Good Vs Evil

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
10/08/2013 02:30 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
What others could be added to this list that outside of Diablo?

given that these are the diablo forums, the mods likely wouldn't let the thread stay in GD and go in that direction even if people cared enough to answer.
But people did not answer, lol. they want to discuss the ideas if a given class is good or bad.. not what could be contributed to a fight of Good Vs Bad..
10/08/2013 02:38 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
But people did not answer, lol. they want to discuss the ideas if a given class is good or bad.. not what could be contributed to a fight of Good Vs Bad..

well yeah. For one, these are diablo forums. Thus, the discussion should be about diablo.

Furthermore, since your choices seem completely arbitrary (oh, barbarian yells! hes eeeeeevil!) we have little to no idea what actually qualifies.
10/08/2013 10:34 AMPosted by gooddaytodie
Evil: Barbarian - Wizard - Witch Doctor - Assassin - Necromancer

Barbarian = Bad = Barbarians are mighty presences on the battlefield, and their ferocious war cries can bring out battle frenzy in their allies or send their tiny foes fleeing in ""terror"". Even mighty foes who hear a barbarian’s shout can become too shaken to land their most deadly blows. Diablo is the lord of terror. so if a barbarian uses the same tactic as diablo it puts him on the bad side. Also Barbarians are savage wanderers.

Wizard = Bad = Arcane Power--Arcane Power can ravage wizards' bodies if its use is not carefully paced.

Witch Doctor = Bad = Witch doctors are spiritual warriors who summon dead souls. Dead is opposite of life.

Assassin = Bad = Assassins are also highly adept at lock picking, aka Thief. Cloak of Shadows-Moving through the ""darkness"", unseen by her foes, the enshrouded Assassin can steal past opponents or ambush her unsuspecting victims with devastating attacks.

Necromancer = Bad = is an unseemly form of Sorcerer whose spells deal with the raising of the dead. They feed on the death of others. This is far from being on the good side.

Your list is very flawed.

Bad means doing things with malicious intent in mind. None of these characters do things with any sort of malicious intent (they are helping angels after all).

You might be confusing bad and evil with Chaotic vs Cosmic
10/08/2013 03:00 PMPosted by gooddaytodie

these fourms are for discussing diablo. if you want to talk about something else, go somewhere else.
Good: Monk - Demon Hunter - Crusader - Amazon - Druid - Paladin - Sorceress

Monk Vs Barbarian
Demon Hunter Vs Witch Doctor
Paladin Vs Necromancer
Amazon Vs Assassin
Sorceress Vs Wizard
Crusader Vs ?????

Monk Vs Barbarian
Demon Hunter Vs Witch Doctor
Paladin Vs Necromancer
Amazon Vs Assassin
Sorceress Vs Wizard
Crusader Vs ?????

none of the classes are "evil". What you are thinking of is Lawful or Honorable, which many of them distinctly are not. However being Chaotic (the opposite of Lawful) does not make them evil. Robin Hood was not evil even though he was a thief.
I am here in d3 forums to ask for your help making a list of good Vs Evil as the heading says. this is what i got so far

Thats just from the Diablo Universe. What others could be added to this list that outside of Diablo? one comes to mind is Jedi Vs Sith. Thanks for any feedback/help :D
While I can't say I personally agree with all of your classifications, I'm curious: do you consider Zoltun Kulle to be good or evil? Why?
10/08/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Providence
Bad means doing things with malicious intent in mind.

Well, until Michael Jackson came along and gave Bad a whole new meaning.

Evil, by definition, is something "morally bad".

OP seems to want instances of good vs. evil outside of Diablo, but his ID is an infamous pop culture reference to an "evil" group:

Federation good, Klingons/Romulans evil

"Why did the Klingon go blonde?" "Because it was a good day to dye!"

10/08/2013 09:43 AMPosted by CAUSTIC
Tom and Jerry, Coyote and Roadrunner

Yes, Jerry and the Roadrunner were truly evil! (Seriously. Think about it.)
This is a list of Boss battles in Diablo 3. Do you think some or all of these would be great to play as?

Skeleton King • The Butcher • Maghda • Zoltun Kulle • Belial • Ghom • Siegebreaker Assault Beast • Maiden of Lust • Azmodan • Rakanoth • Izual • Diablo
10/08/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I can't say I personally agree with all of your classifications, I'm curious: do you consider Zoltun Kulle to be good or evil? Why?
Zoltun Kulle in the end turned out to be on the bad side. Why? because he tried to posses the very power that was going to destroy everyone by attempting to create a Black Soulstone with which he would be able to harness the powers of both angels and demons. The good side of that would of been not to control. If he would been on the side of the hero's in trying to defeat Diablo and not try to destroy them, he Could have been good but his own personal gains and attempt to rise to power makes him bad/evil.
This thread is...extremely confusing.

None of the player classes are evil...at all. The farthest you could possible take this is the necromancer being "neutral" but considering how the Burning Hells are usually up to way more shenanigans on Sanctuary than Heaven, the necromancers generally fight evil anyway. So...wut?

10/08/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Vaeflare

I hear arguments how Kulle was really a good guy all the time but they really all fall flat. Unless you know; torture, murder, unethical experiments, and wishing to gain control over the entire world are considered noble endeavors, then sure he was a saint.

10/08/2013 10:34 AMPosted by gooddaytodie
Necromancer = Bad = is an unseemly form of Sorcerer whose spells deal with the raising of the dead. They feed on the death of others. This is far from being on the good side.

I believe you are gravely misinformed about Necromancers. What you're saying sounds more like anti-necromancer propaganda.
I hear arguments how Kulle was really a good guy all the time but they really all fall flat. Unless you know; torture, murder, unethical experiments, and wishing to gain control over the entire world are considered noble endeavors, then sure he was a saint.
In the early years he Helped the good side, this is why they say he is a good guy. This is also why i say ""in the end"" because later in the story he does as you have stated.