Games & Technology

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming, and hardware. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903180496 Further reading - Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Request Sticky Tips & Information Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules Contact List MVP FAQBashiok0 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums!Bashiok0 May 10, 2012
5h I will admit it Path Of Exile is Horrible!!! Please note my post is my opinion alone and I do not expect everyone to agree with me since everyone has different taste and preferences but I will state my case. Thank god I didn't pay $10 for that beta key and got it free. I played it for a few days and its just horrid. First it starts off epic, stranded on the beach rain storm with lighting striking and producing epic dynamic shadows better than even that of doom 3. Then the rain stops and you never see that effect again for the rest of the game. You go down in caves and you realize how outdated the graphics are. But all of that I could live with I mean graphics don't exactly make games. What I cannot stand is the horrid character animation the characters look like they have arthritis. There is no substance when attacking a enemy it feels like some fake atari game. The so called impressive skilled tree web looked impressive at first until I realize I wasted my points leveling bow and arrow for my tank. I mean I was going strength until i realized it was more effective to use a bow and arrow on your tank than level str points and go melee and then you realize enemies are jumping on you later on so now and arrows are useless. By now the damage has been done. Now I can appreciate Diablo3 for what it is and thank god I don't have to waste time on skill tree and its done automatic. Now the other issue, there is no flag for your party members like there is in Diablo 3. So you cannot just simply teleport to your friends it don't work like that you must manually run and find your friends BWAHAHAHAHA. Are these people for real? There is no floating names about your friend's head so you cannot even locate your friend in camp LOL and it has a ton of people in camp that is not even in your party. When my friend had to deal with this frustration he left in under 10 minutes and uninstalled it. The people who are making this game loves to brag about them being hardcore ARPG fans but they lack customer service skills. Its not about what you want its about customers want and trust me customers do not want that. That hardcore ARPG design is annoying and a massive inconvenience in this day and age. Diablo 2 was good for its time but its horrid in this present time. POE is one of the worst Diablo 2 knock offs I have ever seen. You have never seen such a slow and boring snoozefest in your life. The game it self looks like a 2001 lord of the rings game that I had on my PS2 except the graphics on that was better and animations were light years ahead. All I have noticed about POE is in their general chat every sentence is how Diablo 3 sucks and there is no Blizzard if there is no Blizzard North etc. The game is bad and can get boring quickly. Its an interesting game but feels way to boring and lonely. Admittedly Diablo 3 isn't exactly the fun now as it use to be when I first got it. It has gotten a little stale and boring also but with RMAH I can still farm for my lottery jackpot legendary that I may never get. So RMAH gives me a reason to keep playing D3. POE its just bad in my opinion. Character animation really killed it for me with their arthritis simulation. I now see the lead developer for POE is a clown when he said games today their art are too much like cartoon and that he has the solution. Making it look realistic. I conclude he is clueless about what is great art. No one has mastered great art like Blizzard and Valve. He is right about one thing though great art isn't cartoon but at the same time it isn't photo realistic. Great art is Diablo 3 and Team Fortress 2JOHN62 5h
5h Question about Battlefield V "debacle" I don't play Battlefield, I am not part of their community and all I know about it, is from some youtube video I stumbled upon. All I know, from that hearsay, is that: - horror, Battlefield V is "historically innacurate" - mostly because women. well everybody will tell you at length they don't care either way about women in the game, but still the game has women! innacurate! Which, err.. I dunno.. I don't understand what is the humdrum about.... What about gameplay? Number of maps and weapons and vehicles? Game modes? Almost no one speaks of that! :o And also the stupid PR guy - don't buy the game if you don't like it yeah, that one is stupid... but it kind of came late in the debacle... This is all very puzzling...Lloyd0 5h
