Games & Technology

Feb 8, 2013 Path of exile? What do you guys think? Well now that path of exile is in open beta what do you guys think? Diablo 3 has some competition now in the action RPG besides torchlight 2. I'm personally looking forward to path of exile because it looks like its trying out some new things and I LOVE the talent tree. when I saw that and some gameplay footage, I was sold. I may come back to diablo 3 one day but... I just can't really tolerate it anymore.Havocx32942 Feb 8, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 Need help regarding live streaming please! First off, let me link this so that you can get an idea of my situation: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810092485 I'm a severely disabled veteran who wants to start streaming so that I can help raise money for my favorite charity (100% of proceeds will go to them) I have a hard time following tutorials and what not due to being heavily medicated and would ask that someone please help me set up a live stream from start to finish. I could compensate you in some manor within the game if it's necessary. I hope someone can find it in their heart to help. Thank you, Daniel MeyerDanielMeyer1 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 diablo 2 low fps? i havnt played d2 in like 8 months right. well now i got a new beast gaming pc so im used to playing stuff at 60+fps. when i installed diablo 2 it really feels like its running at 10 fps and i think it might have to do with it not understanding my video card right or something i dont know? anyone else have this problem because ive played like 2000+ hours into diablo 2 and im almost sure it doesnt feel like this. ill post a video later tonight if anyone caresKevin3 Feb 7, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Why D3 Players dont' have to fear PoE http://beta.xfire.com/games/d3 as you can see the PoE open beta didn't do anything at all to the d3 activity. since there are more poeple playing PoE my guess is most PoE-Player quit d3 long ago and didn't look back like every old diablo1/diablo2 player i know. the d3 player base buttomed out. left are casuals and people making money by selling items to casuals.Quen27 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 New games aimed at dumb and dumber ? Why does it feels new games tend to have less complexity than their predecessor ? D3 is an example that's basically in front of our nose, but it's not the only one. Look at X-Com:Enemy Unknown and compared the targeting system to the old X-Com. Or, even look at Skyrim, Skyrim is a great game but compared the spell system and alchemy to Oblivion, and you will find it far more simple. So why you guys think the reason ? 1. Simple non complex game are more enjoyable for most people 2. Most humans are getting dumber and dumber every generations 3. Too many Games Director come from Technical side, so that they implemented KISS principle on the game design. 4. It's easier to find mods that make game more complex than make it simpler.Squeal14 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 WTF???? so i was just playing last night and then went to login today, but it seems w/e they did made my graphics card =poop. So im wondering if they plan to do ne thing about that ne info would be great tyGothicGir1 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 Wow talk about disappointment! (Starcraft 2) This post is about the mothership. . . You can't post in the SC 2 forum unless you buy SC 2 even if your battle.net account has D3 and WoW. That is ridiculous so I will haft to just make a post here, I have overlooked SC 2 for a long time and I randomly watch this video last night, it is a video of the original Protoss mothership and it is ****ing sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH9gG0NQBo I go to bed after watching it thinking about how much I cannot wait to buy SC 2 today. I get on the offical site to read about all the units in the game and find that the mothership has been completey changed. So I research only to find that they nerf SC 2 just like they do with WoW because it is a competitive game (not that I did not know this already). I was not looking at SC 2 to play that competitively more then just have fun. So I did & continue to do research to find out if in Time Warp, Planet Cracker and Blackhole is completey out of the game including the SC 2 Map Editor. I can not come up with any answers, if you can play a unbalanced SC 2 game even against the CPU on higher difficulties for me that would be worth a purchase. My thing is, if they did what they did with the mothership, the game has been out for awhile who knows how many other things they have nerfed & taken out of the game entirely. That video alone has probably sold thousands of copies, it's like I did not know a RTS could be ****ed with as much as a mmo, serously.SaibotMK0 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 6, 2013 TESO the end of Blizzard? 