Reapers should be free

General Discussion
Free for anyone who bought diablo 3 within the first month of its release. It was a horrible mess and a lot of things got fixed, but a lot is still missing. Some of these messing features seem to have been pushed to the expansion set

-adventure mode: In d2 you where free to go where ever you wanted and people have been asking for this since D3 came out. Now this feature has been pushed into the expansion

-Better loot: Has been a complaint since day 1, yet a big rework is first coming in the expansion

-Mystic: Was in the betta and then scrapped, now it will first come with the expansion

I dont find it acceptable that so many important features that should have been in the game from the beginning are now pushed into the expansion set.

we are still missing ladder resets, end game content and a real pvp system. But i guess these will be in the expansion set aswell. After all it toke you 1 year to come up with the identify all that d2 had on release.
Yeah, I qualify.
1) Do you actually feel this entitled? If you feel you 'wasted' your money pre-ordering then I suggest not pre-ordering games in the future and wait until they are actually released before making a purchase decision.

2) Most (if not all) of the new mechanics for RoS will be rolled out as a pre-expansion patch for everybody. The only thing you would be missing is the Act V content and Crusader (and I would assume Mystic will be content locked to Expansion game keys). Adventure mode and all of those other little goodies will be available to everyone, though the highest difficulty can only be unlocked at level 70, meaning xpac only.
Only the mystic and lvlcap 70 will be ros only.
The rest will be added for free.

But u are right 20$ should be MAX for RoS. Just because the crap loot!
11/18/2013 01:05 AMPosted by Nanaki
we are still missing ladder resets, end game content and a real pvp system. But i guess these will be in the expansion set aswell. After all it toke you 1 year to come up with the identify all that d2 had on release.

Unfortunately, these won't =P. The official word on ladder is... it's still being tested. As for PvP, Wyatt has explained it in a Gamestar interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ky7Njso_1g
PvP is about the 8:35 mark.

Also, define end-game content aside from endless farming.
1) Do you actually feel this entitled? If you feel you 'wasted' your money pre-ordering then I suggest not pre-ordering games in the future and wait until they are actually released before making a purchase decision.

2) Most (if not all) of the new mechanics for RoS will be rolled out as a pre-expansion patch for everybody. The only thing you would be missing is the Act V content and Crusader (and I would assume Mystic will be content locked to Expansion game keys). Adventure mode and all of those other little goodies will be available to everyone, though the highest difficulty can only be unlocked at level 70, meaning xpac only.

that is good news. Blizz called this game D3 when it is not so yes i feel entitled to the missing features
11/18/2013 02:21 AMPosted by Wilson

Unfortunately, these won't =P. The official word on ladder is... it's still being tested. As for PvP, Wyatt has explained it in a Gamestar interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ky7Njso_1g
PvP is about the 8:35 mark.

Also, define end-game content aside from endless farming.

well we were promised more end game stuff to do nefore paragon came out and they said there will be more to do than just paragon. But that was 1 year ago
11/18/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Nanaki
Blizz called this game D3 when it is not so yes i feel entitled to the missing features

... This is a video game, set in the Diablo universe, and it's the third game to be so. I'm confused how in your mind this isn't a Diablo game and how you were tricked in to buying it. Then to turn around and expect them to give you additional free content. That train of thought is mind boggling.

I am honestly confused about how you think this, please explain.
11/18/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Aristobulous
Adventure mode and all of those other little goodies will be available to everyone, though the highest difficulty can only be unlocked at level 70, meaning xpac only.

More recent information suggests that Adventure Mode actually will be an RoS-exclusive feature. Yes, I know what blues have mentioned in the past, but they never promised nor confirmed it. They've actually been very careful to note that plans may change whenever they've said as much.

At the moment it's looking like:

Pre-patch: Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, revamped existing skills.

Reaper of Souls: Adventure Mode, Act V, Crusader, Mystic, increased level cap to 70.

As for the actual OP topic, No, of course the expansion won't be free and nor should it. We are receiving a major system overhaul that addresses the games major faults in a free patch. We're not entitled to free content.
11/18/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Aristobulous
Blizz called this game D3 when it is not so yes i feel entitled to the missing features

... This is a video game, set in the Diablo universe, and it's the third game to be so. I'm confused how in your mind this isn't a Diablo game and how you were tricked in to buying it. Then to turn around and expect them to give you additional free content. That train of thought is mind boggling.

I am honestly confused about how you think this, please explain.

well it has changed quite a lot since release and has become more of a diablo game than it was on release.
A lof the stuff that made d2 and d1 so awesome is/was missing in D3,.

Saying i got tricked is wrong. I simply didnt read reviews or check the demo, because i enjoyed D1 and D2 so much that i didnt think it was possible to mess up D3. But blizzard proved me wrong they did screw up and we still are missing some important features.

For example it toke them 1 year to release brawling and identify all.
11/18/2013 02:48 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Adventure mode and all of those other little goodies will be available to everyone, though the highest difficulty can only be unlocked at level 70, meaning xpac only.

More recent information suggests that Adventure Mode actually will be an RoS-exclusive feature. Yes, I know what blues have mentioned in the past, but they never promised nor confirmed it. They've actually been very careful to note that plans may change whenever they've said as much.

Reaper of Souls: Adventure Mode, Act V, Crusader, Mystic, increased level cap to 70.

As for the actual OP topic, No, of course the expansion won't be free and nor should it. We are receiving a major system overhaul that addresses the games major faults in a free patch. We're not entitled to free content.

but those things should have been in D3 when the game shipped. A sequel should build on the previous games and improve them, not butcher them
11/18/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Nanaki

but those things should have been in D3 when the game shipped. A sequel should build on the previous games and improve them, not butcher them

I don't see your point. Or are you implying the alternative game mode, Act V, Crusader, Mystic and level 70 should have been included at release? If so I disagree.

Alternatively, a deep itemization system and further character customization should have been included at Diablo 3 release, and that's why we are getting those improvements (Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, rebalanced skills) as a free patch.

And before someone claims that the Mystic was a launch feature that's now being packaged as an Expansion feature; No, that's incorrect. Sure she has the same name and visual, but her function is entirely different than it was during her existence in pre-beta. She is the same "in-name only".
When RoS comes out, you'll have had D3 for two years. You'll probably have put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into it. Why the !@#$ should they spend years making brand new content for free?
It shouldn't be free because the people that made the game, whether they care about it or not still deserve to be paid for the work they did.

I don't see your point. Or are you implying the alternative game mode, Act V, Crusader, Mystic and level 70 should have been included at release? If so I disagree.

Alternatively, a deep itemization system and further character customization should have been included at Diablo 3 release, and that's why we are getting those improvements (Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, rebalanced skills) as a free patch.

And before someone claims that the Mystic was a launch feature that's now being packaged as an Expansion feature; No, that's incorrect. Sure she has the same name and visual, but her function is entirely different than it was during her existence in pre-beta. She is the same "in-name only".

i was not aware that those features would come in a patch, i expected all that to be expansion only
Yes, all the work of the developers, people who gains their lives working, should be free.

You have no respect for those people that actually works hard while you sit in your computer and complain confortably from your home (or office? :P)