Games & Technology

Nov 3, 2015 Diablo 1 I have been playing Diablo 2 and LoD also Diablo 3. But I have never tried Diablo 1 before!? Is there a way to get my hands on it since its not on Blizzard store?Demolishor25 Nov 3, 2015
Nov 2, 2015 How Comcast earned some stripes Recently they changed the tiers for all packages by improving the speed. They also provided free modems to anybody in my area who has faulty modems due to said change. I'm now getting 40 mbps compared to my old 16 mbps, and paying same price. FeelsGoodManripsinn1 Nov 2, 2015
Nov 2, 2015 A plea for blizz to give balance I just wanted to please request the team to attemot to understand d2 without making us feel like ther is one or two builds per character. What happened to being able to choose a dkill and work hard enough to make it as steong ad any of the rest? Like a throw barb? Or a build that you go into a game and have never seeen. Please bring that back. Please leg us trade and duel. However the dueling would prolly fail cause unlike d2 where ther was always a class that could beat yours no matter what ONE build will alaays win. And please dont make season items essential like lions claw or archon belt so thise of us who find no joy every four ir do months to start over a game with bo new content have a emmense disadvantage. The items you guys profuce seems like im missing a set piece until the seadon ends....im just a bit frustrated with it. We are geting ther but i font see when its so obvious how it still ends up hhappening.....Snis14 Nov 2, 2015
Nov 1, 2015 Halloween event started ... Achievement Mayhem! - - Mystic Mayhem has its own set of achievements for you to earn! Mystic Mayhem Boxes ... more! Sounds amazing :) https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/halloween-mystic-mayhem-eventDrachenlord1 Nov 1, 2015
Nov 1, 2015 wtf is wrong with this guy.....? http://www.twitch.tv/bagboybrown/v/23407734DrunkTank0 Nov 1, 2015
Oct 31, 2015 Kings Road, POE, and Diablo 3 So before anyone judges the title, This post is NOT designed to be a bash or scream fest between any of this games. I have been playing Kings road on my phone and have recently been testing out POE to see the differences that make these games enticing to play. For Kings the game keeps players playing with numerous daily activities. I am not a fan of this too much because it makes me feel obligated to play the game. However I think it would be interesting if diablo had a competition based gameplay that kings road has. There is a lot of potential for diablo to have different forms of PVP competition that doesn't involve players needing to kill each other (though I do miss collecting ears). I think it would be interesting if there were some kind of (who can kill the most monsters,) or some version of completion play. As for POE. While the customization of things seems nice I feel for Diablo it would not really fit in. There is one feature in this game that I thought would be interesting to implement into D3. The socketing of items allows for skill gems to be augmented by other gems. I think this would be a nice touch to add to diablo since legendary gems continue to grow and I expect in the future all gear will have an assortment of legendary gems. This would eventually make regular gems worthless. If we were to use legendary gems and augment them with regular gems then I think this would increase the usefulness of regular gems. Then we can have combinations and customizations. For example.: Esoteric Alteration- Gain X% non-Physical damage reduction. While below half Life, your resistances to Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison, and Arcane are increased by 75%. Augmentation: 3 Diamonds increase bonus of resistance by 15%. Gem combo: Gain an elemental resistance shield = to 1000% your highest resistance. Augmentation: 1 Ruby, 1 Diamond, 1 Emerald = 5% physical resistance, 5% elemental resistance, 5% Damage return. Gem Combo: Add 10% of your resistances as damage And so on. What would make this really customizable is that each legendary gem would have various gem combinations and bonuses. Thoughts?Fleshypudge4 Oct 31, 2015
