Brawling

Feb 12, 2013 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Brawling forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III brawling with your fellow Hardcore players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and Guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909110986#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Lylirra1 Feb 12, 2013
Jan 31 PvP Guides, Builds & Tournaments ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ PvP Guides, Builds & Tournaments This is the place where all of the Guides, Builds, Tournaments, Mechanics, Etc. will be compiled for easy access and maximum visibility. Please contribute all you can to this thread with suggestions, improvements, and additional builds! ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ PvP Guides Wizard Saltydog's Wizard PvP Guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10103580594 Witch Doctor TheRisen's Witch Doctor PvP Guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10138324161 Demon Hunter Iria's Demon Hunter PvP Guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10127182655 Monk Scrapz's Monk PvP Guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10262106814 Barbarian MannerCookie's Barbarian PvP Guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770117685 ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════ PvP Streams Wizard Twitch.tv/SaltydizzleDemon Hunter Twitch.tv/Iria1342 Twitch.tv/f0x0nfire ru.Twitch.tv/kokss2555Monk Twitch.tv/fabregashavin Twitch.tv/mafia1745Witch Doctor Twitch.tv/lusitanowdBarbarian Twitch.tv/MannerCookie Twitch.tv/n0f3ar_d3══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ PvP Guilds PayToWin Guild http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796571656 The Brawling Legion http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793109472 ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ PvP Tournaments VC Presents: 5b Pokerface Tribute Tournament http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10357965933 http://www.viciouscattle.com/forum/thread-2367-1-1.html Vicious Cattle http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572937378 http://www.viciouscattle.com/forum/forum-57-1.html Diablo 3 Clan League d3cl.com/en ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ Community Sites Blizzhub (Chat/Tournaments/Forum) Blizzhub.com Vicious Cattle (Forum) viciouscattle.com/forum Diablo 3 Clan League (Forum) d3cl.com/en ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ Stat Simulators Vicious Cattle (Stat Simulator) viciouscattle.com Diablo Progress (Stat Simulator) diabloprogress.com D3up (Stat Simulator) d3up.com ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ Community Creations DerfelCadarn's "The Ten Commandments of PvP http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10025372618 ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ Great Reads Warning: Imposter Mirai http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10104710650 #1 PvP Monk in US http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923693821 PvP Experts Challengehttp://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909111244 ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════Saltydog34 Jan 31
56m So getting one shotted is dueling? Really? I am so disappoint.mercilessdv8291 56m
5d Another look at PVP now that sets rule all? Build diversity is almost non-existant now due to set power, and the main factor holding the team back from coming up with a PVP solution was the fact that this game is based on RNG and a competitive pvp environment calls for a balanced, even playing field. D3 still has an RNG component, but when it comes to classes and builds, they are almost identical. They could simply let us gear ourselves in full primal versions of sets for PVP if they really want a true even playing field, but I still think it would be more fun using our own gear.RDS1 5d
May 19 Whatever happened to PVP? I remember watching early videos before the game was released and they featured 2v2 matches and such, wtf happened to the pvp for this game? Anyone know?Microblast39 May 19
May 19 How do you put PvP in diablo Without making it a moba? Because all the click to move/5 button games I know of are mobas (league, hots, etc) and then there's the big issue of how you balance it, considering most diablo players can do dps equal to their health pool maybe make it grift style, and the first person to complete the rift wins? and there could be "debuff" shrines that debuff the enemy player (decrease in movement speed,damage, etc)Daily33 May 19
May 15 Brawling With White Gear Only Anyone tried this? Does it make more of a fair fight?Thanatos2 May 15
May 8 Can someone please, for the love of God... tell me what is this part of the Forums about? Why not sincerely, out of respect to the players who were exited about a PVP that never came out or are still waiting for one, just remove this part of the Forum area. I am not even counting on a PVP for this game and I still feel laughed at scrolling through the Forum area and looking at the "Brawling" section. I am just like.....Dafek!Theudys3 May 8
