PC or console?

General Discussion
10/29/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Enslaved
What I really wanted to see was more legendaries drop during 1-60, and just all together really. I guess after 60 though you see less legs though? or just less upgrades?

Oh no, the number remains steady though with you getting better and better gear there are a good portion at 60 that are no longer upgrades. It returns to the same as PC, trying to get the trifecta which is just as difficult on the console. I think the more legendaries dropping creates a better illusion of good items dropping, at the very least like I said it feels more rewarding even if i am not upgrading constantly.

10/29/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Enslaved
but what really kept me interested was seeing uniques and set items drop more frequently. And in D3 when a legendary drops I still feel a sense of excitement. When a set items drops I am even more excited because I have only found 1 since release :(

Pretty much this I think, see what I said above. It is much more exciting finding trash legendaries and sets than it is trash yellows and blues. It seems that once you hit the gear wall in the console the upgrade path is similar to the way it is in PC, but with console you see a lot of gold and the PC you see a lot of yellow. As for upgrades it feels fairly similar once you hit the gear wall and start delving into paragon.
10/29/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Grimiku
I play Diablo III on PC and the 360, and I plan on continuing to do so, but my preference leans slightly towards the PC. I think that's just because it's the platform I play most games on. If you find yourself playing more and more console games, then that's what I would recommend. Also, it might be a good idea to wait and see what news comes out, since Blizzcon (and more information about Diablo III) is right around the corner.

Plan on playing both?
unless you don't plan to sleep....

I am playing PC only...and I forgot when I sleep last time...
Yawn...
@_@
10/29/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Luffy
I play Diablo III on PC and the 360, and I plan on continuing to do so, but my preference leans slightly towards the PC. I think that's just because it's the platform I play most games on. If you find yourself playing more and more console games, then that's what I would recommend. Also, it might be a good idea to wait and see what news comes out, since Blizzcon (and more information about Diablo III) is right around the corner.

Plan on playing both?

I am playing PC only...and I forgot when I sleep last time...
Yawn...
@_@

What do You expect from Blue response!? xD

Buy PC and console version, both are best! LOL :D

btw game is still siet! ;)
10/29/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Audial
What I really wanted to see was more legendaries drop during 1-60, and just all together really. I guess after 60 though you see less legs though? or just less upgrades?

Oh no, the number remains steady though with you getting better and better gear there are a good portion at 60 that are no longer upgrades. It returns to the same as PC, trying to get the trifecta which is just as difficult on the console. I think the more legendaries dropping creates a better illusion of good items dropping, at the very least like I said it feels more rewarding even if i am not upgrading constantly.

but what really kept me interested was seeing uniques and set items drop more frequently. And in D3 when a legendary drops I still feel a sense of excitement. When a set items drops I am even more excited because I have only found 1 since release :(

Pretty much this I think, see what I said above. It is much more exciting finding trash legendaries and sets than it is trash yellows and blues. It seems that once you hit the gear wall in the console the upgrade path is similar to the way it is in PC, but with console you see a lot of gold and the PC you see a lot of yellow. As for upgrades it feels fairly similar once you hit the gear wall and start delving into paragon.

Ya I'd definitely be down for having the illusion of better gear dropping lol, but I guess that's what they plan to do with the pre-expansion patch. It sounds like they want to make it easier to get upgrades as well, with smart loot and the mystic. So we'll have to see.

It sounds like the console version at the moment is better, but I don't think it's enough to switch to console especially since there will be changes coming to PC. Again the only reason I would switch over to console would be to play with friends, because they play more on console than PC :( .. but if babrino was right in saying that..

- Blizzard has stated that the PC version is their primary focus.
- There's no guarantee that D3 (especially on last gen) consoles will continue to get patch and expansion(s) support for another 3+ years.

then there's a good chance I may just stick with PC.
10/29/2013 01:01 PMPosted by babinro
- There's no guarantee that D3 (especially on last gen) consoles will continue to get patch and expansion(s) support for another 3+ years.

