Games & Technology

Nov 24, 2013 Help me pick a GPU http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Xophax/saved/2OAs This is the build I've decided to start. I'm having a hard time selecting the right GPU for it. This is my first build, so if anyone has anyone suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. This build MUST be able to handle Diablo 3 on HIGH settings and it must be future-proof for the expansion. Also, I may start playing WOW in the near future, so I want both of these games to run very, very smoothly, but at the same time not break the bank. Insight into either getting/or not getting a SSD. Thanks! :)xophax275 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 SSD Hi guys please help me Iam kinda noob here...well i have endure imba lag... my specs i5 2500K ( never oc ) 8gb ram asus mobo mlx hdd 1tera msi ngtx 560Ti Enermax 600watt Rumors say's if install d3 on SSD the lagg will settle??? is that true???Acap198622 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 Hello from Marvel Heroes! We now have PVP! and u know what? IT"S FREAKIN AWESOME! How's things in ol' Diablo0.3 land? :) Been a while, thought I'd poke my head through the window n' say Hi! :DDieftw28 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 Path of Exile Hello Blizzard... I guess everyone knows a game called "Path of Exile" i just have watched some gameplay about this game though it still in open beta, but it looks amazing a game between D2 and D3. There's no reason not to try out. That's why i post this thread! I'm an EU player and i really like D3 but i can't wait for the expansion, i guess no one can wait to get some improvements, especially with the loot system it's annoying (PC). Diablo since always for PC platform, so.... You know that thing is to stuck in specific game that you love, yes you do. I don't wanna abandon D3 and play Path of Exile because it's the same or because it's better!!! So i'm asking you to give us something until the expansion release. Improve loot system at least and makee it like PS3 and Xbox360 system, at least make them even, gamers is PC! The legendary drops are annoying and most of them bad stuff. Personally this what will keep me in game, otherwise i will get bored and leave HONESTLY !!! Am i wrong people ?!??! Thanks Blizzard and waiting for some changes. Not another 4 months dammit!Rinnegan7 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 Live Streaming Hearthstone! Status: Online www.twitch.tv/mcdmanager Hope to see you there!McDManager0 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 Question about graphics Can somebody answer me this before the blues move me to the eternal graveyard where no one goes to i was wondering if there was a way to see which slot your graphic card is currently in your motherboard. my card is PCIE 3.0 compatible and i installed it about 6 months ago but here recently i think i may of put it in the 2.0 slot and not realized it because they are backwards compatible. i should of noted that i want to know if this is possible WITHOUT cracking the case openZbik3 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 New farming game is out! If you don't like how farming is implemented in D3, here's something that maybe just for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKyeZHdokARockSalt7 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 Mumble for android Some of you guys use mumble on your phones. When I search mumble in my google play market there's like 5 different ones that come up (some paid some free). Which one is the best?pensfan0801 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 PCIE 3.0 Hey , i was wondering if there was a way to see which slot your graphics card is located on your motherboard without cracking the case open. im fairly certain when i read the manual and located the slots i put my card in the proper PCIE 3.0 slot but here recently im not sure , anyone know a way to see which slot your graphics card is located without opening your tower?Zbik0 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 Which Diablo 2 should i buy? Well, since i am now bored to play D3 and expansion is about to come, I would like to play and try diablo 2. I can see there is also an expansion. Which one should i get then?FearBreaker2 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 Excellent RMAH replacement game! Daera16 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 PoE is boring Even thought D3 is basically un playable until ROS, I'm not going to waste my time playing another diablo rip off. I gave it a chance. It had pretty sweet features but when it comes down to it I still prefer Diablo 2.Goku92 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Best laptop for Diablo 3 for under $500? Can anyone help me on this one? All the posts I find from the past all have outdated links or discontinued laptops. With Christmas coming up, Im sure my son would love to find a nice new laptop under the tree! Doesnt need to be top of the line, just a nice screen and a video card capable of playing D3 with decent graphics. Thanks!Exiter39 Nov 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Anyone follow Boogie2988? What do u guys think of himLeon1 Nov 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Join