13h How is Grim Dawn? I've grown bored of Diablo 3 with nothing having come out for it in years, and we have no idea whether or not they're working on a PC Diablo title because they refuse to tell us, so I'd like to ask anyone that happens to know: How is Grim Dawn? I learned about it when my friend told me he got it, and I looked into it a little, but not much. I'd like to know more about it from people that've played it before I decide whether or not I get it.Velaxus71 13h
17h Where to download D2 Patch 1.13c? On Bnet website they only have 1.13d, I need 1.13c for Plugy. http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html Anyone know a safe location to get it from?J4mesG4mes6 17h
21h Go Away Activision Please Blizzard, separate from Activision. They are dragging you down. Don't hire anyone from their company and don't take any advice from them. You guys are on a completely different level. Stay initiative and strong. You created high quality games and that's what your customers expect. I promise if you continue to go down this path. You will suffer. I boycotted anything that has to do with EA Sports and Origins, and I don't want to do the same with you. Go for the diamond buck and don't settle for the bronze dollar! Better than newb gaming companies. Burn?Behab0 21h
1d Diablo Immortal Forum/Subforum Can we get a subforum or an official forum for Diablo Immortal? I would like to discuss various things/ideas about the game. And yes, I am excited for a mobile Diablo. (I play mobile games on my PC using an emulator...) -Thanks RasereiRaserei24 1d
2d Kanais cube issue Hi! I finelly managed to get hold of kanais cube, added a mojo and helmet to test it how it works. I added the mojo to kanais cube clicked on the book and it added recepies, I did the same with the helmet. After i done that i clicked on transmute. Now i can´t use them. they are still in the kanais cube. But. After i did this i got an error massage, code 1016. I tryed scan and repair didn´t help. But i tryed to the same with an cereronial knife. it seems it updated i found it in my stash as i had hoped to about the helmet and the mojo. Maybe it´s because englesh is´nt my first luangage. But i have tryed to read the instructions how to handle kanais cube and when i have also whatch a couple of videos of it. But it apperent i missunderstood something about it. I don´t know what i have done wrong. It worked with the knife but the mojo and helmet are still in the cubePicasso2 2d
2d Blizzard, please take a note from Chris Wilson Before I start, this is NOT a plug for POE, but I will be talking about their response to a mass ban that happened, and GGG's response. So on December 6th, GGG issued a mass ban for accounts that had chargebacks through Steam. This basically means they bought something in POE through the Steam store, but then got Steam to refund the money while still keeping the items. Now it seems that some people had actually got a refund and the items were removed, but this fact was not verified. This was a very bad thing that happened and GGG did mess this up royally. However, today Chris Wilson (GGG Co-founder) got on Reddit in response to this, he APOLOGIZED and admitted that they made a mistake. They reinstated all banned accounts and are now thoroughly investigating the banned people who actually deserve to be banned. Now in light of this, all of the people who were angry about being banned for no reason, are no longer angry. Why? Because they got a response (it took a week, but the support has a backlog of tickets due to the new patch) and not only that they got an apology. Blizzard, please take note of this, this is how you take a situation where you messed up royally and properly respond to the issue. Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a5vim0/how_ggg_failed_loyal_poe_players_with_its/ EDIT: GrammarAlDante17 2d
