Diablo is NOT only "kill monster and get cool loot"

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
What took you guys so long to come to your senses? Recall I get responses like this:

12/12/2013 11:40 PMPosted by jamandcream
you are angry for all the wrong reasons man. Don't play the game, don't buy RoS, don't complain.

See:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11305510450
I would simply like an explanation on why we need super super low drop rates coupled with no trading and full randomness on drops. This is nothing like prior Diablos, and honestly is a very poor gaming model. The further PTR goes, the more I realize ROS is not a game worth owning.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907

With the game as it is now and your justification for low droprates being that you can gamble for them, I would not expect this game to last more than just a few months. As I said, with droprates as low as they are now, there is absolutely no justification for BoA.

See
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307960932
I have read that whole thing and it just amazes me that they are taking the direction that 95% of the player base is against. Why would you nerf FUN, AWESOME builds that have KEPT so many people playing this empty game and supporting you blizzard????? Why not BUFF EVERYTHING to the same level so we the players can have fun again! Build diversity is very HUGE, a vital thing, must have and did I say VERY IMPORTANT to end game. It makes people think, get excited and work towards something.

Ofcourse the main topic's were drops rates and BOA etc etc. Yet again blizz does the EXACT opposite of what 99% of the players want! I do understand that it would get rid of alot of spam in that regard but it's also going to get rid of alot of players at the same time.

Now you folks finally see the big dark abyss, better hope you don't get trapped beyond the even horizon.

Will people finally admit AH/RMAH is not related to the drop quality or rate? And with the RNG the best match for BoA will be the BOT. That is a match made in heaven or prehaps D3 hell. Taking away player freedom never solves any problems. And telling players to be quiet about it, doesn't help either.

And see this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11308200780

Diablo, D3, ROS should never have been just confined to finding loot, much less forcing everyone to play self-found.

In the interest to fight BOTS and 3rd party sites, taking away player liberty and freedom is never the right way to do this, in fact BoA gives the cake to the BOTs.

Just remember this:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin
i seriously cringed, it hurt, every time that dude said "diablo is about the loot"
01/20/2014 06:34 PMPosted by generatedtag
i seriously cringed, it hurt, every time that dude said "diablo is about the loot"

So true. +1000.

And yet they kept on repeating the "kill monster and get cool loot" mantra. Repeating does NOT make it true, just more obnoxious.

Forcing BoA and self found was never the answer, because taking away freedoms was always wrong to start with.
Forcing players to hunt for loot thru BoA will only force players to get bored. When the RNG stops putting out, they will be done. And the RNG is (doubled drop rate or otherwise) will get to this point sooner or later or twice as fast. There has to be more than just kill monster and get loot.

PvP and trading (AH/RMAH/barter etc.) are all good alternatives.
11/26/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Yachiru
Diablo was never just "kill monster and get cool loot". This mantra repeated endless show how wrong the direction RoS is going and the number of idiots that repeat this stupid mantra is just mind numbing.

Fact remains, after a while, the RNG guarantees that it will be kill monster and you get no upgrade or cool loot, just more junk.

It is about playing the game for fun and not for loot. This is a revolutionary concept in a "so-called" loot hunt game.

The loot is just a means to end, the end being a having fun and enjoying the game time. Loot is not the end nor should loot hunt be the only end game. Players should have the freedom to play the game in the way that fun too them. BoA, No AH, No Respec, No PvP etc. is taking that freedom away from the player.

hears the problem. you take the gear off you level 60 what ever and you do no more damage or have HP then a level 1 acta-bliz made it all finding gear. they may as well do away with the level system and start the game with all skills

you ever try to make a melee DH well I can tell you this. you cant its Bow or nothing there is no freedom to build a char and have fun with random builds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I plan on selling games like toilet paper" -Bobby Kotick
You´re completely right. The lack of any endgame is leading to the fact that loot hunt and repeating farming routes is the only sense of this game.
01/20/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Yachiru
01/20/2014 06:34 PMPosted by generatedtag

So true. +1000.

And yet they kept on repeating the "kill monster and get cool loot" mantra. Repeating does NOT make it true, just more obnoxious.

Forcing BoA and self found was never the answer, because taking away freedoms was always wrong to start with.

And some ppl still call this "thing" as an ARPG. Action, i still agree, but RPG is far, far away from this "BOA-thing-unfinished-destroyed-franchise".
Reason I played D2, and I think everyone else, was community.
Any PVP fans in here please come give us your feedback on what you would like to see added to the PVP systems of Diablo 3. The goal is to get as much feedback in one thread for PVP as possible so we can see what positive changes we can make to the system with the CM's/Devs

Please come give us your constructive positive PVP feedback

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11422882433
11/27/2013 06:30 AMPosted by Cribstaxx
I can see where the AH made acquiring new gear just too simple

Acquiring basic gear has always been simple in D2/LOD. As I've said so many times before, the auction house is of marginal benefit to the basic ability to trade in the first place.

