Haven't played in a year, need help with

Demon Hunter
Basically everything. But right now I need to know/understand what are good items right now and good strats for DH. I mean, !@#$, most of my items were like 5-10 bucks and now gold is cheap as dirt. While I understand that there will be a huge update in like 9 months with the removal of AH, but why is everything so cheap right now? Anyways, any tips would be really helpful.

Edit - And when saying what I should buy now, can you give an idea of what price I should pay.
Heya Fzero124,

Good stats to roughly shoot for:

- 2700+ Dex
- 50%+ CC
- 300%+ CHD
- 50%+ Atk Spd

Remember, that's a rough guide, the more the merrier, in terms of how to achieve, please read on, it's included with gear to go for:

Helm - Mempo or Andariel's Visage. If Mempo, make sure it has 5%+ CC, if Andy, make sure it is around 250+ Dex and 50+ Vit (big loss in EHP with an Andy IMO however).

- Andy with above stats 200-500 Mil

- Mempo with above stats (depends on Atk Spd roll of either 8-9% and Dex roll from 170-200) roughly close to 2B if not more (taking other stats into consideration ie AR and +Life%)

Quiver - DML, you ideally want 300+ Dex and 300+ Vit, 20% Atk Spd and 10% CC with a buff to skill of your choice, but that skill can blow out the cost substantially. For Multishot you'd be looking around anywhere from 1B (if you are really lucky) to 2B, for Hugering Arrow (your current skill buff), I would think that's gonna have a premium price tag as it is popular, $50+ on RMAH?

Gloves - Either craft them or buy them, you would be looking for 150+ Dex (for crafted the minimum is 200-230 Dex when you craft the Dex variant of Archon Gloves). You are looking for max rolls of CC (10%), CHD (50%) and Atk Spd (9%) if you are lucky they might also have a Vit or AR roll. Most gloves on AH with high stats (near perfect) go for 1.5-2B mostly, you could get lucky and score some cheap (this does happen as I have), for 50-100 mil if you drop a couple CC for example (from 10% down to 8%). In most cases perfect/near perfect rolls go for $100+ on RMAH.

Bracers - Again, craft or buy a rare, if crafting you ideally want as close to 300 Dex as you can, with a Vit roll and 5-6% CC and AR if you are lucky! If buying them, search for 150 Dex, 150 Vit, 60 AR and 5.5-6% CC, you can score for roughly anywhere between 200-300 Mil upwards towards 1B, depends on how picky you are and if you are willing to drop a stat I mentioned a little lower.

Amulet - Also craft or buy a rare, very reasonable prices on the AH now (from 500 Mil upwards to 2B) for stats such as 9-10% CC, 80-90% CHD and 5%+ Atk Spd with what would seem a fair swing for Dex rolls (under 100 to over 200 with less of these cropping up, there tend to be a large amount without Atk Spd but with a Average Damage Mod as well which end up giving you roughly the same DPS gain. Much more expensive on the RMAH for these at the moment.

For example, you could check my profile and see what I have for an Amulet, I can find plenty for varying prices (quoted above as a guide) to give me from 10k DPS upgrade (500 Mil) upwards towards 20k DPS upgrade with the occasional possibility of some added Life (but always a loss of protection due to no AR).

FYI I have noticed when searching many profiles over time most people will give up an AR roll on the amulet slot for added DPS.

Shoulders - Craft again or buy (easiest slot to craft for given the number of random affixes that can possibly appear). If buying ofc it would be Vile Ward. This is more likely to give you good mitigation over crafting (hard to craft with 300 Dex + same level on mitigation as a good Vile Ward with 250+ Dex). For costings of Vile Ward these days for a good one (around 270-280 Dex) you are looking to pay over 1B if you want around 150 Vit or even 80-90 Vit with close to +10% Life rolled as well.

Chest/Pants/Belt - I am taking this from here** as I have posted about this before (so it's easier to borrow what I said then re-type):

Tricky combo, most either go 2 piece Nat + 2 piece Inna or 3 piece Nat and Inna Pants + Witching Hour for the belt. I would argue at top end, 3 piece Nat and Inna Pants with a Witching Hour will be your best bet. Witching Hour would need to be as close to 45+% CHD and 150+ Dex to equal or better a top Inna Belt, the option on the WH belt for more mitigation is also a plus though, so it depends on your budget, it is much cheaper to get an Inna Chest + Pants combo for the price/mitigation offered, but if using a skill like Spike Traps, top end Nat chest will win out. If you also want some more Disc, the option is there on the Nat Chest ofc.

