Games & Technology

Sep 27 D3 Needs D2 Hey is there any mods to this game or could you allow players the ability to mod this game with D2 skill system instead of this garbage system? Also allow D2 PVP instead what ever this games current PVP after thought was? Allow players to make this game good because who ever thought up the changes from D2 to D3 needs to be fired from the staff. I bet he was the same guy that did the skill revamp that killed WOW.Regulator21 Sep 27
Sep 27 WoW patch notes give us a D2 Anniversary edition hint? While looking through the WoW patch notes, I came across the following: http://imgur.com/a/oi5Dv here is the link to the patch notes: http://www.wowhead.com/news=255940/patch-7-1-ptr-now-live-build-22578-mounts-karazhan-bosses-ptr-patch-notes-music- scroll to icons and you can get some detail about each achievement Which shows 8 Diablo Achievements in WoW.Sooks20081 Sep 27
Sep 25 Diablo 2 patch 1.14d dont save... So i played this new patch. Greated new hero and quited game, later i came back and my char was level 1 again!! Everyone had same problem???Nazgul4 Sep 25
Sep 19 I remember, stuff and things, and what-not. remember when... in D2 .. you could only hold 26000000 gold in your stash and on person. the rest hit the floor.. so we didnt end up with people have five bazillion dollars.. that was a good gold sink. remember being able to sell cracked and white top tier items to vendors for 25000 gold. so after a hour of farming bosses and getting nothing or one or two things you could repair your self for like. 14,000Gold and be fine.. remember not having to pick up and vendor everything to cover repair costs. remember smashing pots and getting a PUL rune now and then. Remember when bosses dropped set items . and legendaries. remember legendaries that were stronger than blue items. remember someone giving you a shako because it was only a 212 DEF one and not the 217 max perfect one.. but you were stoked any ways. remember going to join game.. and you could choose what game with who to join. REember killing andariel the first time . and seeing gems and a set or two and a legendary drop off her. and being like WOW.. it was worth it getting her down. remember when you went back 4-5 times and killed her. untill she dropped a few items that were upgrades to what you were wearing. so you could progress further. remember being able to go to any WP any time and killing any boss you wanted. remember when legendaries were legendary. remember when you actualy found your first grand skill charm for like. feral druids.but it was cool cause you made a game called "druid charm for trap charm.". you went down and did andariel. and the countess. and went to do a chaos run. and someone came into the game. and wanted to trade you for your druid charm. for a trap charm.. and yu were like FREAKING SWEET> an upgrade. REmember when upgrades came from the guys you were killing. not from a pay pal account. remember in D2 in the first act.and the weather changed and it stormed for the first time when you were playing. and it was like. AWE SWEET. lightining and schttuff. remember when the only two champion/elite packs to fear were wraiths and stygian dolls. remember the EPIC doom knight battles in chaos runs opening the portals. remember how screwed you were the first time you had to face "the high council" remember corse explosion and amp damage face owning. ahhh. Remember that first sorc you rolled. and go into act 2 and got FROZEN ORB for the first time.. and how it owned everything. remember killing someone and opening a trade window and showing them their ear. remember standing 10 feet away and dropping there ear over and over.. hahahah remember plastering fields and fields of cows. moo. remember when you had 3 skill trees and they were all viable. and you could put points where you wanted. remember the melee fire sorc. this is now diablo 3 remember act 1.. ohh ya i do. from day one. remember when barrels and clouds dropped like ....stuff. remember Id-ing buckets of rares to find crap. remember finding golbins tha arent hard to get too and like killing them to make Lewts. remember when blizzard found out that you found Lewts and took ur toys away. remember when it was worth it in repair costs to TRY and progress further into act 3-4 inferno. remember when you found a legenday helm as was like HECK YEAH BOI. then you id'ed it . and vendored it. cause it was as legendary as a black mushroom. remember when you killed skelli king in normal and he dropped something that was an upgrade for you at the time. remember when you did the same thing to hiim in NM.. and hell. but now you kill him in inferno and he drops the exact same thing you got from him in hell mode.. remember the same 5 things the templar says over and over in a multi million dollar developed game. insteed of at least having 20+ things to say. he only says the same freaking 5 things over and over.. and how you dont have a damn button to click to make him shut up. remember how weird it seemed that story line forced purple mobs dont give a neph buff.. remember that elite pack you stumbled on 2 feet inside the dungeon that was like. vortex jailer invernuable ,arcane,walling mortors. ohh and the death check point was basicially spawning you in the middle of there fire chains. remember the first time you tried to change your skills to adjust your build to defeat a difficult elite pack. only to loose the 5 stakcs you took 20 minutes to earn. remember when you paid 60$ for this game. rememer when "you" decided was was a "fun" way to play. remember that first week you played. and you always reported spammers and gold sellers in hopes that blizzard would give a crap this game about keeping them out so it doesnt hurt my gameplay experience. remember when IAS did soemething viable. so you purchase some itmes that had it and spent all you money on them . only to get them nerfed into the ground. http://youtu.be/2OvOEFFLpYUnooneuno29 Sep 19