Apr 23 D3 seems boring with no competitive PvP Many will disagree with the statement in subject line but for me as a primary PvP player, I feel that Diablo 3 could have been an amazing PvP driven game, if they stuck with it.. If you think about it... why would they add PvP and go through all the trouble at this stage of the games life? The best Blizzard games have competitive PvP in them and they also create more revenue for Blizz: SC2 amazing game even the PvE part. Heroes - amazing game for group pvp Hearthstone- Amazing 1v1 and takes alot of skill Overwatch - amazing dynamics when it comes to the different classes D3 - D3 has amazing graphics for a dungeon crawler and the combat is very nice but that imo doesn't make a good game.. I know this with just brawling for PvP it really gets stale fast unless you play with friends. Now you will say...Oh did you triumph Torment 10 and have all end game gear? What's the point? Seasons are just a major time sync filled with bots...I hate to fume on here but I just need to speak my mind about it... Overwatch will be coming out soon and that will be fun. Why? I played the Beta and never wanted it to end it was so much fun.. It really saddens me about D3 because I've been playing Blizz games since Diablo 1. They got it right with D2 in so many ways.. D2 felt challenging, you had to watch your back at all times from Pk'ers,, Trading meant something..Heck I even liked hanging out in the old bnet channels they had setup for d2.. On a positive note..I know the devs work extremely hard on seasons and the game is PvE focus 100% but for us that like to PvP you have to agree that D3 could of been so much more. Thanks for reading.Purist162016 Apr 23
Apr 22 Brawling PvP Finder The title is the name of this new PvP community.My goal is to create the biggest and most respectful PvP brawling community that everyone can find someone to PvP/Brawl and have fun together!The only "rules" that everyone must accept are to respect everyone,hold a lay back enviroment and hold a fun and mature attitude to eachother!Brawling community is to simply have fun.Feel free to search for this title in game and feel free to join or invite your friends too. Thanks in advance!HellArtisT0 Apr 22
Apr 21 So let me get this straight.. 2008. We are shown "Diablo 3". Monsters climbing walls, your character climbing ladders and doing things and stuff which apparently was all a script sequence of lies to make it look better than it was.. We are shown an arena and PvP....... 2012 D3 launches. Inferno mode.."WE DOUBLED IT WITHOUT EVEN TESTING IT!" We now have a Pay 2 Progress game with no PvP even though PvP is on the box sitting in my closet.Item drops are controlled by the RMAH/AH. All the items ABSOLUTELY SUCK. 2013..we get "cool looking items" with no effects still and "paragon". Game still sucks AH still rules. 2014..RoS announced..new guy leading..new guy seems cool..he wants stronk items and smash demons with power..he also convinces blizz to shut down the AH. A step in the right direction Now..2015..Diablo 3 is shoved into a small corner at blizzcon, barely mentioned..we have some patch content coming up which is not what I personally was looking forward to..the step in the right direction has seemed to come to a halt as this game is still a PvE leaderboard. We have an absolute rampant amount of botting going on which doesn't really matter as trade is dead. And we still have no PvP. So..that game you guys showed us in 2008..with the cool runes and environmental interactables and explosions and PvP..where is that game ?? What exactly did you sell us ? I bought this game entirely for the PvP that was advertised to me so excuse me if I seem rude but I believe that falls under false advertisement as its been three years and this "arena" that was shown to us in 2008 is still non existent and no mentions of it. What exactly am I playing for ? Loot to kill monsters faster to get more useless loot which I can never use in a balanced PvP arena ? Only in stupid 1 click kill brawling ? The disappointment I feel is not easily put into words.Rot84 Apr 21
Apr 21 Easily finding a PVP match/Hostile Button Hi, This thread offers some feedback towards the the current mechanic of finding a pvp match. Finding a PvP room easily --------------------------------- At the character screen and in a private game make a button to que for pvp brawl. When the player found one he/she gets loaded into the training grounds, together with other players that que'd for it. If no one is que'ing you create a PvP Room automaticly just like it is now with PvE rooms. When you press the 'New Tristam' portal you get loaded out into your character screen or private game (wherever you last where and que'd for pvp). Hostile Button ------------------- In the 'Game Settings' menu on the character screen create a button 'Allow Hostility' (just above the 'multiplayer' settings). This allows the player to go hostile towards his fellow players that he join(ed)(s) in the room he is searching for in whatever which category (bounties, rift, grift, keywarden (the brawl tab gets removed ofcourse). If this option isnt selected he will only find rooms where there is no option to go hostile. When the player enters a room with hostility allowed he then needs to go to the esc screen where he can select to go hostile. Which means he can attack whoever he wants. This gets displayed on his portrait (maybe a new image per role to show hostility would be a cool idea). However, if (for example) he alone went hostile every other member can attack that hostile player and NOT damage the other players that DIN'T choose to go hostile. I am convinced these two changes (or one of them) would significantly increase the rate of finding a pvp scenario. Unimportant part: The reason why i make this thread is because i've been playing the game (on and off) since the removal of the Acution House. Since then i havent been able to find one brawl room where someone is actually brawling or willing to. Again, i am sure with these two reasonable mentioned changes above there will be a big increase in pvp duels. The addition of the Armory allowing the option to min max builds towards pvp is bigger then ever. Kind Regards, Rekkn_Rekkn0 Apr 21
