What is THE PERFECT Setup for XP Farming?!?

Barbarian
Here are different setups using tal's

http://i.imgur.com/xX692GK.jpg

And setups using Nats

http://i.imgur.com/KePPdBm.jpg

If going the nats 2 piece route, now EHP is actually a concern on gear, we're losing a lot of ehp/raw damage by going 2 piece nats.

I'm not so sure it would be worth it, for 7% extra crit.

And using a doom hammer with 2 piece nats is pretty much out of the question.
11/19/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Det0x
[quote]Has it been tested that ACT2 is the best XP?

In my experience, you want to farm act2 if your playing solo with a barb.

Is the A2 route VOTA-Oasis-Storm Halls?

Maybe my skills suck, but I found A2 harder to run than A1 because the mobs seem more spread out so trouble in keeping WOTB up.
And that was with DW setup (MH, EF) not even using a skorn yet...
Here's a few gear choices I don't agree with that I see people using with the Skorn.

- IK chest/gloves

Sure they are great items, but if we're talking about perfect gear setup. Rare Crafts + Tal's chest will win every time and it's not close.

We can pick up 300 str on gloves with trifecta, which will make up for the 100 str we lose in the chest while also picking up 9 IAS.

- Inna's pants

I can't see any reason to go inna's pants ever for these runs, unless you were to go crafted chest + inna's as opposed to tal's. But that doesn't really make sense either since you can't get str,vit,AR on inna's pants. 1% crit doesn't mean anything and dex is almost completely useless.

- Green gem in SKORN

Now this I really don't understand, but I haven't tested it yet so maybe I'm wrong.

AFAIK, a ruby will be much more efficient for these runs than an emerald will, sure your crits will lose some damage (110% CD may seem like a lot, but when ur fully buffed the ruby gains are quite large too), but I'm quite confident that with enough gear your rend crits will be more than enough to kill whites @ MP10. Rend benefits greatly from AVG damage on gear as well as the ruby and skorns also roll 50% wep damage.

So our crits will lose a little damage, but our non-crits will gain a TON of DPS.

To me this is much much more efficient than going an emerald when our main damage skill is REND and making our REND damage more consistent would be ideal.

Agreed on everything except green gem. Usually when you're running trash your CC is meant to be really high. Extra crit always trumps the average damage bonus of a ruby in those scenarios.(I've tried)

- Mempo
- Crafted Shoulders/Viles
- Crafted Gloves
- Tal's Chest (AR or VIT)
- Witching Hour (AR/VIT)
- Lacunis (STR/VIT or STR/VIT/AR)
- Quadfecta Ammy
- Depth Diggers (STR/VIT/2os)
- HF Ring (IAS req)
- Leoric's Signet
- Ice Climbers (STR/VIT/Move speed)

;D dat setup.

Just saying however that if you have perfectly rolled ias on those pieces and have access to a decent enough doom hammer that would > a skorn any day for trash clears.

Well. Unless its your skorn. That skorn of yours is disgusting.

Edit: Also, you don't have to deal with that pesky 6% requirement to hit 1.81. Which is what I'm assuming those zunis are for.
@ Uberjagger

TBH it probably doesn't really matter at the end of the day

as we saw with Detox's D3rawr and my previous experiences heavily testing rend in PVP with green/red gems.

The differences will barely be noticeable in actual game-play when we're talking about 10k differential on crits from using emerald or ruby on a 400k rend

but on the low end of our non-crit rends, it should be noticeable.

basically we're talking about 70k-400k rends, as opposed to 60k-410k rends.
@ Uberjagger

TBH it probably doesn't really matter at the end of the day

as we saw with Detox's D3rawr and my previous experiences heavily testing rend in PVP with green/red gems.

The differences will barely be noticeable in actual game-play when we're talking about 10k differential on crits from using emerald or ruby on a 400k rend

but on the low end of our non-crit rends, it should be noticeable.

basically we're talking about 70k-400k rends, as opposed to 60k-410k rends.

True. As usual I'll be testing it out. Already slotted a marquis ruby into my doom.

._.

holy !@#$. 1632-2058 damage range. >.>
@uberjagger

YUP that's 1845 DPS skorn equiv (with ruby)
@uberjagger

YUP that's 1845 DPS skorn equiv (with ruby)

I'm actually getting pretty good results on it with VoTA.

Fingers crossed. >.> I might actually make this my usual setup.
@Zapro

Your WW/REND 101 what is this based off of?

are there some numbers you can show to show why Nats 2 piece would be ideal?

A nats ring wlil lose a LOT of DPS vs a rare for a barb, and you will also lose A LOTTTA dps in helm from using nats helm or would it be boots?? (still lose dps, and potentially IAS from leg zuni)

not to mention if leoric/HF is the way to go, you can't even use nats 2 piece.

If you have 100% perfect crit gear you will end up with 91% crit chance. Nat's set gives you 93% crit chance with non-perfect crit gear.

Rend damage is not a problem with either setup. You don't need a 5m crit Rend to kill a 5m hp mob.
@Zapro

Your WW/REND 101 what is this based off of?

are there some numbers you can show to show why Nats 2 piece would be ideal?

A nats ring wlil lose a LOT of DPS vs a rare for a barb, and you will also lose A LOTTTA dps in helm from using nats helm or would it be boots?? (still lose dps, and potentially IAS from leg zuni)

not to mention if leoric/HF is the way to go, you can't even use nats 2 piece.