1st off I'd like to state that this is NOT a troll or fanboy thread... Just posting what I feel and predict will happen. Yes I have always loved Blizzard games since the 1st warcraft was released in the 90's and even more warcraft 2 so I am a big fan of Blizzard games but the way Diablo 3 was released and handled really gave me 2nd thoughts on Blizzard titled games. I played Vanilla WoW and sold my account just before the 1st xpack was released... And a smart move it was... Banked $800us for a single Orc Hunter with full t2 and endquest bow on a pvp realm. If Blizzard made one realm a vanilla only, I know for sure that it would fill up very quickly and honestly that's something I would pay monthly for. Now this post isn't about WoW, it's more about Diablo 3... A lot of people were really disappointed with the way it was released and even the conditions the game still is in. A lot of people quit long ago and will never come back, many have even canceled their WoW subscriptions because of the let down Diablo 3 ended up being. I honestly stuck around, I liked it, not sure why, but it was a good time burner for me I guess. And yes when 1.0.7 comes out I will be back online finishing my paragon leveling then probably log out again until something happens and the game is fixed if that even happens.. Onto the title, Yes PoE and TL2 came around and guess what, both of those have their strength and weaknesses just like D3 dose BUT soon enough The Elder Scrolls Online will be released(Dated to be released this year) and the Blizzard franchise is going to be in some serious trouble. I don't think Bethesda has yet to release a over hyped game that turned out horrible at release. Feel free to add your concerns and thoughts on this.Labathor9 Feb 6, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Terra Online Goes Free To Play Just saying, something to play while waiting for 1.0.7 to come out. Check it out! http://tera.enmasse.com/download ____________________________________________________________________ JaceAltair EU Server http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JaceAltair-2678/ A Unique Build for DH 500-600K Crits with EA! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7384088513 DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1JaceAltair0 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming 9.17.2013 http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.htmlAmakusaShino0 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 D3 vs. PoE I've been playing PoE lately, and it is pretty much the D2 expansion I've been waiting for, not to mention its completely free to play. That being said, D3 is not a bad game. It is a very fast paced, kill-frenzy game with beautiful fight mechanics. It just depends on the person. It's kinda like Call of Duty vs Battlefield. Call of Duty is a faster pace shoot em up, while battlefield requires more thought and decision making. If you are looking for an excellent ARPG reminiscent of D2, go with PoE. If you are looking for a fast-pace grind game, go with D3Slayer59 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Dragon Nest - anyone tried this? The say that this game has one of the best PVP mmorpg can offer. Their PVP requires more skill than gear. Any thoughts on this?kidkram5 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 Cube world Looks pretty sweet. Still in development, game name will change but creator hasn't announced what the name will be. Hats off to indie developers out there. Can't believe this is being made by just one person. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyP9kc7OCYSheldor0 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 You don't know bad until you played POEElohim39 Feb 5, 2013
Feb 4, 2013 Marvel Heroes Preview (made by d2 creator) Still in beta but here it is for those of you who might be interested. https://marvelheroes.com/videos/marvel-heroes-gameplay-walkthrough-raftHandsomeNerd6 Feb 4, 2013
Feb 4, 2013 Is Torchlight II any good and worth playing? Any help would be appreciated.ChipStaque47 Feb 4, 2013
Feb 4, 2013 why can sc2 accounts post here but d3 accounts cant post on the sc2 forum? can you change that blizzard pleaseKevin3 Feb 4, 2013
Feb 4, 2013 GPG's Wildman So, you may have heard of this, Gas Powered Games is working on a new action-RPG type of game, mixed with MOBA and RTS elements. They also have a very amazing set of tools (Project Mercury) meant for mapping and modding, which will be released with the game, and will be used for future GPG games, RTS included. Suffice to say this set of modding and mapping tools is amazing and on-par with StarCraft II's. (Watch the 8 development videos to be amazed) The project still needs funds and it has almost 2 weeks left for funding to reach the 1.1 mil $ goal on kickstarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg/postsAlex062 Feb 4, 2013
Feb 3, 2013 Thoughts on this setup No its not just for D3 PoE DOTA 2 and so forth. We just built this pc because our older pc started to die.. EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB x2 Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel Core i7-3770K 3.9GHz TurboSorsha6 Feb 3, 2013
Feb 3, 2013 A question about WoW subs and vanilla WoW box Sorry to ask this here but I don't currently have a sub to WoW so I can't ask on their forums, I figure somebody here will know. I found a store in my area that is basically dumping all their old vanilla WoW boxes for $5 each. The box says it comes with 30 days time. My question is, if you use the code in there, but already have an account, is it a way to get 30 days added to your account for $5 instead of $15 or does that only work with a new account? Wouldn't be a bad deal to play WoW again for only $5, at least it would give me something to do for a month, but I have no idea if I can re-activate my account using the code from an old vanilla box.Kain3 Feb 3, 2013
