Create your own Legendary?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
I personally think this is a fantastic idea, even though it isn't new by any means. Keep in mind though it IS new for Diablo and as far as I can remember any other Blizzard game. Most of the time they keep this information pretty hush hush and kept behind the scenes. Getting an inside glimpse of the development process for one of the most important/influential parts of the Diablo series is going to be amazing, having the chance as a community to help shape even just one item is icing on the cake.

It is really a very awesome idea. No doubts about that. And it doesnt matter that it was done in other games alrady (not just only PoE by the way ...)

What disturbs me though, is the fact that Blizzard is really, very VERY slow as far as such stuff goes. To be honest? I am very dissapointent. D3 lacks so much evolution here and Blizzard is kinda behind the market, how games are released today and how they are maintained. Look at Guild Wars or Borderlands. Now I am not saying those games have better gameplay compared to D3. Thats not even what I am talking about. No, I mean only the support of the game by the developers. Like content patches, addons, events etc. Stuff to keep the community interested. I think its pretty obvious that gaming has changed over the last 20 years. The industry has matured, there is a lot of competition and yet Diablo 3 still feels "old" with a lot of what it does but not in a good way like that its old school. No, the game feels dead and lifeless without a proper and coherent support by the company. It also seems like there is a certain distance between developers and players. Probably not even on purpose. It just seems like the guys at Blizz sit in their little castle on top of the hill and every now and then they appear on the balcony to tell their population what they do. I mean a lot of the stuff they do now, like this "design a Legendary!" is something that I expected to see after release for example, to keep people interested. Though a lot of what we have seen so far is a bit underwhelming. Like the Ubers that give you a useless reward or the Paragorn system that has almost no meaning on your game.

Imagine if Diablo 3 would see every 4-6 months content that is worth 1 new act. Imagine the game would see every 2-3 months new items, events and monsters to hunt down. Maybe it has not even to be THAT huge with the content, but something where you have the feeling that the game isnt life less. I know comparing it with Guild Wars is a problem because GW2 is an MMORPG. But, and this is the important point, both GW2 and D3 use the same model. You buy the game once and that was it. Its not like WoW where you have to pay every month, nor is it a F2P model. Yet, while D3s population droped a lot over a short time, GW2 for some reason managed to keep the player base. Is GW2 the better game? I have no clue. But it seems that the developers throw regularly new content out which keeps some people interested and other people starting to play again.

I really expect more from Blizzard here. A company that was or still is known for games that are seem like a master piece and not just a "product".
10/19/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Zalm
I'm not saying Diablo 3 is a bad game(though its far from a good game, just not bad), I'm saying PoE is a clearly better game, in every aspect.

I like your post. It's written nicely. But all of that means nothing if you can't tell the difference between your own opinion and the gospel truth.
我不敢保证我有足够的脑细胞有很多很多的好注意
但我会儿就像看老朋友一样 时不时的说些个人认为的主意~!
越清晰的事物 或者主见 反响是很...棒 正反两面的人 立场鲜明 这是件好事情~!
帮我们看清现在 甚至是未来~!加油~
反响是很 ?
够的脑细胞有很多很多的好注意 !
10/22/2013 06:10 AMPosted by Godric
IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, BLIZZARD INVENTED THE ENTIRE GENRE

Ya that may be the case but Grinding Gear Games improved it blew it out of the water and made it their own. I'm so excited for the full release today!
10/22/2013 02:44 PMPosted by CrniVuk
Imagine if Diablo 3 would see every 4-6 months content that is worth 1 new act. Imagine the game would see every 2-3 months new items, events and monsters to hunt down. Maybe it has not even to be THAT huge with the content, but something where you have the feeling that the game isnt life less. I know comparing it with Guild Wars is a problem because GW2 is an MMORPG. But, and this is the important point, both GW2 and D3 use the same model. You buy the game once and that was it. Its not like WoW where you have to pay every month, nor is it a F2P model. Yet, while D3s population droped a lot over a short time, GW2 for some reason managed to keep the player base. Is GW2 the better game? I have no clue. But it seems that the developers throw regularly new content out which keeps some people interested and other people starting to play again.

Well, I like your comparison to GW2 being a one-time buy but still having new content.... I really don't know how they afford to keep doing it if they only make money on the initial payment... D3 is not an MMORPG and we aren't paying monthly installments. I feel like games like WoW spoiled us and now we just expect games to continue evolving and adding more content. What I really wish Blizz would do though is devote more people to the D3 team so that changes can happen *just* a little bit faster, or just have "mini" xpacs that add like a half an act for $10 every 6 months. That would be nice...

Right now, Blizzard is developing more WoW (probably their largest developer team by far because that's where the money is), Starcraft and D3 expansions, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard DotA), plus they have many employees who are just like, community managers or customer service etc. The development pace we're seeing is a result of Blizzard probably spreading their forces thin on their non-WoW projects.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, BLIZZARD INVENTED THE ENTIRE GENRE

Ya that may be the case but Grinding Gear Games improved it blew it out of the water and made it their own. I'm so excited for the full release today!