For Chest/Pants/Belt costings:

Nat Cloak - Around 180 Vit, +10 Max Disc and 12%+ Spike Trap you are looking at anywhere around 1-1.5B (much cheaper if you drop Spike Trap down to 10%), potentially lots more on the RMAH (saw one going for $60 over the weekend), or if dropping + Disc for high Vit+AR or high Dex+AR it depends but roughly similarly priced if not higher (if 12%+ to Spike Trap), especially so for 170+ Dex and 250+ Vit, more like 2B.

Inna Chest - Around 170 Dex and 270 Vit you are looking for anywhere from a few 100 Mil to over 1B depending on any given week you surf the AH. This item seems to swing rather wildly and the same can be said for a 170 Dex, 70+ Vit 60+ AR Inna Chest, sometimes you will see this on the RMAH for less then a few $$$, but other times when I search they are close to $10+!!

Inna Belt - If going for 180+ Dex and 80+ Vit with 8% Holy Damage, you are looking towards close to 1-1.5B or more, drop some Vit and the price can sometimes drop significantly.

Inna Pants - If going for 180+ Dex and 80+ Vit, then you are looking at 1-5B to 2B usually (drop some Vit for cheaper prices).

Witching Hour - For 150+ Dex, 50+Vit and an AR roll over 50 you are looking at nearly always 2B on the AH, sometimes cheaper, depends on variances in those quotes stats.

Weapon - Manticore with around 1300 DPS, a Dex roll, % Weapon Damage (35%+) and 2 socket, close to 2B sometimes a bit cheaper, depends again onthe Weapons DPS and % Weapon Damage roll. This is the most important place to be spending your gold or $$$.

For Boots, I also borrowed what I have said** before:

Boots - Either Nat Boots (obviously to fit in with what I said above, for 3 piece Nat) or Zuni Boots, top end Zuni's paired with a Calamity as your main would be an extra push for a little more DPS over Nat Boots, but will be expensive if aiming for the same amount of mitigation as Nat's offers.

For Boot costings:

Nat Boots - With around 250 Dex and 50+ Vit, anywhere from a couple 100 Mil to 500 Mil, depends on the day you check the AH ofc.

Zuni Boots - Not something I have checked recently a lot but definitely very expensive for top end with high Dex, Vit and high AR.

Rare Ring - Aim for high CC (6%), high CHD (50%), Average Damage (30+) and Atk Spd if possible along with Dex if you can afford, I'd say 1B+ for rings with non perfect stats of one or two of the above mentioned (possibly lower), but close to perfect definitely 1-5 to 2B. You could try dropping Dex and looking for a socket instead, then just slot an emerald in there to compensate, I have seen good deals come by occasionally checking for those mentioned stats but without Dex.

Nat Ring - Go for the best you can afford, either trifecta or close to perfect for two stats (as it naturally rolls Atk Spd, so an example being either CHD close to 50% and Average Damage of 45+).

** Previously posted here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10014141562#3

EDIT: Any suggestions made are based on what I could glean from your profile, I only posted from my experience, I was at work and could not price check for everything on the GAH/RMAH for you.

Good luck with upgrading :-)

Silver
...budget? xD

Before I consider getting any gear, would like to know what kind DH you are looking for?

Items are meaningless without a build or player to use them ^.^
Btw Fzero124, sorry for such a long winded post!

I felt at the time that it was fairly solid info, but I typed it all up in a hurry at work in lunchbreak and didn't get a chance to edit until now. So now I truly realise that it was a fairly huge wall of text!

Hope it helps you.

Silver
Thanks for the info. When I wrote it, I had 25 Million to spend and waited as long as I could for a response. I basically ended up buying with my gut and ended up with this. How does this look so far?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fzero124-1935/hero/36814637

I haven't look at you post yet, I just didn't want it seem like I was ignoring you, but I just noticed that someone responded. I am going to read it now
BTW, I have no ability to spend that amount of money in this game. Well, I should say that I won't, since I quit for so long that I might get bored again and that wouldn't be a good investment. The last time that I played gold was really expensive (everything was) since I quit around 1.3, maybe 1.2.

I only spent around 20 million on what I have now, and I have to say, it's extremely easy. Solo or 4 people is 100X easier than the last time I've played. I don't know if I am missing something or blizzard reduce damage.
Yes...since you last played (patch 1.2/1.3) Blizzard have adjusted the difficulty and introduced MP levels and increased mob density (from MP1 onwards).

If you only have a very limited budget, then of course what I recommended will be useless save for crafting.

You best bet will be hopefully when Loot 2.0/Paragon 2.0 etc is released, your budget won't matter (no AH) as you should be able to find decent upgrades.

