Rate the Barb above You

Barbarian
Prev 1 13 14 15 25 Next
@suddenZenith, Fantastic sugggestions! I will test out at when I get the chance! This is why I love these threads! :)

Next poster rate SuddenZenith!!
@silverfire i guess im in same boat as mvhrad and suddenzeniths urvivors short on AS guess either go to a mace or change alot of pieces for the 5 slots of 9as
@bogden

Actually my axe hits 2.86 cause it has 8% attack speed. I only need 4 slots to reach the breakpoint thanks to this.

@Aetherhole

Haha, glad I could help, have fun!
12/11/2013 03:50 PMPosted by gooball
@RK I know you know what you're doing, but I don't follow your logic about the shield. Why use one at all if you're going to gimp it? You might as well have a weapon instead. Then you could get more fury, and do more damage, and I'm sure you'd still have enough ehp.

I think of it like this:

Are you using the shield to survive?
Using it as a stat stick?
A bit of both?

I wouldn't call a lower block rate gimping, the best part about shields is their ar, armor and stats. With SS, you get that very hefty defense against melee, and elites.
When I ran a 33% SS, I really noticed a lack of fury when hammering away, I simply lowered the block rate and noticed a significant difference in hota uptime.
With a ~20% SS, about the only difference you'll see is with arcane and firechains, your health will definitely bounce more with those affixes at a lower block rate, but if you are still outhealing the incoming damages, the end result is the same, you survive. With rend and hammers, Im seeing 40k+ health ticks, so my life fills up pretty fast.

Why I dont run DW?
- I simply despise EFs
- I could run non EF, but the attack speed changes drove me nuts
- I did try DW swords, and that wasnt bad at all, the 10%cc I lost lowered my hota uptime
- I gave up the IK set, so right there, I lost a slot of AR I needed to make up for, not to mention the vit loss from the chest, a shield provided a perfect spot
- I just really like how consistent my damages are with SnB, I crit anywhere from 1.2-2.1, while DWing, I would crit below a mill, and go up to 2.5 or so, the average was about the same, but I net higher stats/survivability with a shield.

Basically, its just preference/playstyle, not to mention, a shield makes for a very good gurney for carrying skorn newbs off the battlefield :)

/Offtopic, rate the guy above me
@RK I feel I can relate to this last post. Being a HC barb stacking Life per second along with Inspireing Presence I get 3000 life per second under my own buffs. and I have fare dexterity. I'm aiming for 800 without takeing from Strength. So the 20 percent block is "ok" for my SS but it shines better for damage with 300+ strength and the dexterity stacks me up to over 600 points. I feel very stirdy in heavy combat especially with a dodge and healing monk.

20% block chance
22% dodge chance

i could stack my gear differently but this is what i choose for D/C protection at least on easier Mp's. I'm lazy so i kinda like standing still and being frozen with Arcane orbs all around me. its a light show.

(couldn't rate the guy above you) had blue gear on. I'm guessing something for pvp. i would like another opinion on myself though
@Aceshigh

I dont play Hardcore, but it looks decent... 7/10?
i have no idea on how to rate you???
@neverdone. 7/10 Why all the Vitality Gems :) Should be strength :)
12/24/2013 04:20 PMPosted by reign
@Aceshigh

I dont play Hardcore, but it looks decent... 7/10?

Reign 10/10 haven't seen a good sword and board in a while :)
@ Simple Siren 6.5/10

You need lots more vitality especially with low life steal. You must get caught out and die a fair bit.

Suggest you try crafting a hellfire ring with vitality just to get you by for the moment.
@Skins

9.5/10
Your gear is pretty awesome, something to aspire to. I dislike using EF, especially as a main-hand weapon but I suppose it's not that bad with DPS that high.
@Skins 7/10

Awesome gear. Terrible build with an EF in your mainhand and the crutches you have to use for fury gen. You must lose WOTB a fair bit without the crutches. You must have a higher elite kill time with the feared elites.

Suggest you put your EF in your offhand and a rare axe/mace in your mainhand. Also suggest you utilize HOTA as your mouse's left-click.

@Ley 8/10

Since you're DWing 2 rare weapons (axe and sword), your barb is only 3% IAS away from the 2.5 APS BP for RLTW (for the axe). I suggest you either:

(1) Replace your Ammy with a 9% IAS one (instead of 6% IAS), or
(2) Replace your Bracers with Lacuni Prowlers (either str/vit/cc or str/ar/cc). Then sell your current 188str/76vit/12ms Ice Climbers to replace it with 240+ str, 140+ vit Ice Climbers.

But other than that, looking good so far as a Non-EF Rend / WW Barb.
Radical, solid build.... 9/10

Please rate me and give me input on which items to improve
@maykind 7/10 for paragon 14

Your not doing too bad for this stage. Suggest you craft a better amulet. Then look at crafting other items. Keep it going.

12/26/2013 01:26 AMPosted by Radical
@Skins 7/10

Awesome gear. Terrible build with an EF in your mainhand and the crutches you have to use for fury gen. You must lose WOTB a fair bit without the crutches. You must have a higher elite kill time with the feared elites.

You caught me when I was trying out the fury on the mainhand but trust me I use it predominantly offhand. Also been trying out a range of passives and have just moved from hard as nails to superstition. My kill times are pretty good.

Not interested in operating without a fury generator. Tried it and don't like it. Using bash - Punish and 14% extra damage for bash (along with other passive) my DPS when using Berserker is 783K and I'm knocking over the elites in quick time with WW. I just bash once or twice then WW and it gets my damage up pretty well for WW (lasts for 5 seconds at a go)
@Skins and Radical: you guys got really nice gear, 10/10 imo

Hi guys pls rate my budget uber barb. If you see that my pants or gems missing it means they are on my wiz lol. Downgraded and sharing items since exp is coming. Thanks
@ Itachi

Love the Tyraels Might and the stacking of your Elite Dmg. 10/10
12/25/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Skins
@ Simple Siren 6.5/10

You need lots more vitality especially with low life steal. You must get caught out and die a fair bit.

Suggest you try crafting a hellfire ring with vitality just to get you by for the moment.

I never die to be honest all the way even in MP10 :) But Yea Vitality was going to come at P100
Simple. I'll give ya a 5/10 as well that vit is way too low. You can also improve dps.
@JellzRoc

6/10 Decent gear. EF is never good for WW barb unless you have Cold SOJ. IMO
What should I get then instead of ef? A rare axe/mace?