If you have 100% perfect crit gear you will end up with 91% crit chance. Nat's set gives you 93% crit chance with non-perfect crit gear.

Rend damage is not a problem with either setup. You don't need a 5m crit Rend to kill a 5m hp mob.

You don't. Because you assume that your RLTW/WW will do some damage.

But if you want to minimise mob contact time having 5m crits is pretty ideal.

Just touch and go.

Just touch and go.

The only way to do it faster than how I do it is to have more attack speed.

Just touch and go.

THis is a stupid question but what if the following situation occurs:
- MP10 FOM mob HP is 5mil
- Rend total dmg (crit) = 2.5m
- tDPS (WW/RLTW) = 1m

Does that mean I need to circle mobs with WW at least 1-2times to result in a total of 5mil dmg?

Or asked in another way....what is the total rend dmg, tDPS (WW/RLTW), and crit chance required to do MP10 A1 efficiently (i.e. run thru mobs with rend/WW once)?

THis is a stupid question but what if the following situation occurs:
- MP10 FOM mob HP is 5mil
- Rend total dmg (crit) = 2.5m
- tDPS (WW/RLTW) = 1m

Does that mean I need to circle mobs with WW at least 1-2times to result in a total of 5mil dmg?

Or asked in another way....what is the total rend dmg, tDPS (WW/RLTW), and crit chance required to do MP10 A1 efficiently (i.e. run thru mobs with rend/WW once)?

That's not a stupid question at all because this is what the build is all about.

You are dealing 100% of Rend damage and a percentage of your tdps in 1 run-through. On top of that, you get Overpower damage and procs from Bloodbath.

The damage contribution of ww/tornado depends on mob type and how it behaves. On the goats from Fields of Misery, in 1 run through I usually get ~50% of my tdps. Savage beasts have a bigger hitbox so the percentage will be higher, ~80% of tdps.

For example, last time I tested a 4.2m Lacerate rend with 3m tdps, savage beasts got damaged for ~6.5m hp in 1 run-through.
@zapro

I don't see any reason why you would use anything but ravage for farming xp?

why would you ever use bloodbath or lacerate?
In a previous fields of misery kills per hour challenge, bloodbath based WW/rend had better results than ravage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309300922?page=1

I'm guessing Zapro is imthereal3377 due to a similar gearing philosophy, if that's the case he's been playing this build longer than anyone else that I know of.
@zylog

Mmmm, if bloodbath is unable to crit

and bloodbath is more optimal than the extra radius of ravage

it would be absolutely 100% that a ruby will outperform emerald.
http://d3-rend-damage-calc.6te.net/ is the calculator in this site accurate ?

Some mobs seem to have high armor and or resistances and get lower damage then what is shown on the calculator. 9.653m crit rend /average 8,977m. Still those fallen masters(oasis) seem to get half of that at most. But maybe I am misreading it.

Adding some attack speed will make the run smoother because you dont have to whirl around them to gain fury.

Basically you need to know the minimum crit rend ravage damage you need in a2 for one shotting and then start adding attackspeed.

I get 240m to 287m/hour in solo act 2 (vota/desolate/oasis/channels/zoltan) (fastest vota 5 stacks is about 3 mins in for me, sometimes it takes almost 5 :S) (not even close to Chazang's 400m/hour)

Dont have LS skorn nor a witchinghour and crit mempho also dont have 6bil for all of them :P (budget barb here)

Makes me wonder how much xp/hour I can gain by optimizing my pathing.
@Amitabha

Those calculated rend damages seem extremely high, considering the best I've seen from some top barbs is closer to 4.5 million. A more reliable calculator is www.d3rawr.com, if I input your barb into there I get 3.17 mil on a crit rend, 4.09 mil with lacerate. Personally I had better results with the 4 mil+ rend with lacerate for my solo runs as it would kill mobs more reliably, even with the reduced radius. Of course, if you can do it with ravage then that would be ideal. For team play always use ravage so you can ensure that you touch every mob as you pass through.

Note that Chazhang's solo XP probably averaged closer to 330 mil/h or so, whereas team play would average about 400 mil/h. He also farmed with a hellfire ring which helps reach those higher numbers.

Also, do you have a special setup for clearing vota? There are lots of tricks to making that part of the run faster if you're willing to play around with gear swapping.
11/20/2013 11:25 AMPosted by zylog
Also, do you have a special setup for clearing vota? There are lots of tricks to making that part of the run faster if you're willing to play around with gear swapping.

Don't listen to this. Gearswapping is the devil.

Next thing you know you'll have a stash tab devoted to Pig Stickers.
In a previous fields of misery kills per hour challenge, bloodbath based WW/rend had better results than ravage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309300922?page=1

I'm guessing Zapro is imthereal3377 due to a similar gearing philosophy, if that's the case he's been playing this build longer than anyone else that I know of.

Right down to that vendor trash Skorn. I keed, I keed!

Yeah it's him. How sad is it that I recognized the name of his rare ring off the d3up page. "Radiance demise" does have a ring to it though.

http://d3up.com/b/817030
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zapro-2758/hero/32650087
I don't think NATs 2 piece is ever going to be worth it tbh

it's extremely difficult to maintain the higher BP, your pretty much gimped for EHP unless you sacrifice damage rolls in other slots

I haven't done the math, but even if we're critting an extra 7%, it should nowhere near makeup the raw damage/EHP loss overall

@silverfire

That barb you just linked made my eyes bleed T_T