us for season 4. You won't want to miss out. Changes are happening to the newest season. Join the league today and play for free. Conquer players in a player vs player arena style gameplay. Teamwork matters and so do the players. Come play league of legends today. Sign up here http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=51aac065a845c459568861Ragecakes1 Nov 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Join the us for Season 4. Changes are happening. Join the league today and play for free. Conquer players in a player vs player arena style gameplay. Teamwork matters and so do the players. Come play league of legends today. Sign up here http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=51aac065a845c459568861Ragecakes0 Nov 21, 2013
Nov 20, 2013 Is D2 still a thing? Like, is there a decent community with actual active players? Trying to find something to hold me off until RoS, but D3 isn't working lol.Sauerkraut1220 Nov 20, 2013
Nov 19, 2013 Cannot wait for March 18, 2014 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/18/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-coming-to-ps3-march-18th-2014/Krondor1 Nov 19, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 What games do Blizzard employees play? Just curious! Do they mostly play their own games, or do they devote their main gametime to rival companies? Haha, it's all fun and games anyway so I doubt Blizzard really views any other company as rivals - except maybe the marketing guy, haha! And while we're at it, what games do you guys find yourselves playing lately? Me: -Hearthstone (very fun) -GTA5 (amazing) -LoL (really excited about Heroes of the Storm) -The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (hahaha just found it in my old stash, had to break out the OLD computer). really excited for RoS. That will be my main goto game, I'm sure of it. Pre-expansion patch I'm in.Godric18 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 Which Final Fantasy Game to Try Next Hey guys I've recently decided I wanted to play the entire Final Fantasy series, but I'm not sure which one to start with. I would like to start with the main games (I-XIII excluding XI), before I go on to the sequels. So far I've played I,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII and XIII meaning I still need to play II,III,IV,V and VI. What I'm looking for is a recommendation of best to worst and in what order to play the rest of them. Thanks in advance guys, and have a good one.Varemis2 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 Bored with Diablo 3? I know a lot of you still enjoy D2. Well come get your fresh ladder on on November 26! http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27859805711&sid=3000Darkseid20 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 Upgrading GPU for Blizzard Games Thanks for taking some time to read this post, any helpful suggestions would be great. I want to upgrade my video card to play Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and the expansions for both at high FPS with ultra settings at 1920x1080. I would like to spend about $150, though I would go up to just over $200 if necessary. Good heat control and low noise level would be great. Also, any comments on affordable ways to get better performance from this set-up would be appreciated. Monitor: 23" 5ms LED Backlight LCD Monitor Acer S231HLBbid GPU: GeForce 9800 GT 1GB DDR3 256-bit CPU: Core i5 3.2 GHz RAM: 4GB x 2 (8GB) G.SKILL DDR3 Ripjaw Series MB: LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V Micro ATX Intel HD1: 320GB Western Digital SATA 6Gb/s HD2: 64GB Crucial SATA III (SSD for Windows) Power: 520W SeaSonic Bronze S12IILemosArt09871 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 16, 2013 Started playin D2 again... The only thing that i have the slightest problem with is going from the beautiful graphics of Diablo 3 to the old outdated graphics of D2. Aside from that its such a good and superior game in many ways. I have been playing 2.5 weeks and have a 85 Cold sorc and a 75 light sorc. Both geared really well so far -Occy, Shako, Tal amu's, Spirit mon's, up'd Skin of vipermagi, all res FC rings, 17 med Insight on merc, all res sc's, mf sc's, gheeds etc etc . Drops have been great so far, maybe a little slow but there is nothing like gearing yourself and getting exited about drops that actually don't totally suck 99.9% of the time. Haven't spent a cent on 3rd party sites but so far i have managed to get a few GG items as well as some good runes. Managed to get 2 jah runes <-(From a trade) , 7 ist, 5 Um, 8 pul, and about 12 Ko's so far not including all the lower runes i have been saving for crafting and runewords. Got my second Soj last night woo! And i haven't even started farming Hell yet lol. So when your all as sick of d3 and its major drawbacks as me don't hesitate to load up d2 again... Its worth it and that's not the nostalgia speaking, Its the I am playing it NOW and having as much fun as i did back then. Not as many playing as there was but lots playing. Specially if you hit peak hours. And most games tend to be in Nightmare or Hell. TIP1: The N key is your friend. Clears your screen of bot spam when pressed. TIP2: Trist