Feb 2, 2013 An awesome gaming moment I was playing PoE earlier tonight and I had an awesome moment that I thought I would share. If you have no interest in the game and think I'm just here to bug you then feel free to skip right past this post. I had built myself a fire slinging battlemage character and immolating everything in my path. I melted down monsters with fireballs in the shape of a flaming dragon that exploded on contact and decimated anything in range. I also had a flaming shield that exploded after taking a certain amount of hits, annihilating anything standing in my immediate area. I was feeling pretty good about this character and his power, and jumped into pvp in order to test him out against some real opponents. My first opponent was another templar, exactly the same class as me. As we began the match, the templar approached me and beat on my shield for a moment until he prompty exploded into thin air. I laughed. He was a little more wary the second time around, and tried to cast some skills from range. However, the skills he were using were completely different. Same class, different possibilities, different strengths, different weaknesses and different tactics. As i pondered, one of my dragon fireballs caught him square in the face and ended his life. I remember a witch who summoned forth an army of zombies and skeletons, outnumbering me greatly. I laughed off the spectacle and cast a totem, which sent forth multiple shockwaves, shattering the bones and pulverising the flesh of the witch's creations. She ran from the fire that then rained forth from my mage. And so it went, player after player falling to the onslaught of my flame. I got ready to take down another, laughing at the thought of another player running in circles away from me or killing themself by attacking my shield. I had grown too cocky, and was swiftly shot down by a large marauder who teleported past my fire and crushed me with the might of many stunning blows after surviving the mighty impact of my shield. Swiftly, which was surprising, as most marauders tend to be slow, lumbering brutes, of which many had already fallen victim to the fire. The defeat humbled me, and I inquired about the impressive build that this other player had created. After so many easy victories, this person's creative thinking and unique build had inspired me to explore the impressive skill tree to figure out how I could better my character, or find a new build that will be even stronger. It was a great, immersive moment, one that I've unfortunately never experienced playing D3. I'm not here to bash, and I hope that D3 can one day provide that same experience, maybe it already has for some of you and for that's great, maybe for some of you the introduction of duels will bring the same excitement and competitive spirit. Maybe some of you will never enjoy that experience and maybe it's time to look elsewhere? (Also I was really stoned when I had that experience and that could totally be it, I'm also pretty stoned writing this now).NecroFeelYa50 Feb 2, 2013
Feb 2, 2013 Path of Exile CLEARLY darker than Diablo3 . there made it. http://i.imgur.com/t74NiQH.jpg whoever said PoE was all grey tone or just browns and grays and dark colors should get their eyes checked. I'm genuinely concerned.KradisZ12 Feb 2, 2013
Feb 2, 2013 What fps can I expect to get with this setup? Low settings, no anti-aliasing or anything like that. Thanks guys! Gateway FX530QS 2.4 Ghz quad core, Windows Vista 32 Bit, 4 GB Ram DDR2, 500 GB hard-drive, 700 watt power supply, Radeon HD 7770 video card 2 GB video RAM.D3cycle0 Feb 2, 2013
Feb 2, 2013 Project Titan Speculations If you already don't know, Project Titan is the codename for Blizzard's unreleased MMO that is in development. It's been in development close to 7 years and people are speculating that they will announce it in Blizzcon this year. What do you think the genre will be and will you get it if it were that genre?Anj11 Feb 2, 2013
Feb 2, 2013 Wildman: An "Evolutionary" Action RPG Hey - Just found this new RPG from Chris Taylor - maker of the original Dungeon Seige Check it Out There is a great video on this page that shows what it is all about. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg ...Amenton1 Feb 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 Do you guys advise me to buy Starcraft 2 ? well I used to be a starcraft player a long time ago and I played for quite a while ,, what do u guys about SC2 and is it really worth buying ?MaGNuM7 Feb 1, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 RMAH on PoE Where's the RMAH on Path of Exile? I can't seem to find it.Mittons5 Feb 1, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 Heroes of Newerth 3.0 is almost here! http://heroesofnewerth.com/hon3/ZeroCool224 Feb 1, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 PoE, "fix posts" on Diablo Forum Lately, I have read a lot of hate and fixing post about diablo. Often that kind of posts turn into battleground (d3 haters vs d3 fanboys). So I decided to create this post. I hope you guys will suggest your ideas about what game needs to implements and ,as we all want blizz to turn diablo 3 to better game, there will only healthy criticism (not hate). First of all, I would like to say that after several post about PoE i got intrigued and played the game for some time... To be honest, It has some quite innovative ideas, but it seems to be intentionally and artificially twisted, and mechanics (that is quite hard to be changed) lack action and have a lot of flaws. To my mind, overall, diablo 3 has a lot greater perspective of turning into a legendary game. Now let's move to my suggestions what the game needs to implement or import from other games. 