3d Have you seen this, bad news for HotS We’re constantly changing and evolving not only our games, but how we support and grow them. This evolution is vital to our ability to continue doing what we love to do—making great games—and it’s what makes Blizzard, Blizzard. Over the past several years, the work of evaluating our development processes and making hard decisions has led to new games and other products that we’re proud of. We now have more live games and unannounced projects than at any point in the company’s history. We’re also at a point where we need to take some of our talented developers and bring their skills to other projects. As a result, we’ve made the difficult decision to shift some developers from Heroes of the Storm to other teams, and we’re excited to see the passion, knowledge, and experience that they’ll bring to those projects. This isn’t the first time we’ve had to make tough choices like this. Games like Diablo II, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Overwatch, and more would not exist had we not made similar decisions in the past. Despite the change, Heroes of the Storm remains our love letter to Blizzard’s worlds and characters. We’ll continue actively supporting the game with new heroes, themed events, and other content that our community loves, though the cadence will change. Ultimately, we’re setting up the game for long-term sustainability. We’re so grateful for the support the community has shown from the beginning, and the development team will continue to support Heroes with the same passion, dedication, and creativity that has made the game such a unique experience. We’ve also evaluated our plans around Heroes esports—after looking at all of our priorities and options in light of the change with the game, the Heroes Global Championship and Heroes of the Dorm will not return in 2019. This was another very difficult decision for us to make. The love that the community has for these programs is deeply felt by everyone who works on them, but we ultimately feel this is the right decision versus moving forward in a way that would not meet the standards that players and fans have come to expect. While we don’t make these decisions lightly, we do look to the future excited about what the decisions will mean for our other live games and all the projects we have in the works. We appreciate all of our hard-working developers and everyone in the Blizzard community, and look forward to sharing many more epic gaming experiences with you in the future. J. Allen Brack and Ray Gresko https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22833558/heroes-of-the-storm-newsAvalon22 3d
3d Is anyone else troubled by the HOTS announcement? I am starting to be very concerned about what is going on behind the scenes at Blizzard. Even after the Blizzcon debacle, I had been holding onto hope that, despite Blizzard's official reticence, we would be getting in due time an announcement of a Diablo 4 (hopefully one much improved from D3!). However, after hearing that HOTS is essentially being placed in maintenance mode (make no mistake, that is exactly what they are doing), I am really concerned about Blizzard's long term plan. My reasoning is thus: Why would a company be seemingly killing off old titles without even announcements of new titles in development? Why would a company be actively trying to anger it's existing customers, even to the point of seemingly driving them away? My fear is that someone(s) inside the company, is actively working on truly moving from PC development to the mobile market or some other avenue of software design. Perhaps they plan to merge or be bought out by one of the mobile companies, who knows? Blizzard keeps stating they have multiple projects in design, but refuse to tell anyone even what they are. If they are sequels to beloved games (or valuable new IPs), why not either tell players briefly what to expect or else try not to destroy the existing fanbase? This is why I fear that the "projects" may be things that we PC gamers don't want to see, and would be even angier to find out are in development instead of PC games. All of this is just speculation, and I hope I am wrong. With just Diablo I was willing to wait and see, but now it feels like red flags are popping up all over the place. I am really concerned for the future of Blizzard's games and Diablo...Praehotec31 3d
3d So who here is... playing PoE Betrayal?!? I am and its great!!Jrock25 3d
4d Hopes for a Diablo 4 (Fenris) What you you guys think...an open world Diablo 4, with the skills like Runescape and the quests like in World of warcraft but with the lore and graph like diablo?Kongeguden1 4d
