Movies, Books, and TV

May 10, 2012 Welcome! Please Read In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to books and comics. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903180496 Further reading - Code of Conduct Posting Guidelines Request Sticky Tips & Information Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules Contact List MVP FAQBashiok0 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums!Bashiok0 May 10, 2012
Jan 10 Lol adult section of backpage close Lolol them guys are madLex0 Jan 10
Dec 5 They made a WoW movie How about Diablo (Edited) I think it would be appealing. I would like to see it off the original lore. I didn't like the World of Warcraft movie. Comments? UnknownUnknown42 Dec 5
Nov 25 WE'RE BACK!! All aboard the hype train Hi all and welcome back to hardcore streaming sensation hugeanthony (that's me!) for the much anticipated return to Diablo III hardcore! You heard it here first people. We will be back to yell at each other, talk banter and generally suck at Diablo! Streaming will commence tomorrow night 8pm ACDT so hold onto your hats and be prepared for some of the old crew to liven up your Friday night! Beers will be flowing, swearing will happen if you're lucky death will be aplenty! As I have significantly better internet the quality of the stream has improved dramatically! It will be streaming at twitch.tv/hugeanthony Some old voices return with Jayson (he dies here https://youtu.be/RWMVJMc1OZU) and Kyle (death found here https://youtu.be/h7XIDatMlOU) with newcomer Wood replacing Alex in our four man team of domination and destruction! Come along and witness the second coming of the angry, Diablo-hating and self-loathing hardcore crew 8pm ACDT HugeanthonyHugeAnthony12 Nov 25
Nov 22 Support me on my new life plz!!! Hey guys please click my link and donate thanks. https://www.gofundme.com/qr-my-transitionAremox0 Nov 22
Nov 21 Why Westworld is the Best RPG ever created For those that unaware of what Westworld is, it is a TV series currently running that is based on the same named movie made back in the 70s. It is loosely a theme park of the "Old West" era of American History, that contains no rides...but an assortment of "human stories" that play out every day by the "hosts" ..and are then interacted with as they see fit by the "guests". It basically follows traditional RPG mechanics ( like MMOs ) before RPGs were even coined as a term. With that said, I'll try and relate to why I consider this an RPG ..and why I consider it better than what actual video games / table tops / etc. present. I won't be naming any characters, plot lines, etc. so spoilers should be less than minor, for those worried about such things. Nor will this be a review or opinion on the TV series itself. This will be lengthy, so for those just wanting to "TLDR" the important part at the end ( as it pertains to Diablo 3 ), just go to the end " ===== " section. -------------- First, there needs to be a distinction made between two groups of RPGs . The first being "traditional" role playing, where you act out a part. This includes games like Dungeons & Dragons, Secret Hitler, Minecraft, and to a lesser degree The Elder Scrolls. These are games that provide you with tools to create stories and interactions, without actually providing them for you. You have to rely on your imagination in order to create something enjoyable, since the base structure of the games are there merely to facilitate those decisions. They are, in essence, Sand Box games. The second group is what I would consider "mainstream" role playing. This covers pretty much the majority of games as a whole. They provide a pre built story, rules for progression, fixed interactions, etc. They're interactive books for all intent and purpose, like "Choose your own adventure"s, or a watching a movie. There's no need on your part to do anything other than progress along a 'chosen for you' destination. Westworld is a traditional RPG, in that even though it leans more towards how The Elder Scrolls provides content for you, it adapts to your own choices much more in line with Dungeons & Dragons. There is no predisposed path for you to follow, no underlying great evil to vanquish, no moral or technical boundaries that prevents you from making choices you would make yourself. You exist in a world that exists whether you interact with it or not, but in which you can make any conceivable decision allowed that you can actually do yourself. Like being Neo in The Matrix, without the super powers. ( lack of super powers applying in this case only for Westworld. D&D, TES, etc. has "super powers". ) What makes it "The Best" in my eyes is in its design and execution. Video games, in particular, even in "Traditional" design, still tend to be governed by ego and arrogance on the part of the developers / owners of the franchise. They have this grand idea of what they want you to experience and how to experience it, but then give you the illusion of self restraint / regulation. This is why a series like The Elder Scrolls makes the list of "Traditional" RPGs ...but only barely. As much freedom as you are given, you are still bound by a plethora of story elements that facilitate any actual "immersion" you will encounter. As fun as it is to just wander around and discover, fighting random bears, dragons, bandits ...they are all pre scripted events with zero flexibility. The quests themselves while often varied, can only be completed in a very binary manner; there is zero option for alternative outcomes unless it is pre built into the encounter. The programmers even included fail states for minor details like a particular npc being killed..which has no bearing on whether you can actually complete your quest or not. Westworld takes a much more off-hands approach to content consumption ( and that has a lot to do with the freedom of television compared to writing computer code, granted. ). A "Story" plays out in Westworld ..but will change based on whether someone interacted with it or not, and how it is interacted with throughout the time period of it ( be that an hour, a day, a week, etc. ) This is as close to "real life" as it gets in that regard. There is no underlying "quest failure" if something goes wrong, other than that particular following sequence of dialogue / etc. won't play out then. The overall story could mutate into a new story, branch off into a different direction of the same story, or merely be consumed as part of a different story. The complexity means that stories / quests themselves are merely cogs of an even bigger story yet revealed. You could also just not ever participate in it, as the goal of being in the "park" is to experience something, not to further the "main plot" along. You could choose any minor or major means of interacting / completing something. There's no reputation bar to fill up, no dialogue wheel to select from, no character traits as prerequisites. It's a simulation of real life, not a dramatization of one. As it pertains to game mechanics, Westworld provides a sandbox that is intrinsically intuitive and supportive. You "don't need a user manual" to figure out what is going on. Any questions you have are intentional, as well as alleviated merely by experiencing the "park" and interacting with the "hosts". There are no rules, no fail states, no arbitrary restrictions based on technical limits. They don't create exhaustive labyrinths for you to get lost in, or an encyclopedia of crafting materials, collectibles, achievements, etc. in order to provide you with "busy work". There's no plot armor to deal with, or power creep / struggle, no gated content, or "newgame+ bonus content". You get, exactly what you see, and what you choose to get out of it. There is no hidden meaning or meta. There is no ego or arrogance that is placed between you, the consumer, and them, the producers. There is simply you ( and others like yourself there ), and your time / choices. It's meant to be a vacation, fun, your story; not a checklist of things to do / requirements. ============================== As this pertains to Diablo 3, and Blizzard's design of their games, it comes down to this: Westworld is better designed than Diablo 3 ( as an rpg ) because it doesn't try to make choices for you. It doesn't herd you into a particular path, or set up checks / balances in how you experience it. It doesn't dictate to you how you can do something, or what the right / wrong answer is. There's no endless grind of treasure, experience, content in order to progress. New story / content is provided for you as a premium ...not a preliminary. The entire goal of the experience in Westworld is to give the "guest" the upmost freedom, enjoyment, and choice; the entire goal of Diablo 3 is to give the "player" the best vision of the game the designers can provide. Westworld is not afraid to not be used, to be broken, compromised, or otherwise ripped apart from its initial "story". The entire "park" is your playground, not your babysitter. Diablo 3 feels like a parental guardian that goes with you on every single date. You can't just "wing it" ..or make particular decisions about how your night goes. It has to be approved ..and often is "suggested" frequently what to do next. You are un-trusted with the task of going on the date; that you make a choice that would be different. That you could possibly have a "wrong" experience, and like it. I lastly present a quote from the show that I thought deeply profound; and entirely relevant to how game design has missed its mark as of late. What is the point of it? Get a couple of cheep thrills. Sudden surprises. But It's not enough. It's not about giving the guests what you think they want. Well that's simple. Titillation, Horror, Elation, They're parlor tricks. The guest don't return for the obvious things we do, the garish things. They come back because of the subtleties, the details. They come back because they discover something they imagined no one had noticed before, something they had fallen in love with. They are not looking for story that tells them who they are; they already know who they are. They're here because they want a glimpse of who they could be. The only thing your story tells me, Mr. ____, is who you are.JoeShmo2 Nov 21
