The economy won't make it if we can't trade.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
watch this video, these are my thoughts on the issue as well
getting rid of trade will not ruin the economy it will stop people from selling items for
stupid amounts of gold or real money on the AH or third party websites when the AH goes down
it will also stop people being able to pay to win and just buy the best items in the game you will still be able to trade with friends and maybe even people that are on your friends list when the item drops, or a allocated 10 friends or something like that they are still working on it best thing to happen to the game IMO, watch this video this guy nails it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cwHPL1tZzw
there isnt going to be an economy, just you farming your own gear...how it should be
11/16/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Your just wrong with that quote. The Dev team has stated multiple times that it will only be the top tier items that are BOA. That's far from 100%. Check your facts.

Now I'm confused. Are all Legendary items 'top tier'? If not, then someone around here is wrong.

I think the difference is top tier legendary are going to be items that you have taken to the mystic and re-rolled an affix or found one of the BIS legendaries that can fall for your character. As far as I see it that will be your top 5-10% of legendary, however that will leave alot of room for usuable items below that as you wait for that drop. I think what they are trying to do is edge out the 3rd party sites in selling endgame or BIS gear. Less people would be willing to spend real $$$ for something that could be an drop away from being obsolete or simply visiting the mystic.
11/16/2013 05:34 AMPosted by sigi

Now I'm confused. Are all Legendary items 'top tier'? If not, then someone around here is wrong.

All legendaries and set items will be boa. Let's say rares are not completely useless but bis rares are crafted and crafted rares are boa so that totals to 100% of bis items are boa.

They have NEVER I repeat NEVER said all legendaries will be BOA.

All legendaries and set items will be boa. Let's say rares are not completely useless but bis rares are crafted and crafted rares are boa so that totals to 100% of bis items are boa.

All Legendary items will be BoA
11/16/2013 05:55 AMPosted by StuRedman
What economy? There is no economy without AH.

Diablo 3 will develop an economy after the AH goes away. Diablo did the same thing, it started with SOJ and than Diablo Clone killed that market, next it was High Runes and Perfect Gems.

The same type of give and take will happen in D3 once the economy settles down. Get used to change it happens alot in life. I hated the idea of an AH in my Diablo. However I also knew there was a chance without the AH that it may have turned into a monthly fee, so I accepted the evil to avoid not playing D3. So see is change so bad?
With BoA there is no effective Economy!

Or not as players tend to see a in-game Economy anyway. Gold is going to be the only form of currency and its only affected by crafting and fixing your gear thats damaged.

Edit: lets not forget that even crafting mats are going to be BoA. So we cant even buy mats with our gold.

Where are you getting your information? Please provide a source that all crafting materials are BOA. Secondly D2 had an economy based on Perfect Gems and Unique Rings and even Hellfire Torches.

So we are to believe everyone screaming about BOA has more information than the rest of us about the exact details on what's BOA and what's not? Also you have a time machine and you have travelled into 2014 to verify that D3 has no economy?

Again, please provide your source in the way of a link to a story or a video that says "ALL" legendary items will be BOA. Everything I have read or seen state that the TOP Tier of legendary items will be BOA but not all. Again I feel this is going to be after you get a pretty good Legendary and you take it the Mystic and re-roll until you get that one affix you want making it a top tier item. I don't see why you still can't get the RNG BIS legendaries that would not be BOA.
11/15/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
If everything is going to be BOA that would make gold the main currency. Bots will once again ruin any value gold has. They can't be stopped. In every online game they have a huge presence.. Especially with Blizzard games.

Not if gold BoA too :-p......

Anyways it wouldn't ruin the economy... Cause what will you be actually using your gold for? repairs, buying potions, crafting?........... gold will probably become useless like it was in d2 lod

Back in the Day when i played WoW was so hard to get gold... Sense blizzard made some changes, now days its so easy to get gold, Why would anyone buy gold in WoW.. Lazy people anyways, I'm sure in the future probably be easy to get more gold... Cause of AH going offline.

Again, please provide your source in the way of a link to a story or a video that says "ALL" legendary items will be BOA. Everything I have read or seen state that the TOP Tier of legendary items will be BOA but not all. Again I feel this is going to be after you get a pretty good Legendary and you take it the Mystic and re-roll until you get that one affix you want making it a top tier item. I don't see why you still can't get the RNG BIS legendaries that would not be BOA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrS_th5AI00

start at 11:30. there are several more where they stated this but im too lazy.

Unfortunately I can't watch youtube at work, I will view this tomorrow when I wake up and post afterwards. If it's the same video I watched, they had stated once that the top tier of items would be BOA, but never stated ALL legendary items would be. Again I will post back tomorrow regarding this.

Unfortunately I can't watch youtube at work, I will view this tomorrow when I wake up and post afterwards. If it's the same video I watched, they had stated once that the top tier of items would be BOA, but never stated ALL legendary items would be. Again I will post back tomorrow regarding this.

You can trade in game with your party of four for up to two hours after otherwise it's bound to your account. That goes for all legendary and set items. You can't trade with anyone outside your party either.

You can read about it here:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/exclusive-blizzcon-interview-soulbound-legendaries-and-trading-exceptions

You can trade in game with your party of four for up to two hours after otherwise it's bound to your account. That goes for all legendary and set items. You can't trade with anyone outside your party either.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/exclusive-blizzcon-interview-soulbound-legendaries-and-trading-exceptions

I suppose if that's the final say I am somewhat okay with it, more trading might be better, but I want the intergrity of the game and protection from botters over all else. I play solo or with 3-6 friends more than any other way and give away alot of items. I guess we will see how it shakes out.

Couldn't go to that site either. NO game sites at work. :( I can get to Diablo 3 through google searching for the forums but not other game sites.
11/16/2013 11:26 PMPosted by Visionhero

Actually, yes they did. Here is the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q8i9yvspA0
There is no economy without trade. Literally no econonmy.

Lol, the BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.

All they want is "monkey pull lever, monkey get shiney!" mindless "gameplay"!

At least its gameplay. And not, "monkey buy cheap, monkey sell high", that's not really gameplay now is it?
That makes no sense. Gold will be almost worthless. Go ahead and acquire a pile of gold it won't get you anywhere. You can't buy items anymore you have to play to get them.
11/17/2013 07:39 AMPosted by TheNightOwl
That makes no sense. Gold will be almost worthless. Go ahead and acquire a pile of gold it won't get you anywhere. You can't buy items anymore you have to play to get them.

I don't know what game you play but gold is not worthless. I have not used the AH to gear up or trade items since i left SC and the experience has been far more rewarding than i initially thought. With that said, i never have enough gold to craft with. When you don't have the means to make billions come March, you will change your view.

Economy...i am glad that term will be going away from D3!