1. I think to make our lives easier and for more information about spells, Blizzard could also introduce the dps bar on each spell, which will allow us to see how much damage we can pull from this or that spell (by far, this is only thing that could be imported from PoE) 2. I am positive about adding new crafting items and introducing new materials. However, i think, Blizzard could add crafting ability, that will let us put socket on certain weapons (of course, not manticore or other items that already proced socket etc). This will normalize the weapon prices and economy of the market. As you know now there are no mediocre weapons, there are trash and uber expensive weapons. This ability will give value to trash items which rolled almost everything but socket and decrease price of items which proced everything. ( I think special situations in this case will also effect windforce, as many ppl think that socket + CD on it is OP, but this ability could decrease or even REMOVE passive from the weapon) 3. Endless Dungeon can be introduced. I think, it should be survival type and there must be a daily quest to complete to enter this dungeon. However, as you die you cannot go back in for another day. ( or they could simply remaster pony lvl and put 24 h cd on staff of herding) 4. To me , Blizz is the best pvp maker in the world and i think they will balance pvp in d3 as well. although, I would like to share my opinion and supposedly only way to balance it, will be to introduce a pvp dmg debuff or health multiplier buff. Please share your opinions about my suggestions and make yours, if you have them. P.S. I would like also to know what community thinks about talent systems. I think they are remnants of past and it may seems diverse at the begining but in the end game it gets filtered to 1-2 build per classSantaFClause6 Feb 1, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 Truth Poe "everything you need to know" Make it short simple for everyone to understand Poe: - Final Fantasy 7 materia and final fantasy 10 sphere grid system -19 developers and growing very small business -developers hang-out and talk with there community like normal people -graphics and gameplay is amazing (only issue i have is my character runs funny) -Pvp brutal fun 1v1 and 3v3 very fun replay-able matches -support gems creating your own spells amazing feature -loot and boss runs are amazing -no gold brutal and awesome ------------------------------------------------- Important fact about skill gems more you progress in higher levels of the game the gems become higher value for example "act 1-lesser gem act 2-normal gem act 3-greater gems lvl 28 shadow pvping like a bossSolbadguy18 Feb 1, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 Perfect ARPG You know what I want? Torchlight 2's gear system. PoE's skill system. Diablo 3's combat system. = Perfect ARPGBanyan5 Feb 1, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Be a "Not-A-Cockroach" and try PoE Lady Dialla is by far one of the coolest characters I have seen in any game in a long time. I would marry her if I was Not-A-Cockroach.Dirtpoor2 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Hardware to run D3/POE at full resolution Hey guys, I've got a question for those who know more about pc hardware for gaming than I do. I'm not into any games that require amazing hardware/video cards to run, but I do like to play both D3 and POE(weird I know). I can play both these games but I've got to lower the resolution and do things like remove shadows etc to make it run smoothly. I'll list the hardware I've got that I think contributes to the graphics and would love to hear if there's a certain piece that is my weak spot and would make a big difference to upgrade. This is a dell desktop that I got 2 years ago and wasn't purchased with much gaming in mind. If there's other info you need please ask. Thanks ahead of time! OS Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601) Processor 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i5 760 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache 8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache 64-bit ready Multi-core (4 total) Not hyper-threaded Main Circuit Board Board: Dell Inc. 0C2KJT A00 Bus Clock: 133 megahertz BIOS: Dell Inc. A07 11/13/2010 RAM 8152 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB Slot 'DIMM2' has 2048 MB Slot 'DIMM3' has 2048 MB Slot 'DIMM4' has 2048 MB Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5450 [Display adapter] Hard Drive ST31000528AS [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 9VPB51KJ, rev CC46, SMART Status: HealthyBonefish7 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Salvaging Games – D3, POE, TL & Other Buddies I saw a thread today (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7789208894) that gave me some brainstorm reactions, now i`m writing ideas down. I´m not trying to fix or change any actual games` mechanics, this is not a QQ or flaming thread. The intention here is to look deeply into some game`s cores, find it`s materials and mix them in a attempt to understand what could make an ARPG be the ultimate one among all the others! These are my first thoughs, and I hope you can share / flame / troll / argue / congrat about the topic! Graphics & Ambience: Immersion heavyly relies on visuals to work well, and every game has it`s main porpouse. Graphics also relies on personal preferences, and designer`s artistic interpretation, so every game has It`s charm! - D3: Smooth movement, colorfull effects, lots of particles and very detailed models; - POE: Old-school style remade with modern engine, brings back good memories for older players and offers a great approach to the classic titles, like D1 and D2; - Akaneiro / Borderlands: One cool modern approach to graphics is an technique called Cel-Shading, that can also be seen in the most recent Street Fighter game. At first glace, it may seem as another cartoony visual, but after giving it a real look, you start to feel something different. It brings some twisting