PC to PS3

General Discussion
I've been looking at the ps3 version of this game and it seems a lot more enjoyable. If I bought the diablo3 Ps3 game, would my PC "account" be on the ps3 with all my characters?
09/27/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Kessik
I've been looking at the ps3 version of this game and it seems a lot more enjoyable. If I bought the diablo3 Ps3 game, would my PC "account" be on the ps3 with all my characters?
Diablo III characters are not transferable between the PC and PS3 versions of Diablo III and any characters made on one platform can only be accessed on that original platform.
OP,

I was thinking the same thing -

I will still probably pick up the 360 version myself sometime this weekend, just to see the difference between the two platforms.

Hopefully RoS makes it way to consoles as well.
In a nutshell: 3 weeks of owning PS3 version and both my barb and monk are close (if not further) to what they are on PC. No AH support needed.

Give it a shot. You will be pleasantly surprised. If anything, it helps to kill the void until March ;)
09/27/2013 02:10 PMPosted by MagicMike

Confirmed for PS3/4 and Xbox360

Last I checked, no word on Xbox One.
I put an SSD in my ps3 to help it run better...it still slows down way too much for my liking.

That being said: Console D3 is the best version of the game. It really does lack in the online department though....Characters are all saved on your machine, allowing you to exploit if you want to. It also means that online games (for ps3 anyways) are all hosted by the player that choose to open their game to the public....Making for a less than smooth play experience. Especially if that player decides to leave the game..
09/27/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Audial

Confirmed for PS3/4 and Xbox360

Last I checked, no word on Xbox One.

Where did you see this "confirmation"? because on the main ROS site it says "system: PC/MAC" and no word on it going to consoles.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

Where did you see this "confirmation"? because on the main ROS site it says "system: PC/MAC" and no word on it going to consoles.

They've said in interviews that they're basically using the consoles as a step in their development cycles.

IE: They focused on 1.08 > Consoles > RoS > RoS Consoles > ???

It continues the cash flow for them.
I would have bought the console version if B.net was somehow linked to PC, PS3, and Xbox. I invested too much time on the PC version to be doing the exact same thing on the console again. Besides, I'd rather work with what I have now to increase my paragons for RoS. Fan base is so much larger on PC (when RoS hits), and the graphics are much better. There was alot of screen tearing on the console version.
Personally I don't understand all of the people buying this game twice. Its like "you screwed up on the first one, but I'll go ahead and buy another just to see". It'd be like going to a restaurant and them screwing up your steak and you buying another one instead of them going back and cooking a fresh one for free.
Personally I don't understand why people complain about what other people do with their money.

For that matter, not all of us think PC D3 was crap. Console D3 is a different experience, one some of us want to experience in addition to PC D3.

Also, your analogy is pretty inane. Whenever you have to try and compare video games to other objects in life, especially consumable ones, you don't really have a point. You're just wanting to complain.
I had a few questions regarding console as well. I just rented it for the ps3 and its a lot of fun. If any of you don't plan on buying i definitely recommend renting it at least.

Will expansion come out on PC and console simultaneously?
and will RoS act as DLC content for vanilla D3 on consoles.. if not could I then just buy RoS and not have to worry about buying the original?
I had a few questions regarding console as well. I just rented it for the ps3 and its a lot of fun. If any of you don't plan on buying i definitely recommend renting it at least.

Will expansion come out on PC and console simultaneously?
and will RoS act as DLC content for vanilla D3 on consoles.. if not could I then just buy RoS and not have to worry about buying the original?

I personally don't believe RoS will come out on pc and consoles at the same time.
And as for just buying RoS and not having to worry about buying the original, 100% of expansions say on the box "requires full version of (fill in the blank) game to play", so I would guess you need the original D3 to play it. Whether it be console or pc.
I personally don't believe RoS will come out on pc and consoles at the same time.
And as for just buying RoS and not having to worry about buying the original, 100% of expansions say on the box "requires full version of (fill in the blank) game to play", so I would guess you need the original D3 to play it. Whether it be console or pc.

Given the fact it's being advertised as an "expansion", you need not have made that point. Part of the requirement of installing an "expansion" is having the original version of the game installed.

If people can't figure that out, and end up wasting their money, that's on them, not the company.

Given the fact it's being advertised as an "expansion", you need not have made that point. Part of the requirement of installing an "expansion" is having the original version of the game installed.

If people can't figure that out, and end up wasting their money, that's on them, not the company.

Some people just don't know. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked. If someone from the community asks a question that others may call "common knowledge", its polite to just answer them, not to make the feel stupid for not knowing the answer.
Dark Souls

Then Dark Souls 2 in March.

Thank me later.