@CC or other LOH monks

Monk
@Blade,

I think you should buy a Lacuni, because more ias is good for LOH monk.
If you get a AR on lacuni and you want vit and dex then you can't have over 100 of either.

Isn't 2 piece BT set 100 vit?

Hmmm if it is I may be able to completely drop the vit on my rare ring and go for dps and loh this might work. Also why I would just go for dex on lacuni instead of both the all res is a must for me

Because 200 dex, 100 vit, 6/9 lacuni's would be amazing :P.

Hmmm if it is I may be able to completely drop the vit on my rare ring and go for dps and loh this might work. Also why I would just go for dex on lacuni instead of both the all res is a must for me

Because 200 dex, 100 vit, 6/9 lacuni's would be amazing :P.

Did you see that stat? :S
No I was just saying why you might not want AR on lacuni's haha.
10/22/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Cayzer

I think CC's one is pretty good and expensive too!
All these conversations will add some good info to my build guide

@cc going to look to you for some build specs if you could share some different variations with me that would be awesome
It's not a whole lot different then this BladeMaster.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nahsi-1156/hero/36420711

Rings are very much inter changeable. Like Hellfire, Litany, or Wailing Host for instance. It's mostly w/e approach you want. It really just depends what you want to stack more at any given time.

Higher LoH and a bit lower IAS

or

Lower LoH but higher IAS

or

Try to push for the sky in both! @_@;
@nashi
But there is more to it than just what you are using for builds and gearing which is why I am compiling the info into the guide. It really will boil down to personal preference. I would ask you since your running trigen why not a fist of Azz and a Wkl they can both roll LOH and your lightning based skills will do more damage plus the first of Azz come with a small stun.

There are many options available :)
@Blade

I have all those things you mentioned - but from an LoH standpoint, I much prefer using Shenlongs. That is an item set I am most passionate about, thus efficiency and micro managing my min/max values isn't a real concern as opposed to enjoyment.

I've been running with the premise of LoH since the beginning, and honestly it's no different than LS builds. Course there are many skill/gear variations to accomplish essentially the same thing.

I was merely reiterating what CC was describing as a particular route one could take, in which I was using at this current moment. I've given links many times of different variations in various threads; as you said it boils down to personal preference and what that individual has to work with at that given moment.

Bottom line is that it isn't always just about gearing for the highest DPS/eHP/efficiency ALL the time. One can play around and be creative and still do amazing in end game content.
I couldn't agree more. Efficient doesn't always mean killing as fast as possible. Dead dps is 0 so if you can run a LOH build and almost never die with 200 k dps your better off than 250k dps and dying and As you said sometimes it's fun just to mess around. Some of the gear you have can be pretty expensive same goes for myself and cc. I want the guide to be able to gear a cheap LOH build which is why I am putting in as many gearing options and build choices as possible.

If you have suggestions for different build I would be glad to hear them and add them into the build guide :)

Also admit it you like the shens for the cool ball lol hadooken
10/22/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Cayzer

D'oh!

I just found a nice stacked AR/PR Lacuni's to up my resistances. Though, I'm not at any price level to afford BiS yet, so I'm taking resists wherever I can fit them in. (Sorry to bore anyone with budget LoH gearing drama...)

Perhaps I've taken the wrong path on item tradeoffs, but I seem to have worked my way into a corner where any upgrade is 100M+, but I'm still on a 5-10M budget. I'm guessing that I've stacked sustain on items that aren't typically known for sustain and dmg on items that are usually cheaper to find sustain?
Just eq for both max LS and LOH problem solved
Nice write up BladeMaster.

I have also been tinkering with a LOH setup using Shen's. I am at about 1900 LOH and definitely find reflect packs more challenging compared with my other Rare sword w/ 2.2 LS and WKL setup. With the sword/WKL I can face tank 2 enemies with reflect up at once where i cant even face tank 1 with the LOH build for the most part. How is everyone else doing against reflect damage with just LOH (how much do you have)? Obviously i use dashing strike to jump to white mobs when reflect is active and then jump on them when reflect drops, but it is more time consuming (doing MP8 btw).

Also even though my shen's give me around 7K paper DPS boost and 3.5K EHP over the other weapons (sword/WKL), the kill speed seems slower most likely due to the lightning damage.

Anyways keep up the nice work.

~V
I am currently running around with 2200+ LOH and 2.5/2.9 APS with the but from blazing fists its enough sustain for RD

Look into an inna chest and swap pants for BT pants extra LOH and good ehp. You will need a pair of lacuni bracers to make up the move speed and ias
I am currently running around with 2200+ LOH and 2.5/2.9 APS with the but from blazing fists its enough sustain for RD

Well done, Mr. Blade!

Your New Tal chest, Lacuni and Blackthorn pants are holy great. Excellent AR, iAs and plenty of LOH make you have good sustainable, mitigation, offensive and defensive. You are the king of LOH in D3 and coming RoS!
10/23/2013 07:26 PMPosted by ManUnited

Well done, Mr. Blade!

Your New Tal chest, Lacuni and Blackthorn pants are holy great. Excellent AR, iAs and plenty of LOH make you have good sustainable, mitigation, offensive and defensive. You are the king of LOH in D3 and coming RoS!

Funny you say that captain Carl called me the LOH master today lol. He still take credit as the Shen master thou.
10/23/2013 07:37 PMPosted by BladeMaster

Well done, Mr. Blade!

Funny you say that captain Carl called me the LOH master today lol. He still take credit as the Shen master thou.

Now, we have two Shenlong Masters in the forum.
I snagged a Wkl today with 5/25 900 dps almost 500loh for 1 mil
10/23/2013 08:31 PMPosted by BladeMaster
I snagged a Wkl today with 5/25 900 dps almost 500loh for 1 mil

OMG, it is too cheap. I should buy one for future!
Yeah they are super cheap and there's lots of them lol not so many 5/25 but they are there.

Next up on my list a fist of Azz to go with my wkl