... And you also unlock stuff quickly if you complete all your daily tasks/quests. I have almost all units unlocked and a full rune page without paying any money. CHECK IT OUT! https://store.steampowered.com/app/823600Raserei0 3d
3d I will admit it Path Of Exile is Horrible!!! Please note my post is my opinion alone and I do not expect everyone to agree with me since everyone has different taste and preferences but I will state my case. Thank god I didn't pay $10 for that beta key and got it free. I played it for a few days and its just horrid. First it starts off epic, stranded on the beach rain storm with lighting striking and producing epic dynamic shadows better than even that of doom 3. Then the rain stops and you never see that effect again for the rest of the game. You go down in caves and you realize how outdated the graphics are. But all of that I could live with I mean graphics don't exactly make games. What I cannot stand is the horrid character animation the characters look like they have arthritis. There is no substance when attacking a enemy it feels like some fake atari game. The so called impressive skilled tree web looked impressive at first until I realize I wasted my points leveling bow and arrow for my tank. I mean I was going strength until i realized it was more effective to use a bow and arrow on your tank than level str points and go melee and then you realize enemies are jumping on you later on so now and arrows are useless. By now the damage has been done. Now I can appreciate Diablo3 for what it is and thank god I don't have to waste time on skill tree and its done automatic. Now the other issue, there is no flag for your party members like there is in Diablo 3. So you cannot just simply teleport to your friends it don't work like that you must manually run and find your friends BWAHAHAHAHA. Are these people for real? There is no floating names about your friend's head so you cannot even locate your friend in camp LOL and it has a ton of people in camp that is not even in your party. When my friend had to deal with this frustration he left in under 10 minutes and uninstalled it. The people who are making this game loves to brag about them being hardcore ARPG fans but they lack customer service skills. Its not about what you want its about customers want and trust me customers do not want that. That hardcore ARPG design is annoying and a massive inconvenience in this day and age. Diablo 2 was good for its time but its horrid in this present time. POE is one of the worst Diablo 2 knock offs I have ever seen. You have never seen such a slow and boring snoozefest in your life. The game it self looks like a 2001 lord of the rings game that I had on my PS2 except the graphics on that was better and animations were light years ahead. All I have noticed about POE is in their general chat every sentence is how Diablo 3 sucks and there is no Blizzard if there is no Blizzard North etc. The game is bad and can get boring quickly. Its an interesting game but feels way to boring and lonely. Admittedly Diablo 3 isn't exactly the fun now as it use to be when I first got it. It has gotten a little stale and boring also but with RMAH I can still farm for my lottery jackpot legendary that I may never get. So RMAH gives me a reason to keep playing D3. POE its just bad in my opinion. Character animation really killed it for me with their arthritis simulation. I now see the lead developer for POE is a clown when he said games today their art are too much like cartoon and that he has the solution. Making it look realistic. I conclude he is clueless about what is great art. No one has mastered great art like Blizzard and Valve. He is right about one thing though great art isn't cartoon but at the same time it isn't photo realistic. Great art is Diablo 3 and Team Fortress 2JOHN50 3d
3d Diablo 4 - World of Diablo MMORPG in development I have something really huge to spoil here. Blizzard is currently starting to allocate more developers for the future of Diablo series game. They are currently working on an Unannounced Project which I will simply call "Diablo 4" or "World of Diablo" since it's a MMORPG game. It's going to be a MMORPG like World of Warcraft, but with the isometric view just like Diablo and Path of Exile. But they are striving for something that look like to be more in the Lineage Eternal Twilight Resistance or Lost Ark scale (MMORPG, Open-World, Town Hub with tons of players, Trade, PVP, Raid, Dungeon, Loot, Craft, Exploration, ect). It's my personal opinion but I'm pretty confident that DUSTIN BROWDER former Game Director of Heroes of the Storm have