to game`s mood; Torchlight 1 & 2 / Bastion: Cartoony / hand-draw graphics are great to make the game feel casual, even if it may not so easy to beat. This can be used to bring some audience that, otherwise, would not feel attracted to the game; (One of the most debated topics on D3 is how it`s "cartoony" (but yet modern) graphics feels wrong into the game`s context, making them comparing it to others titles, like D2 and POE. However, this same "cartoony" visuals does not seem to upset Torchlight or Bastion players.) Music: Another important thing to define general mood in a game and bring immersion. D2, Warcraft 3, unreal Tournament and Bastion, are my favorites in terms of music, theses titles did make tunes that really catch, you could even play them to a non-gamer and it would say "woah, what band / compositor is this?" Game Mechanics: Now, to business! RPGs/ARPGs nowadays, as in any other genre, has it`s own model and there are lots of games out there built on these principles. Let`s say the basics: leveling, stats, gear, character progression, skills, warrior-mage-archer roles, etc. Also, RPGs aim to give feeling of progression and power, and the player must always continue to play in order to achieve the next level or upgrade available. There are lots of systems out there, some of them tries to innovate these old features, some of them implements the same old style, but in a well presented way, that it even feels fresh and new. - Crafting: very common concept, it`s basically a system that focuses on upgrading and customizing character`s gear. D3 implements a salvaging concept, where the player can break itens down into it`s core materials, in order to craft new ones. Also, POE uses a similar though, because gear is traded by small components that can be used to improve other itens. I would like to see a mix of these two systems, where gold is removed and changed by Material Currency. There would be a blacksmith to either upgrade or improve gear, based on these materials found. - Skills: D3 on development stages and POE (and now, TL2 but not as much), both bring some interesting concept: Skills that are used to fight and skills that actually change other skills or game`s mechanics. That´s a good way to make a character feel unique, and adapt to different situations. I would like to see POE`s passive tree, with even more rule-breaking skills, that can drastically change experience. Also, the unique design for each active skill variation on D3 makes it stand out of the obvious design tricks, such as change effect colors. - Leveling: Experience Points System is an iconic RPG feature, it`s common to hear someone saying "this game also have some RPG elements, such as level and exeperience points". But pure linear level progression can result in boring gameplay after too much time. Feeling stuck ate some point can be a reason to a player drop a game and never come back. Torchlight`Fame is a parelell leveling system, in which a skill point is granted after each Fame Level. Skill leveling in POE and lots of other games is another way of paralell leveling. Torchlight 2 does the same, but instead of skills, it allows to level some itens. Paragon Levels intention is great, to gradually change grom farming gear to power gear. One thing, this could be set aside normal leveling, instead of sequentially progressing through both systems. I would like to see a mix of all these systems. Even if the players are stuck for 12 hours at the same level, they will always have something to expect, constant upgrade, but from different sides. Story Telling: At old-school style RPGs, you just talk to NPCs, wait them to finish their story, get the quest, then go out to acomplish game goals. Two games makes a different approach in this matter: history is told while in middle of the action. D3 actually mixes the old style - stand in front of NPCs, "stay a while and listen" - with a more dynamic one - you can hear pleople talking when the character gets closer. Also some lore is explained in jornals found through the game. It`s audio-recorded, so there is no need to stop fighting and looting in order to learn more about backgound history. Bastion also gives it`s contribution to dynamic story-telling, the game has a narrator, and main character`s feelings and thoughts are told by this narrator. Freedom: Some games give the player all freedom possible (e.g: GTA). Some other games have a strict linear world, everything happens inside the script. However, freedom, choices, open-world, nowadays these are almost obligatory features in a game and always presented as a differential. Some are illusory, some are real, and depends of the game`s proposal. Will it be a story or a simulator? I find the old Fallout 2 to be a good example of open-world / choice freedom /alternative ending and still have a decent storyline sequence. Well, for now, this is a start, covering just some basic subjects from many in game development. I hope you help to increase this list so we can discuss even more detailed matters! o/ManiacFenrir0 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Recommendations for Laptop cooler I am thinking of buying a good laptop cooler for my Asus n55s Was hoping if someone could recommend me a good cooler. thkz in advance.xmsyticx0 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Proof that POE is for hipsters https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/295610485775159296 "The realm crashed as we hit a new record of 69850 players online. We're working on fixing the problem!" if thats the games record then thats small talk compared to diablo 3 launch numbers and record breaking selling gamenicobella21 