Oct 31, 2015 Re: Long zone times, blacksmith interaction I am having severe lag issues in game. When I load a character and join a game, it normally takes between 20 and 30 seconds to appear in town and then I am laggy for about 25 more seconds. Lag doesn't change if I am solo or in groups. Moving around, I hit these moments of lag where nothing happens for a second. If I encounter elites, or they drop affixes on the ground, or anything is about to blow up, the lag is up to 3 seconds, which is deadly if you are right on top of them. Zoning into a dungeon normally takes 20 to 25 seconds but can be 45 to a minute. Zoning from level 1 of a dungeon to level 2 is the same. If I port to a player, this is usually 30 to 45 seconds. The worst is when I port to town after a dungeon. The blue timer for the portal is normal, just as identifying magic items is normal... but the time to port to town is 25 to 30 seconds, plus the lag once I get there, so if someone has hit the close button for the rift and I have to go back quick.. it is closed already. When I interact with the blacksmith, just to see the tabs in the blacksmith window like Salvage and Repair, as well as the items in my own inventory can take a full minute. I am running a 6-core AMD FX-6300 with 16 GB of RAM. I have Win7 which I thought was the 64-bit, but is the 32-bit. I have a Nvidia GTX650 Ti graphics card. Speed tests show I have 60Mbits/sec download and 4.5Mbits upload on a 5 GHz WiFi connection. I have read that the HDD can be the issue and to load the entire game onto a 16GB or larger thumb or go with a solid state drive. Not sure if those solve anything. Any ideas?Epiphany0 Oct 31, 2015
Oct 29, 2015 Why blizzard rips people off Why u guys sell reaper of souls on ps3 for 40 euro but still no greater rift still no t10 no stuff added thats somthint not could be when u go public no 1 on the game anymore so ty for ripping 40 euro for game that is stuck wat u wanne do play t5 and do bountys solo for 40 bucks i think all people linking their ps3 or xbox should get nice gift somthing u cn wear on pc like somthing refundel like wat people do whit their pre order diablo being stuk for 300 bucksxiaoxiou0 Oct 29, 2015
Oct 29, 2015 Anyone get in on overwatch beta? I sadly did not get in on this beta (yet). Was wondering if anyone has played it yet and what they think? Will it hold up against battleborn? Battleborn beta starts tonight at midnight (luckily got in on that one). And yeah I know this is the diablo forums. Just wondering.asdead8 Oct 29, 2015
Oct 28, 2015 Blizz stop copying PoE! ;) Nah, joking ofc. But yea, I saw some legendary item not so long ago that gave some imba stats and at the same time negative i think that one made life regen impossible but i dont remember what was the item called. Its nice to see that Blizz adding a variety to the legendary gear, however PoE really took it to the next level. Items seems OP but at the same time some negative effects hurts ;pPanmisiek11 Oct 28, 2015
Oct 28, 2015 Best way to play Diablo 1 * original Diablo 1 * Hellfire expansion * "The Awakening" mod for Diablo 1 * "The Hell" mod for Hellfire I would like to know which version is preferred and why, opinions are welcome.Azgalada0 Oct 28, 2015
Oct 28, 2015 I <3 Poe: Flame me if you Dare... Originally posted in EU forums, but meant for US and not a double-post* Bring the hate if that's all you've got... Given that hate is expected, I hope you at least read my post. -D3 has major problems on a more regular basis, AND PoE is still getting patched at an exponentially higher rate (I'm not joking on the math regarding the patch rates. I dare you to do your research and then challenge me on this). -D3 has made its money, where as PoE is still building up to its climax. Yes, D3 will probably make more money overall given its astronomical release figures. Argue as you will, but it is hard to argue this: PoE will continue to be developed at a higher rate than D3 over a much longer period of time. -PoE has vastly higher build diversity; period. -PoE has more complex systems not only for character building, skill choices, item selection, crafting, but also for "economic choices" within the game. -Subjective observation: D3 is very casual. PoE is not. -PoE releases soon. If you can put 2-bazillion hours into D3... you could at least try to put one hundred hours into PoE before you say "it sucks". If you have played PoE to level 10, and you didn't like it... please don't even respond... -"Legendaries" in PoE are game changing. Items, in general, affect your build choice much more so than in D3. -In PoE one can deviate from the cookie cutter builds and have great success. ------------------------------------------------ My preemptive response to the "why are you still posting?" or "D3 has improved" crowd: I'm sorry guys. I have spent a good deal of time/resources on both games, and PoE absolutely CRUSHES D3 in both atmosphere and player choices. I played D2 up until the release of D3. I was EXTREMELY excited for the release, and I continued to play D3 through all of the problems and changes. I did not quit D3 until after I realized some of the fundamental flaws of the game were not going to go away. D3 is going to have power creep (look it up if you don't know what it is) very similar to WoW, and this is INTENDED. Get out while you still can... And my GOD, for people who say "PoE is slow and clunky".... you have not played the game very much. You can get WAY faster attack/clearing speed in PoE than you can in D3 (without cheating). Again, hate all you want, but until you have tried both.... just don't even respond... I genuinely wish you all the best. GLStella50 Oct 28, 2015