switched over to work on this unannounced Diablo project about 6 months ago in December 2016 and quote from him in a YouTube videos "The most ambitious and promising project of my career". I can't wait to see how polished and well balanced this game could be. Finally a Diablo game that will live up to the expectations of franchise fans. I expect nothing less than AAA graphics, open-world, with tons of stuff to do from Blizzard in this isometric dark-fantasy MMOARPG. I think the project is still very preliminary and they are still working on servers stuff and design but I also think that they have a clear vision in mind. To gain back the Diablo fans they have lost with the dissapointment that Diablo 3 was despite the 30+ millions of sales worldwide. I'm guessing we will have a proper official reveal at BlizzCon 2017 or 2018 max and that the game will not be in a playable state before at least 2021 or more. Also, David Bravik, former Blizzard North / Diablo 2 and the first iteration of Diablo 3 (cancelled in 2005) developer recently speaked about the fact Diablo 3 first iteration made by Blizzard North in the 2003-2004 era was an MMORPG much like World of Warcraft, several screenshot of this build have leaked on the web after the departure of Blizzard North employee in 2005. But this game was cancelled for whatever reason and Diablo 3 became what we now know as a 4 player co-op ARPG game. He also talked about Diablo 2 development who had "Town Hub" developped at some point but the feature was cancelled due to the lack of time before official game release. They wanted to put all the players from the public chat channel into an in-game Town Hub instance for trade, etc. PRODUCTION DIRECTOR, UNANNOUNCED PROJECT : https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o8Rq5fwe Lead the developers of one of the industry’s bestselling, genre-defining RPGs of all-time: Diablo! Blizzard is seeking a Production Director to bring the Diablo franchise into the future. Massive multiplayer game development experience Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in working at Blizzard and specifically Diablo What do you think of all this? Personally, i'm very excited and I can't wait to hear more from Blizzard in the coming months about this project.Epsilons134 3d
4d Games like Diablo 3 I have gone about as far as I can in Diablo 3 don't ever see myself doing a GR 70 solo. So I'm not getting anything to drop worth my time in playing. But it was a great game can anyone tell me other games like Diablo 3. I just started playing a old game called titan quest and it shows promise. TY for any help.Bly24 4d
6d was thinking about playing modded d2 so path of diablo or median xlbigmickwagon0 6d
Jul 14 Wolcen: First time playing... And it's fresh. It's beautiful. The gameplay feels good and smooth. The beta launches in October. I'm going to get as immersed as i possibly can. Any other takes on the game?DieHard33 Jul 14
Jul 13 Diablo 3 vs Path of Exile 2017 comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7zJg7bytX0&t=2sCastortroy42 Jul 13
Jul 12 Diablo 2 1.14D in 1080p or Hi-Res? Hey guys, is there a way to play D2 in 1080p or Hi-Res? Thanks in advance! :O)m3ta1he4d26 Jul 12
Jul 8 Diablo IV Diablo 4 will have 13 main bosses including the prime and lesser evil of the past Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto and Baal. The best loot can only drop from them. Yellow items have the chance to roll insane stats that will make them meta items. White items have a chance to roll highest damage (weapon), highest armor (armor). Gray items have a chance to be ethereal therefore become the best items in the game. Primal ethereal grays = gg Legendary items will remain the best items in the game. Unique items will be back but you will only be able to have one unique per account and bound to one char only. Druid, amazon, assassin, paladin, warrior and rogue are back. Tyrael goes back to being Archangel. Diablo 4 is an RPG and mmorpg at the same time. The 3D perspective will be the same. There are only 3 servers : USeast, USwest, EU. The RPG part can be bought by regular price . The mmorpg part has another cost plus monthly pay for maintaining the server. The mmorpg contains a world with more dungeons and greater monsters and demons of the underworld. The mmorpg will be nothing like WoW. There are the nephalem. And then the demons that can now be played by players. The demons (players) have no gear but can upgrade abilities and stats by killing players and other demons. Players can become prime evil bosses and lesser evil bosses in rare cases but to achieve the goal to become