Games & Technology

Sep 29, 2013 No Diablo II / LOD games? So I got a friend who wanted to play through this. been years. Log in and get the message about "12,000 games being played by like 26,000 players" or whatnot. So I pop up the server list. Nothing. Check firewall, allowed, nothing. I even go from US East to US West. Not a thing. So I don't get where these games are ~Mkilbride1 Sep 29, 2013
Sep 29, 2013 Blizzard: Those daily game issues hmm?.. This thread was mainly started because of a thread about Torchlight 2. Torchlight 2 and D3 gaming issues will be THE main topic here. I have had Torchlight 2 pre-ordered for quite a while and pre-ordered it at gamestop, but I don't know is it really possible to "pre-play" this? I have the gamestop app, but the game doesn't show up in my purchases, I still have my receipt, and I know it will require me to finally install steam which, to me, is a waste of memory, time, and computer speed, but whatever I'll install it. So does this mean I have to wait till midnight to download it or what? I don't know what's wrong with the pre-order issues, but I believe IF there IS any issues with it it'll be because of that gamestop located in Clinton, IA, yeah that's where I got it. Anyways, I loved the first torchlight and was shocked when I found out about the sequel. I do believe this is where I'll be spending most of my time because I refuse to pay for subscriptions for games like WOW or TERA Online which I was going to play one of those, but realized I'd have more fun just modding Torchlight 2 and playing with all my friends instead of farming mindlessly on the other games that I'd be forced to pay for monthly. I would love to keep playing Diablo 3, but my main character, my Wizard at LvL 60 paragon 1, is the only character I have had enough time to level up or even collect items with and now I can't use it at all because of how pathetic the RANGED system is for the Wizards. My Wizard can just barely get past the beginning of Act 2 on INFERNO, but I have gotten through it a few times in the old updates it's just friends need help leveling their characters which causes my wizard to lose progress. So, I've noticed even IF I had the best types of armor there really isn't any way a Wizard could be useful at all. I would probably have to spend about the next 2 years just getting enough gold to get my wizard to be able to "survive" inferno and then probably another 5 months after that to make her strong enough to "pass" it. Apparently the Ranged system in D3 is about shooting a few times and then running like a coward while praying and hoping you don't get touched or happen to run into a few rare, elites, or just some beefy regular monsters. See blizzard, it's not the monsters that's really the issue, but mostly the issue is how the characters work DURING combat against the "special abilities" monsters use AND just how BEEFY (tough) you've made the regular monsters. So say I got online again tonight to see if I could casually play my Wizard and maybe get a little further and here would be my list of how much gold I would gain and then lose: Begin Game: LvL 60, Para. Level 1 Wizard Starting gold: 5849 Mid-game gold: 10,000 and up End game gold: 124 or 0 Deaths: o . O dude that's pointless. (5-10 deaths) Total Playing time: 5-10 minutes. Go into one dungeon with my character in the desert areas and you can just feel how powerless you are within a matter of minutes through playing. By the time I have started to play and gotten maybe 5 minutes into a dungeon I've collected not even nearly enough gold to be able to pay for the P.O.S. way the Wizard plays. Diablo 3 + Wizard = Fail Diablo 3 + Wizard + Inferno = Ain't gonna happen dude. Diablo 3 + Fully Geared Wizard + Inferno = No gold for you. I've seen how many "enchantments" or spells are on these items and even really expensive ones that get dropped and I just don't see them getting any higher in number to help your character make a break through. I know this is a rant, but it's a good one. From time to time in gaming history I have looked back at the way a lot of developers make a game and then look to what they have now, but I didn't play diablo 2 so here's my point to you; Torchlight 2 could kick the crap out of your characters within the time it takes you to get "that gear" you've been looking for. Still working on that gear of yours? Still working on that novel of yours? LoL. Simple example of games I've seen: WoW characters vs. D3 = WoW (Without a doubt) D3 characters vs Torchlight 2 (Fully leveled) = Torchlight 2 TERA Online vs....? (ROFL) Why? This is because of how many spells you can have on one item. In dungeon based games you can plainly see it's basically about sitting still and fighting off hordes of enemies, even if some