Why BoA will not stop RMT or BOTS.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
11/15/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Exile
BOA isn't attempting to solve those problems. BOA is Blizzard's attempt to fix itemization. Which was initially supposed to be "loot 2.0". Obviously "loot 2.0" isn't all its cracked up to be. Remember when Blizzard first announced "loot 2.0" they said the auction house wasn't the problem itemization was? Then a couple months later, the announcement comes out that the auctions house is being removed. Now we have BOA. All in an effort to support "loot 2.0".

They admitted the AH was a mistake a month or so into the game release. Loot 2.0 will be just fine and seems to be great as far as gear goes. The point of BOA is actually to curb the bots exploiters and flippers. They made this game to be hack & slash rng loot grind. Not point and click AH search. Not sit in trade channels or forums looking for gear to play with. They want you to play the game to find gear to play with.
11/15/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Angst
They want you to play the game to find gear to play with.

Will they tell me what to drink too, if I get thirsty and need a break?

Personally, IDGAF how they want me to play it. It's my spare time, not theirs.
11/15/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Nephalem
They want you to play the game to find gear to play with.

Will they tell me what to drink too, if I get thirsty and need a break?

Personally, IDGAF how they want me to play it. It's my spare time, not theirs.

You should GAF because its THEIR GAME not YOURS. Instead of being so angry and narrow minded, why don't you come up with a solution that would fit their criteria of why they are making BOA in the first place?
11/15/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Badfish
The question then becomes can you grow enough to meet your personal demand.
You can and will eventually by playing the game. If you don't want to play the game or if you get bored of the game, you can find something else to do. :)

11/15/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Badfish
Plus what do you do with surplus when you run out of space.
You have three choices here:
1) Use it.
2) Vendor it for gold.
3) Salvage it for crafting materials. :)
11/15/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Angst
BOA isn't attempting to solve those problems. BOA is Blizzard's attempt to fix itemization. Which was initially supposed to be "loot 2.0". Obviously "loot 2.0" isn't all its cracked up to be. Remember when Blizzard first announced "loot 2.0" they said the auction house wasn't the problem itemization was? Then a couple months later, the announcement comes out that the auctions house is being removed. Now we have BOA. All in an effort to support "loot 2.0".

They admitted the AH was a mistake a month or so into the game release. Loot 2.0 will be just fine and seems to be great as far as gear goes. The point of BOA is actually to curb the bots exploiters and flippers. They made this game to be hack & slash rng loot grind. Not point and click AH search. Not sit in trade channels or forums looking for gear to play with. They want you to play the game to find gear to play with.

And yet with the Ah/ Trading in the game, you don't have to use those things
Its just people that don't want to use them, cant control themselves
Hate to see how they are with there first girlfriends
You are insane if you think that somebody buying unid legs is going to sit for hours in a game with 3 botters...he'd just bot them himself.

Don't accuse people without evidence to back it up. Not only is it rude, it also make you look stupid, so people in general, will disregard, whatever sound arguments, you might have besides that.

You can try to take the high road but the fact is I'm not the guy supporting everything that is in favor of the bots\RMT\cheaters and being against everything that isn't. It doesn't even have to be illegal, a ton of people have bias because a change like this would be negative for their 3rd party site.

I mean it's easy to spot particularly with the stupidity and contradictory arguments. For example, those against this change were in favor of removing the AH. Or they whine about freedoms and don't like restrictions when they want players to be restricted into a spec\stat allocation such that they have to remake new characters for different builds (because D2, duh!)

High road? I just pointed out that your argument, is invalid without evidence. You don't know if they are this or that, but still have your opinion about those people. Opinions / Suspicions are not evidence, period.

I wasn't trying to be an a$$, merely pointing out, that posting such things will overshadow the rest of your opinions on the subject.

As for the latter part of your message, I don't like restrictions either, I want options. Do you mean to say, that makes me a botter/cheater or whatever? D3 is (was) meant to be a follow-up from the previous game. There is nothing left of the previous game, so tell me why they even bothered to call this one Diablo? Not a single mechanic survived from that game. Imagine one of the popular shooters, suddenly is played like Tetris.....
The OP utterly fails to make the case that botting will have anything like the profit potential it currently possesses. Selling accounts? Really? A tiny, tiny market. Selling a handful of rares? Selling gold that only has value for enchanting and crafting?