runs lvl 1-15, then Tomb or Cow runs, then hit those baal runs :) Edit - Yes i am playing new ladder, I have no duped items as i am 100% self found so far. Only trades i am doing are gear i find for runes. Enigma and Infinity are my next crafts. Have 15% ed Superior mage plate and eth 4os CV for those. And today i make my first Hoto of the ladder. My only wish - Diablo 2 with diablo 3 graphics. That is all. Everything else in d3 can stay in d3... or should i call it by its real name... Satanic Pay2Win Cashgrab #1Croy50 Nov 16, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Legendaries for New Players. Hello Diablo 3 Fan Viewers. I would like to offer some Legendary Gear to those who are looking for their first ever Legendary piece of gear. If you're interested in some free gear, and have Diablo 3 for Xbox 360; then please add my gamer tag "TermlessFrog" to request an invite into my game. Note: I'm doing this, because I'd like to empty my Stash of goodies. I have roughly about 20+ Legendaries found throughout my experience in Diablo 3.Di3tMtD3wFan2 Nov 15, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Hellraid Came across this in a few different places, the trailer looks awesome. It's a First person perspective RPG/horror game that looks incredibly immersing, and still in development. I personally can't wait until it's available to play. Here is the official website: http://hellraid.com/GimmeFreePlz0 Nov 15, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Listening to Mumble broadcast->English 101. I really had nothing to say - well, couldn't talk when my kids and wife were around. I acted as if I was listening to the radio from my iPhone. Refreshing to hear few familiar voices. It's like a podcast. I think we gotta cheer up. We are not obligated to play. D3 is not work. We are asking way too much from the game to change our lives. Life should be Carpe Diem. Same goes with D3. Play for now, worry about the future later.yodatoy114 Nov 15, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 <MP10 VIDEO> 600k DPS DemonHunter Rapid Fire http://youtu.be/q5HHSkjyPLg <-- old vid http://youtu.be/dgcUBBMpjCk <-- Act 2 Run http://youtu.be/guzAPdZV5J8 <-- Elites only video The old video uses Vengance, I replaced it now with Archery for more damage http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Impreza-2701/hero/18930023 Rabbit Fire! Enjoy http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Impreza-2701/hero/18930023Impreza16 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 What got you into COMPUTER/PC "Gaming"? Me - I was always a Nintendo (Dragon Warrior)/Sega (Sword of Vermilion) freak, but one day my buddy told me about this online semi real-persistant game that had this huge world and dungeons and quests and monsters and magic and on...and on...and on...and living humans were controlling other guys and playing with you. WOW! Well - this game was Ultima Online. Game came out in September 1997, I sat in my buddies basement playing that game on his spare PC, chopping wood just outside of VESPER...and then finally - I got my first PC in October of 1997 (custom built, and still do to this day) and the rest was history. Even left my career as a Firefighter to join the IT business...in 1998. Still doing IT to this day :) You?Onafets24 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Is Skyrim worth getting into? It might be almost time for me to take a short break from D3 until the xpac comes out and I *might* be open to trying some different games. Or at least, cutting back from the time I've been spending with this game. I am not a gamer by any means as D3 was my first foray back into PC gaming since the days of C&C & Red Alert (yes, I'm that old). I've always been partial to RPGs, and I don't want to play anything diablo-like or diablo-lite. If I were to consider trying something else, what would you guys say about Skyrim? I know it's a little old (what... 2 years?) but I wouldn't mind picking it up used and playing it on my xbox 360 if it's worth getting. The other consideration is that I don't plan to spend *that* much time gaming. I have young children that I want to spend most of my waking hours with, and then like to watch a little hockey if my team is playing at night. So it's not as if I have hours and hours to devote to a game. But I just want to be entertained from time to time. So what you say?Nameless20 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Torchlight 2 vs. Diablo 3 So I have been playing a lot of TL 2 lately, and it is really a fantastic game, I truly look forward to all the mods and end game that it has to offer. I really like Diablo 3, I have gotten a lot of play time out of the game, but at the moment, it just feels so bland. I know itemization is coming and a paragon change with the possibility of allowing us to pick where our stat points goes. These changes feel a little to late... there was a 10 year gap between D2X and D3, why didn't any of the nostalgic mechanics make into D3 in the first place? TL2 feels like all the mechanics D3 should have: stat points, skill tree, hot keys (ie not limting builds because there is only 6 buttons), comprehensive itemization, ability to socket / enchant, gambling. The only thing it's missing