these unique monsters requires game time played, luck, nephalem ears collected, essences farmed, successful cities assaulted, etc. The game selects a handful of potential players to become prime /lesser evil bosses and they may temporarily replace the AI boss after which they return back to normal demon mode. A demon (player ) can control: a prime evil boss or a super elite or 1 unique or 3 elites or multiple zombies or huge army of swarm /small creatures. In HC all players loose their char and progress regardless of faction. To unlock higher difficulty all demons (players) must have farmed a number of essences / nephalem ears hks / pKS and dishonorable kills (killing other demons) Extreme rare gear will drop such as Imperius Might. ALL players will have 1 unique ability costomized at the start of the game: - color - effect - element - instant or overtime - AoE or single target - damage per cooldown - legendary addition (chill, 10% increase damage, shield, etc) All items will be sharable like in D2. This means you can give your unique items to another player or buy multiple accounts to get the uniques from them. EtcVeinmetal2 Jul 8
Jul 3 Diablo 2nd exp / Diablo 4 in Blizzcon 2018 !? Blizzcon 2018 is coming. There is a lot of hint and easter egg pointing towards a new Diablo 3 expansion. 1. The hint of Druid coming in game or by twitter 2. Cain in Heroes of the storm and the new skin of Cain, which look like Cain in Hell IMO. 3. April fool on saving Leah. So I am thinking are we going to see an announcement for diablo second expansion or diablo 4 in this year blizzcon. The expansion will add Druid as playable character with an update in diablo shop featuring new character skin, new skill fx, pets and wings. Dark Gothic design of diablo 1/2 as Hell in diablo 3: The story will lead us to hell, which we meet the hellish looking Cain (HOTS new skin). We will help to revive Cain. Afterward, we will help to collect Leah soul from 9 bosses to revive her. The bosses includes: the 7 lord of hell, Kabraxis. During the process of saving Leah, the nephalem accidental helped to revived Tathamet(diablo/Kabraxis become Tathamet?). After the glorious battle, Lilith and Inarius shows up steal the essence of Tathamet and the story end with the hint of another expansion. New game mode - Battle Royale: It allow up to 16 players to battle in a open map, filled with environment trap, monster and bosses. Player will gain equipment by killing other player or loot from supply chest. In the battle Royale mode, all player will gain a passive effect that give the bonus of LON. All item drop from the game is Ancient item with a chance of Primal Ancient. The first 3 place can keep 3 of the newly founded Ancient legendary after winning the battle. The 4-9 will got to keep 2 ancient item. 10- 13 will get to keep one. The last 3 will get nothing but will be able to enter the next battle with 1 extra item on start. The player can choose which one to keep at the end of the battle, the discarded item will become normal legendary item or be salvaged for battle shard. Battle shard will allow player to buy battlefield buff. This mode is intended to allow player to have fun in pvp, while providing opportunity to farm ancient item. New follower - Leah Another feature of this expansion is to earn Leah as a follower. She is a powerful half-demon, half nephalem hybrid. She will be able to use all 13 slots of equipment. She can be taught with skills from all 8 classes. Player have to teach her the skill by playing with her as follower. Leah is also able to learn skill from bosses. For example she can learn fire nova from diablo, meteor from belial, summoning from asmodian. She will also get her own 6 piece set which is crafted by defeating bosses. Each Boss will have a special 6 piece set, that will buff their own skill to a end game viable level. She is also able to use all set from all classes, so theortically you can build her as a healing support monk or a globe gen support necromancer. New system/game mode - boss charm adn boss rush rift: Player will be able to farm boss charm from the bosses. Charm will give players unique ability to replace their original skills. For example, belial will give wizard ability to cast meteor that is full screen. Asmodian charm will allow necromancer to summon skeleton champion or witch doctor to summon armored zombie dog. This will give player incentive to farm bosses and increase endgame variety. New system - skill leveling: Each skill can be level up further when the player reach level 80. It is a small buff to a skill but it also allow customization of skills. For example, Meteor skill can gain 20% more damage at max level or have its cooldown reduced by 20% or have its resource cost reduced by 20%. Wrath of the berserker can earn cooldown reduced by 20% or gain insanity rune or 20% increased duration. Player can also use the existing paragon level to level up the skills. The bonus earn will be permanent but it will be loss if the player is intended to change to a different bonus and it require a certain paragon level to be reset. This system is intended to act as a paragon level sink.XelNagaIvan29 Jul 3