people think it's about sprinting through a dungeon it's not because when your party comes head to head with something that is a bigger than you there's no one in your team that can run and hit at the same time. Simple physics. Now the wizard could probably do that being that you can just place a venom hydra here there, but even that dies off at some point and can't help the fact you still have to sit and shoot back at some point. Same with the Demon Hunter, sure you can barrel role here or there and set some traps, but when you and your team is rushing crazily through a dungeon and then you get suddenly stopped by a huge horde of WTF just happened you realize that you have no more luck, your time has run out, and you are now dead. All I want blizzard to do is make something work for people who want one SOLID character and one character only. Not EVERYONE has the time in their daily life to go through each and every dungeon thousands of times with each and every other character. That may have worked with WoW and may have attracted people to WoW, but this is D3 NOT WoW guys. People in WoW don't mind having multiple characters because some WoW players have friends and family who don't want the whole thing; the account, log in, password and the whole sha-bang, sometimes they make those extra characters for their friends and family because they only want to play when they come over every once in awhile to get a feel for it. The point of all this: Make solo people able to have their fun with THEIR Main Characters and give the Online players their drops like dwarfs at a bank. I remember someone who played D2 and they said they didn't like how it's so easy to find your way out to the exit of a dungeon. Apparently to me I seem to see that these dungeon games these days don't have the feel for the dungeon like they used to. Technically what IS a dungeon game when it comes to it? It's not a long drown out story that's what it is! I seem to be gathering from people that most dungeon based games where the point of going through a very dangerous and long dungeon that would make you feel like their is terror a foot every second of the game and that SOME points in the game it would spill parts of a story, but the story wasn't the WHOLE GAME. The reason not many play D3 right now is for very many reasons like how the melee characters are 10x better then the ranged characters or really could just be because of the drops, but no I believe it's because the game is at a point where it is just STUCK there's nothing more to it then it being simply stuck. I think it's constricted to it's story and won't let players just PLAY. Play, run around, kill things randomly, and then maybe hit a few cinematics here there. The machanics of the game seems fine so far, loot system eh maybe, but being drug along a story with a basic ending as that? Seems kinda lame to me. Though if I were to add something new to this I would add 2 new classes and then create a huge, VERY RANDOM, open environment that, like D3 already does, randomizes each time you come back to play, but in certain areas would lead you AND your party to places you would NEVER expect. This game is like one of those really tight, stuck up, and hates everyone kinda person and they just really need a WEDGIE! Throw some chaos up in the joint, sure there is some in tight packed areas, but don't you feel a little claustrophobic when you play Diablo 3? I always felt, from the moment I bought this, that there was always going to be MORE to it and that it would never stop like the other games Blizzard has made, but now I feel like it's a monotonous waste of time. I mean even the marketplace feels a bit dead now too.Koitakunai8 Sep 29, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 Griefing never happened in D2 There was systems to prevent against it. Such as can only hostile in town, and have to wait 30 seconds to use a townportal or waypoint. Cant kill people in town. Only way grieving occurred was when someone let it happen by not leaving the game when they got hostile.Diablo2PVPER13 Sep 27, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Reaper of Souls PS3? Is reaper of souls coming to ps3 at the same time on the PC? Or at least in the same year?Lobinho1 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Diablo 2 Need help with my Zealadin in Nightmare Duriel He's about level 51, I'm having a really hard time doing any damage to him. I can generally survive very well, even without using holy shield. My mercenary does pretty well too, but we just can't do the damage. What weapons should I be going for? My stats probably aren't optimal but whatever. http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9200/p8in.png http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1551/8l1f.pngSOC21 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 If you're a fan of Megaman, look inside! You owe it to yourself to back this project; the spiritual successor to Megaman, Mighty No. 9. They have raised 2.5 million dollars as of September 26 with 5 days to go! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9 ... Current Stretch Goals 2.75 million: Beck & Call online co-op challenge mode 2.9 million: Intro Stage/Boss 3.1 million: Support Character 3.3 million: PS4/XBone versionRingo11 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Feel like playing warcraft 3! After almost 9 years, I really feel like playing this little masterpiece again. Downloading it right now from by Battle.Net account. Anyone still plays it here? Maybe we could play together on Battle.net...Lord am I going to be rusty. I warn you tho, never been super good at this game. I was decent at best. I plan playing a bit of campaign first to get the feeling back. Anyhow, if you're interrested answer me ! -SkySky100 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 bad lag, can't play? no problem, back to..... heroes of might and magic 3 anyone here in the wiz community still plays this? :Dpichapie12 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Need advice on buying a new gaming beast So, when i play D3, i usually have problems because my machine is a little old. When fighting more than 30-35 monster at once, my fps drops a little, and when the monsters are really dense, like 60-70+ it is really bad. Also every time i log in and the first fight against a group of 5-10 monsters is like the screen tearing/fps drop. Kinda like it's loading or something. I am planning on buying a new machine next year when RoS comes out. Can you guys give me some advice on what can run Borderlands 2 on max. absolute max without any problems and also Diablo 3 when fighting like a 80+ monsters at once without problems ? I'd like to discuss this both for computers and laptops, although of course i know a computer has higher gaming power. Thanks in advance.Forzi10 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 Question about HDs, partitions, and speed In my macbook pro I have a solid state HD with a mac partition and a windows partition. The windows partition has all my games and is almost full, while the mac partition has a fair amount of free space. I've heard that the more full a HD gets the slower it runs. Would that also apply for individual partitions in a HD even when total capacity isn't in the nearly full range? ThanksBloomer2 Sep 26, 2013
Sep 25, 2013 New Shadow Warrior Releases Tomorrow ! I know its not a blizzard game but im sure many of you are old school gamers and remember the days of hilarious FPS. im talking about Rise Of the Triad <---- Also had a recent re-release which is epic Heretic Hexen Shadow Warrior Blood There was just something so awesome about these classics, the weapons, the gore, the cursing. Did any one else play these games when they were younger? And who else is exited about these classic PC reboots !!lpnlizard6 Sep 25, 2013
Sep 24, 2013 Universes that lend themselves to ARPG games Someone over on the General Topics page mentioned Sacred 2. This got me thinking about Blind Guardian and their Album Nightfall in Middle-Earth. This in turn led me to wonder if The Silmarillion would be an amazing setting for a Diablo-type ARPG. Think about it. You would begin in Valinor, one of the Noldor just minding your own business, chilling out with the Gods, living carefree and Elvish. One day Melkor comes with a Giant Spider and wrecks things for everyone. Feanor and his sons swear the Oath to regain what was stolen, and you, a membor of their household, begin your journey. I guess the fighting would begin at the Destruction of the Trees and run out to the Kinslaying and Stealing of the Ships. After returning to Middle-Earth and the Burning of the Ships you get a "Greatest Hits" of Beleriand's history. The Five Battles, sneaking in with Beren and Luthien, Fingolfin Vs. Morgoth, eventually the destruction of Beleriand. It would be Epic and Sad. But when it ended, you'd be up to the History of Numenore. and the sequel could be about the founding of the kingdoms of Men. Arnor/Gondor and the Rings of Power and rise of Sauron That's just a random idea. What do you guys think, and what other Universes could you see being adapted towards a game like Diablo?Vonotar0 Sep 24, 2013
Sep 24, 2013 PS Vita Hello there and I hope this is the right place to post and question this. I really like the consoleversion of diablo 3 because it was just play to win. And the multiplayer funktion and gameplay was also awesome. And here is my dream/idea (xP) : It would be cool if blizzard could make a PS vita version of D3. I think this would be awesome. Anyway just an Idea nothin more. All in all you guys doing a great job :) thumbs up CheersKisato1 Sep 24, 2013