Sep 17 Controller Support Hey Devs, With steam boxes becoming more widely used in peoples living rooms, keyboards and mice are not really a viable option from a sofa. Since you have already developed a controller scheme for consoles, can you please offer this scheme as an option to PC players. It would be highly appreciated by myself and many others. Yes, I have the game for my ps4, but the eye candy is better on my PC and 65 inch TV. With much respect, Thank You.Judas3 Sep 17
Sep 12 Diablo 2 - Download Client? Hey guys, I bought this game when it first came out and wanted to play it again but my new pc doesn't have a cd player. Is there anyway to download the client? I still have my cd-keys for proof of purchase way back then. Anyone know? Edit: I found the link to add keys. So nevermind this post.jdgamer1 Sep 12
Sep 12 Several former Blizzard designers found new gamecompany Rob Prado, Josh Mosqueira and a few other former designers for Blizzard games have founded a new gaming company called Bonfire Studios. http://www.bonfirestudios.com/ They haven't announced any game yet, but apparently they are hiring people.clueso2 Sep 12
Sep 10 Diablo 2??? has the graphics of the game gotten better with all the patches & do you get everything for the $9.99 Thank you!TheGaige13 Sep 10
Sep 9 Any ideas for new PC games? I'd like to buy a new PC game, but I'm not sure which one would be good. Any suggestions? It'll be a while until D4 comes out, so I'm looking for some other games to play. I already have all the StarCraft games. I'm into both RPG and sci-fi. Thanks.Starblazer2 Sep 9
Sep 8 If Another Diablo Game Is Coming: What Do You Want? What did D3 do wrong? What could another installment do right? If you could get in on the ground floor: - What classes would you like to see? - What sort of endgame should it have? - Should there be trading/AH?Lost22 Sep 8
Sep 7 D3 bashing? I guess I don't get it. I see so many posts bashing D3 because it's not D2. I am well into my senior years, played D1, played the crap outta D2/LOD and now D3ROS ... and I really like it. If D3 is so bad ... play D2. And why spend so much time posting how much you liked D2 better or how much you dislike D3 ... again, just go play D2 and leave us who love D3 alone to have fun. Even at my age (pushing 70) I play every night after work and weekends ... and so does my wife. We just plain like it and we're both still learning new mechanics since the day it came out ... Then ROS was awesome. I've also played many other ARPG's to their end, but I always come back to D3. And the Adventure mode in D3 is very cool ... in D2 all we could do is endless Mephisto or Baal runs for drops. Got kinda boring ... so ya start a new character. Are there changes I'd like ... of course. Build-able skills that you could invest skill points in would be very cool, but it doesn't make me dislike the game. If I'm alone in my opinion here ... so be it. Just saying ... All in all .. I enjoy it and will keep playing unless D4 comes out in my lifetime.beastieboy4 Sep 7
Sep 7 Buying a new sound card need help I'm stuck between the asus xonar DX, D2X and STX II. I have 2.1 set of speakers and a steel series siberia 200 headset. Which one should i get? I hear they are all good sound cards, I mostly use my speakers :) I don't like my onboard realtek alc 887Zwyheinder0 Sep 7
Sep 6 New PC. Will this run D3 / WoW on med - high? I'm thinking of returning to WoW and Diablo 3; however, my old PC died and I got this new one for cheap (needed one for school anyways so at 50% off it was a steal... lol floor models). I have no idea how well it would run a game like WoW. Anyone have any input? 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-6500 Gigabit LAN NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB DVDRW 8 GB DDR4 Windows 10 Home 64 Bit ( I posted this in GD but I guess it should be here instead? )Zeidra1 Sep 6
Sep 6 Buying Diablo 3 Reaper of souls I bought Diablo 3 on Battle net but want to buy a hard copy of RoS,will it be uploaded to my Battle.net account or will it not be connected to it?lovro3451 Sep 6
Sep 5 I tried to play D2 instead of D3 It was perfect, if I don't cound the bots - spam bots especially, but they can be muted, no problem than.. I made it to lvl 80, took my fgs to buy some gear, put it on, and BANG! some bastard killed me with (previously banned, but it looks like now it is ok) addon-hack. I feel really bad for Diablo, loved Diablo 2, used to love Diablo 3, for some time, but now it's not fun there is no fun, no challenge here. Also on Gamescom the only message was, that they did some patches, and maybe there will be some more.. and that's it.. Please make D2 once more playable - without bots, without addons that ruin the game. Thank you, I still hope. KalebKaleb13 Sep 5
Sep 4 Has Diablo 2 item find been nerfed? I've been playing diablo2 like 15 years and never had this poor item find than now. I'm playing frenzy barb. I gave up farming with high magic find gear(over 200 mf) after hundres of champions killed and only blue items. Bosses gave only low level items(Sigon etc) though I was over lv80 and over 200magic find. Can it be that because I got couple of good items for free earlier from other player, there's some rule that its harder to get items now...that would feel quite stupid. I've allso been killing Countes countless times (playing HELL difficulty) and the highest runes I've had are amn and ort....on hell...come on!!Hauki9 Sep 4
Sep 3 Titan Quest Aniversary Edition For only $6.49 Canadian dollars on GOG! In US should be 5 something This version has higher resolution and a lot of improved things! Instabuy here! Really worth the money if you are an ARPG addict like me! lol Cheers Quick note: I do not work for GOG or developer, publisher, whatever involved with Titan Quest and this release. I just think that Titan Quest is an amazing game / Diablo clone and people can really have a blast for some hours with it. Specially the ones that never played it before! And the price is really attractive imhoPetrus0 Sep 3