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Poe is weird Diablo III™ HOME GAME GUIDE COMMUNITY MEDIA FORUMS BUY NOW Robert CentaurusXVI View profile REQUEST STICKY TOPIC POE IS VERY WEIRD 1 2 3 4 Next ADD A REPLY RaDMaN View profile PoE is very weird. Elemental damage on weapon does elemental damage, example cold freezes, lightning shocks. I find this extremely weird it needs to just be flat damage increase instead of extra affects. Also in caves their is no light, its so dark and vision is limited its very weird. The abilities you obtain can level up as you kill monsters in order to make it stronger. I prefer to just level and pick new runes. The passive talent web is to big it needs to be dumb down and linear. Also you can see flesh and blood on zombies this is too violent graphics. #1 10 hours ago ZerFunk View profile 0/10, dont ever post again please. #2 9 hours ago BiddySquay View profile 0/10 Enough with these threads #3 9 hours ago LSU View profile PoE is very weird. Elemental damage on weapon does elemental damage, example cold freezes, lightning shocks. I find this extremely weird it needs to just be flat damage increase instead of extra affects. Also in caves their is no light, its so dark and vision is limited its very weird. The abilities you obtain can level up as you kill monsters in order to make it stronger. I prefer to just level and pick new runes. The passive talent web is to big it needs to be dumb down and linear. Also you can see flesh and blood on zombies this is too violent graphics. Sounds like PoE isnt for you. Good thing you dont have to play it. #4 9 hours ago TheFunGun21 View profile 01/28/2013 09:45 AMPosted by RaDMaN Also you can see flesh and blood on zombies this is too violent graphics. I thought it was ketchup #5 9 hours ago Zalm View profile I also dont like how the community is supportive and helpful, without anyone bashing each other. It doesnt feel right. I'm also kinda weirded out by their choice of builds. Theres too many, and I need 1-2 per class. Its just easier. And whats up with all the non DPS builds? Why isnt everyone going for the highest amount of dmg possible, without questioning anything else? Items are too balanced, and they have too many good affix rolls on their legendaries. I want most legendaries that end up like crap so I know when I get a good one, I ACTUALLY got a good one. No AH? Thats stupid? How am I supposed to buy the best gear in the game with my moms credit card? #6 9 hours ago TheFunGun21 View profile 01/28/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Zalm How am I supposed to buy the best gear in the game with my moms credit card? Use cash and buy a pre-paid card at walmart #7 9 hours ago Zalm View profile 01/28/2013 09:53 AMPosted by TheFunGun21 How am I supposed to buy the best gear in the game with my moms credit card? Use cash and buy a pre-paid card at walmart I'll have to hit up dad, tell him I'm taking a girl out on a date. #8 9 hours ago LowBudget780 View profile Edited by LowBudget780#1245 on 1/28/13 9:56 AM (PST) I also dont like how the community is supportive and helpful, without anyone bashing each other. It doesnt feel right. I'm also kinda weirded out by their choice of builds. Theres too many, and I need 1-2 per class. Its just easier. And whats up with all the non DPS builds? Why isnt everyone going for the highest amount of dmg possible, without questioning anything else? Items are too balanced, and they have too many good affix rolls on their legendaries. I want most legendaries that end up like crap so I know when I get a good one, I ACTUALLY got a good one. No AH? Thats stupid? How am I supposed to buy the best gear in the game with my moms credit card? I hate how when I find a piece of gear in PoE, I have to level up my character accordingly to equip it. It's so scary having choices, I wish I could just hop on the AH and equip my toon for like 100 bucks and call it a night. #9 9 hours ago Zalm View profile I also dont like how the community is supportive and helpful, without anyone bashing each other. It doesnt feel right. I'm also kinda weirded out by their choice of builds. Theres too many, and I need 1-2 per class. Its just easier. And whats up with all the non DPS builds? Why isnt everyone going for the highest amount of dmg possible, without questioning anything else? Items are too balanced, and they have too many good affix rolls on their legendaries. I want most legendaries that end up like crap so I know when I get a good one, I ACTUALLY got a good one. No AH? Thats stupid? How am I supposed to buy the best gear in the game with my moms credit card? I hate how when I find a piece of gear in PoE, I have to level up my character accordingly to equip it. It's so scary having choices, I wish I could just hop on the AH and equip my toon for like 100 bucks and call it a night. EXACTLY! There is too much depth in that game. I like my ponds being more like a puddle, so it doesnt seem so damn scary and I feel safe walking through it. Swamps are scary...you ever seen swamp people. Yeah, scary. #10 9 hours ago Professional View profile The worst about PoE is that you have to actually look at your items, rather than typing in the generic set piece and sorting by highest main stat. #11 9 hours ago vexorian View profile Already bored of PoE are we? So, what's the next bandwagon you are gonna take? DragonAge 3? #12 9 hours ago TheFunGun21 View profile 01/28/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Zalm I'll have to hit up dad, tell him I'm taking a girl out on a date. Works every time #13 9 hours ago padako View profile 01/28/2013 09:56 AMPosted by LowBudget780 I hate how