So no more auctions house cards at Walmart?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
So considering this was supposedly considered strongly before the decision was made. Why is it Blizzard can offer no information about the shutdown except the date? Nothing about how it will work, nothing about what improvements will be made to trading etc. You'd think such an important decision would have been fully though out before being committed to.Also, give us a blue sponsored thread to condense the ah discussions into, it's flooding the forums. Regardless of what you guys say, I do not consider this a done deal and will fight this change until it's repealed or I am forced to quit when it goes live

It's simple how it works they turn it off, done deal. Just like when anything goes out of business, that's the end people deal with it and move on. If you have cash stuck in the RMAH and don't get it out well they covered their selves with making everyone agree to the news upon logging in. No one can say they didn't know aside from people who have already stopped playing and something tells me that they don't care at all anyway.
lol... This is a perfect example of exactly what is wrong with this company.

op says "Hey i just supper supported your games and was about to include tons of other people into the happyness of purchases. Now I am uncerctain... Whats going down?"

Instead of saying summoning a decision maker and saying "Hey! No worries! We are the second best gaming company in the world! We got your back! If you dont feel comfy you can get a full refund right now! Or you can wait and see what we have planned but *Insert tons of PR bullcrap*"

They hit this loyal customer with "Soon"

Wilson built this company on the foundation of a "They need more toilet paper" attitude. Its still in the framework of the company. Have look as clean as possible from the outside and ignore the hardcores. They cater to new customers and placate existing ones with words as much as possible. Talk is cheap after all.
You all have fallen for the trap... they are trying to make us forget about pvp!!!!! which actually im not a hardcore player at all lol, but I do enjoy battling people even if I get my face stomped in, I have a prego wife, I use to spend 10-15 hours a day easily on diablo 2, when I was younger. But I saw someone post 300 hours to hit paragon lvl100, that is about 20-30 weeks for me since I don't play that often just if the wife wants to watch something boring I don't care for, or she goes out with friends.... etc... I used the gold auction house it was nice to buy when I didn't have the time to look or farm for hours on end like I use too. But all that being said... I look forward to loot2.0 and hopefully it isn't a joke. --- I don't play d3 anymore and stopped awhile ago and looking forward to he expansion.
You opened with a patently false premise, which is that you NEED the auction house to progress in this game. The reality is that you can build a character in 5 pieces of BIS or nearly BIS gear quite easily farming inferno act 1 mp0 by abusing the overpowered account bound crafting, the patterns for which drop readily from bosses.

He clearly addressed that here:

09/21/2013 08:49 AMPosted by ODDBALL
Its either use it or quit (or be a masochist and spend literally 14 months making it to P100)

I want to address something that you DOOM seem to find of merit, the 30% of players who wanted the AH to stay. That 30% is NO WHERE CLOSE to the demographic of players who bought the game and quit or refused to buy the game because of the AH.

A significant portion of the players that have left D3 have left because the AH is the only viable means to good gear, and because of this easy access to good gear, improving the drop rates with the AH still intact is not possible.

So the less than 30% who want the AH (nobody left the game because they liked the AH) is somehow supposed to be catered to again with over 70% of the player base once again being dissatisfied?

Your 30% looks something like this if this site has any merit on how many active players there are:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.408614-Diablo-III-Infographic-Shows-2-1-Million-Players-Still-Log-On-Daily

630000 of 2100000 want the auction house to stay

6800000 copies were sold, so that means 6170000 exist outside of those that want the AH. How many of those do you think stopped playing because of the AH? Talk about running something by a minority...

You won't agree because you are biased to this demographic, but you can not really justify catering to such a small minority (>30%).
waaa waaa, the AH is evil even tho the gear bought from there cant be used against me.

ps. can i have some free gold?
the game still drops more then often enough to play it without ever touching the ah. The account bound patterns make it even easier.

If that were true than why do you want an AH?

the game still drops more then often enough to play it without ever touching the ah

By that logic, the AH is not necessary.

I've decided I will go kill mp10 mobs for one paragon level, saving the best barb gear that drops only during this time, and then using said gear I will rebuild my barb, using no auction house at all, nor benefiting from it in any way, and see how long it takes me to get this barb back to pounding down mp10 again. I suspect not nearly as long as has been claimed by some. Give me something to do anyway.

What kind of pointless point is this? Why don't you go play on EU where you don't have your gold, and your MF and GF increased from MP levels and paragon levels yeah?
If you think the AH is unnecessary then don't use it, it provides no competitive advantage against you.

If you think the AH is the reason its "always online," its not, they've already stated its removal won't affect their "always online" nature.
It is unfortunate to see so many people who can't understand this simple concept.

1- Blizzard owns every single asset related to Diablo 3, including your characters and their gold and gear.

2- Blizzard is allowed, by law, to change anything and everything about those assets (the game) without your permission, notice, or offer of compensation.