Sep 24, 2013 Rate the Blizzard games you have played since 1996 I had to set the cutoff point somewhere so I picked the year Diablo came out. I have to add that Battle Chess was great~. I went with letter grades for some reason. Diablo: A Lost Vikings 2: DNP SC: C SC-BW: B+ D2: D D2-LOD: B WC3: F WC3-TFT: D WoW: A WoW expansions overal: F though graded better for the first few, cataclysm broke the entire game. SC2: B D3: B- SC2-HOTS: CEnder74 Sep 24, 2013
Sep 23, 2013 What to do on a boat Okay so I made a post in June or July when my season started, but since then I need more stuff to do. I fish in the middle of the ocean on a boat without internet and I need fun things to do. I just bought a new alienware lappy with all those high end specs. I'm asking you guys to suggest movies, tv series and games to take with my on my trip. I have steam, but would actually prefer non-steam games because steam always craps out mid way through a trip (sometimes I'm out there for several months) I bought and have yet to play Dust, Tombraider, Starcraft 2 hots, and Trine 2 to name a few. I still have games I don't mind playing again like Peggle, Baldurs gate and Skyrim. For series I have under the dome, Firefly and the walking dead. I've watched most mainstream fav's but I'm looking for lots of suggestions. And all movies suggestions are welcome. Thanks.Kaiten7 Sep 23, 2013
Sep 23, 2013 Laptop Advice please My kiddo has taken an interest in the game so thought I would try and find a decently priced laptop that can play D3 so we can play together It's been years since i have bought a PC so was hoping someone who is current on this subject could point me in the right direction to look at some I am thinking 15 inch screen is fine i5 processor but sure about the rest though ThanksRyum2 Sep 23, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 Have you guys seen POE patch history? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/patch-notes Just saying. (ps, can't really get into POE, prefer diablo 3, but I really don't believe it should take so long for the blizz team to give us updates)FinalBoss27 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 Path of Exile? I remember when a lot of people on this forum were claiming that PoE would overake D3, etc. But a few months later I've completely forgotten about it until recently. So what happened to Path of Exile anyways?MaapoXII11 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 league of legends any lol players here? i am a diamond player with 34k wins. in my dreams.EremiteAngel0 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 DotA Gets LAN Play Announcement page: http://www.dota2.com/firstblood Just gonna leave this here to show that there are examples of good games with heavy multiplayer emphasis that are actually nutting up and saying "Hey, people want this. This would make them happy. We should do that."FirePenguin13 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 Old wow guild playing FF14 http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1m67er/a_look_at_the_first_boss_of_bahamuts_coil_my/ Death and Taxes was a famous guild back in the day and some of members are apparently pretty excited with end game raiding in FF14. Kind of surprised there isn't much talk of this game around here. Pretty much every review I've read has been positive. I'm still waiting for them to add servers, but I'll probably try it down the road.Kageki7 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Too Human (XBOX360) Has anyone ever played this game? I remember playing a few years back in college. My buddies an I had a blast playing it! Has anyone else played this game, or are still playing from time to time? I am thinking of starting back up!Douger140 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Looking for a new game that has an economy Since the AH is gone and the economy of Diablo is being pushed to the black market, I'm looking for a new game to try that has a living breathing economy and is also cool. I'm not interested in 3D MMOs. What else is there? The games I've played already that have loved were Maple Story, Travian, Galaxy Online 2, GMUD. Any suggestions?MajinBuu2 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Grand Theft Auto 5 Game is Out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tApajtahul0NukemDukem4 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Weekend Giveaway! 