A letter to all D3 developers and players (about AH)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
IMO the problem is that with the millions of players the game has, and all of them being connected automatically 24/7 to the in-game AH, great gear(compared to what you would normally find yourself) becomes cheap and easily obtainable... Even with the game's current dismal drops/ itemization you can buy great gear for little to nothing, so just think about what that would imply under loot 2.0! It would be like having a game with a constantly flashing invincibility button, how many people could resist pressing it? And once they do it will ruin the challenge/point of playing and they will quickly lose interest.
AH killed droprates and undermined the loot hunt ~ they needed to go.
09/22/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Jeremiah
IMO the problem is that with the millions of players the game has, and all of them being connected automatically 24/7 to the in-game AH, great gear(compared to what you would normally find yourself) becomes cheap and easily obtainable... Even with the game's current dismal drops/ itemization you can buy great gear for little to nothing, so just think about what that would imply under loot 2.0! It would be like having a game with a constantly flashing invincibility button, how many people could resist pressing it? And once they do it will ruin the challenge/point of playing and they will quickly lose interest.

Let's be conservative about loot 2.0 for now given it's still sealed.

As what I expressed in the previous page, my suggestion about making it 5 days waiting time and no buyout will definitely keep the game playing with anxiety and the strong monsters fearsome. By then, great gears won't be little to nothing for buyers like now.

In another scenario, they can also make hc with no ahs, which might be cruel, but also works.

I mean, for hc players, let's think about the game playing without ahs.

As a hc player myself, my only reaction will be "fk, no".
09/22/2013 05:18 PMPosted by HFLY

As what I expressed in the previous page, my suggestion about making it 5 days waiting time and no buyout will definitely keep the game playing with anxiety and the strong monsters fearsome. By then, great gears won't be little to nothing for buyers like now.

In another scenario, they can also make hc with no ahs, which might be cruel, but also works.

"lets be conservative"

"my suggestion... will definitely"
OP is just butt hurt because the game is no longer pay 2 win.
09/22/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Jeremiah

"lets be conservative"

"my suggestion... will definitely"

Let's be conservative about loot 2.0, not every single fking point.
Nah, let's be conservative about your idea instead.
For those who are saying D3 is the kid and ahs are the diseases.

B****, please. If you have to say that D3 is the sick kid, please accept that ahs are part of this kid too, like liver.

Right now this kid has liver cancer which I believe can be healed with the liver still in his body.

You guys think the whole liver should be taken away, which might work, but not without a substitution .

Humans need livers to stay alive, and so does D3 need an organized trading system like better ahs.
09/22/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Kendroxide
OP is just butt hurt because the game is no longer pay 2 win.

If I can afford the cost, why I couldn't have more fun than the ones who don't?
09/22/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Jeremiah
Nah, let's be conservative about your idea instead.

Loot 2.0 is up in the air. My idea is expressed openly and clearly.

You cannot tell the difference?
After this post, for the ones who dis ahs, please answer this question:

How long you think it takes you to farm for a marquise gem without any reliable (if you know what I mean by this word, trade channel users) trading?

Listen carefully, not any good items, just one fking gem.

Come on, b****es. Let's hug it out.

B****, please. If you have to say that D3 is the sick kid, please accept that ahs are part of this kid too, like liver.

Right now this kid has liver cancer which I believe can be healed with the liver still in his body.

You guys think the whole liver should be taken away, which might work, but not without a substitution .

Humans need livers to stay alive, and so does D3 need an organized trading system like better ahs.

Personally I'd just smother the kid with a pillow and end his misery. Be glad Blizzard is giving their child a chance to survive.

Personally I'd just smother the kid with a pillow and end his misery. Be glad Blizzard is giving their child a chance to survive.

Arthas had the same logic, and we all know how he ended.
09/22/2013 05:37 PMPosted by HFLY
How long you think it takes you to farm for a marquise gem without any reliable (if you know what I mean by this word, trade channel users) trading?

After they correct the drop rates, and bring the crafting costs back to sanity, like they have on the console? I don't know, and neither do you; I guess we'll both find when the first console player gets there. Maybe they'll even buff the bonuses that a Marquise gives you, so that it's worth the effort.
09/22/2013 04:17 PMPosted by HFLY
I won't say I'm on the pro or con side of the decision to shut down AHs permanently after the coming March; however, I have a bit words for everyone involved in this.

It's pretty obvious by your long winded speech that you don't want the AH closed.

Finding loot is what Diablo has always been about, not spending hours searching the AH for deals.
I wonder now. How feasible will it be for me to try non-cookie cutter builds without the AH? The thing I love the most about D2LOD was making wicked non-classic builds. Melee sorc, Melee necro, kicker assassin, Fire druid, Frozen orb paladin. Now, getting gear is going to be a pain unless it is a cookie cutter build because everyone will save items for those builds and forget about the rest.

I hope Blizzard has a contingency plan for that.
I wonder now. How feasible will it be for me to try non-cookie cutter builds without the AH? The thing I love the most about D2LOD was making wicked non-classic builds. Melee sorc, Melee necro, kicker assassin, Fire druid, Frozen orb paladin. Now, getting gear is going to be a pain unless it is a cookie cutter build because everyone will save items for those builds and forget about the rest.

I hope Blizzard has a contingency plan for that.

Yes, I'd say they have a contingency plan for that: "build changing" legendaries are a big part of loot 2.0, which will be added when the AHs are gone.
Meh way I see it, D2 was a good game, and it was fun. Although at the time it was something fresh and new, and people had never seen anything like it at the time.
Going along with D2 again, it was part of the OLD Battle.net, which to my knowledge is very basic and simple, but more hands on, I like to compare the old B.net to cars now days and cars not even 15 years old. A 15 year old car you could fix 80% of the problems yourself, try that with a newer car, it won't happen.

There's to many bells and whistles in the new B.net to make games quicker to join, easier to find, and could accomidate tons of people without them using it as a chat room, which I feel old B.net was mainly used for, spamming teenagers using it as a chat room.

BUT I still stand by that people enjoyed the old B.net than the actual game of D2 itself, to be honest.
D3 was a broken game, and has come along way from what it used to be, but they really need to bring back the community into the game, it's what Blizzard games were known for, was community, it's why almost everyone who played Vanilla WoW quit, and people who used to play SC have left that universe as well.

Take out AH, fix drops and add old B.net features back COUPLED with quick join and all that jazz.
Meh way I see it, D2 was a good game, and it was fun. Although at the time it was something fresh and new, and people had never seen anything like it at the time.
Going along with D2 again, it was part of the OLD Battle.net, which to my knowledge is very basic and simple, but more hands on, I like to compare the old B.net to cars now days and cars not even 15 years old. A 15 year old car you could fix 80% of the problems yourself, try that with a newer car, it won't happen.

There's to many bells and whistles in the new B.net to make games quicker to join, easier to find, and could accomidate tons of people without them using it as a chat room, which I feel old B.net was mainly used for, spamming teenagers using it as a chat room.

BUT I still stand by that people enjoyed the old B.net than the actual game of D2 itself, to be honest.
D3 was a broken game, and has come along way from what it used to be, but they really need to bring back the community into the game, it's what Blizzard games were known for, was community, it's why almost everyone who played Vanilla WoW quit, and people who used to play SC have left that universe as well.

Take out AH, fix drops and add old B.net features back COUPLED with quick join and all that jazz.

I don't understand why AHs are considered as a factor of losing the community. Shutting down the convenience store beside your home will make you talk to your neighbor more?