Sep 2 WoW is over done and played out for many players. Bring in a new era please give me Diablo WoD so i can enjoy that journey in a awesome way. WoW is just over played and in a world i have ventured and quested and extremely tired of I want a darker world like Diablo mmo, I think that quest and story line would be much more immersive and the bosses would be beyond captivating. I'm not saying never make a Diablo 4 the same as 3 but. make a new team of WoW veterans that take Diablo to the next level.I love the world the half angel half human concept to save the world and the darkness that will never be fully stopped but hell if each game we don't try. If you need a faction players can always be half angel half humans/ like the alliance or the dark demons trying to separate themselves from the undead rule/ like the horde. Ultimately both fighting demons/ human villages so there is pvp and pve just like WoW plenty of demons and angels to make for the game. I could not stomach another WoW game don't get me wrong legions looks great but i know that world, I was in it since vanilla and it's no longer that mysterious to me. However I would love to see the lands of Diablo come to life. You can ultimately make a world worth paying subscription or just making it more 3rd person without the cartoon charcters and new content that can grow and expand like any WoW expansion. I love Diablo I try to get into WoW world but I can't find the appeal in the mundane world, The legion and land is not the epic quality and lore as Diablo they are two completely different worlds, However you use to have a bigger subscription and appeal now it's repetitive and almost like your grabbing for whatever story or encounter you can come up with next. Example have you killed death wing?, yes 2x. Did you slay the lich king?, yes.Did you conquer Illidane? yes. I would have gave that game a break it's been revamped for 10+ yrs. Yet here you have World of Diablo with such lore and complete utter mystery that few would be discouraged to see it come to life. This is all a suggestion and personal opinion so I hope no one goes oh no sir, literally i'm just ranting about something i think would be nice for me. Hints: i'm not speaking for everyone who plays Diablo for what they believe in what Diablo should always be. I'm saying it would be awesome for myself to see Diablos world come to life. So please be easy on the blasphemy posts.WretchedPyro13 Sep 2
Sep 1 Which has the bigger player base - D2 or D3? TitleRalavik48 Sep 1
Sep 1 I'm BOOOOOORED!!! Someone please explain to me what the hell a Pokemon is. And why exactly are two grown men about to start a knife fight in my back yard over it?wahskcirt7 Sep 1
Sep 1 Game Sale - Hey friends, Sale on CD Keys: https://www.g2a.com/r/argurios Check it out :)MiSo0 Sep 1
Aug 30 I know why D3 is on back burner now....sigh Read this article: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-blizzard-can-save-the-business-of-world-of-warcraft/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=21373926308001945111358547038933 WoW has lost close to half it's paying customer base. It's certainly not Blizzard's fault as times change and people grow up and make families etc. thus leaving online gaming behind. The cost of creating and making an expansion every two years is enormous. WoW may have been the proverbial cash cow for over a decade but now the money people are nervous. So why would there be any real content creators in the Diablo 3 world now? No wonder it's been so quiet and haven't had a Tavern Talk in ages. I miss perky Nevalistis asking the questions to the devs on the couch. If you love Diablo 3, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this article. Should WoW kill the subscription fee? Would that bring back millions more customers? Does WoW losing $$$$$ every month now cause Diablo 3 to suffer?Amrita54 Aug 30
Aug 28 I searched "Diablo" on Steam out of curiosity When you search for Diablo on Steam, you see games where helpful comments have compared the game to the Diablo series. Path of Exile Grim Dawn Marvel Heroes 2016 Torchlight Titan Quest Wait wait, Marvel Heroes 2016? I'm aware of all of the others, but when did Marvel make an ARPG? I gave it a quick try and it's like an MMO-ARPG (MMO-style cooperative open world events on large maps and ARPG-style combat), but they have like 100 classes (heroes) so there's no way that there's much build diversity, right? Have any of you played this? How does it compare to D3? Am I wasting valuable season playtime trying this thing out?Koviko4 Aug 28
Aug 17 Diablo Go When?McFly26 Aug 17
Aug 15 Your favorite "Diablo clones"? Diablo will always be the first and the last as far as I'm concerned, but in the years after Diablo 2 was released, several Diablo clones were released on both PC and consoles and helped tide me over until the release of Diablo 3, and here are a few of my favorites: 5. Torchlight - 2009 (PC, Mac, Xbox 360) Really good game. Not as much variety in the locales as I would have liked, and the total lack of multiplayer was hard to swallow. But the pet system was amazing and the music superb. 4. Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes - 2003 (Xbox) I hated it at first. No online multiplayer, and I felt that the ancestral weapon being OP endgame was counterintuitive for a loot hunting game. But really, Heroes was more hack & slash than a true loot fest. It had elements of loot hunting, but was more in the spirit of Gauntlet than Diablo. I still included it on this list because it is crazy fun to play with 3 other players (local). Most people never got to experience that. 3. Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - 2007 (PC) Just absolutely amazing build diversity. Although I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer model or the Grecian setting, the build diversity alone is enough to put it among the best of the Diablo clones, at least in my opinion. This is actually the only game in this list that I still play to this day. 2. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 - 2003 (Playstation 2, Xbox) Wow. As much as I loved the first game, this surpased it in every way but story (which doesn't matter at all to me). The gem system was amazing. I spent countless hours tinkering around and combining gems to turn out new equipment. The necromancer was amazing and I had a roommate at the time that played with me every step of the way. Swapping out and comparing equipment and working together - it may have been the best fun I've ever had with a Diablo clone, even if it did end all too soon. 1. Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest - 2004 (Playstation 2) Favorite Diablo clone of all time. I must have beaten this game 50 times, imported my Wizard (Kimbol) to Return to Arms and beat it 50 more. I played this game to death, and the Snowblind engine was perfected in this game. The water effects in particular were breathtaking. Innoruuk was an amazing villain, and at one point actually pulled out a poor lad's soul and, him still screaming (as a soul), shot it with a bow into Oblivion! This game literally had everything (including online multiplayer!), and even though I was not and have never been a fan of EQ, this game will always hold a special place in my heart. I wonder how many of you have played these games, in particularly D&D Heroes, BGDA2, and Champions of Norrath? Does anyone have any games that they would like to add?Darkul25 Aug 15
Aug 14 Lol people getting scared on the game Lol dude had these kids shook https://youtu.be/nUnglD5-h9AGUWOPP341 Aug 14
Aug 9 PLEASE make Diablo or Warcraft GO! I can't stand the characters in Pokemon Go, please make a Diablo/Warcraft GO so i can start collecting mobs like Murlocs, Quilboars, Kodos, Maggots, Succubus, Yeti, etc... Please, I cant stand Pokemon anymore. Anyone agree we should have an AR game for Blizzard games?Imp9 Aug 9
Aug 9 bug? acient pass bug from seasen 4-6 and now plz iwwana geme lol エイシエント パス にはいると 全然 うごかなくなる ゲームだからできないNiziko0 Aug 9
Aug 5 diablo4 will be so worse than d3 or it'll be a cardgame they have made d3 for like 5-6 years, now d4 is going to be released on newest blizzcon. so they have made d4 in like 2 years top. compare 2years of game development to full 6 years. thus d4 will only have a login screen, and that's it. also only online mode. but maybe it'll be a card game like Magic the Gathering, and such simple card game can be done in just 2 years..Śmierć9 Aug 5
Aug 4 Hey, I loved D2 as well, but... D2 was not a perfect game. It had issues. Many of them. People keep bringing up d2 like it was some kind of magical game that D3 can't hold a torch to. Now, I played Diablo when it came out. That's how old I am. And I remember waiting anxiously for D2's release. And I played the absolutely crap out of it. Hell, I met my first wife on d2 and we had a buncha kids and a pretty awesome life for about 10 years. All because of Diablo 2. So it holds a special place in my heart. But I really don't understand this "you ruined d3, d2 is the better game" mindset that keeps coming up over and over. Just some issues off the top of my head that plagued d2. * Hacks * Duping * Rust storm as a result of the above * Non-permed items due to the above (I traded for a WF once and it disappeared next game, thx blizzard) * Game was unplayable online for months post-release. * Trade swappers and scammers (it did get fixed but you couldn't trade with confidence for a long time until it did). * Gold drop hacks * SOJ drop hacks * Packet sniffer for Gheed (got fixed, but people were God mode for months because of it) * Muling * Item shops * Pay2Win because of the above * Scammers because of the above. Lots of them. * Useless skills * Patch 1.10 to fix the above but just made builds more rigid and non-diverse, as a whole (had to dump points into skills to make them useful). * Magic immune mobs (gg hell sorcs, made worse by 1.10+) * Public item drops * 3rd party pickup hacks because of the above * Tons of useless items, skills, and builds * Items you'll never find (set laquered plate gg) so you HAD to trade for them... and hope they weren't dupes that would disappear next game or you didn't get scammed or otherwise * Hardcore loops to get people killed (Paladin thorns and conversion, gg) * Story-mode only progress... so you had to re-make games or certain acts/quests weren't playable by people who joined. * Town killing in PvP games I'm sure some of these got fixed over the years, but those were issues I dealt with while playing many days ago. Etc. Now, it had some great features as well. * PvP games * Rares that were good (but many were hacks/dupes that somehow got permed) * Trading * Actual item sharing with friends * Game lobbies for goals * 8 player games * Better atmosphere overall Now, I wish D3 had some of these. Giving items to friends would be nice. It's BS I can't give stuff I find to my offline buddies, but they have to be in my games.. which stinks, but.... You have to understand, all of that makes the economy much better as a whole. Otherwise, we'd have item shops up the rear end like D2 still has today. And then the game is Pay2Win. Like d2 unofficially is. All I'm saying is most people suffer from nostalgia blinders. I love d2, and I love d1. And in many ways D1 was superior in its atmosphere to even D2, in my opinion. D2 was a disappointment for me in many ways compared to D1, but it's the evolution of gaming. Just like D3 is a big evolution over d2 in a lot of ways, it sacrifices some of the nostalgia and gritty frontier feelings of D2 (which even suffered quite a bit from D1 if anyone can believe it). D3 is a good game... now. I hated it the first year it was out, and I didn't play it because it was quite honestly... bad... for a good chunk of time. But it's much better now. But like D2 and D1 before it, it isn't perfect, and you can't please everyone. Most of the junk people say D2 did better, it didn't, or it came at a hefty cost. I guess that was my only point. You may now downvote me now :) Have a blessed day all.Reverend23 Aug 4
