[Nyan] gearing service pt.2 CLOSED (>^^)>

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 8 9 10 22 Next
Nyan, thanks for the great feedback!! <(^^<)

100mm = 100m right?
1.67 aps breakpoint okay seems reasonable!
SoJ can be improved. Aim for high crit chance! You can get a 6/27/7 for probably ~20m.

11/19/2013 09:28 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Your manticore has low crit damage! Could also get higher weapon damage too.

Found a nice SoJ upgrade and Manticore upgrade, although the new Manti is 10% IAS, so I had to find a new Dead Man's. I'm still looking into finding a solid 20% IAS Manti, but until that happens I'm stuck with the Nat's ring to keep above 1.67. I'm pretty happy being at 198k considering there is a hidden 14% crit chance built in. Thanks again for the help!
To take full advantage of the hidden 14% CC to RF, Nyan recommend to get a lot more crit damage....
Hi Nyan <(^^<)

Here's my profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sinobu-1488/hero/12242601

As you may guess from the weird gear setup, it's from my light monk :D Yes yes, he is retire and my DH kindly rip all of the poor guy's stuff off.

Right now I have around 350-400m for her. My goal is to build a DH to do around mp3 and below for xp/ gold (aka, pick up radius plz xD). I may challenge myself and go for key in mp5 but it's not required. I drop diablo3, like, a year ago when I still use elemental arrow - lighting ball as my main farming skill. Now, I don't know which build is right.

Can you please help me with a gear upgrade / setup together with a good build. Thanks.

p/s: I really really like the ideal of dual weal 1hand xbow, but if it's not possible for a smooth mp3 run, then I'll give it up. Again, I dropped out a year ago and have absolutely no ideal how stuff had changed :)
@Sinobu <(^^<)

From what I see, you currently have low attack speed. Is this the route you wish to take?
FYI 350-400m can let you play ~mp8-9 comfortably while mp10 w/ some troubles. 1.66667 aps breakpoint seems to be where your going at?

11 ias manticore -> at least 37 ias on gear

remove 1 ias from below

10 ias manticore -> at least 38 ias on gear

A.
9 ias inna's temperance
9 ias mempo of twilight
20 ias deadman's legacy

or

B.
9 ias inna's temperance
9 ias natalya's reflection
20 ias deadman's legacy

Option A usually results in more dps and eHP but less discipline.
Option B usually results in less dps and eHP but more discipline (if you use full natalya's set).

With your kind of spec, I think Option B would be better.

- Get inna's temperance w/ 9 ias and 140+ vitality.
- Get inna's favor w/ 70+ all resistance.
- Get natalya's bloody footprint's w/ 180+ dex and pick up radius.
- Get natalya's embrace w/ 180+ vitality and a useful property. If your not using full natalya's set, I recommend max discipline.
- Get strongarm bracers w/ 220+ dex, and 60+ vitality.
- Get vile wards w/ 220+ dex, 50+ vitality, and pick up radius.
- Get gloves w/ 8+ crit chance, 40+ crit damage, 150+ dex, and all resistance.
- Get a unity w/ crit damage. This is my preference since it has bonus vs elites and isn't too expensive.
- Get an amulet w/ 100+ dex, 7.5+ crit chance, 80+ crit damage, and extra good stuff on it. Vitality, all resistance, life%, armor, socket, average damage, are all good stuff. So try to get something else on your amulet that is useful.
- Get a deadman's legacy w/ 20 ias, 5+ RF cc, 250+ vitality, 201+ dex. If you get a 11 ias manticore, deadman's legacy can be 19 ias instead.
- Get a manticore w/ 2 sockets, 40+ weapon damage, and 80+ crit damage.

Okay from here on, you can get to choose some stuff.

Option A:

- Get a mempo of twilight w. 9 ias, 170+ dex, and either vitality or pick up radius.
- Get a litany of the undaunted w/ crit damage or some other ring w/o ias. Wailing host might be something to look into.

Option B:

- Get a natalya's sight w/ crit chance and all resistance or 10+ life%
- Get a natalya's reflection w/ either crit chance or crit damage, and another useful property. This should be 9 ias.

In terms of builds, you should experiment! To be honest, bombardment isn't that great for low monster power due to the delay. I recommend to take a look at some of the builds from the community and myself.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10261776447?page=1#6

I hope this helps! ^.^
OMG Hi!!! *hug*

I have no money since I am poor.. But I keep and eye out for cheap stuff on AH and try to craft stuff sometimes...