5d Diablo 1 uninstall and symlinks Not really asking what happened or how to fix it, since I already figured that much out. More just curious to see if anybody knows WHY this is happening. So, my laptop is running Windows 10, and is setup with a small 128gb NVMe in C:, and a 1TB SSD as D:. I created a symlink, or junction to move my user folder (for the account, not the Users folder) to the D: since a lot of games and programs save data in various places around your user folder. Essentially Windows sees C:\Users\Username, but is really looking at D:\Users\Username. All been fine and dandy, and works like a dream. Until I uninstalled Diablo 1. Then for some reason the uninstall changed the user folder symlink into a normal folder, which is empty because all the data is in the D: user folder, and thus immediately breaking the account. I've uninstalled other programs without any issues, and have reproduced this 3 times with new accounts setup the same way, and it happens every single time. It's simple enough to fix, just delete the recreated user folder and make another symlink. But why is this happening? I knew D1 had some registry issues, but I have no idea why it would be doing anything with the account's user folder on uninstall.Ashlander0 5d
5d Fired up D2 again - good times Randomly decided to fire up D2 again to see if I could finally beat it on Hardcore. I’ve come close a couple of times but something bad always seems to happen - last time I got trapped running the Countess for runes in Hell difficulty. Anyway, I’m really enjoying it. It’s old in the tooth and some things don’t age well (no auto pickup and tiny stash), but it brings back all the feels. Trying to win with a summonancer this time, but I want to try classes I’ve barely played, such as Hammerdin and Kick/Trap Assassin. I don’t know if it’s just nostalgia, but I’m really having fun. Just thought like sharing.BrownieMix10 5d
Dec 9 I Took a Chance And installed Median XL. At first glance, its Diablo 2. From the login screen to character selection to the loading screen it's all Diablo II. When you're placed in the world, however, you're going to notice that the stash has been placed in a building and that you have started the game with the cube along with a gold signet. (This item grants gold upon use). Everything else at this point is relatively the same so you venture off to the Den of Evil to do the first quest and notice that you are swarmed by elites. Ok, this definitely didn't happen before. After you slog through that and return to town to complete your quest, you go to spend some of your skill points. Whoa! These skills are completely different than the old ones. And what are Uber skills??? At this point you've probably realised you aren't playing your father's Diablo II. You talk to the NPCs in town to see what else has changed and learn that Gheed will reveal the map for free as well as sell you potions and Mystic Orbs to augment your gear. Ok, so now you're probably torn between excited and overwhelmed. Sure, you can mod gear but these orbs cost 13k each! So you start selling items you picked up in the Den and find out that Apples sell for 5k each. I guess we know what to look for now! ......to be continuedBagboyBrown7 Dec 9
Dec 9 An epiphany. In the late 90's to early 00's, M. Night Shyamalan was one of the best director/producers around. Movies such as "The Sixth Sense", "Signs", and "Unbreakable" were absolute classics, and Shyamalan became a rightfully lauded name. Then all of a sudden, he started releasing turkeys. Movies like "The Happening" were released. Everyone was confused. Then, the live action version of "The Last Airbender" came out. The movie was rightfully panned, and with that his fanbase basically begged him to go away, reinvent himself, and come back. The brilliant "Split" was released in 2016, and its follow up "Glass" will soon be released. This will be the third movie in the "Unbreakable" trilogy, and people are excited. --- In the early to mid 90's, Blizz started off with an absolute bang. Console games made under their Interplay banner like Blackthorne and Rock and Roll Racing ruled consoles. Then, they branched out to PC gaming. Warcraft 1, Diablo 1, Starcraft 1...you guys and gals know the rest. With the release of Diablo 3, Blizz started to go downhill, but then came back with RoS, which was soon forgotten about. Rise of the Necromancer was nothing more than a cash grab, and over at WoW, things gradually went from bad to worse, with some minor redeeming features across the various expansions. Then you have Heroes of the Storm, which was a good game in its own right, but was changed because Blizz basically wanted money. Not to mention Overwatch... Fast forward to now, and the announcement of Diablo: Immortal. What the hell went wrong? With the announcement of Diablo: Immortal, Blizz has created their version of the Last Airbender. BLIZZARD HAS BECOME THE M.NIGHT SHYAMALAN OF THE GAMING WORLD My question to you, fellow gamers, is this: What would it take for Blizz to redeem itself? What kind of game would make you feel that it's Blizz's version of "Split", and then the eventual "Glass" ?TornadoPunch11 Dec 9
