Why am i still dying??

General Discussion
when I swap to cm gear I rock 230K and I find that to be too slow.

even my 380K buffed ww barb feels slow on mp10

when I was playing a lot I usually preferred to rock mp7 @ 330K dps archon, or mp8 on my barb or wiz in cm. I only went mp10 for multiplayer games or ubers with barb

btw to the op, when I swap cm gear I rock a stormcrow(crit chance roll), blackthorne pants (armor + allres), and chantodo set (.25 os wand, high int+vit combo source)

Try to get your attack speed to at least 2.5 and above. And choose your skill wisely, you can try Slow Time - time warp or stretch time when you are playing in group. It make a huge different with 10%-20% more damage done to the monsters.
I use the SNS build quite a bit for it's efficiency in higher monster powers. I tweak it a bit depending on if I play party or solo. Try swapping out Storm Armour for Energy Armour with Prismatic Rune. It will bump your Armour and All Resists up. I feel more comfortable having it on but this is also because I try to leave Glass Cannon on for when I go into Archon Mode.

Get a Chantodo's Will Wand with a Socket and Attack Speed rating of 1.65 or 1.64 for a bigger price break. I swap it out for a sword totaling a 34k damage boost in archon mode without losing stacks.
You should work on crafting an amulet with attack Speed 9 Critical Chance 9-10 and any other good stats like CD, AD, Intel, All Resist

Look at my Hero Dark One for what I am using Monster Power 10 Act 1 and 3.
i appreciate all the answers i got the past couple days but i figured it out and it is really stupid of me lol all my gear is fine (yes better crit chance and loh would help) i just needed larger mobs and my freeze health and arcane power stays up and things die at a decent rate. i just need a mass pull when fighting elites so i can keep them grounded and im fine. the only thing i have died from lately was if one of those savage beasts charges in.
I hear you. I've been finding it more efficient to play alone in Act 1 this last little while. That way I can jump right in to Fields of Misery to search for Decaying Crypt and pause all attacks until criteria is met. A There's as many non elite enemies as possibility trying to flank me
B My life pool is not too low.

If there is a crypt I port to town then kill 4 elites in Festering Woods and go right to Decaying Crypt.
when I swap to cm gear I rock 230K and I find that to be too slow.

when I was playing a lot I usually preferred to rock mp7 @ 330K dps archon, or mp8 on my barb or wiz in cm. I only went mp10 for multiplayer games or ubers with barb

btw to the op, when I swap cm gear I rock a stormcrow(crit chance roll), blackthorne pants (armor + allres), and chantodo set (.25 os wand, high int+vit combo source)

Try to get your attack speed to at least 2.5 and above. And choose your skill wisely, you can try Slow Time - time warp or stretch time when you are playing in group. It make a huge different with 10%-20% more damage done to the monsters.

lol I don't know if your post is aimed at the op quoting mine or not. but I run the full sns + teleport with mirror image (helps even teleing into a crowd or when stutter freezing seigbreaker in ubers, he grabs the mirrors)

and my wizard does rock over 2.5 (or 2.74, I forget which breakpoint I can hit but I know its less than 3.01) and 55% cc and 900 loh with his cm gear on. but it still takes like 3 times longer to pop an elite on mp10 vs mp8. which is why I prefer to go for speed. in archon on mp7 and 8 I can pretty much perma archon. I can maintain archon on mp10 with the white mobs, but fi I don't have enough time up when I hit a blue I drop out (only on mp10, on mp7-8 archon goes forever)

I was more or less telling the op that he shouldn't be doing mp10, I have much more dps than him and I prefer lower mps.
11/14/2013 08:56 PMPosted by darien
this was for solo inferno mp 10

No it's not lol you deal 88k dps as a Wizard. You have good gear in name only, the stats on your gear could use upgrading.
Why am i still dying??

