Squishy Monk ::sadface::

Monk
When I first looked to this forum, I was able to survive MP0. Mostly.

Thanks to AlphaShift, I can now play MP7 comfortably, MP8 is OK, MP9 Shaky, and MP10 I am undertaker bait.

I know part of the problem is my personal playing skill. That will come with time. For now tho, I am relegated to solo play. If I cannot solo MP10, I will not join a game at that level, because no way can I pull my weight, right? Ever try to find a Key Run at <MP10? Nobody does that.

So here I am at ~197k DPS, 488k EHP, Resists 587 (OWE) and 3.00 LS, and 6yds Pickup Radius (yeah - I rely on that stat for globes)

In MP10, I die like a Templar. I can do trash mobs, but Elites often kill me a few times before I wear them out, they get bored, and die for me.

Looking for suggestions...

I would like to replace the EF, I am getting tired from chasing the "feared" enemies.
I have tried crafting for more Resist, etc. Haedrig hates me. Second thought about me killing his wife?
With 2.0 coming in who knows how long, I wold prefer not to go too crazy spending, but I think I do need more LS, maybe LOH?
I realize I will sacrifice some paper DPS - but how much is too much?

Wisdom will be greatly appreciated!
With your skill setup you really need dual ls, loh could help but you will still have to kite.
For now just try to change some skills, switch fot to quickening for faster spirit, bells can sustain pretty well even with single ls but you need fast spirit fills so you can stay on the outside. Drop either blinding flash or boh for dashing strike and use it to jump in and fill spirit and escape cc and other ground goo.
If you want to do some mp10 key runs add me, that's about the only thing I do if my friends are offline.
Thanks - I appreciate the wisdom, and yeah, I'll give you a shout!
dual ls

but also with the right group you're fine for mp 10 little low on personal dps but if you're using mantra of conviction (overawe) buffing someone else for 24/48% is enough that and ep
OK so I will focus on getting the second LS weapon. I know I will be looking at a drop in sheet DPS, but I also realize that DPS is useless when you're dead, so... lol

So I am guessing that the increased LS will mean I don't really need to worry over increasing my Resists?
maybe 1 spot of res possibly try crafting bracers for a all res and phys roll gonna be hard but that's what I would be crafting

but also Zdps support monk is good for high dps groups if you feel you're holding them back but i wouldn't worry that much about it
I'll try a few more then - I know I wandered away too soon on the crafting.
OK so I will focus on getting the second LS weapon. I know I will be looking at a drop in sheet DPS, but I also realize that DPS is useless when you're dead, so... lol

So I am guessing that the increased LS will mean I don't really need to worry over increasing my Resists?

There is no such thing as too much mitigation, but there are points where high levels of mitigation can become unnecessary depending on your build. For example, I have 788 all resist with OWE in my main set, but monks running the Nirvana build would probably find it completely unnecessary for that much. I don't use Nirvana and I prefer to run with only one life steal weapon in MP10, so it works well for me.

Baggins is spot-on in stating that dual res bracers will probably take a while. I crafted several hundred before I got mine, but it is very worth it! : )
Several...... hundred......

Okay then... lol

So yeah - long ways to go from where I am on that score
Several...... hundred......

Okay then... lol

So yeah - long ways to go from where I am on that score

Possibly. Some people get an amazing roll after crafting one item. RNG is RNG, as they say.

The way I look at it is this:
1) Crafted bracers with the right rolls will beat anything in the AH.
2) Crafting GG bracers might cost far less than what anything similar would in the AH.
3) The AH is going away, so you might as well get used to crafting. : )
Hi there. IF you find you are dying too much, i suggest changing 2 skill runes:

Bell rune to blinding light. stun works well. I used it alot when i did not have dual LS.

Change out fitl or boh for dashing strike quicksilver. Without serenity, imo u need a manuvre skill.
I started taking changes 1 at a time, didn't have much play time over the past couple days.

I feel like I am getting some great info - Thanks Everyone!

What I tried first was going to FoT/Quickening. I found that Spirit was coming in so fast, I was able to drop more bells, and of course that held them off me, and with Overawe, killed them quite handily.

Without the little dash at the beginning of FoT now, I do feel sluggish, so now I will be adding in teh Dashing Strike, as you guys have suggested.

As fast as Spirit is refilling, I might actually be able to swap out ES.
I found a cheap sword with 3.00 LS on it and replaced my EF with it. It was a huge hit to my DPS, but this is just an experiment anyway.

So the LS is working great. Takes a while to kill anything like this, but I was semi-OK in MP10, finding MP8 to be pretty easy.

If nothing else, I will get used to kiting a bit and and it will keep me from being in such a hurry.

Now I guess I start watching for something with better DPS, and the LS of course.
switch your weapons axe to main hand if u havent done so
monk is fun to use u get there in time
I was thinking fastest in the main hand, but yes, Bell dmg is based on main hand wep only. Oops, and switched.

OK, so the experiment has shown that the dual LS is what has been lacking. Now to see about getting my DPS back. Not much to choose from out there. Maybe because i'ts Monday, might have to wait till the weekend.