Dec 9 POE has 92K twitch viewers current, D3...500ish This is what happens when you release quality content. Take notes blizz.BigTex44 Dec 9
Dec 8 Counterstrike: Global Offensive is now F2P ... and who would had thought that; the core player base is everything but amused. Reddit comments are all like "RIP CS:GO". ^^NINEGRAVES1 Dec 8
Dec 8 PoE trolls the phone comment https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a43nd7/einhar_is_pretty_good_at_them_memes/ "What? Do you you not have nets, exile?" Well played.junyamint8 Dec 8
Dec 7 Video Game Awards 2018 No diablo announcement news. ::Shrugs::Hellsspawn6 Dec 7
Dec 7 SO much HYPE! I am so hyped on the Betrayal league start, less than 3 hours now, anybody gonna run? GG WP GL GL!Omega15 Dec 7
Dec 7 Honest question - Blues will you play PoE Betrayal? Let us know you plan to! Would be wonderful to see y'all in Wraeclast, perhaps party up and do some team adventuring. Live and let live - long live ARPG fans! Cheers, PCPowerCosmic2 Dec 7
Dec 7 PoE new league Starts tomorrow for those who's still interested to try it. You still have around 26-27 hours left to learn some builds guides/tutorials before going in if you wish.HairOfTheDog34 Dec 7
Dec 7 Less Than 24 Hours now Before PoE Betrayal! Hype! and I already bought their support pack about 30$!Alexandrite56 Dec 7
Dec 7 Dungeon Chronicle (Mobile ARPG) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BUNKERim.DC&hl=en_US This game is like a Diablo 3 rift with a very cool item system, mercenaries, and paragon system sort of. ALL FREE! Having a ton of fun!Raserei3 Dec 7
Dec 7 Diablo 2 1.14D in 1080p or Hi-Res? Hey guys, is there a way to play D2 in 1080p or Hi-Res? Thanks in advance! :O)m3ta1he4d34 Dec 7
Dec 7 Rykker: WOLCEN Multiplayer Rykker gives his take WOLCEN's Multiplayer gameplay and it's good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EFllogF_0wQ I am allowed to post about other games here without out being banned, right?DieHarder2 Dec 7
Dec 7 new patch soon for those of you wondering when the new patch is, its in 4 days. the devs are in constant communication keeping us up to date loving it. if you havent checked it out just google poe patch 3.5 for all info, and get ready for some real fun.SnFuBaR14 Dec 7
Dec 7 MEDIAN XL new trailer diablo 2,5 look at this Blizz How is it possible, some modders can (mod game) MEDIAN XL, but the blizzard with professional programmers and money has no idea what to do??? Check out new trailer for patch, looks amazing . LEARN FROM THEM BLIZZARD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPdJCLd_Z8 maybe you should hire these guys to diablo team ? ...CrimsonPirat29 Dec 7
Dec 7 Hades? Epic Games releasing a early access game called Hades... I find that very intriguing... thoughts? with the leaks and all that about the scrapped projects of blizzard. Did blizz sell the idea off? it looks pretty goodJrpbulbrook2 Dec 7
Dec 7 Median XL 2019 Just gonna leave this masterpiece of a trailer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPdJCLd_Z8NightKnight17 Dec 7
Dec 7 Digital delux edition needs an update. There is not enough reward in it as of 2019. No hearthstone or heroes of the storm products are included. Kind of underwhelming when you compare it to other delux editions of their other games.protozoo891 Dec 7
Dec 7 Terrible terrible news. Starting Dec 17 tumblr will no longer allow adult content! Better download while you can! I blame Starbucks.Pestilence7 Dec 7
Dec 6 Blizz just copy Path of Exile I mean I played Path of Exile and by all accounts, categorically in every way, it’s the Diablo game you need to make and make better. I mean those guys quite actually took the recipe and the suggestion box from Diablo 2 and 3 and made a pretty strooonngg game. EDIT: I know I said copy in the subject but what I really mean is competitor analysis. Also I said it’s a strong game not a great game just strong.ShootrMcGavn76 Dec 6
Dec 6 2018, A Dark Year for the gaming industry... First there was the "Diablo, Immortal" debacle. Now we have "Fallout 76". This years is crazy bad with the gaming industry, what's happening right now?! :o Enough catastrophe! I hope we can get some good stuff right now... I cross my fingers that "Cyberpunk 2077" lives up to the hype! Please, please, don't disappoint CD Projekt! :8Lloyd5 Dec 6
