No PvP, no trading, no chat channels...Why am I online?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
This is an honest question. If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?

Coop in this current iteration of Diablo 3 is hilarious, I remember it slowing down my runs significantly when I played.

Pretty lame online ARPG if you ask me.
So that Nanny State can feed you with proper doses of Smart Loot.

That's how Blizzard views their players:

http://gdb.rferl.org/E85917F7-2B87-46F0-AF58-80407F9078E0_mw1024_n_s.jpg
So that Nanny State can feed you with proper doses of Smart Loot.

That's how Blizzard views their players:

http://gdb.rferl.org/E85917F7-2B87-46F0-AF58-80407F9078E0_mw1024_n_s.jpg

Even with *laugh* 'EPIC LOOT', I don't see why I need to be online.

This is the best case scenario and I'm not kidding in the slightest:

Dude A: LOOK AT THIS SICK ECHOING FURY I FOUND WITH CRIT.
Dude B: *Shrugs* Nice. *logs off*
Coop has kind of been fixed.

You don't rely on each other, the gameplay difficulty and ai is too trivial for that. There's not much a need to synergize.

On the other hand, you get bonuses to things such as magic find and xp that make coop worth it.

Still, it's really hard to call diablo 3 a game without any replayability, competition or challenge. It's more like I am building a airplane model that will sit on the shelf and I cant fly. Like I am building a character that looks cool, has a lot of gear but I can' do anything fun with.

This is exactly my point. You sink a large amount of time into your character by obtaining items, so that you can more quickly obtain items without having the option to trade them or duel other players.

Seriously Blizzard, what the hell are you thinking?

And I'm 99% sure that my solo runs will be twice to ten times faster than the runs in 'public' games with 70k dps DH's in MP10. What a nice public game system they have to boot. To anyone in the 'end game', Diablo 3 is a mess and ROS is shaping up to be nothing less.
Online only has always been about trying to combat piracy in my opinion. I think any other lip service it gets is kind of silly.

Piracy is a *huge* issue with anything digital, and I don't blame them one bit for trying to do anything they can to try and protect their property.
You're online because playing offline makes you mad and you just forgot about it
well at least you can sit in public town hubs and look at everyones epic gear
If u play with your 3 friends u can share the rops u got with them.

Thats why playing online with friends is a good thing.
11/15/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Smash
or proper chat channels

From Blizzcon's small trailer you can actually see the old D2 chatroom,
Trade for good rare items to gear up your char, and then start slowly to get ur BoA lagendaries? that is what I plan to do.
This is a honest question. If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?

Coop in this current iteration of Diablo 3 is hilarious, I remember it slowing down my runs significantly when I played.

No ones forcing you to play dude. If you don't like the game don't play , its just that simple. also Diablo isn't a PVP game, it's a PVE one. Go somewhere else if you want PVP.
This is a honest question. If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?

No ones forcing you to play dude. If you don't like the game don't play , its just that simple. also Diablo isn't a PVP game, it's a PVE one. Go somewhere else if you want PVP.

Indeed!!!
You'll still be able to trade rares and blues.

Exactly

BoA is not really a problem to any RPG game, at least I don't trade in Torchlight, Dragon Age and Witcher, and I still enjoy the game very much

PvP is not necessary in Diablo 3, it is PvE game. For me, asking for PvP sounds like asking for a soccer game in Call of Duty

Exactly

BoA is not really a problem to any RPG game, at least I don't trade in Torchlight, Dragon Age and Witcher, and I still enjoy the game very much

PvP is not necessary in Diablo 3, it is PvE game. For me, asking for PvP sounds like asking for a soccer game in Call of Duty

Agreed. But I had to... Football, Battlefield. Fixed it :)
11/16/2013 03:45 AMPosted by Etopen

Does it really matter how you feel about pvp when they advertised it to sell more copies?
11/15/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Diablerie
it only benefitted Actiblizzard's wallet because of the anti-piracy DRM.

This

If u play with your 3 friends u can share the rops u got with them.

Thats why playing online with friends is a good thing.

To get good loot, you are forced to play in party even if you prefer to play alone and trade with your friends?

11/16/2013 03:36 AMPosted by Vlad
You'll still be able to trade rares and blues.

Blues and rares are worthless, i know it, you know it. Have you seen someone playing MP10 wearing blue items? Hell no, he would be dead. And rares, they are worth to wear only when you craft them (except rings and amus).
Piracy protection. Gamers have proven time and time again they can't be trusted.

Also...no chat channel?