Nov 13 Builds, I told you so years ago! I love to say i told you so, been preaching this one thing since the release of Diablo 3 and by golly I think the player base might be coming around! Here is a link to D2 builds, In bold are the cookie cutter builds able to do end game very competitively. Boss runs, item farming, you name it. http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/spf-mat-pat-guardian-build-compilation-v4.734413/ If you scroll down you can see Amazon has atleast 20 main builds. Not to mention plenty of side builds that actually work end game but are not as competetive, That's just one class. Anyway, I just thought i would come here and revisit this topic now that most of these d3 fanboys actually went and played d2 mindyou it was just a revamp event but still! That was enough to make them understand! All joking aside, this is what this game needs to fix the lack of a human player base and rekindle the Diablo esque feeling in alot of us! Hopefully they read this, hopefully they research the comparison and realize d3's build diversity is a complete joke compared to a game made two decades before it. I mean this is the sequel to Diablo 2 isn't it???CasualRager16 Nov 13
Nov 9 Congratulations to Donald Trump I just want to say congrats that was one hell of a fight you really Trolled my !@# this moringGUWOPP340 Nov 9
Nov 7 Patch Update ? Will there be a patch update on 11/8/2016 I heard on the Blizzcon announcement that they would release one on election day not sure if this is true our not so I figure I would make a post about this question ?SSEN0 Nov 7
Nov 5 Blizzcon Diablo announcement... probably a movie? i know this topic has been chewed on over and over and i think everybody agrees, that due to overhyping themselves they will be dissapointed. But the only things i have read in these topics are: possibility of - - d4 / d3 expansion - D3 mobile game - d2/d1 remake - world of diablo well, i thought about it and here could be a bigger dissapointment: a diablo movie. so instead of anything new to play in the diablo universe i predict that we are getting a movie (after legion it could be plausible). funny thing is that the chance of this happening is probably even higher than anything else in the list above.Cryptic32 Nov 5
Oct 18 Diablo 4 Diablo has 6 letters, there have been 3 diablo games, 6 divided by 3 is 2, there a 2 in 20, this is diablos 20th anniversary, in 2017 it will have been 5 years since diablo 3, 20 divided by 5 is 4. D is also the 4th letter in the alphabet. Diablo 4 confirmed!Orichalcos0 Oct 18
Oct 11 Me & My Fiance are streamin Gonna be doing this hopefully allot more :D https://youtu.be/vKxYPvp2H-wRagDollRat2 Oct 11
Sep 20 Suggest a Book Series I've noticed a lot of people out here love to read different book series. I like books about dungeons and dragons so if anyone could suggest something you feel I should read I'd greatly appreciate it. My two favorite book series are Dragonlance and The Sword of Truth.kaela120 Sep 20
Aug 30 Running out from Whimsydale i create this picture, but my time is out to complete them because i'm a programmer, not a painter. Also i finish my gaming with Diablo III. Thanx for this interest game after 2000+ hours of playing. Please get this small present from me with best regards to Blizzard and to all Americans. It named as "Running out from Whimsydale";) or "The Portrait of Times": http://i.imgur.com/XtHcOGR.jpg This is the natural linen canvas of 1 x 1,5 meters size created with a true repaired EL Greco oil classic painting technique.Layorn0 Aug 30
Jul 15 Suggestions like A Song of Ice and Fire I'm reading the series and I love it (on book 3 right now). I'm planning on finishing it up within a month or two and then I need to start on something else. I was curious if anyone out there could suggest a similar book or series while I wait for book 6. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and valar morghulis!GrizzlyAdams10 Jul 15
Apr 15 Anyone know of some good Military Sci-fi I have been on a kick of reading military sci-fi for the last year or so and I have read a lot of the big series, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good ones to read. Don't be afraid to mention one of the big series as I might have missed it! I have read all of the Bolo series, David Drakes Hammer's Slammers, the Starfire series, Confederation of Valor, Aldenata universe (Posleen war), Stellar Marine series (Heritage, Legacy and Inheritage trilogies), I am currently reading the Tour of the Merrimack series, Dahak series, Empire of Man, Lost Fleet, The Vorkosigan Saga (I'm reading Cryoburn right now), the Old Mans War and a bunch of others that I can't think of right off the top of my head. Any suggestions would be appreciated!Kuurth44 Apr 15
Apr 6 Just finished Kingdom of Shadow... ... and it was beautiful. ;~ That is all.Gerge1 Apr 6
Dec 11, 2015 Free Sci Fi Dystopian Book - No 2 on Amazon I am on this site at least once a day checking for d3 news - I'm lurker much like imgur, reddit, etc. Anyhow, just trying to share the work and give everyone a chance to grab it for free. If any of you are Imgurians you would have seen the FP post on this book and gone to check it out - http://imgur.com/a/cw44k If you love comic book action, superheroes, evil corporations, basically - everything we love about our video gaming stories. This book has it. It’s ranked at the top of the free books right now on Amazon, so grab it before a price tag comes back. Here’s the blurb: A dynamite first book that introduces the world of Eden’s Ore: an energy starved dystopian Earth that discovers a new form of energy. A magical ore that has the power to destroy or transform the world. As the world fights for control of it, an anomaly within the population discover a strange connection to the ore, unlocking supernatural abilities within them. Gabriel Roberts is one of them. A piece of the coveted ore is punched into his chest during a horrific storm that destroys his family’s ranch. Panicked Gabriel unleashes a massive explosion from the ore in his chest, the ore power surging through his body. Unsure of what is happening to himself, Gabriel’s world spins out of control as he discovers a hidden war, raging behind the scenes. As Gabriel learns about the true nature of the ore bonded to his chest, he is forced to choose a side. A decision that will shape the course of humanity. Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Edens-Ore-Secrets-B-V-Bayly-ebook/dp/B0186FCE0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448481852&sr=8-2&keywords=eden%27s+oreArthoriusx1 Dec 11, 2015
Aug 8, 2015 Diablo Pen and Paper RPG I have been looking for official word on this for some time. I have the D2 RPG and while it was overpowered I was able to adapt it for use at the time. Now that I have been playing D3 I have really been wanting to get a d20 version to play. I would even be willing to write it myself, with Blizzard's blessings of course, especially since I would need their assistance in creating some of the tables.SilentStorm0 Aug 8, 2015
Aug 6, 2015 A book for all Nephalems!! You will know why as soon as you read the title! http://www.amazon.com/Great-Rift-Cycle-Arawn/dp/1494494256/ref=la_B004NW3PYY_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1438854152&sr=1-5Lloyd1 Aug 6, 2015
Jul 29, 2015 Can't buy The Sin War series ebooks anymore?? I drive a ton and have been enjoying listening to Google Books read the first two books in the series aloud while I drive, but I can't find book 3 in electronic form anywhere online. Anyone know what's up or where I might be able to buy it? Checked Google Play Books, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and others already..Jimbalaya0 Jul 29, 2015
Jun 25, 2015 A Diablo player wrote a book! It's FREE now. Hey guys! My new ebook just published on Amazon, and it's FREE until 6/27 :) Please don't miss the chance to download it. It's been top 20 under Epic Fantasy and Dystopia catergory for free Ebooks for few days now, and so far the responses have been great. I've been playing Diablo 3 since it came out, and was one of the first one to reach Diablo by coming up with the crazy broken Wizard shield spell build(super low hp/High regen, with shield that caps the maximum damage you can take) And after making high four-figures profit from Real Money Auction house, I put that money toward self-publishing my own book. Here it is! (If I have to be honest, it's not going to satisfy everyone's preference, but people seem to enjoy it) Feel free to shoot questions my way, and tell your friends!(It's FREE lol) And I would also love some reviews. Thanks everyone! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010359MQO?*Version*=1&*entries*=0MasterYi0 Jun 25, 2015
Jun 20, 2015 Ignition I've been working on a story for a while that I've been hoping to make into a comic, although I'm considering making it a novel due to certain difficulties I'm having. I've posted a few chapters of the story on http://nesala.tumblr.com/ so feel free to look it up. In addition, if anyone knows so much as where or how I might find an artist, it would be greatly appreciated, as I've been pulling my hair out trying to do so, and am even willing to pay an artist. Feel free to leave some feedback too. I've written a great deal more than what's posted (or I supposed "blogged" is the proper term in this case), so don't worry about not having more of the story to share.Nesala1 Jun 20, 2015