Aug 1 Diablo 4: New Hope So Jay Wilson has left Blizzard so we don't have to afraid about the future anymore. I left the game cause of his"work"3 years ago cause of my huge disappointment toward the game but i wish he will find his way to Sanctuary in the end! Just let bygones be bygones Jay. Best wishes to you and see u on battlenet! When D3 first sign appeared on the Internet exactly that moment WE the Diablo fans give enormous amount of feedback about the"look"of the game which was more closer to WoW than Diablo. They did not listen to us, ofc after 7 years developing its hard to accept your work means"NOTHING"to ppl and it would be also hard to change the game! Okey i got this but why did they decide to make a different game at the first place? No one knows, even Jay i guess But they made this move and they forced the fans to eat what blizz cooked...fine Diehard Diablo fans(just like me) took this challenge and tried to eat the uneatable. Well in a long term we all see where did this whole thing led us. Okey Blizz managed to sell 30Million copies of Diablo3 but not cause of D3, cause of its ancestors Diablo 1 and 2. These titans helped D3 to become one of the most"succesfull"game in the"selling histroy"! D3 climbed on D1, D2 and Blizzard North back and harvest their glory. If i say succesfull i am talking about the money not about the game itself cause most of us knows its a fail, i really wanna know how many ppl play from that"30Million". About the thread...well As the community warns Blizz for YEARS they did not listen to us and they made their own choices cause Blizz could not accept their failure. At least later with the Titan project they realized its a mistake so they canceled that project and remade as Overwatch instead of Titan. IT was a good and wise move Blizz! So they could do it with Overwatch but they could not with D3.. The game in my opinion is helpless and with RoS Blizz only managed to"keep on surface the game"and nothing else. Just lets take a look around the forums and watch the threads, the internet, the useres rate about the game and so on......it tells everything. D3 is dying for a long time and its not really worth to put our hope within it in the future! Even the D3 lead dev team members left the game. So blizz started to hiring NEW ppl for Diablo... THIS IS WHAT WE WERE WAITING FOR! NEW PEOPLE, NEW CHANCE to make an actually realistic DIABLO game and not a wowDiablo hybrid Tribute game what D3 was. YOU KNOW YOUR HUGE MISTAKES BLIZZ and i know u can learn from them and also YOU have all the knowledge from your past Blizz you have US who are giving the free ideas to make a great game again which makes you rich cause we will buy it if we got what we want!( AT....LAST!) SO what do we want? DIABLO 4 More Realistic and Dark world and game! More recognizable INGAME music SKillTrees PVP PVP PVP More recognizable INGAME music Necromancer and the old chars Demons and not a purple butterfly who killed Cain More recognizable INGAME music Chaotic atmosphere Ghotic armors and weapons and not Anime armors. More recognizable INGAME music At least 8 or 10 ppl in game and not 4! OFFLINE GAME MODE If i miss something pls add with a comment! Ahh and i almost forget... More recognizable INGAME music!!!! Only a few things were"better"in D3 compared to D2 CombatSystem No gold Picking Awesome cinematics And here is the end of the line D3 has too much issues to fix, and also the game engine itself is really old! BTW I made a few video how to make D3 more enjoyable with D2 music and the results are awesome! If u are interested than Stay awhile and listen! ACT 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscxdQan3mU ACT 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CG3VXia8Q4 ACT 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfZifhrU8k If blizz officially add this option it would make the game"slightly"more enjoyable for many ppl. - Regards, A Die Hard Diablo fanSeronax103 Aug 1
Jul 31 The Diablo 2 Vs Diablo 3 Arguments Just my few cents I felt like throwing out. Every day you always have people insulting diablo 3, hating how its different / worse than diablo 2, etc etc. Honestly, diablo 2 has been out a damn long time, if diablo 3 was just an HD D2, people would probably get bored of it pretty quickly, and everyone would bash blizzard complaining about how its not different and unique, and how its just a d2 clone and a clear money grab. Even if diablo 2 was an overall better game, I for one rather have a slightly worse but still fun different game than just a remake of an older one, especially one I've already played for years. Thank you blizzard for making a new game instead of revamping a d2 and can't wait to play RoS :)Kageromero195 Jul 31
Jul 31 If D2 is actually being remaked, how would you like it? So if Diablo II would be remaked or remastered, how would you like the game to look like? And what features would you like to see they add or change? Here are a few things that come into my mind: - new improved interface - better balance to make under-preforming builds and skills more useful - a special inventory which is separated from the ordinary inventory, in which you only can put charms And would you also like to see some, just some things from DIII being implemented in a D2 remake/remaster?clueso17 Jul 31
Jul 30 Diablo 4? i have one request Please create diablo 4 with controller support. i dont care if controllers have a disadvantage, or if the game isnt balance for them. just plz controller support with a navigable UI. thanks.Zeemon6 Jul 30
Jul 30 Nvidia GTX 970 Preliminary Settlement Nvidia agrees to settlement in lawsuit for GTX 970 false advertising (update) Customers to receive $30 payout for each purchase. Cards purchased prior to Aug. 24, 2016 ... http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/28/12315238/nvidia-gtx-970-lawsuit-settlementSilverFox0 Jul 30
Jul 30 Seeing if this graphics card will work good I got a Nvidia Geforce Gtx 760ti will that work great or well with diablo 3 for a graphics card or would i get bad fps while using this graphics card ?Lanui1 Jul 30
Jul 30 FF7 on android/iOS Anyone else playing it?DogBone0 Jul 30
Jul 29 Pokemon go Team mysticLasagna3 Jul 29
