I feel I'm doing more damage with...

Wizard
Diamond shards instead of sparkflint for SS build. I think I'm killing stuff quicker. Also another question: is having 15% more dps worth losing 2% mit? I have 4.2 LS
09/20/2013 06:24 PMPosted by darcfeonix
Diamond shards instead of sparkflint for SS build. I think I'm killing stuff quicker.

You probably are in most situations as long as you're able to cast it often enough. I think Sparkflint should still be more dps on a single target, though, in a SS build.

09/20/2013 06:24 PMPosted by darcfeonix
Also another question: is having 15% more dps worth losing 2% mit? I have 4.2 LS

Are you talking about Glass Cannon?
@Darc

I recently switched over from Cold Blooded to Glass Cannon and I'm loving the change. Although, you might want to add some more vit if you go GC route.
Why GC over 20% cold blooded ?

15% buff and 10% defense loss

Versus

20% buff against chilled monsters
I did a Ghom test and I killed him 1.2 seconds faster with GC than Cold Blooded. So I did some field tests and overall it seems to kill faster. The drop in mit is noticeable, but not detrimental.
Hmm

Hard to say anyone can really use glass cannon effectively.

That 10% hit doesn't seem like a fair trade for so little a difference.

But I can see why in a vaccum test against ghom that it is comparable since nothing is frozen 100% of the time but in practical farming tests 10% defense is life or death against bull charges/ reflect / molten / trees... Etc.
^^^ he's using sleet storm. Things should always be chilled.

I would do more tests because that result doesn't make sense.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I figured it was worth testing. I thought maybe there was like a "benchmark" I was hitting by being over 300k dps with GC, and it seems to hit harder than Cold Blooded, at least initially. I'll have to do more testing though. At my level of mitigation and life, even with a 10% loss I still don't get 1 shot, so that's good. :)
what if i use prismatic to make up for loss of mit? i'm using pinpoint and the armor buff already puts me above 89%mit. And if i use prismatic i lose the 5 CC. or i could get a litany
09/20/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Bukizzle
Although, you might want to add some more vit if you go GC route.
yea. or paragon levels. Where would I be able to stack vit?
Edit: i guess i could take out str on shoulders and stack there or i could go back to crafting or I could socket amethysts but the VW seems the most likely
Mehhh, screw GC. After playing around with it all morning I went back to Cold Blooded. While the DPS increase was fun while it lasted, I still miss that 10% mit. A crapload of hp comes from helmet choice. You'll be able to get more out of a Mempo or Tal, but then you lose a second source of apoc. I guess it depends on how you want to play. Also, you might be at enough life to start stacking life% on stuff isntead of just vit, because at a certain point life% will outweigh vit.
Wow that was quick. I don't feel one source of apoc is enough but I could get a rare Wizard hat(looks like @#$%) or a rare wand (also looks like @#$%)