Jun 14, 2015 A soldiers story A soldiers story "Roarrrr!!!" The hell hound ran towards me and lept into the air to attack from above, I dodged the frontal attack as I try to jab my spear into it's stomach, but landed in the the hell hounds rib cage instead, the hound fell to the ground, and cried in agony, as it lay on ground a few feets from where it landed, still breathing. Normally it would take alot more damage to take down the hound, but it is already weakened, as my men kept a defensive stand over its attacks and tired it out. "That is the last of it captain!" I nodded and yelled: "Shorty, put the last one in, and check the rest!" "Ok boss!" A tall soldier replied and walked to the hell hound I just struck down, and thrust his spear into its head, and did the same to the other hell hounds to make sure none is alive. Despite being call 'Shorty', his real name is Dalnpen Feqvoi, he is the tallest man in our rank, Shorty is a quiet man, but his melee skills are a valuable asset in our rank. "Captain, is it true that the hellish army is attacking the bastions keep, and its forces are gaining ground ?" "I don't know Marty, I used to think it's absurd to believe that there are such things as angels and demons, but look at these hounds, they are nothing that I've seen before, infact, I believe none of us have, apart from that, why did the General give a high alert order just as the rumours started to spread?" I replied slowly and looked at Marty. Marty korgsad is...well, quite short, a dwarve infact, he claims that he is the decendant of this mystic race 'mountain kings', and that he is the tallest man in his tribe, altho I think it is bull, but his raw strength is outstanding. "But it is only rumours.." Said another soldier, as the other men gathers in. The soldier's name is Ronald Axpeod, a marksman in our rank, he can hit a bullseye four hundred feet away, with only three misses out of ten shots, true to his father's lineage. "Captain, nine o'clock, someone is approaching!" Shorty interrupted before I could say more, so I looked to my left shoulder and see a figure in cloak emerges amongst the woods. "Follow me!" I said as I walked toward the figure, with Marty and Shorty behind me, and the other men followed, Ronald on the last. Our squad is one of the twelve patrol parties on the map, and we were on a ten miles radius patrol route before we encounter half a dozen of hell hounds, apart from 'fending wild creatures', a high alert patrol also looks out for spies that disguised as commoners or businesmen. "You there, stop and state your name and purpose on entering the borders of Kings ---!" Before I could finish my sentence, the figure collapsed to the ground, then I exchanged a glance with Shorty and signalled everyone to draw weapons as we walked to the figure, now lying on the ground. As we walk closer and closer to the collapsed figure, I could see large amount of broken branches from where the figure came from, and the smell of blood becomes more distinct as we closed on the digure. "You there! hello?" I yelled, to which the figure laid motionless still, so I went down carefully and turn the figure around, and to our suprise, it's a female, a female worrior infact, as there is a large sword that can be seen when the claok flipped, i reaached out my index and middle fingers to check for her neck pulses, alive, i thought, but it seems that she had suffered a wound to her lower left abdomen. As blood seemed to stream out from there still, then suddenly I realize that if the wound is fresh, then her enemy must be close by still! "Shorty and everyone else stand guard and watch out for hostiles, Ron, take the first aid kit from my horse's pack, Marty stay with me , we will need to tend to her wounds." "Yes captain!" While everyone moved out, I started to unwrap her blood soaked body armour, it seemed it was a powerful blow, as the armour is broken around the point of impact. 'Sssssss' The female worrior gasped in pain as I got piece by piece, closer and closer to the wound, but it seems she's still unconcious. Then finally I got to her skin, it was a pale white colour, maybe from the loss of blood, so white, as if it could glow in the dark...I shook my head, this is no time to admire, i thought, and proceeded to slide the last piece of clothe from her abdomen, there it was, a black crystal or some sort, that has embeded into her flesh, the moment I saw it, I almost felt it coming to live, and heard whispers to my ear, altho unclear what the whispers saying, it seems to have a black smoke enshroudding it, as the skin around the wound started to rot and turned black. "Marty, Ron, I need you to hold her hands down!" I said as I kneel myself onto her thighs, just to prevent prevent her jerking up and tearing the wound if she struggles. "Ready, 1, 2, 3..!" I said and slowly reach out to grab the crystal, then suddenly, the female worrior raised her hand, pushed Ron back as she quickly grabs my hand! Suprised, I looked up, and our eyes met, there is a white light shined thru her eyes that glowed so bright, it is almost blinding, then without much effort, she flung and knocked all three of us into the mid air, and stood up as we landed a few feet back. 'Thump, thump, thump' was the sound when the three of us landed all over the place. I grunted as I got up, shook my head and looked around to find the female worrior, while the other men on guard looked shocked and hung their mouths open, Shorty reacted first. "How dare you!" He yelled as he charged towards the female worrior. "Shorty, wait!" I yelled. Then I turned to the female worrior and said: "Stranger, we mean you no harm! We were..!" Then I realize she was looking at the few piece of clothes and armour that still lied infront of her. "We were just... trying help...you need to tend your wounds!" I said nervously, altho I felt my words are abit unhelpful to the 'evidence' infront of her, as crimes are still pretty high in the outskirts of the city, looting a dead corpse or robbing and **#*%#!@%% is not uncommon. But it she seemed to believe what I said, and the white light in her eyes slowly dimmed, and there I looked at her face closely, for the first time. It was a face that you'd expect to see on the daughters of those fat and greedy nobles, not a shred of sign that shows the ferociousness that was shown when she flung the three of us, such might she has! "Who, or what are you!?" I broke the silence again and asked. "Xila...am a crusader!" She replied in a light whisper, but strangely, I heard every word so clearly, like they have been whispered right next to my ears. Then, without a warning, she dropped to the ground. Thankfully, the patrol ended without more encounters. I sent Marty and another three men to bring the Crusader named Xila back to our camp to seek the medical officer's help first, as the rest of us continue on our normal route, althought I felt a butterfly in my stomach, like I am missing something, but I can't think of anything else, it's just an instinctive feeling, I hope i am wrong, i thought to myself, but my weariness grew as the patrol went on. And so we finished our patrol two hours late, and it is already completely dark when we came back to camp. Normally Ronald would comment on how he is going to soak his feet into a bucket of hot water and how it would feel so good, when we are about to reach the camp's gate, but I slapped my hand across his chest when he opened his mouth, then Ronald and the other men halt their horses and looked at me. "Something is wrong!" I said, as I realize that there were no soldiers to stand guard, and no torches were lid. Normally by this time, soldiers not on duty would gather about a fire and would drink and joke amongst each other, but now the camp is completely quiet and dark. I tried to look for indications or some sort, but the darkness that en-shadows the camp kept everything in a dark screen, and with the occasional swept of the wind made sounds like the howling of a wolf, it almost felt like the camp itself has become a monster lying in the dark, ready to swollow awhole the unwary. Then suddenly, a shadow seemed to move from amongst the dark, then reemerged itself back into the dark. I could just barely deem it a human figure. "Everyone stay on guard and wait here, I will go in and check, don't go in unless I signal you." I said. A captain must be brave and stand infront of his men, I thought, but the sweat in my palms tells me I am nervous. I lowered myself and approached the gate slowly, and nothing is out of the ordinary so far, no blood, no signs of fighting, it is eerily silent, and dark, my heart pumped harder to compete with the tension admist the atmosphere, so I gripped my sword tighter and tumbled onto the first tent on the right to the gate, and crawl down to the side of the tent to slowly lift open the tent's door. Noone's inside, relieved slightly, I then slowly move back and look onto the next tent, thirty feet away, it is the largest tent, where officers would meet and disguss strategies. I swiftly ran across the opening while keeping myself from seen, with the help of the darkness, and reached the door without a sound, then I stood quietly for a moment, to try and catch any sounds or noises that would help me to understand the situation. There was darkness and silence still, apart from the occasional wooing sound from the wind that swept by. Then suddenly I felt a breeze on the back of my neck, someone is breathing into my neck! Without hesitation I dropped to the ground, and rolled myself to the side for a few feet and got up quickly and looked to where I was. "Shorty!" Then I realize it was Shorty whom followed me. "Shorty, why did you disobey my order and followed me in?!" I whispered as I checked around and went to Shorty. "Captain, I couldn't leave you to face all the danger alone!"Marty looked at me and replied. "If you disobey my order again, I will--" Before I could finish my sentence, there came a sound just right behind the tent where we stood. "Errrrrrrrrrrrrr". Then I saw a hand broke thru the tent and tried to grab me! It reached out so quickly, that I knew I wasn't going to be able to dodge in time, and was only in time to bar the sword in the way. *Thud* The hand has such strength that it pushed me back a few steps. Shorty reacted immdiately by slamming his hammer into where the enemy would stand. *bam* His hammer sounded like it hit something hard! The hand that was still out grabed the handle and try to pull Shorty in, but I wasn't going to let that happen, and jabbed my sword right thru the tent material to where I think the enemy's body would be. Got you! I thought, as I felt the sword had pierced a flesh, and pulled the sword out, but to my suprise, there was no blood on the blade. Shorty seized the chance as the enemy stuttered and pulled his hammer free, and then the hand went back into the tent. I looked thru the hole in the tent in a distance to try to see the enemy behind, but it was too dark, and without a warning, the tent got teared up and I could only barely makeout what to be a human figure that jumped towards me. Oh !