I'm glad you're excited but I wouldn't really go that far... they changed things and made it their own game, yes, but each game is unique and has its own qualities. Even though as of right now, PoE may have some improvements on the systems in D3, D3 creams it in so many other aspects... and will immediately catch up and win the race by a landslide as soon as Reaper of Souls is out. And there's still going to be a 2nd expansion after that adding just as much awesome stuff as RoS.

PoE will never beat D3. They have a worthy attempt but it looks like it came out 5 or 6 years ago and doesn't have near the same aesthetic quality.

Just my opinion of course.
我不敢保证我有足够的脑细胞有很多很多的好注意
但我会儿就像看老朋友一样 时不时的说些个人认为的主意~!
越清晰的事物 或者主见 反响是很...棒 正反两面的人 立场鲜明 这是件好事情~!
帮我们看清现在 甚至是未来~!加油~

反响是很 ?
够的脑细胞有很多很多的好注意 !

我可以谷歌翻譯太...
One nice thing about PoE is it doesnt have the playerbase with an obsession with "efficiency" like d3 does. Oh cool you can come up with a creative fun barb build in d3 now? Pfft here comes 30 barbs screaming "NOT AS EFFICIENT AS WW IT SUX." D2 wasnt about being "efficient" it was about having fun with a fun build.

"efficiency" will be the boring death of this game.

^^^ isn't it what is killing things in the real world too?

People say ... "dude, you should play this way!"

and I say ... "nah, I would rather play the way I want to play..."

What was wrong with creating a build and having fun with it?
10/18/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Would be great if a legendary could keep you company. Every minute or so it would talk to you and give you some random fact about the world around you.

O.o ... sentient weapons ... that would be fun.

We have Slorak's Madness, but the only interaction is laughing at you when you die.
I would like you to show me a game where everything in it is so original that it has never been done before. Can't do it can you that is because in all of the games that exist and have been created in the last 15-20 years ago are so numerous that the games of today have no doubt borrowed from others.

Take a game that is the first levelless, classless game that I have played The Secret World. It was released July 3, 2012. It might not be the first but it is a decent game.

Next your comment later on about Path of Exile being the first to allow players to design a Unique, Legendary, Set, etc... might be in error. The only way you would be able to say that with accuracy is if you can name all of the games that have been made in the past 20 years or more.

Also games of today do a lot of borrowing. Take another good example that is WoW vanilla. When it launched it borrowed a lot from other games. So Blizz is known for borrowing successful ideas from other games. Heck even the game City of Heroes borrowed the ideas like AH, user generated content, etc... from other games.

Game companies do that all of the time so that is nothing to squawk about.

But the program is new to the game. Show me where in the past we had an influence over the design of a legendary item to the degree we will be getting now.

Whether I participate in the program or not. I will at least be interested in learning all of the iteration steps in the design process. Then I might be able to better help them come up with cool new legendary and set ideas.
Seriously if you like that game so much, go play it instead of post here. Who cares who did it first. So many winy baby's in these forums. "If you don't like it, you can geeet out."
I don't know, you can call me a fanboy if you want but I tried getting into PoE, I really did. I played for about 6 months, and it just does not hold the appeal for me of the Diablo franchise. And yes, maybe one of those issues for me is, the Skill Tree or Path or whatever the heck its called, just too much. Yes, I agree there are some things about Diablo that I wish were different, but overall I have enjoyed playing 1 - 3 far more than any other game out there...even and especially PoE. And I am sure I am not the first, but what does it say about a franchise or a game that there are still people playing it, 15 years after its release, even after the newest release has come out, there are still, heck, probably at this very moment, people playing Diablo 2.
11/29/2016 03:47 PMPosted by Loquetis69
I don't know, you can call me a fanboy if you want but I tried getting into PoE, I really did. I played for about 6 months, and it just does not hold the appeal for me of the Diablo franchise. And yes, maybe one of those issues for me is, the Skill Tree or Path or whatever the heck its called, just too much. Yes, I agree there are some things about Diablo that I wish were different, but overall I have enjoyed playing 1 - 3 far more than any other game out there...even and especially PoE. And I am sure I am not the first, but what does it say about a franchise or a game that there are still people playing it, 15 years after its release, even after the newest release has come out, there are still, heck, probably at this very moment, people playing Diablo 2.

Same. You're not alone man
PoE is great, but nothing compares to it, like Diablo franchise (minus Diablo 3) to me had to offer.
PoE is a great game, if you don't like Diablo 3, I would suggest you play it. I would suggest playing Diablo II, but how that game is, it's dead. It's good for a short term play/progress, but after that it's just not what it used to be. I did ladder reset this season, found fathom, nightwing, felt amazing. (day 3?) And well, I remember how flooded the game is with bots, jsp, hacks, realm downs, and it just kills me to enjoy it, so I left that too. I can't stand anything Blizzard now, I am very sad, and will not continue playing Blizzard games until they take the fork out of their azz. And be legit, and not cater to casuals. Diablo 3 is the Warcraft schemed Diablo, it's sickening, and it was never needed. But they gone and F'd it up.
My mind is boggled, I can't even...
Game is utter sh1t, and they do nothing great to fix it, only small b/s patches that take a year to create, which is b/s. This is just B/S!

@#!@#@!#%$!@#!!%!@$!
Basically, sums it all up