Apr 16 Would love to see a MOBA style map for PVP I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I think aside from something akin to CTF, a great PVP mode would be something based on a MOBA map, with lanes and towers to destroy. They could use in-game assets like the lightning pillar for towers and for creeps. Experience from killing creeps could translate into your character going from level 1-20, with each level granting an extra X% to your stats, with level 1 being your heroes regular stats. I think a key part would be retaining your heroes identity/abilities, and not having it reduced down to a "template" to ensure an even playing field. The only complex thing I see would be matchmaking... ie. you don't want to go up against someone in full ancient gear if you don't have any. I think this wouldRDS2 Apr 16
Apr 11 quick fix for brawling Disabling all set and legendary powers, debuffing all skills allowing only weapon damage to matter. Allowing for basically some form of hand to hand combat based on weapon damage and armor. Removing all loh and life regen. Disable paragon. No potions or only 1 potion. Ranged toons are returned 50% more damage reduction to par up with the brutes. Maybe even making it worth while, the loser drops a tiny bit of gold. I'd much rather have it be an ear but beggars can't be choosers. This could even be a cheap way to share gold with newbs who need it. It's account bound so it wouldn't be going anywhere else but shens, haedrigs, myriams or oreks pocket. Does orek even have pockets?Exodus8 Apr 11
Mar 28 Let's make brawling part of diablo 3 Currently on PTR we can check out the new armory. This armory allows us to save certain builds for your characters and name them. In other words: this allows us to save a pvp build for our favorite classes and switch to our pvp build in a second. I propose that everyone who loves pvp creates / joins brawling games more often than we do now. If enough people brawl in public games, it can become a part of diablo 3. And don't forget, you don't have to wait for people to join, you can just create a new brawling game, complete some greater rifts in your PvE build, and switch to your PvP build if someone joins. Only thing we need are: 1. some standardized rules on what you may use in public brawling. For instance: Only rare items + normal gems are allowed. 2. One difficulty level where most of the brawl games should be created so everyone can find eachother more easily. I vote for Torment I.FinKingma2 Mar 28
Mar 24 Invasion as a new PvP mechanic Can we "borrow" a dark souls themed PvP mechanic where you can "invade" other's games as an enemy with rewards for killing other players? Obviously Greater Rifts would not be an invasion target. While we are at it, PvP would need a damage reduction so it isn't Almost ALWAYS who hits who first. This would be a really fun mechanic!Mathyas1 Mar 24
Mar 24 Invasion as a new PvP mechanic Xpost from brawling forums because, well, no one reads those anymore... Can we "borrow" a dark souls themed PvP mechanic where you can "invade" other's games as an enemy with rewards for killing other players? Obviously Greater Rifts would not be an invasion target. While we are at it, PvP would need a damage reduction so it isn't Almost ALWAYS who hits who first. This would be a really fun mechanic!Mathyas2 Mar 24
Mar 24 Normalized PVP in Diablo 3 Diablo is all about items.. sure is! However, it's clear that PVP is pretty much useless the way it is unless they put countless months into balancing which clearly they won't. So this brings up to the point of: Would you play a normalized stats/damage version of PVP in Diablo 3. Basically it's really down to all having the same damage output and stats. It would be based on choosing your skills and use tactics to defeat the enemies. the rewards would be resources that is already being used in high end crafting of items in Diablo 3 and other transmog items. it's the way Overwatch works(in terms that everyone has the same heroes and damage output/etc.), it's the way the new WoW PVP works and I think that game mode would be very popular in actually seeing who is the better player. I think the only downside is the players who wish to one shot kill people cause it makes them feel like they are better even though if you switch the items around, you'd be getting wrecked without a doubt.BADD4 Mar 24
Mar 22 Pvp Proposal "Why Not" Devs, A main aspect of the game that is missing that would help players come back. Inviting back nostalgia and creating new additions to franchise memory. PVP. Events. Overwatch innovations. Fight Night in D3 livestreams. Team battle: Solo Combat: Battle Royale: What is stopping you? Balance>Gear> or funding? "solvable problems are problems solvable given motivation" i would pay for a real addition of PVP content similar to DLC "necro xpac". Add a character to help the sale....pss " druid or amazon,fallen angels" sstt Ranking system, Season ladders. Different bonus abilities of old sets for pvp season! Or New ones farmed though playing. Overwatch sees success in its format that could help broaden gameplay for players. WoW,Overwatch. Do this greatly. Include Diablo 3 PVP events at the Blizzcon . Please read this/edit . Send it to those who can make the proposal. Think big. We are Diablo players! Yes i know you guys play *point and wink* Thank youArchKnightz2 Mar 22