@#$! I thought, jumped backwards as I raise my sword for defence, but his attack was too powerful, and knocked me off my feet. Then we both fell and slided along the ground, with the enemy ontop, grabbing the sword between, I felt a sharp pain on the back as we stopped sliding, and looked at the enemy, the moon light behind him shadows his face, I could only see the two enraged, red eyes that stared at me, eyes that resembles those of the hell hound! The enemy then tried to grab the sword away from me, but we both wrestled for it's ownership, I looked to the side and yelled: "Shorty!" In hopes that he'll come to my aid, but Shorty looked shocked, and his eyes filled with fears, as he watched us struggle, like he's seeing a ghost or something terrifying. Without hesitation, I raised my knee to my enemy's hip, and my sword as a lever, with all my might, I flung and slammed him onto the pile of wooden crates behind me. I got back on my feet as the wooden crates were crushed under the weight of the enemy. "Marty, wakeup!!" I yelled again. "Un...undead captain!! The rumours are true!!!" I heard Shorty. "What undead, wakeup, we got a fight on our hand!"i said. It is this point the enemy got up, and with the help of the moon light, I finally got see the enemy clearly as he stood there, staring at me with those res eyes, amongst the mess. "Holy %^-*!" I jumped, I looked at now what remains of a human body, as bits of flesh and skin hung loosedly, and where his flesh are torned, his bones looked bluish from the moonlight, it's like, as if he had been swallowed awhole and chewed by a giant, then spitted out. Thru the exposed rib cage, I could see the innerd or what is left of it, still moving, and his face is covered in blood and flesh, I coudn't really tell if it's his, or his victim's. All my body hair stoodup, for a moment, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I realized that what I saw was real, and felt the cold wind swept pass my sweaty back and the chill crawling up my spine when I realize how close I was with the undead. "Eeerrerrerr..." The undead grunted and started to run towards me, with its bloody hands reaching forward, ready to rip anything that it touches. I raised my sword and calmed myself down, as I know panic will only get me into a deeper trouble. "Eeerrrr" The undead grunted once more as he got close enough and tried to claw me from the front, but his flesh was no match for my steel sword as I stepped to his right side and cut his whole arm off! Normally, enemies suffered such critical wound would retreat, but the undead turned without even a stutter and took me by suprise! I am dead! I thought, and then everything at that point seemed to go in a slow motion, the foul breathe that rushed to my face, as I watched the undead opened its mouth and tried to bite my neck, I could even see droplets of saliver that flung out from its mouth, and bits of flesh stuck between his teeth from his previous victim, while my body frozed in terror, unable to make a move. "Captain! Watchout!!" Yelled Shorty. *SLAM* Shorty's hammer smashed on the undeads chest just a split of a second faster to stop the undead's advance, and knocked it back a few steps back! I took the chance and stepped forward with my right foot, utilizing the rotational strenghth from my hip, I swung my sword towards the undead's neck with both my hands. *Slash* "Eeerrrrr" The undead's head went flying into the air as it was detached from my powerful cut. It's body went numb and fell to the floor, I waited a little to make sure body can't move without it's head, then signalled Shorty to watch my back as I went to check the undead, to which I went thru the shredded clothes and found a name tag on the upper left chest pocket. "Stanley Crawford", I read out slowly. "It's the medic officer that came last week as a replacement!" A suprised Shorty said. Then an idea came to me, which sends me into a cold shiver. "No...it can't not be....does it mean all the soldiers here have turned?!" I turned to Shorty. "But surely they would have been alerted from all the rackings we've made!" Shorty said, and looked around nervously. "Eerrre" "Oh great!!" Shorty yelled and looked to find about twenty undeads coming towards us. Some of then without an eye, some of them without limbs, came towards us. There was noway we could hold against twenty undeads, so I made a decision without delay. "Run! Shorty! Run!" I yelled and pulled Shorty as escape towards the camp's gate. "Errrrr" "errrrrrr" It seemed the fate of the soldiers within the camp is now clear to me now, all of them had turned! But that's the least of my concern, because there is three undead coming towards us from the gate, and the undeads behind us was nomore than twenty feet away. "Dammit!" I said ”there is no otherway out from the camp, we'll have to meet the undeads headon!" "Shorty, behind me!!" I yelled as we approached the first undead, with its arms out trying to grab hold of me, I went for a slide motion on my back and passed on the ground below him and made a pass, with Shorty knocking it away as he follows, then with the help of the momentum I jumped forward and thrust my sword into the next undead's opened mouth as it tried to bite me, my sword went stright thru his throat, altho the blow didn't kill him, It stunned him, I kept on running, and left the last blow to Shorty, whom looped the undead's head off and spun around and strike the last undead and cut open it's stomach, bits of imtestine fell outand I kicked and knocked it on the ground, then we both ran without further struggle. Altho we succeeded in overcome the three undeads at the gate, the undeads behind us now almost caught up to us.VegetableBun0 Jun 14, 2015
Jun 2, 2015 Very cool book and its free to boot! This just came up today! Eden’s Ore: Secrets is free for a limited time for download from the author’s website. It’s available in PDF, MOBI or EPUB files. All you got to do is goto: http://edens-ore.com/freebook.html The code is there - put any email you want and BOOM download the file. It’s a dystopian science fiction novel and the first in a series of five. The second book just came out a couple weeks ago. The book is about a world where we have burn through all the fossil fuels and we are struggling to keep up. They core through the entire planet and discover a mysterious energized ore. The book opens ten years after and the ore is going mainstream to solve the energy crisis. They know it kills humans, but they have the technology to safely extract the energy. However, the main character of the book get’s impale with a piece of the ore, but he lives. His entire body begins to change as something awakens in him. It doesn’t take long before the world unravels around him and he is becomes hunted for what he is.Arthoriusx0 Jun 2, 2015
May 28, 2015 Read do? Looking for another book series to get into and havnt seen one of these topics in awhile. Dune. Read this book over and over since i was kid love it. Finished the series good stuff. Have since read most of Frank Herberts stuff and eat it up. Lord of the rings is good but didnt keep me captivated stopped middle of two towers. Stephen king is fun i like how he really goes deep into his characters minds and makes you think or be disturbed long after finishing. Game of thrones. Amazing every book better than one before this last series i finished and left me wanting badly. It's finished right? Come on George RR ! I believe.. Jon suffer long time can see him just lying there for years. Irks me that ive never gone out of main stream reading but i don't know where to begin. Recently picked out 1st books of fantasy novels to see if one catches. Halfway through wheel of time but it's not picking up any pace. So what do you HC brothers and sisters enjoy and why? Any that just speaks to your soul like Dune man Dune i love the Dune.MrWinkles41 May 28, 2015
May 27, 2015 To any Reader's here are two Awesome 1st book's in two different miniseries and different genre, One of which was turned into a movie "The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson", Stieg Larsson died and his story's were only discovered on his death so these are his only story's. And the Swedish movie's in my opinion were better than the American version "JOUST by Mercedes lackey" Lackey has written many story's other than this one and in other genres as well so if you like this one you might like others by her as well. I hope you like them as well as I did :-)shadowcat0 May 27, 2015
Apr 3, 2015 Any other writers lurking in this forum? Hello, I'm a writer and I have several self-published books out there. I was wondering if there are others like me hanging around in this place. If so, we can gather here and exchange tips, interact and support each other. Of course, readers are also welcome to drop by and see what the hoopla is this all about.OdiOsO2 Apr 3, 2015