Oct 28, 2015 AMD Radeon R6 for diablo 3 I am using a HP elitebook 465 G2 running on AMD A8 with AMD Radeon R6 APU with 8GB Ram and running on SSD. This configuration sucks at gaming for Diablo 3. I am running on lowest setting at 1280 x 800. When in town my fps is around 30. Once I go into a GR with static monk, the lag is horrible and the game disconnects. I know that the argument can be that SC is taxing on the system etc. But when I play on 6 years old PC, running on nvidia GT610 with 3GB RAM on a Core2Duo Processor E7500, fps is also around 30, but there is no lag playing on a GR with SC Monk. This makes me wonder if the drivers for AMD Radeon R6 is doing D3 any justice...JORDIHAYES1 Oct 28, 2015
Oct 28, 2015 Updated Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile Comparison Updated based on player feedback. http://www.requnix.com/diablo-3-vs-path-exile-v2Moofy21 Oct 28, 2015
Oct 27, 2015 Overwatch beta feedback and questions? I received no beta key but I just downloaded 4 gigs and can get into main page ? Did all my key binds and graphics settings . now this was the awesome part ! Now because of maint. down time I don't know if this is just a glitch or did I really just get the willy wonka golden ticket? so now my next question is, if I really get to play, where does the feedback to the game play go to..which forums ? Overwatch does not have its own entity forums ? redirect me pleaseVI6SIX3 Oct 27, 2015
Oct 25, 2015 Please bring back the former BGM to me! I'm a D3 player from the period of Diablo to Malthael . But since the game updated 2.0 I can never hear my favourite And The Heavens Shall Tremble but only some horrible bgm every time I log into the game. Oh! Please add these classic BGM to the main interface ! I'd love U so much @Blizzard!LemonVanilla0 Oct 25, 2015
Oct 24, 2015 does diablo 1 come with diablo 2 battlechest? i got the diablo 2 battlechest like 2 months ago and I hear you can get diablo 1 in it. when I looked inside it there was nothing in there can any one tell me where it would be on or in the case of the battlechestXKingLordX9 Oct 24, 2015
Oct 23, 2015 LOST ARK Enjoy the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HXSJ0niCQFuFy0 Oct 23, 2015
Oct 22, 2015 Pc questions So i am shopping laptops. I know, but no room for desktop. So I am needing advice. Core i7 with 8gigs of ram, or, amd a8 with 6gigs of ram and 2gigs of gforce 820m. Now I know that Diablo uses 3 gigs of ram all by itself.Greg10 Oct 22, 2015
Oct 21, 2015 The problem isn't the system, it's the environment I've been playing D3 since launch (on and off, RL gets in the way a lot) and have witnessed a lot of change. The game we have now is much better than it was back in 2012, and I for one am glad of the work that has gone into it. But still, the majority of threads here are complaints and problems with what issues there still are. I'm not saying that D3 is perfect: no game is. In fact, making a perfect game from the point of the consumer is counter-productive for the company as it would not net future income for the company, and let's be honest, companies exist to make profits, not to fulfil our dreams. So I've been pondering of late whether the main problem is what most people say it is (pick from the following: sets are OP, too many legs suck, bots are ruining everything, not enough stash space, terrible lag, etc.) or if it's something else altogether. Which led to making comparisons to other games (as it has for many others). Today I finally struck on what I believe to be a fair comparison, and it's an interesting one to make. Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition. D&D 3.5 was a big, big game system, with a huge amount of diversity and options. A lot of those options (the vast majority) were not actually worth pursuing if all you wanted was to be number 1, but that didn't matter because the environment in which you played was not a hyper-competitive one. Generally speaking you'd get together with 4 friends, one of you would host the game, and the other four would be players, working co-operatively to overcome the challenges set to you. In this sort of environment how powerful you were didn't matter, except in comparison to your team mates and the challenges set to you as you move through the story. Characters could carry a single weapon throughout their entire career, for roleplaying reasons, and increase its power over time (as one example). You see, the system enabled near infinite replayability by its diversity, and the environment was a highly diverse but personalised one. You could play one on one, or with groups as big as your host could manage (I ran groups up to 14 people in size, and gaming days up to 50). By comparison with D&D: There is little to no coherent story for D3. After you've played through story mode once, it becomes immaterial what has happened, and there's no reason for you to make choices asides from those which will net you the most enjoyment, with that normally coinciding with power. There is little opportunity to find others like you outside of the clan system and luck. There might be people who want to play the way you do, but good luck finding them in the wasteland that is public games. There is no incentive for not playing "optimally". A good host with D&D could reward players for making choices that were in character for them to make, and for doing things differently. In D3 that simply isn't an option, and you are in fact given strong incentives to play cookie-cutter builds and go for the same gear as everyone else. Put simply, in D3 story and imagination matter not a jot, but power is everything, because of the environment the game has created. The problem isn't the system. It's the environment. There are solutions to this, but it would take a total revamp to implement them. There are things that can improve the environment that are doable, but they won't provide the needed solution to make this game what it always should have been. Removing botters, fixing lag issues, improving pairing options, providing more social channels, making paragon more exponential in terms of XP requirement than it is currently, and so on. I still love this game, but it will sadly always be a shadow of what it could have been.ReiJin9 Oct 21, 2015
Oct 28, 2015 Blizzard being blizzard dc'ed 3 times in a row.HappyRogue3 Oct 28, 2015
Oct 19, 2015 Looking for a new computer? So I figured this was worth sharing...so I've had the Surface Pro3 for about a yr or two now and have slowly learned that this thing....can play blizzard games better than some desktops... Diablo 3, WoW, Hearthstone (of course), and HotS all work very well on this tablet hybrid. I strongly suggest if you travel or are a college student you should invest in this amazing piece of technology. Its worth the money! ****Even though the games are playable the graphics are lacking due to basic room but it is capable of playing these games on high graphics no problem! Its really awesome lol.DanielRyan2 Oct 19, 2015
Oct 17, 2015 Adria BUG Adria Can't be killed. When I entered the room, about 2 seconds. Adria disappeared and keep attack. Could not find Adria. There is nothing to attack in the room, can not cause damage to Adria, FOLLOWERS also does not launch attacks. FOLLOWERS could not find Adria too. I tried by DH and barbarian,toment 6 and 8 ,language:English and Chinese try time :Beijing time 11 points to 12 pointsmaster3 Oct 17, 2015
Oct 16, 2015 Overwatch new Blizz Franchise teambased fps game Quake meets Team Fortress 2Sofaking47 Oct 16, 2015
Oct 16, 2015 No D3 news but.... HYPE!!!!! http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/19919176/ *flies away*Wilson15 Oct 16, 2015
Oct 16, 2015 Overwatch Stream is LIVE!!!! Beta Begins 27th Oct!!!! Hype!!!! http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/OverwatchWilson17 Oct 16, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 My pc build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/6BdQJx pc build i built for myself with a budget obvious, what do you guys think for the price and what improvements would there be? thanksYawns0 Oct 15, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 mantle will d3 embrace mantle?dancerseti425 Oct 15, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 4K GUI scale Running an ASUS R9 270X 4G on a Samsung 40" 4K Curved via HDMI. I running D3 in 3840 x 2160 x 60 and it looks insanely beautiful. Runs at around 45fps and never falls below 30. Only problem is that the cursor is literally as small as the character models hand. This makes it very hard to track mouse movement and clicking on loot is rather difficult at times. I also frequently lose the mouse cursor to the point of being annoying. Is there a GUI scaler that will allow me to increase the cursor size?Toshirofan1 Oct 15, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 Video Cards and 4K k, I want to buy a video card for a 4K TV. I looked at GTX Titan Black (GTX Titan Z is completely retarded dont even want to talk about it just !