I like using RF as main hatred spender, though I'm not sure if my gear and my build sync up very good. Are there any pointers you can give me on breakpoints etc? I don't nec. have to go fire support but it's working OK for now.
Nyan <(^^<)

I burned some DE's for a chest; nothing that great but my armor is better... miss the +9D tho :-(
<{^^}> lol.
.. and it's gone! need the D .. AND STOP IT, SHINGooooo.... LOL
That hug for the nyan, we ran crypts today and he asked for a hug. Lol
@Niklas <(^^<)

Is your profile from the EU? You didn't link your profile!
What MP are you currently playing? Are you striving to shoot for higher?

From what I see, you need to improve a lot! Here are some breakpoint guidelines.

1.66667 aps breakpoint.

10 ias manticore -> at least 38 ias on gear

- add 1 ias to below

11 ias manticore -> at least 37 ias on gear

9 ias inna's temperance
9 ias mempo of twilight
19 ias deadman's legacy

If you want to hit the next breakpoint (2.00001 aps)

10 ias manticore -> at least 66 ias on gear

add 2 ias to below

11 ias manticore -> at least 64 ias on gear

9 ias ring
9 ias mempo of twilight
9 ias witching hour
9 ias inna's temperance
9 ias gloves
19 ias quiver

If you want to keep your gloves and not get ias in it, you may need to get something like lacuni prowlers w/ 9 ias, or have both rings w/ attack speed.

- Get a deadman's legacy w/ 19+ ias and max discipline, and bola shot damage.
- Get a inna's temperance w/ high vitality
- Get natalya's embrace w/ high vitality and +1 useful property (like max discipline, hatred regen, pick up radius, etc...)
- Keep crafting bracers! You could also replace your current bracers w/ all resist or more dex/vitality.
- Get natalya's bloody footprint's w/ 170+ dex, and either vitality or pick up radius
- Get an amulet similar to yours but w/ crit chance.
- Upgrade your manticore! 170+ dex, and high crit damage. Having 11 ias would make reaching breakpoints easier.

Other notes :

If you don't use a witching hour for attack speed as shown from the breakpoints, get inna's favor.

Natalya's set is way too good to give up. You should always go for at least a 2pc natalya's set for the 7% crit chance.

I emphasized more on vitality, because your hp pool is a bit low. With more vitality on gear, you can then replace your purple gems to green gems!

Builds? You need some help on that? Also to let you know, high velocity has a poor proc rate. You may want to consider using fire support if you want to take advantage of the night stalker procing.

I hope this helps <(^^<)
Hello Nyan!

(>^^)>

Profile link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Advocate-1150/hero/12057842

My budget is rather minimal, no more than about 15m at the moment, as I just bought some budget starter gear yesterday. My goal is to build a casual paragon farming DH. I typically do 1-2 runs a day when the opportunity presents, around a half hour to an hour per day. From playing so far, having extra max discipline so far hasn't seemed necessary.

Really, I just want a DH that can self sustain in solo play and reach a decent paragon level before RoS. I'm open to most options, experimenting can be fun. My wizard is my 'main' (if that even exists in this game) and this is more of a side project. Playing a DH feels more complex than a wizard, let less rewarding. I was hoping someone could help me fix that.

Thank you!
Hi Nyan <(^^<),
Just would like to let you know that I followed all your recommendation and my DH can do MP5-7comfortably. Took me over 1 week to get the upgrades (patiently stalking AH - all these for just 50mil). So still have 100mil gold left- any more recommendation? ;)

Yes, more discpline = more fun. The only problem now with the higher attack speed (2.55), I run out of hatred very quick.

Again, thanks for the help.
Hi Nyan!
Here is your hug! (>^^)>
Thank you for your advice in the past
I have a 7000000m budget, and would like to get more advice on my DH.
As well, here is a link to my potentially nooby DH.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrWho345-6124/hero/27777824

Overall I think my character sucks, compared to others, I don't even know if I would survive the Infernal Machine, acts, I mean I have a lot of keys but no plans and don't even think I would survive them, with my current build.

I would love to get to 400000 DPS but don't know how other than randomly joining groups and trying to level up every night

Should I level up any further in preparation for ROS, or should I wait until it comes out to level up purely by playing through it.

One more quick question
Is the Auction House actually closed or is it still open?

Would love to hear back

Thanks!
(>^_^)>

nyanhug. no time to play. :(
11/25/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Stak
(>^_^)>

nyanhug. no time to play. :(

Same here actually LOL

ya guys i'll be a bit late for reply this time!
Hi Nyan!

Here is your hug (>'.')>

And profile here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shinji-6951/hero/25982548

I've really enjoyed reading your posts, amazing what you are doing for for the DH community. Hug for that (>^^)>

Would you mind taking a look at my 'Hunter? I've been playing monk for the majority of my time so I havn't really spent too much time or gold on him I guess. Though he has been around for a while - since finding a good Windforce around 1.03 or so :)

I play mostly solo on MP8 or in a two man DH group with a buddy, but some elite combos are a bit too hot to handle. To rectify that I'm not too sure whether to increase DPS to burn them down faster, or to stack some more mitigation to survive longer. Goal (hopefully before ROS arrives) is to be MP10 capable.