The problem has always been a number of factors completely different from the auction house. No progression loot inside the game made people feel forced to trade. D2 on the other hand had progression gear built into the game and easily farmable by the average player. Extreme randomization, uninspired legendaries, and the stat stick itemization system in D3 make the treasure hunt very boring. Way too many rares also drop in D3 which causes itemflation and item fatigue (too much crap to ID and 99.99% of it is junk). Not nearly enough itemization in D3 as a whole to make the treasure hunt worthwhile.

People are just too darn dense to critically analyze the situation and identify the correct root causes. And the devs are completely clueless.
It is the unbound RNG that makes it hard for players to get progression. In fact with the wide ranging stat values, the odds of getting upgrades gets lower the more a player plays, and the larger the range the quicker they hit the wall (because it only take one lucky drop) to shove a player to the point where in order for the next drop to be an upgrade it would need to beat all the lottery odds. It is just like the odds of a lottery winner winning a bigger jackpot.... try nuts!!

And then we are doing BoA this thing to all the players? You just raised nuts to the order of insanity.
"Different Options of gameplay", Customizability & Diversity through pvp, trying out different builds, a skill & loot system that supports diversity, trading, etc, - these things lead to more longevity.
Torchlight 2 did all that. Skill trees, no restrictions, even moddable. Add your own classes, weapons, armor, pets.....choice! Possibilities! FREEEEE-DUUUUM!!!!

...and yet it sold just a little over 2 million copies.

Makes you wonder just how much fun it is to play a game with all that freedom.
11/26/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Kookymunster
People speak of freedom in a video game that is more or less a sandbox. Just how much freedom do you expect in a sandbox? want to climb out of the box and see what is out there? I wonder.
So the traders want freedom to trade this also encompasses other methods of getting items to trade. But what about people who want freedom from trade? I say now that even if Blizzard implemented some type of system that would address this, How long would it be before the traders would be crying about oh lets see....The lack of social interaction? They would try very hard to creatively word what they really want. A game that forces people to trade in order to progress.

BoA= Absolute no freedom in our choice of play style

Trade/GAH= You want play self found, go ahead, no one's stopping, everyone's happy. Or is it that you cant bear seeing your gears be below par the majority of player base?
01/25/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Zaskaszh
Torchlight 2 did all that. Skill trees, no restrictions, even moddable. Add your own classes, weapons, armor, pets.....choice! Possibilities! FREEEEE-DUUUUM!!!!

You must also think that if ROS manages to get 2mil copies it is a success too. Such low standards.

If you hate freedom so much, why don't you go live in North Korea. They'll tell how to eat, live, work, play, sleep, and take a dump too while you are at it.

The fact that TL2 sold 2 mil copies with D3 advertising budget is big success, and freedom in the game was just bonus. Freedom certainly wasn't the reason why it did not sell more copies, perhaps that kiddie bright color artwork might have impacted its appeal.

The fact that TL 2 sold 2 mil copies with a little budget compared to other games is a huge success tbh.
True, Diablo is about builds.
Reiterating your Character.
Now that paragon is account wide, there is no problem with permanent choice right??

Reason why Torchlight fails in my EYE.
1. Torchlight doesnt have battle.net(there is no separation between cheaters,modders and normal people)
2. Torchlight allow MODS, which kills the endgame.
People keep saying that mods is good.
Mods makes a game became arcade.
Allowing mods also opens the door of cheat MODS..
3. Torchlight has build in cheats, i dont even care to build a character, Why, use cheat and its over. So who cares about your build, as soon as i spam my cheat, i can kill anything.

Torchlight is good, but is good as only for about 100 hours or so, because the contents is limited.
And say goodbye to the game ENDGAME with cheats and mods everywhere

Other than that, Torchlight has a sense of progression. You really have a sense that you are building this character through permanent choice.
But when i got level 20 i realize that cheats are available, and spam cheat right away.

You need to know that many people in Diablo 2 that i know are the type that challenge their self to make a build that is so painful to level until a certain level they got the enjoyment of their character fully done(sometimes with strange stat like PURE energy). and next they search for the GEAR necessary. His Energy Shield wizard was born. I remembered how he dies like most of the time when he play with my zealot paladin in lower levels. And now he is almost tankier than my zealot, hes even using zeal by using some runewords in his Phase blade.....
Respecing cheapened the process. Why should i build this, knowing that i only need to make 1 barbarian and thats it, he's jack of all trades.

Completely zero of that experience in Diablo 3.
I dont understand how they hated skill tree and permanent choice that much.
And why people should not remaking their character if something go wrong.
Has our society become that lazy to open a FAQ and do research on forums.
Minecraft thrive on that sense of rebuilding.
It never bored me to rebuild my world..
Loot IS the majourly most important part of the game, no offense, but even Diablo 2 have gotten boring after a few hours or one runthrough without the loot. It's gameplay and such is important, but fun loot hunting is the meat of why myself and many others keep playing. That goal of, does one more Baal run give me that legendary I need to upgrade my char, or another stupid rare, or what ever. It's the mystery behind every corner that is important to me. I stopped playing dungeon siege after 1 runthrough because the loot while nice, was stupid, by end of first run I had every item I might ever need from the game, no reason to hunt again.