Jul 23 Remaster Diablo 2 LoD I would love to see Diablo 2 remastered with up to date graphics. Don't change the gameplay, or any of the game functions. Leave the pentagrams alone, its a game about demons, and murder, it requires it. Leave the story the same. Leave the difficulty the same. Just....remaster it so i have something to do for the next 10 years. Leave it dark and gritty. Leave light radius in the game. Leave the special effects each elemental damage has on an enemy. Don't kill off Deckard Cain. Leave the Horadric Cube. Keep the 8 players per game, so everyone can play with their friends. Keep the One sex per class. Meaning a barbarian can only be a boy, and a Sorceress can only be a girl. Give me my Ethereal Breath of the Dying back and I will be a happy man. Thank you.Paulywally11 Jul 23
Jul 21 I just download Diablo 2 after Diablo 3 I don't play D3 since season 4, but I'm always reading some topics here. After few Topics talking about D2 and D3, I decided one week ago install D2 + expansion and test the game. I played a lot of D1 in PS1, but I just skipped D2 because I was playing other type of games on PC (MMOs), I played something like 1 hour and dropped it. I just wanna say, D2 is an amazing game, even playing after D3 and many year later. 1 - Difficulty: WTH is the Act2 boss, Duriel. I died MANY TIMES until figure out how to kill it (I was playing Amazon > Bow), Baal is fun too. Elites and Champions are strong, hit recovery matters in this game, you need to play very careful. 2 - Loot System: I feel good when I drop any rare item *---*, I miss this so much in D3. If I start a new character will be a new character because of the loot. 3 - Amazing grinding after start the game in the next difficulty. When you start a game in Nightmare you see how strong the monsters are, I can't imagine playing this on hardcore but I'll try for sure. This remember me when I finished the first difficulty of D3 vanilla, then you start again with OP monsters. 4 - I have many choices in this game, sometimes I drop something and I use a Rune/Gem /Jewel in sockets, many good attributes. I can literally add more atk spd, HP, life per hit, mana, damage, def, elemental def, half cold duration, everything matters in the character progression, this is very very cool. Is not like "use a Green gem in the weapon slot to increase 200% of critical damage". 5 - I have not found any OP master item: "Increase you damage in 5000%". 6 - Gold, I can use to hire a follower, buy items, gamble items, potions. And the number of gold is good, is not like 500kkkkk of useless gold. And if you die, bye money. 7 - Follower, this is probably one of big differences. Follower in D3 is dead, because the game evolve into high numbers of damage and HP scale, but the follower need the immortality relic and play as a very weak 'support'. In D2, my Act2 Defender is doing pretty well as my tank friend. I just realize how D3 has so many things from D2 (many monsters, Asheara and Natalya set from NPCs in D2, and more stuff). To be honest, if D2 had more inventory/stash space, 3D graphics (so much better playing in 360º with free movement) and better potion management, would easily be the best ARPG nowadays. I'm pretty sure, that I'll play this game for more 200/300+ hours. How I could skip this game in the past....GrandeM8 Jul 21
Jul 21 Overwatch hero Idea I want to play my Firebird Archon Wizard in Overwatch! :PLloyd7 Jul 21
Jul 19 The Diablo 4 in my heart is like this: The Diablo 4 in my heart is like this: 1, skill system improvement. Integrated Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 advantage. Most of the ability to use energy to cast, a small number of senior skills to retain the cooling time. When you hover over a skill icon, press the keyboard keys will be tied up with skill. When you press this key in the battle, you can use the right mouse button to cast the skill. Advanced skills with cooling time can only be tied to the left side of the box. Allows players to freely use the skills, you can switch to a lot of skills in combat, increase the fun. 2, combat system improvement. A, emphasis on micro operation. Players can avoid monsters by changing the location of the attack. There is a chance to escape from the monster. B, the player must be able to determine the location of the monster and the necessary defense in front of the monster to attack the player, C, to weaken the player and monster mobility, reduce the monster movement speed, reduce the player's mobile skills effect. D, the life of the monster and the player's damage is reduced by a large margin, the players each other between the damage by half, can not touch on the dead. So that players can fight each other, the arena can be achieved. E, combat scenes have levels, players can use the skills at different levels of the shuttle, to avoid the damage of the monster, you can use the high ground of the intersection defense. 3, equipment system improvement. Change the set to become the only player to pursue. The equipment is divided into yellow blue equipment, equipment, unique equipment, green equipment, orange equipment. Blue equipment is very easy to fall, but only two properties, the value of the property is the largest. Yellow equipment has 4 properties, relatively easy to fall. There are 4 unique equipment attributes and a special attribute. Green equipment has 4 properties, together with the increase of properties. Orange equipment is a handicraft, there are additional attributes. There should be a dedicated search for artifacts.qOoOp0 Jul 19
Jul 19 Diablo 1 and Hellfire Windows 8 Anyone know how to get these working on Windows 8. Can run them fine on my Windows 7 PC but my brother can't get it working on his windows 8 laptop. Anyone got it working. I ask you guys because as far as I know it is no longer officially supported by Blizzard since Blizzard North's closure.LordArion30 Jul 19
Jul 18 Diablo 1, and multiplayer So recently I got my friends to download diablo 1, in hopes we could play together because they had never played diablo 1 before. (I basically grew up on it). We tried Hamachi, but while all of us could get into a game, none of us could join each other. I tried searching for ways to get it to work, but everyone says use the Battle.net option when trying to connect. but gives us that cant find server, problem with internet connection. for all 3 of us. Can anyone help us figure this out, or know a way to connect with LAN or whatever. im not a SUPER computer nerd, but you give me some basic instructions and I can get it working. (Obviously traveling to each others houses and plugging in there is out of the question)onedaydude3 Jul 18