when I find a piece of gear in PoE, I have to level up my character accordingly to equip it. if you're finding good items before crafting them then you are not ready for PoE noob. go back to D3 and farm act 3 until a beam of light appears. #14 9 hours ago Adi View profile don't be cruel, its not nice to kick a man when he's down. #15 9 hours ago LowBudget780 View profile 01/28/2013 10:01 AMPosted by padako I hate how when I find a piece of gear in PoE, I have to level up my character accordingly to equip it. if you're finding good items before crafting them then you are not ready for PoE noob. go back to D3 and farm act 3 until a beam of light appears. I was being sarcastic bud. #16 9 hours ago pixelrage View profile I found a cool item in PoE, I don't have anywhere to put it... Oh look, I can purchase more storage space with real world money... #17 9 hours ago Zalm View profile 01/28/2013 10:03 AMPosted by LowBudget780 if you're finding good items before crafting them then you are not ready for PoE noob. go back to D3 and farm act 3 until a beam of light appears. I was being sarcastic bud. ZerFunk, BiddySquay, LSU, Vexorian, and Padako dont seem to understand sarcasm...thats fine. I dont understand sarcasm either. Those posters on the PoE forums do it all the time, and it confuses me. #18 9 hours ago vexorian View profile Edited by vexorian#1817 on 1/28/13 10:12 AM (PST) ZerFunk, BiddySquay, LSU, Vexorian, and Padako dont seem to understand sarcasm...thats fine. I dont understand sarcasm either. Those posters on the PoE forums do it all the time, and it confuses me. I understand the stupid attempt at sarcasm. But the PoE trolling threads are certainly on the rise. So I just pointed that out. I guess the trolls are bored of their new game already. Maybe you have spent too much time trying very hard to learn sarcasm and neglected your reading comprehension skills. It happens. But it is never too later to learn. I am sure that if you try VERY hard, you can accomplish it. #19 9 hours ago LowBudget780 View profile 01/28/2013 10:08 AMPosted by pixelrage I found a cool item in PoE, I don't have anywhere to put it... Oh look, I can purchase more storage space with real world money... How much did PoE cost you? #20 9 hours agoCentaurusXVI3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Why the hate of PoE despite forum compliance? So the forum area "Games, Gamin, and Hardware" says: ... So why do topics discussing Path of Exile get deleted so quickly? It's comical to me that a thread promoting D3 gold sales at some sketchy site lasts on average 4-5 hours while PoE threads last on average 2-3 hours [admittedly a loose sampling of data based on about 10 total threads] I haven't even played PoE yet (the 10-15 gaming hours per week I can spend are still on D3 at this point), but I don't get why the mods are so anti-PoE when this very section is dedicated to "non-Blizzard game[s]"Duffman11 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 It's Diablo 3... 15 years ago D3 revitalised this which came out 15 years ago http://youtu.be/Wa-dVIN87qs?t=2m33s check out that wizard using magic missile his attack speed is so fast!KradisZ1 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 POE: THERE IS NO SUCH THINGS AS A FREE LUNCH! I think im gonna get trolled for this by POE lovers/ Diablo fanbase whom are generally resentful with the d3 but i got to say this! POE: WHAT DO U MEAN FREE???? there is NO such thing as a free lunch ppl! if it looks free it only for now.. no one spends all that time developing something with the hopes of only receiving "During closed beta, by January 21, 2013, Path of Exile received US$2.2m in crowd-sourced contributions" AND "Path of Exile is planned to offer only cosmetic changes or vanity items in its item shop. Players will also be able to pay to create private, invite-only leagues, each secluded in its own economy." Trust me there is something fishy here... no one is that kind.. Also honestly if u are so disgusted with D3.. why are u still on this forum trolling etc. Im so sick of nothing but battering and non stop "BOOHOOO OOO JAY RUINED IT FOR ME"! " WHERE IS PVP?" BOOOHOOO! BooHOO The skill system is ruined... BOOHooo.... Hey there are some of us whom like it and for the love of god its just a game! It should not consume ure very existence. Also i honestly thing the dev team has done a reasonably good job giving you guys as what you wanted and commented to their best of their abilities. If you think PoE is a good game ... go ahead play... keep ureself happy.. if u think d3 is a good game..go ahead play... i really wish they stop with this posting abt poe .. ive tried it.. it think its great too.. im splitting my time but again i still smell something up..Vic8 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Elder Scrolls Online Now this game looks great. Head over to the web site and check out the videos. I still enjoy D3 quite a bit, but when this game is released D3 will take the back burner for a while.RossTerra15 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Diablo 3 messenger should be better. I hope that users can group the other users by several group in the messenger . And users can write kind of profile memo about the other users in the messenger. I barely regoznize someone whom I haven't play Diablo 3 with After adding friend in Diablo 3 messenger. I think it's worth it in my point of view.ArchGon0 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Path of Exile Skill tree in Diablo 3 To be honest i cant say something about whats better Diablo or Path of Exile and thats not the piont in the thread but did you´ve seen the awsome skill tree in