3- You do not own a copy of the full game; you own a license giving you permission to install and play the game.

In metaphorical terms, Blizzard have the power of "God" over this game. It lives or dies at their whim, and if they decided to stop patching the game right now and shut down the servers next year, none of us would be able to stop them.

I don't know how you can be aware of these facts and still discuss the idea that somehow Blizzard is leaving themselves open for any kind of legal action over this auction house stuff.
Yes. it's a slap in the face concerning the AH provided no "competitive advantage" over another character given the fact that there is, and will not be a "PvP" system
I would hold on to those gift cards until AH reopens because I don't think they have expiring date on them so they can be used at anytime so they aren't really a waste.
you can't promise features on a product and then not deliver said features, it's deceptive. And to this day the game box still promises an rmah they know full well is being removed. This is a consequence of knee jerk planning. Should have changed the box and given it time to sell out before announcing this.

Agreed. However, that isn't what is happening here. The AH/RMAH were promised as features, and they were delivered. Blizzard has simply exercised their right to modify the game, as is legally their right as stated in #2, i.e. "Blizzard is allowed, by law, to change anything and everything about those assets (the game) without your permission, notice, or offer of compensation".

The idea that Blizzard is somehow legally at risk because there may still be retail boxes on store shelves which feature the RMAH/AH 6 months from now is, well...not well thought out.
09/21/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Teffiney
I would hold on to those gift cards until AH reopens because I don't think they have expiring date on them so they can be used at anytime so they aren't really a waste.

The auction house will never reopen.
I found this fascinating. It seems this is far from the first time Blizzard has been in potential legal trouble over a decision they made. I pffer the following article.

Reports from Diablo IncGamers quote French consumer standards agency Que Choisir as demanding Blizzard fix all connections issues for French gamers inside of 15 days or face court cases.

Here is a translated summary of the original post:

"In France, the very serious "UFC Que Choisir" organization (focused on protecting consumers of all kinds of products) has received over 1500 complaints in 4 days from gamers about connect-ability issues and has asked Blizzard to have a permanent solution within 15 days and to communicate completely and transparently about problems encountered in due time. They are also requesting that affected gamers be given damages for troubles they may have had, and, in a much broader but more official manner, are asking the DGCCRF to have a close look at online-only DRMed games and how they work, including economically. They basically feel that it's wrong to assume that an entire nation (well, at least France) has equal internet quality and reception across its entire territory and hence, online-only seems are harmful for some (many?) consumers (which is who they're trying to protect)."

Cinema Blend has stated they feel Blizzard is guilty of imposing the always-on requirement for running the single player campaigns on Diablo 3 and also its inability to deal server load issues hampering gamers' experiences. It seems the company has yet to address server problems in the US and South Korea and has only 15 days to address French gamers' concerns.

Furthermore, reports in N-TV (Google translation)suggest Germany's entry in to this debate (with the Federation of German Consumer Organisations (VZBV)) is to hold Blizzard accountable for antitrust violations. The German consumer watchdog has set a deadline of 13 July for Blizzard to respond to its legal notice.

Perhaps it will fall to the courts to step in and prevent this outrage from going forward. At this point I'll take any help I can get to save my game. Short of that I'd like a refund on the AH account I bought for the sole purpose of using it to increase my auction house slots.

French law and American law are remarkably dissimilar. A lawsuit won in one country might not even be argued here. This is why Korea was able to have the AH/RMAH removed before launch; it was illegal to have such a feature under Korean law. Under U.S. law, such a lawsuit would have been tossed out rapidly because the AH and RMAH are perfectly legal.
09/21/2013 10:54 AMPosted by DOOM

Agreed. However, that isn't what is happening here. The AH/RMAH were promised as features, and they were delivered. Blizzard has simply exercised their right to modify the game, as is legally their right as stated in #2, i.e. "Blizzard is allowed, by law, to change anything and everything about those assets (the game) without your permission, notice, or offer of compensation".

The idea that Blizzard is somehow legally at risk because there may still be retail boxes on store shelves which feature the RMAH/AH 6 months from now is, well...not well thought out.

The back of the box is an ad, if someone buys a copy of the game and then opens it, thereby voiding most stores refund policy, then and only then finding out the game has NO RMAH., then YES that is the very definition of bait and switch, intent is not required for a false advertising claim, just the promise of a feature on a product that does not actually exist is enough,

As I said, the idea that #2 is invalidated because the AH/RMAH is still mentioned on some older copies of the game box floating around on retail shelves in Las Vegas or Nebraska or Southern Mongolia...that Blizzard would legally have to track down and recall every single "pre-RMAH/AH removal" copy of the game or else be sued when someone found that *one* hidden copy of the game that still mentioned the RMAH/AH, well, that's just laughable.