Diablo Multiverse to take the place of Ladder

General Discussion
Imagine this scenario.

Every new game of D3 started is a completely new universe. Populated only by the players you invite.

The entire economy and world can be reset for you and your friends on your demand.

Most players I play with in MMOs, Borderlands, Diablo etc. don't actually care about competing with the entire world and botters, dupers, exploiters etc. They care about showing off their gear and achievements to their friends.

If Diablo data was tied to a simple data append key that could be shared among friends, there could be countless separate copies of Sanctuary out there, with no additional data cost. Each with a completely separate item pool and economy expanding at their own rate.

Perhaps you run a competitive Diablo league and twitch.tv all your games.

Perhaps you're 5 friends that know each other well.

Perhaps you're every college dorm that plays Diablo in Penn State.

A key appended to each "ladder", or Diablo universe is distributed to interested players, and they roll completely new characters for that Universe.

Your competitors can be as hard or softcore as you like since you would invite all of them and policing of who gets into each game could be set up with league permissions etc, much like any MMO guild.

BoA could go away, the gold AH could even come back in these systems as a configurable option, let people deal with their own black markets based on who they want to play with in the first place.

Blizzard could be the company that frees people from the nanny-state of these games without just handing out their server code, and satisfy a lot of the demands of people desiring offline, more or less competition etc by letting people filter their own Diablo community in the first place. Diluting the effects of RMT at the same time.

Imagine Diablo@MIT Diablo@Reddit Diablo@4Chan Diablo@PARC?. It'd be its own Internet space with a few addresses after a while. Taking a page from FPS each running their own server code, with their own options and communities out there. The append key could even be designed to be transferable to other communities should the community leaders desire their worlds to be compatible.

Just something to think about Blizz. If you really want to try something new. :P Later
Sounds like you want an in-game version of the guild system they are creating.

They have already given their reasons for limiting the population to 4 a game (loosely related to why no mass-summoning class ala necro). You can check the Blizzcon QnA vids for their exact answers.
Sounds like you want an in-game version of the guild system they are creating.

They have already given their reasons for limiting the population to 4 a game (loosely related to why no mass-summoning class ala necro). You can check the Blizzcon QnA vids for their exact answers.

I'm not talking about diversifying games, but diversifying the item, character, and gold database.

Blizzcon had way too many things I'm not interested in, or a reshash of RoS info I already heard to sit through a video of it. I might look for some transcripts at some point.