Jul 16 D2 HD Remake Mod I just saw this on youtube... make me want to play D2 again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuypk6e5cdM Official link of developer https://youtu.be/v-aLHqSs70ssNAz8 Jul 16
Jul 15 D3 Recount I have stumbled across a 3rd party program named D3 Recount (http://d3rockstars.com/d3recount/) and it simply records your damage and lets you know how much damage you have done since launch and actual eDPS. It also gives you these stats for other members in the party. It does not change or alter any of the game data and sound like a cool program since we lack add-ons like WoW. I just wanted some insight on this so please let me know if it is okay before I use it.Lucian42 Jul 15
Jul 13 Diablo 4 - Expectations Diablo 4 - Expectations Hi guys, I just wanted to share with you what my personal expectations are for Diablo 4, and I hope that you will consider some or hopefully all of them when working on Diablo 4. One of the biggest let-downs I experienced with Diablo 3 is that it was so entirely different from D2 LoD. Now... I don't want Diablo 4 to be a "Diablo 2 HD", but I certainly want Diablo 4 to have an exceptionally strong core-gameplay mechanic. By that I mean that I expect deep and unique character development in the form of customization and specialization of Skills and Abilities. I want to be able to pick a skill or ability of my choice, and be able to make that build very strong and competitive. This is very easily achieved with gear that boosts damage and defenses for any class and any skill. (Diablo 2 had "+1 to all skills" for example and that was awesome as it boosted any skill i chose to use). I personally really want a form of "Skill Trees" back. I want to be able to allocate and specialize in a certain skill of my choice and build around my choice. I do not want an item I find to dictate which skill I must use but rather the other way around! Further, I was and still am very disappointed with the Itemization in Diablo 3. In my opinion, you guys really missed the mark with Itemization in Diablo 3. It is very lackluster and very ability/skill-specific, rather than universal which would promote diversity and player-experimentation with all skills available. Class specific main stat rather than a universal damage booster was also a mistake. Strength should again be used to allow character strength in order to wear certain armor and wield certain weapon types. Dexterity should be used to allow for certain weapons like Bows and crossbows etc. (You get the idea...) So basically when we find items, they should be very rarely class specific, and should thus be wearable by most or all classes. This allows for further Character Builds that are truly unique. I personally liked the itemization model in D2 LOD much better than the one we have in D3. Of course D2 LOD wasn't perfect, but fixing what wasn't perfect is really all we need for D4 to become a true Blockbuster that will also be loved again by the true Diablo Fanbase and not just be judged based on game-sales. Diablo 3 broke sale records because of Diablo 2 LOD, do not ever forget that! Next up is map randomization. It's great that you introduced map randomization through Rifts and Grifts in D3 in order to fix the obvious problem D3 Vanilla had, but I personally don't like them at all, as they are entirely detached from the Diablo world. You could call D3 "Rift" or "Grift" and no one would notice any resemblance to the Diablo franchise. In my opinion, Diablo 3 failed very badly in that regard. In the actual Diablo 3 game. outdoor maps are very static and the entry and exit points of outdoor maps are always in the same place, just like the map boarders were also always the same. It did not matter at all that you randomized "tiles" within the static maps, as it simply was not enough, not even close! Please make maps and dungeons in Diablo 4 much bigger and richer in props, objects and monsters. Then you can always include an actual "path" on those maps that when followed lead to exits. This allows for people to find exits fast but also allows explorers to adventure through big maps loaded with secrets and lore objects. Dungeons were and are still also very boring and repetitive. Dungeons should have way more possible dungeon sections which are randomly assembled. For example the cathedral dungeon looks nice, but the dungeon sections are super repetitive and follow always the same pattern. Also the empty spaces in between the cathedral dungeon paths could have been used for big dungeon rooms filled with tables, torture machines, corpses, and of course monsters etc. I expect Diablo 4 to have a "Back to the Roots" paradigm in character development, map randomization, itemization, hopeless and dark atmosphere, and last but not least, music that is immersive and horrifying based on the area or dungeon a player is in. The music must be giving people shudders when they enter dungeons, make us feel like almost all hope is lost and death awaits us at every corner. The music in Diablo 3 is at times either not present at all or simply too epic, and Diablo 3 is more about horrifying story and hopelessness, rather than epicness of the WOW franchise. Diablo needs dynamic light effects with creepy dark dungeons illuminated by flickering torches on walls and caves and also the player's own torch. The player's torch would be worn on a pole on the players back in the same place as the current Pennants in D3. That would look so awesome in dungeons! Torches could have individual variations and should be an item-drop in game with type of light radius that varies. During walking and fights, that torch fire would move dynamically and release fire sparks during harsh combat. 