500 mil gold and 200k DPS Wiz set Hey Everyone, I’m trying to help promote a new gaming blog and thought what better way then to give away gold and gear!! Here are the rules: Visit the most recent Rebel Gaming article (link at end of post) on the D3 expansion. Post a comment as to whether or not you’re excited about the game. After you post on the Rebel Gaming article, post here telling me the username you used to comment on the article and (this is optional) your favorite Diablo 3 quote. Only do this if the prizes are worth something to you! Prizes: 1. The first 10 people to comment will get 10 million gold each. 2. The next 20 will get 5 million each. 3. The next 50 will get 2 million each. After the first 80 posts, you will not be rewarded gold for your post, but you will be entered in for the grand prize. (Obviously the first 80 posts are entered as well.) The grand prize is 200 million gold and a 200k DPS Wizard set. Only one person will win both the gold and gear. You don’t have to have a wizard to win this set. You can sell it if you’d like. I'll post more info about the set as the deadline gets closer. The Grand Prize winner will be determined by first selecting a pool of the 25 best D3 quotes posted here. Then I will randomly select 25 of the remaining contestants (quotes or no quotes), and combine them with the 25 selected contestants and then randomly select a Grand Prize winner. I’ll try and get people their gold as soon as they post on Rebel Gaming as long as I’m logged in starting at midnight tonight (EST). The Grand Prize will be awarded and announced at 8 PM EST this Sunday, September 1st. Here is the link: http://rebelgaming.com/2013/08/30/diablo-3-expansion-reaper-of-souls/Maxus70 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 arpg - grim dawn - has anyone played it? i saw it on a 2013 top arpg list on youtube and it looked pretty good and vaguely remember some people mentioning they've played it on the forums. everyone on the video was commenting it was similar to d2/titan quest/tl2 and if you liked those games then you'd probably like this. can someone whose played it tell me what their experience was like? was it good? was there many people on the server? was it similar to d2/tl2 from their experience? thanks in advancepawlie5 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 What Games Are You Looking Foward Too? I'm personally looking forward to; Dark Souls 2 (3/31/14) Assassins Creed IV (10/29/13) GTA: V (9/17/13)King5 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 Bliizard All Stars Has there been any headway in this game? Is it still going to be released?Vanzan4 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 Diablo 2 - Wow! Just re installed Diablo 2, modded it up to drop legendaries left and right, Lots of fun. Running around at 60% movement speed -> fun Not giving myself carpal tunnel from click attack - > fun Not having to drop more $$$ to dominate - > fun Actual useful attributes that drop often - > fun Ability to adjust drops to personal preference - > fun Fallen syaing Rakanishu all the time - > fun Gheed's nomadic phallus versus Charsi's Horadric Malus - > fun Developers need to get back to basics. Biizzard was the best in the world and had the passion for making addicting, well put together games. Profits follow as long as you know what drives the business. Blizzard is not the best in the world nor do they have the passion for running auction houses. Get back to basics please.pigswill60 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 So who's pumped....??? For GTA V ;)Moridin15 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 13, 2013 PSA: WoW seige of org WoW patch has hit Seige of org. Timeless isle is up. New PvP is up. Just to let or WoW players know. The season 13 pvp armor is at the honor vendor. Timeless isle is pretty rough on PvP servers. Got ganked by groups a few times. My pvp gear is lacking due to my D3 time atm .DeadRu15 Sep 13, 2013
Sep 12, 2013 I'd like to build a good gaming desktop Mostly to run D3 (high end) and Dragon Age Inquisition when that comes out. It's been a long time since I've built a computer and I'm really out of the loop as far as PC technology. Could you guys help me with what parts I should look at? I'd like to keep it around $600. Is that at all feasible? I really have no clue where to start on thisSirMeatwad8 Sep 12, 2013
Sep 12, 2013 Gaming Glasses. Hey guys just wondering if anyone uses any sort of PC and/or Gaming Glasses, from browsing the internet to marathon gaming sessions. Curious to see how people rate them, i'm interested in buying a pair of Gunnar Optik's, rrp $79+shipping. Not sure if to take the plunge and try them out or if they're just a gimmick. Post your review's, thoughts, advice below :)SunTzu11 Sep 12, 2013
