Crafting Woes.

Demon Hunter
Everything I can see as far as upgrading is way past my budget.

My next big buy will be a Mempo +CC.

But I gotta get on crafting better gearses...

How many millions of rolls did it take those who crafted their own shoulders/gloves/bracers/amulets?

I have not had a single good roll since ever. And I typically try to just save up on the materials for a bit, then let the auto craft do its thing. But when I get back, I'm out a lot of gold, and with a inventory of junk.

(current gear/build in my profile may not be my best. i like toying with skills and use different gear for leveling blah blah blah)
My bracers were my 4th craft- just keep at it. Gloves, ammys and such can roll some great stats. Of course i keep trying to get some with AR and higher vit. 25 later these were still the bset
I need to get on the better AR train. Her AR is bad, and I do feel bad about it. But just hope I can get some good crafts before AH is gone and there goes my source of golds income -.-
Ammy, #806. Gloves, 1000+. Several hundred each on shoulders and bracers. 10 tries for cloak before figuring out that crafted cloaks were prolly not a reasonable gamble when there were set bonuses involved.

I did have some early successes, especially w/ shoulders. Crafting is awfully expensive until it works, then it is prolly the best buy in the realm!
Look at my shoulders and bracers...there's still hope. Grinding on DE's right now for a few hundred rolls on gloves. Never had any luck on those darn things.

Between my shoulders and bracers, about 3-4 bags full of crap before i got them
Wrayzee nice! you have so many 100P DHs!

You have close to double my E kills but 4 more DHs over me, can you please advise what MP, solo or group and act/areas you typically run to level so quickly??

But I digress...

My gloves on profile were under 100 crafts (I have crafted roughly 350 but none better).
My shoulders around 200 crafts, amulet was around 150 I think (weakest slot out of all my gears though), and bracers around 150.

My crafts aren't great compared to some of the profiles on here, but I would say in comparison to purchasing off the AH (prior to the current spate of gear dumping I am seeing atm due to the announcement of the closure of the AHs anyways), it's definitely a pretty cheap option by comparison (even now).

Silver.

**EDIT** checked stats I keep once I got home:

Shoulders - 232 of 232 crafts
Gloves - 43 of 311 crafts
Bracers - 55 of 550 crafts
Amulet - 86 of 271 crafts
This maybe an age-old question:

Does MF help with crafting?
Does MF help with crafting?

I think it does based purely on anecdotal experience. It seems like the crafts have more desirable attributes if I do it w/ a full neph stack and MF pumped at high as I can get it. No proof, just what it seems to me.

... can you please advise what MP, solo or group and act/areas you typically run to level so quickly??

No special technique other than get to Willa early and often. I just go out and have fun. DH is fun.
10/08/2013 05:51 PMPosted by wrayzee
[quote]Does MF help with crafting?

I think it does based purely on anecdotal experience. It seems like the crafts have more desirable attributes if I do it w/ a full neph stack and MF pumped at high as I can get it. No proof, just what it seems to me.

Thanks for the reply, it just seems supersticous to me.
For me, gloves were by far the hardest to get a decent pair. I didn't keep exact count but I'm certain it was over 1000 tries.
Pretty satisfied with mine:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VvT76-2714/hero/11439645

Gloves under 500 tries, bracers over 1500 tries, amulet around 500 tries and I keep on upgrading my shoulders.

@LazyGenius: those bracers put mine to shame
I finally got bracers and shoulders. still waiting on a glove and amulet roll that half decent to give me better ar and life.