Jul 1 Selling Gaming Setup Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Keyboard: BlackWidow Ultimate Headset: Carcharias Headset Rig: 16GB i-7 2600k 3.4GHz Soundblaster X-fi Sound Card PNY 580GTX 1.5GB Liquid Cooled 3TB 6GB/S WD Sabertooth P67 24" Monitor with HDMI, DVI, RGB. Asking 2.2k for full rig not selling in pieces. PICTURES \/\/\/\/\/\/ http://photobucket.com/GamingRiggg EDIT: contact me at j_cusick@lafilm.eduSavage2 Jul 1
Jul 1 Things you would like to see in Diablo 4 Name one thing you would include in Diablo 4 either from D1/D2/D3 or a new idea Me: Bring back Normal/Nightmare and Hell modes and get rid of the torment stuff.TakeNotes115 Jul 1
Jun 29 Sooo what the hell is going on with content In the past year, Path of Exile added six acts, hundreds of items, a ton of new monsters/bosses, and 32 end game maps over the course of two free expansions. Yes, act 1-3, leaves something to be desired, but everything after that is solid and amazing. In Diablo, we got a $15 DLC, with three playable areas, and maybe 10 new items? Every season in Diablo is exactly the same, but with some new wings. The kicker for me was reusing the legendary items from the year before. That's about when you lost me, at least before we could grind for a new set of gear. In Path of Exile, every season they add some kind of new mechanic. Complete with several new monsters and new code that significantly changes the way you have interacted with monsters. This season, along with the free expansion, we had the ground literally open up spewing half a dozen new monsters. What is the end game here? Why are you screwing with fans? Do you think we wouldn't notice a lack of content, or a new set of wings is enough to bring players back in? It's a joke now, a farce.aeries36 Jun 29
Jun 24 Kanais skorn anyone know how to get it still ?OfficerBoss0 Jun 24
Jun 23 Windows 10 Gaming Performance Issues ... I am currently running Win10 Pro Insiders builds (version1709, build 16291.0). I haven't encountered issues with Blizzard App and Diablo 3 64bit. (4790k, z96-g55-sli, 8gb ddr3, hd7870, 850 evo 256m.2) Uninstalled quite a few apps. Disabled some windows services. Turned off most privacy settings and notifications. ... ... Win10 Insiders Hub 16709 upvotes to make graphics driver updates optional 6932 upvotes to add GPU information to the performance tab in task manager 3885 upvotes NVIDIA graphics adapter encounters timeouts, resets, or crashes If having game performance issues, check out following -- https://www.att.com/support/internet/optimize-your-connection.html -- https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372811,00.asp -- https://lifehacker.com/5931743/top-10-ways-to-boost-your-home-wi-fi -- https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759315786?page=1#post-7SilverFox9 Jun 23
Jun 23 Fun 14 Minute Rapid-Fire History Of Gaming https://youtu.be/N75OmiKt2Yo I thought you might all enjoy it. Love to know what you think!BigAlChubbs0 Jun 23
Jun 22 How in your opinion skill system should be in D4? D3 is already done. You can criticize all day and it will probably never changed. But lets suppose that you can make changes into d4 skill system. What changes you will gonna make? I personally will pick exactly the skill trees from D2 and make a simple change, instead of only skill point/level, allow a "sub skill point" too. That sub skill points can will add "modifications" to current skills. For example : - Faster projectile speed - Multiple projectiles - Costs health instead of mana - Increase damage and costs health and mana - Casts other spell on hit - Casts other spell on kill - Elemental conversions - Larger AOE - Heal on hit (...) Each "modification" will affect the skill in a different way. Multiple projectiles will drastically increase the AOE usefulness of a spell like fireball but will reduce drastically the damage. That way each "sub class" will be more unique. A Frozen orb sorc will have tons of different ways to be played. A wind druid will or have a great DPS or a great AOE effect. Or imagine how cool summon multiple bone spirits at once will be.L0rdV1ct0r53 Jun 22
