AH did affect item drop rates. PROOF

General Discussion
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150764997?page=3#49

Okay now its being deleted, FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME.

Why dont you go take a dump behind KFC in a trash can or something, it would be more productive for society then a diablo III auction house.
Did you even read the post that you linked?

My guess is no.
And this was the main concern of the self found/no AH crowd. I didn't care if there was an AH, i cared that i couldn't farm gear because the drops were so terribly low. They could give me an AH checkbox at character creation that upped drops 5000% and I would be happy with that.

If they coded it well they could have even allowed no AH and AH players to play games together, they would just have to disable trade and the ability for an AH person to pick up items that a no AH person dropped on the ground.

Oh and separate the stash ofc.

My guess is no.

Sounds like you didnt comprehend the post you read.

I take it you scored poorly on standardized reading tests.

My guess is no.

It does say that the AH affected drop rates... just not dynamically which is what some are confused about.
And this was the main concern of the self found/no AH crowd. I didn't care if there was an AH, i cared that i couldn't farm gear because the drops were so terribly low. They could give me an AH checkbox at character creation that upped drops 5000% and I would be happy with that.

If they coded it well they could have even allowed no AH and AH players to play games together, they would just have to disable trade and the ability for an AH person to pick up items that a no AH person dropped on the ground.

Oh and separate the stash ofc.

Hey +1

My guess is no.

It does say that the AH affected drop rates... just not dynamically which is what some are confused about.

Play Console version (with no auction house) and tell me drop rates aren't affected by the auction house.

Kthnx.

Play Console version (with no auction house) and tell me drop rates aren't affected by the auction house.

Kthnx.

These pro AH guys simply cannot comprehend how AH forced drop rates to be garbage and destroyed the game.
09/18/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Sol
nice nam,e

Spank you.
The AH never affected drop rates and the OP proved it.
09/18/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Conrad420

It did and didn't.

It didn't in the sense of changing drop rates on-the-fly.

It did as in overall drop rates were lowered to accommodate for an extra way of acquiring loot.

Question is, now that Blizzard is removing it, can drop rates be "normalized" ahead of the March removal date (preferably now)?
The comparison of items in AH/RMAH made idiots think drop rates and loot affected. Because when they identify item, which is suppose to give stat of the drop rate, gave them a scrap legendary and rare item. How do they know its scrap? They have the knowledge of the best items in RMAH/AH.

BTW RMAH/AH have 100% good item drop rate just pay $.

I don't have to grind like Miley Cyrus for gold in long hours to the point of no !@#$%^.

Kthnx.

These pro AH guys simply cannot comprehend how AH forced drop rates to be garbage and destroyed the game.
It didnt force anything... Their greed led them to nerf drop rates and make conveluted lottery item affixes rolls.
The existence of the AH meant they had to make finding good gear take much longer than what it should have been. People who disagree are wrong, this isn't an opinion its fact and is backed up the what Bashiok said, the console version and even D2.

This is why the console version is so much better, because you can find your own gear at a much faster rate. In D2 it was similar, easy to grind out very good gear. No one wants to spend 2000 hours grinding on one single character to deck him out. It ruined the game.

It did and didn't.

It didn't in the sense of changing drop rates on-the-fly.

It did as in overall drop rates were lowered to accommodate for an extra way of acquiring loot.

Question is, now that Blizzard is removing it, can drop rates be "normalized" ahead of the March removal date (preferably now)?

True, But this is specifically blizzards doing and not the fault of the auction house. They got greedy and wanted as much money as possible. Auction houses work perfectly in all kinds of other games/real life but for some reason some people think it can't work here.

I just find it hilarious these people are blaming the AH when it has nothing to do with the AH and has everything to do with Blizzard trying to make an extra buck from us, If player weren't forced into using the AH due to horrible drops most people wouldn't even bother complaining about it even if they did have a problem with it.

Why dont you go take a dump behind KFC in a trash can or something, it would be more productive for society then a diablo III auction house.

The drop rates has been upped half a dozen times since that post.

Whatever effect AH might have played into the decision for setting the rates have long been negated.

The drop rates has been upped half a dozen times since that post.

Whatever effect AH might have played into the decision for setting the rates have long been negated.

Which is why they are deleting auction house because it doesnt effect anything right?
Bashiok quote: "we have to factor in how many items are being found by players and how quickly a player can gear up by 'sourcing' items from others through trade and the convenience of the gold auction house."

Another quote: "It would be rather poorly thought out if we balanced drops completely ignoring all of the ways players can gear up, and trading is certainly one of them."

This pretty much says it all....

In other words.. they based the drop rates around the existence of the AH, PERIOD.