Gear help: Go from MP8 to MP10

Witch Doctor
Hello all,

I'm looking for some help. I wonder if anybody can point me on a way to increase my dps, so I can run MP10. I can run MP7-8 fairly comfortably, and don't usually die.

I run COB and Bears sometimes. Have looked at some build and tactic threads already, so I think I understand the strategy, just need to gear up.

I have 200M
My thoughts:

- I was thinking about getting a Serpent/String of skulls (with high avg damage, CC, zombie reduction, mana regen).
- Would a new weapon be a better route? (I'm not sure)
- A new Litany ring can give me 5k damage increase, but are costly.

My stats and character are listed below. I'd like to reach about 200k.

DPS: 175
Vitality: 57k (will be higher eventually)
Armor: 3700
Int: 3300

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gunz05-1585/hero/5311240

Any help is appreciated. I am lost atm. Hopefully this all made sense.

Thanks!
get armor on shoulders
get higher crit chance on helm
get attack speed and higher crit damage on ammy
get attack speed, higher crit damage and crit chance on gloves
good chest maybe get more vit on it
good bracers maybe get one with all res
get witching hour with all res (maybe drop all res on gloves if you can find an ideal pair otherwise)
your rings are good don't worry about spending on those
good pants too maybe find somewhere else to add more LoH
good weapon maybe try for a higher DPS roll with same stats
good boots dont worry about these
you can get a much higher roll on your thing of the deep for Vitality. (200+)
Hey I wanted to add that you have a really cool character overall and I'd like to add you as a friend, you've played almost exclusively Witch Doctor just like me.
Change Emerald to Ruby for your knife;
Try make it over 50% CC, EG: higher CC Zuni Helm and Ring.
If you want to push through the 200k DPS you need to change your amulet, mojo and pants.
Tal Rasha's amulet with average damage, cc, cd and +% elemental damage will give you a major boost to your dps

Thing of the deep is decent but not good for pure dps mojo. Many people lose zunimasa's chest and zunimassa head for Twilight of Mempo helmet and Tal Rasha's chest for increased attack speed and set bonus for +3% elemental damage.

You need Zunimassa String of Skulls if you intend to use Tal rasha chest.

200M budget I'd say get Tal Rasha's Amulet with cc, cd, avg dmg, vital.

To push further 210k which I am trying to do.. is too expensive and almost impossible without spending real money.
Little advise, please don't use more than 2 IAS gears if you have no plan to use BR;
SV is a better deal to survive and reduce cool down for SW & SH.

There are still market to flip golds, if you know what the market need.
My golds are still increase through testing, trying and upgrading gears.
Hey all,

Thanks for the advice.

10/06/2013 08:22 PMPosted by cjb393
Hey I wanted to add that you have a really cool character overall and I'd like to add you as a friend, you've played almost exclusively Witch Doctor just like me.

For sure I'll add you. I made a barb just because, but don't like anything but WD for some reason. And I'm still trying to roll a similar shoulder, but with life% or armor.

Change Emerald to Ruby for your knife;
Try make it over 50% CC, EG: higher CC Zuni Helm and Ring.

I've tried the Emerald and it reduced my damage by a few thousand. I think the higher cc helm is good avice, that should put me over 50% cc. Any advice on the ring?

If you want to push through the 200k DPS you need to change your amulet, mojo and pants.
Tal Rasha's amulet with average damage, cc, cd and +% elemental damage will give you a major boost to your dps

Thing of the deep is decent but not good for pure dps mojo. Many people lose zunimasa's chest and zunimassa head for Twilight of Mempo helmet and Tal Rasha's chest for increased attack speed and set bonus for +3% elemental damage.

You need Zunimassa String of Skulls if you intend to use Tal rasha chest.

200M budget I'd say get Tal Rasha's Amulet with cc, cd, avg dmg, vital.

To push further 210k which I am trying to do.. is too expensive and almost impossible without spending real money.

I think the string of skulls with a tals chest is something I'll look into, and haven't even thought of. I think my amulet is decent, just missing vitality. Maybe I'll browse the AH and see if there is anything better. Also, is it worth looking for a string of skulls with zombie bear reduction?

And yes, pushing dps beyond this point without losing too much EHP is tough to do.

Thanks for all the advise guys, I'll take a look through the suggestions again tonight.
10/07/2013 04:55 AMPosted by Gunz05
I think the string of skulls with a tals chest is something I'll look into, and haven't even thought of. I think my amulet is decent, just missing vitality. Maybe I'll browse the AH and see if there is anything better. Also, is it worth looking for a string of skulls with zombie bear reduction?

With 200m its not likely, besides tals chest will not have the ehp of marrow and a high damage SoS with cc (which is required to boost your dps) is going to be prohibitively expensive. The better option would be to swap vision for visage with a skill buff, or if you really are set on attack speed, a mempo with cc (again this is expensive).

A better option is to upgrade your knife and grab a serpent with good ehp or mana regen. It is still going to be tough to do for just 200m but if you are patient with auctions it may be possible.

Many people lose zunimasa's chest and zunimassa head for Twilight of Mempo helmet and Tal Rasha's chest for increased attack speed and set bonus for +3% elemental damage.

Not really, if you swap out both you lose the regen from set. Not many do that seeing as more attack speed requires more mana regen.

With 200m its not likely, besides tals chest will not have the ehp of marrow and a high damage SoS with cc (which is required to boost your dps) is going to be prohibitively expensive. The better option would be to swap vision for visage with a skill buff, or if you really are set on attack speed, a mempo with cc (again this is expensive).

A better option is to upgrade your knife and grab a serpent with good ehp or mana regen. It is still going to be tough to do for just 200m but if you are patient with auctions it may be possible.

Many people lose zunimasa's chest and zunimassa head for Twilight of Mempo helmet and Tal Rasha's chest for increased attack speed and set bonus for +3% elemental damage.

Not really, if you swap out both you lose the regen from set. Not many do that seeing as more attack speed requires more mana regen.

I think looking for a new offhand, and a weapon, will increase my dps close to where I would like. I’ll see if I can do it for the 200m.

If I did manage to get a string of skulls, I would have the option to drop another item. Is a mempo that much better than a zuni? (since it has the vit, life%, high int, and crit)

Nice character btw Valsuvius.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll start looking tonight.
10/07/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Gunz05
If I did manage to get a string of skulls, I would have the option to drop another item. Is a mempo that much better than a zuni? (since it has the vit, life%, high int, and crit)

When it comes to WD's, attack speed needs to be kept low (0-dogs and unlimited budget builds being the exception)

IMHO zuni vision is better than mempo unless you can afford a godly SoS. You don't really need the IAS and the RA can be made up in other slots, and vision can roll 200+ int and has vit.
Serpent is a lot cheaper and provide good DPS if you want to change Mojo, it have the default roll of 9-10% CC; While CC base good Mana Chicken and SoS is expensive. Try to find a serpent with mana regen, if can't afford, go for max mana.
Just get 1 slot of PUR from other slots will do.