Mar 26, 2015 A new Diablo 3 book coming out Hi, my name is Zachria Sheldon. I wanted to stop by, and tell you about my new book coming out Diablo 3 Gold Rush or Bust. First off this isn't a gold guide of any kind.No this is a nonfiction book about the Diablo 3 economy, a journalistic adventure through all the excitement, triumph, sorrow and even humor it is sure to bring. Here's a link to the book trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daulIs3NtTI so you can find out all about it! Here is the great part...... this month on my indiegogo campiagn page http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/103610?a=554330 it is only $1 to download. I will have a Kickstarter link up in a few days, just waiting for approval.That is, if you prefer them better. A word about Indiegogo; I have had great experiences with them and even though their not as well known as Kickstarter they are growing every day and are very easy to deal with. This is a book about Diablo 3 players and will be most appreciated by the D3 community, so why not give you a sweet deal in the beginning. I really think you will enjoy reading about the things we will cover: The basics of the D3 economy for those who have been under a rock for the last month The swirling controversy and the anticpation of the RMAH Meet the big time winners the auctioneers extroidnaire's as well as the tales of woe from it's biggest losers. How did it all pan out, was it hype or just a big flaming Hindeburgh that crushed all in under it's path. We will talk to the players , crunch the numbers and hear all the fun filled stories of a new e-commerce economy as it's born. * There will also be an accompanying website so you can follow the action daily if you so desire. Quick excerpt from the book's intro It was the best of times.........It was paying almost 30 percent in fee's and still finding a way to scratch together a few bucks of profit on the RMAH. Ah, the controversy that swirled around such a simple brilliant innovation of let PC gamers get paid to play a game that they love and already play obsessively every single day. You would have thought Blizzard was trying to give out free health care or something.This might have been the beginning of things, but the story that unfolds after is the one that has to be told. So, sit. Stay awhile.......and listen. To tales and lore of sweat shop gold farmers , energy drink bingers, and even a windforce moment or two for the lucky few. We are determined to document what will be a important part of internet history, and would love to have your help and suggestions to make this the best project possible. If you have stories to tell, or want to volunteer on the website,or just want to read the book and it's follow up ........ DO INFERNO COWS TASTE LIKE CHICKEN ? a humorous romp through the fields and marshlands, to hell and back and again past the Inferno grazing cow level, as we explore and revel in Diablo 3 and how it affected players lives, some for the better, some for the worst, and some just went absolute bat !@#$ nutty!BohdiLI3 Mar 26, 2015
Mar 20, 2015 In Remembrance of Terry Pratchett I know it's been a week but I wanted to post this song of his anyways The Wizards Staff - has a knob on the end Words: Nanny Ogg (as translated by: Alixandra Jordan ) Music: A Frog went a Courtin' O, the wizard's staff had a knob on the end. It does! It does! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end. It does! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end And the wizard's staff is the wizard's friend. It is! It is! O, the wizard's staff is long and hard. It is! It is! O, the wizard's staff is long and hard. It is! O, the wizard's staff is long and hard; And the wizard plays with it in his yard. He does! He does! O, the wizard's staff proves he's a man. It does! it does! O, the wizard's staff proves he's a man. It does! O, the wizard's staff proves he's a man. he gripes it firmly in his hand. he does! He does! wizard staff magic is all hand play. I see! I see! Wizard staff magic is all hand play. I see! Wizard staff magic is all hand play. he works it first this; and then thataway. I see! Wizard staff magic works up a sweat. It does! it does! Wizard staff magic works up a sweat. It does! Wizard staff magic works up a sweat. It's potent magic, you can bet. It is! It is! The staff goes in and then goes out! In! Out! In! Out! The staff goes in and then goes out! In! Out! The staff goes in and then goes out. Tighten the hand and start to shout! In! Out! In! Out! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end. I know! I know! O, the wizard's staff has a know on the end. I know! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end. It's long, and wooden and tends to bend. I know! I know! O, the Archchancellor's staff is longest of all. He claims! He claims! O, the Archchancellor's staff is longest of all. He claims! O, the Archchancellor's staff is longest of all. When he takes a shower, his staff's in the hall! he claims! He claims! The Archchancellor's staff goes 'round and 'round. Around! Around! The Archchancellor's staff goes 'round and 'round. Around! The Archchancellor's staff goes 'round and 'round. That's why wizards don't teach while sitting down. Sci down! Sit Down! The wizard's staff! Long may it wave! Back 'n' forth! Back 'n' forth! The wizard's staff! Long may it wave! Back 'n' forth! The wizard's staff! Long may it wave! he'll carry it proudly to his grave! He will! He Will! O, the wizard's staff has enormous reach. - 1 Yards long! Yards long! O, the wizard's staff has enormous reach. Yards long! O, the wizard's staff has enormous reach It searches for a bottom like a peach. A peach! A peach! O, the wizard's staff is fond of nuts. In trees! In trees! o, the wizard's staff is fond of nuts. In trees! The wizard's staff is fond of nuts; Hard and prickly and nice soft butts. In the trees? In the trees? But the wizard's staff is a maid's delight. - 2 Oh, no! Oh, no! But the wizard's staff is a maid's delight. Oh, no! But the wizard's staff is a maid's delight. For maidens and wizards come out at night. Oh, yes! Oh, yes! O, the wizard's staff staff rises to the call. It does! it does! O, the wizard's staff rises to the call it does. O, the wizard's staff rises to the call, When the maiden, she wear nothing at all. It does! It does! When a naked maiden takes a stand, And she will! She will! When a naked maiden takes a stand, And she will! When a naked maiden takes a stand. The staff says: "To hell your your right hand." It will! it will! O, the staff goes in and then goes out. - 3 In! Out! In! Out! O, the staff goes in and then goes out. In! Out! O, the staff goes in and then goes out Spread things up and start to shout! In! Out! Well, the maiden's child has a wizard's staff. I saw! I saw! Well, the maiden's child has a wizard's staff, I saw! Well, the maiden's child has a wizard's staff After all he's a real son-of-a-staff. Poor thing! Poor thing! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end. - 4 It does! It does! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end. It does! O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end. And the wizard's staff is the wizard's friend. It is! It is!Jenny6 Mar 20, 2015
Feb 22, 2015 WAR: All Us Scoundrels - Chapter 1 © Eric Mac 2015 (Chapters 2 and 3 are also available) They call me The Scoundrel—Scoundrel for short. I’m actually Bertran Jeffries, but even I can’t pronounce either of those names without feeling weakened in some way. And weak is not how one wishes to appear next to the man I’m following. “Oh joy,” I said to him, “yet another dark, gritty hole you’ve found.” And I mean following only in the physical sense. I am my own man and have been since I was about five. I ran away from my mother at that age and slipped into a caravan heading east. Personally, I don’t think she was my mother. I remember her paying money to some other woman, and I remember being lifted into her arms after the coins were exchanged. I had to have been quite the infant then because I also remember loosing my water at that very moment, wetting the purveyor of human goods that was she. Ahead, there was a grunt from Warren—War for short. Yes, we are very clever and filled with perspicuous idiom. And no one ever calls him Warren but me—and only when I’m testy and wanting to rile him. You won’t ever hear me tell him, but he is a most impressive man. I could say “mountain of a man” and that would be just as accurate, if not too widely used. You will also never hear me say I admire him. Ever. Admire in a brutish, maximum demonstration of nature, that is. Whatever he ate growing up never had a chance. “Do you think you could block the whole tunnel?” I asked. Warren looked back at me, an effort that made the metal of his helm scrape lightly against his shoulder armor. As it was, he had to turn partially sideways in order to make it down the blasted sandy hole himself. I saw a slight crinkling at the corner of his eye that told me he was amused. But he was also challenging me to move him if I wanted—something we both knew wasn’t going to happen. It didn’t stop me from raising my eyebrows and appearing playfully impatient, however. In truth, I was quite glad to he was going first. It meant I wouldn’t be able to get an arrow off without hitting him, but it also meant that whatever ghastly, slithering foulness we were to encounter would have the mighty challenge of getting past him before it got to me. I was, therefore, none too concerned. We kept moving, Warren’s armor both lighting the way and scraping against the harsh rock wall. In short time, the tunnel started getting wider, and I knew that my earlier fears of just having to extract his mass from being wedged in this place was slowly being replaced by having to keep a sharp eye on things. That was my self-appointed task. His protector. That was something he would never admit, but it was something of which I took every opportunity to remind him. He didn’t have the best memory for things like that, so I felt it was my duty to keep it fresh in his mind. The air was getting cooler, and I thanked whatever misbegotten god for that mild pleasure. The heat of the desert was pleasant only when one had the nubile flesh of a charming woman touching your hot skin and guiding you to her tent. There was another grunt from Warren. My eyes widened, and I drew my hand in the space where my bowstring would normally be. A cool, blue glowing string appeared, and a hoar-frost coated white arrow came into existence. I had to wear gloves or the thing would burn my hands from the cold. Cool mist drew off the magical arrow and flecks of frost fell, turning to moisture before hitting the ground. I loved my bow. It was the only one of its kind—a Baern Ice Bow, named after the man who created it, the man who died giving it to me. There were several grunts that defined Warren. The last was a terse expression that said I’d better be ready for anything. Warren shifted in his stance, his massive frame stepping aside enough so that I could see what lay ahead. More sand. More darkness beyond the light of his armor—which meant we had about ten feet of clear visibility that quickly faded to black. There was something in that black. My heart found its way higher in my chest against my best wishes. I exhaled. It was easy to regain my steadiness, and it would be even easier once something started. But for those damn few minutes before a fight, my body wanted to act like it was a child afraid of the dark. And then it began. A rapid shuffling, skittering presence came out of the dark. Many of them. My heart pumped wildly, my mind raced, Warren’s—I was sure—did the opposite. There was a set to