Dec 6 Who screwed up more? Blizzard or Bethesda? Blizzard screwed us over with Diablo Immortal, lack of PC Diablo news, and a disappointing Blizzcon. Bethesda delivered a poor game, failed to give a product they promised (canvas bag), and released everyone's personal info.Fieryeel1 Dec 6
Dec 4 My 80USD goes to GGG and my goodbye I had two attepts to POE and after 4h I was giving up. It wasnt going well because I was used to shallow in many aspects D3. Didnt understand concepts and was not good enough. This game has incredible amount of content now and it overlaps perfectly. While seeing how well each content/league is executed I now understand rage of D3 funs with our "patches". Poe is so rich now I am spedning hours in reading viki pages and I cant believe how good rich and complex this game is. Amount of possibilities of builds are overwalming and it is not even comperable with D3. Now is great time to move to PEO when they combine last 3 major leagues into main game. I am happy that Blizz up again so I gave poe 3rd chance. I even dont want D4 because POE has it all. I really wanted to be Diablo fan. I was. I grew up on these games but POE is so close to D2 but way better. After this blizzcon people wont be hyped if "forges running hot" becaue after this year revelation now we think D4 MMO or D4 on fridges and no body care. Everybody goes for a snack in night and can play D4 while doing so, we all have fridges. I felt many times misslead by poor handling of information and leaderboards movements. Was top 10 in first season when leaderbords wasnt frozen and then got downgreaded to 400+ place because of new "balance patch" - which was major power creep - another story. Situations like these were dozens when my effort went down the drain because poor executions of Blizzard. I felt often so helpless with this company/game. Many core concepts wasnt respected. Where are bracless for barabarians removed day before patch? We still didnt get them. Recently was looking at poe release notes. They switch off item and fix it and return in 2 weeks! Where is PVP? I dont care but it was promised. Diffrence between GGG and Blizzard is huge. For all responses "go play poe bye bye bye" yes bye I am not returning. It is my goodbye here I dont want to come back. Want to reach for all these flustrated players to tell them dont grif, there is great world with awsome game supported by great company. Bliz good luck with immortal, we guys in our 40ies have a lot of money and want to spend them on good products.Ostatni33 Dec 4
Dec 4 Diablo 2 Remake HD for Nintendo Switch Nintendo and Blizzard relation it's was very good since Super Nes. I loved to play Black Thorn in Super Nes. Maybe this relation could return this gold ages. Could we fans wait for a D2 HD remake debut in the sun rise lands for Nintendo Switch ???PardalBR17 Dec 4
Dec 3 PoE is amazing but why is every classes can have the same spells ... ? I installed the game yesterday and played all night, but I can't get over the fact that every classes have the same spells and the only difference are some passive. in the end game, are every classes really really different ? whats the point of having classes if it's only for "passive" ? I really want to love the game, which I kind of likeOnlyReaper62 Dec 3
Dec 2 Give us a diablo 2 remastered Please lord baby Jesus, with your flowing mullet and tuxedo shirt. Give me a diablo 2 remastered so I can be done with d3. Its tearing my family apart. O wise powerful lord, hear my plea. the world is succumbing to darkness.... Sincerely, Shaboinky.Jorbone58 Dec 2
Dec 1 Diablo 3 vs 2 Went back to Diablo 2, and its superior in every way besides graphics. I mean it's been awhile but I've tried to be objective and fair. Things I notice that really piss me off about Diablo 3 -world isn't randomly generated they huge huge blocks and snap it together, like doom snapmap, on a third fourth and fifth playthrough it literally feels like I'm running down the exact same areas and can literally predict where to go. It's half baked randomly generated and it blows my mind how Diablo 1/2 did it better. -Story, the story in this feels like a rated PG-13 story that had to get watered down from its evil horriffic rated R version of the first two. -graphic are nice but the colors feel really off, I don't feel like it's evil it feels more like world of Warcraft vs Diablo, I feel this was a major mistake. -gameplay is fun on d3 won't pick it apart I like it it's smooth. But the biggest tissue I have, the bosses. What the hell is up with this arcade theme park boss events where they all play the same, nothing is different and well they got into will Wonka's everlasting bubble gum... Like the bosses vs the other games are totally !@#$ed up. As if the random generated half assed game wasn't bad enough they literally force you into a static boss room every time, I tiny little area. Like right when I saw the butcher in d3 and I laughed at what a casual mass appealing version it was vs d1. Honestly the developers that made this %^-*ed the dog trying to mass appeal to younger generations and the game was ruined because of it. World of Warcraft in duskwood is more Diablo then this.MittWaffen50 Dec 1