I'm currently using a stun bola/ bombardment build with manticore. For groups thinking of dropping out caltrops for marked for death. If I was tanky enough I'd love to drop perfectionist for tactical advantage, but generally enjoying the playstyle :)

Love to hear your assessment of where I'm at and how I can improve. I don't have much gold at the moment, perhaps only about 80mil to spend, so just a plan for future upgrades would be great. Glaringly obvious I'm thinking is my single socket manticore, but I'll be saving for a long time to get a significant upgrade for that. Oh, and please slap me, I know I have vit on there but I've been building up my health pool in anticipation of losing it when I eventually upgrade.

Thanks in advance and (>**)>
SCHOOL SUCKSSSSSSSSS~ and I will have exams fairly soon~

@Advocate (>^^)>

30 discipline
low eHP
low budget

Okay we can still work something out from here. You look like your going for the 1.818181 APS breakpoint (bombardment only).

10 ias manticore -> at least 51 ias on gear
18 ias deadman's legacy
9 ias mempo of twilight
8 ias inna's temperance
8 ias witching hour
8 ias natalya's reflection

11 ias manticore -> at least 49 ias on gear
remove 2 ias from above

Since you have a low budget, I recommend getting max discipline on your deadman's legacy. You should have at least 18 ias on this and rapid fire crit chance.

Natalya's reflection try to get crit chance on this along w/ average damage, socket or more dex. You could also look into eHP rolls like vitality, life%, all resistance or armor. This can be 8 ias.

Get a 9 ias mempo of twilight w/ 170+ dex and vitality.

Witching hour try to get some eHP in there. Armor, vitality, life%, all resistance, and possible more crit damage. This roll can be 8 ias.

Inna's temperance try to get more vitality. Try to go for about 130+ vitality. This roll can be 8 ias.

With your 10 ias manticore, you should now have at least 51 ias on your gear which lets you hit the breakpoint!

Litany of the undaunted try to get crit damage on this.

Try to get either pick up radius or vitality on your Natalya's bloody footprints (w/ the same amount of dex).

Try to get pick up radius or life% on your Vile wards (replacing the posion affix roll w/ this).

Try to get all resist on your gloves.

Keep crafting bracers! Try to slot in eHP! Another option is strongarm bracers w/ 200+ dex, 60+ vitality.

Get MUCH more vitality on your inna's vast expanse.

Overall your on your way, but you need just more of everything :/ which will be difficult at a low budget.

In terms of skills......

try using bola shot (either volatile explosives or bitter pill as a hatred generator instead. I usually don't recommend spray of teeth just because you are using a manticore which I feel is too slow for that skill :/ Furthermore the "spray" of spray of teeth doesn't proc night stalker.

The way you are geared at the moment, archery isn't a good passive to use tbh. You may want to use something like steady aim instead.

WANT SOME SPEED?

You can also try dropping sentry for preparation, use vault -> tumble, and tactical advantage passive. Given you have the sufficent discipline, you can run super speedy fast! I recommend using grenades -> cluster grenades w/ night stalker if you want to attempt this!

I hope this helps! <(^^<)

@DivineM (>^^)>

I'm glad you liking your DH so far! You were able to buy all of that for 50m? Wow! That is really damn good!

Having troubles w/ hatred? Try this!

- Use preparation -> punishment. This is a very good skill to have with night stalker and vengeance!
Some issues with it is that it can eat your discipline quickly. To avoid you abusing shadow power too much, you may also want to try chakram -> shuriken cloud and life steal snapshot that. This would make you use shadow power much less often!

Some other options are mark for death -> Mortal enemy. This shines more on killing monsters w/ high hp however.

Since the natalya's sight does not provide life% like the mempo does, I highly recommend to get life% on an additional slot such as your witching hour. As you level your paragon, you will also gain more HP too.

In the end, I want to be able to replace those vitality gems to emeralds!

With your remaining money, I would recommend getting a marquise ruby. This will be simply the most cost effective upgrade for you at the moment.

@DrWho345 (>^^)>

7,000,000m budget = 7 trillion budget? Umm Nyan is confused!

- Get a natalya's sight w/ crit chance and 70+ all resist!
- I think you should get some pick up radius on your vile wards!

You may want to try to get some AoE on your skills! You may find bombardment to be useful or even spike traps! Fire support is also really good too!

I also recommend using night stalker w/ preparation punishment! If you plan to use bombardment, you will not need preparation punishment with your attack speed and rely on bat companion instead.