Path of Exile ? Put this in Diablo or something close and you can try so much different stuff in the game .. Well however what you guys think about a skill tree in Diablo with more variation and mix ? Tell me your opinion .Rhiux77 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Original Diablo on Windows 8 Has anyone gotten this to work? The game actually launches (and doesn't have the color problems that it did on Win7)...but if you exit or alt-tab, you get "Diablo.exe encountered a problem and needs to close" and it dies. The various compatibility modes (WinXP - Win7) do not fix it. The Win98 compatibility mode doesn't work because it can't detect the CD.Saerydoth1 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 POE servers vs D3 servers on release Poe= no problem at all.... D3= had problems for a week...Lolly312 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 PoE fanboys please stop spamming d3 forums I tried PoE while it was still in closed beta a few months back and even wasted the bit of money to keep permanent access throughout the closed beta and have kind of kept up with the changes over time. PoE is nowhere close to being competitive with D3. Problems with PoE include : illusion of stat customization : big stat tree but most stat nodes are irrelevant illusion of skill customization : any class can access any skill because skills are gems you place into gear, and some skills are so OP they are required bad item drops : most items are boring and upgrades are lacking, you can go 10s of player levels without finding an upgrade poor combat engine : hit box is spooty, issues with melee and ranged combat, lacking proper engine to make you feel like you actually hit something Dated graphics : Game looks like it should have came out 10 years ago Weak servers : Disconnects are way too common and force you to replay content ( no checkpoint system like d3 ) Insecure playerbase : Apparently PoE fanboys are so enamored with their game that they have to spam the forums of other games about how good it is. Hey PoE fanboys if it is such a good game why aren't you busy playing it? ** I am not claiming D3 is the greatest game ever, or even the greatest overall game currently, or even the greatest loot-based arpg ever ( that is D2:LOD ). However, D3 is the best modern loot-based arpg available. *** In the past year I have played the following loot-based arpgs : Diablo 2:LOD, Diablo 3, Torchlight I and Torchlight II, Hellgate:London, Path of Exile. - If I had to rate that set of games it would be : 1) Diablo II:LOD, 2) Diablo III, 3) Torchlight I, 4)Path of Exile, 5)Torchlight II, 6)Hellgate:London. **** In addition I have also played [ or at least tried out ] the following loot-oriented MMO's : World of Warcraft ( Mists of Pandaria ), Guild Wars 2, Rift, Aion, Tera, Ultima Online (free servers) However, I am not playing any MMO currently as I think I burnt myself out of the genre - I quit WoW in November when my Annual Pass expired, I got a refund for Guild Wars 2, Rift is the free trial up to level 20? , Tera was a free 10 day trial, Aion is currently f2p [ i had bought and played it for a few months when it launched ], and Ultima Online is something I have played off an on for over a decade on various free servers In fact of all the games I listed above, the only one I even still mess with on a regular basis is Diablo III so that has to count for something.Darmival4 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Kickstarter: Legends Of Dawn 5 days left! Hello everyone I would like to share you with another game I am supporting. This is a OPEN world RPG.. This is not a online game.. So no pay2win or rmah or any of that mess. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/522716131/legends-of-dawn?ref=category http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=669KLySLDr0 Official site. http://www.dreamatrix.net/site/index.php Happy gaming!Necx6 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 I played poe for a bit... I decided to try poe and I'm in the middle of act 2 so far. To say the least it is different from this game but I know I haven't played enough to make a decision about how good I think the game will turn out to be. Despite my own reluctance deciding how to judge poe it is funny to see everyone in global chat talk crap about diablo 3 and act like poe is some sort of amazing game when in reality these people are rocking level 5 toons and haven't really played through the entire game yet. The point I am making here is that I feel diablo 3 is really an amazing game and although I have played it to death and feel bored with it at times I know I got a lot of fun out of it. People are so quick to judge without actually thinking about what is happening (why they are bored or why they are having fun). Poe is new and people will have fun while it is fresh. Diablo 3 was the same way when it was first released. The question is how good will poe be compared to diablo 3 once people have played through its content a thousand times as they have with diablo 3.Malevo500 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 PoE vs. D3: Everything you need to know Just go to their respective forums....thats all you need to know. Take a peak in both and it won't be any more arduous than that. And I'm pretty sure someone will take offense in the mere fact of pointing this out.babyliyi10 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 New Call of Duty DLC trailer http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/25/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-revolution-content-breakdown I'm into it. It's just amazing and fun!Davos0 Jan 28, 2013