Mar 18 PvP fix Since damage numbers are so bloated, just make it so people won't get one shot. For example, you enter brawling ground for 1 minute, whoever damage the other player the most (have a meter) when the timer end wins! And you don't die in brawling ground.parsonli9 Mar 18
Mar 17 Survey: Would you play a balanced D3 PvP ? This is just a survey to check the amount of people would like or not to have this feature. Do you agree with a nice PvP for Diablo 3 ? Yes Answer: Just thumb up and post yes to keep post fresh and if you wish you can post why you would like. No Answer:Just thumb down and post no to keep post fresh and if you wish you can post why you would not like. This is just to make one pre-liminar statistic from Forum to check what players think about it. A lot people state D3 players would not like to have a nice PvP and they say PvP community is zero. So to check a real minor statistic this survey is being made.PardalBR12 Mar 17
Mar 15 Woah people are in this section? I was very surprised to see so many posts in brawling. It is NOT going to be even close to what it was for D2... it cant.. the damage dealt compared to defensive capabilities are way higher in D3... i haven't played a brawl in forever, but if i had to guess, it's a game of who can one shot the other the fastest?BBopMcJiggy3 Mar 15
Feb 24 PvP - Players upgrade mobs for other players I don't know if it's a good idea, or if it could even be done but I think it would be awesome to have the option to upgrade the mobs for your friends/other players, to make it more challenging. If it could be done, have the option for players to enable "PvP - Player Mob Upgrades" or not to and play just the regular PvE. I hope this makes sense. The idea is in no way completely thought out, but I think it could be a good addition to the game so I thought I'd share it and see what everyone else thinks.SkyGod3 Feb 24
Feb 14 looking for people to PvP hi everyone ! i am looking for some people to pvp with, here is the concept : -yellow gears -regular gems ( not legendaries ) -no paragon points -kanai's cube its no longer a 1 hit kill but becomes an actual exchange of hits before someone actually dies which is a much bigger improvement. i'm simply looking for something different to do then just doing rifts and mess around with build that wouldn't be viable normally and use different skills. anyone would like to give it a try as well ?MySelf21 Feb 14
Feb 14 Brand new PvP and a Clan Ladder for Winners. I do not know what players want from PvP. But I can say I didn't know what I wanted until I thought this all up. Keep an open mind. The proposal consists of four parts. Spectation, Betting, Dueling, and Some Definition of PvP. Certain Facts on the Arena: -It is an enclosed space. -Spectators are in a nearby enclosed space and can see into where the duelers are. Spectators can NOT walk or teleport into the battlefield to distract the duelers. 1) Spectation Specators watch the match. A specator may attempt to learn from or just enjoy their favorite players dueling. Or maybe they watch just for the thrill of duelists dominating. Spectation fee is 100 gold multiplied by your Character Level -After the duelists have both entered the arena and chosen not to abandon their duel, then spectators will start to be contacted. -You will be given a pop-up message to TP to town (safely), with a portal to return to where you were before. You may decline. -No refund if you decline or fail to show-up to watch a duel. -Talk to the Brawler NPC they will send you to the spectating balcony. Enable your numpad and use your numpad's number keys to emote how you feel during the duel. Did you know: You can already perform emotes in D3 by doing just what I said? 2) Betting Duelers may bet on themselves but not their opponent. Betting fee is 100 gold multiplied by the Character Level of the current highest Character Level who has already bet. -You do not get to spectate unless you paid the spectation fee too. -However your winnings will be deposited if you correctly bet as long as you are still in the same game. (No need to return to town to get it.) The winnings you can expect to get is 1 over the number of other successful betters multiplied by: the total gold spent on the event! Meaning you could get more money than you bet just from two Dueists going at it even if no one else bet or paid to spectate. 3) Dueling Simply it is 1 on 1. Three rounds. No draws. The winner get a free repair. Basically durability loss is to be expected! This change may make perfect since because there needs to be one physical way we feel defeated. Dueling fee is simply 100 gold multiplied by your Character Level. -By dueling you are given an opportunity to earn a fraction of what is called a Rating Point (RP). You get one point after beating up to 10 unique players. -Duelers who have a high amount of RP will begin to gain credit for their Clan, known as boosting the Clan's Reputation. One reward for your character personally will be unlocking original PvP Banner Accents according to your RP. The Clan Reputation of all Clans gets reset seasonly even if it is not Seasonal Characters doing the dueling. This allows new and active clans to overthrow ladder positions of old yet less active Clans. For consistent active Clans there will be an additional statistic showing longevity of the Clans Dominance which never gets reset. Your ability to enter a duel with someone else is restricted by how many Paragon Levels and Character Levels apart you are. I would recommend players that want to see large differences get sent to the current Brawling arena to