for ppl who don't know what crypt run is

General Discussion
A properly prepped crypt, where the mothers spit the zombies 4-5 times can produce packs in the hundreds.

I personally watched a guy with a fresh 60 gain 6 paragon levels in one crypt run.

There is a room a couple minutes before the Leoric fight where there are 4 pillars that endlessly spawn skeletons as long as you don't destroy the pillars. I parked my monk next to them and activated my mantra that deals 20% weapon damage per second to all enemies in range so that the skeletons would just keep melting as they got close to me. I noticed that the skeletons spawning from these pillars don't actually give XP.

Can we get someone to test and CONFIRM that the regurgitated zombies actually give xp or not so we can tell if people are just making up these stories?
10/18/2013 02:07 PMPosted by BobGoatse22
I get more xp doing a weeping hollow run solo than crypt runs or any other pub game. Here's how:

That sounds like a nice way to have fun leveling solo at a decent pace. But the crypt runs he is talking about in a well organized group are many times faster. You described getting a little less than 100m xp per hour. Bad crypt runs are a couple hundred mil, and good ones are 5-600m xp per hour.
this "work around" makes me wish even more that NV gets removed from the game ...

10/18/2013 01:05 PMPosted by DoomBringer

I really HOPE Blizzard will nerf this kind of runs.
FOR THE SAKE OF THE PLAYERS!

This kind of playing is a violation to my brain.
How in hell players can do things like that.

I really have no answer to that question.

This also shows that regular Joe has no chance of competing in Sharagon Level once Ladder comes out.

so you are saying people playing together are more effective? What a shock ...

What has to go is the nephalem bonus. This is the real source of the problem. It is not only a punishment to single player, but also people playing in groups, regardless if they play well together or not, but you can not go for a quick game for example. It always feels like you waste your time if you play without 5 stacks.
@cepitore they give xp. 450m/hour in 4 players. Mp10.
Nerf crypt runs. Remove NV. There are others, I'm sure.

If I don't like it or want it, you cannot have it either.

Yanno, that kind of mentality is fairly prevalent in society. Those people should not be allowed to reproduce.

E.T.A. : I can't really do MP10 very well. MP9 is a sorta OK, but I think those should go too. If I can't play them, neither can you.
this "work around" makes me wish even more that NV gets removed from the game ...

This also shows that regular Joe has no chance of competing in Sharagon Level once Ladder comes out.

What has to go is the nephalem bonus. This is the real source of the problem. It is not only a punishment to single player, but also people playing in groups, regardless if they play well together or not, but you can not go for a quick game for example. It always feels like you waste your time if you play without 5 stacks.

are you retarded? why get rid of NV? even if you didn't have NV you would still level faster in a party because you get more exp bonus for every person that joins the game...please state your reasoning in a logical manner not just saying.."if FEELS like a waste without a 5 stack" maybe you just don't make the most of things is your problem

are you retarded? why get rid of NV? even if you didn't have NV you would still level faster in a party because you get more exp bonus for every person that joins the game...please state your reasoning in a logical manner not just saying.."if FEELS like a waste without a 5 stack" maybe you just don't make the most of things is your problem

Thats sarcasm. get it?
the problem with crypt runs is the prep time

if you have the gold, you can actually set up a huge group of people to keep prepping crypts in different games.

meaning your main group will just hop over someone's prepped crypt run to keep the xp/hour going

finish game, hop over next prepped crypt, etc etc

this is by far the best if you have the gold to spend
10/19/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Cepitore
am I missing something here? how does this end up giving more xp than normal? This idea to me just sounds like an unnecessary hassle. You could probably get your 5 stacks sooner if you all just stuck together so that elites don't take twice as long to kill. Festering woods usually has 4-5 stacks in it anyway, and even if you leave there with only 4 stacks, it will only take another 30 seconds to find an elite in the fields of misery. Plus, if you split up, each group is missing out on the xp that the other group is earning. This plan doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, you are missing something.

When you can watch your exp bar physically move, and gain paragon 99-100 in a few hours, then you can see how this run trumps all.