@#$ing rediculous) based on the video memory size which is DDR5 6gig which is a large factor for 4K when deciding on buying a video card I would probably consider a Titan Black (aka my %^-*!), but the Titan series is still Kepler, I would prefer a Maxwell Titan, if I were to buy a Titan. Now that we are talking about Maxwell there is a ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Poseidon Platinum 4GB which will probably be the main or only highlight of this card series unless there is a GTX990 card or a Maxwell Titan GPU. Basicly I bought 2 780's on release day and havent given a single f*** about video cards but since I spent 2500$ on a 4K TV I want to be part of the PC Master Race again. Should I buy SLI ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Poseidon Platinum 4GB or even wait longer and get a 1000 series GTX or a new Maxwell Titan/GTX990(if they are close)?Panxeperean15 Oct 15, 2015
Oct 14, 2015 If you miss Diablo II... Try this! There is Diablo II mod that has lot of great content, not to mention... LADDER RESET this Friday with even more content! Link is at http://annihilus.net/content.php?tabid=109Treason0 Oct 14, 2015
Oct 11, 2015 complains...all complains. it is your problem not Bliz I see same complains day in and day out here on forums, have you guys ever stopped for a moment and examine the complains you came up with then come to this conclusion : Its my own fault? For example, taegul's stack falling off when switching zones. I have never experienced this problem since the launch day of S4, why? because I know as a gamer its my responsibility to upgrade my PC hardwares from time to time (at least every 3-4 months). Right now i am using Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0 GHz, don't matter where I tele to or even on Diablo fights, my taegul would never ticks pass halfway. Got ambushed when you enter Grift? sorry bro, you need to swallow those tears too because that's your problem not Blizzards. I have never got "ambushed" ever! when I enter a Grift even in which the elites right on the entrance, I think I surprised them more than they surprised me cause I can see them started to act frantically couple seconds after I entered. So in conclusion please stop complaining and use these times to flip some burgers at McDonald so you can have some extra cash for upgrades.Igod22 Oct 11, 2015
Oct 9, 2015 ps4 replacement I may have to buy a new ps4 and have a digital download from ps4 network. I realize I'll loose my redeemable code of TLoU that i downloaded but will i lose Child of Light I bought on there? Is it on the cloud?OneEyedCrow1 Oct 9, 2015
Oct 9, 2015 Why build a PC vs Purchasing PS4? My story. I have been hooked on Diablo from the start when it was first released, spending countless sleepless hours hopelessly addicted playing on an old Mac 8500 power PC (don't laugh it was the graphics machine of choice back then). I then progressed to Diablo 2 and played it on and off again solo and online on various mac and PC computers. When Diablo 3 was first released I heard so much neg press it curbed my enthusiasm and I stayed away until a month ago when I noticed they had free demo trials. Boy is D3 awesome! All of the nay sayers need to get their heads checked. Yes its different from D2 but to my surprise its actually better. I like not having to worry about assigning certain stats (dex, str, vit, etc). Yet there is still a complexity to the game much like Diablo 3 (sorry for the tangent). Anyway I play Diablo 3 on a 13" Macbook Pro with upgraded Intel Solid State Drives and 8gb of ram. So now that I am hopelessly hooked I would like to play it on a proper machine. For some reason even when the settings are medium the mac has somewhat terrible rubber banding issues (might be something to do with macs getting to hot and limiting CPU power I dunno and cant seem to get any answers from technical forum). So I am wondering if I should build a PC on an extreme budget or get the PS4 since it seems to have hardware that will play Diablo 3 above and beyond what probably a $400 PC would be able to (accounting for needing windows 7, which btw I have an old copy of windows vista if that matters somehow, Monitor vs playing on an HD TV, ). I know controlling characters on the PS4 might be a deal breaker (wish I could try it out), although I am using the track pad to play and I am getting on just fine with level 70 paragon 347 toons T6 GF 35 farming for hours. Thanks for taking time to read this!BouncyKnight8 Oct 9, 2015