Jun 20 I don't see a pure viable summoner build for D2 From what I see at least in current build guides for D2 D2 nerco 'pet' build had skele only to kill the first enemy and rest was just killing packs with corpse explosion. Not a pet build at all and leveling with pets was slow pain, bosses often one shotting entire army of skellies and 2 maps in act 2 weren't doable because of narrow corridors. Also skele mage dmg was almost non existing. Druid was in very similar state using pets only as tanks and killing monsters with elemental spells. So well I'm actually happy that we have the gargantuan wd build and now I'm running the Necro Rathma pet build and enjoying it too. I'm having Singularity rune (thank Blizzgod the aoe rune variation got killed) on Skele mages and this summon isn't really that bad as people say. Very similar to Summon Raging Spirit in PoE but with a lot lower cast rate but the point is that finally our pets are dealing the damage here.Kaelos11 Jun 20
Jun 19 Rise of Agon is Awesome! I've been bouncing back and forth between Diablo 2 and Rise of Agon for the past while, I thought you guys might enjoy it. Fps style full loot mmo, hunting for items, sieging player cities, etc. Fun as hell and the best pvp I've played in ages. If you are a stickler for modern graphics it may not be for you as the graphics are more rustic. Anyway, here is a pvp video in case you're looking for something to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hug4Gfc9rPU&t=8sSilentstar0 Jun 19
Jun 19 Diablo 4, will it happen anytime soon? And i'm talking about d4 in the near future, not 10 years from now. Like if you think D4 is gonna happen soon. Dislike if you think D4 won't happen anytime soon or at all. I can't see why they wouldn't do it. It has been almost 6 years since the release of D3.Terimac32 Jun 19
Jun 18 Bring Back Trade In Diablo 4 I get that trading may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I find it hard to refute the idea that virtual economies are one of the most prominent incentives to grind MMO games like Diablo. I also get that trading was removed to combat 3rd party pixel sales, but was it really worth eradicating the game's economy? I would say no, & it's Diablo's loss of it's economy that influenced me, & undoubtedly many others, to move on to other games with one (Path of Exile). I understand my opinion regarding a virtual economy isn't shared among all, but I certainly think the topic of bringing back trade in Diablo 4 is worth discussing. What are your thoughts?Rosso45 Jun 18
Jun 18 The Diablo 2 Vs Diablo 3 Arguments Just my few cents I felt like throwing out. Every day you always have people insulting diablo 3, hating how its different / worse than diablo 2, etc etc. Honestly, diablo 2 has been out a damn long time, if diablo 3 was just an HD D2, people would probably get bored of it pretty quickly, and everyone would bash blizzard complaining about how its not different and unique, and how its just a d2 clone and a clear money grab. Even if diablo 2 was an overall better game, I for one rather have a slightly worse but still fun different game than just a remake of an older one, especially one I've already played for years. Thank you blizzard for making a new game instead of revamping a d2 and can't wait to play RoS :)Kageromero200 Jun 18
Jun 18 Is YoloMouse bannable? I recently upgraded to a 35" monitor, and while it's great I now seem to lose my cursor periodically. I searched for ways to increase size and found complains on this forum going back two years without response. I then found this: <Link Removed> I'd totally try this out but I know how any game modification seems to run the risk of eating a ban, so I was wondering if anyone had heard word on if this sort of modification was allowable or prohibited.Diomedes74 Jun 18
Jun 16 Path of Exile I have been playing blizzard games on and off for over 20 years. I really pains even me to admit that Diablo is dead. Playing Diablo in 1996 I never thought I would ever have to admit this. Not trying to persude people to stop playing. It just seems painfully obvious that nothing will come and I might as well at least switch to a game with active players and updates.TheOblivion14 Jun 16
