Why BoA will not stop RMT or BOTS.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next

Dream on. There track record with ban waves should make you cry.

How many BOTS have been spamming you lately? Has it ever stoppped? LOL.

Once they sold the account, they are past the hurdle. Unless the idiot owner BOTS himself, they will never be caught, because it would appear to blizz just like normal player playing.

How many people got banned from exploiting the gold dupe bug? LOL. Blizz track record on bans is laughable. Isn't that why you are here crying about how everyone else gets better stuff than you? And how you want to punish everyone with no trade, BoA, and no AH?

The whole reason banning bots doesn't matter right now is because they can move all their sold goods off of the account as they go along. With BoA a single ban doesn't just eliminate the cd-key /account but every piece of loot botted from it and any progress based on time. It put's more risk on the buyer, period. Ban waves do happen no matter what you think, and when someone is paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for something, even the smallest risk of loosing it at any time for no other reason then it's existence, that is huge. Far less people can afford that or bother with that kind of trouble. It doesn't matter if botters start making more money then small countries, less people will invest in that, in turn reducing the problem in game.

It doesnt stop drug cartels when the feds find a tunnel with 20 tons of drugs in them. They are loosing millions and millions on one bust. But it doesnt slow them down. If anything they know to a certain extent not all of their product will make it to market. Thats why they wont put all their eggs in one basket and will have multiple ways to generate revenue. If they can make money they will accepted losses as long as are still turning a profit.
11/15/2013 12:34 PMPosted by FooOne
I reported my friend for botting and 2 days later his account got shut down. I dropped the Gibbering Gemstone on the ground and his stupid bot got stuck on it trying to pick it. LOL.

Okay, that is pretty funny.
It doesn't matter if botters start making more money then small countries, less people will invest in that, in turn reducing the problem in game.

You really need to get out to the real world sometime. If it makes more money, even with greater risk, there will be more of them. There is an old Chinese saying, "there are even business for losing heads, but there is never a business for losing money."

The greater the risk, the greater the reward. BoA will work as well as the war on drugs or prohibition. It won't work.

The point is that the botters alone aren't the main issue. It's what they sell that matters. Honda and Ferrari are both big companies, but how many Ferrari's do you see on the road compared to Honda's?
11/15/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Badfish
It doesnt stop drug cartels when the feds find a tunnel with 20 tons of drugs in them. They are loosing millions and millions on one bust. But it doesnt slow them down. If anything they know to a certain extent not all of their product will make it to market. Thats why they wont put all their eggs in one basket and will have multiple ways to generate revenue. If they can make money they will accepted losses as long as are still turning a profit.

Using this analogy, I'd argue even harder for BoA. If the botters are the drug cartels of D3, I would very much like a system that would separate me from the influence of these bad apples. BoA allows me to play my game and get my loot without caring about how Blizzard has to change the loot system to account for the "economy", which is being influenced by all these botters.
I'm pretty sure the war on drugs would work a lot better if we could magically turn the drugs BoA :P

Sorry guy, I cant sell you this. You will have to buy our farm in Random country.
11/15/2013 12:45 PMPosted by AOHNH

Using this analogy, I'd argue even harder for BoA. If the botters are the drug cartels of D3, I would very much like a system that would separate me from the influence of these bad apples. BoA allows me to play my game and get my loot without caring about how Blizzard has to change the loot system to account for the "economy", which is being influenced by all these botters.

I would even say BoA is like growing your own stuff in the garage or something and that it was legal. No need for the cartels then.
I'm pretty sure cartels have a larger supply then a single guy living in his garage, but the point is that he only needs enough for himself. He won't bother going to market.
Bots are only a problem if the items they farm can be sold to the public. That's also why D2 was so broken, Bots farmed Baal 24/7 and then sold their goods so incredible low, that a legit player could never compete with them.

Bots can farm as much as they want at D3, it wont have any impact on the legit gamers and that's why BOA is a blessing.

No matter how the third party traders whine at this forum, I hope that Blizzard will listen to the majority and those are still legit gamers who don't use the third party networks.

BoA is no good for casual players.Long time ago, when Diablo 2 (with xpack) come out, I played it days and night, it was fun and I had time.

It is good for Casuals, as they will have the same chance on loot as Nerds.

At D2 Nerds always had perfect gear due botting, hacking and third party trading. Casuals don't use these things, they are legit gamers and with the BOA system they will finally be able to have equal gear.
11/15/2013 12:45 PMPosted by AOHNH

Since we are using this analogy.

AH- would be like government regulation of Drug Sales, no risk, prices drop and they take fee
Botters- The drug cartels, higher cost due to risks
Trade- Free Market Economy, where buyer and sellers set price based on supply and demand.

AH- would be like government regulation of Drug Sales, no risk, prices drop and they take fee
Trade- Free Market Economy, where buyer and sellers set price based on supply and demand.

Then Phantom's suggestion is still the best:

BoA - grow my own stuff, don't need to go to the market, since I have everything I need.
11/15/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Badfish

Don't forget BoA - Growing your own
11/15/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Phantom
BoA - Growing your own

I like it :-)
11/15/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Bombus
BoA - Growing your own

Ya BOA would be grow your own. The question then becomes can you grow enough to meet your personal demand. Plus what do you do with surplus when you run out of space.

Ya BOA would be grow your own. The question then becomes can you grow enough to meet your personal demand. Plus what do you do with surplus when you run out of space.

Having that question is what it's all about. DO YOU have enough to meet your own demands? If not then congradulations! You still have a reason to play the game! Awesome! Longevity! Once you just buy up everything you want immediately, then what? I'm guessing it's buy a new game.
11/15/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Badfish
Here's the thing too. This is just what I could think off in what the last 5 days since it was announced. What will they come up with when they have months and months to figure out other ways to circumvent the system.

I do not bot/or care to
But I do know a few that do, and no I don't report them because that's how the play and it does not bother me

But to let you know
They have already figured it out
Just saying
Bots are only a problem if the items they farm can be sold to the public. That's also why D2 was so broken, Bots farmed Baal 24/7 and then sold their goods so incredible low, that a legit player could never compete with them.

Bots can farm as much as they want at D3, it wont have any impact on the legit gamers and that's why BOA is a blessing.

No matter how the third party traders whine at this forum, I hope that Blizzard will listen to the majority and those are still legit gamers who don't use the third party networks.

BoA is no good for casual players.Long time ago, when Diablo 2 (with xpack) come out, I played it days and night, it was fun and I had time.

It is good for Casuals, as they will have the same chance on loot as Nerds.

At D2 Nerds always had perfect gear due botting, hacking and third party trading. Casuals don't use these things, they are legit gamers and with the BOA system they will finally be able to have equal gear.

Sorry to tell you even after the exp/boa, they will still have better
And I mean you will not be anywhere close