WUG?

General Discussion
I played diablo 2 since vanilla also but christ i absolutely hated trading or even talking to anyone in that game , i wont be missing it at all , there may of been alot of good things but people absolutely refuse to look at the negative sides of it all in diablo 2 also. Relax and just wait and see what happens.

WUW
WUG?
WUW?
WUN?

Player 1 has left the game.
I don't know what WUG is but this is what I am thinking: Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun
11/17/2013 11:33 PMPosted by BubblesKun
I don't know what WUG is but this is what I am thinking: Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun

WHAT YOU GOT
11/17/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Brad
WUG was exactly the example I used when I stated why I hated trading in Diablo 2 as well. Remember waiting in rooms for 30+ minutes waiting for that one person to join with what you wanted? Yeah, me either because it got boring really fast.

All of that got perfectly solved with the introduction of the AH.
11/17/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Darlynn
WUG was exactly the example I used when I stated why I hated trading in Diablo 2 as well. Remember waiting in rooms for 30+ minutes waiting for that one person to join with what you wanted? Yeah, me either because it got boring really fast.

True story. Now we get WoW linear upgrades, with no new content patches, side quests, professions, or PvP.

This is going to be GREAT.
11/17/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Darlynn

Which is why they're removing it. Because it was such a "perfect" solution.... Right?
WUW?

I always hated trading this way. It's like moron talk. I'm a dumb sob that doesn't understand how to trade, I understand how to trade but don't speak your language, guy leaves because he's to dumb to speak correctly. Screw them...
WUW?

I always hated trading this way. It's like moron talk. I'm a dumb sob that doesn't understand how to trade, I understand how to trade but don't speak your language, guy leaves because he's to dumb to speak correctly. Screw them...

pretty much , i felt myself growing dumber the longer i tried to trade or interact with ANYONE in d2, i prefered solo and avoided trading at all costs
I just joined games where people were looking for something specific like 20 pgems for a high rune, or grief for x high runes. I think the big disorganized trade games where people were spamming WUW/WUG were just a ploy to get a PvP session going as that's what many of them devolved into.
11/18/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Baconan
I just joined games where people were looking for something specific like 20 pgems for a high rune, or grief for x high runes. I think the big disorganized trade games where people were spamming WUW/WUG were just a ploy to get a PvP session going as that's what many of them devolved into.

Yes, the open trade games where people would come in spamming stuff was very difficult. The "photo 4 3hr" games were nice and easy. You have HRs, you want a perfect hoto, you entered, traded, thanked them, and you're gone. Or the opposite, you make a game saying 3HRs 4 photo, and clear the game until someone joins.

Another issue with the open trade games is no one had any context for the quality of items a player needs. You couldn't look at their gear. If you could see that were wearing perfect everything, you'd know they weren't interested in your non-eth low damage titans.

With being able to see the player's gear, you might have a better sense of level of quality before engaging.
yeah that's annoying. but I'd rather deal with WUG? than the ah or this all boa legs
11/18/2013 01:09 PMPosted by DaRupp
You have HRs, you want a perfect hoto, you entered, traded, thanked them, and you're gone.

So this is the meaningful social interaction that BoA threatens to put an end to, huh?

...yeah, I think that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
11/18/2013 01:13 PMPosted by WDrSharkon
You have HRs, you want a perfect hoto, you entered, traded, thanked them, and you're gone.

So this is the meaningful social interaction that BoA threatens to put an end to, huh?

...yeah, I think that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Yes this is absolutely the social interaction I'm referring to. Between trading and Baal runs, that's how i met anyone on my friends list.

If you find someone for a trade and it's beneficial to both parties, before you know it you could have a few trades in that one session. Then you get to talking about gear, maybe give an item for free you don't like, or receive an item for free. That's all it takes.
WUW?

haha, This was mostly, Because they could not speak English.