Try using chakram -> shuriken cloud and life steal snapshot.

At this point, you may want to try to get to the other breakpoints if you want to increase your DPS. However depending on what your doing, you may start running into resource issues.

11/24/2013 08:49 PMPosted by DrWho345

Are you trolling Nyan? ^.^

In terms of paragon leveling before RoS, it's up to you. I'm not concerned about it at the moment myself, but some other people leveling like mad. Although I do have nearly 4 p100 DH's and some other toons :/

@shinji (>^^)>

All I do is give hugs! ^.^

Wow you did an excellent job gearing your DH! Extra hug to you! <(^^<)

Okay so overall looking at your gear, improvements are fairly obvious (your crafts are awesome!). The question is that which ones are going to be worth it to slap gold at.

At the moment, this is what it seems so far:
You have 39 discipline. Good!
You have excellent eHP! Good!
Your DPS is a bit low. May try to improve on this!
Your MP level preferences seems to be about 8-10.

If you are surviving perfectly fine, it might be better to consider getting more DPS. If you have difficulty, it isn't your gear most likely! Maybe you can further explain what situations that cause you trouble!

You can definitely try using MfD -> valley of death in groups.
If you feel that you still need perfectionist instead of tactical advantage, try using shadow power -> shadow glide. Gloom damage reduction doesn't snapshot so why not?
I highly recommend to drop night stalker for vengeance, and slot in preparation instead of vault. Vengeance will help you.....ALOT! And with pick up radius even more so!

Gems -> flawless star emeralds (~10-13m)
Deadman's legacy -> rapid fire crit chance (forgot prices). I recommend rapid fire crit chance because it seems though that your using rapid fire as your main damage dealer. So you want to buff this as much as you can.
Inna's temperance -> high vitality roll instead after replacing manticore? 9 ias.
Manticore -> 2 sockets, dex, 40+ weapon damage, 80+ crit damage, all the good stuff.
Natalya's reflection -> upgrade should be obvious! You may find crit damage better than crit chance w/ RF bonus on quiver.
Witching hour -> Hard to beat the 9 ias/49 cd. You may want to try to replace the magic find with pick up radius! ^.^
Shoulders -> Never thought I would say it, but try crafting better ones. Rest of your other crafts are really damn good!
Bracers -> You could try to get better as well!

Hi Nyan <(^^<),
Make it 100mil as I have since upgrade the calamity 2 days ago. You do know what happened during maintenance night? :)

I will try changing the skills. Thanks.
Hi Nyan!

(> '-')>

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WetSneeze-1919/hero/36811329

I'm fairly new to D3 but i have been doing my research as best i can. DH is my 3rd job i've leveled and i love every bit of it. As far as a budget i have about 100mil to toy with. I seem to be holding my own pretty well on MP4-5 but i'd like to go higher. Any advice you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks! ( '-')/

Edited: I now have about 500mil to play around with. I did a bit of research and found an abilities set up that let's me do MP10 with minimal effort as long as i pay attention to my surroundings and know when to stand and fight... and when to run away >.> Sorry, couldn't resist that last part... But, all that being said i would very much like some feed back on how i can improve my equipment over all and do MP10 with no effort at all.

Again, Nyanhugs! (> '-')> *hugs*
Sorry Nyan BIG HUG (>^^)> (>^^)> (>^^)> (>^^)> (>^^)>

I got confused, thank you so much for your advice

It is 7 million not trillion

I keep seeing a lot of positive Mempho of Twilight, with great stats but when I choose it, I never see it on my characters head, I will try to find another natalya's sight.

I am not trying to troll you I know it is closing, but did not know if there had been restrictions in place or anything like that.

Final question, do you think my character would survive a hellfire ring, infernal machine attempt

@DrWho345 (>^^)>

7,000,000m budget = 7 trillion budget? Umm Nyan is confused!

- Get a natalya's sight w/ crit chance and 70+ all resist!
- I think you should get some pick up radius on your vile wards!

You may want to try to get some AoE on your skills! You may find bombardment to be useful or even spike traps! Fire support is also really good too!

I also recommend using night stalker w/ preparation punishment! If you plan to use bombardment, you will not need preparation punishment with your attack speed and rely on bat companion instead.

Try using chakram -> shuriken cloud and life steal snapshot.

At this point, you may want to try to get to the other breakpoints if you want to increase your DPS. However depending on what your doing, you may start running into resource issues.

11/24/2013 08:49 PMPosted by DrWho345

Are you trolling Nyan? ^.^

In terms of paragon leveling before RoS, it's up to you. I'm not concerned about it at the moment myself, but some other people leveling like mad. Although I do have nearly 4 p100 DH's and some other toons :/