Give me a break.
The OP utterly fails to make the case that botting will have anything like the profit potential it currently possesses. Selling accounts? Really? A tiny, tiny market. Selling a handful of rares? Selling gold that only has value for enchanting and crafting?

Give me a break.

The argument is not made that profit for the bitter will stay the same. The argument is that it will not eliminate rmt/botting because there will still be a way to do it. As long as there is a profit to be made it will happen. It may be lessened but again they will adapt. I even offered a way and means they can achieve that. Please support your statement, with an example or evidence.
Of course it won't eliminate botting but it will significantly shrink their business and that's fine with me.
Very few people will buy accounts. If that's all they have lost that's a total non-issue. This is a stretch.
The whole point is the post pokes holes I. The argument is that BOA wont eliminate bot / rmt transaction, SFers will still QQ when they end up in a game with some who has GG and from rmt/ bots and they will have the same feeling they do now. Albeit it may happen 50% less but it will come at the cost of half the player base so it might it terms of proportion be the same. Then you will have hampered your ability to compete because you can't trade. Trading freedom for a false sense of security.
11/16/2013 11:47 AMPosted by TheNightOwl
Very few people will buy accounts. If that's all they have lost that's a total non-issue. This is a stretch.

How about power-leveling?

In ROS, Paragon levels will be unlimited.

Imagine paying 10$ for first 50 Para's, 25$ For Para 51-100, etc. etc.

Power-leveling have always been there. Also in WoW where they already have BOA.
11/16/2013 11:47 AMPosted by TheNightOwl

Just like WoW huh. No one ever bought accounts in that game either...
Stretch? More like a proven track record.
11/16/2013 12:02 PMPosted by KingD

So, will the bots be powerleveling?
Bots aren't particularly good at speed runs though.
Imagine paying 10$ for a complete slowmo bore?
So then you'd be stuck at botting yourself I guess.
And then a ban ofcourse. Wasn't so fast after all :|
Yeah, but all those three bots are exposed when they invite a customer.
Do you really think that they'd go unreported for any length of time?

Hint
3rd party forums. because of them BoA is introduced, yes?
So now instead topic of selling items we have topics of selling time...

Also profit potential is easily done by adjusting prices. Supply and demand...
11/16/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Bombus

So, will the bots be powerleveling?
Bots aren't particularly good at speed runs though.
Imagine paying 10$ for a complete slowmo bore?
So then you'd be stuck at botting yourself I guess.
And then a ban ofcourse. Wasn't so fast after all :|

Bots, aren't always something automated. "Bots" can also be some poor chinese guy, trying to earn a bowl of rice on a 12 hour shift.

http://paxsims.wordpress.com/2011/12/15/virtual-economies-and-development/
11/16/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Badfish

Just like WoW huh. No one ever bought accounts in that game either...
Stretch? More like a proven track record.

Bots don't make those accounts though. Players do.
And when they're done with the game and wanna move on, they sell.
And they don't sell with profit...

But D3 isn't the same as WoW. In WoW you can do thousands of hours just to grind out reputation rewards. And there is also a monthly fee to play WoW.
All of that make a WoW account vastly more valuable than a D3 account.
If you grind thousands of hours in D3: RoS, I imagine you will have awesome stuff.
Actually, I think you will have cool things within 100 hours. At least one or two really fine items.
That is not a very good incentive to buy a botted account with real danger of getting banned. Since you can grind successfully yourself. Not so much in WoW, you gonna have to do them dailys to get the rep and you will have to actually play well on raids OR purchase a spot with a great team to carry you through.
See the difference?

Botters gonna have to sell D3 accounts for more than what they've purchased them for. I suspect that will be rather hard given the risks in buying a botted account or a sold account in general for that matter. Easier to grind yourself, that's what the game is about anyway.