Oct 9, 2015 Diablo 3 on console? No mouse doubt Always wondered how you play Diablo or most "mouse click" games without a mouse. I mean yeah character can be moved around with the D-pad, but how do you pick items, aim spells/skills that need to be targetd at X coordinate in the nick of time? It just seems that playing without a mouse is painful and restrictive at the same time. Wonder if they'll ever try making you play a MOBA without a mouse, boy that gotta be ankward!Michel1 Oct 9, 2015
Oct 9, 2015 D3 vs HotS patching speed It takes D3 devs four times as long to release than it takes Heroes of the Storm devs. I mean patches of similar size and impact like adding new feature, variety of class (hero) balance, bug fixes etc. Is it because HotS has micro transactions and earn money? I want to remind that both D3 and RoS also earned you huge money. Also HotS gets minor balancing and bug fixing patches. So please, release minor patches balancing and fixing things. IMO hotfixes aren't enough.Zeturion15 Oct 9, 2015
Oct 8, 2015 Blizzard plans Diablo 4 in Holo ? Hi Today I have a product presentation from Microsoft saw in the new Hololens was presented. I was thrilled at first attempt and wanted to know if Blizzard plans pursued to support this product? Will there be an update for D3? If in Diablo 4 a horde of demons tearing my living room wall? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3q8KVsVdIc I hope the developers have already ordered their DemoKit at Microsoft. I would be very happy about a holo version of Diablo. Kind regards TowTowaces2 Oct 8, 2015
Oct 7, 2015 Pure speculations: next Class additions Based on what I've observed, Diablo 3 seems to have derived their entire game Class from WoW, or were largely influenced by WoW. The Barbarian is definitely based off the Warrior (Orc). Axe wielding, STR based, melee damage. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/warrior The Crusader is based off the Paladin and Priest, I can say for sure, although it also feels like another version of Barbarian. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/paladin Demon Hunter, needlessly to say is a concept of Hunter with the idea of a Demon Hunter in mind, with visual appearance possibly based off the Rogue. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/demon-hunter http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/hunter http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/rogue Monk is of course WoW's monk, both are melee dealer and healers. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/monk Witch Doctor would no doubts be a combination of Warlock and Shaman.... or maybe just the Warlock alone. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/warlock The Wizard, would be largely based off the Mage. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/mage All these, leaves us with Druid, Death Knight and possibly Rogue, untouched from WoW. My guess is, they will bring back something similar to either the Death Knight, hopefully in form of the Necromancer once again, unless we rule out the possibility since the Necromancer is currently an NPC and also mentioned by Sergeant Samuel in Act V. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/death-knight The Druid, since it is the only class that has shape shifting abilities, should then make a return. It will also explain where the Druid from D2 went to, conveniently weaving into the current lore. It doesn't have to be the same Druid from D2 since the Barbarian is also not the same hero from D2. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/druid If they decide to redesign the Rogue, they might just make him into a Thief. Then again, we already have that in form of one of our follower, Lyndon the Scoundrel. I will even speculate that Blizzard might just introduce us to the Horadrim, similar to Lorath Nahr. It would be a big surprise to fans, albeit not necessarily a pleasant one.Not sure what his skills would be like, but there might be some possibilities, in order to introduce us to Skovo Isles and address the mystery behind the messenger's disappearance. So, what are your guesses or your views? And do you agree with this post? If not, drop me a reply and tell me why.MAXIJO10 Oct 7, 2015
Oct 7, 2015 Look guys what Path of Exile players got to enjoy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZuAra9J-AM And its free to play! They making their own hideouts while Blizz is 100 years behind with their paid game. Come on Blizz!! Pull your finger out! We want own hideouts as well!Panmisiek40 Oct 7, 2015