Sep 12, 2013 advise on new computer JUST for d3??? never mind, waste of time...buddhabelly0 Sep 12, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Nox is a good game i think Nox is better than diablo 3 and diablo 2. blizzard needs to remake Nox or other game company should do that. also Revenant is good game. Nox and Revenant have its own unique system. why don't other game companies copy any of them?Genius15 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 DIABLO 2 FANS so iv been reading alot on forums how people wish diablo 3 was more like diablo 2 but iv never played diablo 2 can some one explain the good parts in diablo 2 that they would like to see in diablo 3?Coodge116 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Echo of soul online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlG4nzZJFpQ Echo of soul online - ice sorceress Live StreamGenius0 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 please close or delete delete this thread.komakoz6 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Top comment in recent IGN WoW-related article Posted from "naosyth" : "The magic of this game is gone. Like a battered and abused wife crawling back to her first love, I made my annual summer return to World of Warcraft earlier in June of this year. The last time I played this was the summer right before MoP, and the last time I played before that was from vanilla through Burning Crusade, right before WotLK. I'd like to contend that at this point in the game, there's really very little left to keep players playing. This isn't anything new-- we've all seen the myriad of what we consider to be the vocal minority posting their "AFTER X AMOUNT OF YEARS, IM DONE" comments lamenting about this that and the other thing, and why this game hasn't aged well or whatever. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is about this game that made it so addicting, and so appealing six or seven years ago, but what I can tell you is that everything in this game feels so EMPTY now. Community no longer exists. I'd like to touch on guilds, the lack of a static community and the commoditization of every single thing in this game in a separate point. Here's the simple fact: you never have to open your chat window, ever-- and you can progress to the end of the game. Try it, make a new character, unbind the chat key (enter by default), and see if you can get the best gear short of normals/heroics in the game, you can probably reach 530 ilvl without a problem. By streamlining the game to the point where nobody really has to communicate with each other, there's very little incentive to ever say anything. In Guild Wars 2, one of the biggest complaints players have about world bosses is that the individual feels so insignificant, as if you might as well not even be there and nothing would change. I'd like to argue that this same problem has reared its ugly head in the form of LFR-- you don't actually have to do anything or SAY anything to anyone about anything when you're in an LFR. You literally just have to sit there, spam your primary attack or heal, and collect loot. That's it. Messed up on your rotation? Forgot to DPS the adds? Who cares? It's nearly impossible to die in LFR anyway and the incentive is so meager and unattractive that it's not even worth putting any effort into. This brings me to my second point. The Downfall of the Special Snowflake I'm making this argument as a casual (if that gives me any credibility at all [it doesn't, but I'd just like to mention it]) Exclusivity breeds addiction-- plain and simple. The name of the game for Blizzard is addiction. If you cannot keep players hooked, if you cannot keep players addicted, you will lose players. I played a hunter in Vanilla, and I remember inspecting guys in full Dragonstalker with the BWL crossbow and absolutely losing my mind. I also remember that because back then I was young, dumb, and a horrible player, it took me years before I got 7/8 Giantstalkers. But here's the difference between then and now: back then I savored the moment I got every single piece of gear that my character got-- because it wasn't easy. There was something almost mythical about having epic gear. Like having epic gear completely bought me onto a whole new level of gameplay or something. I remember getting the Blastershot Launcher off of Golemagg in MC and completely (and silently) losing my !