his body, a relaxed readiness and an obvious eagerness to his actions that I envied in one respect, feared in another. I would also never tell him that. Fiends rushed out of the darkness quickly followed by a bunch of damn cave spiders. I hate spiders. Hate them. And these were dog-sized. Big dogs. Thin, green legs with deep red at the joints swiftly carried the characteristic bulging bodies—carapaces designed, I swear by the gods, to be grotesque. Fiends came ahead of them, most likely herding them or having some kind of beneficial relationship with the spiders. The fiends were human-like, each hairless and having light brown bodies with pot bellies. They scampered forward fast, all brandishing a bladed or blunt weapon to finish us—to add us to the shape of their stomachs. At the edge of the darkness I could see the remains of a man. I let an arrow fly without thinking, my eyes already on my next shot, my hand already drawing back and creating another arrow. The white shaft sank into the bulging form of the first spider I saw. I didn’t have to look to see that the arrow penetrated truly, sending out a shockwave of frost and ice across its body and freezing it temporarily. In my periphery, and to my disgusted delight, I saw the thing crash into the hardened sand as others crawled over it to get to us. And that was when War rushed forward. Not Warren now. War. His legendary war blade coming alive. The first group of fiends rushing forward were brutally cut in two—and not in nice pieces. Some of them lost their heads; others were cut clean across their chest and out through their shoulder on the other side. And they didn’t just fall neatly to the ground; they flew across the space of the tunnel hitting the other side in a gory mess. I crouched low for a better line of sight and fired again and again, frost flecking my cheek and cooling my skin. I stopped firing after six shots and just watched the spectacle before me. I couldn’t help a smile as War chopped and crushed spider and fiend with equal vigor. A low chant began as War worked up his barbarian lust. I found myself pulled into the sound, mimicking it. I felt the rush that was my friend express itself all over the cave tunnel. I probably beamed. As I said, I admired him. It was over soon enough. I had only to fire once more; an errant spider fell from the ceiling, frozen. It hit War’s back, though I doubt he even felt it. He stepped back to admire the disarray of bodies and crushed the thing without knowing it. The place smelled bad now—blood and spider gut goo. Warren was calming himself down, though I could feel the heat coming off his body. He was eager for more. I stepped past him and felt his eyes on me. I saw the tunnel open into a wider chamber; darkness beyond. I turned back to him and looked at his face, at his eyes that sought battle to live by. “Hmm,” I said, disapprovingly. “You going to sift through all that for gold now?” He lowered his brows and looked at the warm, wet chaos decorating the cave. He gave a wry grin and shrugged his shoulders, clearly happy with himself. I shook my head. “Fine,” I said, then proceeded to take his dagger out of the scabbard at his waist. He opened his mouth as if to say something. A look from me silenced him. “If I have to do it, I’m not dirtying my own blade.” I turned around and stepped over to a pile of still-oozing flesh and readied myself to poke through it, hiding my own grin as I did so.MingofWar0 Feb 22, 2015
Feb 22, 2015 For the Authors... Those aspiring authors in the crowd, those published in minor or major works, anyone who has ever thought of a story once upon a time, welcome to the collaboration thread! Here, we can share our ideas and stories, and critique work if we have some to be judged. Constructive criticism only, please! Etiquette is a must for civility's sake. This is also a great place to recommend books that you think others would benefit from or enjoy reading. Novels, biographies and essays welcome!Invincible2 Feb 22, 2015
Feb 16, 2015 Tyrael Figure? Hey guys first time on the forum here but there is something I´ve been wondering for a long time . Like some of you I collect comics , books but also figures. I have the original series and the newly released Diablo III diablo aswell. But I´m wondering if there is a chance of ever seeing a Tyrael figure? I know the funko ones exist which I do own but its just not the same , since neca has done such an amazing job with the latest diablo figure I wanted to know if there is a plan for anymore figures being released? I hope some of you share my interest in this :)Archangel3 Feb 16, 2015
Nov 13, 2014 A Short Story I Made I made this in 25 minutes or so, so it isn't the best thing I've written As the brave warrior pulled his long sword out of his holster, he grabbed the shield off of his back and held it up in the air. The wizard who was right beside him threw a small gem in the air and a force field appeared around him as he stomped on the ground and ice flow around him. Beside the wizard stood a archer with his bow up high, he pulled out a arrow with a tip of pure silver, made for slaying demons. The three looked at each other and rushed out in to a field of battle, slaying demons left right and center. The archer grabbed his bow and shot through multiple at once killing six in one shot, the warrior put is shield above his head as the archer jumped on it and jumping again shooting monsters in a super fast pace. The warrior blowing down the enemy's with his enormous shield and throwing them from here to there with his unmatchable strength. He sliced a group of enemy's with one mighty cleave knocking them all down to they death. The wizard pulled out a book as he shot a powerful beam the shot through all of the monsters in his path, every monster that got close to him froze in the chilling spell he placed, he laughed as she casted a black hole that pulled every demon in it and exploded and in pure power. The more they killed the more came out of the portal so they could only do one more thing, kill the demon who is creating the portal, Diablo the prime evil. The wizard shot a powerful beam at the demons to make a path for the two brave hearted heroes. The wizard looked behind him to only see something that would kill him, Baal. The fighter and the archer ran to the portal looking any sign for the mighty Diablo, at that moment a corrupted angle flew at them, the warrior said "Malthael" as he pulled his blade above his head and leaped at the archangel striking him in the head, the archer jumped over the warrior and shot Malthael in the head multiple times. But that was not enough, the warrior pulled out a colossal two handed sword that looked too heavy for any mortal to hold, but this was no mortal this is a hero. He ran at the archangel and swept his blade at Malthael's gut and took him out with a single shot, when the warrior looked back he saw that the archer was on the ground dead. He looked at his crossbow, picked it up and said to him self "I will avenge you" in a whispering voice. The portal started to grow bigger and bigger then Diablo came out. The warrior flew into the air with a rage in his yell as he struck the prime evil, but the demon just grabbed the warrior and threw him to the ground. The warrior thought "Was this the end...". Then a miracle happened, Imperius appeared out of no where, Diablo said "Your rage makes you powerful. Yet you hide it from your brethren. Perhaps you fear them seeing you for what you truly are." "I fear nothing!" Said the angel as he struck Diablo with a blow that only a true god could withstand. The prime evil Diablo was slain... The three heroes were avenged...Ryuu0 Nov 13, 2014
Sep 4, 2014 New Diablo 3 book please and thank you! Ebooks are cool but I was just wondering if Blizzard and its' talented authors were working on another great hardcover book that takes place after ROS. I seriously cannot get enough of these. I'm hoping it'd be about how the Angiris Council is taking Malthaels fall, specifically Imperius. Will Inarius & Lilith be in the book or the next expansion? Will Udlyssian & his brother? Seeing as how Lilith & Inarius have voice actors giving out some lore in-game as them via book drops, my guess is yes. Will we see Anu?(hes the angels ultimate form right?) OH MY GOD ANNOUNCE THE NEXT BOOK ALREADY! "Valor shall turn to Wrath " "as Fate lies shattered forever."Woodfist0 Sep 4, 2014
Aug 11, 2014 What are you reading? Simple enough, what books and comics are you currently working through? Would you recommend them? I'll start! Comics: Catching up on the latest The Walking Dead (issues 91-96) and just started The New Avengers Vol. 1. TWD is a must read, especially if you like the show. This particular run of The Avengers is written by my favorite comic writer, Brian Michael Bendis., and is a nice take off point if you just got into the characters from the movie. It starts off with the reassembling of the group after a catastrophic event in the Marvel universe, and is full of fun action. Books: Space Chronicles - Neil Degrasse Tsyon. A look into the history of space exploration, why it matters, and why we need to continue doing it. NDT can write about anything and make it humourous and interesting, and this is no exception. The prologue is a little long winded about the history of Nasa, but he puts a ton of fun little side things in to get you through it and to the meat of the book. Grave Peril, book 3 of The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher. If you haven't heard of this series yet you should definitely check it out. It's about a freelance detective/wizard in Chicago that investigates all sorts of paranormal cases. Zombies, dark wizards, werewolves, ghosts, anything you can name, he deals with 'em. Jim Butcher has a great noir feel going to with this series, and he can write action better than anyone I've ever read. Seriously, his fight scenes are better than most movies. Harry Dresden is also a perfect mix of chaeuvanistic cynic and good guy that makes him so lovable that you can't help but pull for him like he's a close friend. So share away!Booshi54 Aug 11, 2014
