i have no interest in transmog

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 25 Next

pretty much.
next thing you know they will be BoAing everything we dye too :(

It really bothers me that the players that are left playing now accept BoA as part of the Diablo game play. At this trajectory, we'll find BoA for cosmetics acceptable in about 12 months.

As of now nothing is finalized. I don't see a problem with binding enchanted or transmorg items, but crafting should be completely BOA free.
11/01/2013 06:37 AMPosted by justhackitup
Still no word on Legendary and Set items being able to be dyed. Damn. Looks like that whole idea has been scrapped in favor of transmog. What a waste :/

The last I heard they were still working on it. I sincerely hope it hasn't been scrapped. :(
11/01/2013 07:53 AMPosted by End
As of now nothing is finalized. I don't see a problem with binding enchanted or transmorg items, but crafting should be completely BOA free.

diablo is not wow

the term "boa" should be as foriegn to this game
as "blood and gore" is to wow

i know they say they dont develop off wow concepts...yea yea
but then why does it feel like they never even played d2

diablo is not wow

the term "boa" should be as foriegn to this game
as "blood and gore" is to wow

i know they say they dont develop off wow concepts...yea yea
but then why does it feel like they never even played d2

Except the torch and annihilus weren't tradable, so basically BOA.

Whatever you think Diablo was died with Blizzard North. If players have the option to re-roll specific affixes that item should be removed from the economy.

You think 2barb/vis/3bo would be worth nearly as much if players could simple re-roll an affix? Not likely.

Enchanting is a completely new concept to the Diablo franchise, yet the thought of BOA items seem "foreign?" Hate to say it, but DIII is completely foreign.

Again, I don't see a problem with enchanted or transmorg items being bound.

Still no word on Legendary and Set items being able to be dyed. Damn. Looks like that whole idea has been scrapped in favor of transmog. What a waste :/

The last I heard they were still working on it. I sincerely hope it hasn't been scrapped. :(

Would be nice to get clarification on the matter.
Agreed mystic seem to be yet another NPC that'll go hungry for money like the blacksmith. Stupid feature. RoS starting the disappointed Diablo fans all over again. I'd rather see a quest where we get to kill Shen and steal the horadric cube and craft things without the need of tomes or money...... right like in D2. Maybe save Chelstie (what ever the chick's name was from act 1 D2) she takes the horadric malus and smashes the greedy btard's skull in awarding us with cube.
10/31/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Alexandros
I really hope this is a subtle hint that your devs may find the complainants are right on this one and that BoA on transmog has a chance of disappearing into the aether. It's a great system (even by the consideration of many who have never been MMO guys, WoW in particular) that I'd love to not see crippled for the sake of sinking items. =)

It’s more than a subtle hint. I actually just spoke to Wyatt this morning, and they’ve already tasked removing BoA from transmogrification. :)

About transmogrification skins and crafted legendaries.

Since transmogrification skins for legendaries will be unlocked by identifying the item, what happens with crafted legendaries that come already identified?
Will craft at least one of them count as having identified one?
Will we be able to use those skins for transmogrification if the blacksmith knows how to craft them?

Wyatt told me to tell you “great point.” We’re looking into it right now. If the tech can support it, we’d like to grant players visual appearances for crafted Legendaries the first time they craft the item.
11/01/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Lylirra
I really hope this is a subtle hint that your devs may find the complainants are right on this one and that BoA on transmog has a chance of disappearing into the aether. It's a great system (even by the consideration of many who have never been MMO guys, WoW in particular) that I'd love to not see crippled for the sake of sinking items. =)

It’s more than a subtle hint. I actually just spoke to Wyatt this morning, and they’ve already tasked removing BoA from transmogrification. :)

About transmogrification skins and crafted legendaries.

Since transmogrification skins for legendaries will be unlocked by identifying the item, what happens with crafted legendaries that come already identified?
Will craft at least one of them count as having identified one?
Will we be able to use those skins for transmogrification if the blacksmith knows how to craft them?

Wyatt told me to tell you “great point.” We’re looking into it right now. If the tech can support it, we’d like to grant players visual appearances for crafted Legendaries the first time they craft the item.

Lylirra mind getting an update on legendary dyes?
I actually just spoke to Wyatt this morning, and they’ve already tasked removing BoA from transmogrification. :)

I is happy.

Ecstatic, rather.

:D
Twitter: @Jaetch
Great news! Thanks for the update :)
Hip hip, hooray!

I'm glad it was removed :)
what!? boa is gone~

I have a request (written on the blog already)

it would be nice if when we transmog a rare and its 'icon' also changes (if this makes the item boa so be it)
does anyone really care how pretty my character looks?
this seems like little girls playing doll dressup

Being able to visually customize your character is something that many players enjoy, even in Diablo III. Unfortunately, right now it's super difficult to experiment with different looks (or even achieve certain looks) without crippling your character's power or efficiency. With transmogrification, players can continue to wear the gear that makes them feel powerful, while also wearing something that makes them feel pretty*. That seems pretty win-win to us, and certainly worthy of development resources.

Yes, not everyone will want to take advantage of transmogrification, but many players will and ideally it'll make their in-game experience more enjoyable as a result.

*See also: awesome, manly, epic, bada<em/>ss, like a boss, [positive adjective here].

10/29/2013 12:42 PMPosted by dewey
forgive me....for being a party pooper

I don't think you're being a party pooper at all. I just think you're voicing an opinion that might be different from other players you interact with. Having a differing opinion isn't bad and it certainly doesn't fall into party pooper territory. It's when you assume that your opinion is more valid than others (particularly if said opinion seeks to belittle the enjoyment of people who aren't you) and start to be a jerk about it that you need to be careful of your Double-P status. ;)

i can think of so many other things i would like to see
instead of transmog

The majority of design decisions aren't really binary like that (i.e. you get this OR that), and we've no plans to remove transmogrification at this point given the positive feedback it's received thus far.

Even so, let's entertain the discussion. What kind of features would you like to see in Reaper of Souls instead of or in addition to transmogrification? And why?

You're a good "community manager" even if you have a bizarre title. I don't think that the d3 community is something that can be "managed" :)
Great news indeed.

Good, that little bit didn't make much sense to me. I see Transmog as a kind of dye so to speak and AFAIK using a dye doesn't make an item BoA.

However, making the item BoA for upgrading it still makes a lot of sense. I hope that part gets left in there.
End:
Except the torch and annihilus weren't tradable, so basically BOA.

Sorry to correct you but the torch and annihilus were completely tradeable. You could only carry 1 at a time though. For an Anni - just use the trade window and give it to another player.

For a torch - it was slightly more complicated. you and the other player had to drop torches and then pick up the one you wanted. Lots of scam chances there and lots of players WERE scammed. IF the player wanting the torch had NONE though, it was completely tradeable through the trade window.
Just want to make sure the devs take care of the following:

Please make sure a transmogrification gets undone as soon as someone puts the item in a trade window. Could bring up a lot of whining if people click too fast and suddenly notice the item they just got is just looking like a huge weapon.

I mentioned that because Lylirra once stated the transmogrification is bind to the item, not the character.