Oct 1, 2015 Macbook Pro 15" Retina (dedicated video card) gamers... So I don't want the whole mac vs PC, hand built gaming rig vs laptop...etc. I have built PCs for years for gaming and work in a profession where I work on Macs (I'm in creative). Some life changes are happening for me which means I'll be travelling alot for work and basically living out of my bag at least half each month moving forward. This means that I'll rarely be home and near my gaming rig. Given what I do and how I work considering anything but a Mac laptop is not an option. Basically I'll have one machine with me for work and gaming as I travel. Pretty much I only play Blizzard games... Which means currently it''s almost all D3, but I will be playing Legion in WOW (though no longer progression raiding, LFR if I even raid in the xpac). So I'm going to buy the Macbook Pro 15" Retina with the AMD Radeon R9 M370X. I've read the benchmarks on the video card (I have been an ATI gamer for years so know little about AMD anymore) and watched some YouTube videos of people gaming on the machine... My question is for those of you out there currently gaming on this laptop...what is your real world experience in D3 or WOW? Settings? Framerates you get in Grs for D3, PVP or raiding in WOW? Did you upgrade the processor? How hot does the keyboard REALLY get? Etc.. Thanks for your thoughts (again, please no "Mac are trash and expensive and blah blah blah...move on if that is what you want to do.)...Sikeli7 Oct 1, 2015
Oct 1, 2015 Will Diablo III end up like Tron 3? (second expansion) This thread is all about speculation based on some recent sad news: 1. No Diablo on Gamescom 2. No Tron 3 If you're still reading, you're probably wondering what the hell does the Tron franchise have to do with Diablo. Well, there's no connection other than the fact, that I like both universes and I would be sad to see them go. Unfortunately, for one of them this is already a fact. Disney decided to discontinue the franchise, since the third movie got canceled. That got me thinking. Did the same thing just happened to D3? Here are some of my thoughts on the matter: Diablo III was planned to have two expansion packs. It's not a theory. We all know that from the leaked product slate, so there is that: ... However, there's a lot of ongoing speculation. Some expected a second expansion. Others suspect, that there will be no second expansion due to the underwhelming sales of RoS. No Diablo on Gamescom makes me think it's the latter, but it's not just that. Here's what I think is the key element: Kanai's Cube Patch 2.3 will bring up a very nice feature, which seems to have been in the works for many months. To me it seems like a major feature, which we would usually get with an expansion. No, not as major feature as Adventure mode or Rifts, but I would say a feature on a similar level to that of the Mystic. Maybe it's me not being used to get nice things for free, but it seems too good to be true. My crazy speculation is this: Kanai's Cube was designed as one of the Second Expansion features, but the expansion got canceled, so now we're getting the cube for free, while Blizzard are trying to figure out a way to present us with the bad news, paving the ground with Eternal Conflict, a major Diablo patch to Heroes of the Storm to ease the blow... you know, so that even if we don't get a second expansion and we get tired of RoS, we can at least get our Diablo fix in that other game. I hope I am wrong, and that Blizzard announces a second expansion pack on BlizzCon, but until then I can't help, but feel a little sad. So, what do you guys think? Will there be a Second Expansion, or will the game end up like Tron?Noxifer33 Oct 1, 2015
Oct 1, 2015 Will D3 run on my computer? Okay i'm not very good with computers so i'll ask those with knowledge. I used to play D3 on another laptop, but unfortunately that broke. Stopped playing for a long time and recently bought a new laptop that i only pretty much use for school so obviously it's not a gaming laptop. I really miss playing D3 though so if it's possible to play it on this then that would be great, if not... then ill stick with D2 for the time being. Again, school laptop, not gaming. Just asking for clarification, not expecting it to run D3 but i just need some answers Acer - Aspire V3-112P Windows 10 Intel(R) Pentium(R) N3540 @ 2.16GHz 4.00 GB RAM (3.88GB Usable) 64 bit, x64 processor Installed RAM - 64MB I posted on games, gaming, hardware section but no one has replied so ill try it hereFroggehh9 Oct 1, 2015
Sep 30, 2015 Laptop Hey Folks...Im in the process of getting a new laptop I do alot for work on laptops so I do game on it. Nothing major league of legends and Diablo 3 are pretty much it. This is the setup Im looking at its a Dell silver 15.6" inspiron 15: AMD A8-7100 processor 3.0GHz 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB) in the Dell Inspiron Laptop PC 15 (5545) Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work 1TB SATA hard drive Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11n connection built into your PC 15.6" HD LED-backlit touchscreen display AMD Radeon R5 GraphicsZero2 Sep 30, 2015