NO

PS4 now is similar, near the same port as PC. Games for PS4 will be write firstly on PC port and later switched to PS4 port!

That why They will be promote console versions and PC version will be still siet! xD
If you want a good game now, get it on console and don't waste a second of your time playing PC. PC is complete sewer filth compared to console right now...

On the other hand if you don't mind waiting for a good game, get it a year from now for the PC.
If you want a good game now, get it on console and don't waste a second of your time playing PC. PC is complete sewer filth compared to console right now...

On the other hand if you don't mind waiting for a good game, get it a year from now for the PC.

Well I already have it for PC, but I haven't been playing it. I'm waiting for the pre-expansion patch and RoS to release.. then there's a good chance I might start playing it again. I may get it for 360 too to play with a friend on there, but I'm still not sure.
I also tried the ps3 demo and it was a big NO NO, it felt awful in so many levels.

But there's nothing left to do in PC though.

Over 170 ubers runs, 100% achievements, 10 heroes to lvl 60, 3 para 100 (deleted 1 HC to get more SC paragons for it seems that's the only valuable thing u can carry over RoS) but is so boring.

just waiting for xpac, playing some gta v while taking a short d3 break
I will play where everything started, PC ftw!!! If your the kind of person who just simply likes playing games, try the console too.
I'm a PC guy, but I've heard nothing but good things about the console version, good loot good gold sinks, fun Unlike the still beta'd PC D3.
But since I already have a copy of D3 for PC, I have no reason to buy a copy for console.
10/29/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Grimiku
Also, it might be a good idea to wait and see what news comes out, since Blizzcon (and more information about Diablo III) is right around the corner.

I am surprised none pointed this out, but reading between the lines to me this sounds a lot like PTR Loot 2.0/RoS Beta is around the corner for PC and will get announced at Blizzcon. So if I had to choose between console and PC knowing soon PTR/Beta I would obviously choose PC. :D
I just play on PC. Sure, I would like to own the console version solely for the local co-op feature, however, that's not enough to get me to go out and purchase an xbox or PS3 just to play it.
10/29/2013 01:01 PMPosted by babinro

They did? Was this before or after they took members of the PC development team and had them start working on developing console? Primary focus? Yeah right,that is a laugh. Have not seen a patch in 9 months and PC is the primary focus. Ok sure Blizz.
What!?!? You haven't played this series long Im guessing. D1-D2-D3 are PC games...some were ported to console but it was obviously never designed to be a console game.....

I think he was saying that the state of the PC version is so bad, that it must have been designed with consoles in mind and I have to agree with him.
PC Diablo is a joke, they sold our for console money.
Plan on playing both?

He is just doing some marketing and advertising for Blizz so he can keep his blue letters. He cannot come out and say, "yeah console is the way to go." I am sure he will be playing D3 a lot on his 360 when RoS hits the PC.

They did? Was this before or after they took members of the PC development team and had them start working on developing console? Primary focus? Yeah right,that is a laugh. Have not seen a patch in 9 months and PC is the primary focus. Ok sure Blizz.

pretty much this, if PC is their primary focus. why not just release Loot 1.5? they had months to do this? instead we're going to have to wait till march??? i call bs.
10/30/2013 11:35 AMPosted by RocketQueen

Ya it has taken them way too long to release a patch.

10/30/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Neverdone
pretty much this, if PC is their primary focus. why not just release Loot 1.5? they had months to do this? instead we're going to have to wait till march??? i call bs.

Ya really they could have at least given us loot 1.5. Like I said above it has taken way too long for a new patch to come out and that's what makes me think they aren't focusing on the PC at all. And March for taking down the AH is pretty ridiculous. If we have to wait until then for the pre-expansion patch also, who knows if I'm even going to be interested anymore. It's not like I am now so.
I have the PC & console version, needless to say, couch co-op + gamepad = pure bliss.