Jun 13, 2014 Started reading Frankstien My god this is a fabulous read. Started reading it and the Monster is just brilliant and is Dr. Frankstien. The movies are absolutely terrible compared to the actual books! Oh my goodness! I recommend this to everyone that can stomach it. It is a fascinating read and excellent one at that. This was written by an 18 year old girl, in the 18th century and marks the beginning of the sci-fi genre. So stop drudging around and read it!Calnor2 Jun 13, 2014
Jun 6, 2014 Working on a book. Anythoughts? Here is the beginning i have been giving people and so far they love it. But I would like people to give me your opinion. (Its still rough, might be some errors) MEYLA I brushed my hand in the dirt, examining the skeleton of the great city Lexis as it slowly crumbles around me. As I looked down the broken, god punished road that once had occupants miles to see so they say. But now the once mighty Guardians watch over the city that forever dorms. With ash and paper that litter the streets, and fly through the air like a flock of birds on summers doorstep. And with Backpack at hand, memories at mind I walked down road. Swords and shields littered the road as millions of people passed on judgement day. But from what? My ancestors tell me of a god, a god of no name. And that god was angry with the world. He didn’t like there ways so they say. So God himself came down to create new. “As I, The ruler of what you play, This is not game, Shall you take this chance, I grant the clean the fresh, Let the world start a new, As judgement has declared Bright light shall fill the skies, Darkness shall follow light and the knew world shall be born.” As I continued to walk and I did not stop, as I was trespassing on Dead’s land. I made sure not to look back, as the mighty guardians that stare down from (heaven) seemingly looked down upon me in wait. But only those who have purpose may enter lexis. It is, after all, Dead’s land. But more importantly God’s throne, or should I say Akryiums. But my visit to Akryium was simple, clear. I came to honor my passing’s, I came to honor they who loved me. As I stared into the bed of the Dead’s land. The stones of were they lay, as I felt the breeze pick me up, the wind cleanse my soul, as I took a deep breath as I walked into the heart of final place. I stopped at the Overwatch of Akryium. It was in the middle of Dead’s land. It was stone, with candles that forever shone its beauty, and akryiums symbol located in its finest glory. Shaped like a ball with spikes laid around it like a sun. And located in the center was a diamond. It felt cold, as winter sprung like a blossom of flowers in a desert. The cold chilled my body as I stared into the heart of Akryium. He was looking better then ever. He had finally made peace with Daeri once more. I knew this, as Akryiums Overwatch was starting to turn green, as moss and other plant like things took over its shape and obscured its once great features. I kneeled down and placed my hand gently against the heart of Akryium. Emotions flew through my body as a tingling sensation passed through my veins. I felt pain, misery and sadness. The cries of others, but behind those fierce emotions and sacrifices was fire. A fire that burned of passion, honesty and most of all. Peace. The Overwatch was a magnificent site. As I felt the embedded symbol once more with the hands I was gifted. I kneeled down, I opened my bag and took out a necklace and couldn‘t help but smile. “I made this necklace one cycle ago, around this day my friend. As I am here in your presence Akryium to present you this gift of passing. I am honoured for you allow me to be here today.” I said as I placed the necklace at the bass of his Overwatch beside the burning candles. As I stood up, bag over shoulder. I walked down the isle to final’s place. Snow began to fall, ever so lightly. I walked up to there Dorm of Last rest. There on the dorm of Deads land wrote: Here lies, Avery Satin Cycle: 860-01-02 to 872-04-22 Here lies, Nvarlia Satin Cycle: 830-04-02 to 872-04-22 Here lies, Ravieh (Rav - E - Eh)Satin Cycle: 827- 05-03 to 872-04-22 As I moved the giant slab of stone from the entrance. I took out my lantern, and walked down into the Heart of my Passings.Rusty6 Jun 6, 2014
Jun 3, 2014 Strongly urged to limit the number of diamond Strongly urged to limit the number of diamonds backlittleherb0 Jun 3, 2014
May 29, 2014 Demonsbane in Canada *Dusde0 May 29, 2014
May 12, 2014 As a New Superhero in the Big Leagues: Trust me, the whole elaborate costume and going to the bathroom thing sucks. I guarantee, when you see a hero flying across downtown, or hurling cars at some bank robbers, or ripping a hole in the time/space continuum to disrupt a villain, there is a 90 percent chance that they are doing so while carrying a ten inch plus log around with them, because they just have not had the chance to engage in the elaborate ritual of removing all or part of the costume to drop a deuce... they are all stacked and packed. Unflattering I know, but hey, this is the truth. I don't care how gorgeous you find some of the female heroes with their ultra elaborate costumes and their ethereal gazes, I just know for a fact that they are constantly letting out these little toots and holding back a veritable log jam because it would take them a good forty minutes to get everything off, handle their business, then put everything back on. To be fair, it does not take twenty minutes for all heroes to take off their gear, or at least the parts of the outfit related to what we are talking about here; it all depends on the style of course. The worst offenders always start with the full body, absolutely skin tight unitard; if you see one of those on a hero,then you just know that they are having gastrointestinal issues. Those single piece, full body wraps are killers, I mean, they are so form fitting that you can see the entire muscular definition, right down to the six-pack abs...the hero is wrapped like a sausage casing. There are no two ways about it, if your in the sausage casing based outfit, you are going to have to peel that entire thing off before you can sit on the pot. To make it worse, chances are a hero is going to have way more going on than just the skin tight sausage casing, that is just the foundation of a typical outfit. There can be up to twenty accessories that have to be removed first before you even get to peeling off the unitard. There could be shoulder pads, jet packs, multiple utility belts, elaborate three piece glove/gauntlet combo packs, you name it. My hypothesis is that some of the women heroes may have learned early on that it is easier to go for the sassy bikini based bottom with the thigh high boots for utilitarian purposes only. It seems that management will not really except all female heroes going the shorts and boots rout, I guess because then it starts looking like a theme or uniform and not the "individualistic, yet working together" atmosphere they promote. Only the veteran female heroes who figured this out quickly had their thongs and boots grandfathered in because their look was already established; all the newbs' outfits start with a colored sausage casing as a base then diversify from there. I think the male super heroes have it the worst. Tight buns shorts and boots are just not happening for whatever reason. The only exception seems to be that one guy who can talk to fish and rides the nuclear powered jet ski--he doesn't get called upon that much unless it is a special water based operation--but he gets to wear shorts all of the time and life is good; heck, if he needs to relieve himself, even a number two, he probably just lets it go in the water while pretending to check out his ski's "right rear turbo thruster". His easy access to his own !@# is enviable. The other day was absolutely embarrassing. We were battling this team of villains right in downtown with probably 500 people looking on from behind police lines. Things were going great and we really had the bad guys on the ropes. Then this one new guy, who is your standard super strength type, s**t his pants while he was ripping out a telephone pole to use as a baseball bat. For reasons I will never understand, he went with an all white sausage casing outfit with only his boots, gloves and belt being ultra stylized... bad choice. He pulled the telephone poll out of the ground like a real champ, but in that moment of exertion he had a blow out, and his a** and all down one leg went brown. He had to finish the fight like that, there are no "time outs". This is what happens when heroes can not easily take care of their business, they just keep putting it off all day long, hoping to deal with it when its time to undress for the day. My outfit of the year award goes to this one villain named "Shotgun Pappy", he is just ridiculous and actually kind of awesome. His super power is his absolutely uncanny ability to utilize his pair of sawed off shotguns. I have seen a few "gunnys" as we call anyone who specializes in firearms, but Shotgun Pappy is unique in his style. He wears an old school, one piece. red long underwear complete with the buttoned poop flap thing in the butt and a pair of dusty boots that are not even laced up good. He is straight up out of one of those old western movies where the guy with the scraggly beard and long underwear comes out onto the front porch and starts blasting. He has total style as well as an excuse to have easy access to his a**. All other gunnys I have seen, be it hero or villain, go for the macho soldier look of some kind and again have to deal with taking off tons of stuff to take a crap. I kick $%^, and no one can say that my ability to cook anything within 50 feet of me like an insane microwave oven is run of the mill, so I feel I have the right to change my outfit to something more conducive to taking a leak whenever I feel like it. I am going to march on down to engineering and demand that they redesign my outfit immediately. I don't care that I have had this same look since I joined the team over two years ago and the media is used to it, they are just going to have to get over it. If they give me any -*!@ about it, then I am going to rebel and insist that I be the first male hero to wear short shorts and knee high combat boots and they can just deal with it. WeaponWorld0 May 12, 2014