Sep 30, 2015 Will D3 run on my computer? Okay i'm not very good with computers so i'll ask those with knowledge. I used to play D3 on another laptop, but unfortunately that broke. Stopped playing for a long time and recently bought a new laptop that i only pretty much use for school so obviously it's not a gaming laptop. I really miss playing D3 though so if it's possible to play it on this then that would be great, if not... then ill stick with D2 for the time being. Again, school laptop, not gaming. Just asking for clarification, not expecting it to run D3 but i just need some answers Acer - Aspire V3-112P Windows 10 Intel(R) Pentium(R) N3540 @ 2.16GHz 4.00 GB RAM (3.88GB Usable) 64 bit, x64 processor Installed RAM - 64MB Thanks for any answersFroggehh0 Sep 30, 2015
Sep 29, 2015 diablo 3 make me sad hey guys I just wanted to say that diablo 3 is making me sad. It make me sad because now you have an auction house with gold instead of some good old trade ( 3 soj for enigma),therefor giving a value to gold that was only for repairing before. It make me sad when I wanna raise a champion I cannot do some good old chaos run or baal run ( with the tristam run at the beginning). The new group system also make me sad you cannot choose what group you go in its too much automatic now. And what make me sad the most, its that they had a perfect game ( d2), the only thing they had to do is take d2, do other map, better graphic, and name it D3 . But no, instead d3 is making me sad. I guess the D3 game I wanted would have killed their oh so lovely wow.stwe11 Sep 29, 2015
Sep 29, 2015 Was D1 Better than D3? Some seem to think so: http://haogamers.com/blog/2015/09/29/tales-from-the-pit-why-the-best-diablo-came-first/t0lkien24 Sep 29, 2015
Sep 28, 2015 Game modes? As of now, there are 3 game modes: 1) Adventure mode: Bounties 2) Adventure mode: Rifts 3) Story mode For comparison, Marvel Heroes has: 1) Story 2) Green raids 3) Red Raids 4) Limbo 5) MM 6) ICP 6a) CMM and CICP 7) The defense one 8) Terminals (red, green cosmic) 9) One more I am forgetting 10) Boss runs worth doing Could we get some sort of new game type? I would love to see a patch with two new game modes, minimum, and a new class (Necro or Druid would be nice). Maybe something similar to what MH has.TakeNotes7 Sep 28, 2015
Sep 28, 2015 4k Gsync issues? I'm fairly certain my machine should have no issue running D3 at 4k on a Gsync monitor, but I would obviously be wrong. I'm currently running this: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA LGA 1150 Intel Z87 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) SAMSUNG 840 Pro ASUS Graphics MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Win 10 pro on the Acer XB280HK bprz G-sync Monitor. I can run almost any game I want at a very smooth 60fps with zero stutter...except for D3! The game actually ran better on my older 780TI and non-gsync monitor. I've worked with software my entire life, and I feel like I've spent an inordinate amount of time testing every permutation of hardware and software in order to make D3 run like butter on this machine, but I am simply not winning. Does anyone have a suggestion? Am I out of my mind...the game should run perfectly fine on this machine correct?farina1 Sep 28, 2015
Sep 27, 2015 PC Requirements AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core processor 3.80GHz, 8MB Cache 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work 1TB SATA hard drive Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more 24x dual-layer DVD-RW drive Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet NVIDIA GeForce 610 Graphics Equipped with 1GB dedicated graphics memory and technologies such as DirectX 11, CUDA and PhysX Could that run D3 smoothly ?budgawd4202 Sep 27, 2015
Sep 27, 2015 Can D3 run on this AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4300 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive 3.80GHz, 4MB L2 Cache 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB) Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work 1TB SATA hard drive Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more 24x Double-Layer DVD+/-R/RW drive Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet via the iBUYPOWER Desktop PC including Windows 10 Home (Monitor Not Included) NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB Graphics With 2GB dedicated graphics memorybudgawd4201 Sep 27, 2015