bully much lower levels or get pwnt by much higher levels. Duels officially begin after 5 elapsed minutes of two players agreeing to start one. When timer reaches zero it is necessary for both duelers to accept TP back to town for duel-event to begin. If you're that guy who abandons the duel, you get no refund. In fact what happens will be the others who paid in some way will get refunds + your gold. 4) Some Definition of PvP. Here I provide a new type of PvP for a Diablo game. I do this incase the devs would say adding all the above as part of a "modified Brawls" is too risky. Everyone here seems to strongly appreciate combat with the PvE monsters. Then we will let that be the competition in this new PvP. At a minimum it will include durability loss. As that likely factors into D3's PvE formula inescapably. There will be three rounds. A round is defined as fighting against increasing adversity until someone dies first. Till now it has been said that the D3-devs are skeptical of doing more with PvP because the skills are too RNG-based. Fine. Why not just go with this: Have the dueling players not duel each other directly but battle to prove their superiority at fighting monsters. It all works by spawning in two separate but EQUALLY MIRRORED groups of monsters. The players will be separated by a wall. Basically: New waves of monsters keep spawning in but get more difficult after both players each successfuly survive the last wave(s). 5) Want an alternative to (4) because it's boring, too abstract or too much effort? Just do (1), (2), (3) but outfit Brawls to conform to the new changes. Parting note: Given time to grow into maturity on a public testing realm I firmly believe this is not just some way to generate gold but that it will be gold. Because whether its modified Brawls or two players showing how long they can last against a harder and harder PvE in an enclosed space, you have to admit this does make Clans mean something.herovillain111 Feb 14
Feb 7 Please do something for PvP I played D2 for 8ish years off and on, what kept me willing to login every 90 days to keep my account alive was PvP. Running Baals/Chaos for items was not the long term entertainment. Trade was another aspect that kept me around but I can't say I miss spamming channels or going into games saying "WUG WUG WUG?" or posting on forums. When this game was announced it displayed an arena type mode. When the game was released it was clear that PvP was not going to be viable. When RoS was announced it was understood that the expansion in combination with the AH closing was solely in an effort to fix the abysmally boring PvE/Base game. RoS succeeded in that respect. With the closing cut scene in RoS another Diablo expansion is hinted. I find myself returning every 2 seasons or so to play..some people play constantly to top the leader board every season. PvE has been entertained. I post this hoping a dev or intern or someone sees it and passes it along..we could really use a PvP revamp. With the way the game and items are set up it is going to require a "PvP penalty" to stats/percents/skills to be viable and not a one shot fest as brawling currently is. Perhaps even a totally different type of gear as well, a new stat related solely to PvP or something. The point I am making is that PvE has had a constant flow of development while PvP was given a really poor "arena" with absolutely zero care taken into the idea and was pushed just in hopes of shutting people up about no PvP. Every season new items are introduced, adjustments are made and soon we will be getting the Necro class..I sincerely hope the Diablo team considers doing something MAJOR for PvP..it would bring a big breath of life to the game for those people like me who simply see no long term goal in constantly moving up in GRifts and nothing more. RoS makes me feel like I am playing my class finally. PvE progression feels good but beating up on high tier monsters doesn't bring the same joy as beating up players. This would be no easy task and I am not expecting perfect balance but at the moment its just simply dumb, lackluster, lazy and disappointing much like the vanilla game's PvE, would be nice if you guys set out to fix this and make PvP an entertaining aspect of the game finally.Rot2 Feb 7
Feb 5 Where is D3 PVP Arena? Four years ago you guys promissed us this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzD9Zf0CDY0 Where is it? I can't find. Will you make me buy ANOTHER xpansion to have this feature?Hanner87 Feb 5
Feb 3 Hidden PVP arena / bgs PVP arena?? cant find a way to get into this and alot of players are equally puzzled is it a lost map hidden harder to find than the cow map??? ive only found some lame brawler zone that Nek takes us to and its pretty dull and no rewards or even scaled damage :o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzD9Zf0CDY0 PLZ WE NEED A BLUE POST jokes aside .. actual pvp arenas bgs or even dungeons to fight other players whilst going thru monsters/boss fights would be epic.. im blessing you blizzard but you dont owe me a dime just do it for us DtardsJohnny0 Feb 3
Jan 27 PvP is broken Hello. I don't know if dmg reduction works, but even my thorns dmg one-shots my friends. What is fun about that.ZyraLisandra4 Jan 27
Jan 27 PVP Matchmaking The developers need to make a matchmaking system so that we can actually brawl on demand, we just click a button and now were locked into a fight. There will be problems but my point is that they need to do something about it. The first step the developers need to take to make pvp better is to add a matchmaking system for it.Thrall1 Jan 27