May 12, 2014 Future Blizzard books we'd like to see Personally, I'd love to see a novel about Zoltan Kulle. I thought he was one of the more interesting characters in D3 and I think his backstory would make a great novel. I loved Arthas: Rise of the Lich King and I think a similar thing could be done for Kulle. Make Kulle the central character and show his fall from a powerful Horadrim to the mad mage he is now. Could even end with his death (I think he'd probably have laughed to the last breath, knowing that someday he'll be back). Speaking of Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, bring Christie Golden back for a Kulle novel. I really like her other work and she's already shown she can do a villain-centred novel with Arthas.HauntedFrog0 May 12, 2014
May 12, 2014 10 *Amazing* Comics Waiting For Ladder :) Courtesy of me :) Have finally been ripping through my backlog of awesome comics and also revisiting some old gems and so here are my pick of the litter. Oh yes, and feel free to add your own suggestions! I'd personally love to find some gem that I haven't as of yet read to fill some time. Rules: - No Manga. Okay, except for one (explanation follows) - The series must have either completed or broken 100+ issues. Nobody likes to get into something and then have it not go anywhere. - These are mostly for mature audiences only. And trust me, at least half of these *will* scar you if you are not ready for them. So, in ascending order of awesomeness. 10) Green Lantern (DC). Rebirth through Blackest Night. Yes, this overlaps a little with another comic I've mentioned here, but in my opinion it deserves to be on this list. The Green Lantern was never one of my favourite heroes until I got into the continuity a few years ago. Despite the crappy movie, it's easily DCs strongest overall recent single comic aside from Batman which is likely why nearly all their big crossover events for a long time were Lantern Based. Not going to go into too much detail here since there is a *lot* of ground to cover, but everything from the return of Hal Jordan in Rebirth, through the Sinestro Corps, War of Light and Blackest Night was solid damn gold and absolutely needs to be read. 9) Civil War (Marvel). Have never been a Marvel fan but this got me into them at last. A brilliantly told crossover involving essentially the entire Marvel universe regarding legislation that forces all superpowered individuals to make their identities known to and be employed by the government. It was really good, really topical reading even now and for fans of the Marvel movies who never really got into the books, it's easily the best place to start. 8) Hitman (Garth Ennis) No, it has no connection to the bald headed videogame character. Probably the least known major Ellis series, which is a pity. While not quite as brilliant as his other stuff (which is like saying 'this prime steak is not quite as delicious as a prime steak with cheese served by a supermodel') it's still a fantastic read. Loosely connected to the DC Universe, it's essentially a story about a mildly superpowered good-at-heart Hitman and his eventual evolution into a semi hero. It's both extremely funny, very touching and pitch black at times and has easily the single funniest supporting character ever to grace a comic book. 7) Punisher MAX (Various). Oh yes. If you saw and enjoyed Punisher: War Zone...this is the series it is very loosely based on. Not all that much to say since the Punisher is a fairly well known character, but this vision of him is the darkest and absolute best yet. The series ran for about 80 issues and ended really well. At least two of the arcs could well be the most movie ready Marvel material yet unseen. 6) Hellblazer (Various). Forget the horrible, horrible Constantine movie. This fantastic saga has some of the best writers and artists in the business, and follows the life, ascension, decline, redemption and struggles of John Constantine, a scam artist and general rogue who, due to his natural skill with demonology and the occult, constantly finds himself drawn into dangerous situations, often with horrible consequences for himself and his friends. It's pretty grim stuff, but well worth reading and is probably the best long-running semi independent book on here. 5) The Walking Dead. Yes, the TV show is okay. But the book that inspired it is far, far, far better. This is the best Zombie Apocalypse story ever told and is still ongoing. If you are a fan of the series or of Dawn of the Dead style zombie movies, read this. Again absolutely not for the squeamish. 4) Transmetropolitan (Warren Ellis). A brilliant story about a counterculture Journalist working in a cyberpunk future, mostly revolving around his quest to bring down first one, then another president. It's part Fight Club, part Blade Runner and part insanely original freaking awesomeness. Very hard series to summarize, but easily one of the best comics ever written. Where to get? The sixty odd issues can be found fairly easily in 10 Volumes. 3) Berserk (Kentaro Miura). Okay, yes. It's a manga. Yes, it's actually pretty hard to find the full series outside of Japan and even harder to find a legal English translation anywhere. But for anyone who likes Diablo, this may be one of the best things you've ever read. Forget the movies and the terrible series - this is *the* gothic fantasy story. Still ongoing. Where to get? Good luck on this one. You can read it online, but I'm never sure exactly how legal that is. Still - if you can, highly recommended. 2) Preacher (Garth Ennis). Yeah. No real explanation needed. If you haven't read this gem, remedy this as soon as possible. Where to get? Like a lot of the comics on this list, you can get the Collected Editions from various online stores. Be warned - I've never met someone who hasn't been at least changed somewhat by reading this. Or at least scarred. 1) The Boys (Garth Ennis). Wait...something on the list above Preacher? Sacriledge! Only...not really. This recently finished and the 80 odd issue run of this absolutely insane, incredibly disturbing and genuinely touching story may be the single best thing I've read in the graphic novel medium. It essentially revolves Hughie, a 30-something Scotsman who's fiance is horribly killed by a superhero. He is recruited by the Boys, a small group of vigilantes who work in the shadows to keep superheroes inline and eventually to prevent their takeover of Earth. The entire thing takes place in a pretty brilliant parody/merger of Marvel/DC universes and serves amazingly well as a gigantic deconstruction of the entire genre. On top of this it's main characters and the conflicts that develop between them are easily on par with Preacher, alongside easily the best written and most believable romance I think I've read in any format, ever. Again, like all of Ennis's stuff - this is absolutely going to scar you. Very, very, very dark stuff ahead. Where to get? Easy to find Collected Editions. So...thoughts? Anything I left off the list?Starbird10 May 12, 2014
May 5, 2014 Where To Find Upcoming books of Diablo 3 Hi, I read Storm of Light, quite an amazing story. I usually read World of Warcraft story line, and I know of a website that lists the up coming book releases of the story line. I want to know whether there is a website like for wow where I can see the titles of the up coming diablo 3 books releases beyond Storm of Light? Thanks.GGGGInfinite1 May 5, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 Storm of Light and reading order Hi all. I've recently decided to get into the Diablo novels, starting off with the Sin War series. Coincidentally I discovered that the Storm of Light had just been released. What really entices me about this book is that I really like Diablo 3 and its lore, and I'm looking forward to RoS a lot. This book sounds like the perfect thing to read before RoS comes out. However, I'm afraid that my experience with the book might not be the best if I haven't read the rest of the novels, or that reading this book now will make it a bit less ideal to read the rest of the books afterwards. What I wish to know is to what extent reading Storm of Light now will affect the continuity of reading through the rest of novels chronologically. If the story is somewhat concentrated around the events of Diablo 3 and RoS, without really benefiting of having read preceding novels, then I'd definitely want to jump on that now. I'd love to hear some input from the novel veterans in here. :)skauert6 Apr 11, 2014
Mar 24, 2014 Novels feat angels and demons? Hi, Can anyone recommend a good dark fantasy novel, featuring angels and demons? Much obliged.Solidpontus7 Mar 24, 2014
Mar 11, 2014 Diablo Books (Mississauga Ontario) Hi all, I'm looking to give away my copies of Diablo books. I live in Mississauga, Ontario and these would be free for someone to pick up. They're great books and I want to pass them on to another Diablo fan to get joy out of them. Contact me if you want to arrange a way to get them. Moon of the Spider The Kingdom of Shadow The Black Road Legacy of Blood The Sin War : Birthright The Sin War : The Veiled Prophet The Sin War : Scales of the Serpent Cheers, Danny dannyDOTmatesicATgmailDOTcomJVDAS2 Mar 11, 2014
Mar 8, 2014 Funny ebay auctions shared this on the Warcraft forums but maybe its more applicable and interesting to people here. Some guy has listed a Book of Cain and Book of Tyreal that are signed by Deckard and Tyreal, the voice actors anyway. Gave me a good laugh! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-of-Tyreal-signed-by-Tyreal-Jonathan-Adams-Epic-Blizzard-Warcraft-/221389271993?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item338bd433b9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Limited-Edition-Book-of-Cain-Legendary-Blizzard-Warcraft-/221389270425?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item338bd42d99 Hope someone finds it funny too.Lilmilian0 Mar 8, 2014
Feb 2, 2014 Storm of Light when is the release date for Storm of light? I thought it wasn't until the 4th, but I just got one from the local book store. Only one this store had, and the label on the back has an inventory date of 1/23/14 also, been reading it for a little bit, part way through chapter 4. Awesome story, highly recommend to anyone is in inclined for this sort of thing.Blaten130 Feb 2, 2014