6-8 Player games. In my opinion, restricting games to 4 players max, has really hurt Diablo 3. I understand that some spells are very excessive, but it would be great to have skill visuals be less intrusive and thus allow more players in games. I personally think that player-to-player trading (item for item only) is a major pillar of the Diablo franchise. I am very glad that the AH got removed in D3, but also removing player-to-player trading was simply too much, you took away a major pillar that makes Diablo so replayable. I understand that you guys are very displeased with third party sites selling items, but gimping everyone out of this trading feature has hurt us players more than it did good in the end. I love to trade items for items in Diablo. This allows for people to farm a certain item such as gems or materials, and trade them for items or other things. I believe its a good thing to let the player base determine themselves how much worth an item has, just like in D2 where the community decided the worth of particular items. Simple player to player trading would not be game destroying as it was with the old AH at all. The AH made it possible to not enter games at all and just flip items without effort. But unrestricted player to player trading is a great option for those that enjoy trading and found everything except that one item they wanted, but is also "enough time and effort consuming" to make people rather play and enjoy the game self found rather than an easy AH and a one second purchase. There could be a Trade Forum on Blizzards site for those that want to trade their found items for other items. Also it should be always Item for item during trading. Gold should not be a valuable object for trade, and instead should only be useful for yourself and your in-game things. PVP is another very important pillar of the Diablo franchise, it also contributes to longevity and replay-ability of Diablo. When the itemization is done right, and players truly can make their own builds strong, then PVP should even be balanced naturally by the players themselves. No need to regulate and balance PVP in a game. Let the players find out what works and what doesn't! I believe in less restrictions being worth more in this case. PVP should also always be entirely voluntary, and it should be impossible to attack a player unless that player agreed to participate in open world PVP. We need a clear and capped difficulty model. Please do not bring anything like Grifts or Rifts into Diablo 4. Instead we want to hack and slash though a randomized and rich Diablo world that feels fresh and yet still very familiar every time we play it. Familiar in the sense that we still feel like we are in the Diablo universe, yet the maps and areas are randomized and encourage exploration. Rifts and Grifts are entirely detached from the Diablo universe in D3, We might as well just have One main town and a Rift/Grift Altar that creates random maps entirely detached from the Diablo universe. This is really bad design! But in the case of D3 it was necessary to bring replay-ability. Make replay-ability (through map randomization) the MAIN aspect of the Diablo 4 world and lore. Then there is no need for Rifts and Grifts which have nothing to do with Diablo. Leveling 1-99 was a much better model than having everyone level to 70 in 4 hours at which point it is capped. This is a relic from WOW and has really no place in a game like Diablo. I personally don't like a level model that dictates and expects everyone to become the same level. It's in my opinion much better to have a 1-99 (or 1-200 or whatever) model and let people who reached around 65% of the max level to simply conquer the game in the final difficulty. But at the same time, allow good and dedicated players to push beyond that through time investment and effort and reward them with very powerful characters that allow them to show off to those that are casuals. The players with 80%+ will then carry the lower level players and that will make them feel powerful. At the same time it acts like another carrot on a stick for the lower level players as they now want to achieve this level of power as well. Now, I understand that not everyone enjoys those things, but they should at least be optional to those that do enjoy them. Further, some people come from games and other franchises and they prefer those paradigms to be implemented in Diablo 3 and future Diablo games, but I really hope that Blizzard learned out of its mistakes and tries to return to its roots with Diablo in the future. Please make Diablo 4 an ARPG Hack and Slash like we know and love it. Thank you.TOPCommander42 Jul 13
Jul 12 Diablo 4 Possibly in Development - Ideas Here As you may know, there is much speculation about the possibility of Diablo 4 being developed. Blizzard is currently hiring for a new Diablo related project. You would probably expect that to be a Diablo 3 expansion, however due to the nature of the job listings it seems like Diablo 4 would be slightly more likely.That does not mean that we can't get both, of course. http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/1/12083496/unannounced-diablo-4-blizzard-hiring-new-game-director My wish for Diablo 4 is to have trading back in the game. However, due to RMT issues, scams, etc, it seems unlikely we will get it. But I think I found a way trading could be back in the game and wouldn't hurt anyone.The idea is that every item has a set gold value based on the quality of the rolls and the rarity of the item. You can trade items to other players but the total value must match. So if I were to trade you my Skull Grasp ring, valued at 300,000 gold, and you traded me a Stone of Jordan, valued at 340,000 gold, I would need to pay the difference of 40,000 gold. If you have any ideas or wishes for Diablo 4, please post them here and we can all discuss it.Silentstar0 Jul 12
Jul 12 RoS -> Digital Deluxe upgrade path? So I've been playing D3:RoS for almost a year. I bought it online here. Want to get the 3 extra character slots that ultimate has. Can I just upgrade for $20 somehow, or do I need to buy the whole $40 version all over again?ShamWow0 Jul 12
Jul 12 When is Diablo 4 coming out? Any rough guesses? I want Diablo4 nowEPIC39 Jul 12