@#$ to myself in my bedroom. What's the difference now? You tell me. Does anybody really go wild over getting a couple LFR pieces? Who even cares now. There's a set route to get to a set item level to enter a dungeon and play the lottery. I remember picking up the 522 valor necklace for my warlock after a couple weeks of casually doing heroics and feeling utterly and completely unmoved by it. Gear has to be exclusive. Gear has to mean something in this game folks. If getting the best gear in the game is the standard, if getting the coolest looking armor is par for the course, there's no incentive to getting it. On my 503 ilvl hunter I asked myself: Why even bother getting more gear to do normals? Normal or heroic gear does absolutely nothing for me as a player. It doesn't give me an advantage in battlegrounds or arena, it's like barely recolored at all, doesn't even look any different, and all it enables me to do is do the same exact content on normal/heroic that I'm doing in LFR anyway... why bother??!? Community Doesn't Exist (Part 2) It doesn't. Why be in a guild? We've seen the countless threads on here of returning players wondering why nobody talks in guilds. I was in a guild before when leveling some of my alts (for the bonus exp and heirlooms.....) and there was just this one guy who was always saying "grats!!" when other players would finish achievements. And nobody responded to this dude. It was the saddest thing I experienced coming back to this game, to see that people are desperate to interact with each other, and yet people are only in guilds for the perks. Blizzard made guilds into a commodity-- just like they have made everything in this game a commodity. Guys, communities (not just games) need intangible factors in order to thrive. You can't put a price tag on systems which enable and encourage friendship, bonding, and teamwork. What I'm saying is, by adding in guild "levels", and that horrible Cash Flow perk, Blizzard has effectively put a price and tangible value on something that encouraged people to band together for a common cause, be it playing arenas, ganking in world pvp, raiding, whatever. Guess what happens when you put monetary value on anything? Gee, well duh it's gonna get exploited, diluted, and personal benefit will be put at the forefront of everyone's motives. The guild master gets free gold from the people sitting in the guild, and the people sitting in the guild get the bonus experience, reduced hearth, etc. etc. all without ever having to say a single word to each other. Achievements The last point I'd like to touch upon are achievements. This point is somewhat of a difficult subject for me to wrestle with because while I personally love achievements in games, I think these could have been handled a bit better. The implementation of achievements into this game mirrors a very real problem that many college graduates right now (me, heh heh..) are facing. Does this sound familiar to you??? "But how do I get experience if everywhere I'm applying to requires me to have prior experience!?!?" If you're in college or have recently graduated college, you've without a doubt heard this one a multitude of times. Sure in the real world there are alternatives in unpaid internships, being a teacher's assistant, helping professors do research, etc. But there are NO UNPAID INTERNSHIPS IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Which isn't a bad thing because to begin with, because unpaid internships are facing a myriad of moral and ethical challenges right this minute. But what I'm saying is that if you don't have that achievement link that says COMPLETED ON xx/yy/zz, then you're screwed. Try finding arena teams that aren't just fishing for quick conquest cap, or a normal/heroic raiding guild as a new player-- it isn't happening man. It's just not happening. Ironically enough, this point seemingly conflicts with my argument for the "special snowflake" before-- but I'd like to contend that Blizzard somehow maintained a balance during vanilla and Burning Crusade that not only allowed for the exclusivity of raiding epics, but also gave new players a chance to experience that if they wanted it enough. After all, if some 14 year old running around with Ice Barbed Spear and a blue level 51 crossbow could get into a raiding guild that eventually progressed to the steps of Nefarian, something was going right on Blizzard's side. My subscription ends in two days and I won't be renewing it; which is oh so bitterly funny to me as I finally have all the time in the world to play games now. I won't be heading back to school this week or next week because I've finally graduated-- but the game that I once loved just isn't the same anymore. I logged on my alliance hunter today for my daily queue of Heroics, LFR, and Battlegrounds while spamming chat for an arena partner willing to push 2k on my 1800 2s team. Nobody wanted to play 2s, and a feeling of overwhelming dread of the drudgery and boredom of another LFR hit me as my queue for ToT popped so I simply stopped and uninstalled. Thanks for the good times Blizz :D"wickedjefe8 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 recommendation pls Anyone got a recommendation for a mobo and PSU ? in a mid tier rig. Overclocking not required. The com specs i want : i5 - 4670 (haswell) GPU - Gtx 770 ram - G-Skill RipJawX 1600MHz (8gb) SSD - Samsung 840 120GB SSD SATA3 HDD - WD black 1tb case - Sharkoon T28 PSU ??? MOBO ???Lightofeast1 Sep 9, 2013