Jan 22 Petition - just add dmg reduction This is a PETITION, They promised us pvp arena before they release the game. All the fans of the Diablo franchise please JOIN the crusade :) Im not expecting miracle, just add more DMG reduction to a brawling. It doesnt matter the balance its about fun and new content. So my suggestion is to icrease DMG REDUCTION much more, add 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 modes, maybe some new enviroment except the graveyard ( You can use the one from the bounty ), and thats it for the beggining - for season 10, other things You can add later (matchmaking based on paragon lvl, tournaments in season etc ). We need enormous support for this, so i appeal to all diablo players to support this idea. Blizzad take this idea into a deep consideration, its not a big deal for You, but for the players it means much more... See you in sanctuary.NEMANJA3 Jan 22
Jan 15 Add PvP Options for All Legendary Gems Take all legendary gems and create a PvP text. So you could create Quest or Missions or what you want to evolve the Gem PvP level. So use these Gems to balance PvP. To neutralize and equalize each green set power in the % required to balance PvP. Example: BANE OF THE TRAPPED Legendary Gem Increase damage against enemies under the effects of control-impairing effects by 15.00%. Gain an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies within 15 yards by 30%. (Requires Rank 25) #Press Shift to check PvP Effects. Account Bound Unique EquippedPardalBR0 Jan 15
Jan 15 Pvp format So anyone here wants to pvp but we will never get it. If we want it we must adapt what we have and make certain rulesets to balance or at least make an attempt. Limit paragon points. Make every person have to use only certain paragon points. Everyone must max movement speed, resist all, defense, life and maybe life per second. All the rest of your paragon points must be then put into vitality nothing else. To make it fair, higher paragon levels should scale their vitality down to equal their opponents. With no damage stats or the OP CDR, it cuts down on the zergfest. Socket for all toughness and stack mitigation and duels wont end instantly especially if people are forced to socket life in helm and the rest resists This isn't perfect, and it takes away some "customization and diversity," but it's a good idea and a startPsYk1K0 Jan 15
Jan 9 An arena generator Did ever play a game with a map generator tool? Like Civilizzation or Worms for example... I would love something like that for Diablo brawling. Make a npc mage-like who can "generate" randomly an arena for the player with option about the map (setting location, area extension, number of barriers, traps, shrines, mobs, etc), about rules, (cap for damages, health points or resistances, modifications on classes, effects or cooldown, skills or items permitted and other stuff like that) and type of game (freeforall, team deathmatch, etc.). Then make possible save the ruleset in order to share it with communities, let people try it, rate it and make reviews of it....Basically i suggest a simplified sc2 arcade. In this way, there will be a real pvp without the need for balance: players will decide which ruleset is better for them.Tyrion0 Jan 9
Jan 8 Pvp, is finally coming. I lied. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15354897070 What a god damn waste of disposable time. Frog it looks like i'll be seeing you on HS real soon, and mirai the community is yours. Good luck gentlemen.ShinFuuma8 Jan 8
Jan 8 No death but timer There is no way to balance sets or stats and one reasone it os fun because of stats. So remove hp just show total damage inflicted. Then use hp as a subtraction plus any regen health globes as subtraction as well. Then add immunity ability and attack that can rechannell the damage backStryker2 Jan 8
Dec 27 Constructive idea for PvP Arena in Diablo 3 ... I like to suggest the following strategy: add the very basic PvP arena implementation to the PTR work closely together with the community to improve it step by step use a feature toggle to keep it in PTR so you can keep improving it, even if it's not good enough to go live after one or two PTR's keep the PvP Arena code seperate from the PvE code as much as possible add console commands available to players in the PTR only with which they can configure several PvP parameters, like damage reduction factor, enable/disable healing and enable/disable gear related and other randomness factors multiple console commands can be used in a single line using a seperator, enabling easy copy/paste of PvP parameters when in town console commands can be used to generate an arena map with different sizes and layouts when adding functionality make it configurable when deciding to 'go left' make it easy to 'go right' later on if going left didn't work out Imo the developers have to believe building a Diablo 3 PvP arena can be done and that it's worth it. Start small, use small iterations. Trust the community to know what's fun.MKIII0 Dec 27