Try energy armor: force armor instead of storm armor. It will increase your suitability a lot, and virtually eliminate 1-shot deaths. (Some monsters can still one-shot you though if they deal more than twice your effective hp in damage)

11/15/2013 12:47 AMPosted by DOWNFALL

You must play MP10 a lot or something. When my barb had that dps it felt like things melted like butter (it still does). Maybe that's because I have a lot of characters that can't kill that fast on mp10 though...
i followed this guide and am above in most areas and still the same death. i can only stay alive in groups and thats if im lucky....i'm about to give up until the expansion comes out and people stop charging ridiculous prices on the AH
11/17/2013 10:58 PMPosted by darien
i followed this guide and am above in most areas and still the same death. i can only stay alive in groups and thats if im lucky....i'm about to give up until the expansion comes out and people stop charging ridiculous prices on the AH

Play the level you are geared for. I mean, What's the big deal about having to play MP10 anyway?
Waiting till the xpac comes? There will be no AH by then.
Undergeared now will not be magically OP'd with xpac. Kinda the opposite, if gear is like they are teasing us with. (Which it may very well NOT be, we don't know)
OP, there is NO way in hell you should be in MP10 solo, group or otherwise... you join most groups expect a swift kick... play your level, PLEASE?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/darien-1162/hero/11137818

this is my newer stuff and it still sucks even on mp 7 at least i could keep alive longer on 10 with my old. everything i buy brings some other stat down
What's with the Ruby in the gloves? You're starved for DPS (for MP10). That 46 Armor from that gem isn't doing anything for you.

You could definitely do with more Crit Damage. 156% is nothing.

And yeah, I imagine 101k does suck on MP7, especially as a Wiz.

The repair bills... If your pockets are that deep, you would be far better off spending your gold on proper gear than on repairs. At least with the gear, you have something to show for it. I mean, it's Sanctuary. You can't even take a deduction on your income tax for business expenses (repairs).

Or... Play a lower MP

EDIT to Add: Search your battletag here: http://www.diabro3.com/
EDIT to Add: Also look at http://d3up.com/ to see what stats will give you more bang for the buck.
What's with the Ruby in the gloves? You're starved for DPS (for MP10). That 46 Armor from that gem isn't doing anything for you.

/

oops that was supposed to be Topaz. mp 7 is okay i think i will farm that until i get more gold i only have 6m left. i cannot find any awesome gear though. something always brings something else down and getting a good mix seems to be the problem.
thank you still running into problems though lol
It's all a balancing act.

Look at the two sites I edit/added to my previous post. They may give you some insight.

d3up.com has a tutorial on it to help you get the most from the site.
Just running off the green/red numbers in stats change will have you chasing your tail forever
Get +1,000 vit may help. CM wiz may freeze of thing but sometimes you get stunned or frozen yourself. So that extra hp helps buy you seconds to lock them down. Also no shame in using a shield. I use shield in +mp7 for my cm wizard
11/18/2013 12:26 AMPosted by darien
mp 7 is okay i think i will farm that until i get more gold i only have 6m left.

Crypt of the Ancients (CotA) and Vault of the Assassin (VotA) are decent for farming. But farming is about efficiency, and dying is not efficient. Neither is paying big repair bills when you are trying to amass gold.

Here's a little farming run. Yeah, I did die in it once, but that wasn't gear. No gear can stop you from running into a double elite and standing in fire even as you get to near zero Spirit. There are Resists for all the different types of damage. But there is no "Stupid Stunt Resistance". Other than that instance - this is what I think many people mean when they talk of farming efficiently. A lot of people can do it even faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpwcjuab4o

NAILED IT! lol but I would like more CC any suggestions without lowering other stats too much?

thanks to everyone who posted advice and such.

NAILED IT! lol but I would like more CC any suggestions without lowering other stats too much?

thanks to everyone who posted advice and such.

He certainly looks much better geared now! Good attack speed and decent everything I'd say, have fun with it :)
I would learn a new build, I have a CM wiz and i never learned any other type, and if you dont know already, CM (The skill itself) is removed from ROS. So no more perma freeze! :(