Jun 14 SmartLoot = bigbrother. InstanceLoot = autism What is the point of a multiplayer game if the loot drops for your class? What is the point to try to understand where is the best area to grind, when a big brother scans your gear, scans hour habits, scans your mistakes, drop you items? What is the point to keep items for a reroll character or a friend when the system does not encourage it? Smart loot is just a way to control the will of the player to play longer, or to come back to the game. It's artificial, it's a bait. Regarding Shared loot vs instanced loot: When the loot is different, where is shared excitement of the party when an item drops onto the ground? What is the point of a multiplayer game if the game that your allies play and see, is different from yours? What is the point of a social game if greed and generosity can not be evaluated, in order to make real friends in your friendlist?Olbat1 Jun 14
Jun 13 Give us a diablo 2 remastered Please lord baby Jesus, with your flowing mullet and tuxedo shirt. Give me a diablo 2 remastered so I can be done with d3. Its tearing my family apart. O wise powerful lord, hear my plea. the world is succumbing to darkness.... Sincerely, Shaboinky.Jorbone42 Jun 13
Jun 13 Diablo 4 expectations What do you actually want from D4? Personally I'd rather it not regress to D2 like many want. Other than that I can really think of much they can't just tack on to D3.Tothaus31 Jun 13
Jun 11 Why is PoE getting more recognition? So... PoE. dont go, dont go. I was watching a PoE stream, because im not into the whole rpg wars, ill play them all. I was quite impressed with the things i saw. I saw modded maps, which allowed for such fun, and complicated mechanics it was insane. The skilltree allowed for special sockets which upgraded skills within a radius, the way the skill gems synergieses, it was insane. Why am i jibber jabbing? Well, i am a little puzzled. From a little research, i estimated the company that makes PoE to be worth about 3 million. Upon looking through a few websites, i found out that PoE has released 3 (4 march 4th) free expansions with many many mechanics and new content. PoE - Grinding gears - 3 Milliion$ - 4 - expansions, very complicated mechanics. D3 - Blizzard - 18 Billion$ - 1 expansion, extremely simplified mechanics. Anywhere you see d3 mentioned, PoE comes up as being better. Why is blizzard, a company with over 300X the resources, seems to be getting less recognition than a 3 year old company. I dont know why diablo 3 isnt the king RPG right now, its absurd. Why is diablo taking the back seat to everything. Path of Exile is constantly working on new expansions, releasing huge mechanics and new skills and content. Meanwhile diablo seems to have gotten comfortable with making 3 new sets every 3 months. Stop,Slayer171 Jun 11
Jun 10 Why I Miss Amazon What a class fantasy. D2's Amazon, ooweee let me tell you did I love that class. Through all the iterations. The piercing freezing arrow phase before synergies. The era of lightning from the throwing javelin post synergies. Summoning a valkyrie to your aid and buffing your passive combat statistics. The guided arrow memes. I mean she brought it all. (Cassia, in Heroes of the Storm, her biggest disappoint to me is the fact that Nova stole her skin!) The amazon brought strength and thicccness that the demond hunter could not deliver. *I AM NOT HERE TO ROAST THE DEMON HUNTER CLASS* I think the Demon hunter did not upgrade the Amazon the way the Amazon upgraded the Rogue. To me, the Demon Hunter is the spiritual successor to the assassin with a bow, WHICH IS FINE, but it didn't take what it's predecessor did (in terms of play or charavter fantasy) and upgrade upon it. It left a void. The Amazon's strength showed more in the Barbarian while it's prowess in archery mutated into this Dante from Devil May Cry type character. Where is the Amazon? Monk as a melee dex class never really spoke to me the way Amazon did. Barbarian provides a raw power or physical godliness that I appreciate, but is different and the Demon Hunter I would argue carries no similarities beyond being a ranged archer. The dual wielding crossbow character dynamic doesn't satisfy my desire for this calculated archer with a long bow, nor can I hurl !@#$ing LIGHTNING like Zeus at the hordes in front of me. Whatever happens with D3, whatever is coming next for the franchise, I really want to say that I desperately miss the Amazon. ---------- What do you miss? What would you like to see?SpacePope20K1 Jun 10