Dec 22 Make PvP Great Again - Plan Balance PvP Okay so i want to make a Balance PvP - where there is a banned item list. (start with banning all Set items, since that most of them gives a ridiculous amount of sustain or dmg). So we get a longer fight where there is a chance of comeback and not just 1 sec KO's. Non Socket weapons. Find the item level where you don't one shot all as the current state of the pvp. For Example: Lower the lvl of weapons and offhand. also lower the armor a bit so that we don't get like op thorns/Regen builds, but still the opportunity to make them - but lvl 70 regen and thorns are a bit overpowered if we nerf dmg output. Maximum cd reduction (could be like 35%) Or only one in headgear. Gems in armor to make up to player - so that some can go dmg or tanky, opportunity for the player to customize their Brawler. Things that needs to be tested: * Spells/runes * items * LvL of weapons. * LvL of Armor. * LvL of socket Gem. * Legendary gems * Cube effects. * CD reduction * Regenstats * Other things that will make the experience bad for players. Cube Rules: banned legendary effects that are to powerful. To achieve this we need to assemble a team that wants to try things out for balance and gear check. A example that i tried is if a player use a lvl 15-20 weapons vs full lvl 70 armor gear (without a lot of regen) the fight is more interesting, more skill involved and you can take around 15- 30 hits before going down with a 300% Dmg spell. Cheating: As we all know some ppl like to cheat and one thing that i easily could think that some would abuse is the Item LVL reduction on items so that they would use gear that is higher lvl. Future plans - if ppl are interested. Make a leaderboard with matches/ win/lost. Brawler rules. Best out of 5 That means 3 wins you win - 3 death you losses. If you are interested in this please contact me here on the thread or add me in game. Best regards Viggo306Viggo3063 Dec 22
Dec 20 regarding CosmicWings. 1아우씨아시아0 Dec 20
Dec 15 Yah they can delete this topic tab there is no pkShogunRob1 Dec 15
Dec 12 PVP is feasible There is a way to add pvp AND prolong the playability of the game. The reason why there is no pvp is probably because how insanely one's damage output has grown and I don't even want to think about what happens to your corpse when you are hit for quite literally billions of damage. Back to basics! The good old times when your character hit for 3 damage... okay maybe not that far, but if you were to disable sets and legendaries for pvp then the damage is reduced to nothing. Now this idea ties in with this suggestion to prolong the playability of the game: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742174118 If you don't want to click, the thread was basically suggested that set dungeons be revamped in the following manner: - no objectives, but a set amount of monsters in each dungeon (200-300). - the dungeon difficulty is the equivalent of a level 55 greater rift ( torment 11) - once you've killed ALL the monsters, the "rift guardian" appears. - to master the dungeon, you need to clear the entire dungeon before time runs out (maybe without dying?) AND THE BEST PART - new unique bosses that use glorified versions of the set bonuses and relevant skills as well (so that you get to fight against your set) The numbers can be tweak, but the concept offers a much more thrilling way to master the awesome sets we get to use. So what does this have to do with pvp? Well it was suggested later on in the thread that the set dungeon bosses drop unique crafting material to craft a new legendary item thus giving re playability value to the dungeons. So I thought instead of dropping crafting material, the set dungeon bosses could drop pvp sets! Each pvp set piece should ressemble this: IE.: DEX [261 - 300] VIT [361 - 400] DMG [ 51 - 70] DMG RED. [4% - 5%] (for a total of 45% dmg reduction per set. i'm not sure if maybe it should be increased just to be safe and prevent one shots. No crazy effects or insane dps, just plain and simple hand to hand combat. As for paragon levels, the logical course of action would be the produce a matchmaking system but we all hate that so I think the solution is no paragon. Just a level 70 character with basic stats for survivability. So there you have it, it may not seem like much but imagine someone playing through the campaign then unlocking adventure mode, hitting level 70 and getting your character farmed up to fight the set dungeon bosses to unlock pvp gear. It should be easily 400+ hours of gameplay and for us veterans it's still a nice new game mode.Ayreon16 Dec 12
Dec 12 We need a Diablo 4 with a Diablo 2 pvp mode We need a Diablo 4 with a Diablo 2 pvp mode. We want to choose stats and skills like in Diablo 2 for more individuality. We want to fight (pvp) in every area. We want a good pvp balance like in Diablo 2. We want a pvp ladder - a ranking with wins and losses for every player, like in the duel league back in the days. There was honorable 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 fights, and it was great. We want pvp tournaments as a supported part of the game. Answer with "thats it", if you agree. Probably they take this serious if the response is big enough.Eisenbieger2 Dec 12
Nov 22 PvP aspect Just an idea for future expansions or addons. To introduce a PvP open world environment where players can battle each other on the different maps and levels while questing the storylines or even just a world pvp zone would be good in my opinion. Players should have the option to toggle PvP on/off could be an idea. . Players paragon levels in PvP combat would be set to zero for a fair go. What are your thoughts to a new expansion or an add on to the game? Anyone want to back me up with thisSIKUNT24 Nov 22
Nov 21 How to make PvP work they could just make it like seasons , 1 you have to make a new char 2 pvp gear 3 voila this way the can balance everything from henceforthTiger15 Nov 21
