Can 100 be done in < 24 Hours?

Monk
I'm sure a 4 man group dragging every mob in a zone next to the WP and then the 24hr character joins and blows up everything in 15 seconds WP back to town and leave!

/lame
My roomate in college used to do Diablo runs where a team would clear to diablo, he'd join and get the killing blow to get a chunk of XP to climb that ladder!

/lamer
My roomate in college used to do Diablo runs where a team would clear to diablo, he'd join and get the killing blow to get a chunk of XP to climb that ladder!

/lamer

You think YOUR roomate was a lamer?

My roommate in college had multiple computers running multiple instances of D2 and wrote bots to have full groups and do runs for him while asleep/at work for SoJs etc.... He would then sell all that for forum gold on jsp and had some buyers for actual $$

He made a lot of cash and then was banned from jsp because you cant sell forum gold...

he recently told me his d2 accounts were deleted due to inactivity.

so speaking of lamers.... there is one for ya! haha...

Oh, he botted Hellgate London too and banked off that.
I will repeat the possibility is out of reach.
accounting for human error, the necessary people to coordinate premade preped crypt runs AND hold them open and ready, the need for everyone involved in holding those games preped not losing connection, or having power or internet failure, etc etc
= way too many factors involved to make this possible within the limitations or obstacles you will have to deal with.

its like me saying, its Possible for me to pass gas outside and someone inside the house will smell it...IF the wind blows just right, and there happens to be a window open, and by luck (or lack thereof if your the recipient) there is a current of air inside the home directing it to that persons face.

basically for this to be within possibility, we are speaking of needing a team of people with good internet connection/speed, to find and prep multiple crypts over this time period (can be people literally just holding games for this purpose who turn the game over to the actual 4 people running this attempt)
and the 4 players would have to have GG end game gear / awsome pc's and internet to maximize potential.
a WD is essential for only being able to round up mobs of a whole area to one area of a map, so a WD could prep mapp areas and not even be needed in the game for kills etc.
i would then thinks using these methods to prep games where the powerleveling recipient can just chain join to gain max xp per hour.
. the fact the 3 barbs/WD got 34 hours is they could literally all crit rend on same mobs and run off letting mobs die without wasting time hitting them a few times.
this means if you optimize for dps buffs etc with, you lose time in manuverability most likely.
Unless you have completely prepped games with all mobs in 1 general location per map zone.

I would think you need the aforementioned premade/prepped games ready and waiting, where a WD has rounded up all mobs to 1 location in each of the maps, all NV stack elites melted down to near death, with GG geared 4 man rend WW barb group or GG geared- 1 buffer monk with cyclone strike and 3 CoB WD.

TLDR: it is not Impossible, But HIGHLY unlikely to happen in current game design/mechanics and or playerbase.

Edit: Fixed some typos:
Amiar actually the exp bonus for teammates as well as NV is now multiplicative.. I was at 780 % 0 nv with hellfire + rad star ruby 1285 % after 5 NV.. otherwise I was thinkin just crypt it the whole time.

There were areas of significant waste.. waited 30 sec in town for teleport to 2 instead of the guy who had it.. I was prep'ing before Id switch and start timer so I never had the crypt map-- lotta should've skippeds. Wasnt my optimal group but wasnt bad either.

Possibility?? -- > 3 WDs and 1 Monk FoM almost full pull w/ 3 pestilence seems like sometimes this is as good, of course it takes higher survivability + tactics.
Darth, the quality of some of the people you play with wouldn't be even close to on point for doing this run.

My fastest, most efficient run I've done was me on WD, Archon wizard, and 2 ZDPS monks who were spamming EP everywhere. It was amazing.

You need good synergy and good players for an efficient crypt run. I've been in a run where I spent like 4min prepping crypts and everyone else just stood in town doing nothing. -_-
For prepping, my team uses 1 barb and locust wd from opposite ends of crypt, wd/barb for fields, and a dps toon for elites. Rounding all of FOM in one area is pretty stupid, the lag is too insane and will most likely result in death. Prepping it in 2-3 locations where the mobs funnel into a corridor in a straight line is the most optimal.

For clearing crypts/fom we use; plaque bats wd, 2 high dps archon + 1 zds.

Probably the most efficient and fastest preps.
mmmmmmmm i dont know guys, but way i see it, the hours of all those preppers should be accounted for. however much time they spent on trying to get crypt spawn should be included in the hours....... :)
10/24/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Amiar
My fastest, most efficient run I've done was me on WD, Archon wizard, and 2 ZDPS monks who were spamming EP everywhere. It was amazing.

So it wasn't just me! Two ZDS alongside two bomb dps is just sick fast. Implosions going off like 2 per second, constantly moving, clumping, annihilating. I had so much fun in that group ^_^

I thought the two ZDS would just overlap too much in buffs, but with two, one can focus BIGTIME on palms (only one ZDS had palm loaded on the run w Amiar). Each pack looked like a palm tree.

With one ZDS covering Guiding Light, that freed up TWO slots on the other ZDS (me). I used rising tide as only generator, since first ZDS had breaking wave, and I tried infused w light and blind for the active slot and resolve for the passive.

When stuff dies really fast, all that seems to matter is implosion and mobility.
Just a heads up, people have already thought about this record and are doing it. Just because Chaz/detox are famous, doesn't mean they are the leaders. Just like Glowsticks is famous, but he's not the first to reach P1000. There are several groups that are hitting around 550-630m xp/hr. There are better strats.

But I don't really approve of these runs because it's misleading. It's just that technically and on paper, they are reaching these high numbers. It's like the CoB 7-sec or Insanity 10-sec Ghom kill time. Yes, you did it, but ehhhh, not really.

I also ran with Vox a little bit yesterday. I much prefer his type of runs. Honest, clean, having fun, and not too bad on efficiency. Not a e-peen contest to impress people who don't know any better.
Awe, gee thanks, Kiza :)

Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread is thinking about doing 100 in 24h. It's just not fun or rewarding. It is kinda fun to theorize about how it might be done tho!
Awe, gee thanks, Kiza :)

Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread is thinking about doing 100 in 24h. It's just not fun or rewarding. It is kinda fun to theorize about how it might be done tho!

Exactly. I would never be able to do that nor do I think it's fun. But I do enjoy the theory behind it AND would be impressed if anyone actually did it. It's nice to have a goal and go towards it even if no one else will.

As an example, I had a goal way back to get first P100 before expansion. I ended up grinding so much I got it a few weeks ago. Now, running my alt Monk, my plan is to get that to P100 before 2014. Would it be awesome to do some pure speed XP runs, sure. But as long as I have fun along the way, that's what really matters. That and my friend rolled a WD and is trying to level up as close to me as possible (I'm @45, he's @42) so it's been fun to do that as well.