is rune words, but their enchant and upgradable uniques/epic's seem to keep it fresh. I feel like the only thing missing from TL2 is the barbarian class. There is even a mod that is widely played that adds a necromancer class to the game...FortySixAnd27 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Diablo 2 Reset ??? True or False? Diablo rumor reset November 14, 2013? Throwing it out there? any actual proof??NeverForget2 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Should I even start WoW... I was going to post this thread on the WoW boards but it would not let me do it. I am thinking about starting WoW. I have around 300 hours in D3 and I shelved it a few months ago until the expansion comes out. I am currently playing Marvel Heroes and I have near 300 hours in it. I love that game, but after this last patch, the game is almost unplayable for me. For some reason they just can't remove the lag and stuttering out of the game. It is making it very difficult to play. A few months ago, I downloaded the WoW starter edition and gave it a spin for a few days. I liked it, but decided that I wouldn't delve into into any further. I am married and have a 2 year old son and another baby on the way in January. I only have a couple of hours most nights to play games. Should I even start up WoW? Is that amount of available game time enough to get any enjoyment out of WoW and more importantly advance? Also, I uninstalled the starter edition, so I can't log in and check this, but at the time I got a "splash screen" when logging in that I could upgrade the starter edition to the "regular" edition for $5.00. Is that still the case? Do I need to buy all of the expansions right away or can I just play the first edition for a while then buy the next and so on and so forth. I know I sound like an idiot, but I don't know alot about WoW. Thanks for the help!GreyWolfSif26 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 World of Warcraft question. When I bought Diablo 3 I received World of Warcraft card which allowed me to try it until I get to level 20. But I know that you can play World of Warcraft 30 days for free... so my question is: can I use the code and play until level 20 and play more for 30 days?SweatyPants2 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 How to get in the beta? Is there anything I can do to give me more chances at a beta test for Heroes of the Storm? I signed for Hearthstone too, but I was only a bit curious, not much. But this Blizzard´s Dota I really want to play it, being a Dota and Hon player for more than 5 years, and of course a fan of Blizzard and it´s heroes. Anything I can do or should I just wait, because that pretty much means that I won´t get it since I only own Diablo 3 from the new games, and my PC is not the best out there.Tubs1 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Who's your top 10 - Heroes of the Storm!? Not in a million years would I thought Blizzard would make a new game in this genre, and combine all their story characters into one - it's really the most shocking thing I've ever seen from Blizzard - and I LOVE it! Just thinking of all the different matchups, it's like the coolest fighting game I've ever seen! Top characters I hope get in this game, even if they get added after release at some point are.... 1. Fenix (SC) 2. Paladin (Diablo II) 3. Cairne Bloodhoof (WC3) 4. Necromancer (DII) 5. Imperius (DIII) 6. Ogrim Doomhammer 7. High Templar (SC II) 8. The Summoner (DII) 9. The Butcher (D1) 10. Archon (SC II) Honestly though, 10 spots is not enough, as I could easily say I want to see almost every cool and beloved (or hated) characters in Blizzard games come to life in Heroes of the Storm! By the way, does anyone desperately want to see a WCIV done with the same graphic engine and character as this game?! This looks just so perfect for a sequel for WCIV I feel.SteelFaith4 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Gddr3 vs Gddr5 for gaming Can someone explain to me what ram is better for computer gaming? I have hear Gddr3 is better for games.Leon2 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Sony is charging $60 to alpha test a new MMO Sony Online Entertainment is charging $60 to alpha test a free-to-play MMO "The MMORPG EverQuest once had a reputation for being so addictive that it was jokingly given the nickname "EverCrack." Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) is now readying the next installment in the EverQuest franchise, EverQuest Next Landmark, and it's hoping players feel that same level of devotion to the threequel. But over the years, Sony's MMO division earned a bit of a reputation for nickel-and-diming players to death, and it looks Landmark is hitting a new low. While the released game will be free-to-play, SOE is charging players for the privilege of testing it." ... "How much will it cost you to get a glimpse of the next version of EverQuest before everyone else? $60. SOE is calling these early access charges the "Founder's packs," and it's $60 for alpha access or $20 for beta access. However, if you really want to drop some cash, $100 will get you alpha access, your name in the Landmark credits, and some pay-to-win items." Full story here : http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/sony-online-entertainment-is-charging-60-to-alpha-test-a-free-to-play-mmo/hawkeye1 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Why D2 made me really mad... When everything became immune to my sorc I was MAD. In Hell difficulty and in PK the Sorc could only kill certain monsters and players and I'm glad we have a chance to kill anything in D3. Seriously, as fun as D2 was, it had some major unbalancing of it's own... Now with the bot infestation it's doomed :OZeyta28 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 world of warcraft cata mouse so ive been having this issue for a long time, google results dont help, so i was wondering if this mouse resets the pointer speed settings / scroll number settings on reboot? and if there is a way to change this please help, really annoyingHonor2 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Just killed Dominus in POE on hc First try kill for me and my friend, only on normal but we started playing a week ago. What a fight. If anyone plays HC D3 and Poe let us know if you want to group up for end game.Bowtye1 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 HotStorm Every time i go to the forums and see the HotStorm panel on the far right I get all giddy. I've double checked my opt in about 5x because why not. Also since it's a diablo forum, I am excited for the new expack and changes. -FanboyOminyx0 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 A little help with SC2 Hello there,first of all sorry for posting here Recently I started playing again SC2 the starter edition,the only problem there is I used a friend nickname (in-game name) I kinda was rushing to test the game at that time I googled any solution to change the name and in several posts suggests that you can change it from the battle.net management menu,in sc2 under the game license there is a free option name changer (Something like wow should appear) But i Don t see anything like that,there are no options at all,is there any way to change the name or maybe delete de starter edition and create another I am playing with my friend and we have same name,with a little derivation thanks in advancearpiar0 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Which new Blizz game are you most excited for? Starcraft II: Legacy Of The Void Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls World Of Warcraft II The last one is a stretch, but a game so successful must have a sequel down the line we can expect and that's pretty exciting! I'm most excited for LOTV!!! I'm gonna be one of "those" that waits in line for 12+ hours to get the first copies!!! :DZeyta14 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 You want a PoE thread? Here you go D3 = Action RPG with more emphasis on action PoE = Action RPG with more emphasis on numbers Games are different, stop demanding features from one game to be put in the other, it doesn't work.Blazi22 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Blackthorne free on Bnet just check the games clients on the bnet account management and under the classic games youll see the blackthorne game for download. enjoyacid80007 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 i'm actually playing future d3... with PoE self-found viable no auction house (beside black market, yes they do exist there) F2F trading (face to face) ladder end game contents build diversity map randomness with the expansion being like this (without AH and going back to old school d2 trading) i am seriously wondering how messed up and annoying trading would become. believe me when i say i want AH gone but after going through hell and back with PoE's trading, i am thinking otherwise. i farmed a lot and gotten a lot of mid/high/gg gears to sell and what did i end up doing? spamming for hours upon hours in a forever fast scrolling trade channel and general chat. i basically end up just doing giveaways. blizzard must come up with a solution for trading with the AH removal. seriously have no patience to flood forums/chats in midst of my gaming time -_-pichapie16 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 7, 2013 dark souls 2 beta Anyone download the client today? It's more of a network test than a beta: open for 3 hours this Sat 11pm-2am pst. I'm really excited even if I can only get on for a few minutes!donk6 Nov 7, 2013
Nov 7, 2013 Trials of Ascension MMO with some awesome ideas for mechanics in mind and superbly done lore at this point. Problem with it? It's in the super early stages of development and is trying to fund with Kickstarter. Still though go check it out for a good read of lore and ideas of how MMOs should be made: trialsofascension.com/homeOpizze0 Nov 7, 2013
Nov 7, 2013 Would u buy Diablo 3 for ps vita ? What the title says , if it was possible . I would buy it , diablo 3 on the go would be cool . I would like to know your opinion(s).killstreak10 Nov 7, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 No PvP in D3 -> Solution -> Play Diablo chars in HotS Yeah, I mean Heroes of the Storm. PvP will be balanced there, something exactly for competitive gamers. --- --- --- Diablo III has no Ladders, no PvP, and classes are totally imbalanced... Diablo III is for casuals only. PERIODKrusk58 Nov 6, 2013