Nov 16 a different type of PvP... Hi everyone YGPvP is a new and different type of PvP. its all about having fun and sometimes doing something else other then constantly grinding GRs. here's the concept : -no legendaries -no sets -no legendary gems -no paragon points what we use : -yellow gears -gems -kanai's cube why ? its because most of use will agree that the current PVP system in D3 is broken and is simply constantly a one hit kill fest. instead with some minor changes on your gears will provide much more freedom over what you want , you can pick the skill / build you want , not the ones the game tells you to because of some bonus . if you want to do that weird build that you wanted , go ahead. be as original as you want. to the core its all about having fun . also the simple fact or constantly using yellow solves several problems -they are dirt cheap to make -in less then 5 minutes you can be fully geared up -you no longer have to grind hours to get that one gear -rolls on yellows are also cheap as hell -the matches are no longer one hit kill but mostly a good number of exchanges before someone actually dies. -you still keep your legendary effect, you simply select 3 from your cube . also removing the paragon points also fix and other thing , a new player isn't going to have a gigantic gap of handicap while playing a veteran player which most game have. this is something different yes ill agree and i know new and different isn't for everyone lol but for those who sometimes gets a bit tired of grinding for hours just for that one item , you're welcome to try something fun and refreshing. Myself1883 YGPvP have a great day everyone !MySelf4 Nov 16
Nov 14 new balance pvp anyone of you here interested in balance build pvp , to avoid getting 1 shot brawls, new rules no ring Convention of elements, u can still use set items but no full 6 set bonus since its to OP, and no use of toxic gems since it bugs after death, and bleed gems, just old fashion balance pvp, if anyone is interested just message me i'm ready to go XDDDodge5 Nov 14
Nov 12 PVP in Diablo We have brawling in diablo which is cool, but is not very fun because players just 1-shot eachother. What could be done in my opinion and I've seen this elsewhere as well, that the solution would be damage reduction, a simple buff added to the players within the arena that would reduce the damage done to eachother. My first thoughts were reducing the damage output of the hero, but that must be much harder because there are heroes damaging with thorns damage etc... So i came to a conclusion that a buff on the hero that reduces all incoming damage by X% is the most simple thing to do. Not hard to code in my opinion (it mustn't be) and simple. I think this simple change would generate new builds to try out, single target abilities would be used at last etc... Just think of the possibilities of not 1 shotting your opponent even with the worst gear in the game. Picture: http://i.imgur.com/dW1paU7.pngnyugger1 Nov 12
Nov 12 PvP Tournament? - Lets Start One Hi All, I think there is definitely a lot of people that want to PvP.... so lets do it. With the current system and UI it would be difficult to stream or record but an actual tournament is feasible. It would be a 1v1 "king of the mountain" type tournament but it would be great to get a small community going. I will happily put it all together if enough people signup. At the end of the day there is no real reward except everyone knowing you are the current champ. Rules (please provide suggestions) - We can do a random bracket for opponents - Best of 5 matches (hopefully enough games to allow people to adapt talents) Thoughts? Want to play?Josh2 Nov 12
Nov 12 PvP : Tested solution i tested out a quick theory i had why is the PvP system so broken ? mainly because of the broken OPness of the items we wear. what if we take out all those sets and legendary and legendary gems our of the picture. we can still use regular gems and kanai's cube to get the desired effect of some legendary items and we remove all paragon points. many will dislike the idea, but i did tested it and honestly was good, as we could at least hit each other about 10 times before someone died lol. i know it doesn't fix the initial problem , but if we really want PvP, WE should had figured a way to do it . anyone else got a legit suggestion to fix the issue ?MySelf0 Nov 12
Nov 12 PvP Arena Problem Solved! Allow only levels 1 to 30 characters to enter the PvP Arena. By doing so, there isn't a lot of balancing needed to be done to make this arena happen and is feasible to do in a few months. Plus, this would avoid the crazy, insane damages higher levels like 70's can do. Of course disabling high levels gems is must, possibly consumables (or give it higher cool down time), and other obvious items that would be to over powering to a PvP fight. There can be tiers such as level 10's only, 20's only, 30's only, etc. And if these tiers take too much time to balance and roll out, Blizzard can just start with up to level 10's only and see how it goes. Another benefit to this idea is that crafting lower level items will be viable again. There isn't a lot of item selection when it comes to legendaries in the lower levels so crafting a perfect rare weapon or ring to complete your build would be an appealing idea to PvP enthusiasts. And if you're Hardcore and you die in the PvP Arena, you lose your character of course! To me, PvP was always the end game in Diablo 2. The hunt for loot to perfect my PvP character one part the fun and the second part was winning. Lastly, here's a 2v2 PvP Arena Gameplay to help jog your memory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk Well, what do YOU think? I'd love to hear the community's thoughts.Ultros1 Nov 12