Nov 29 Is D2 still worth buying? I've never played D2. D3 was my first Diablo and I loved it. My question is, Is D2 still worth buying and playing even though the graphics are meh?Seto4 Nov 29
Nov 29 It's not just Diablo getting destroyed They've been destroying Heroes of the Storm also, but in a different way. They are literally banning away their population in Heroes of the Storm. There is a reporting system on Heroes of the Storm that gets highly abused. On that game people report others for everything and anything they don't like, in hopes they don't have to play with them again (or simply just want to grief them). The system automatically takes account actions against people, and when you try to appeal those actions, you get cookie cutter responses from GM's and your ticket is immediately closed. People have been complaining on the forums for years now with very well-written threads. Not a single blue post. The stocks reflect what they are doing...and they don't even communicate with the people reaching out trying to explain what they are unhappy with. Now the population on Heroes of the Storm is nose diving...which is disappointing because I really like that game.Sio14 Nov 29
Nov 28 What laptop are you using? Good morning all, I am currently going back to school for my BS - IT, and travel a lot due to the military. As such, my laptops that I had used for my deployments and previous college no longer work for me that well. I am curious what you all are running as far as cheaper side laptops go? I am looking for something that can at least run HotS and Diablo on high settings (doesn't have to be Ultra Settings). Any other games I might play (if I have time between taking care of the wife and kids, 2 jobs that I have, and school) would be perhaps PoE, or possibly the Quake reboot. I am typically partial to ASUS and Sager, but after working with HP laptops as an IT Tech, I am pretty open to suggestions. Trying to keep my budget as low as I can (family comes first, after all!). Thanks!JonnyB19870 Nov 28
Nov 28 Diablo 3 on switch - WHY ??? WHY BLIZZARD Who even plays that console? Kids uses Ipads, and adults use a computer/xbox/ps4 come on ... that game will not even sell 1000 copies. Get real blizzard and start making what most of your Diablo players want.. a 2.5 You keep disappointing diablo fans.Graugaard15 Nov 28
Nov 27 Since my GD post was removed Grim Dawn guys. POE wasn't doing it for me, GM is on steam sale. And it is giving me all the D2 feels. Lore is so in depth. Can't recommend it enough. Mod Note: Moving to Games and Technology forumPrometheus29 Nov 27
Nov 26 How Diablo Immortal will Get You HOOKED! A warning! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-0W8LzeOg4NightRaven11 Nov 26
Nov 26 Beware, Do not buy Wolcen edit: because of the many dislikes this post received, I'm making it clear that I'm writing this to prevent you guys getting disappointed again. First off, F. You think you want to buy Wolcen, but you don't. I noticed the devs of Wolcen are now pushing promotional footage since we didn't get the Diablo we wanted. It looks like a nice game which is intentionally made to appeal to Diablo fans. That's the reason why I bought it, but that was long time ago. I wasn't aware that the developers already got their donations goal from gofundme, and earlier the game was called Umbra. I fell for a typical early access scam, where the project doesn't get any real progress for years. They maximized the profit by making a game which only looks nice, and people wouldn't judge it so easily because it's at "alpha" stage. Right now, it still doesn't have a proper netcode. It literally has no future as a multiplayer game. From a technical view, it's a mess. The developers might finish the single player mode some day, and then is the right time to think if you want to play it through or not. Even in that case I would recommend google, if you know what I mean. Don't let the friendliness of the Wolcen team fool you. I promise, you will feel like an idiot if you buy this game.Pahis35 Nov 26