Silver
Ahh, I was wondering where and what people were talking about with the MP10. Not exactly the easiest thing to find with prior knowledge. BTW, is the difficulty level only for you, or everyone that is playing on that server? For example, can one person have MP10 and another have mp2 playing together?
09/25/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Fzero124
BTW, is the difficulty level only for you, or everyone that is playing on that server? For example, can one person have MP10 and another have mp2 playing together?

No, if you are playing on MP10 then anyone who joins your game, either from your friends list or when opening your game to the public, will be played at the MP level you have selected when originally creating the game.

Likewise this is the case if you were to join someone else's game. It's on whatever MP level they set when creating it.

However, on the server there will be a plethora of games being played at different MP levels, so when you want to join a public game just ensure you set the MP level to the one which you feel pretty confident with.

Don't ever leech off of others (unless for exp gain/uber runs and this was agreed to ofc), I've seen this first hand and it is rather annoying when a party member cannot contribute. Everyone who joins the game contributes to another 50% health increase to all enemies, so leeches only make this worse.

Silver
One more thing Silver, or I can add you if this question would be easier to answer, I now have 500 million to spend on upgrades. Given what I have right now, where do you think the best place to start would be? Should I sink the whole amount in a double socket manticore?
Just a comment on what Silver said about Mempo. One with crit chance is nice but super expensive. You can get one with ~250 dex like 10x cheaper (rolled dex+another stat instead of crit chance) and not lose too much damage.
09/25/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Khristophoro
Just a comment on what Silver said about Mempo. One with crit chance is nice but super expensive. You can get one with ~250 dex like 10x cheaper (rolled dex+another stat instead of crit chance) and not lose too much damage.

True, but compared to an Andy with 250 Dex that will have 4.5% CC and 8-9% Atk Spd baked in, the DPS will shred a similarly rolled a 250 Dex Mempo. If you can get an Andy with lowish (5-6% Fire Damage Taken) and some Vit, you can also get these usually cheaper then what I see most similarly rolled dual stat Dex + Vit Mempo's go for on the GAH.

By no means a bad choice though! I did mention the loss of EHP with an Andy to not be worth it IMO, playstyle can certainly make up for some of that loss.

Silver
09/25/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Fzero124
One more thing Silver, or I can add you if this question would be easier to answer, I now have 500 million to spend on upgrades. Given what I have right now, where do you think the best place to start would be? Should I sink the whole amount in a double socket manticore?

With regards to what to upgrade, I've learnt a lesson along the way here.

It would be best if you can post as to what type of playstyle you would like to enjoy with your DH.

From your profile I can see three different spenders, do you prefer one over the others in particular and wish to squeeze as much out of it as you can?

Would you like some + Disc slotted in somewhere?

You have -5 Impale on your Nat Cloak, do you see yourself using this ever?

Actually, this is what Nyan asked earlier:

Before I consider getting any gear, would like to know what kind DH you are looking for?

Items are meaningless without a build or player to use them ^.^

That's a good question worth answering :-)

Silver

True, but compared to an Andy with 250 Dex that will have 4.5% CC and 8-9% Atk Spd baked in, the DPS will shred a similarly rolled a 250 Dex Mempo. If you can get an Andy with lowish (5-6% Fire Damage Taken) and some Vit, you can also get these usually cheaper then what I see most similarly rolled dual stat Dex + Vit Mempo's go for on the GAH.

By no means a bad choice though! I did mention the loss of EHP with an Andy to not be worth it IMO, playstyle can certainly make up for some of that loss.

Silver

Personally because I'm poor I actually went for a Dex+Str Mempo because it was the cheapest. I think Str is better for me than Vit anyway because I have enough HP pool so I'd rather have the armor regardless of which is more EHP. Armor = more ESustain.

And yeah Andy's is more DPS but I was just mentioning if you want Mempo for more EHP you don't absolutely need to drop a ton of gold for one with crit chance for it to be good.
Personally because I'm poor I actually went for a Dex+Str Mempo because it was the cheapest. I think Str is better for me than Vit anyway because I have enough HP pool so I'd rather have the armor regardless of which is more EHP. Armor = more ESustain.

And yeah Andy's is more DPS but I was just mentioning if you want Mempo for more EHP you don't absolutely need to drop a ton of gold for one with crit chance for it to be good.

Absolutely, budget will be the biggest factor in the decision making process for sure.

Silver
Honestly, I am not sure what kind of DH, or even what skills I am using right now. I'm still trying to figure that out after reading some of the updates and planned nerfs, I am not completely sure what I should be using. Right now, I am just using what I was when I quit.