Sep 8, 2013 Diablo 2 LOD - 2d open gl vs 3d open gl The game runs fine but if i try to run the video test or skip and just select 3d open gl (it's on 2d open gl) when i launch the game I get an error message (i'm not 100% sure what that error message is and would have to recreate he problem to check it again) but if I put it back on 2d open gl it works fine again. My question is probably a noob question but what is the difference between the two and should I just continue playing with 2dopen gl or should I try to find a fix? CPU i7 3930 k (running around 4.2 ghz) GPU - gtx 780 two way sli (running around 1110 mhz I think) Motherboard - Asus rampage extreme iv Thank you.Nastycrits4 Sep 8, 2013
Sep 8, 2013 is All about money in D3!!!!!Better PLAY DOTA2 D3 there is NO talent you will gain here! all about money! NO money no gear! :)) not like in DOTA2 u can feel the game!excitement, talent,strategy,!!in this is game! If BLIZZARD give expasion free,, i will stick to this game! :))WolfwooD13 Sep 8, 2013
Sep 8, 2013 Streaming smite Plesae help a brand new streamer out and show your support =D twitch.tv/unholycrownNerfed0 Sep 8, 2013
Sep 8, 2013 [OFF] Grim Dawn (hack & slash) Enjoy!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdcSaN5J8t4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h_T2T_15qlkPadilhakid10 Sep 8, 2013
Sep 8, 2013 Come watch my sister streaming Outlast! Come watch her. If you know any other popular forums to post about Outlast please let me know :) twitch.tv/closetgamer0302MasterMike0 Sep 8, 2013
Sep 7, 2013 Borderlands2 killed itself. With poor scaling and terrible updates. Paragon level & Monster power alike update for 5bucks is a joke, and end game is now totally like the early days of D3 inferno, just pain to play. I really feel sorry for this game,Kurt2 Sep 7, 2013
Sep 5, 2013 All in one PC for D3 Hi Folks, Can anyone recommend an all in one PC that can handle medium (preferably high) settings for D3?Clarimax6 Sep 5, 2013
Sep 3, 2013 Civ 5: Brave New World Has anybody else been playing this? I just fired it up this morning and tried my hand with Venice. The trade route changes are interesting. The new Great Merchant ability to buy a City State is pretty cool. I think I like the changes and I'm interested in seeing more of the game. Anybody else have anything to add?Zaknaril3 Sep 3, 2013
Sep 3, 2013 Top 10 Games Of All Time It was a hard list to make. And it could be amended more times then the bill of rights once you all start going. I tried not to list games in the same series twice. Instead I just put a ">" to let you know which one is was up against. 10.) Assassins Creed II > Assassins Creed III 9.) Skyrim > Morrowind 8.) GTA: San Andreas 7.) Mario Kart 64 6.) Gauntlet Dark Legacy 5.) Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction 4.) Super Mario 64 3.) Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy 2.) Zelda Ocarina Of Time > Majoras Mask 1.) Dark Souls > Demon's Souls EDIT: It's a tough thing to try and articulate. And I could probably go back and change my list every time I look at it. This is my revised list. 1.) Dark Souls 2.) Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3.) Demon's Souls 4.) Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy 5.) Zelda Majoras Mask 6.) Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction 7.) Runescape 8.) Gauntlet Dark Legacy 9.) Mario Kart 64 10.) Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Others good games I could mention that you should check out. At the end I put what system I played them one. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) Donkey Kong 64 (If you're not graphic driven then you'll be able to really appreciate any old games.) (N64) The Elder Scrolls Series (Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim) (PC/PS3) Assassins Creed Series (PS3) Little Big Planet Series (PS3) Jet Force Gemini (N64) Super Mario 64 (N64) Donkey Kong Country (Very old game on the Super Nintendo but still very fun.) Shadow Of Rome (PS2) Dead Space 1 & 2 (Dead Space 3 is a fine game but has less of the core elements that 1 and 2 had.) (PS3) Any 2D Mario Game Zelda Series God Of War Series (PS2/PS3) Devil May Cry Series (PS2/PS3) StarCraft 1 & 2 (PC) Diablo 3 (PC) Legacy Of Kain (Soul Reaver 2/Blood Omen 2) (PS2) Infamous 1 & 2 (PS3) Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2) Damn, never realized how many games I've played over the years. And this probably isn't even half.King61 Sep 3, 2013
Sep 3, 2013 Vote in the GameFAQs Character Battle IX Poll http://www.gamefaqs.com/ Link vs Shepard vs Draven lasts until midnight 9/2/2013Einrose0 Sep 3, 2013