Jun 7 Diablo 3 vs 2 Went back to Diablo 2, and its superior in every way besides graphics. I mean it's been awhile but I've tried to be objective and fair. Things I notice that really piss me off about Diablo 3 -world isn't randomly generated they huge huge blocks and snap it together, like doom snapmap, on a third fourth and fifth playthrough it literally feels like I'm running down the exact same areas and can literally predict where to go. It's half baked randomly generated and it blows my mind how Diablo 1/2 did it better. -Story, the story in this feels like a rated PG-13 story that had to get watered down from its evil horriffic rated R version of the first two. -graphic are nice but the colors feel really off, I don't feel like it's evil it feels more like world of Warcraft vs Diablo, I feel this was a major mistake. -gameplay is fun on d3 won't pick it apart I like it it's smooth. But the biggest tissue I have, the bosses. What the hell is up with this arcade theme park boss events where they all play the same, nothing is different and well they got into will Wonka's everlasting bubble gum... Like the bosses vs the other games are totally !@#$ed up. As if the random generated half assed game wasn't bad enough they literally force you into a static boss room every time, I tiny little area. Like right when I saw the butcher in d3 and I laughed at what a casual mass appealing version it was vs d1. Honestly the developers that made this %^-*ed the dog trying to mass appeal to younger generations and the game was ruined because of it. World of Warcraft in duskwood is more Diablo then this.MittWaffen41 Jun 7
Jun 7 PoE vs Diablo 3, as always Hi everyone! I'm here to asking few things about Diablo 3 and Path to Exile and STOP! STOP! Yes I have read other discussions about this topic but I wanted to know basically 2 things: -It's still worth playing PoE instead of Diablo 3? (I already played D3) -Nobody has ever talked about the story! How is the PoE's story?Aku19 Jun 7
Jun 7 You will never see this in Diablo 3 -Top 10 Rare Items https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT3bl9_T9GY The top rarest items in D2 with commentary about play time/drop rates.vxmordor31 Jun 7
Jun 6 Loot in D2 was bad. Stop it. If you ever played D2 seriously you would know that all the best gear basically comes from a few extremely rare sweets and runewords. Last time i checked (post 2011 buff) a high rune used in a runeword (some use 2-3) had a 1 / 3000000 chance of dropping, resulting in never getting to be able to craft anything you wanted without botting or buying or trading the very few (<15) sweets that were available in the game. Jewels were 99.9% bad. Charms were 99.9% bad. You can farm the highest difficulty and get level 10 uniques. So please, stop comparing this games loot to D2. It was a horrible system. Very underpowered uniques and very overpowered runewords.FxyO86 Jun 6
Jun 4 Diablo 4 Virtual Reality? Wouldn't it be awesome if the next Diablo game worked in VR like Skyrim? Facing demons in a dark dungeon in 1st person, a completely immersive experience into the true Terror. I'd buy that for sure.TheDarkitect22 Jun 4
Jun 3 Next Diablo Project Co-Op request Diablo 4, or whatever the "Next" thing is coming down the pipe from Blizzard, may I suggest that a possible PvP mode might include the "Couples Nephalem Challenge" where 2 players can face off against another "Couple of Nephalems" and see who comes out on top, with competitive rewards such as skins and cosmetic gear rewards, I recently invested in a PS4 Pro and I like the way Diablo feels on console, the dream is getting my wife playing with me so we can progress through the next game together, maybe the competitive aspect will get her interested....The game experience is still superior on PC, but there's something to say about playing on your couch kicking back on console...apples vs oranges, I know....Aruul2 Jun 3
Jun 2 The most memorable RPG of your life? For me is Arcanum. Imagine in a traditional fantasy world. Now imagine this traditional fantasy world under a industrial revolution. That is the basic premise of Arcanum. Magic and Technology can both exist but not coexist. In Arcanum universe, technology is the application of nature laws. Magic is the negation. If you play the game as a ranged dwarf, an dumb orc, an elf magician, the game is pretty difference and you can try be a intelligent orc that can craft complex tech or cast high tier spells but you will have a lot of penalties. All your stats affects how people react towards you, affects some skills, etc. In my last play trough, i've created an racist elf magician who hates tech and civilization, and consider any non elf as lesser than a animal. Ended with a pretty evil alignment, all non elves from my party abandoned me... And it was a completely different experience than play with a human focused on firearms. Usually i play RPG's with mages because a balde VS a fireball, now is a fireball VS a steampunk grenade launcher and that is pretty cool. The main disadvantage of tech is that requires materiel, the main disadvantage of magic is that it drains your fatigue pretty quickly.L0rdV1ct0r7 Jun 2
Jun 2 Android ARPGs? Found a really great gem in Battle Heart:Legacy, and Eternium isn't too awful. I used to play some Dungeon Quest, which was pretty decent as well. Does anyone else have any favorite mobile action rpgs that aren't severely pay2win?Arvandor1 Jun 2
May 29 Using a internal HD externally Hey all I have to check a internal hard drive to see if it’s damaged or not I have a adaptor cable to hook it up to a PC externally my question is can I just plug it in or do I need to ground it or do something special to protect it before I hook it up?CRAZYprophet2 May 29
May 27 Free diablo 1 and hellfire expansion download So while i was browsing today i came across a site and found this and it says "Diablo Hellfire is completely free. You may play it as much as you like without paying a single buck. In exchange for playing it, you are instead asked for a small favour. You are encouraged to send any comments you might have about this game. " so i downloaded it and to my delight, it works perfectly! so my question is - is this legit legal? if it is, i would like to post the link. Blue please reply. It was found on an old abandonware site.Zekey72 May 27
May 26 Lost Ark release confirmed + 2 new classes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wiZO80Myo The Soulmaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaMCbIoHMb0 The Hawkeye For those who haven't heard what this game is, its not actually anything like Diablo 3 or PoE. It is a full themepark MMO for better or worse. The only thing in common is the camera view and click-to-move. You click to base attack and the other to move, which you can swap which side does which. The youtube channel in question is the official one for the game, so feel free to look at the other videos to see more classes and features the game has. The third and final beta is beginning in just a couple of days, on the 23rd. The director of the game also said that a full release for Korea this year is for certain. International release is still up in the air, but I still have hope... http://www.lostarkdatabase.com/summary-of-different-interviews-given-by-the-director-of-smilegate-rpg/ Here is a nice long collection of interviews with the game director on the game once you've familiarized yourself with it. I suggest watching the reveal and beta trailers on the youtube channel first before you read this.Saul3 May 26
May 25 Ryzen 3 2200g Diablo 3 benchmarks I bench Diablo 3, along with other games "live gameplay" on the Ryzen 3 2200g apu (CPU $95) game played on the integrated graphics. Link to the part of the video where I bench Diablo 3, https://youtu.be/pxfwAeMjGMs?t=3m50s The whole video, https://youtu.be/pxfwAeMjGMsChargeit0 May 25
May 21 Torchlight 2 endgame? Anybody know how and what is about the endgame of this game? I'm trying to find a new game and I was looking for Torchlight but never played the first game or the beta. And what about the PvP is there PvP and is any good?Fumbari30 May 21
May 19 Nvidia GTX 960 vs. AMD R9-390 Well, I have used both cards for D3. I find I like the 960 better than the 390 and I don't understand why. Isn't the 390 a bit more powerful than the 960? Isn't the R9 series a generation newer then the GTX 900 series? I may stick with Nvidia from now on because the 960 is like a step above the 390 even though it is supposedly a lower performing chipset. I don't know, what do you tech gurus think?Nimrod2 May 19
May 15 Path of exile - 3.3 Incursion league. The hype is real. D3 down toilet again.Rowesy2 May 15
May 14 Last Epoch on Kickstarter! Offline and online multiplayer action Time travel and high fantasy world 5 base classes that advance into 10 powerful mastery classes A deep skill system with augment trees for each skill Engrossing loot and crafting system Massive end-game content and replayability, trading, PvP, Cycles(seasons), Ladders, and Achievements Epic storytelling, memorable characters and environments, voice acting, journals, and hidden secrets https://kickstarter.lastepochgame.com/ Help keep the ARPG genre alive and competitive :)KQKyle6 May 14
May 10 Wolcen Beta Wolcen Beta: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iGItOJiRwWM Rykker: Minute 8:07 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzCJvQ5U-5MDieHarder1 May 10
May 9 Rhykker: Wolcen What do you all think? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3G7M_pqqE Looks promising.DieHard15 May 9
May 7 Official controller support for PC Super sad there's none, seems to work just fine for consolesbwolfman15 May 7